+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Declassified documents show how US lied to Russia about NATO in 1990s

1. Link to Post #1
    On Sabbatical
    Language
    None
    Thanks
    Thanked 27,830 times in 3,335 posts

Default Declassified documents show how US lied to Russia about NATO in 1990s

"If you go too far into the east, eventually you reach the west"

https://www.rt.com/russia/544396-dec...s-us-nato-lie/
    Quote disproving the idea that Western leaders had assured Moscow the bloc wouldn’t encroach on its borders has become an obsession for think tanks and lobby groups. For example, UK policy institute Chatham House brands the suggestion that any pledge was made not to enlarge the controversial military bloc one of the key “myths and misconceptions in the debate on Russia,” while NATO’s own website likewise claims it is wholly manufactured.

Significant evidence to the contrary has long-been easily accessible, but now the National Security Archive has published a tranche of never-before-seen, highly revealing documents detailing how then-Russian President Boris Yeltsin was consistently manipulated by his US counterpart Bill Clinton on the question during the mid-1990s, while bold, false promises of a “strategic partnership” of the countries faded into nothingness.

After all that, in the end, the US government fail to see that Yeltsin had a last minute change of heart and imposed Putin as president to revert the damage, it took 2 decades to rebuild and restart any progress. And that's how we are in this situation right now
    Last edited by Mashika; 26th December 2021 at 06:23.
    Tired

2. The Following 18 Users Say Thank You to Mashika For This Post:

9ideon (27th December 2021), Agape (27th December 2021), amor (28th December 2021), Bill Ryan (26th December 2021), Brigantia (28th December 2021), Dumpster Diver (26th December 2021), Ewan (26th December 2021), ExomatrixTV (26th December 2021), Franny (26th December 2021), Hym (26th December 2021), Ioneo (26th December 2021), Jambo (26th December 2021), Kryztian (27th December 2021), O Donna (26th December 2021), Sunny-side-up (26th December 2021), toppy (26th December 2021), Vicus (26th December 2021), Violet3 (26th December 2021)

3. Link to Post #2
    Netherlands Avalon Member ExomatrixTV's Avatar
    Language
    English, Dutch, German, Limburgs
    Thanks
    Thanked 127,215 times in 21,086 posts

Angry Re: Declassified documents show how US lied to Russia about NATO in 1990s

"Neo-Cons" are not real Conservatives but Globalists (CFR, WEF, Bilderberg, Davos, Technocrats) and Trump never was nor is a "Neo-con" but an opportunistic populist much closer respecting & defendig constitutional rights.

I was raised in a classic Liberal family and friends network for over 25 years ... so I can see when"Neo-Liberalism" hijacking the original Liberals ... the list is long ... maybe I should write about that?

cheers,
    John

source
    Last edited by ExomatrixTV; 26th December 2021 at 19:08.
    No need to follow anyone, only consider broadening (y)our horizon of possibilities ...

4. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to ExomatrixTV For This Post:

amor (28th December 2021), Bill Ryan (26th December 2021), Brigantia (28th December 2021), Franny (26th December 2021), Hym (26th December 2021), Ioneo (26th December 2021), Mashika (26th December 2021), modini (28th December 2021), O Donna (26th December 2021), Sunny-side-up (26th December 2021)

5. Link to Post #3
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,159 times in 1,663 posts

Default Re: Declassified documents show how US lied to Russia about NATO in 1990s

Quote Posted by Malisa (here)
    If I may ....

6. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to O Donna For This Post:

Agape (27th December 2021), amor (28th December 2021), Bill Ryan (26th December 2021), Brigantia (28th December 2021), Chip (26th December 2021), Hym (26th December 2021), Kryztian (27th December 2021), Mashika (27th December 2021), Strat (28th December 2021), Sunny-side-up (26th December 2021)

7. Link to Post #4
    Netherlands Avalon Member ExomatrixTV's Avatar
    Language
    English, Dutch, German, Limburgs
    Thanks
    Thanked 127,215 times in 21,086 posts

Default Re: Declassified documents show how US lied to Russia about NATO in 1990s

Quote Posted by O Donna (here)
    If I may ....

• Inside famous Russian Dolls:

source
    No need to follow anyone, only consider broadening (y)our horizon of possibilities ...

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ExomatrixTV For This Post:

Bill Ryan (28th December 2021), Mashika (27th December 2021), O Donna (27th December 2021)

9. Link to Post #5
    Thanks
    Thanked 21,123 times in 3,951 posts

Malisa
    Quote "If you go too far into the east, eventually you reach the west"
    Nice

If you go too far into the West, do you eventually reach the East ?
    I'm a simple easy going guy that is very upset/sad with the worlds hidden controllers!
    We need LEADERS who bat from the HEART!
    Rise up above them Dark evil doers, not within anger but with LOVE

10. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Sunny-side-up For This Post:

Bill Ryan (28th December 2021), Brigantia (28th December 2021), ExomatrixTV (26th December 2021), Hym (26th December 2021), Kryztian (27th December 2021), Mashika (27th December 2021), O Donna (27th December 2021)

11. Link to Post #6
    On Sabbatical
    Language
    None
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Sunny-side-up (here)
    Malisa
    Quote "If you go too far into the east, eventually you reach the west"
    Nice

If you go too far into the West, do you eventually reach the East ?
    Apparently so I wish the person who i learned that quote from were still around :D

¤=[Post Update]=¤

Quote Posted by ExomatrixTV (here)
    "Neo-Cons" are not real Conservatives but Globalists (CFR, WEF, Bilderberg, Davos, Technocrats) and Trump never was nor is a "Neo-con" but an opportunistic populist much closer respecting & defendig constitutional rights.

I was raised in a classic Liberal family and friends network for over 25 years ... so I can see when"Neo-Liberalism" hijacking the original Liberals ... the list is long ... maybe I should write about that?

cheers,
    John

source
    Yes, please
    Tired

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Mashika For This Post:

Bill Ryan (28th December 2021), Brigantia (28th December 2021), Sunny-side-up (28th December 2021)

13. Link to Post #7
    Thanks
    Thanked 25,361 times in 4,613 posts

We have heard back then that NATO offered almost immediate “membership plan” to Russia at that point which ever transition would take maximally 5-10 years to accomplish.
    The question was obviously not put up in public discussion, media or some kind of public census as people got used those today but was briefly discussed through diplomatic channels.
    The idea behind the offer was to get done with the “war” at once and offer everyone big deal of comfort and working together.

I think that NATO has tried to approach your leaders even repeatedly in the next few years and for reasons known to them ( power game to continue and securing their national identity) they’ve firmly declined upon which such offers could not be made.

Personally ( no matter how stupid do I sound to you) I thought it was great idea that would forever terminate the conflict.

🌸

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Agape For This Post:

Bill Ryan (28th December 2021), Brigantia (28th December 2021), Mashika (28th December 2021)

15. Link to Post #8
    Netherlands Avalon Member
    Language
    Dutch
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,303 times in 1,173 posts

Quote Posted by Agape (here)
    We have heard back then that NATO offered almost immediate “membership plan” to Russia at that point which ever transition would take maximally 5-10 years to accomplish.
    The question was obviously not put up in public discussion, media or some kind of public census as people got used those today but was briefly discussed through diplomatic channels.
    The idea behind the offer was to get done with the “war” at once and offer everyone big deal of comfort and working together.

I think that NATO has tried to approach your leaders even repeatedly in the next few years and for reasons known to them ( power game to continue and securing their national identity) they’ve firmly declined upon which such offers could not be made.

Personally ( no matter how stupid do I sound to you) I thought it was great idea that would forever terminate the conflict.

🌸
    It was a ploy to destroy the great state of Russia, they still at it. As I mentioned before, Snowden took that proof with him and gave it to Putin.

After they (Soros obviously is involved) would have gotten a foothold into Russia they would have started with the internal conflicts, carving Russia even up more (take the CCCP as baseline) and thus easier to control. All this under the umbrella of freedom.

Another note (and yes, I know this to be truth), Nato would have lost a war to the Warschau Pact (in Europe), we knew this all the way up to the fall of that same pact. Another fact, we still would loose today..

16. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to 9ideon For This Post:

Bill Ryan (28th December 2021), Brigantia (28th December 2021), Mashika (28th December 2021), Spiral (27th December 2021)

17. Link to Post #9
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Mad Scientist (here)

🌸
    It was a ploy to destroy the great state of Russia, they still at it. As I mentioned before, Snowden took that proof with him and gave it to Putin.

After they (Soros obviously is involved) would have gotten a foothold into Russia they would have started with the internal conflicts, carving Russia even up more (take the CCCP as baseline) and thus easier to control. All this under the umbrella of freedom.

Another note (and yes, I know this to be truth), Nato would have lost a war to the Warschau Pact (in Europe), we knew this all the way up to the fall of that same pact. Another fact, we still would loose today..

Well , you are talking war, I’m talking peace.

No matter what perspectives are we engaged in ,
    my baseline has always been reinstall peace,
    end these mad conflicts, stop the suffering, no one is interested.

Tho: I’ve been beaten to be proven wrong and the rest of you were proven right.

I will continue to hope for peace on Earth regardless. As Narendra Modi , the PM of India advised right at the start of the Covid epidemic,
    “Where there is Life there is Hope”.

And as Tibetan saying goes,”If there is a Will, there is a Way”.

Peace quite like health is a state of balance difficult to define because we always evolve, we can’t be stopped and prevented from doing so thus change is inevitable to every type of society.
    Unlike today’s conspiracy theorists believe,

I also believe that evil can be eradicated from society if we try and stop giving it a way and I do believe we all could be as happy as people of Bhutan because I’ve seen it works.

There could be many islands and human groups and their living options instead of monopoly game and war fields, military pacts, allies, enemies and frenemies if ..

if ..if..we were somewhat smarter I guess.

May all Beings Be Happy

🙏🌟🙏

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Agape For This Post:

Bill Ryan (28th December 2021), Mashika (28th December 2021)

19. Link to Post #10
    On Sabbatical
    Language
    None
    Thanks

🌸
    I never heard of that "membership plan". If it was the one as offered to Ukraine then i suppose that's why it wasn't taken. Just look at them, they eat scraps, beg for money and in general, from being the third power in the world have turned into a desperate country without any means to give a good life to their citizens, at all! I would have not taken it either, if i was in power back then. It's suicide. They are being used and mistreated badly, their pride taken, they have no means to achieve their dreams, those were taken by fake promises. Russia didn't take it, they (Ukraine) did, see the results.

After the USSR disolved, there were 3 main nuclear powers in the world. US, Russia and Ukraine. Fake/false promises took Ukraine down to a level equal and now even lesser than North Korea, they have ended up begging for hand outs every year, both from Russia and the US. How lamentable that is, a once top power in the world, lead to ask for money and aid? And their citizens being subjected to the most lamentable things and experiences? Where does peace come in all of that? We need to start looking at this with their own eyes, they are suffering, they are mistreated and they were lied to, they had their dreams taken and the floor swept away from them at once. There is no peace when someone keeps hitting you in the face with promises that will stop once you do what they demand from you

It's not a matter of "maybe" It's there in front of whoever wants to see it right now. And they did not deserve it, they believed, they were betrayed, and here we are now

I have 2 uncles who were in the Russian military, they were General level and retired now. They never said anything about such offer, but they did say a lot of other things i keep to myself only. None of them included any kind act on the western pact, on the contrary, it was invasive and full of traps. It was all a fakery and mockery, some realised it, some didn't, we see the results now

We can talk all we want about peace, it won't take the hunger and misery out of the Ukrainian people, neither will return their pride and health, both physical and spiritual. It's like handing a sandwich to someone while at the same time spitting on their face and drink, and then laugh while also giving them that drink and a dollar bill. That's how Ukrainian people are being treated.

It's not acceptable
    Last edited by Mashika; 28th December 2021 at 10:04.
    Tired

20. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Mashika For This Post:

Agape (28th December 2021), Bill Ryan (28th December 2021), Brigantia (28th December 2021)

21. Link to Post #11
    On Sabbatical
    Language
    None
    Thanks

https://www.rt.com/russia/544492-ann...chnya-kadyrov/
    Quote Ukraine should be annexed by Moscow if the country’s president, Vladimir Zelensky, does not change course from his anti-Russian policy, Chechen leader Ramzan Kadyrov said on Sunday.

Speaking at his annual end-of-year press conference, Kadyrov offered his view that Ukrainians are also Russian people. Chechnya, which he has led since 2007, is a republic of Russia in the country’s south, bordering Georgia.

Ukraine reveals change to military service for women
    Read more Ukraine reveals change to military service for women
    Look at that, it's ridiculous, do people of Ukraine want that? No they don't, they were happy on their own, as they should, and they should return to be without being used the way they are

Why is this happening? at all in the first place? Because of that stuff you mentioned about 'an offer of peace'. We are not blind or dumb, this is reality and that fake peace offer is killing people, thousands and thousands. So where's the peace?

Quote I also believe that evil can be eradicated from society if we try and stop giving it a way and I do believe we all could be as happy as people of Bhutan because I’ve seen it works.
    Have you been on a small village that suddenly at 2 am morning starts getting shelled and houses blow up once shells hit the gas line? Have you seen that people who were at peace sleeping nicely suddenly get blown up all over the place in their sleep out of nowhere, by their own government? They definitely had a peaceful death, while on their sleep. That's about it, because for those who survived, they had to pick their parent/sisters/brothers/cousins pieces out of the floor and burry them before picking up a gun and go fight their own government so that the crazy acts would stop.

Thats how we have the "invaders and separatists trying to deflect from Ukraine in 2014". And that's real life, no word or chant or good wish will come if the people get killed overnight in their own homes. Because "The best moment to attack is at night, so that it causes the most trauma and fear"

"Make them fear the last hours of the day, because they know that once night comes, death will come with the moon"
    Tired

22. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Mashika For This Post:

Agape (28th December 2021), Bill Ryan (28th December 2021), Brigantia (28th December 2021)

23. Link to Post #12
    On Sabbatical
    Language
    None
    Thanks

Nothing more special than seeing the sun going down and getting a terrible dark feeling in you, that says "night is coming, and they will start killing us as soon as the sun goes away". And then you try to hide in the forest while the shells start coming in, destroying the houses and causing fires that last for a day until the house is gone forever. Then the snipers come to take care of the remaining people alive

17 thousand people dead by now Agape, 17 thousand since 2014. Most of them, around 11 thousand were civilians killed by the Ukrainian army armed and lead by the coup government that took over Ukraine in 2014. Did you know? Is there justice for them? Is it on the news, was it ever?

That's how it is out there, day by day until this moment. What, if anything, will change this?
    Last edited by Mashika; 28th December 2021 at 10:50.
    Tired

24. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Mashika For This Post:

9ideon (28th December 2021), Agape (28th December 2021), Bill Ryan (28th December 2021), Brigantia (28th December 2021)

25. Link to Post #13
    Thanks

Yes no doubts it’s very bad there in Ukraine for long now. So many things transpired even in Europe through last two or three decades.
    There was this terrible war in Serbia and Croatia and genocide in Sarajevo ,
    not too far from all of us. You may say there has always been some war going on in certain areas, historically, they seem to be in geomagnetic hot zones.

Same goes for the Middle East, think of 60 C hot summers and wild men riding their horses in the desert .

Same for the numberless tribes inhabiting those vast lands of Caucasus,
    the force - some of the unrefined wild force - is locked and hidden
    in all of them.
    Without education, forced to manual and slave labour for generations no matter what’s their intelligence, the force raves and rages within seeking revenge on the merciless emperors and dictators of humanity for whose pride and failure countless wars were fought and lives were sacrificed in vain.

Seen too much sufferings in front of my bare eyes in this life to doubt “what’s for real” and seen the situation personally from several sides of the globe through last 5-6 years ,
    seen how the power has downgraded, dispersed , customs and cultures wracked and hacked to bits, digital or otherwise , taking human minds along ,

and my sight too has darkened in prediction what all may fall on our heads and what is to come yet.

I better keep most of my thoughts and words till I see things clearly
    this time is not lost

but it’s not the end of day for humanity,
    a twilight zone we are passing through,

🌟💫

Last edited by Agape; 28th December 2021 at 11:37.

26. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Agape For This Post:

27. Link to Post #14
    Netherlands Avalon Member
    Language
    Dutch
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,303 times in 1,173 posts

I have 2 uncles who were in the Russian military, they were General level and retired now. They never said anything about such offer, but they did say a lot of other things i keep to myself only. None of them included any kind act on the western pact, on the contrary, it was invasive and full of traps. It was all a fakery and mockery, some realised it, some didn't, we see the results now
    It was offered (not directly) as a roadmap towards membership, if mem serves , Russia just didn't see themselves becoming some Americanized flunky, like most Nato countries have become since ' 45. Despite those feelings, NATO and Russia kept working together while in the meantime the US was planning in breaking the most importance promise, not subjecting Eastern European Countries, while at the same time they (US) were surrounding Russia (mostly in former Sowjet countries like Kazachstan & Kyrgyzstan) with Military bases. Russia kept their word for a little over 20 years before it got sick of the Nato lies. Awakening that Bear which is growling around its lair for some time now, just not angry enough yet to take real action (yet, yet, yet).

Obviously NATO is run through the same puppets as other govts under the control of this so called NWO, as a matter of fact, it is common strategy amongst these People to make promises and break them after they get what they need from you, this happens micro/macro all over the Globe.

It is not a surprise that Russia has tied themselves to China, Iran, North Korea and some smaller countries, for the very simple fact that the West isn't the good guy either. We truly need a Global change.
    Last edited by 9ideon; 28th December 2021 at 12:08.

28. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 9ideon For This Post:

29. Link to Post #15
    On Sabbatical
    Language
    None
    Thanks

Yes no doubts it’s very bad there in Ukraine for long now. So many things transpired even in Europe through last two or three decades.
    There was this terrible war in Serbia and Croatia and genocide in Sarajevo ,
    not too far from all of us. You may say there has always been some war going on in certain areas, historically, they seem to be in geomagnetic hot zones.

Same goes for the Middle East, think of 60 C hot summers and wild men riding their horses in the desert .

Same for the numberless tribes inhabiting those vast lands of Caucasus,
    the force - some of the unrefined wild force - is locked and hidden
    in all of them.
    Without education, forced to manual and slave labour for generations no matter what’s their intelligence, the force raves and rages within seeking revenge on the merciless emperors and dictators of humanity for whose pride and failure countless wars were fought and lives were sacrificed in vain.

Seen too much sufferings in front of my bare eyes in this life to doubt “what’s for real” and seen the situation personally from several sides of the globe through last 5-6 years ,
    seen how the power has downgraded, dispersed , customs and cultures wracked and hacked to bits, digital or otherwise , taking human minds along ,

and my sight too has darkened in prediction what all may fall on our heads and what is to come yet.

I better keep most of my thoughts and words till I see things clearly
    this time is not lost

but it’s not the end of day for humanity,
    a twilight zone we are passing through,

🌟💫

What are we going to do Agape? How are we going to stop this madness? Who's going to tell the kids that since all adults are gone, they have to care for themselves and make sure they don't get killed as their parents did?

Should have classes for them to teach them how to survive on their own? Take them away? Teach them how to use guns? How to hunt for food? What should we do?

Or maybe we should take them all away at once and far away from their home towns, so they have a second chance? What about the elders? Who is going to go there and tell them their homes are lost and they will have to give it up and run away from the home they were born?

Who is going to tell them anything at all? Kids in military uniforms? Little people in green uniforms?

Who, and how, will make sure this gets fixed?
    Last edited by Mashika; 28th December 2021 at 12:13.
    Tired

30. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mashika For This Post:

Agape (28th December 2021), Bill Ryan (28th December 2021)

31. Link to Post #16
    Thanks

It’s upon our generations , yours, mine, may be the next to fix it.

We are not short of vision of better future. Not short of education, great ideas or skills,

The world is like always, mostly run by 70 plus year olds. No offence meant to anyone’s age, maturity and wisdom but so many of those people are politically compromised and corrupted or simply stuck in one or another ancient paradigm.

As my mum said to my dad on the idea of constant job promotion “Even a small chief of tribe calls himself The Chief”.
    No matter the group, I see the idea of being “da boss” has proliferated to all social classes through modern marketing to presidents of nations.

Holding to ages old rituals of power, decorating the multi billion dollar halls and assembly buildings to hold endless and well suited parliamentarian debates deciding the fate of the less fortunate exempted from laws and taxes,

their wisdom in this word being so old we better don’t try to change it.

But more is coming through in this age of fast technical progress and transformation of values , it depends on us really- the young middle age generations to take hold of the situation and express their opinion clearly,
    with both philosophical depth and good attitude.

At some point, all of these “ancient patriarchs and matriarchs” will be gone and it will land upon us anyway.

Not just survival of few but a destiny of this civilisation.

When things get too tough of course there is no time left but to take care of your nearest so we should not lose the time to wait till it’s all gone awol.

Wake the power of the women , power of loving kindness, practical wisdom, compassion and humanity to protect children from technocrats and empty souls.
    They are more than willing to starve us to death, or suck our life out in one of their Matrix like factories for the absolute.
    If we are meant to survive, in Spirit, I believe we will because Life is powerful.

Children could run this place with their pure intelligence and talents if it was allowed, and may be one day, hundreds of years in future, they will.

Anyone above their “fatigued age” will be able to rest instead and enjoy their life instead of wasting their energy on work and trying to “teach” and torture others.

Someday the order will be reversed and the 13 year olds will take over the machines, and the governments with ease 😅

That’s before the 4 and 2 years old take over ..

Far to go for sure but we have to aim in that direction.

Not to fight the Powers but manifest ideas and new world of clear vision and intent that leaves them speechless and far behind.

🙏❤️🙏

32. The Following User Says Thank You to Agape For This Post:

Mashika (29th December 2021)

33. Link to Post #17
    Thanks
    Thanked 21,123 times in 3,951 posts

Why should Russia be any different to the rest lol.
    I'm a simple easy going guy that is very upset/sad with the worlds hidden controllers!
    We need LEADERS who bat from the HEART!
    Rise up above them Dark evil doers, not within anger but with LOVE

34. The Following User Says Thank You to Sunny-side-up For This Post:

Mashika (28th December 2021)

35. Link to Post #18
    On Sabbatical
    Language
    None
    Thanks

I want peace, but i also follow this to the letter:

“Unless you stand for what’s right you will lie in the ruins of what is left.”
    https://gpovanman.wordpress.com/2021...e-donbass-war/
    Quote The conflict in the Donbass is today Europe’s forgotten war, and to date no work in English has encompassed the situation from start to finish. This article has been written in an attempt to remedy this shortfall, giving the English-speaking reader an insight into the happenings in that area. Most of the available material on the matter has been written by western media outlets with a very strong bias towards Washington and against the East. This article has been penned in order that the reader may look objectively at the happenings, with certain subjects viewed from an eastern standpoint. Due to the complexity of the subject, this is a longer article, the factors leading up to the event as well as the consequences of the war being of paramount importance. The minutiae, above all those of ancient history have by and large been omitted, this being an overview rather than a blow-by-blow account of daily happenings. A report such as this is of immense complexity and the author would like to thank @Russ_Warrior @TamrikoT @arktinentuuli and @Faceplantt144 for their exhaustive assistance in the preparation of this work. The author is not a journalist by profession, yet feels that this story ought to be available to those who wished to learn more of the conflict.
    The pain and consequences of all happening there, are impossible to describe, you would have to be there to see it and understand. It is hidden away from the world. The victims of this, are voiceless and nameless. And that's probably the worst way to end up in this life, once you get everything taken from you

I could not even begin to explain how things are out there, and even if tried, most would not believe anyway

All of this is a result of actions described just here on the opening post, it just evolved from there until what we have now
    Tired

36. Link to Post #19
    On Sabbatical
    Language
    None
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Sunny-side-up (here)
    Why should Russia be any different to the rest lol.
    I don't understand in what sense you say this, but there is a giant difference across countries and cultures. Russia is different, that's a fact, not in a good or bad way when compared, it is just different. You would need to learn more about the actual people to identify how and why

I don't know how to explain it at all so i guess "it's just what it is"
    Tired

+ Reply to Thread