+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: The Satanic Message of Stairway to Heaven(?)

1. Link to Post #1
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,048 times in 2,398 posts

Default The Satanic Message of Stairway to Heaven(?)

Stumbled upon this hunting up old Beatles songs on Youtube, go figure.

(Personally I think the guy is off his trolley but... who knows?)

So, let's listen to it backwards.

(I would advise closing you eyes if sat at your screen as the interpreted lyrics WILL influence your thinking. Like an aural equivalent of pareidolia.)

Now with eyes shut and just listening I did hear the word satan, but , so what! We know the mind tries to make sense of things, both visually and aurally, compared to what it is already familiar with.

Here is another take by a guy with the handle 'BibleWizard'. He openly admits he has just made it all up but, perhaps interesting, Robert Plant does admit the song 'came to him' rather than him producing it.

---------------------------

For me it is a beautiful song and I can't give credence to the subject of the thread. I wanted to share for confirmations I guess. I'm reminded there was gossip about pedophilia after Jimmy Page allegedly had an underage girlfriend and the cover of Houses of the Holy had naked minors on it. (I just searched it to remind myself and it all looks rather innocent to me despite the models nudity).

-----------

Thoughts?

2. The Following 17 Users Say Thank You to Ewan For This Post:

Agape (9th December 2021), Bluegreen (8th December 2021), ExomatrixTV (8th December 2021), happyuk (9th December 2021), hm337 (9th December 2021), Inversion (9th December 2021), Ioneo (9th December 2021), iota (9th December 2021), Kryztian (8th December 2021), melissanederland (8th December 2021), Mercedes (8th December 2021), Mike (9th December 2021), mizo (8th December 2021), palehorse (9th December 2021), Satori (8th December 2021), Sunny-side-up (9th December 2021), Violet3 (9th December 2021)

3. Link to Post #2
    Thanks
    Thanked 56,345 times in 8,331 posts

Default Re: The Satanic Message of Stairway to Heaven(?)

Quote Posted by Ewan (here)

Thoughts?
    Even without playing it backwards, I don't think that guy is off his trolly at all.

Crowley was Golden Dawn, the "light" side of Satanism (the dark side is the Order of the Phoenix, and it's currently being thrown under the bus by the "light" side).

We've almost left the era of Dark V Light, now. We're entering the era of False Light V True Light.

The Antichrist will rise from the false light movement.

Keep your eye on Kanye West. He's been well sheep dipped for a trial role play already, but they have plenty of spares in the new age movement too .
    ..................................................my first language is TYPO..............................................

4. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to norman For This Post:

Agape (9th December 2021), Bluegreen (8th December 2021), Ewan (8th December 2021), Hym (8th December 2021), Inversion (9th December 2021), iota (9th December 2021), Mercedes (8th December 2021), mizo (8th December 2021), Violet3 (9th December 2021)

5. Link to Post #3
    United States Avalon Member Bluegreen's Avatar
    Language
    ¿
    Thanks
    Thanked 52,419 times in 10,156 posts

gossip about pedophilia after Jimmy Page allegedly had an underage girlfriend
    Not allegedly ...

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Bluegreen For This Post:

Ewan (8th December 2021), iota (9th December 2021), Mercedes (8th December 2021)

7. Link to Post #4
    Thanks

Quote Posted by norman (here)

Thoughts?
    Even without playing it backwards, I don't think that guy is off his trolly at all.

Crowley was Golden Dawn, the "light" side of Satanism (the dark side is the Order of the Phoenix, and it's currently being thrown under the bus by the "light" side).

We've almost left the era of Dark V Light, now. We're entering the era of False Light V True Light.

The Antichrist will rise from the false light movement.

Keep your eye on Kanye West. He's been well sheep dipped for a trial role play already, but they have plenty of spares in the new age movement too .
    Thank you Norman, but you did not really address my question. The fact Robert Plant bought Crowley's old property in Scotland may not mean anything.

What did you make of my assertion that the human mind tries to undestand any sensory input by comparing it to that which it already thinks it knows? Playing it backwards is probably not a very reliable, or scientific, method for ascertaining anything - and you never listened to it backwards.

Do you think the song has Satanic undertones when you listen to it the way it is meant to be? (ie: not backwards).

-----------

Quote Posted by Bluegreen (here)
    gossip about pedophilia after Jimmy Page allegedly had an underage girlfriend
    Not allegedly ...

Ok, that was me falling into the politically correct and safely, safely method of modern speak where you cannot call a spade a spade, (and curse the person who ever coined that word as an alternate term for black people!).

I'm not going to criticise Jimmy Page for having an underage girlfiend, I also had an underage girlfriend once upon a time. It's not that long a story but it is off topic. It was also all very innocent. Both male and female humans mature physically and mentally at different ages, biologically speaking hormones probably don't kick in before they're due and they are a major driving force. Whereas laws written by humans don't take account of nature. It is also true that some young adults benefit from the protection those laws may afford them from predatorial types. Each case is different.

Last edited by Ewan; 8th December 2021 at 23:15. Reason: grammar

8. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Ewan For This Post:

Bluegreen (8th December 2021), Hym (9th December 2021), Mercedes (8th December 2021), mizo (10th December 2021), Violet3 (9th December 2021)

9. Link to Post #5
    Thanks

Do you think the song has Satanic undertones when you listen to it the way it is meant to be? (ie: not backwards).
    Super short answer, yes. But, let's not single it out from thousands of others. The entire 60's revolution is highly suspect. Some kind of black magic went on at the birth of that, if not in the womb. it became an aggressive gravy train that many innocent souls hopped on board of but either fell or got pushed back off broken. Those who rode it all the way to old age are a queer bunch of wizards.
    ..................................................my first language is TYPO..............................................

10. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to norman For This Post:

Ewan (9th December 2021), Hym (9th December 2021), iota (9th December 2021), Journeyman (9th December 2021), lisalu (9th December 2021), Satori (9th December 2021), Violet3 (9th December 2021)

11. Link to Post #6
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,052 times in 911 posts

The phrase 'The Stairway to Heaven' predates the song in several places. In the Midlands of England's interior, the lock system was known by the same moniker.

As the narrow canal system was created to transport materials and goods, coal and other minerals, the commerce within the country expanded, locks either ascending to a higher water level or descending to a lower water level, thus "heavenly stairways" were formed, making contiguous transport from one level of the canal to another practical. All of this designed by brilliant James Brindley, beginning in 1759.

In the instance of the song, as in but a few of the many songs by other British performers based on historical lore, where most of the context was given, the meaning has been converted, diverted, perverted too....
    Last edited by Hym; 9th December 2021 at 01:37.

12. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Hym For This Post:

Bluegreen (9th December 2021), Ewan (9th December 2021), gord (9th December 2021), happyuk (9th December 2021), iota (9th December 2021)

13. Link to Post #7
    United States Avalon Member Bluegreen's Avatar
    Language
    ¿
    Thanks
    Thanked 52,419 times in 10,156 posts

The father and son led band Spirit sued Led Zeppelin for plagiarizing "Stairway to Heaven" from their song "Taurus" and lost. Decide for yourself.

Led Zeppelin has been sued 8 times for plagiarizing 8 different songs, and has settled 7 out of court.

The original "Stairway to Heaven" – Jacob's Ladder

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jacob%27s_Ladder

Buying Crowley's property had great meaning to Page.

In the early 1970s, Jimmy Page owned an occult bookshop and publishing house, “The Equinox Booksellers and Publishers” in Kensington High Street, London, eventually closing it as the increasing success of Led Zeppelin resulted in his having insufficient time to devote to it. The company published a facsimile of Crowley’s 1904 edition of The Goetia. The bookstore got the name from a series of publications in book form that served as the official organ of the A.’.A.’., the mystical order created by Aleister Crowley.

https://littlequeenies.tumblr.com/po...ly-1970s-jimmy

Last edited by Bluegreen; 9th December 2021 at 03:11.

14. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Bluegreen For This Post:

Agape (9th December 2021), Ewan (9th December 2021), Hym (9th December 2021), iota (9th December 2021), Journeyman (9th December 2021), lisalu (9th December 2021), mountain_jim (9th December 2021), palehorse (9th December 2021), samsdice (9th December 2021), TomKat (9th December 2021)

15. Link to Post #8
    Thanks

You're right about Spirit it's clearly a rip off of taurus - I remember an interview in the 70's with Randy California (RIP) where he said Page asked him to show him the chords when LZ were on tour with Spirit in 1969. Sadly the lawsuit from the 90s was lost iirc.

16. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to samsdice For This Post:

Bluegreen (9th December 2021), Ewan (9th December 2021), Hym (9th December 2021), iota (9th December 2021), Journeyman (9th December 2021), TomKat (9th December 2021)

17. Link to Post #9
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,572 times in 1,593 posts

Wow, first time I listened to it, and bang a headache, don't know why but I could not finished the entire song backwards. I noticed 2x says the world SATN (without A in the end), but English is not my first language, I may have heard it wrong, also the song was poorly recorded, can't say for sure.

Black Sabbath (old times) and if I am not wrong also Hendrix used what is called "tritone" in their music which is also known as "the devil's interval" in music theory. Gurdieff also spoke about it is one of his meetings.

I have no doubt music is used to mess with the electro-magnetic field of all people in the world, some frequencies are really harmful and could kill or make one very sick.

Thanks Ewan for sharing it.
    --
    A chaos to the sense, a Kosmos to the reason.

18. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to palehorse For This Post:

Bluegreen (9th December 2021), Ewan (9th December 2021), Hym (9th December 2021), iota (9th December 2021), Journeyman (9th December 2021), mizo (10th December 2021), Sunny (10th December 2021)

19. Link to Post #10
    Thanks
    Thanked 25,357 times in 4,613 posts

I think the message is clear if you read the lyrics ( narrative) instead just focusing on the symbolics. It’s obvious the narrative coils confusingly around the theme of “Jacobs ladder”. It should be obvious to any pragmatic Christian that the view of someone trying to “buy their way to heaven” is pathetic and therefor dark.

I would avoid those extreme terms like “satanic” at all costs if you may as today’s normal people don’t hear to this easily.
    If you say that people would think you get automatically harmed by listening to the song even once 😇

I found the same case to be true with songs like Leonard Cohen’s “Hallelujah” which is so famous and charmed a generation of people
    the music is magical but despite its title the message is very dark.

And it’s similar case with couple more old pop songs and narratives I faintly recall but don’t go back to them.

Some are simply extremely pathetic, to the core.

Once I listened to a poetic documentary called something like “The Spirit of the Tree”.
    It seemed to have a depth at start and the author and narrator talked about the history of trees on the earth and how old they have been here, much longer than humans of course and how they supported us and guarded us and what else.
    It was wise and true and accompanied by the narrators deep, almost mournful voice.

But no matter I actually wanted to watch the documentary I’ve got sick of that voice and the pathos it delivered in few minutes and had to turn it off. Never tempted to try it again.

The same happens to more sensitive people at some historical sites and even museums .

Once experienced with discernment, I think it’s better to avoid the sadness ( or sarcasm ) much as possible.
    We all got exposed to it during our upbringing but some like me made genuine effort to get out of it fast because the energy drags us down.

It’s certainly better to find one’s own way ahead to freedom from the previous ( or whatever heavens you choose).
    But I will probably rather disagree with most philosophers and literary laureates that heavens ( or future) can be planned or imagined.

That’s the trick of getting attached or detached from concepts, visions, ideas and ideologies and looking ahead without precalculated plan.
    If someone planned it and payed for it, it can’t be quite “heaven”.

😢

20. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Agape For This Post:

Bluegreen (9th December 2021), Ewan (9th December 2021), Hym (15th December 2021), iota (9th December 2021), mizo (10th December 2021), palehorse (14th December 2021)

21. Link to Post #11
    Serbia Avalon Member
    Language
    English
    Thanks

David Oates did make a business out of reversal speech. He claims that reversal speech is act of subconscious mind that in that way tells person's true intentions. He did speech reversal on talks of many famous people. Check out his youtube channel for tons of examples. Here's a recent example:

22. The Following User Says Thank You to hm337 For This Post:

Bluegreen (9th December 2021)

23. Link to Post #12
    Thanks
    Thanked 25,357 times in 4,613 posts

Default Re: The Satanic Message of Stairway to Heaven

It’s obvious to me also that most earthbound spirits of old can sound wise but are really dark and deceptive.
    One of “them” got attached to me at some forgotten point of history but it uses language or dialect not spoken anymore and it seems to be attached to landscape.
    It simply says:”Don’t lie ( to yourself)” while it actually means something like “Don’t lie to yourself, you could do much better”.

That would sound like very good message if it wasn’t actually an accusative on the side of the spirit voice and while it seems to appear in almost ridiculously close to truth moments and revelations in my life it’s actually quite deplorable one,
    ignoring most of our current strives and circumstances,
    it’s less than supportive ( so I have rendered it useless after careful attempts for decipherment).

The common underlying feature these sad spirits seem to have is they are earthbound for the longest time possible and convinced we can’t ever get out of here.

So no matter how many times the raven knocks on my door
    I scream get out of my premises and don’t ask me to repeat
    nevermore for you

😅

24. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Agape For This Post:

Ewan (9th December 2021), Hym (9th December 2021), palehorse (9th December 2021)

25. Link to Post #13
    Thanks
    Thanked 459,404 times in 32,917 posts

Thoughts?
    Nonsense.

Jimmy Page: How Stairway to Heaven was written (from 2014)

26. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to Bill Ryan For This Post:

Bluegreen (9th December 2021), Ernie Nemeth (9th December 2021), Ewan (9th December 2021), Inversion (9th December 2021), Ioneo (9th December 2021), kudzy (11th December 2021), palehorse (9th December 2021), Sirus (11th December 2021), Sue (Ayt) (9th December 2021), Suzi E (9th December 2021), Tintin (9th December 2021), TomKat (9th December 2021), Yoda (9th December 2021)

27. Link to Post #14
    Thanks
    Thanked 78,286 times in 8,660 posts

Super short answer, yes. But, let's not single it out from thousands of others. The entire 60's revolution is highly suspect. Some kind of black magic went on at the birth of that, if not in the womb. it became an aggressive gravy train that many innocent souls hopped on board of but either fell or got pushed back off broken. Those who rode it all the way to old age are a queer bunch of wizards.
    From my personal experience and growth, I will defend the Grateful Dead collective experience portion of the 60's musically creative burst to my own gratefully-dead state.

The irony is that the San Francisco Psychedelic music scene got it's start because Ken Kesey and some poor musicians lined up to get paid to be dosed pure Sandoz LSD by the CIA - and found it highly worthwhile as a path of exploration to pursue on their own, later.

(As did I, once I had come to try it.)

The early GD/Pranksters experimentation begat the Acid Tests, and that genie was out of the bottle, and of course soon made illegal like any approved reality-tunnel questioning substance usually is.

And the collective energy vibration level from thousands of tripping souls gathered together in the GD collective song and jam context over the next 30 years (17 for me) was quite healing and vibration raising for most, even though the band's leader was a wounded soul.

Not all I admit. Altering consciousness so suddenly and powerfully is not something all are prepared or appropriate for, but in the context of these (GD) gatherings the set and setting was usually quite supportive.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I loved the band Spirit, saw them live a few times in their later years, did not know about that lawsuit.

Their album - 12 Dreams of Doctor Sardonicus

I first experienced hearing this on my first trip at a remote river location through a wind-blown, battery-operated tape deck with speakers set out 15 feet or so. (Though I will not argue that was a spiritually positive input, just look at the album cover, lol - but I survived that one ok.)
    Last edited by mountain_jim; 10th December 2021 at 12:07.
    I don't believe anything, but I have many suspicions. - Robert Anton Wilson

The present as you think of it, and in practical working terms, is that point at which you select your physical experience from all those events that could be materialized. - Seth (The Nature of Personal Reality - Session 656, Page 293)

(avatar image: Brocken spectre, a wonderful phenomenon of nature I have experienced and a symbol for my aspirations.)

28. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to mountain_jim For This Post:

Bluegreen (9th December 2021), Ernie Nemeth (9th December 2021), palehorse (9th December 2021)

29. Link to Post #15
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,331 times in 2,365 posts

and a new day will dawn for those who stare long
    and she wants to be sure, 'cos you know sometimes words have two meanings

the above lyrics supported the rumour in the 1970s that the song was inspired by when Robert Plant was given a tour of th Los Angeles Scientology Celebrity Center on 8th St, by Yvonne jentzsch, the director of the center.
    Those who stare long would be people ding the Training Routine Zero for hours on end.
    Misunderstood Words are anathema in Scientology, and Yvonne absolutely would have made sure everything was understood.

30. The Following User Says Thank You to TomKat For This Post:

Bluegreen (9th December 2021)

31. Link to Post #16
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,331 times in 2,365 posts

Quote Posted by samsdice (here)
    You're right about Spirit it's clearly a rip off of taurus - I remember an interview in the 70's with Randy California (RIP) where he said Page asked him to show him the chords when LZ were on tour with Spirit in 1969. Sadly the lawsuit from the 90s was lost iirc.
    I never felt Spirit deserved a songwriting credit for Stairway. I was very familiar with Taurus and did not hear anything copyrightable that Zeppelin stole. Although I'm sure Page was inspired by Randy's acoustic piece.

32. Link to Post #17
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Bill Ryan (here)
    Thoughts?
    Nonsense.

Jimmy Page: How Stairway to Heaven was written (from 2014)

Thank you, I was beginning to think no-one was going to say that.

33. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ewan For This Post:

Ernie Nemeth (9th December 2021), palehorse (9th December 2021)

34. Link to Post #18
    Thanks

Can Ewan and Bill explain what you are talking about ?

What does "that" and "nonsense" refer to ?

Backwards masking, or the main thrust of what the guy was saying?

35. Link to Post #19
    Thanks

Can Ewan and Bill explain what you are talking about ?

What does "that" and "nonsense" refer to ?

Backwards masking, or the main thrust of what the guy was saying?
    Speaking for Bill, he is saying the concept of Stairway to Heaven containing satanic messages is 'nonsense'.

My 'that' explicitly refers to precisely what Bill said.

I'm not sure everyone has understood my opening post. I thought it was nonsense too.

Quote We know the mind tries to make sense of things, both visually and aurally, compared to what it is already familiar with.

(What did you make of my assertion that) the human mind tries to undestand any sensory input by comparing it to that which it already thinks it knows? Playing it backwards is probably not a very reliable, or scientific, method for ascertaining anything.

Like an aural equivalent of pareidolia.
    I think listening to things backwards is meaningless.

36. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Ewan For This Post:

Brodie75 (11th December 2021), Hym (11th December 2021), palehorse (14th December 2021)

37. Link to Post #20
    Thanks

I think listening to things backwards in a nonsense put around by people trying to make satanism in all it's forms sound like nutty conspiracy theory, along the same lines as establishment shills kept the UFO phenomenon as a nutty conspiracy theory.

I think most people here realise the UFO phenomenon was/is deadly serious.

I recognised something in what that guy in the video was saying. Not sure he takes satanism as deadly seriously as I do, but he was trying to spook out clues as best he could. I noticed that his opening gambit was to study the lyrics Robert Plant wrote during those Headley Grange sessions. That certainly got my attention. That's why I expanded on where he was failing to get to, because, I suppose he's looking in the wrong place. Hardly surprising because of all that stupid backwards masking tee-he-ing foolery the shills distributed into the culture, while real satanism was/is saturated throughout the entire scene.

Right under our noses quite often, and also in secret. For example, do you know that there have been times when finished master tapes were taken into satanic ritual to have demon spirits attached to every copy reproduced from the master?

Think that stuff is a joke ?

There's a hell of a lot of silliness around the public perception of satanism. Frustratingly, for me, the 'alternative'/truther' world is at least as silly about it as the normies, and in some ugly dangerous ways, even more stupid about it.

38. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to norman For This Post:

Ewan (12th February 2022), Hym (11th December 2021)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast