1. Link to Post #1
    United States Moderator Sue (Ayt)'s Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,530 times in 2,552 posts

Default Coercion through Big Stores

I just watched this video below:

And I also have a very odd (maybe very silly) observation to report that has been bothering me lately.

I have a friend who used to be quite anti-big stores (like Walmart), feeling they had co-opted all the mom and pop’s out of existence. She used to avoid shopping at them.

Well, lately, she has astounded me with how she has changed her tune. It is like she has become almost obsessed with shopping at Walmart. It has been the weirdest thing to see!
    I took a ride with her to Walmart like a month ago, and she came out with over $200 of groceries and a few other items. (This is not characteristic of her normal, frugal ways either.) Plus - She was exclaiming about how much she loves Walmart, and how they always have everything she needs.
    And then, the very next day, she asked me if I wanted to take another ride with her to Walmart.
    Since then, she seems to go to Walmart almost daily, even though it’s about 20 minutes from her, and there are closer grocery stores.

And then, visiting her along with another mutual friend, the two of them started almost raving about how much they both love Walmart!
    Like - “Isn’t it the best store ever?”
    “Oh yes - I just love going there!”
    “Me too! It is great how they have everything we need, all the time!”
    “And their prices are so great, too!”
    "And all the people there are so nice."

This conversation just went on and on while I sat there with my jaw hanging. It was almost like these two friends were possessed! This is NOT like how they used to feel. They rarely even shopped there, that I know of, trying to support small biz and local stores previously, and avoiding merchandise from China where possible. Totally out of character to the point that I have actually been wondering about some kind of psychotronic thing happening in the store!

Ridiculous of me - yeah, most likely.
    But both these friends were vaxxed.
    "We're all bozos on this bus"

2. The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to Sue (Ayt) For This Post:

Bill Ryan (15th December 2021), Brigantia (15th December 2021), Ewan (15th December 2021), Gwin Ru (20th December 2021), Harmony (16th December 2021), Ioneo (16th December 2021), Johan (Keyholder) (16th December 2021), Kryztian (15th December 2021), meeradas (16th December 2021), Michel Leclerc (15th December 2021), Pam (16th December 2021), Sadieblue (16th December 2021), Sunray (16th December 2021), Vicus (16th December 2021), wondering (15th December 2021)

3. Link to Post #2
    Belgium Avalon Member
    Language
    Dutch, French
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,206 times in 747 posts

Default Re: Coercion through Big Stores

I have stopped watching the video. I got vertigo from this otherwise sympathique fellow (with whom I would love to do a beard shake) talking to me with both hands off the steering wheel while he has a supposedly unjabbed (and unbelted?) child on the back seat. I know Tesla cars can do a lot of "advanced" things, but.. a homesteader with a Tesla?

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Michel Leclerc For This Post:

Brigantia (15th December 2021), Harmony (16th December 2021), Johan (Keyholder) (16th December 2021), wondering (16th December 2021)

+ Reply to Thread