+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Military recruitment videos for China, Russia... and the US

1. Link to Post #1
    Thanks
    Thanked 459,377 times in 32,916 posts

Default Military recruitment videos for China, Russia... and the US

Watch this 5 minute compilation and be amazed. (Maybe we should have a poll on which nation's military looks like the bad-ass. )

Last edited by Bill Ryan; 27th May 2023 at 12:48. Reason: fixed broken YouTube video

2. The Following 34 Users Say Thank You to Bill Ryan For This Post:

AlaBil (12th December 2021), avid (12th December 2021), Brigantia (11th December 2021), Carlitos (28th May 2023), DeDukshyn (11th December 2021), Denise/Dizi (12th December 2021), Ernie Nemeth (11th December 2021), ExomatrixTV (17th December 2021), Franny (12th December 2021), Gemma13 (12th December 2021), gord (12th December 2021), Gracy (11th December 2021), Harmony (11th December 2021), holcaul (11th December 2021), I am B (11th December 2021), Ioneo (11th December 2021), iota (12th December 2021), kudzy (12th December 2021), Le Chat (12th December 2021), Mark (Star Mariner) (12th December 2021), Mashika (11th December 2021), Mike (12th December 2021), mizo (12th December 2021), pabranno (12th December 2021), palehorse (12th December 2021), Pam (12th December 2021), Peace in Oz (13th December 2021), Reinhard (12th December 2021), thepainterdoug (12th December 2021), toppy (12th December 2021), XelNaga (12th December 2021), yelik (12th December 2021), Yoda (11th December 2021), ZenBaller (12th December 2021)

3. Link to Post #2
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,719 times in 203 posts

Default Re: Military recruitment videos for China, Russia... and the US

Quote Posted by Bill Ryan (here)
    Watch this 5 minute compilation and be amazed. (Maybe we should have a poll on which nation's military looks like the bad-ass. )

Thank you Bill.

Both Chinese and Russian ones are equally "bad-ass". Very well produced.

The US one does feel like it is being intentionally weakened. It does NOT feel like an organic and logical continuation of the woke culture.

The sweeping "jab" mandates and this idiotic recruitment video are all part of this campaign to weaken the US military.

I think.
    Last edited by Bill Ryan; 27th May 2023 at 12:50. Reason: fixed broken YouTube video

4. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to holcaul For This Post:

Bill Ryan (12th December 2021), Brigantia (11th December 2021), DeDukshyn (11th December 2021), Denise/Dizi (12th December 2021), Franny (12th December 2021), gord (12th December 2021), Harmony (11th December 2021), Mashika (11th December 2021), Mike (12th December 2021), Mike Gorman (12th December 2021), pabranno (12th December 2021), Pam (12th December 2021), Reinhard (12th December 2021), yelik (12th December 2021)

5. Link to Post #3
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 45,455 times in 8,541 posts

China's ad attempts to highlight their military and government as a supreme power - fitting for a communist country, the Russian ad attempts to highlight personal strength, training, and achievements, and the US ad is a cartoon that seems to be aimed at children with same sex parents, who are "fighting for equality"?

The cringe factor: very high.

But I'm sure the US has different ads and this one was just targeting and taking advantage of children's "woke" outrage??
    When you are one step ahead of the crowd, you are a genius.
    Two steps ahead, and you are deemed a crackpot.

6. The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to DeDukshyn For This Post:

Bill Ryan (12th December 2021), Brigantia (11th December 2021), Denise/Dizi (12th December 2021), Franny (12th December 2021), gord (12th December 2021), holcaul (11th December 2021), Le Chat (12th December 2021), Mashika (11th December 2021), Michel Leclerc (23rd August 2023), Mike (12th December 2021), pabranno (12th December 2021), Pam (12th December 2021), Reinhard (12th December 2021), XelNaga (12th December 2021), yelik (12th December 2021)

7. Link to Post #4
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,173 times in 1,357 posts

Doesn't it speak volumes that the US one is a cartoon?

8. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to Brigantia For This Post:

Bill Ryan (12th December 2021), Brodie75 (12th December 2021), Denise/Dizi (12th December 2021), Franny (12th December 2021), gord (12th December 2021), Mashika (11th December 2021), Michel Leclerc (23rd August 2023), Mike (12th December 2021), Mike Gorman (12th December 2021), pabranno (12th December 2021), Pam (12th December 2021), XelNaga (12th December 2021), yelik (12th December 2021)

9. Link to Post #5
    On Sabbatical
    Language
    None
    Thanks
    Thanked 27,830 times in 3,335 posts

Quote Posted by holcaul (here)

Thank you Bill.

The US one does feel like it is being intentionally weakened. It does NOT feel like an organic and logical continuation of the woke culture.

The sweeping "jab" mandates and this idiotic recruitment video are all part of this campaign to weaken the US military.

I think.
    I don't think it's just only weakening US military, i have seen regular people also been unable to do any kind of hard physical activity

For example, when i was around 13 or so, we had some guests from the US, and we were playing a game, not sure if you have seen it, but it's kids game that uses an elastic rope, and when played with older kids it can be physically demanding and also can trip you hard into the floor, so you need to be fast to use your hands and feet to avoid hitting the floor hard

Basically this

So anyway, i was there playing with my sister and her friends, and this guy from the family visiting, was around 15, and he came out to watch and we invited him to play, he joined and then i made a dumb mistake, i thought well "he's tall and older" and then i tripped him with the elastic, he fell hard and hit the floor like a sack of potatoes

He tried to get up and could not move, had a scratch on his knee and it looked like the skin got peeled off a bit, so he could not even stand. His father came running and as boy was crying the father started yelling something in english i could not understand at all, he sounded very upset. Then this happened, he picked and carried the guy as if he was a 5 year old boy that fell while running and then took him inside and into a bed, then cleaned up the scratches on the guys knee and put some bandaids, while the guy was just there closing his eyes as if he had been shot or something (the boy's face was all red, as in terrible pain)

I did not get it at all, he was 15.... But it looks like they parents somehow managed to make a 15 year old boy act like a 5 year old, and he could not process the pain of a scratch. I still think about it sometimes, how come you are 15 and can't get up on your own because of a scratch in your knee?

It's kind of a very odd thing isn't it? But i think it's just how the US military ended up with those ads. It's part of that same mentality i guess, all within that framework of "no pain should be experienced so you can be happy 100% of the time"

I think the issue, on the side of the military recruiters is "So now we have people unable to handle pain and hard moments, what can we do to still make them join?" And then someone came up with "well let's avoid showing them any kind of danger and hard training video, instead, let's show them happy/inspiring images they can relate to, but avoid completely showing them how hard it can be, or that they can die out there" The weakening happened way before they were military age capable, i think, now they are trying to work with what they have available

Not criticizing by the way, just expressing what i see and have seen in the past
    Last edited by Bill Ryan; 27th May 2023 at 12:49. Reason: fixed broken YouTube video
    Tired

10. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Mashika For This Post:

Bill Ryan (12th December 2021), Brigantia (12th December 2021), Denise/Dizi (12th December 2021), Franny (12th December 2021), holcaul (12th December 2021), Mike (12th December 2021), pabranno (12th December 2021), Pam (12th December 2021), Reinhard (12th December 2021)

11. Link to Post #6
    On Sabbatical
    Language
    None
    Thanks

Quote Posted by DeDukshyn (here)
    the Russian ad attempts to highlight personal strength, training, and achievements
    This is very correct

There is like a "unspoken" rule in Russia, way since you are a kid, that if you fall and hit hard, you must immediately get up no matter what, because if you don't, then you may not ever be able to get up again. It's enforced by older kids also, even when playing nice, if you don't get up after a hard fall, everyone looks down on you and lose respect, so you must get up and ignore the pain

That's how it translates to that observation you made once people get older, it's been there are along, and it calls on you, since it's how life is mostly all since kindergarten

¤=[Post Update]=¤

There are some actually nice US recruitment ads

Last edited by Mashika; 12th December 2021 at 00:52. Reason: Corrected wrong link on first video
    Tired

12. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Mashika For This Post:

Bill Ryan (12th December 2021), Brigantia (12th December 2021), DeDukshyn (12th December 2021), Denise/Dizi (12th December 2021), Franny (12th December 2021), Mike (12th December 2021), pabranno (12th December 2021), Pam (12th December 2021), Reinhard (12th December 2021), XelNaga (12th December 2021)

13. Link to Post #7
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Malisa (here)

Thank you Bill.

I think.
    I don't think it's just only weakening US military, i have seen regular people also been unable to do any kind of hard physical activity

For example, when i was around 13 or so, we had some guests from the US, and we were playing a game, not sure if you have seen it, but it's kids game that uses an elastic rope, and when played with older kids it can be physically demanding and also can trip you hard into the floor, so you need to be fast to use your hands and feet to avoid hitting the floor hard

Basically this

So anyway, i was there playing with my sister and her friends, and this guy from the family visiting, was around 15, and he came out to watch and we invited him to play, he joined and then i made a dumb mistake, i thought well "he's tall and older" and then i tripped him with the elastic, he fell hard and hit the floor like a sack of potatoes

He tried to get up and could not move, had a scratch on his knee and it looked like the skin got peeled off a bit, so he could not even stand. His father came running and as boy was crying the father started yelling something in english i could not understand at all, he sounded very upset. Then this happened, he picked and carried the guy as if he was a 5 year old boy that fell while running and then took him inside and into a bed, then cleaned up the scratches on the guys knee and put some bandaids, while the guy was just there closing his eyes as if he had been shot or something (the boy's face was all red, as in terrible pain)

I did not get it at all, he was 15.... But it looks like they parents somehow managed to make a 15 year old boy act like a 5 year old, and he could not process the pain of a scratch. I still think about it sometimes, how come you are 15 and can't get up on your own because of a scratch in your knee?

It's kind of a very odd thing isn't it? But i think it's just how the US military ended up with those ads. It's part of that same mentality i guess, all within that framework of "no pain should be experienced so you can be happy 100% of the time"

I think the issue, on the side of the military recruiters is "So now we have people unable to handle pain and hard moments, what can we do to still make them join?" And then someone came up with "well let's avoid showing them any kind of danger and hard training video, instead, let's show them happy/inspiring images they can relate to, but avoid completely showing them how hard it can be, or that they can die out there" The weakening happened way before they were military age capable, i think, now they are trying to work with what they have available

Not criticizing by the way, just expressing what i see and have seen in the past
    I remember that game. It was so much fun! I was born in Russia and lived there untill I was 8. Everyone played this game.
    Last edited by Bill Ryan; 27th May 2023 at 12:50. Reason: fixed broken YouTube video

14. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to holcaul For This Post:

Bill Ryan (12th December 2021), Brigantia (12th December 2021), Denise/Dizi (12th December 2021), Franny (12th December 2021), Mashika (12th December 2021), Mike (12th December 2021), pabranno (12th December 2021), Pam (12th December 2021), Reinhard (12th December 2021)

15. Link to Post #8
    Canada Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 17,271 times in 2,100 posts

Thank you Bill.

I think.

Basically this

I remember that game. It was so much fun! I was born in Russia and lived there untill I was 8. Everyone played this game.
    There were other variations (of course). One I remember was getting over a single elastic. Up to waist height you had to completely clear it, but at higher levels you were allowed to bring it down, for example with your arm going over. But it was still a challenge because of the angle it created - you still had to get your entire body over somehow so it was up to the individual to utilize their own strengths to get over. If you didn't know how to do a good cartwheel, you learned.

Back to topic; the internet and other issues facing parents raising their kids today has had a huge affect. For example, when I was a kid I would be outside playing with the other kids until just after dark. My parents had little worries about how far I went as well. These days, if you get your kids outside, (away from the internet) you want to keep a close eye on them.

So it comes down to parenting - in this day and age you have to get your kids involved in more organized things such as sports, hiking & camping, etc., to get them moving their bodies.

For some parents it can be very challenging depending upon income, location, extended family support etc. Working so many hours, multiple jobs - you have to work it out to find a way.
    Last edited by Bill Ryan; 27th May 2023 at 12:51. Reason: fixed broken YouTube video

16. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Patient For This Post:

Bill Ryan (12th December 2021), Brigantia (12th December 2021), Denise/Dizi (12th December 2021), holcaul (12th December 2021), Mashika (12th December 2021), Mike (12th December 2021), pabranno (12th December 2021), Pam (12th December 2021), Reinhard (12th December 2021)

17. Link to Post #9
    On Sabbatical
    Language
    None
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Patient (here)

Thank you Bill.

I think.

Basically this

There were other variations (of course). One I remember was getting over a single elastic. Up to waist height you had to completely clear it, but at higher levels you were allowed to bring it down, for example with your arm going over. But it was still a challenge because of the angle it created - you still had to get your entire body over somehow so it was up to the individual to utilize their own strengths to get over. If you didn't know how to do a good cartwheel, you learned.

Back to topic; the internet and other issues facing parents raising their kids today has had a huge affect. For example, when I was a kid I would be outside playing with the other kids until just after dark. My parents had little worries about how far I went as well. These days, if you get your kids outside, (away from the internet) you want to keep a close eye on them.

So it comes down to parenting - in this day and age you have to get your kids involved in more organized things such as sports, hiking & camping, etc., to get them moving their bodies.

For some parents it can be very challenging depending upon income, location, extended family support etc. Working so many hours, multiple jobs - you have to work it out to find a way.
    Priorities are part of it, you can either leave your kids at home and let them do whatever they want all day since you are out, and it's easy to think "they go to school and get educated" and then feel at ease, or you can say "after school they need to work hard on something else"

And meanwhile in Russia, kids hobbies are like

And that's not an AK-47, that's an AK-74m Like standard issued rifle for Russian military, she's playing with the real thing there, and she's like 12, see? That's why ads are different these days. How hardened the person is who received the message?
    Last edited by Bill Ryan; 27th May 2023 at 12:51. Reason: fixed broken YouTube video
    Tired

18. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Mashika For This Post:

Bill Ryan (12th December 2021), Brigantia (12th December 2021), Denise/Dizi (12th December 2021), holcaul (12th December 2021), Mike (12th December 2021), pabranno (12th December 2021), Pam (12th December 2021), Reinhard (12th December 2021)

19. Link to Post #10
    On Sabbatical
    Language
    None
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Patient (here)

For me a big important question is "Are they hard enough to join the military, or are they expecting to become hard, once they have joined?" That's where a military strength comes from

Are you, or you do want to be?

When i was growing up, there was a very hateful bullying way around that question, something like being asked hard "Are you going to cry? Are you going to cry?" in front of everyone else, so would you cry after that? Imagine that lol, so no, you are not going to cry, no matter what. Your two moms are not there, or anyone else, stand up and face reality on your own, face it all at once, let it hit you in the face directly

Also the other person across the river shooting non stop at you doesn't care how many moms you have, or who you are at all. It's hard like that. If you die there, in whatever way, all that stuff you lived before, doesn't matter. The only thing keeping you alive is your training, not how many moms you have, or how many activist marches you attended, or what school you went to

As bullets keep ringing and making nice ricochet sounds around you when hitting rocks, you could not care less about anything but yourself
    Last edited by Mashika; 12th December 2021 at 03:32.
    Tired

20. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Mashika For This Post:

Bill Ryan (12th December 2021), Brigantia (12th December 2021), Denise/Dizi (12th December 2021), Mike (12th December 2021), pabranno (12th December 2021), Pam (12th December 2021), Reinhard (12th December 2021), wondering (12th December 2021)

21. Link to Post #11
    United States Avalon Member Mike's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 50,497 times in 5,708 posts

Currently in the US, when you fall down you're taught to stay down, weep uncontrollably, find someone to sue, then go on CNN or MSNBC to blame white people.

These weirdos won't quit till half our army is so called "trans". I'm trying to imagine the looks of Russian or Chinese invaders when our American soldiers throw their hands up in the air and say "Come on, you wouldn't shoot a woman would you?"

Even riddled with bullets and on their last breath, our soldiers will be reaching for their phones to tweet something about the lack of diversity in the Chinese army.

It might actually be funny if it weren't so probable. All this sh!t tells me that this agenda started at the top of the pyramid. We're talking about the military here! It's absolutely astounding. What's even more astounding is how this stuff is continually poo-pah'd by people who still think it's just a bunch of green haired kids being creatively rebellious at university or something. Nope, it's top down social engineering designed to destroy the United States.
    Last edited by Mike; 12th December 2021 at 04:13.

22. The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to Mike For This Post:

Alecs (12th December 2021), Bill Ryan (12th December 2021), Brigantia (12th December 2021), DeDukshyn (12th December 2021), holcaul (12th December 2021), Mark (Star Mariner) (12th December 2021), Mashika (12th December 2021), Nenuphar (14th December 2021), pabranno (12th December 2021), palehorse (12th December 2021), Pam (12th December 2021), Patient (12th December 2021), Reinhard (12th December 2021), wondering (12th December 2021), XelNaga (12th December 2021), yelik (12th December 2021)

23. Link to Post #12
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Mike (here)
    Currently in the US, when you fall down you're taught to stay down, weep uncontrollably, find someone to sue, then go on CNN or MSNBC to blame white people.

These weirdos won't quit till half our army is so called "trans". I'm trying to imagine the looks of Russian or Chinese invaders when our American soldiers throw their hands up in the air and say "Come on, you wouldn't shoot a woman would you?"

Even riddled with bullets and on their last breath, our soldiers will be reaching for their phones to tweet something about the lack of diversity in the Chinese army.

It might actually be funny if it weren't so probable. All this sh!t tells me that this agenda started at the top of the pyramid. We're talking about the military here! It's absolutely astounding. What's even more astounding is how this stuff is continually poo-pah'd by people who still think it's just a bunch of green haired kids being creatively rebellious at university or something. Nope, it's top down social engineering designed to destroy the United States.
    Totaly agree!!

24. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to holcaul For This Post:

Bill Ryan (12th December 2021), Brigantia (12th December 2021), Mashika (12th December 2021), Mike (12th December 2021), pabranno (12th December 2021), Pam (12th December 2021), wondering (12th December 2021)

25. Link to Post #13
    UK Avalon Member
    Thanks

Society reflects military. In China, I read they are purposely pushing the strong male archetype, two children, military training in schools ... diametric to the USA. All to enfeeble the West. Done by design, to what end, unfortunately we may find out soon.

26. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to jimbobule For This Post:

Bill Ryan (12th December 2021), Brigantia (12th December 2021), Mashika (12th December 2021), wondering (12th December 2021)

27. Link to Post #14
    United States Unsubscribed
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,955 times in 1,944 posts

I wouldn’t read too much into military commercials. Bottom line, which military still rules the seven seas, and has like 900 bases in 70 different countries?

A major reason the general public here in the States is unconcerned about such an aggressive US foreign policy of full spectrum dominance, is because of ever ongoing, inward aimed psychological operations telling us how weak and vulnerable we are to all of these outside meanies, and the only way to keep the hounds at bay is to be out there getting them, before they come here.

It’s utter nonsense, an invasion of the US would be a suicide mission, but what a great ploy to mask what it really takes to maintain an empire.

28. Link to Post #15
    Thanks
    Thanked 459,377 times in 32,916 posts

• China: We value impersonal total commitment to the giant military machine.
    • Russia: We value individual qualities of strength, focus and determination.
    • USA: ???

29. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Bill Ryan For This Post:

Alecs (12th December 2021), Brigantia (12th December 2021), Brodie75 (12th December 2021), DeDukshyn (13th December 2021), Mashika (12th December 2021), pabranno (12th December 2021), Pam (12th December 2021), wondering (12th December 2021), XelNaga (12th December 2021), Yoda (12th December 2021)

30. Link to Post #16
    United States Avalon Member pabranno's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,750 times in 320 posts

Notice the emphasis on many missles, bombs etc firing and all the destruction in the Chinese video? Alarming and seriously aggressive. No words for the US vid. This is scary stuff indeed.

31. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to pabranno For This Post:

Bill Ryan (12th December 2021), Brigantia (12th December 2021), happyuk (13th December 2021), Mashika (12th December 2021), Pam (12th December 2021)

32. Link to Post #17
    Thanks
    Thanked 27,694 times in 3,333 posts

Thank you Bill.

I think.

Basically this

This reminds me of a story an 80ish year old man told me in the park awhile back. He stated he contacted the local high school offering to pay a couple kids to do some physical labor on his property. Moving some stuff and a bit of digging. He says he got a couple of members of the football team that agreed to come out and work for the afternoon. After a short while of working they approached the older man and asked if he had something like computer work he needed done as they really didn't want to do the physical work outside.
    Last edited by Bill Ryan; 27th May 2023 at 12:52.

33. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Pam For This Post:

Bill Ryan (12th December 2021), Brigantia (12th December 2021), Mashika (12th December 2021)

34. Link to Post #18
    Thanks
    Thanked 27,694 times in 3,333 posts

Quote Posted by Mike (here)

You forgot one part. You need to share your misfortune and the injustice you suffered on social media, otherwise a very accurate account of the reality in the US for so many.

35. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Pam For This Post:

Bill Ryan (12th December 2021), Brigantia (12th December 2021), Mashika (12th December 2021), Mike (12th December 2021)

36. Link to Post #19
    Great Britain Avalon Member
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,648 times in 1,188 posts

Don't make me open up the tech box - you'll lose

37. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to yelik For This Post:

Bill Ryan (13th December 2021), Mashika (12th December 2021)

38. Link to Post #20
    Wales Avalon Member
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,242 times in 942 posts

Quote Posted by pabranno (here)
    Notice the emphasis on many missles, bombs etc firing and all the destruction in the Chinese video? Alarming and seriously aggressive. No words for the US vid. This is scary stuff indeed.
    This cartoon seem deliberately trite and effete.

Do you think the USA may be applying at least in part some of Sun Tzu's Art of War philosophy to "Appear weak when you are strong, and strong when you are weak".

For all it's well-publicized ongoing problems I would still not bet against the USA.

39. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to happyuk For This Post:

Bill Ryan (13th December 2021), Brigantia (13th December 2021)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast