+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: The Omicron Experience

1. Link to Post #1
    UK Avalon Member
    Thanks

Default The Omicron Experience

Apparently Covid is fictional and the latest variant, Omicron is another hoax among the various conspiracy communities. Not in my family in the UK where all of us have it now and it very much feels like a conventional flu, possibly at a slightly lower strength.

We have had other variants in the house, but this is the worst in terms of impacting us all. I would hazard a guess that everyone who isn't a recluse will catch this form of the bug and that will be the end of Covid. None of us have had breathing issues so I guess it's mild.

Interestingly, both my wife and I said in parallel that this bug intuitively feels man made. We know what colds, 48hr viruses and flus feel like...this feels the same as fusing a cold with a flu. Shakes and shivers with a sore throat?

I really don't get why the narrative isn't about 'Never Again'' but I do know why. They don't want you to know the mechanics of the origin of this disease. Think about it. Who would pay?

2. The Following 24 Users Say Thank You to jimbobule For This Post:

Alan (8th January 2022), Ankle Biter (4th January 2022), Bill Ryan (1st January 2022), Chester (1st January 2022), DaveToo (1st January 2022), Dorjezigzag (1st January 2022), Ernie Nemeth (1st January 2022), fifi (1st January 2022), gord (1st January 2022), Gracy (1st January 2022), Harmony (2nd January 2022), I am B (1st January 2022), Icare (4th January 2022), Ioneo (1st January 2022), Jad (1st January 2022), leavesoftrees (2nd January 2022), mizo (1st January 2022), Nasu (1st January 2022), Pam (1st January 2022), Reinhard (1st January 2022), Sadieblue (4th January 2022), Spiral (2nd January 2022), Tintin (2nd January 2022), yelik (2nd January 2022)

3. Link to Post #2
    Thanks
    Thanked 27,696 times in 3,333 posts

Default Re: The Omicron Experience

I'm sorry that your family is sick but glad it just seems like the seasonal stuff that has happened for as long as I can remember.

I am wondering how you know which variant it is? If you don't mind sharing I am actually curious if the medical system is telling you that you have a specific variant or you are making the assumption because that is what we are being told is going around? Which would make sense. I know that is a personal question and I understand if you choose not to answer.

Just to put your mind at ease I have experienced a sore throat with an elevated temperature causing the alternating overheating and chills. That was in the days when it was just called the flu and blown off.

Anyway, sounds like you guys will be on the mend before you know it!!!

4. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Pam For This Post:

Alecs (2nd January 2022), Bill Ryan (1st January 2022), DaveToo (1st January 2022), fifi (1st January 2022), gord (1st January 2022), happyuk (11th January 2022), Harmony (2nd January 2022), Icare (4th January 2022), Mike (1st January 2022), Mike Gorman (2nd January 2022), Sadieblue (4th January 2022), Spiral (2nd January 2022)

5. Link to Post #3
    UK Avalon Member
    Thanks

I think you miss my point although I agree and thanks for your wishes, that we will all be fine soon. This is not just a seasonal bug imho, the MSM UK and government rhetoric around Omicron matches exactly our experience to date which is that of a mid impact illness highly transmissable evading previous immunity. I've never seen all of us come down with something so quickly.

Personally I'm fully any-waax and believe the Covid agenda has been massively mis-appropriated to accelerate other alternative agendas. But remember in the UK we have a high population density to facilitate this.

6. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to jimbobule For This Post:

Bill Ryan (1st January 2022), Chester (1st January 2022), fifi (1st January 2022), gord (1st January 2022), Harmony (2nd January 2022), Icare (4th January 2022), Mike (1st January 2022), Nasu (1st January 2022), Pam (1st January 2022), Sadieblue (4th January 2022), Spiral (2nd January 2022)

7. Link to Post #4
    United States Avalon Member Vangelo's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,580 times in 569 posts

Quote Posted by Pam (here)
    I'm sorry that your family is sick but glad it just seems like the seasonal stuff that has happened for as long as I can remember.

I am wondering how you know which variant it is? If you don't mind sharing I am actually curious if the medical system is telling you that you have a specific variant or you are making the assumption because that is what we are being told is going around? Which would make sense. I know that is a personal question and I understand if you choose not to answer.

Just to put your mind at ease I have experienced a sore throat with an elevated temperature causing the alternating overheating and chills. That was in the days when it was just called the flu and blown off.

Here is some info from John Campbell that may answer your questions.  I have followed Campbell since the beginning of this mess.  He does a very good job limiting his comments and conclusions to facts he gleans from published studies or quotes from 'authorities'.  He is a strong supporter of Ivermectin and Vitamin D as well as being pro-vax.

Omicron can be detected with the PCR test.  A positive PCR test for omicron differs from a positive PCR test of the other variants because it does NOT have a specific marker called the S-gene.  The S-gene marker would otherwise be visible with the other variants.

As of December 27, 96% of new London infections are Omicron.

Symptoms in order of prevalence:
     - Runny Nose
     - Headache
     - Fatigue
     - Sneezing
     - Sore/Scratchy Throat
    Happiness comes from within, nowhere else.

8. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Vangelo For This Post:

Ankle Biter (4th January 2022), Bill Ryan (1st January 2022), Dennis Leahy (4th January 2022), fifi (1st January 2022), Harmony (2nd January 2022), Icare (4th January 2022), Ioneo (1st January 2022), Mike (1st January 2022), Nasu (1st January 2022), Sadieblue (4th January 2022), Spiral (2nd January 2022)

9. Link to Post #5
    United States Avalon Member Chester's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 33,206 times in 5,691 posts

Quote Posted by jimbobule (here)
    I think you miss my point although I agree and thanks for your wishes, that we will all be fine soon. This is not just a seasonal bug imho, the MSM UK and government rhetoric around Omicron matches exactly our experience to date which is that of a mid impact illness highly transmissable evading previous immunity. I've never seen all of us come down with something so quickly.

Personally I'm fully any-waax and believe the Covid agenda has been massively mis-appropriated to accelerate other alternative agendas. But remember in the UK we have a high population density to facilitate this.
    "any-waax"? what does that mean?
    All the above is all and only my opinion - all subject to change and not meant to be true for anyone else regardless of how I phrase it.

10. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Chester For This Post:

Bill Ryan (1st January 2022), fifi (1st January 2022), Harmony (2nd January 2022), Mike (1st January 2022), Sadieblue (4th January 2022)

11. Link to Post #6
    UK Avalon Member
    Thanks

anti something

12. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to jimbobule For This Post:

Bill Ryan (1st January 2022), Chester (1st January 2022), Harmony (2nd January 2022), Mike (1st January 2022), Sadieblue (4th January 2022)

13. Link to Post #7
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,172 times in 572 posts

Quote Posted by jimbobule;1472338
    Interestingly, both my wife and I said in parallel that [B

this bug intuitively feels man made[/B]
    Click image for larger version

Name:	ghk.png
Views:	12
Size:	395.3 KB
ID:	48206

link:

https://dailysceptic.org/2022/01/01/...me-from-a-lab/

14. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to mizo For This Post:

Bill Ryan (1st January 2022), fifi (1st January 2022), Harmony (2nd January 2022), Mike (1st January 2022), Nasu (1st January 2022), Sadieblue (4th January 2022)

15. Link to Post #8
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,034 times in 340 posts

Completely agree, went through an almost identical case myself. With the new year festivities everybody got tested and the positives SOARED. And yet no one had any relevant effect. I myself had no symptoms and my family nothing but a slight cough, milder than a cold. Credibility of diagnóstics just got HUGE blow here.

16. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to I am B For This Post:

Bill Ryan (1st January 2022), Chester (1st January 2022), fifi (1st January 2022), Harmony (2nd January 2022), Matthew (4th January 2022), Mike (1st January 2022), Nasu (1st January 2022), Sadieblue (4th January 2022)

17. Link to Post #9
    United States Avalon Member
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,506 times in 274 posts

Many acquaintenances had their Chistmas celebrations cancelled, and my family crew saw 6 of 8 affected when ours was cancelled due to omicron.

Everyone in my group is over it. For me it has stuck around for about a week with a low grade fever even with a previous, long-term, ongoing regimen of c/d/zinc/quercitin/ivm. As for previous covid versions I am pretty sure I had one or another of those a few times over the last 24 months or so, but those experiences were quite mild.

I have never been tested and have never been vaxxed.

I would welcome your thoughts on my own personal experience, not sure again what to make of all this. My guess is that the White Hats stepped in here..... just not sure.

ADDENDUM:

FWIW, Feeling much better today on Jan 3, never did get tested, not sure if it is was Omicron as opposed to delta or flu but I think it was Omicron. In any case, raised daily IVM yesterday to 24 MG and added prednisone last night and this morning and feel fantastic. I will taper off prednisone in a few days as well as so much IVM.

Now, my understanding is that Malone said on Rogan (I must have missed this part) that they are testing IVM at much higher levels now if one has the virus, so for me it would be as many as approx. 45 mg per day if sick (I think). I weigh 185 pounds.
    Last edited by TravelerJim; 4th January 2022 at 00:21.

18. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to TravelerJim For This Post:

Alecs (2nd January 2022), Bill Ryan (1st January 2022), Chester (1st January 2022), DaveToo (1st January 2022), fifi (1st January 2022), Harmony (2nd January 2022), Jad (4th January 2022), leavesoftrees (2nd January 2022), Mike (1st January 2022), Nasu (1st January 2022), Sadieblue (4th January 2022)

19. Link to Post #10
    United States Avalon Member Mike's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 50,572 times in 5,713 posts

When covid first hit, I got this crippling dull headache that lasted for a couple weeks. As headache wasn't listed as one of the common symptoms then I didn't quite know what to make of it.

Now it's said that a persistent headache is either a) an indication that you will soon get covid, or b) a sort of residual thing after you've had covid. So, like virtually all the info out there on this sh!t it's mostly contradictory and not very useful.

Enter "omicron": a very short time after it arrived I experienced that same persistent, dull headache. It's quite brutal. It makes it very difficult to think and talk, and it also left me feeling very emotionally flat. During this time my younger sister and I took a walk because she wanted advice on some issues she's having with her "woke" daughter and she thought I could provide clarity; I attempted to provide some, but I was almost totally incoherent. It felt like I was floating above the debacle and watching this poor fellow struggle thru sentence after sentence. It was embarrassing, frankly.

I'm much better now, thank God. But I was feeling a little worried there for a moment. Was it omicron? Not sure, but the similar symptoms I felt when covid first arrived makes me think it just may have been.
    Last edited by Mike; 2nd January 2022 at 01:52.

20. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Mike For This Post:

Bill Ryan (1st January 2022), Chester (1st January 2022), Chris Gilbert (7th January 2022), DaveToo (1st January 2022), fifi (1st January 2022), happyuk (11th January 2022), Harmony (2nd January 2022), leavesoftrees (2nd January 2022), Nasu (1st January 2022), Pam (2nd January 2022), Sadieblue (4th January 2022)

21. Link to Post #11
    Canada Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,971 times in 1,706 posts

Quote Posted by Vangelo (here)

Here is some info from John Campbell that may answer your questions.  I have followed Campbell since the beginning of this mess.  He does a very good job limiting his comments and conclusions to facts he gleans from published studies or quotes from 'authorities'.  He is a strong supporter of Ivermectin and Vitamin D as well as being pro-vax.

Omicron can be detected with the PCR test.  A positive PCR test for omicron differs from a positive PCR test of the other variants because it does NOT have a specific marker called the S-gene.  The S-gene marker would otherwise be visible with the other variants.

- Runny Nose
     - Headache
     - Fatigue
     - Sneezing
     - Sore/Scratchy Throat
    Dr. Campbell recommends getting tested for Covid if you have the above symptoms.
    Can ANYONE here tell me what advantage someone would have if their test came back either
    negative or positive?

22. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to DaveToo For This Post:

avid (1st January 2022), Bill Ryan (1st January 2022), Chester (1st January 2022), ClearWater (1st January 2022), happyuk (11th January 2022), Harmony (2nd January 2022), Matthew (4th January 2022), Nasu (1st January 2022), Reinhard (4th January 2022), Sadieblue (4th January 2022), selinam (4th January 2022), Sue (Ayt) (2nd January 2022)

23. Link to Post #12
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Quote Posted by jimbobule (here)
    anti something
    I understand... ok, thank you.
    All the above is all and only my opinion - all subject to change and not meant to be true for anyone else regardless of how I phrase it.

24. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Chester For This Post:

Bill Ryan (1st January 2022), Harmony (2nd January 2022), Pam (2nd January 2022), Sadieblue (4th January 2022)

25. Link to Post #13
    United States Avalon Member Vangelo's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,580 times in 569 posts

Quote Posted by DaveToo (here)

- Runny Nose
     - Headache
     - Fatigue
     - Sneezing
     - Sore/Scratchy Throat
    Dr. Campbell recommends getting tested for Covid if you have the above symptoms.
    Can ANYONE here tell me what advantage someone would have if their test came back either
    negative or positive?
    I think I may have had it last week, but it was so mild, I did not get tested.

I will offer my perspective and reasoning, hope it helps.

There are two primary reasons for knowing:
    1) Treatment Decisions
    2) Infecting Others

Lets start with infecting others. 'R not' is a measure of how easily a virus spreads to others. Delta had an 'R not' of around 1.3, if I remember correctly. Omicron has an 'R not' of at least 3 (if the folks in South Africa are correct). But to be honest, the value does not matter when we know from testing that Omicron reached a +90% prevalence in UK in a matter of 3 or so weeks. That means it is crazy infectious. In other words, we are all going to get it no matter what. The only thing my family or I can do to keep from getting it is hide in the house... Not happening....

Regarding treatment decisions. Given that I already take D, Zinc, C and Quercitin every day, there is nothing else for me to do except to take ivermectin (which I have in the house). I would only take that if my symptoms were worse than the omicron symptoms of:
     - Runny Nose
     - Headache
     - Fatigue
     - Sneezing
     - Sore/Scratchy Throat

The only reason for getting tested is if you are feeling sicker than having a cold or light flu. The only other reason is if it gives you peace of mind to know one way or the other.
    Happiness comes from within, nowhere else.

26. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Vangelo For This Post:

Bill Ryan (2nd January 2022), Chris Gilbert (7th January 2022), Harmony (2nd January 2022), Matthew (4th January 2022), Pam (2nd January 2022), Reinhard (4th January 2022), Sadieblue (4th January 2022)

27. Link to Post #14
    Canada Avalon Member
    Thanks

I will offer my perspective and reasoning, hope it helps.

There are two primary reasons for knowing:
    1) Treatment Decisions
    2) Infecting Others

Lets start with infecting others. 'R not' is a measure of how easily a virus spreads to others. Delta had an 'R not' of around 1.3, if I remember correctly. Omicron has an 'R not' of at least 3 (if the folks in South Africa are correct). But to be honest, the value does not matter when we know from testing that Omicron reached a +90% prevalence in UK in a matter of 3 or so weeks. That means it is crazy infectious. In other words, we are all going to get it no matter what. The only thing my family or I can do to keep from getting it is hide in the house... Not happening....

Regarding treatment decisions. Given that I already take D, Zinc, C and Quercitin every day, there is nothing else for me to do except to take ivermectin (which I have in the house). I would only take that if my symptoms were worse than the omicron symptoms of:
     - Runny Nose
     - Headache
     - Fatigue
     - Sneezing
     - Sore/Scratchy Throat

The only reason for getting tested is if you are feeling sicker than having a cold or light flu. The only other reason is if it gives you peace of mind to know one way or the other.
    For 2) you have indicated that it will make no difference whether you know if you have Omicron or not. If you don't have it
    you will proceed as usual. If you do have it, as you said it would be almost impossible to stop the spread. I agree with this.

For 1) a person has the option of treating it the same way they treat a cold/flu or using the D, Zinc, C and Quercitin method you have adopted.
    This would be for whether they had a cold, flu or Omicron.

In other words there would be no other treatment to choose from.

This is the reason why I asked if there would be any advantage to knowing if you had Omicron or not.
    Perhaps as you say, some people would feel better psychologically if they knew they didn't have Omicron.
    But then, others might feel better knowing they may have natural immunity for Covid if they got a positive test.

Personally I wouldn't bother getting a test because:
    a) I don't trust them.
    b) They feed the Covid beast (tests are what make Covid thrive).
    c) I wouldn't do anything differently no matter the result.

28. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to DaveToo For This Post:

avid (2nd January 2022), Bill Ryan (2nd January 2022), Harmony (2nd January 2022), I am B (2nd January 2022), leavesoftrees (2nd January 2022), Matthew (4th January 2022), Sadieblue (4th January 2022), selinam (4th January 2022), Sue (Ayt) (2nd January 2022), Vangelo (2nd January 2022)

29. Link to Post #15
    United States Moderator Sue (Ayt)'s Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,831 times in 2,591 posts

Quote Posted by DaveToo (here)

negative or positive?
    Why yes. I, Fauci the great, can tell you. The more tests, the more positive cases, and the more panic and fear you will have. Simple and ingenious, don't ya think?
    Testing hourly is highly suggested... bwah ha ha ha ha

Name:  dr-fauci-smile.gif
Views: 23
Size:  1.08 MB
    Last edited by Sue (Ayt); 2nd January 2022 at 06:24.
    "We're all bozos on this bus"

30. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to Sue (Ayt) For This Post:

Ankle Biter (4th January 2022), avid (2nd January 2022), Bill Ryan (2nd January 2022), ClearWater (4th January 2022), DaveToo (2nd January 2022), Dennis Leahy (4th January 2022), Gwin Ru (2nd January 2022), Harmony (2nd January 2022), melissanederland (4th January 2022), Reinhard (4th January 2022), Sadieblue (4th January 2022), selinam (4th January 2022), Vangelo (2nd January 2022)

31. Link to Post #16
    UK Avalon Member
    Thanks

Watching UK news. Says anticipating 25% of ALL staff not working now 🤷

Positive Covid tests at astronomic 200k a day.
    Last edited by jimbobule; 2nd January 2022 at 11:13.

32. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to jimbobule For This Post:

avid (2nd January 2022), Bill Ryan (2nd January 2022), DaveToo (2nd January 2022), Gwin Ru (2nd January 2022), Harmony (2nd January 2022), Reinhard (4th January 2022), Sadieblue (4th January 2022), Sue (Ayt) (2nd January 2022), Vangelo (2nd January 2022)

33. Link to Post #17
    Language
    English
    Thanks

...and the US stock market (Dow Jones Industrials and S&P 500) closes at an all-time high.

34. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Chester For This Post:

Ankle Biter (4th January 2022), Bill Ryan (4th January 2022), Gwin Ru (4th January 2022), Harmony (4th January 2022), Sadieblue (4th January 2022)

35. Link to Post #18
    United States Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,309 times in 307 posts

Nine members of my family have had covid, or so the test they took said, some home tested, some by medical staff.
    Seven of the nine lived in the same household, all had it except two...the adults got steroids to help them through it and keep it from their lungs, the three youngest children had it, only took childrens tylenol, and lots of juices with vit. C, and gator aide...The mother lost her voice down to a whisper, and still has headaches, Dad was in bed for a week...the young ones 2ys, 3 1/2, and the other 6yrs...had fever of 103 for one day, then up playing. They are all still quarantined for another week, if no one else test positive. The older son didn't get it, or at least not yet, neither the wee three week old baby. But they have both been pretty much quarantined in a seperate part of the house.

The other two adults lived in another household....Male was pretty sick for two weeks and on a steroid.
    Female, still sick, and has after effects in her feet, they both got the antibodies.

36. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Sadieblue For This Post:

Bill Ryan (4th January 2022), DaveToo (4th January 2022), Gwin Ru (4th January 2022), Harmony (4th January 2022), Reinhard (4th January 2022)

37. Link to Post #19
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,172 times in 572 posts

I've been awake most of last night with a dry tickly throat, slight cough, heart racing slightly, plus aching joints. Taking all the recommended precautions and supplements, had a dose of Ivermectin tablet just in case, my wife feels the same as me -though she has the same symptoms for a couple of days my youngest daughter has just said her throat is painful too. My eldest daughter spent NYE with us she started to have a painful throat on the 1st. I'm resigned to catching it (whatever variation it is!) now and gain immunity and get it over with.

Have some good books to read and I will stay in my conservatory and later bedroom and read. My wife bought me 'Who Built The Moon?' book in large print for Xmas so that'll be a apt diversion for me!

38. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to mizo For This Post:

Bill Ryan (4th January 2022), DaveToo (4th January 2022), Gwin Ru (4th January 2022), Sadieblue (6th January 2022)

39. Link to Post #20
    Canada Avalon Member
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Sadieblue (here)
    Nine members of my family have had covid, or so the test they took said, some home tested, some by medical staff.
    Seven of the nine lived in the same household, all had it except two...the adults got steroids to help them through it and keep it from their lungs, the three youngest children had it, only took childrens tylenol, and lots of juices with vit. C, and gator aide...The mother lost her voice down to a whisper, and still has headaches, Dad was in bed for a week...the young ones 2ys, 3 1/2, and the other 6yrs...had fever of 103 for one day, then up playing. They are all still quarantined for another week, if no one else test positive. The older son didn't get it, or at least not yet, neither the wee three week old baby. But they have both been pretty much quarantined in a seperate part of the house.

The other two adults lived in another household....Male was pretty sick for two weeks and on a steroid.
    Female, still sick, and has after effects in her feet, they both got the antibodies.
    Hi Sadie, sorry to hear about it. Did they all get it at the same time?

40. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DaveToo For This Post:

Bill Ryan (4th January 2022), Sadieblue (6th January 2022)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast