Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: The Death of the Dollar

1. Link to Post #1
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Default The Death of the Dollar

It's about time there was an open discussion on this

I would be very interested and appreciative of any feelings/ inputs/ knowledge, that Avalonions have on this subject.

Open Disclosure

I am and have been involved in money markets as an employee, and now a completely independent 'entity' within that structure.

I have many 'normie' friends within the said structure - And i'm not embarrassed or surprised that my friends within the structure are beginning to distance me.

It's not a big thing for me personally, as the deeper I became involved the less I had In common with people that I was involved with.

I came to the conclusion a few years ago that my views were not exactly gelling with the people that I was working with.

I see from reading posts from Avalonions, that many of you are experiencing the same feelings in your independent fields of 'expertise' ( not that I'm claiming to be an expert in anything )

I can post charts, that's my thing, ( I hold qualifications that get the normie traders interested ) .................. I scratch out a living by trading on my wits rather than listening to the institutionalist dogma.

I would much rather hear from you guys who have more of a intuitive view on what our future could be.

Is the US Dollar doomed .?
    Last edited by Dubsy; 4th December 2021 at 08:14.

2. The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to Dubsy For This Post:

Bill Ryan (4th December 2021), Brigantia (4th December 2021), Chip (5th December 2021), Dennis Leahy (4th December 2021), East Sun (4th December 2021), Franny (15th January 2022), Gemma13 (4th December 2021), heretogrow (4th December 2021), Mercedes (4th December 2021), Merkaba360 (5th December 2021), mizo (4th December 2021), mountain_jim (4th December 2021), rgray222 (5th December 2021), Sadieblue (4th December 2021), superior88 (15th July 2022), thepainterdoug (4th December 2021)

3. Link to Post #2
    United States Avalon Member heretogrow's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,981 times in 498 posts

Default Re: The Death of the Dollar

Oh gosh I hope not! My daughter graduates in May and her father set up a trust to take care of her . If the stock market tanks her future is limited. She wants to go to college and this trust is her ticket. I am retired and really can not afford that expense. The world is a strange place right now so who knows what will happen!

4. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to heretogrow For This Post:

Bill Ryan (4th December 2021), Dennis Leahy (4th December 2021), Dubsy (4th December 2021), Franny (15th January 2022), Gemma13 (4th December 2021), Mashika (5th December 2021), Mercedes (4th December 2021), mountain_jim (4th December 2021), rgray222 (5th December 2021), Sadieblue (4th December 2021), thepainterdoug (4th December 2021), toppy (5th December 2021)

5. Link to Post #3
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,212 times in 1,146 posts

Quote Posted by Dubsy (here)
    Is the US Dollar doomed .?
    Yes, in my view it's being deliberately run over a cliff.

You will know better than I just how many have been printed these past couple of years and what percentage that makes up of the total in circulation.

The people who are in charge understand full well the implications. Yet they accelerate ever faster. It cannot continue indefinitely and one has to draw the conclusion that it's not intended to.

A lot of things are being brought to crisis point and the dollar is one of them. When it loses its status as the global currency of last resort then there will be a massive realignment. This I believe is the intention of those driving events.

6. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to Journeyman For This Post:

amor (6th December 2021), Bill Ryan (4th December 2021), Dennis Leahy (4th December 2021), Dubsy (4th December 2021), Ernie Nemeth (4th December 2021), Franny (15th January 2022), Gemma13 (4th December 2021), Mercedes (4th December 2021), mountain_jim (4th December 2021), rgray222 (5th December 2021), Sadieblue (4th December 2021), thepainterdoug (4th December 2021), toppy (5th December 2021)

7. Link to Post #4
    Language
    English
    Thanks

To illustrate what I am saying .... below is a Daily chart showing the USD Index
    I 'arrowed' the last move when Covid first hit .

This does not look like a currency under stress at this time, regardless of the naysayers that I have been listening to since I've been analysing markets

Click image for larger version

Name:	DXY D1.png
Views:	33
Size:	24.4 KB
ID:	48035

The U.S. dollar index (USDX) is a measure of the value of the U.S. dollar relative to the value of a basket of currencies of the majority of the U.S.'s most significant trading partners. This index is similar to other trade-weighted indexes, which also use the exchange rates from the same major currencies.

The index is currently calculated by factoring in the exchange rates of six major world currencies, which include the Euro (EUR), Japanese yen (JPY), Canadian dollar (CAD), British pound (GBP), Swedish krona (SEK), and Swiss franc (CHF).

The EUR is, by far, the largest component of the index, making up 57.6% of the basket. The weights of the rest of the currencies in the index are JPY (13.6%), GBP (11.9%), CAD (9.1%), SEK (4.2%), and CHF (3.6%).

Here's my simple reasoning behind my not being too concerned about the USD - They are devaluing the USD by the day with non stop printing and smoothing by overnight repos

The actual Death of the Dollar will be something we feel in our pockets first by the way of inflationary pressures -- before we see an actual drop in the USD.
    The USD has been used historically as a safe haven in times of international upheaval.

It's quite a beautiful con ponzi ........ and why I disagree with the Clif High type scenario's, who clearly does not study markets as I do

I'm in agreement that the dollar is devaluing before our eyes -- yet. they can easily cover the fact because every fiat currency is in the process of devaluing

Fiat money is a government-issued currency that is not backed by a commodity

We're in a race to the bottom, and in a race to the bottom It's quite illogical to focus on the death of one currency
    Last edited by Dubsy; 4th December 2021 at 13:45.

8. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Dubsy For This Post:

amor (6th December 2021), Bill Ryan (4th December 2021), Dennis Leahy (4th December 2021), Franny (15th January 2022), graeme22 (4th December 2021), Mercedes (4th December 2021), Merkaba360 (5th December 2021), mountain_jim (4th December 2021), onevoice (6th December 2021), rgray222 (5th December 2021), Sadieblue (4th December 2021), toppy (5th December 2021)

9. Link to Post #5
    Thanks
    Thanked 77,645 times in 8,594 posts

I have been concentrating much of my retirement investments for years in physical gold funds (not paper GLD), physical silver funds, and recently, crypto due to my gut feeling that the fiat printing and resulting inflation would eventually pay off in these assets - and have missed a lot of the stock market appreciation while doing so.

This is partly due to remembering how much I got burned in tech stocks in 2000, but so it goes.

So while I understand the dollar may be stronger against other currencies, it seems to me that all the fiat paper currencies will continue to slide in value as the printing presses continue.

I agree with Journeyman that this looks intentional, and the dollar detonation is planned and approaching but I can't say when.

As an aside, it looks to me like a globalist attempt to destroy the US has made a lot of progress of late, but the fight continues with and within the awakening citizens.
    Last edited by mountain_jim; 4th December 2021 at 14:50.
    I don't believe anything, but I have many suspicions. - Robert Anton Wilson

The present as you think of it, and in practical working terms, is that point at which you select your physical experience from all those events that could be materialized. - Seth (The Nature of Personal Reality - Session 656, Page 293)

(avatar image: Brocken spectre, a wonderful phenomenon of nature I have experienced and a symbol for my aspirations.)

10. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to mountain_jim For This Post:

amor (6th December 2021), Arcturian108 (15th January 2022), Bill Ryan (15th January 2022), Dennis Leahy (4th December 2021), Dubsy (4th December 2021), Franny (15th January 2022), Hym (4th December 2021), Mercedes (4th December 2021), rgray222 (5th December 2021), Sadieblue (4th December 2021), toppy (5th December 2021)

11. Link to Post #6
    Language
    English
    Thanks

And I would agree with you both.

I don't see it as such a 'Dollar-centric problem as many do. - If the USD sneeze's then the whole world will catch the the cold.

There are some conceivable scenarios that might cause a sudden crisis for the dollar. The most realistic is the dual-threat of high inflation and high debt, a scenario in which rising consumer prices force the Fed to sharply raise interest rates. Much of the national debt is made up of relatively short-term instruments, so a spike in rates would act like an adjustable-rate mortgage after the teaser period ends. If the U.S. government struggled to afford its interest payments, foreign creditors could dump the dollar and trigger a collapse.

The death of the Dollar.? .. on paper I would argue yes, but seeing as every other 'paper' would be dragged to the gutter with it , the USD would still be king of the **** hill

Foreign exporters such as China. Europe and Japan do not want a dollar collapse because the United States is too important a customer. And even if the United States had to renegotiate or default on some debt obligations, there is little evidence that the world would let the dollar collapse and risk possible contagion.

12. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Dubsy For This Post:

Bill Ryan (15th January 2022), Dennis Leahy (4th December 2021), Franny (15th January 2022), leavesoftrees (5th December 2021), Mercedes (4th December 2021), Merkaba360 (5th December 2021), mountain_jim (4th December 2021), rgray222 (5th December 2021), toppy (5th December 2021)

13. Link to Post #7
    Thanks
    Thanked 77,645 times in 8,594 posts

https://www.zerohedge.com/crypto/mic...in-oxygen-mask

excerpt

Michael Saylor: "Bitcoin Is The Oxygen Mask"
    Tyler Durden's Photo
    BY TYLER DURDEN
    SATURDAY, DEC 04, 2021 - 09:55 AM
    "So what is bitcoin, exactly?" Tucker Carlson asks.

To explain it, Tucker notes that they scoured the world for someone to explain it that had "skin in the game" and Michael Saylor fits that bill perfectly with billions of his firm MicroStrategy's balance sheet invested in the cryptocurrency space.

Saylor begins: "Bitcoin is the first engineered monetary system in the history of the human race...full stop!"

And to explain it, "the first question is 'whats money?'; the second question is 'whats the problem?'; and the third question is 'whats the solution?'."

And so the Microstrategy CEO begins by explaining what is money...

"Money is social, economic energy... it is monetary energy."

Wending his way from African's glass beads to gold and on to the present day, the bitcoin advocate notes that "money is that shared ledger of who owes what to whom," explaining the difference between "weak money and strong money" in terms of being able to manufacture glass beads and dump them on Africa-past (glass beads are weak money) analogizing to the dollar (being able to 'manufacture' dollars and dump them on the world).

Because of the inflationary impact on goods of this 'manufacturing' of dollars, you're never going to catch up because you are being paid the currency: "the only way you can actually stay ahead is to grow your cashflows faster than the rate of monetary inflation... and that's why the rate of expansion of the money supply is so critical."

Saylor makes the prescient point that while CPI dominates inflation discussions, "the government gets to pick what's in that basket of goods and how it is weighted."

The last decade has seen monetary inflation rise at around 14% per year... and the S&P has risen around 14% per year.

The best inflation rate for an investor, Saylor explains, or for anyone who wants to stay wealthy or be wealthy - if you're concerned about maintaining your economic purchasing power - "it's the monetary inflation rate - the rate at which the supply of money is expanding."

Then Saylor takes us on a journey:

"...the currency is to the economy what your blood is to your body... and economic energy or money is to the currency what oxygen is to your blood."

"So, common sense says that, if I keep sucking the oxygen out of the room, you're going either suffocate or freeze to death..."

"...and if I keep sucking the economic energy out of the currency, the economy collapses... and in the extreme you get ripped back to stone-age barter."

"...when the money doesn't work anymore, I have trade you cigarettes for bullets... and the problem with that is the economy becomes a million times less efficient."

"...how many countries in the world have a collapsed currency...66 of the dollarized [ZH: have an inflation problem]... there's about 130 floating currencies and all of them are weaker than the dollar."

"The US dollar is the world's reserve currency and the US dollar is expanding... it was expanding 10% a year for a decade... it's now expanding at 14% a year and expanded 34% over the past 12 months..."

Saylor is discussing the expansion of the US money supply (in a TMS - True Money Supply or Rothbard-Salerno Measure)..

Saylor continues, "...thus the dollar is weakening... it's like the oxygen is getting sucked out of the room..."

Saylor turns to Tucker and asks "..if I told you the oxygen is getting sucked out of the room... but there's an oxygen mask dropped out of the ceiling over there, what would you do?"

Tucker exclaims "I'd run for it!"

Saylor replies "yeah, put the oxygen mask on..." concluding his analogy by explaining that "Bitcoin is the oxygen mask."

As Tucker adds, Saylor has made the most compelling case I've ever heard for the need something like bitcoin:

"the whole point of bitcoin is to escape the inflation vortex that has consumed all these previous empires."

Saylor clarifies further:

"...the point of bitcoin is to fix the money... and money is energy... and energy is life... and if I keep sucking the energy out of the economy, I'm sucking the oxygen out of your system..."

"...under the best case, you perform poorly. Under the worst case, I suffocate you to death, or freeze you to death."

"That's the problem. That's why economies collapse... and that's why empire's collapse."

Watch the full-length interview below:

I don't believe anything, but I have many suspicions. - Robert Anton Wilson

The present as you think of it, and in practical working terms, is that point at which you select your physical experience from all those events that could be materialized. - Seth (The Nature of Personal Reality - Session 656, Page 293)

(avatar image: Brocken spectre, a wonderful phenomenon of nature I have experienced and a symbol for my aspirations.)

14. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to mountain_jim For This Post:

Bill Ryan (15th January 2022), Dennis Leahy (4th December 2021), Dubsy (5th December 2021), graeme22 (5th December 2021), Michi (6th December 2021), rgray222 (5th December 2021), toppy (5th December 2021), Vangelo (4th December 2021)

15. Link to Post #8
    Language
    English
    Thanks

I like Bitcoin. It really does make a lot of sense to me. I like the technology behind it, and I like the fact that it has a maximum supply of 21 million or so coins. So, unlike traditional currencies, it can't be de-valued by just 'creating more coins'.
    For this reason alone - It could, in the future offer 'inflation busting' potential, or a hedge against inflation once the volatility in Bitcoin settles down.

Click image for larger version

Name:	bit07.png
Views:	34
Size:	78.9 KB
ID:	48042

It's early days and still the new kid on the block. People are using it as speculative tool as well as a proxy currency at this time ...... but, this should cool off once it becomes more widely used and established in its own right.

My biggest fear is that it could be used as the poster child for ushering in the Federal Reserves own digital currency ( it's going to happen, imo ) after which it will be regulated harshly and seen as a competitor that must be brought to heel.-- There are many good threads here on Avalon discussing the pros and cons of Crypto.

There's a rumour making the rounds inside China, that they are about to issue a digital Yuan backed by gold. I would have laughed this off up to quite recently, as even China's impressive gold reserves do not seem sufficient. - It would seem that Hong Kong had large reserves also, and will eventually be absorbed into the middle kingdoms' coffers. - That places a whole new conspiracy spin on the reasons China were in a hurry to bring HK under control.

This would be an absolute game changer and would cause some very real problems to every paper, or future digital fiat.
    Last edited by Dubsy; 5th December 2021 at 05:40.

16. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Dubsy For This Post:

amor (6th December 2021), Bill Ryan (15th January 2022), mountain_jim (5th December 2021), rgray222 (5th December 2021), superior88 (15th July 2022), toppy (5th December 2021)

17. Link to Post #9
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 21,020 times in 2,189 posts

I do think the dollar is doomed but not for a while yet. It is still the safest currency on the planet. I don't believe that any other currency can even be considered a global reserve currency at this time. I am not sure when but blockchain technology will eliminate and/or restructure the banking system as we know it today. It is going to be intriguing to watch when the Europeans and the Americans decide to take on cryptocurrency. When regulations kick in several cryptos with useful utility will survive the onslaught but most crypto will fall by the wayside and lose all value. Similar to the big tech bust of the '90s.

From the looks of your avatar, it seems that you should be plundering the seas "trading" precious metals.

18. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to rgray222 For This Post:

Bill Ryan (15th January 2022), Dubsy (5th December 2021), leavesoftrees (5th December 2021), mountain_jim (5th December 2021), toppy (5th December 2021)

19. Link to Post #10
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,603 times in 673 posts

Quote Posted by rgray222 (here)
    From the looks of your[Dubsy's] avatar, it seems that you should be plundering the seas "trading" precious metals.
    I can't resist.

Stan Rogers - Barrett's Privateers

The only place a perfect right angle ever CAN be, is the mind.

20. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to gord For This Post:

Bill Ryan (15th January 2022), Dubsy (5th December 2021), Hym (5th December 2021), mountain_jim (5th December 2021), rgray222 (5th December 2021)

21. Link to Post #11
    Language
    English
    Thanks

You rascals

22. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Dubsy For This Post:

Bill Ryan (15th January 2022), Hym (5th December 2021), rgray222 (5th December 2021)

23. Link to Post #12
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Dubsy
    If you are in China and if you are a Chinese citizen please let us know what you think about the dollar. I would also be curious to hear your take on how the crackdown on crypto by the Chinese government is going. Also, how is the digital yuan working out, are people accepting it?
    Do you feel the dollar is doomed or will be displaced?
    Thanks

24. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to rgray222 For This Post:

Bill Ryan (15th January 2022), Dubsy (6th December 2021), Hym (5th December 2021)

25. Link to Post #13
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,479 times in 414 posts

I do think the dollar is doomed but not for a while yet. It is still the safest currency on the planet. I don't believe that any other currency can even be considered a global reserve currency at this time. I am not sure when but blockchain technology will eliminate and/or restructure the banking system as we know it today. It is going to be intriguing to watch when the Europeans and the Americans decide to take on cryptocurrency. When regulations kick in several cryptos with useful utility will survive the onslaught but most crypto will fall by the wayside and lose all value. Similar to the big tech bust of the '90s.

From the looks of your avatar, it seems that you should be plundering the seas "trading" precious metals.
    umm, mayhbe someone can help me out here, cuz i read about this but cant remember the terminology. block chain is a systemic technology that relies on a slow process for it to mature. Again, i forget the terminology so thats the best wording I got right now. It is not a "viral" technology that can just take off like a bat out of hell. lol There are too many complications within the system that need to change to slowly adjust and adopt the technology. It takes time to build it into the system or whatever.

I would guess that this decade will be the big transition into its full potential.

So, It does seem that block chain is going to be a massive innovation, but it needs to imbed itself into so many different functions and institutions to really take hold.

Yea, I really want to invest more in crypto but fear the big regulation strangle.

Im a bit of an imbecile in regards to financial markets. I really wish someone could tell me who wins when the economy and system tanks. I would like to put some bet on that. Sure ,i have some gold....but what other bets are good.

Sure the monetary system usually avoids some dire situation like the dollar central currency collapsing. Although, we are in special times. The awakening is becoming massive and chaos is a good way to hamper the emerging powerful massive group of people who are seeing thru the BS.

26. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Merkaba360 For This Post:

Bill Ryan (15th January 2022), Dubsy (6th December 2021), rgray222 (5th December 2021)

27. Link to Post #14
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Two quick videos explaining blockchain

28. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rgray222 For This Post:

Bill Ryan (15th January 2022), Dubsy (6th December 2021)

29. Link to Post #15
    Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,060 times in 2,419 posts

About 20 years ago there came a knock at my front at about 3:30 one morning which woke me from my sleep. It was the ex-wife of a client of mine—Little Rock Reed. Aka Timothy Reed. (Put his name in a search engine. He was once the USA’s number one “fugitive from justice”, but to many people he was a “refugee from injustice.”). She and Little Rock had been officially divorced about a week before.

Little Rock had been critically injured in a car accident the previous day. He was in ICU at the University of New Mexico Hospital, having been transported there by helicopter. The car he was driving had rolled. I later learned his head had been crushed.

Being divorced, his Ex-wife had no authority to direct that life saving measures be stopped. There was no one else who could speak for Little Rock. She had hoped that as his lawyer I could convince the hospital to let him die. I had no such authority either.

At her request, I went to the hospital. Little Rock lay on the table in ICU. At first it was hard to see what was wrong. Then I saw a nurse, one among several, standing near Little Rock’s head. She applied a white towel to his head. Within several seconds she pulled it away. It was blood red and dripping of blood. Then I saw numerous such red towels at her feet. A pool of blood was on the floor. I looked closer at his head. It was evident what was wrong. They were infusing him with blood to keep him “alive.” As fast as the blood went in, it came rushing out.

Little Rock was technically alive, but if not for the blood transfusions he would promptly die. After the hospital had done the necessary codes and protocols that it had to follow absent lawful authority to withdraw lifesaving measures, the transfusions stopped. Little Rock died. Technically speaking. I was standing at his feet as he lay on the table.

Not only the dollar, but all fiat, debt-based, legal tender created by central banks are on life support and being infused with the life blood of transfusions of more debt-based fiat legal tender. Once the infusions stop, the punch bowl is pulled away, the party is over and the patient dies. Just like Little Rock.

30. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Satori For This Post:

Arcturian108 (15th January 2022), Bill Ryan (15th January 2022), Dubsy (6th December 2021), gord (6th December 2021), Merkaba360 (6th December 2021), mountain_jim (6th December 2021), onevoice (24th December 2021), rgray222 (6th December 2021)

31. Link to Post #16
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,479 times in 414 posts

Quote Posted by Satori (here)
    About 20 years ago there came a knock at my front at about 3:30 one morning which woke me from my sleep. It was the ex-wife of a client of mine—Little Rock Reed. Aka Timothy Reed. (Put his name in a search engine. He was once the USA’s number one “fugitive from justice”, but to many people he was a “refugee from injustice.”). She and Little Rock had been officially divorced about a week before.

Little Rock had been critically injured in a car accident the previous day. He was in ICU at the University of New Mexico Hospital, having been transported there by helicopter. The car he was driving had rolled. I later learned his head had been crushed.

Being divorced, his Ex-wife had no authority to direct that life saving measures be stopped. There was no one else who could speak for Little Rock. She had hoped that as his lawyer I could convince the hospital to let him die. I had no such authority either.

At her request, I went to the hospital. Little Rock lay on the table in ICU. At first it was hard to see what was wrong. Then I saw a nurse, one among several, standing near Little Rock’s head. She applied a white towel to his head. Within several seconds she pulled it away. It was blood red and dripping of blood. Then I saw numerous such red towels at her feet. A pool of blood was on the floor. I looked closer at his head. It was evident what was wrong. They were infusing him with blood to keep him “alive.” As fast as the blood went in, it came rushing out.

Little Rock was technically alive, but if not for the blood transfusions he would promptly die. After the hospital had done the necessary codes and protocols that it had to follow absent lawful authority to withdraw lifesaving measures, the transfusions stopped. Little Rock died. Technically speaking. I was standing at his feet as he lay on the table.

Not only the dollar, but all fiat, debt-based, legal tender created by central banks are on life support and being infused with the life blood of transfusions of more debt-based fiat legal tender. Once the infusions stop, the punch bowl is pulled away, the party is over and the patient dies. Just like Little Rock.
    Yes, if they choose to pull out life support. But it seems like they got endless tricks and maneuvers to keep the party going. Does anybody here deeply understand economics. Like what would be sure indicators that the problem is out of control of the controllers and they cant even prop it up anymore.

I dont think we can exactly compare to smaller countries with much less resources and power. I'm sure the international banks will not take the same measures with a dollar collapse, vs something like Venezuela.

32. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Merkaba360 For This Post:

Bill Ryan (15th January 2022), Dubsy (6th December 2021), mountain_jim (6th December 2021), rgray222 (6th December 2021)

33. Link to Post #17
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Dubsy
    If you are in China and if you are a Chinese citizen please let us know what you think about the dollar. I would also be curious to hear your take on how the crackdown on crypto by the Chinese government is going. Also, how is the digital yuan working out, are people accepting it?
    Do you feel the dollar is doomed or will be displaced?
    Thanks

It was quite a surprise to my Han Chinese parents when I grew into this caucasian looking bloke with a big nose and pronounced London accent .
    In attempting to save their embarrassment I started to dress up as a pirate .................which only added to their shame and confusion

https://projectavalon.net/forum4/sho...=1#post1461534
    This link should help explain more - apart from the pirate garb which, thanks to Mr.photoshop was a rather lame joke myself and a chat group named Pirates adopted when one of the members suggested that we should hide our identities. I wasn't entirely happy with this, and my 'disguise' is fooling nobody It reminds me to not take myself too seriously.

I think the crackdown on Cryptos in China is a targeted policy to direct people to the digital Yuan. You dont see a lot of folding money used these days - everything can be paid by CRcode directly from cell phones, even down to buying food from a street vendor.
    Dare I say, that it has been incredibly successful in its rollout with even the older less 'tech savvy Grandma's adopting it. ' -- Of course, we all know the down sides to this, the tracking, loss of anonymity etc.

As I explained in my opening post - I'm not overly concerned about the USD in its own right. There's certainly a very good case for some weakening, but have to remember that the US is not the only country printing and manipulating their currency. It's a global problem with most in a race to the bottom.
    The USD is still the worlds reserve currency and that's not going to change anytime soon. Nation states are still using the Dollar to pay off / and manage their debts.

The USD is like the international language of currencies, and I, even not being a US citizen myself, hold much of my meagre stash in the USD as it's the easiest way to transact when living outside of my home country.

I'm not in the same camp as many of the Alt media personalities who are predicting the imminent death of the USD, although, I may respect and agree with them on other issues. - Because of the way currencies are linked and calculated we will feel the 'death' in our pockets, purchasing power and savings rather than see the Dollar chart sink down to zero . They can easily fudge a currency chart to try justify a claim that there's nothing to be concerned about. - that's why I called It a perfect con ponzi.

They are happy for us to keep watching the USD to go to zero, It doesn't exactly work like that................. our monies will slowly become worth at lot less due to global inflation and supply chain disruptions. - the real death of a thousand cuts that is being dismissed by the Fed and other Central Banks as transitory in their language.

The money in our pockets is in real danger of becoming slowly worthless through inflationary pressures .... without the dollar needing to put on a big show and suddenly collapse.
    Last edited by Dubsy; 6th December 2021 at 05:29.

34. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Dubsy For This Post:

Bill Ryan (15th January 2022), mountain_jim (6th December 2021), rgray222 (6th December 2021)

35. Link to Post #18
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,758 times in 2,555 posts

Does anyone have suggestions/recommendations for a good, secure place to purchase crypto, bitcoin, ethereum, etc. I'm a total newbie to this but feel a strong pull to buy now. I tried to sign up with Coinbase but got confusing messages from them and although I signed up to a US site, now seem to be getting messages from the UK site saying that I'm trying to access my account from a different computer - not true - and I'm feeling a bit squirmy about this site now. If anyone has used other sites that are working for them, I'd appreciate the tip. Thank you.

36. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Eva2 For This Post:

Bill Ryan (15th January 2022), Vangelo (15th January 2022)

37. Link to Post #19
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Jill (here)
    Does anyone have suggestions/recommendations for a good, secure place to purchase crypto, bitcoin, ethereum, etc. I'm a total newbie to this but feel a strong pull to buy now. I tried to sign up with Coinbase but got confusing messages from them and although I signed up to a US site, now seem to be getting messages from the UK site saying that I'm trying to access my account from a different computer - not true - and I'm feeling a bit squirmy about this site now. If anyone has used other sites that are working for them, I'd appreciate the tip. Thank you.
    Jill
    If you are in the USA, I would recommend Coinbase. If you are outside the USA I would recommend Binance. That said there are many many crypto exchanges that you can use, it all depends on what you are looking for. If you are new to crypto, I assume you would want an exchange that has a reasonably good selection of crypto while being pretty user friendly then coinbase probably fits the bill.

You should check out the thread Cryptocurrency: which alt-coins are the globalist corporations backing and why?

It may appear to be a bit overwhelming and technical but do not let that put you off. Some of the people posting there are very knowledgeable and technical. Jayke started the thread and he has some great advice that you might benefit from.
    Hope this helps
    R

38. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to rgray222 For This Post:

Bill Ryan (15th January 2022), Eva2 (15th January 2022), superior88 (15th July 2022), Vangelo (15th January 2022)

39. Link to Post #20
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,758 times in 2,555 posts

Thanks so much rgray - I'll definitely check out the link you provided. I will also return to coinbase despite a glitch and my squirmy feeling today when trying to get into an account I had set up with them. Your post confirmed what I've read and heard that they are a legit site. Thanks again for your input.

40. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Eva2 For This Post:

Bill Ryan (15th January 2022), rgray222 (15th January 2022)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast