+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Healing Bruxism

1. Link to Post #1
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,829 times in 458 posts

Default Healing Bruxism

Hey guys,

our ex/inactive forum member Joshua has created a (partially) free app to cure Bruxism, something that roughly 10% of the population suffer from.

It can show up as tight neck, headaches, ground down teeth, jaw pain, feeling unenergized upon awakening etc.

To understand his line of research, which is not a symptomatic fix but tackling the underlying issues, you could check out his contributions to the „the body intelligence“ thread:

https://projectavalon.net/forum4/sho...l=1#post231608

He‘s furthermore looking for dentists etc. to spread the word, so if you know anyone open minded in this field, please feel free to reach out to me or mention it in this thread.

Cheers!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	F05A9230-1C7B-4BD3-829A-9A0BB96DB954.jpeg
Views:	73
Size:	79.5 KB
ID:	48057  
    My book on the philosophy and power of imagination and how to train yours:
    www.jinn-imagio.de/book

2. The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to wegge For This Post:

Alecs (8th December 2021), aoibhghaire (8th December 2021), Bill Ryan (8th December 2021), Blacklight43 (8th December 2021), Chip (9th December 2021), Hym (8th December 2021), Ioneo (8th December 2021), Journeyman (9th December 2021), Kryztian (9th December 2021), Mercedes (8th December 2021), mizo (8th December 2021), onawah (9th December 2021), palehorse (9th December 2021), Stephanie (8th December 2021), Sunny-side-up (8th December 2021), wondering (8th December 2021)

3. Link to Post #2
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,074 times in 569 posts

Default Re: Healing Bruxism

Quote Posted by wegge (here)
    Hey guys,

our ex/inactive forum member Joshua has created a (partially) free app to cure Bruxism, something that roughly 10% of the population suffer from.

It can show up as tight neck, headaches, ground down teeth, jaw pain, feeling unenergized upon awakening etc.

To understand his line of research, which is not a symptomatic fix but tackling the underlying issues, you could check out his contributions to the „the body intelligence“ thread:

He‘s furthermore looking for dentists etc. to spread the word, so if you know anyone open minded in this field, please feel free to reach out to me or mention it in this thread.

Cheers!
    Interesting info thank you -my dentist has recently made me a gum splint for wearing during sleep, to resolve those symptoms you've stated -and I cannot sleep because I have a lump of foreign plastic my mouth...

4. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to mizo For This Post:

Blacklight43 (8th December 2021), Hym (8th December 2021), Mercedes (8th December 2021), palehorse (9th December 2021), Stephanie (8th December 2021), Sunny-side-up (8th December 2021), wegge (8th December 2021), wondering (8th December 2021)

5. Link to Post #3
    United States Avalon Member Blacklight43's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,900 times in 245 posts

I had this problem years ago and my dentist made a mouth guard for me that I wore at night... I wore it out. Then I trained myself to place my tongue between upper and lower teeth with slightly relaxed jaw...problem solved. Never had the pain again. You only bite your tongue once or twice before your brain gets the thought "don't bite down". At least my old brain learned a new trick!

6. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Blacklight43 For This Post:

earthdreamer (9th December 2021), Hym (8th December 2021), Journeyman (9th December 2021), Mercedes (8th December 2021), mizo (8th December 2021), palehorse (9th December 2021), Stephanie (8th December 2021), Sunny-side-up (8th December 2021), wegge (8th December 2021)

7. Link to Post #4
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Blacklight43 (here)
    I had this problem years ago and my dentist made a mouth guard for me that I wore at night... I wore it out. Then I trained myself to place my tongue between upper and lower teeth with slightly relaxed jaw...problem solved. Never had the pain again. You only bite your tongue once or twice before your brain gets the thought "don't bite down". At least my old brain learned a new trick!
    That sounds pretty amazing and super simple. Easy does it, it seems.

Wearing down the mouth guard does seem to be an issue, but not for the people who can continually sell them to us

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to wegge For This Post:

Blacklight43 (9th December 2021), palehorse (9th December 2021)

9. Link to Post #5
    Canada Avalon Member Ernie Nemeth's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 36,600 times in 5,379 posts

Oh, so that's what happened.

My front teeth are totally worn away. Half the length of my teeth gone. Pulp exposed top and bottom.

Now that I have no chewing teeth I have to chew with those nubs in front. I have this technique where I chew with the sides of my front teeth, kinda gnashing my food apart - they won't last long I'm sure. Don't know what will happen after that. I guess I'll invest in an industrial blender...

Never had dental insurance so never went to dentist unless pain drove me to them.

Of course I was under the impression that I would not live this long this healthy, either.

Can we lay these unusual long life spans at the doorstep of the modern medical industry? Or is there another reason?
    Empty your mind, be formless, shapeless — like water...Now water can flow or it can crash. Be water, my friend. Bruce Lee

Free will can only be as free as the mind that conceives it.

10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Ernie Nemeth For This Post:

Blacklight43 (9th December 2021), palehorse (9th December 2021), wegge (9th December 2021), wondering (10th December 2021)

11. Link to Post #6
    Thanks

Quote Posted by mizo (here)
    Quote Posted by wegge (here)
    Hey guys,

Cheers!
    Interesting info thank you -my dentist has recently made me a gum splint for wearing during sleep, to resolve those symptoms you've stated -and I cannot sleep because I have a lump of foreign plastic my mouth...
    I guess that’s an issue for many people that are more sensitive. I’ve talked to others who weren’t bothered.

If you try it out and you feel different or your dentist even notices a change please let me know. Also if any sticky points arise in your practice.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to wegge For This Post:

mizo (9th December 2021), wondering (10th December 2021)

13. Link to Post #7
    United States Avalon Member onawah's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 116,092 times in 20,639 posts

Perhaps you just haven't finished yet with what you came here to do, Ernie...

I ground my teeth for years and ended up with TMJ, so it's too painful to do that anymore.
    I had a good dentist when I was in my 20s who knew about my sweet tooth, and when he looked at my mouth he said I would save myself a lot of pain and expense if I just went ahead right then and had them all pulled and got dentures.
    Of course, being in my unwise 20s, I passed on that.
    There should be better options!!
    It looks like the Brux Fix might help though, even at this juncture, so I will take a look.
    Thanks!

Quote Posted by Ernie Nemeth (here)

Of course I was under the impression that I would not live this long this healthy, either.

Can we lay these unusual long life spans at the doorstep of the modern medical industry? Or is there another reason?
    Last edited by onawah; 9th December 2021 at 20:17.
    Each breath a gift...

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to onawah For This Post:

Blacklight43 (9th December 2021), wegge (9th December 2021), wondering (10th December 2021)

15. Link to Post #8
    Thanks

Quote Posted by onawah (here)
    Perhaps you just haven't finished yet with what you came here to do, Ernie...

I ground my teeth for years and ended up with TMJ, so it's too painful to do that anymore.
    I had a good dentist when I was in my 20s who knew about my sweet tooth, and when he looked at my mouth he said I would save myself a lot of pain and expense if I just went ahead right then and had them all pulled and got dentures.
    Of course, being in my unwise 20s, I passed on that.
    There should be better options!!
    It looks like the Brux Fix might help though, even at this juncture, so I will take a look.
    Thanks!

Quote Posted by Ernie Nemeth (here)

I have mixed feelings on getting your teeth pulled (like removing the appendix), BUT getting all my wisdom teeth removed earlier this year was a huge blessing and great decision actually.

Yes Ona, maybe the movements contained in the app can enhance your „mouth experience.“
    Last edited by wegge; 10th December 2021 at 15:10.
    My book on the philosophy and power of imagination and how to train yours:
    www.jinn-imagio.de/book

16. The Following User Says Thank You to wegge For This Post:

onawah (10th December 2021)

+ Reply to Thread