+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Pineal gland function/disfunction

1. Link to Post #1
    United States Avalon Member
    Thanks

Default Pineal gland function/disfunction

My understanding of the operation of the pineal gland is that it secretes melatonin at night and seratonin during the day. It is also supposed to connect us with the spiritual world. However, my gland appears to be dysfunctional. After a lifetime of searching for answers my speculation is that, rather than calcification due to a poor diet, it was probably caused by eight years of monthly allergy shots when I was a teenager. Efforts to meditate and listen to the multitudes of binaural audio recordings on u-tube do nothing for me. This most important gland does not work for me. Thoughts?

2. The Following 20 Users Say Thank You to kenj70 For This Post:

9ideon (14th December 2021), Ankle Biter (13th December 2021), avid (13th December 2021), Bill Ryan (13th December 2021), ByTheNorthernSea (14th December 2021), Dorjezigzag (14th December 2021), ExomatrixTV (13th December 2021), Harmony (13th December 2021), haroldsails (13th December 2021), Inversion (14th December 2021), Ioneo (13th December 2021), modini (13th December 2021), O Donna (15th December 2021), palehorse (14th December 2021), Pam (13th December 2021), pueblo (13th December 2021), thepainterdoug (13th December 2021), TomKat (16th December 2021), wondering (13th December 2021), Yetti (27th December 2021)

3. Link to Post #2
    United States Avalon Member thepainterdoug's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 33,162 times in 3,159 posts

Default Re: Pineal gland function/disfunction

how would one know it does or doesnt function as it should? it can't be measured like blood pressure or a pulse.

how do you know?

4. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to thepainterdoug For This Post:

Ankle Biter (13th December 2021), avid (13th December 2021), Bill Ryan (13th December 2021), East Sun (14th December 2021), ExomatrixTV (13th December 2021), Harmony (13th December 2021), haroldsails (13th December 2021), O Donna (15th December 2021), Pam (13th December 2021), pueblo (13th December 2021), yelik (14th December 2021), Yetti (27th December 2021)

5. Link to Post #3
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,945 times in 1,689 posts

Doug: What have you heard that the gland is supposed to do? My only knowledge of it is that if you concentrate your attention to that area in the center of the head, you can actually feel it, something like tightening a muscle. If you continue, a frequency begins to happen, felt rather than heard. My attention turns to mental contact with God, a smile, peace, relinquishing of the world and its tensions, etc., etc. Using this you may generate peace flowing out of you to all the world.

I once attended a meeting of people with the Head Jain of India. He opened with a meditation. I could feel this sweet peace flood my whole body. He was powerful; and so we all are I believe. We can reach the whole world of beings, animal, vegetable and human using it. Love to you and all.

6. The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to amor For This Post:

Ankle Biter (13th December 2021), avid (13th December 2021), Becky13 (15th December 2021), Bill Ryan (13th December 2021), Harmony (13th December 2021), haroldsails (13th December 2021), Inversion (14th December 2021), Ioneo (13th December 2021), Mark (16th December 2021), modini (13th December 2021), O Donna (15th December 2021), Pam (13th December 2021), pueblo (13th December 2021), thepainterdoug (13th December 2021), wondering (13th December 2021)

7. Link to Post #4
    Thanks
    Thanked 18,235 times in 2,174 posts

Quote Posted by kenj70 (here)
    My understanding of the operation of the pineal gland is that it secretes melatonin at night and seratonin during the day. It is also supposed to connect us with the spiritual world. However, my gland appears to be dysfunctional. After a lifetime of searching for answers my speculation is that, rather than calcification due to a poor diet, it was probably caused by eight years of monthly allergy shots when I was a teenager. Efforts to meditate and listen to the multitudes of binaural audio recordings on u-tube do nothing for me. This most important gland does not work for me. Thoughts?
    Maybe try asking your Higher Self/Spirit to help heal your Pineal Gland? Ask for a deeper connection to Spirit.

There is I believe, much help available to us at this time and in this place, provided we really show that we want that help and ask for it sincerely.

8. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to pueblo For This Post:

Ankle Biter (13th December 2021), Becky13 (15th December 2021), Bill Ryan (13th December 2021), Chip (15th December 2021), Harmony (13th December 2021), haroldsails (13th December 2021), O Donna (15th December 2021), Pam (13th December 2021), thepainterdoug (13th December 2021), wondering (13th December 2021)

9. Link to Post #5
    Australia Avalon Member Ankle Biter's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,662 times in 368 posts

I feel my pineal gland to be better functioning when my circadian rhythm is dialed in and getting good REM sleep. Plus meditation daily, good food (least amount of processing as possible), filtered water and a friend recommended tulsi tea which I've started drinking too.
    To the mind that is still, the whole universe surrenders. -Lao Tzu

I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer.

10. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Ankle Biter For This Post:

avid (13th December 2021), Becky13 (15th December 2021), Bill Ryan (13th December 2021), Harmony (13th December 2021), haroldsails (13th December 2021), Inversion (14th December 2021), O Donna (15th December 2021), Pam (13th December 2021), thepainterdoug (13th December 2021), wondering (13th December 2021)

11. Link to Post #6
    United States Avalon Member thepainterdoug's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 33,162 times in 3,159 posts

Hi Amor/ hope you are well. Yes, I agree with your summation, and you are describing, in my mind, more of intent, spiritual activation and focus.

kenj70 made mention of a more physical aspect of its functioning regarding production of melatonin and serotonin serotonin The question is can those substances be added to improve the pineal gland for better activation? I dont know.
    Kenj70

12. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to thepainterdoug For This Post:

Ankle Biter (13th December 2021), Becky13 (15th December 2021), Bill Ryan (13th December 2021), Harmony (13th December 2021), haroldsails (13th December 2021), Inversion (14th December 2021), O Donna (15th December 2021), palehorse (14th December 2021), wondering (13th December 2021)

13. Link to Post #7
    Thanks

Thank you for your replies. My original post was intended to be concise and could use some expansion. I am in my early 70s and have been searching for answers for the last 40 years. Nutrition and supplementation have been employed since the beginning, so I don't think that is an explanation. All my life I have had difficulty getting to sleep at a reasonable hour and mornings I am sluggish until I have at least one cup of coffee. I have seldom wakened with an exuberance for doing things. I am not depressed. My body has never given me the ability to excel in daily activities.

According to various Internet sources melatonin regulates sleep cycles via circadian rhythm and serotonin stabilizes your mood as well as feelings of happiness and well-being. That functionality seems to have been poor for me all of my life. I can start on melatonin and it works for a few days but soon I require more and more. Beyond 10 mg I wake up with a "hangover" of sorts. It then takes several cups of strong coffee in the morning to snap me out of it.

I was "born again" a Christian nearly 50 years ago but I have never been able to hear God's voice. Jesus said, "My sheep hear my voice" John 10:27 yet that has never worked for me. I have researched these problems for many years and recently discovered that some sources say the pineal gland is central to these functions - the so-called third eye. I have also read stories that some religious leaders have taken the current jab and have lost their intimate connection with God. Since I took allergy shots as a teenager I suspect that might have seriously impaired the function of my pineal gland. It just doesn't seem to work well at all.

There are no tests for pineal function AFAIK. And conventional medicine only describes "normal" function, therefore I suspect impairment/dysfunction. I hope this provides clarity in what I am looking for. Thank you.

14. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to kenj70 For This Post:

Becky13 (15th December 2021), East Sun (16th December 2021), Harmony (14th December 2021), Inversion (14th December 2021), Mark (16th December 2021), O Donna (15th December 2021), palehorse (14th December 2021), thepainterdoug (14th December 2021)

15. Link to Post #8
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,413 times in 1,572 posts

Hello kenj, as far as I can say, there is some basic exercises that anyone can do in order to train focus, attention, awareness, etc.. one of these exercises I learned many years ago in the jungles of Brazil, and later in Thailand when I was learning to meditate, the same exercise in very different places, it basically consist of focus your attention between 2 objects, the objects can be anything just as a reference to not lose focus and watch that carefully for as long as you can, take notes if you want to compare with others or other sessions you may do.
    How I know it works?
    You will have a sensation, mostly it is heat, feel like heat in the head, it also may show up as brightness, like everything becomes more colorful, it is all about dominate your state of concentration/focus on objects and expand from there once you have enough domain.

In the jungle I used to focus using my finger right in front of the eyes and targeting an object in the background which can be anything, a plant, a person, an animal.. and keep focus on that object as much as you can, clean your mind when doing the exercise.

In the Buddhist meditation, I focused on my own breath and consequently at an imaginary white point in my mind or with half open eyes looking at the tip of your nose which lead to the same effect.

You have to break through in order to see/feel it and you need to put some effort in the beginning, specially if nothing is happening. You have to let it go, no fear.

Sorry, I forgot to mention that in Brazil I made use of dimethyltryptamine (aka DMT) from plants found in the amazon jungle, some sort of tea. Psychedelic plants can be a facilitator sometimes, it was for me, nowadays I do not need any sort of plants or drugs to bring awareness of what we really are.

tip: find the correct exercise that works for you, even if you have to try many, go for, it is the only way. practice.
    Last edited by palehorse; 14th December 2021 at 07:04.
    --
    A chaos to the sense, a Kosmos to the reason.

16. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to palehorse For This Post:

amor (14th December 2021), Ankle Biter (15th December 2021), Becky13 (15th December 2021), Harmony (14th December 2021), Johan (Keyholder) (14th December 2021), Libico (23rd December 2021), O Donna (15th December 2021), tessfreq (16th December 2021), thepainterdoug (14th December 2021)

17. Link to Post #9
    Netherlands Avalon Member
    Language
    Dutch
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,294 times in 1,173 posts

Take some weed (It'll help, but can be done without) and goto the frequency thingies video. I would recommend a vid with all the frequencies, you will find the ones you prefer after a while.

So, lay down, hands on chest, crossed. Focus on the sound. I would play it out on YT on the TV at first. One can also do it with headphones, just make sure you can still hear afterwards, hehehehe.

The Pineal Gland expands into a couple of directions, most people will feel a pressure between the eyes after a while (make sure the eyes are closed but relaxed too, do not tighten the lids), this is only an expansion into one direction. If you are able to find a way to make this work for you, you will start to feel pressure on side and top of head, like a crown. When you have accomplished this, the Gland will have experienced full expansion (takes some time to get there, 2-3 Months for me). Why does the Gland react with frequencies? They all work that way, the Pineal Gland has crystal fragments in it, they will start vibrating with the right frequency. There's more to it, but start with the basics. That full expansion hurts like a MoFo after a while (yes, I did and had, lol) btw.

Try this one or a similar one.

Good luck.

18. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to 9ideon For This Post:

Ankle Biter (15th December 2021), Becky13 (15th December 2021), Harmony (14th December 2021), Inversion (14th December 2021), O Donna (15th December 2021), palehorse (14th December 2021), Pam (23rd December 2021), thepainterdoug (14th December 2021)

19. Link to Post #10
    Great Britain Avalon Member
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,647 times in 1,188 posts

20. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to yelik For This Post:

amor (15th December 2021), Ankle Biter (15th December 2021), avid (14th December 2021), Harmony (16th December 2021), Inversion (14th December 2021), O Donna (15th December 2021), palehorse (15th December 2021)

21. Link to Post #11
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,082 times in 817 posts

Hi Kenj70. you wrote that

Quote All my life I have had difficulty getting to sleep at a reasonable hour and mornings I am sluggish until I have at least one cup of coffee.
    You may want to have a look at this thread.

https://projectavalon.net/forum4/sho...-I-quit-coffee
    “One does not become enlightened by imagining figures of light, but by making the darkness conscious. The latter procedure, however, is disagreeable and therefore not popular.” (Carl Jung)

22. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Dorjezigzag For This Post:

Ankle Biter (15th December 2021), Harmony (16th December 2021), O Donna (15th December 2021), palehorse (15th December 2021)

23. Link to Post #12
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,945 times in 1,689 posts

Thank you for the channels on which to find the frequencies which I will try to listen to when I have more time. The beginning ones I have heard are a great many octaves lower than what I hear in my head, which is far above the end of the keyboard. When I concentrate on contact activation, it is more an activation of the Heart than the intellectual function of the brain or eyes. I want to reach the area beyond the fiction or illusion of our material world. I have tried and succeeded in a small way, in an extremity to control the elements. For instance, when working outside on a building repair project, it decides to rain cats and dogs. I go inside and concentrate on blue, clear, skies and have found that it works, also with calming rough seas. It takes time, but it works. I have learned never to try anything like this when I am in an agony of anger, lest it work and hurt another. The bible tells us that we have been given Dominion over the (physical) world. This may be the reason for the mess we are in, because we are unaware of our power and how to control it.

About "hearing the voice of God," I believe this reference in the Bible may be a mistranslation of meaning in that Jesus meant Understanding the meaning and doing the instructions of Jesus. However, not including the voices sent to us by microwave telepathy, instructions for good come to us mentally in many ways including via audio telepathy and simply mentally knowing.

I have heard/felt the voice of my dead mother and her foster sister, both very distinctive and not as forceful as a microwave audio projection. I believe I know the difference. However, I am aware of the work of DARPA and their mind-reading power using video technology and their fancy tricks used to spy on us and control us. We have UFO's above us which are manned by kind-hearted beings as well as the opposite kind. Thank God for the former.

24. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to amor For This Post:

Ankle Biter (15th December 2021), Becky13 (16th December 2021), Harmony (16th December 2021), O Donna (15th December 2021), palehorse (15th December 2021)

25. Link to Post #13
    Thanks

@palehorse
    I have never been good at meditation - my mind gets bored and jumps to more interesting things! Heat - in your head? I can't even imagine such a thing. Your process is rather unclear to me. I'm glad it works for you though. The DMT is intriguing but not legally available.

@Mad Scientist
    You recommend videos with the Solfeggio frequencies. I have read on the Solfeggio frequencies and trust Dr Leonard Horowitz. So, how long should I do this? All the videos I have seen including the one you recommend have kaleidoscope images. Why? Is this a form of hypnosis? It occurs to me the binaural beats is a form of brain training. Does it takes many sessions and hours of listening to make a difference? At my age it is unlikely I will try "weed." I did send off for some L-Tryptophan though since it is supposed to be a precursor to serotonin.

@yelik
    Nice tone generator! Thanks.

@Dorjezigzag
    Hmmmm.... makes you think. That was an excellent thread. Trouble is, I tried quitting coffee a year or two ago but was so useless I went back. I need about four to five cups of coffee throughout my day to feel more normal. It's a life long energy problem that no physician has been able to diagnose or fix.

@amor
    I like the Biblical concept of Dominion. You claim some mastery on the subject which I find extraordinary - and personally unattainable.

Strong's Greek 191: To hear, listen, comprehend by hearing; pass: is heard, reported. A primary verb; to hear.

Seems straight forward to me. I follow a number of present day prophets and know they are hearing and speaking the words of the Lord. Most Christians don't hear as clearly as they do. I don't seem to hear at all and have been forced to rely on my sanctified intuition. At least that does work.

I am speculating that for most people the pineal gland works fairly well enough but if a comprehensive survey were taken there would be a noticeable scale going from full function to near failure. And with no measurable metrics a person only has his own experience to draw on to decide what is "normal" function. <Sigh>
    Last edited by kenj70; 15th December 2021 at 05:10. Reason: Had to address everyone!

26. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to kenj70 For This Post:

Ankle Biter (15th December 2021), Harmony (16th December 2021), O Donna (15th December 2021), palehorse (15th December 2021)

27. Link to Post #14
    Australia Avalon Member Ankle Biter's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,662 times in 368 posts

@palehorse
    I have never been good at meditation - my mind gets bored and jumps to more interesting things! Heat - in your head? I can't even imagine such a thing. Your process is rather unclear to me. I'm glad it works for you though. The DMT is intriguing but not legally available.
    That's very much to be expected with the practice of anything at the beginning stages. When I first began meditation, it went very much the same way as you describe.

What helped me was to understand that I was too focused on immediately experiencing or engaging in an exercise at a similar level to those I was trying to learn it from. So instead my new approach was just to achieve incremental gains.. if I got my mind to settle down and be free from chatter for 20 seconds then good. Next time I aimed to marginally improve on that and it was a long slow climb... A useful bit of guidance for me came from Eckhart Tolle's Power of Now book, particularly this part, which I think the essence of it is captured in this small video clip.. I feel it is an awareness and exercise quite easy to do and something to build on as well as integrate the importance of breathing into the practice.

I can't comment too much on what impairment might have been caused from allergy shots for you but there was a time that I felt like I broke my pineal gland with abusing pain relief meds. It was hard work to reclaim what I felt was proper functionality of my pineal among other stuff and sorry to say it was not something with a quick fix..cannot overstate how important it was for me to get on a clean diet, exercise, good sleep and good meditation before things got better again... but it was very much worthwhile.. I give much thanks to a lot of what I've learned from the good people here on Project Avalon so in a sense by coming here and searching for new ideas & knowledge you've already taken forward steps and are on your way.
    To the mind that is still, the whole universe surrenders. -Lao Tzu

I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer.

28. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Ankle Biter For This Post:

Becky13 (16th December 2021), Harmony (16th December 2021), O Donna (15th December 2021), palehorse (15th December 2021)

29. Link to Post #15
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,413 times in 1,572 posts

@palehorse
    You do not need to be good at anything you just have try some exercises, but if you like it, the practice will shape and it will become natural, you master it, then you are in control. I have been doing apnea for the last 30 years of my life or maybe more, I started out of necessity when learning to surf, I realized that if I was going to be surfing some rough waves, I would need to train my lung muscle to be able to inhale more air, and that was what I did, I trained in the sea and in the swimming pool, and still training and I can't tell you how many times it was useful to me to have apnea, when at young age I was able to inhale and hold the air for an average of 3 minutes, after training constantly I increased that to 4 minutes and few seconds and that was enough for me, one friend was able to hold for about 6 minutes, and professional surfers goes far beyond that. It is all about training. No pain no gain as they say.

but back on topic

When I said heat, I meant the sensation that arises with the awareness or concentration one puts in the process of observing things, it is not a fever or anything to do with physical body, it is only a sensation I have, it may be different for others. All living being has what some call "aura" it is an energetic field or electromagnetic field, we can interact with this field and see and feel the heat or see the brightness it has. Again experience may differ from one individual to another.

The DMT I used was Ayahuasca, I don't think it is available anywhere outside the jungle, but as I said no need for that, it just facilitate the process a bit.

The process I took first was shamanism and later buddhism, they have some similarities when it goes down to contemplation and mediation.

Today I have one little protocol of mine based on what I had learned all these years, I will describe it shortly it includes exercises and meditation:

Physical Exercises (outdoor)
    - I run every odd days, run anything from 6km to 14km depending on the weather (here is very hot all year round).
    - I swim about 1 and half hour 2 days per week 1 day in the ocean 1 day in the swimming pool.
    - I do anything between 70 and 100 pushups every day in the morning.
    - I want to add a bicycle in the process now every even days and maybe push to a little triathlon training in the future.
    - I hike 3 or 4 days a week to be in contact with nature.

All these things help me to keep focus/attention, I won't deny that some days I feel very lazy and tired, sometimes I get injuries and it take time to heal, but if I am physically well I go anyway and start warming a bit, then giving a little push and another one and so on, when I realize I am doing what I was supposed to do and it works, our brain like to play tricks on us, we have to ignore that and keep focus, another important observation, our body has memory, when you are very active it begs for more activity, the same goes the other way around, if we do not exercise, the body begs to not do so (I had experienced both things).

Meditation/Contemplation
    - walking meditation, anyone can do it slowing walking, it does not require a large space, can be done inside home or outdoors, one can coordinate the breath with the small steps, long breath in and move one foot, breath out and move the other foot, can increase or decrease the speed are wished. (great exercise).
    - laying down meditation (before fall sleep), I use elements of Anapanasati Bhavana using long/short breath to control the physical body, once the control is stabeleshed samadhi (concentration) arises, with that awareness we promptly know we act in accordance with the laws of nature, observe your breath, your heart, they are involuntarily functioning in accordance with natural laws, you can't be distracted of such a thing, life is the most wonderful thing that exist.
    - sitting meditation is the hard one on your legs and back at least when you are new to the practice, I do sometimes, but I prefer walking meditation, because it feels more dynamic than only sitting on your ass (no need to say I dislike sitting meditation practice).

In the end it is up to us try or not to try, but if we do, we sure will have rewards, the pineal gland vibrate with all sort of exercises and experience our physical bodies goes through, the whole thing boils down to what we are and what we do is what will affect the pineal gland, no need special drugs, need practice.

A handbook that helped me a lot is called "Anapanasati Bhavana Meditation" written by Buddhadasa Bhikkhu (Deceased Thai monk, one of a kind that opposed secularism and always taught that spiritual development should come first, before anything else).
    --
    A chaos to the sense, a Kosmos to the reason.

30. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to palehorse For This Post:

Ankle Biter (15th December 2021), Dorjezigzag (24th December 2021), Harmony (16th December 2021), O Donna (15th December 2021)

31. Link to Post #16
    Netherlands Avalon Member
    Language
    Dutch
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,294 times in 1,173 posts

@Mad Scientist
    You recommend videos with the Solfeggio frequencies. I have read on the Solfeggio frequencies and trust Dr Leonard Horowitz. So, how long should I do this? All the videos I have seen including the one you recommend have kaleidoscope images. Why? Is this a form of hypnosis? It occurs to me the binaural beats is a form of brain training. Does it takes many sessions and hours of listening to make a difference? At my age it is unlikely I will try "weed." I did send off for some L-Tryptophan though since it is supposed to be a precursor to serotonin.
    It's all bout the frequencies, or sound, lie on your back, eyes closed, arms crossed on chest. personally I never watch the screen, it will distract you in various ways and ways (different) per person. So no, do not bother with the screen. One could put the vid on the phone and listen through the headphones, but.... this can be disastrous on the ears, so you need to pinpoint that (tune it so you do not go deaf, differs per person).

I cannot put a time frame on it though, but you will notice if you are still able, it is up to you to sale it safely. Warning though, when you do commence this journey, you will be deceived on it, no one realizes that the line is cut/cut into (like a military field phone line), one can cut into it and create havoc (fecking you up mentally by showing what you think is true, how they get you or they just listen, there's no connection to Source, anyone claiming this, well, they're being deceived. Also, one needs to change toothpaste, no more fluoride. personally I use the Lavera brand, they have both so make sure you read the etiquette well.

Don't worry bout the Weed, although one is never too " old", eatables would do it for you, dose it upwards, never downwards. If you feel off, make sure you have a can of Coke handy (yes, bad crap, but it's the sugar you need) in order to elevate the sugar level in the brain, this will take away the sick feeling People get (Drugs lower the sugar levels in the brain, it can make you feel sick, this bypasses that).

Best of Luck.

:-)

32. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to 9ideon For This Post:

Harmony (16th December 2021), palehorse (16th December 2021), tessfreq (16th December 2021)

33. Link to Post #17
    Great Britain Avalon Member
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,647 times in 1,188 posts

This is my main daily meditation routine.

PULLING DOWN EXCERCISE - DEFINITON

The pulling down exercise is an ancient method for moving a tremendous amount of subtle energy into and through the body using only the mind. This healing energy is needed for life. It will heal most health conditions and can extend the life of the body. It also causes Development, the main goal of the development program.

The basic procedure is just to put your attention at or below your feet and move energy straight downward from the head to the feet – or from Heaven to earth, as stated in the Biblical Lord’s Prayer. Do not speak words when you do the pulling down exercise. Words interfere with the pure movement of energy downwards.

Everyone who wants to develop quickly needs to do the procedure daily - thousands of times. Without it, development occurs very slowly.

The procedure is quite simple, but is not taught much on earth so most people are not aware of it. The Rogues do not want it taught because it greatly improves health and longevity.

https://www.drlwilson.com/articles/meditation.htm

Audio MP3 of Pulling Down Excercise
    https://www.drlwilson.com/LISTEN/PUSHING%20DOWN%201.mp3

34. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to yelik For This Post:

Ankle Biter (20th December 2021), Harmony (18th December 2021), palehorse (16th December 2021)

35. Link to Post #18
    Thanks

@Ankle Biter
    Sorry, I don't "witness" to Eckhart Tolle. I appreciate the fact that you tried to address my problem.

@palehorse
    "The process I took first was shamanism and later buddhism, they have some similarities when it goes down to contemplation and mediation."

Hmmmm. Not exactly a resource recommended for Christians. OTOH, how come the Christians never address the pineal gland problem? They seem to be totally unaware that there can be a problem - and then people have to go to non Christian sources to find answers!

@Mad Scientist
    "Warning though, when you do commence this journey, you will be deceived on it, no one realizes that the line is cut/cut into (like a military field phone line), one can cut into it and create havoc (fecking you up mentally by showing what you think is true, how they get you or they just listen, there's no connection to Source, anyone claiming this, well, they're being deceived."

What?! That sounds sketchy to me. Some of the Solffegio videos have warnings posted on them saying they are very powerful and you must be careful using them. And, every one I tried had a kaleidoscope pattern! Why? Can we get full disclosure on what they are trying to do? The few I tried didn't seem to do anything for me.

@yelik
    From the Dr Wilson web page, "HOW IT WORKS You are learning to move subtle energy with your mind. With practice, you will feel the energy move from your head to your feet and beyond."

Sorry. Sounds like occult practices to me. Some of these advisors even suggest summoning Kundalini powers. Do you know that Kundalini is demonic?

Well, I haven't received my L-Tryptophan yet. It is supposed to be a precursor to serotonin. I will let you know if it is any help.

I know a good night's sleep would be good for me but currently I cannot always catch the circadian rhythm because of a poor functioning pineal gland.

At 6:30 this evening I felt sleepy but if I give in to that and nap it will really mess up my normal sleeping hours. So, I had a half cup of coffee. I have said in the past that if had gotten my body from Sears, Roebuck I would have taken it back for a replacement years ago! IT DOES NOT WORK PROPERLY and it hasn't for 40 years. The doctors I have seen over the last 40 years have no clue.

Nice try everyone. The Project Avalon Forum is a rare and special resource.

36. The Following User Says Thank You to kenj70 For This Post:

Ankle Biter (23rd December 2021)

37. Link to Post #19
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,984 times in 463 posts

I had a session with the Lucia light machine today,which was developed by 2 Austrian doctors. It involves shining light on the closed eyes which the brain (pineal gland) translates as an incredible spectrum of colours and patterns. It was absolutely amazing. Think DMT (but you are sober so the experience is much more focused and powerful) or the star gate at the end of 2001: a space odyssey. 5 sessions are recommended to get the full benefit of the treatment for the pineal. You may be able to find a practitioner close to you. Here is an account of a woman's experience with the light machine in NYC. (This woman is highly stressed and her stress level does colour her experience with the Lucia)

https://www.papermag.com/i-tested-th...427570098.html

I Tested the $50 Light Treatment That Makes You Trip Balls
    by Stephanie Georgopulos
    15 May 2015

Ever since witnessing a bad mushroom trip at 14, I've had one drug rule: no psychedelics when I'm in a bad emotional place. It's a good rule in theory -- responsible, even -- but in practice I'm 1000% more unhinged after taking mental inventory of myself. It's a Virgo thing, or an anxiety thing, or an "Am I Too Old For Drugs" thing. I have to wonder if people in good emotional places even bother with this level of masochistic self-assessment, or drugs in general.

I asked myself this question as I made my way to the Aspire Center for Health and Wellness in NYC. A month ago I'd received an email from the center, subject line: Get High without Drugs (& Unlock Creativity). Click bait for ex-stoners. Click click click. Inside was an announcement that the Lucia No. 03 Hypnogogic Light Machine was coming to town for two days. The light's website told me it "allows an immersion into your own inner consciousness; a place of unimaginable peace and beauty."

Except, on the day of my appointment, my inner consciousness was a pile of hot garbage. In recent months, my anxiety has become so pronounced that I can no longer pretend it's a trendy version of stress. My jaw is perma-clenched; I'm ever aware of my heart rate; my stomach acid sends stabs of pain up the left side of my body. If I had scheduled an actual drug trip, I would've called out sick. As I rode the subway, I wondered if the light would induce the heart attack my anxiety tells me is lurking in my future. Would an EMT volunteer have to wheel me out of the Aspire Center for Health and Wellness on a gurney?

File under: Toxic drug thoughts.

There are two women in the waiting room. One has wet hair and takes a selfie with an iPad. The other is Allison. She's a US distributor for the Lucia light, petite with a broad smile and long hippy hair. Her Good Vibe Game is so strong that I take some of my anxiety and give it to her to hold.

She hands me the iPad so I can sign an e-waiver. It warns that I might experience the following during the half-hour session: fluttering of the eyes; the feeling of transcending my body; seeing visions and symbols; and in the case of undiagnosed epilepsy, a seizure. The form also asks what I hope to gain from this experience. I check the "creative inspiration," "spiritual experience," and "out of body experience" boxes. I gloss over "relaxation," because never.

I'm taking my iPad selfie when the wet-head girl speaks. "I'm going next, right? Because I've been waiting here..." Allison explains that my appointment is next; hers is after mine. "So I have to wait even longer? I've already been waiting an hour!," Wet-head says. Allison reminds her she didn't actually book an appointment, that they're squeezing her in. Wet-head sucks her teeth. I wonder if she knows there are rules to tripping, that she needs to be cool or risk emotional annihilation. My chill is quickly escaping.

Allison pulls me out of the room and the aggro spell is broken. Allison reminds me of high school and puka shells. I want to build a time machine with her.

She asks me what music I'd like to listen to during the light experience. I know it has to be slow -- too fast and my heart will explode. She plays some meditative music for me and I ask her to play Grimes, instead. I want Visions but Allison puts on Halfaxa by mistake and I don't want to make a fuss. We're waiting in the hallway while the guy before me wraps up. He is recapping every detail with Allison's assistant, his voice soaked in awe. "Man, that was incredible... is it really over? I can't believe it's over. Dude... when I asked you to turn up the visuals... my mind is blown, man." I picture him in jersey shorts and a t-shirt, maybe a visor, a post-frat bod. When he emerges, though, he is slight, wearing office attire and Ira Glass glasses. He scuttles past me and down the stairs, back into his own bleak reality.

I'm seated in a small room in front of what looks like a spotlight. Allison tells me we'll do a light trip for two minutes and then check-in. Then we'll do a medium trip for three minutes and check-in. The remainder of the 30-minute trip will depend on how I react to the trial runs.

According to inventors Dr. Engleburt Winkler and Dr. Dirk Proeckl (those are their real names), the Lucia Light "is a high-tech instrument that, due to its light rhythms, can initiate electrical activities in the brain which lead to a reorientation in the functional network of neurons." Lucia Light sends white light through the "traveler's" retina, toward the pineal gland (a.k.a. the Third Eye). "If the gland is brought back to its optimum state of health," the doctors posit, "the brain is in a better position to activate a range of healing powers, whether they be physical, spiritual, or both."

The truth is, no one has researched the mystic properties of the pineal gland to the extent that they've studied its medical properties. The other truth is, once that light turned on in front of my closed eyelids, I began to experience a three-drug bender for the price of one. ($50, in this case.)

Here are the three highs I experienced:

Phase 1, Molly: The music rolls on, the lights throb, and my eyelids flicker. Hard. If you've ever taken a touch too much Molly, you'll recall the almost-enjoyable eye spasms that come with. But I'm not on Molly. I'm sober, and I'm having a hard time dissolving into the moment. Instead I sit erect, trapped inside the light, trying to manage the uncontrollable fluttering of my eyelids. I clutched a cup of water in my hands, the water my security blanket. My heart was quaking. The visuals were subtle, like when you think there's a stranger sitting at the foot of your bed but it's actually just a shadow.

Phase 2, Shrooms: The visuals are constant and strong. I've got control of my breathing now. The keyed-up anxiety I felt during Phase 1 has dissipated. Now I'm slumped down in my chair, sitting like a propped-up potato. I laugh as Fantasia-like dancing knives spin around on a tiny spice rack in front of a maroon backdrop.

Phase 3, Weed: This phase began once the show was over. The music turns off, the light still bright but not flickering. It takes me a full minute to understand it's over. Allison and her assistant wear knowing smiles when I open my eyes, ask me how I liked it. I become aware that we were all in the same room watching two different scenes unfold: I saw bursts of color and shape and movement, they saw me tweaking out, moving through various stages of tension and relaxation. I begin to share my experience, gesticulating and forgetting the cup of water in my hands, which splashes onto the floor. We all giggle. Outside, my lungs feel wide open thanks to the deep breathing I did during Phase 2. My jaw is soft. My heartburn is undetectable. For the first time in a long time, I'm relaxed.

The feeling stays with me on the commute home. I contemplate meditation -- is that how people relax without drugs or hypnogogic lights? I might have to try it, or try harder than I have. (Later that week, Allison will tell me over email that NYC will soon have a permanent Lucia Light, so maybe I'll stick with that.) When the train arrives at my stop, I walk to El Loco Burrito and place an order of nachos for my phantom munchies. Everything in its right place.

Stephanie Georgopulos is the author of Some Things I Did for Money. Follow her on Twitter.
    Last edited by leavesoftrees; 18th December 2021 at 10:58.

38. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to leavesoftrees For This Post:

Ankle Biter (23rd December 2021), haroldsails (23rd December 2021), yelik (18th December 2021)

39. Link to Post #20
    Thanks

@leaveoftrees
    Thanks for info on the Lucia light machine. It is intriguing. I went to their website and found a practitioner 90 minutes away from me. The sessions are now 75 dollars or a five session package for 55 dollars each. They claim that just one of the benefits is pineal gland activation. This is doable but all I have to do is decide if the time and money investment is worth it. My conservative nature still asks, "Isn't there an easier, cheaper, DIY way to achieve the same goal?"

Meanwhile, I started taking ever increasing dosses of L-Tryptophan to see if I can increase serotonin and melatonin.

Sunday, Dec 19th - evening. Took one 500 mg capsule an hour before bedtime according to the instructions on the bottle. = no effect

Monday, Dec 20th. Took one capsule morning, midday and evening = no effect

Tuesday, Dec 21st. Took two capsules morning, midday and evening = no effect

Wednesday, Dec 22nd. Took two capsules morning, midday. This evening I will continue this routine and add one more capsule each day, three times a day, until the bottle of 60 is empty. I will update my progress here for each day.

The Internet literature says there is an unwanted problem from producing too much serotonin but, so far, there is no danger of that happening to me. So far it appears as though my pineal gland is for the most part dead!

I wish everyone reading this a very merry Christmas. Please remember the reason for the season!

Blessings,

40. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to kenj70 For This Post:

Ankle Biter (23rd December 2021), haroldsails (23rd December 2021), leavesoftrees (23rd December 2021)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast