1. Link to Post #21
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,275 times in 1,435 posts

Default Re: How often do you think how silly life is

Here to grow, you'll be in my prayers!
    "Without the human request, nothing will happen."

"This must never be forgotten, that the human has the power to prevail."

2. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Tyy1907 For This Post:

Gemma13 (2nd December 2021), heretogrow (3rd December 2021), Hym (3rd December 2021), Mashika (4th December 2021), onawah (15th December 2021), Pam (2nd December 2021), thepainterdoug (3rd December 2021), wondering (3rd December 2021)

3. Link to Post #22
    United States Avalon Member
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,945 times in 1,689 posts

Dear John: Your post including the video of Melissa Cuimmei speaking of The Great Reset exposing the plot to globally control and ultimately murder the human race triggered a memory in me. This memory concerned what these Globalists have been doing to Scientists who are inventing the tools of human control and manipulation in the War Against Humanity. Into the Scientists is surgically implanted sacks of a chemical which allows them to stay alive and continue their ordered work. If theY Blow The Whistle or Leave Their Posts, the supply of this chemical is stopped and they DIE.

The Global Reset is THE SAME DEVICE OF OWNERSHIP AND CONTROL OVER HUMAN LIFE. WE MUST NOT COMPLY OR WE ARE DEAD. THE SOLUTION MAY BE THE DESTRUCTION OF THE COMPUTER SYSTEM WHICH IS K E Y TO THEIR CONTROL. ALSO, WE MUST ELIMINATE THE GLOBALISTS AND THEIR STRONGHOLDS WHICH ARE CORPORATIONS AND THEIR ABILITY TO BUY OUR SO-CALLED REPRESENTATIVES IN CONGRESS. WE NEED TO SOMEHOW REPRESENT OURSELVES. (DO NOT REDUCE TYPE SIZE).
    Last edited by amor; 2nd December 2021 at 20:40.

4. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to amor For This Post:

Gemma13 (2nd December 2021), heretogrow (3rd December 2021), Hym (3rd December 2021), Mashika (4th December 2021), O Donna (3rd December 2021), onawah (15th December 2021), Pam (2nd December 2021), thepainterdoug (3rd December 2021), wondering (3rd December 2021)

5. Link to Post #23
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,043 times in 911 posts

How often?
    Do you mean how many times each day, 'cause if that's the ?, I honestly don't count....

Like this....

A friend calls and I ask what he's up to.
    The answer moves from one related subject to another and how my friend is going to go pick up some supplies another friend is asking him to come and get. The only thing is it's a slow, long drive with my trailer needed to load it all up, but it's along the Turquoise Trail, so it's a pretty long slog thru the hills.

He is thinking about his cell phone and keeping in touch with me and how hard it is for him to do so much on a device that he thoroughly does not like to use. We'll find him an old macbook pro that works well and get him on it to relieve some of the stress. He then tells me about going up to the top of the hill his land is on to do his meditation, long Ek Ong Kaars.

However, once up at the top of that mountain, one of the tallest around, on one side overlooking a major thru freeway, and the other on the west side a vast, long valley that finally touches the northern end of the Sandias he is startled by the markings on the ground, just in front of his normal place of meditation. There is a Yin Yang drawn on the dirt, just inches away.

He realizes that the marks in the dirt were caused by a snake, so he stands up and looks around for the danger....or the signs of another monk tired of walking, who is also appreciative of the altitude and the comfort the prayers have created.....the snake being only another temporary shell for another sentient soul. Yep, my friend thinks like that.

He looks around for his cell phone and he can't find it. He then has to walk back down the steep trail to his house to look for the phone.

He walks down keeping an eye out for the lost phone but sees nothing, even as he approaches his house. Stopping to retrace the memory of his walk up the hill he has a sense that he may have dropped the phone in his quick standing, protecting himself from what may be a dangerous snake.

He walks back up the hill and reminds himself that his meditation involves much more than sitting down and chanting. As he approaches his little temple in the wild he sees the phone in plain sight, right next to the Yin Yang drawing in the dirt.

He takes a picture of the markings and then sits down again to chant, now not worried at all about having some company join him. He too was a film union member, so having a likable snake for company is a refreshing change.

When he tells me about the meet and greet he had in the morning, I ask the only question possible....

Did you check the phone to see if the snake ordered anything online?

Hey, if the snake can draw a perfect YinYang symbol in the exact spot where he meditates, the only place on that big, tall mountain, why would anyone trust what he did with the phone?

Silly, Indeed.
    Last edited by Hym; 2nd December 2021 at 21:53.

6. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Hym For This Post:

Dubsy (4th December 2021), Gemma13 (2nd December 2021), heretogrow (3rd December 2021), Mashika (4th December 2021), O Donna (3rd December 2021), Pam (2nd December 2021), thepainterdoug (2nd December 2021), wondering (3rd December 2021)

7. Link to Post #24
    United States Avalon Member thepainterdoug's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 33,162 times in 3,159 posts

HeretoGrow. I sure do Hear you! Are humans getting weirder? im sorry to hear this but seems a rite of passage in some way. We are asked , or forced , to shed skins.
    god bless you for sharing truth!

embrace silly!

Mashika/ love what you say here.
    We live in a very much well built hyper-reality, waking up from it only takes you to another level of it, if you go talk to people, they mostly wish or have this idea of 'waking up' but they don't understand or could put into a specific idea or concept what 'waking up is'. Waking up is used as a way to achieve something, put you in a state of longing for a 'better reality', and once you finally 'wake up' is into this more perfect reality, but... it's just another wrapper around you

its just another wrapper.

Amor, Pam, everyone thanks for being truthful and honest. It starts there for us all. There is no lightness of being until we tell ourselves the truth. And the truth isnt good or bad. It just is.

HYM What a great story! yes very silly. we humans are. we are actors playing out parts. like, im a buddhist and i need to do buddhist things to show others, or even sillier, to show myself im playing my part. because we all have a watcher within
    Last edited by thepainterdoug; 2nd December 2021 at 21:59.

8. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to thepainterdoug For This Post:

amor (4th December 2021), Dubsy (4th December 2021), Gemma13 (2nd December 2021), heretogrow (3rd December 2021), Hym (2nd December 2021), Mashika (4th December 2021), O Donna (3rd December 2021), onawah (15th December 2021), Pam (2nd December 2021), wondering (3rd December 2021)

9. Link to Post #25
    United States Avalon Member heretogrow's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,981 times in 498 posts

Ok so I had the silliest notion. I think I will drink whiskey and fall into an oblivious sleep.If my granny were alive she would whoop my ass. Ladies don’t drink or wallop in pity. I wish I had someone to hug me. I am either loosing it or becoming my most real and authentic self.

10. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to heretogrow For This Post:

Gemma13 (3rd December 2021), Hym (3rd December 2021), Mashika (4th December 2021), O Donna (3rd December 2021), onawah (15th December 2021), Pam (3rd December 2021), thepainterdoug (3rd December 2021), Tyy1907 (3rd December 2021), wondering (3rd December 2021)

11. Link to Post #26
    United States Avalon Member thepainterdoug's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 33,162 times in 3,159 posts

Here to grow, I heard it said, we are here in order to find our way back to god. That stuck with me. We have all these earthly toys , fascinations, connections and accomplishments and none of them last. They all have a timer. Thats why this activity is silly.

I believe I finally realized this with people and relationships. I am an artist and a creator everyday. and its the process of being one that brings meaning. The objects I make are the residue for others to either enjoy or dismiss .But either way, they will see themselves in my residue. Perhaps thats the purpose.

im sorry for the difficult time you are enduring, but I see you as becoming a most authentic person. And perhaps we need to loose it, to become one.

Have you seen the movie, "Land" if not please see if you can as I thought of it when I read what you said . lonliness and abandenment is hanging over all of us every day. All can and will be lost. Yet we were put here to make these very attachments that eventually will be lost.

And yet, words mean nothing when reality hits. We all are good with words until the ax falls on us.

If I was an animal I'd be an eagle. Flying above, alone and observing all. Im very much like a cat, self sustaining yet can sit on a lap as well. But when someone holds for too long, I want to get down and re calibrate

I added a drawing study i made when in my 20ies. Contradictory me! lol

you are getting digital hugs from me and many here. I wish you strength in your journey. You were smart to find this family
    Attached Images  
    Last edited by thepainterdoug; 3rd December 2021 at 14:46. Reason: add pic

12. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to thepainterdoug For This Post:

amor (3rd December 2021), Dubsy (4th December 2021), Gemma13 (3rd December 2021), heretogrow (3rd December 2021), Hym (3rd December 2021), Mashika (4th December 2021), O Donna (3rd December 2021), onawah (15th December 2021), Pam (3rd December 2021), Sue (Ayt) (3rd December 2021), Tyy1907 (3rd December 2021), wondering (3rd December 2021)

13. Link to Post #27
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,275 times in 1,435 posts

Quote Posted by heretogrow (here)
    Ok so I had the silliest notion. I think I will drink whiskey and fall into an oblivious sleep.If my granny were alive she would whoop my ass. Ladies don’t drink or wallop in pity. I wish I had someone to hug me. I am either loosing it or becoming my most real and authentic self.
    You deserve to be happy! Hold yourself in high regard cause that's where it starts! Let the healing begin
    "Without the human request, nothing will happen."

"This must never be forgotten, that the human has the power to prevail."

14. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Tyy1907 For This Post:

Dubsy (4th December 2021), Gemma13 (3rd December 2021), heretogrow (3rd December 2021), Hym (3rd December 2021), Mashika (4th December 2021), O Donna (3rd December 2021), onawah (15th December 2021), Pam (3rd December 2021), thepainterdoug (3rd December 2021), wondering (3rd December 2021)

15. Link to Post #28
    Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,062 times in 2,419 posts

I’ve never felt or thought that life is silly. I have often wondered, especially in the past 20 or so years, what the point of it is. Human life at least. But I would not want to end any life, including my own. Life is a unique treasure. All life.

One of the best insights I came across about why life exists, is so that Universe, Consciousness, G-d .... can experience itself. I don’t know. That notion may seem silly to some.

16. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Satori For This Post:

amor (3rd December 2021), Dubsy (4th December 2021), Ernie Nemeth (3rd December 2021), Gemma13 (3rd December 2021), heretogrow (3rd December 2021), Hym (3rd December 2021), Mashika (4th December 2021), O Donna (3rd December 2021), onawah (15th December 2021), Pam (3rd December 2021), thepainterdoug (3rd December 2021), wondering (3rd December 2021)

17. Link to Post #29
    Thanks
    Thanked 27,393 times in 3,308 posts

I give up in this silly world. I am staying in bed today. I have a man who gambles all of his money away. It happens over and over. He has not touched me in four years. How silly is that? I am a warm, loving, genuine, honest person. Time to get off this merry go round. Things will not change until I change. Today I am going to stop cleaning up after him and stop paying his way. I am putting out an add that I am looking for a room mate when my darling daughter goes to college. I am going to experience life and not just cook and clean for someone who is not grateful. I am funny, witty, comical and warm. I am a damn good catch! It is silly to let a person who hates life and blames everyone else for everything bad that happens to them stay in the same space as one who seeks joy. I have a six month plan to wean him off my financial teet and for me too seek out my next journey. Here I come world! I am silly and vibrant and full of life and love! Can ya handle me!!!

Please be careful when you set limits with him. I don't claim to know anything about him except that he seems to be living off you. You stated previously that he is going to school. You also stated that he see's himself as a victim and others are to blame for things that happen to him.

He is gambling away his money and you seem to be paying the bills and doing all the day to day things that are required in life. So this guy has a really good deal going for himself and he isn't going to like to have that situation challenged. I would suspect he will respond in one of two ways. Either he will blame any problems on you and be very angry or he will turn on the charm to convince you that you are wrong and after all, he really is a victim and he's so sorry for anything that upset you and he will change. People that lack empathy will appeal to a empaths empathy to manipulate them. He will want you to feel bad for him.

I am not so sure I would be so generous to give this guy 6 months. You give him 6 months while he gambles money away and lives on your dime? He will use that time to manipulate you or intimidate or guilt you into changing your mind.

If he chose to spend his money on himself gambling you don't need to take on the role of being concerned about his welfare.

I would like to say I have never experienced anything like this, but I have. Empathics are pretty easy to exploit unless they can learn to balance empathy with self preservation.

And ask yourself, what do you get out of this relationship? Is it worth it in the end? What will 6 months of stress do for you?

Maybe the greatest gift you can give him is letting him be accountable for his own life.

18. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Pam For This Post:

amor (3rd December 2021), Dubsy (4th December 2021), Gemma13 (3rd December 2021), heretogrow (3rd December 2021), Hym (3rd December 2021), Mashika (4th December 2021), mokosh (3rd December 2021), O Donna (3rd December 2021), Tyy1907 (3rd December 2021), wondering (3rd December 2021)

19. Link to Post #30
    Thanks

Thank you to those who have reached out. I am artistic and creative too but there is no place to set up here. I rented a studio years ago and I found I need that discipline in order to create. Right now there is so much to do for the holidays. I will finish the decorating today and tomorrow my daughter and I will find a tree. I guess my creativity comes out in decorating and my cooking.

I am going to try to manifest a “she shed” where I can go to create. I have a friend who was raised Mennonite and she keeps telling me we need an outdoor kitchen so we can can naked! She is a wild child. I don’t think at our age that would be a pretty sight but she always finds a way to make me laugh by saying something crazy! She was way too bold for that religion! I have three other friends who plan to come can this summer and they said forget naked we will will all wear French maid costumes. LoL! That is not much prettier but it is the thought that counts I guess. I hang out with some messed up people but their quirkiness lifts me up. Sisterhood helps to heal. God does have a way of connecting me to great people, and forging real friendships.

So back to the dreaming of the she shed, I know I can make this happen. I have been gathering components for two decades. We had someone come to mill wood from trees that were cut on our property. I have an old wood fired cook stove that could be used for heat. I have saved up some old windows that a friend was discarding. I bought a door to an old federal post office years ago that is sitting in storage. So I have many of the components to create a creative space. I need to get out of this funk and put the years I have left to good use. I have grandchildren that look to me to be their groovy granny! It is time to dig down deep and rediscover that groovy vibe. I do love my Avalon family and the fact that I am accepted here on bad days as well as the good. The goodwill that emanates from you all is enough to turn anyone’s day brighter. Doug I will try to order Land on Netflix. We live out in the boonies and cannot download movies here as the WiFi is not good enough to stream movies. Thanks to all and much love!

20. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to heretogrow For This Post:

amor (3rd December 2021), Dubsy (4th December 2021), Gemma13 (4th December 2021), Heart to heart (4th December 2021), Hym (3rd December 2021), Krist (3rd December 2021), Mashika (4th December 2021), onawah (15th December 2021), Pam (3rd December 2021), thepainterdoug (3rd December 2021), wondering (3rd December 2021)

21. Link to Post #31
    Thanks

Pam,
    I so appreciate your response. You are right on topic. The six months is not for him. I have checked the housing market in our area and there are very few prospects. I have been looking for two years. My daughter graduates in six months. That is why he gets that timeframe. Once she graduates I am not bound to live in this school district. I guess In a way I am now using him the way he has used me. I guess at this point I am not above this. It is what it is. Oh and that she shed that I wish to manifest. That may be my new residence in six months! It needs to be on wheels!
    Last edited by heretogrow; 3rd December 2021 at 19:37.

22. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to heretogrow For This Post:

Dubsy (4th December 2021), Gemma13 (4th December 2021), Hym (3rd December 2021), Mashika (4th December 2021), Pam (3rd December 2021), wondering (3rd December 2021)

23. Link to Post #32
    Thanks
    Thanked 27,393 times in 3,308 posts

Pam,
    I so appreciate your response. You are right on topic. The six months is not for him. I have checked the housing market in our area and there are very few prospects. I have been looking for two years. My daughter graduates in six months. That is why he gets that timeframe. Once she graduates I am not bound to live in this school district. I guess In a way I am now using him the way he has used me. I guess at this point I am not above this. It is what it is. Oh and that she shed that I wish to manifest. That may be my new residence in six months! It needs to be on wheels!

Makes perfect sense!!! We are here for you my dear.

24. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Pam For This Post:

amor (3rd December 2021), Dubsy (4th December 2021), Gemma13 (4th December 2021), Hym (3rd December 2021), Mashika (4th December 2021), thepainterdoug (3rd December 2021), wondering (3rd December 2021)

25. Link to Post #33
    Thanks

I love you, Pam! Some day when I straighten all of this out and land where I am meant to be I am going to plan a meet up. Where we can physically get together and hug and share our truths!

26. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to heretogrow For This Post:

Dubsy (4th December 2021), Gemma13 (4th December 2021), Hym (3rd December 2021), Mashika (4th December 2021), thepainterdoug (3rd December 2021)

27. Link to Post #34
    United States Avalon Member
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,945 times in 1,689 posts

One day after you have finally made the transition, you will look back and think, " I wish I had moved away a long time before." He has deep psychological problems which require professional help. Help you cannot give. Do not blame yourself. In life we must keep moving forward inwardly. If we don't, we die inside. You have tried and exhausted your resources. He wants to be alone. Let him.

28. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to amor For This Post:

Gemma13 (4th December 2021), Mashika (4th December 2021), thepainterdoug (3rd December 2021), wondering (3rd December 2021)

29. Link to Post #35
    United States Avalon Member wondering's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,106 times in 905 posts

I have coveted a she shed for so long, second only to a tree house!! I am jealous of all the cool components you have already collected, heretogrow! Lots of fun to be had amidst the tough parts. Since I am in my grandmother vibe, I could be grandmother-in-residence and do some quilting...😁😁😁 You know, when the weather gets better!!

30. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to wondering For This Post:

Dubsy (4th December 2021), Gemma13 (4th December 2021), Hym (4th December 2021), Mashika (4th December 2021), thepainterdoug (3rd December 2021)

31. Link to Post #36
    Language
    English
    Thanks

I give up in this silly world. I am staying in bed today
    That touched me deeply

It's best for me to not get involved in personal lives -- I'm certainly no role model
    My utter lows have given me my strength and a doorway to claw my way back in this life.

The most amazing things have happened to me when I thought there was no hope

I laid on the floor once for 3 days -- did not eat or drink

A long story, - just a break up of family that many of us experience that I could not cope with the time .

Life goes on

Had to be open to the clues and synchronicities that were bombarding me at the time without me seeing the 'clues;' .......... took me a while

Luv's Dubsy
    Last edited by Dubsy; 4th December 2021 at 10:29.

32. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Dubsy For This Post:

Gemma13 (4th December 2021), Hym (4th December 2021), thepainterdoug (4th December 2021), Tyy1907 (4th December 2021), wondering (8th December 2021)

33. Link to Post #37
    Thanks

Oh my, how I reach out in gratitude at your post and your sharing of pain. It gets the best of us but then we pick ourselves up and dust ourselves off. I love you Dubsy and I thank you for opening up to me. Tomorrow I plan to be productive, I have not been of late. My only real regret while taking this break is that I did not get my grandson this week and he looks forward to his weekly visit. I needed a break but he needs my love. He is only two and so full of wonder. Some day it will no longer be cool to hang out with granny. So I must twist myself back into shape and be there for him.

34. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to heretogrow For This Post:

Dubsy (4th December 2021), Gemma13 (4th December 2021), Hym (4th December 2021), thepainterdoug (4th December 2021), Tyy1907 (4th December 2021), wondering (8th December 2021)

35. Link to Post #38
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Your Grandson will appreciate all the love you give him.
    My Grandmother was/ is so precious to me - more than my mother who wasn't a good guide.

She was a real free spirit and encouraged me to break with protocols and to question life.. Something that I did not understand at the time , but have never forgotten.

I look back on what my Grandmother said and taught to me
    I was very young , yet so happy to have told her that I loved her in her final days
    Last edited by Dubsy; 4th December 2021 at 11:10.

36. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Dubsy For This Post:

Gemma13 (4th December 2021), heretogrow (4th December 2021), Hym (4th December 2021), thepainterdoug (4th December 2021), Tyy1907 (4th December 2021), wondering (8th December 2021)

37. Link to Post #39
    United States Avalon Member Mike's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 50,312 times in 5,692 posts

"If there is a universal mind, must it be sane?" - Charles Fort.

Always liked that one.

38. The Following User Says Thank You to Mike For This Post:

Gemma13 (8th December 2021)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2