+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Being tired/wary of online discussions...

1. Link to Post #1
    Germany Avalon Member SoulValor's Avatar
    Language
    German
    Thanks

Default Being tired/wary of online discussions...

Hey everyone,
    I finally decided to join this forum. I've known about this place for a long time and found myself keep coming back here, reading around. ;-) I was an early listener/watcher of Project Camelot, back in the good old days when Bryan was still around.....When he moved on from there so did I.

I did join an occasional forum/group here or there to exchange and communicate with other like minded people but none of those ever lasted long, as a matter of fact it often entailed/ended up in negative experiences - disappointment in other members reactions or behaviours (including mods & admins) or the draining of energy via discussions of a pointless or parasitic nature. I've become very wary/aware of such things so you can imagine that my registration here was very hesitant. However, I do have a slight growing feeling that I should engage again in communicating with others. And this forum here has been very solid and reputable. So let's see where this leads to.

What I actually wanted to ask/write about though: A couple of years back and ever since then I've really hit a point where I was totally disillusioned and tired of online exchanges and discussions. Even with communities like this one (though none are exactly like Avalon but I'm sure you catch my drift)....I felt tired at the prospect of even starting to type. Even if the subject was of great interest to me or a favorite subject.....probably becaue I knew/felt that my answer would usually end up being longer than I would want it to be - thus also taking more time than I actually was initially willing to invest. Yeah, time is of a critical aspect here too. (I've been engaged in some other important projects for me)

It's kind of a dilemma for me and I'm wondering if others here have the same or have hit these points before too? If so, what did you make of it and what did you do about it to keep you going? And why did you feel it was important or a good thing to keep going?

-->
    - Being simply tired of online exchanges, even of the thought of typing (if so, why?)

- Being disillusioned by online exchanges, due to energy vampirism and all kinds of manipulations (have you even noticed?)

- Being unsatisfied by online exchanges because it misses the physical expressions (face and body), gestures, the tone and voice, the actual laughter or cries or whatever, etc

- Not having enough time for online exchanges (or the feeling that you don't)

To emphasize, I'm only referring this to esoteric/spiritual communities - places/stuff that you are really interested in yet you find yourself in those moments/phases....

p.s.: To be fair, I've found myself in that phase with ALL types of interactions lately. Not just online, also offline. More even offline of course as you usally don't meet like minded people there. But that's not the actual issue, the issue are the above listed points. I really have been living like a recluse for the past few years. Quarantine due to COVID? Naaaah, been already kinda doing that long before COVID. And Home Office is my world since 2003. :D (Gotta love self-employment)
    Sometimes I miss having a (physical) mate, but I've also been enjoying my peace and freedoms. Everything has its good and bad sides, I suppose....
    Last edited by SoulValor; 30th December 2021 at 16:44.

2. The Following 50 Users Say Thank You to SoulValor For This Post:

1212is24 (30th December 2021), Bill Ryan (30th December 2021), Blastolabs (31st December 2021), Chester (3rd January 2022), ClearWater (30th December 2021), Dennis Leahy (30th December 2021), DNA (31st December 2021), ExomatrixTV (30th December 2021), Gemma13 (30th December 2021), Gracy (30th December 2021), gs_powered (30th December 2021), Gwin Ru (30th December 2021), Harmony (30th December 2021), Heart to heart (30th December 2021), Hym (30th December 2021), Icare (30th December 2021), Inversion (30th December 2021), Ioneo (30th December 2021), iota (30th December 2021), Jad (30th December 2021), Johan (Keyholder) (1st January 2022), Kryztian (30th December 2021), Le Chat (30th December 2021), loungelizard (31st December 2021), Mari (30th December 2021), Merkaba360 (31st December 2021), Mike (30th December 2021), mojo (30th December 2021), mokosh (31st December 2021), norman (30th December 2021), O Donna (31st December 2021), Open Minded Dude (30th December 2021), palehorse (30th December 2021), Pam (31st December 2021), Peace in Oz (31st December 2021), Reinhard (30th December 2021), rgray222 (4th January 2022), ronny (30th December 2021), RunningDeer (30th December 2021), Sadieblue (30th December 2021), Satori (30th December 2021), selinam (30th December 2021), Snoweagle (30th December 2021), Spiral (30th December 2021), SpookyMulder (31st December 2021), Sue (Ayt) (30th December 2021), toppy (30th December 2021), ulli (3rd January 2022), Vangelo (30th December 2021), Wind (30th December 2021)

3. Link to Post #2
    Netherlands Avalon Member ExomatrixTV's Avatar
    Language
    English, Dutch, German, Limburgs
    Thanks
    Thanked 125,744 times in 20,828 posts

Lightbulb Re: Being tired/wary of online discussions...

Quote Posted by SoulValor (here)
    Being simply tired of online exchanges, even of the thought of typing (if so, why?)
    Big chance you are (like me) noticing that even in the "truther community" aka "suppressed news researchers" and/or "conspiracy analysts" even "spiritual minded people" have certain programmed (conditioned) behavior (often unknowingly) sometimes full of assumptions you do not have time to "correct" their assumptions as you were hoping some one else can correct you (as we all have our flaws) in a respectful way if need be. Constructive criticism on a higher level without using "name-callings" nor judgemental rhetoric.

In essence we can learn form everybody as long as we are aware we all can become victim of very sophisticated mind-games/propaganda techniques "normalcy bias", collectivism of all kinds, herd-mentality, group think mentality, "desire to fit in/ to belong" being abused or not ...

Finding true "agenda free" genuine authentic researchers is extremely rare but they DO exist ... who do not feel the need to impose things on others ... who can related to you but not necessarily have to agree with everything you claim and visa versa >>> not feeling bad about that!

But: if you feel pushed, narrowed down, misrepresented too many times, marginalized, belittled, falsely accused etc. etc. ... This is obvious a huge red flag ... Sometimes I rather have someone be 100% open & frank even blunt to me ... than "playing nice" but having all kinds of faulty perceptions buried inside "who I suppose to be".

You can sense when some one is super honest (including towards oneself) or not ... This is, in my view, key to see the light at the end of a dark tunnel ... But first you have to analyze how good is your own "sensing" of others .. it takes some effort to ask the right questions without assuming to have the answers of these questions. If you already have a per-conceived idea with anyone it can sometimes prevent you finding out what really is going on ... this insight will go for everybody.

I try to use my intuition with whom I am willing to spent more energy in to or not ... in the past I did not really care ... I saw myself as "a man with a mission" ... now I see myself as navigator or multiple (limited & unlimited) perceptions having overlappings with like-mined spirits ... Everything you put attention (energy) in to grows! ... good & bad and especially: >> frustrations << ... "constructive anger-management" is more and more needed nowadays ... for multiple reasons.

If you do not know your own emotional boundaries ... and people go over it ... it may be happening because you are already were over your own threshold / limit to begin with .... So many have not been taught how to show your boundaries that leads to people behaving very erratic. "everything must be perfect" or "not" ... Like a switch ... turning yourself "off" the moment you feel triggered to do so ... Thus missing so much in life.

Making (hard) choices or being passive (not making choices) can also be a reason why people have issues with others and themselves.

So in short >> self-knowledge & self-honesty << and taking space to express both to others is not always simple ... As you have to allow the other to have their space too ... but if you allow it for yourself without claiming "to know it all / or better" there is a bigger chance it will be mirrored back to you in the same way ... You have to lead by example ... How you treat others so you will be treated ... if not you did what you could and move on.

What helped me, is this statement: "you are not responsible for the quality of thinking/reasoning (behind the acting) of others" ... but you can inspire others to reevaluate their (self imposed limited) behavior ... as you hope to be inspired by other insightful people to do the same to you.

Anyway welcome to Project Avalon Family @SoulValor

cheers,
    John Kuhles aka 'ExomatrixTV'
    December 30th, 2021
    Last edited by ExomatrixTV; 30th December 2021 at 19:16.
    No need to follow anyone, only consider broadening (y)our horizon of possibilities ...

4. The Following 27 Users Say Thank You to ExomatrixTV For This Post:

1212is24 (30th December 2021), amor (31st December 2021), Bill Ryan (30th December 2021), Blastolabs (31st December 2021), Dennis Leahy (30th December 2021), gs_powered (30th December 2021), Harmony (30th December 2021), Hym (30th December 2021), Icare (30th December 2021), Inversion (30th December 2021), Kryztian (30th December 2021), Le Chat (30th December 2021), Mari (30th December 2021), mojo (30th December 2021), O Donna (31st December 2021), palehorse (30th December 2021), Pam (31st December 2021), Peace in Oz (31st December 2021), Reinhard (30th December 2021), ronny (30th December 2021), Snoweagle (4th January 2022), SoulValor (3rd January 2022), SpookyMulder (31st December 2021), Sue (Ayt) (30th December 2021), Tommy Roxx (3rd January 2022), ulli (3rd January 2022), Vangelo (30th December 2021)

5. Link to Post #3
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,648 times in 1,409 posts

Default Re: Being tired/wary of online discussions...

Hey everyone,
    I finally decided to join this forum. I've known about this place for a long time and found myself keep coming back here, reading around. ;-) I was an early listener/watcher of Project Camelot, back in the good old days when Bryan was still around.....When he moved on from there so did I.

-->
    - Being simply tired of online exchanges, even of the thought of typing (if so, why?)

- Being disillusioned by online exchanges, due to energy vampirism and all kinds of manipulations (have you even noticed?)

- Being unsatisfied by online exchanges because it misses the physical expressions (face and body), gestures, the tone and voice, the actual laughter or cries or whatever, etc

To emphasize, I'm only referring this to esoteric/spiritual communities - places/stuff that you are really interested in yet you find yourself in those moments/phases....
    Welcome & yes good points.

I started on Camelot too

I think that each online place has it's own "vibe" and mindset too to a degree, and after a while it's the same stuff going around and around and then it gets boring & it's time to move on or something forces the move, like when Disclose TV's forum closed.

Sometimes it just gets draining but it's become a habit reading & posting lol.

Some online formats aren't that attractive either, I don't really like discord or telegram and I don't think it's aesthetics, there is defo an "energy" that comes off the internet & like different venues in the real world, different places are attractive to different kinds of people.

I think they all have a psychic aspect regardless of the subjects discussed, just as all life does.

Plus things are getting worse out there, I've returned here after a long absence & deleted my FB page.... it's much better here.

Last edited by Spiral; 30th December 2021 at 18:13.

6. The Following 19 Users Say Thank You to Spiral For This Post:

Bill Ryan (30th December 2021), DNA (31st December 2021), ExomatrixTV (30th December 2021), Harmony (30th December 2021), Hym (30th December 2021), Icare (30th December 2021), Inversion (30th December 2021), Johan (Keyholder) (1st January 2022), Kryztian (30th December 2021), Mari (30th December 2021), mojo (30th December 2021), norman (30th December 2021), O Donna (31st December 2021), Pam (31st December 2021), Peace in Oz (31st December 2021), SoulValor (3rd January 2022), SpookyMulder (31st December 2021), ulli (3rd January 2022), Vangelo (30th December 2021)

7. Link to Post #4
    UK Avalon Member Heart to heart's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,251 times in 228 posts

Welcome SoulValour
    Avalon is quite a special forum where discussion is part of the day’s work.
    So many subjects are open to your daily perusal and we all appreciate what Bill is offering here.
    Like yourself I was a regular reader here of material that suited my understanding and some that did not, however more often than not someone posted something to catch my imagination, so like yourself I decided to join Avalon.
    It is a place to go to most days and your input will be welcome.
    Come with an open heart to meet with interesting minds.
    The world is in a state of madness and paranoia but here is a space of peace to share the valour of your Soul.❤️🌟🙏

8. The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to Heart to heart For This Post:

Bill Ryan (30th December 2021), DNA (31st December 2021), ExomatrixTV (30th December 2021), Harmony (30th December 2021), Inversion (30th December 2021), Johan (Keyholder) (1st January 2022), mojo (30th December 2021), O Donna (31st December 2021), Pam (31st December 2021), Peace in Oz (31st December 2021), SoulValor (3rd January 2022), Spiral (30th December 2021), SpookyMulder (31st December 2021), ulli (3rd January 2022), Vangelo (30th December 2021), wondering (30th December 2021)

9. Link to Post #5
    Ireland Avalon Member JackMcThorn's Avatar
    Language
    I talk american
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,456 times in 571 posts

-->

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I find I do more reading and watching as opposed to posting. Some people are on top of things so quickly and neatly that they command more of a following. I am drawn more to the scientific postings than the phenomenon postings. The thing is I would rather know the truth, than to believe in the truth.

Sometimes I think it is a factor of contribution. I am not really an online researcher, so I post less based on not wanting to be a contributor of unnecessary noise. There are millions of postings here and frankly some threads I have wasted time reading.

But it is the gems that keep me coming back --- and they are so worth it.

I was with a forum from about 2oo6 until it ended in 2o2o I think [it started in 1999], I wasn't there much at the end. The mods extended a lot of leeway in the participants and it got ugly on the regular. The bitterness far exceeded the gems partly because of the focus on politics and religion. There was basically a left / right melee daily. It was mostly men and a few women. The writers demonstrated an excellence in english communication; however, and this experience helps improve one's writing, which is part of the reason I stuck around for so long. I think she closed it down because it basically became an unmanageable eyesore.

tldr is a big deal for me. If I see a poster with pages of a message, I might not have the patience to get through the entire article. Same thing goes for videos over 3o minutes. I find myself wanting people to understand time and get to the point as quickly as possible. I don't think this is a foreign idea either, meaning I am not the only one who thinks this way.

They say there is thousands of years worth of reading available on the internet, those that command one's attention ought to do it quickly or render themselves irrelevant.

Avalon is a good place. It says it has something for everyone and I think that is true. Besides, it might be one of the nicest forums on the net. There is a lot of love here.
    Irishness is not primarily a question of birth or blood or language; it is the condition of being involved in the Irish situation, and usually of being mauled by it. ~ Conor C. O'Brien [1917-2oo8]

10. The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to JackMcThorn For This Post:

Bill Ryan (30th December 2021), DNA (31st December 2021), ExomatrixTV (30th December 2021), Harmony (30th December 2021), Heart to heart (30th December 2021), Hym (30th December 2021), Icare (30th December 2021), Johan (Keyholder) (1st January 2022), mojo (30th December 2021), O Donna (31st December 2021), Pam (31st December 2021), Peace in Oz (31st December 2021), SoulValor (3rd January 2022), Spiral (30th December 2021), ulli (3rd January 2022), Vangelo (30th December 2021)

11. Link to Post #6
    Language
    Mandarin
    Thanks

Welcome and hope you find what you look for here.
    what I want or what I am.

12. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to lizhekb For This Post:

Bill Ryan (30th December 2021), DNA (31st December 2021), ExomatrixTV (30th December 2021), Harmony (30th December 2021), Kryztian (30th December 2021), O Donna (31st December 2021), Pam (31st December 2021), Peace in Oz (31st December 2021), SoulValor (3rd January 2022)

13. Link to Post #7
    Australia Avalon Member
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Respect for fully showing who you are, off the bat. You didn't need to do that. Maybe in your mind, you did... I respect that mindset, if that is the case. You also could've made an account under a name like OrangeOveralls373 and interacted in a similar manner with people here, I guess? I don't know.

What I will say is this... One thing I've noticed about Germans -- no offence -- is that you guys like to measure things a lot. When you say it's about "time" when you write anything online, what is time? What if you were to write inside a private journal each day? Would you restrict each entry to a certain number of words, or a certain number of minutes of writing time? I'm not asking this to be silly either, I'm genuinely curious. I know a lot of people are meticulous about how they do things. If it works for them (or you), that's great. I am just saying... Such a rigid approach doesn't seem aligned with the 'universe' in many ways, if you catch my drift.

As Exomatrix articulated well above, you need to sense things for yourself in many of these situations. I once met a guy who had been 'catfished' online before I even know what the word meant. I laughed. I am sorry to say, but I found the whole story hilarious because I was totally ignorant that such things existed. I felt terrible when it was explained to me properly. But... you know... Real life is always better. Someone recently told me that they thought meeting someone online was safer than meeting someone in real life. Lol. Most people these days really are so brainwashed to think all kinds of nonsense, I find it hard to keep up with how many things I find ridiculous... But I will never sacrifice my own principles or standards. Nor should you.

I see how and why Germans are great at so many things... Structure. Respect for systems. It makes a lot of sense. Discipline is the key to success. No doubt about it. However, having such a rigid approach is bound to create problems. Maybe I am missing the mark here though.

For what it is worth, I think you seem like a decent person with your heart in the right place. I've got nothing but respect for you. Happy new year!

14. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to 1212is24 For This Post:

Bill Ryan (30th December 2021), DNA (31st December 2021), ExomatrixTV (30th December 2021), Harmony (30th December 2021), Heart to heart (30th December 2021), Johan (Keyholder) (1st January 2022), O Donna (31st December 2021), Pam (31st December 2021), Peace in Oz (31st December 2021), SoulValor (3rd January 2022), Spiral (30th December 2021), SpookyMulder (31st December 2021)

15. Link to Post #8
    Language
    Australian
    Thanks
    Thanked 17,554 times in 2,528 posts

Quote SoulValor:

- Not having enough time for online exchanges (or the feeling that you don't
    Great summary and I think many here will relate. Overcoming a nagging fear of time deprivation and "is it really worth it" are contributing factors imo; but operating in waves seems to be a consistent theme for sustainability. I'm really appreciative of those who do make the effort because there are so many times that reading a line here, or a post there, is tremendously rewarding to one's day.

Adjusting to cyber communications that lack all the lovely physical nuances you listed is really hard and I'm still struggling with it. But the rewards for sticking with it are worth it in the long run.

And as for the manipulations, f*ck 'em!
    Rise above 'em and don't sweat the small stuff is kinda my motto.

16. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Gemma13 For This Post:

Bill Ryan (30th December 2021), DNA (31st December 2021), ExomatrixTV (30th December 2021), Harmony (30th December 2021), Kryztian (30th December 2021), O Donna (31st December 2021), Pam (31st December 2021), Peace in Oz (31st December 2021), SoulValor (3rd January 2022), Spiral (30th December 2021), SpookyMulder (31st December 2021)

17. Link to Post #9
    Avalon Retired Member
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,124 times in 332 posts

I have been on many internet forums all over the world, started in the old days when there was a such thing called the BBS.
    I have shared information which is privy to the very few. Most of what I had written is pretty much non-existent today.
    It is true that it gets frustrating trying to reach people. I have accepted the fact, that it's like some system out there, attempting to block me from fully sharing.

In return, I just post and leave as it is, fully knowing that someday, my writings will disappear again.. like it had in the past.
    I had my share of negative responses from many. Some were extremely toxic towards of what I had written.

I wanted to tell a story about the ancients. I know so much about them.. but again, I am not really willing to write it up all over again because my words are just that.. words..
    cheap... as in 'talk is cheap'...
    it attracts certain attention to this subject as well.

I keep going... only this time I am providing facts and evidence. People are more inclined to respect that aspect instead of being negative about it.

I know how it feels.

18. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to Anu Raman For This Post:

Bill Ryan (30th December 2021), DNA (31st December 2021), edina (7th September 2022), ExomatrixTV (31st December 2021), Gemma13 (4th January 2022), Harmony (30th December 2021), Johan (Keyholder) (1st January 2022), O Donna (31st December 2021), Pam (31st December 2021), Peace in Oz (31st December 2021), SoulValor (3rd January 2022), Spiral (30th December 2021), SpookyMulder (31st December 2021)

19. Link to Post #10
    Language
    German
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,883 times in 830 posts

It's kind of a dilemma for me and I'm wondering if others here have the same or have hit these points before too? If so, what did you make of it and what did you do about it to keep you going? And why did you feel it was important or a good thing to keep going?

-->

p.s.: To be fair, I've found myself in that phase with ALL types of interactions lately. Not just online, also offline. More even offline of course as you usally don't meet like minded people there. But that's not the actual issue, the issue are the above listed points.
    Hey, SoulValor,

first of all, welcome to Avalon.

Yes, I can relate to the points you mention.

Like you, I find it extremely draining when I see all kinds of manipulations going on during online exchanges. Part of the problem, at least for me, is the inability to use all one's senses in gaging whether a piece of information can be trusted and how somebody means something, whether he is serious or joking or just impatient or in a bad mood for whatever reason.

At times one comes across people who deliberately spread disinformation in order to cause chaos - and often they succeed.
    At times people hurl insults at each other and that brings everybody engaged in the discussion down, sadly.

We are all at different stages in our spiritual development and sometimes it really shows.
    Sometimes things somebody has known for years and takes for granted are completely unknown to a person who engages with him and it can be really hurtful when things are just dismissed out of hand. That's where disillusionment sets in (for me).
    I've seen that repeatedly and find it draining. I saw it on the old David Icke forum where in the end, people were really tired.

What I do about it is usually just take a step back, take a break from the forum, stop reading the thread which emotionally drained me and concentrate on "normal", every day things in my life.
    The reason why I eventually keep going is that it's much easier to grow together than on one's own. I have learnt so much from other members here on this forum, there are so many specific threads with very specific questions and there are a lot of genuine experts in different fields here. That's why I think it's really worth it.

You may not gel with everybody, but you will always find like-minded people and people who are willing to help each other on the way.

To me, that's invaluable.

P.S. I have always wondered whether there was a decent forum like this in Germany, but couldn't find a single one.
    Last edited by Icare; 31st December 2021 at 01:55.

20. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Icare For This Post:

1212is24 (30th December 2021), Bill Ryan (30th December 2021), DNA (31st December 2021), ExomatrixTV (31st December 2021), Gemma13 (4th January 2022), Johan (Keyholder) (1st January 2022), O Donna (31st December 2021), Pam (31st December 2021), Peace in Oz (31st December 2021), Spiral (30th December 2021), SpookyMulder (31st December 2021)

21. Link to Post #11
    Netherlands Avalon Member ExomatrixTV's Avatar
    Language
    English, Dutch, German, Limburgs
    Thanks
    Thanked 125,744 times in 20,828 posts

Lightbulb Re: Being tired/wary of online discussions...

I hope @SoulValor comes back soon ... he has not responded yet ...
    Last edited by ExomatrixTV; 31st December 2021 at 14:58.
    No need to follow anyone, only consider broadening (y)our horizon of possibilities ...

22. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ExomatrixTV For This Post:

Bill Ryan (31st December 2021), Gemma13 (4th January 2022), Icare (31st December 2021), Pam (31st December 2021)

23. Link to Post #12
    Germany Avalon Member SoulValor's Avatar
    Language
    German
    Thanks

Thanks so much for all your replies so far!
    Quite profound and helpful stuff.

LOL, before I pick up a few things there's something I just noticed in my original post:

Quote I was an early listener/watcher of Project Camelot, back in the good old days when Bryan was still around
    Bryan?? Apparently nobody else here noticed, either? (Or you guys are too polite)

What's further funny is that actually "Bryan" isn't even incorrect - technically speaking. "Bill Ryan" = "B-ryan".

Just so you know, I've been known to do these type of errors/spelling mistakes....sometimes real freudian slips. Sometimes I catch them before submitting, but sometimes I don't. And often when I see them when proofreading they can actually be quite profound - to me at least. It's like I'm giving myself a message or further information...sometimes I even give myself the answer through the "spelling mistake" or "wrong word". (And I truly wonder how I ended up typing that and not noticing (when I wrote it))

Quote Posted by ExomatrixTV (here)
    Constructive criticism on a higher level without using "name-callings" nor judgemental rhetoric.
    Constructive Criticism is a good keyword, Exomatrix! I've been known to engage in such criticism a lot, it's just my nature (I'm a Scorpio). I do choose my words carefully (usually) and I always have the intention of
    - just pointing out to make the person or group aware
    - once aware, let's work on the solution or improvement

Now as you can image that doesn't fly well with people, even when they are very spiritual and of "high awarenes". Well, apparently they're not!

Also, I don't like contradcitions - and when I point those out that's not well received either. So yeah, you can imagine where some of my disappointment/disillusion has stemmed from. And why it leads me to crawl back into my scorpion desert cave. (Where is the scorpion emoji? )

Oh and btw - I know full well that when I opt to criticize I also need to allow others to criticize me. I am open to that and I try to live it. As a matter of fact, I enjoy such conversations provided the person criticising does it in a constructive/ foundational and respectful way.

Quote Everything you put attention (energy) in to grows!
    Exactly! I learned this profound wisdom from Ian Lungold many years ago (though he might have picked it up from somebody else):
    "Energy flows where attention goes"

That's worth repeating:

"Energy flows where attention goes"

Ian passed away way too soon - I guess he didn't really follow his own advice. He seemed to be a bit on the wrong track with his Maya timeline preditions too....he was TOO urgent about them, he might have paid for that heavy energy investment with his death.

So yeah as for online discussion - who and what ddo you want to energize? What group? What subject? And does that give you energy back to you? If so, does that "reply-energy" or energy-exchange feel positive and/or is helpful in making you grow? (Enter "criticism") As I often found the reciprocal energy wasn't good or actually harmful...or sometimes there wasn't even any at all...that's not a nice feeling when you get ignored! Or even just certain points that you made. Like 80% of what you wrote or said you get feedback on but for the 20% that was really important to you or where you thought were the most important for the subject or discusion you do not... That's kind of a strange phenomenon in and of itself!

Quote How you treat others so you will be treated ... if not you did what you could and move on.
    Well, that's the thing. I wish it was that simple. I often found myself drawing people to me (online) (or maybe it was the other way around - who knows), that did not reflect the way I treat others. For instance, there was a time where I was extremely engaged with an online group and then I found out that a lot of them were liars and pretty much the whole group construct/outward appearance was a lie too (of immense proportions). And it was set up in this way on purpose to lure people in. It was pretty much sect and cult-like. Well, sorry but I am not a liar - I hate lies and striving for truth is one of the most important and vitalizing things for me. Even if the truth is ugly and uncomfortable. So this is an example where I actually don't understand how I drew that into my life - since the saying usually goes "like attracts like". But maybe it isn't as simple as that either....

Quote but you can inspire others to reevaluate their (self imposed limited) behavior
    Yeah....I think I actually suceeded in that regard several times. Even though the consequence was separation from those people or groups (by them or by me). I think that the reevalution and even a followed betterment often took quite a while though.

Quote Anyway welcome to Project Avalon Family @SoulValor
    Thank you John!

Quote Posted by JackMcThorn
    There are millions of postings here and frankly some threads I have wasted time reading.
    Haha, that cracked me up, Jack. I think we all have experienced this to one degree or another. Who knows though, in the end it may not turn out be a waste. And to Avalon's defense -
    that kind of thing can happen with a lot of forums and groups.

Quote Posted by 1212is24
    Respect for fully showing who you are, off the bat. You didn't need to do that. Maybe in your mind, you did... I respect that mindset, if that is the case. You also could've made an account under a name like OrangeOveralls373 and interacted in a similar manner with people here, I guess? I don't know.
    Interesting you raise that point, 1212is24.
    Personally I'm very much for showing oneself - this kind of ties into my point 3 in my original post:

If I would like to see my opposite's faces and try to get soem type of seriousness and Real Life vibe into the online world then I need to lead by example, right? In a way it is possible in a place like this (which is still limited)....
    Of course I'm not inventing the wheel here so kudos to everyone who is "brave" enough to show themselves in this forum.
    You know, one can hate facebook all they want and I'm certainly not a fan of it (anymore) but I find it a big advantage that people NEED to show themselves there and cannot hide behind some stupid fictitious name and cartoon avatar. So they are less inclinded to write sh*t and act like sh*t on their pages or in FB groups.

Yes Yes I know - a lot of people still do nonetheless even with their real selves (which is baffling) and some
    are bypassing the rules and use fake names or even use complete fake profiles (beside their regular profile). And yes, I'm also aware of the intelligence gathering aspect of FB. But that goes on all over
    the net so what is one supposed to do? Cower in fear and forever hide yourself behind a cartoon meme? Why limit yourself and let them rule you? As far as I'm concerned then they have already won.

I'm sorry in case I'm offending users who are using non-photo avatars here. I do understand that people have various reasons for that and I can and do respect that. But I find it to be a shame nonetheless, especially
    if it was done out of the wrong reasons. Wrong reasons to my mind: I'm ugly, I'm too boring,I'm not worthy,I'm too good looking,somebody's stalking me, somebody could be stalking me,"they" or somebody else could target me,etc...

Quote What I will say is this... One thing I've noticed about Germans -- no offence -- is that you guys like to measure things a lot. When you say it's about "time" when you write anything online, what is time? What if you were to write inside a private journal each day? Would you restrict each entry to a certain number of words, or a certain number of minutes of writing time? I'm not asking this to be silly either, I'm genuinely curious. I know a lot of people are meticulous about how they do things. If it works for them (or you), that's great. I am just saying... Such a rigid approach doesn't seem aligned with the 'universe' in many ways, if you catch my drift.
    I like your spirit, 1212is24. Just be honest and outspoken. :D You know, I can see what you're getting at but I really don't know if I fall into that stereotype. As a matter of fact, I do not see time
    as linear anymore and I don't like any type of restrictions. So nooooo, I want to be able to write as many words as I want to and also speak as many words as I want to! (One reason why I don't like Twitter)
    However, I do try to be structured and on point. But since I'm also very deep going, things can become long nonetheless (something people often have a problem with). So the "using up too much time" comes a lot from myself. So maybe I should live up more to be a strict/meticulous German!??

As I mentioned in the beginning, I have been having several important projects going on (e.g. I've been working on a music album), so time does become critical and it is quite a dilemma. Just a matter of harsh reality. All of these projects give me joy and are of a lenghty time-consuming nature. So if I could I would create more time or clone/split myself. But those skills I have not learned yet. :D Can you relate?

Btw, along those lines and one thing I actually wanted to mention originally too:
    when I got to the point of simply being tired of typing I found out about voice messages. And seeing that had increased as an option in various places (skype, facebook) I started resorting to that. At first I really enjoyed it as it allowed me (and my opposites) to convery more of oneself than just one's writing abilities (voice, tone, speech).

But then that became tiring and tedious too - because I usually would record much longer than intended (I really go on rants sometimes and I'm quite communicative). Which then would lead to my conversation partners to record long answers too. So the problem would become time again.
    And also, quite often, people seem to have short attention spans or tend to be forgetful so wouldn't reply to points I would make or inquired about in my recordings. So that became unsatisfying too.

Quote I once met a guy who had been 'catfished' online before I even know what the word meant.
    Well, I didn't know until this point either. Funny thing - I don't like catfish. And as matter of fact I have been catfhished as well - several times. That was mostly in the magician/witches scene.
    It is qute common there (for practioners of the black arts) to set up fake personalities - for various reasons. So yeah, this contributed to my disillusionment too. Especially when you find yourself really liking a (female) user and conversing with "her" for quite some time - just to then find out "she" is fake.

I should mention here that I'm not some gullible naive person that easily falls for stuff -
    but back in those days I was certainly still somewhat naive and "they" (black magicians/witches) targeted me for a while so they actually went to a lot of effort of making a profile of me and then "serving" me what I liked and in a way that they knew would resonate with me (a downside of being so open and communicative).
    I guess the reasons where manifold:

-extract information from me

-suck energy from me

-further weaken me by once again crashing my positive spirit and faith in humanity (when finding out that (once again) I was being lied to/sucked in by a fake)

But hey....I'm still here.

Quote Real life is always better.
    Always? I doubt it. You could easily fall prey to a faker/blender/dishonest person in real life too and many people have. And then it might be even more hurtful.

Some people can do the blending better in person than online. As a matter of fact,
    certain manipulation techniques can only be perfomed or can be better performed in close phyiscal proximity. Certain hand gestures for instance or even facial expressions. NLP. Also a more direct accessing of the person's energy field, their chakras etc. I think you somewhat underestimate the possiblities and actualities here, 1212is24.

I guess you never have run into such deceitful people/tricksters in real life (or online) so far, especially from the dark occult - or maybe you haven't noticed yet. If the former is the case then just be grateful for that.

Quote For what it is worth, I think you seem like a decent person with your heart in the right place. I've got nothing but respect for you. Happy new year!
    Thank you! Same to you!

Quote Posted by Anu Raman
    I have been on many internet forums all over the world, started in the old days when there was a such thing called the BBS.
    I remember those too, Anu Raman! There was some good, simple stuff in the old days of the internet. As a matter of fact, you really got to dislike how things have developed on the net. Back then it was pretty much a law-free zone, true freedom of speech and a big spirit of sharing stuff...And there were no ads or pop-ups.! And even wikipedia was a place to find information you could not find anywhere else. And on the search engines you could find "woo-woo" stuff right on the first results page. Now, most of that has become mainstream and overly commercialized. :/ Quite frankly, I never thought the internet
    would go that way....as a matter of fact, I had high hopes that this would be the breakthrough to change the system and remove the bad people from the top. I guess in a way is still is or may be,
    but not as fast and free as I had initially thought.

Quote I have shared information which is privy to the very few. Most of what I had written is pretty much non-existent today.
    Why not write/publish it again - here on Avalon? In case you haven't already.

Quote It is true that it gets frustrating trying to reach people. I have accepted the fact, that it's like some system out there, attempting to block me from fully sharing.
    Yes, there is something in place to restrict/limit/frustrate/disillusion people like us. And - among others - magic means are employed for that. (See my comment on dark occulists above) I assume there are certain entities (EMEs?) responsible for that. More on the active dynamic side whereas there is also a general passive kind of "spell" going on that has people under their grasp and throwing obstacles at people like us. On the positive side this makes for great spiritual growth for us and we get the chance to expand our awareness and energetic/magical arsenal (to protect and defend ourselves but also to break through and also help others). Thanks for the reminder!

Quote I had my share of negative responses from many. Some were extremely toxic towards of what I had written.
    Now I'm REALLY curious.

Quote I wanted to tell a story about the ancients. I know so much about them.. but again, I am not really willing to write it up all over again because my words are just that.. words..
    cheap... as in 'talk is cheap'... it attracts certain attention to this subject as well.
    Hmmmm, ok. You have no notes saved whatsoever from that time? It's not like you would have to write it in the same style or with the same words again. After all, you progressed too and surely
    more informaton has come to the puzzle for you.

Quote Posted by Icare
    I saw it on the old David Icke forum where in the end, people were really tired.
    Hello, Icare. Thanks for the welcome. Yes, I remember that old forum too. I read alot there and was quite heavily into David Icke. Good old times? Things have changed since then....(see my more general comment
    on the internet above). I think that is why Project Avalon is so remarkable. It truly has been steady over all these years. And hasn't really encountered a lot of that chaos and strife most forums or groups have
    - sooner or later. Though I can't say this for certain as I have not been reading here all that time. Maybe I missed out on some real bad stuff. All I know what I'm seeing now and have for the past two years - which looks to me that this forum has made it through the times rather unscathed.(?)

Quote P.S. I have always wondered whether there was a decent forum like this in Germany, but couldn't find a single one.
    Hmmm, let me think. One thing that comes to my mind was a forum called Matrix or something like that. But that was back in those old days too - around 2006/07 I think. I remember the main guy who ran
    his website (where the forum was attached to), it was very consciousness expanding and helped me on my path. I recently stumbled upon him again so I'm glad he's still around.
    Though it looks like he got a bit too much on the commercial/ego side now too and the forum doesn't exist anymore (at least not in that form). In case you're interested:
    https://www.matrixblogger.de/

Also, remember Jo Conrad? He was one of my first "sources". He's still around too and still pretty authentic. He used to have a good forum too. That one is still around but he doesn't moderate it anymore, sometimes he still posts something but that's rare. The place is quite unmoderated these days, which in a way is cool but on the other hand the discussion culture really leaves something to be desired.
    If you don't know it and are interested:
    http://www.freigeistforum.com/forum/index.php

Quote Posted by ExomatrixTV
    I hope @SoulValor comes back soon ... he has not responded yet ..
    Been posting in other places of the forum. ;-) This will not be uncommon with me. I usually move around until I come back. Responses are not usually immediate.

Btw, the length of this reply post is a case in point regarding my nature and the time issue. But I loved every minute of it! So once again, thanks ya'll!
    Last edited by SoulValor; 3rd January 2022 at 22:38.

24. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to SoulValor For This Post:

ExomatrixTV (3rd January 2022), Gemma13 (4th January 2022), Icare (4th January 2022), Lilyofthestars (14th January 2022), Sue (Ayt) (4th January 2022)

25. Link to Post #13
    United States Avalon Member Chester's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 33,205 times in 5,691 posts

The role this forum played in my life is irreplaceable.
    All the above is all and only my opinion - all subject to change and not meant to be true for anyone else regardless of how I phrase it.

26. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Chester For This Post:

Ernie Nemeth (3rd January 2022), ExomatrixTV (4th January 2022), Gemma13 (4th January 2022), Sue (Ayt) (4th January 2022), ulli (4th January 2022)

+ Reply to Thread