+ Reply to Thread

Thread: A new UFO/UAP Timeline website

1. Link to Post #1
    Sweden Avalon Member
    Thanks

Default A new UFO/UAP Timeline website

Hi everyone,

I just spent two days putting together this website for those who want to dig deeper into UFOs/UAP. All information on the site is listed by year, and categories can be filtered.

I'm looking for feedback and more stuff to add to the site. So, if you have any ideas or items you think would fit for the website/timeline, please share and I'll see what I can do!

Check it out: https://ufotimeline.com

Happy new year!

2. The Following 20 Users Say Thank You to Alx For This Post:

Ami (2nd January 2022), aoibhghaire (2nd January 2022), Bill Ryan (2nd January 2022), Bluegreen (23rd February 2022), CurEus (22nd February 2022), Denise/Dizi (30th April 2022), ExomatrixTV (2nd January 2022), Heart to heart (22nd February 2022), Journeyman (13th October 2022), Kryztian (2nd January 2022), Le Chat (3rd January 2022), mojo (16th October 2022), Peace in Oz (3rd January 2022), rgray222 (2nd January 2022), Spiral (2nd January 2022), Sue (Ayt) (2nd January 2022), Sunny-side-up (3rd January 2022), validatedmystery (3rd January 2022), Vangelo (2nd January 2022), Wansen (3rd January 2022)

3. Link to Post #2
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,651 times in 1,409 posts

Default Re: A new UFO/UAP Timeline website

That is one heck of a task to undertake ! There are just so many things esp when you cover all the things that have gone on with the pundits having a say.

Some of these things have an unbelievable amount of controversy behind them as well, such as the Rendlesham incident, where you have multiple witnesses, some truthful & at least one a complete charlatan.

If you are looking for sources I could recommend a few, top of the list would be ufo insight. https://www.ufoinsight.com/ufos

This group on FB has a huge list of the sort that an index to the various articles would be a boon "THEUFOFILESGROUP" (I don't want to post a direct link to anything on FB because of all the strings that come with them)

4. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Spiral For This Post:

Alx (5th January 2022), aoibhghaire (2nd January 2022), Bill Ryan (2nd January 2022), Denise/Dizi (30th April 2022), mojo (16th October 2022), Sue (Ayt) (2nd January 2022)

5. Link to Post #3
    England Avalon Member Did You See Them's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,877 times in 1,034 posts

I think inserting a few relevant major movies and popular TV shows in to the timeline would also be useful at a glance.

6. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Did You See Them For This Post:

Alx (16th February 2022), Bill Ryan (16th February 2022), Denise/Dizi (30th April 2022), Heart to heart (22nd February 2022), mojo (16th October 2022)

7. Link to Post #4
    Sweden Avalon Member
    Language
    Swedish
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Alx (here)
    Hi everyone,

I just spent two days putting together this website for those who want to dig deeper into UFOs/UAP. All information on the site is listed by year, and categories can be filtered.

I'm looking for feedback and more stuff to add to the site. So, if you have any ideas or items you think would fit for the website/timeline, please share and I'll see what I can do!

Check it out: https://ufotimeline.com

Happy new year!
    Great effort, Alx! I would suggest you add the CNN interview with Mitt Romney from June 27 2021. Romney says some remarkable things, and I think the significance of the interview has been lost among all the other UFO news in 2021 (or since December 2017):https://edition.cnn.com/videos/polit...ey-on-ufos.cnn

Even though many in the ufo community were disappointed with the ODNI preliminary assessment of UAP, I think it is worth a place in UFO history (after all, Romney is in the CNN interview commenting on the UAP assessment delivered June 25 2021, albeit he is probably referring to the classified version).

Keep up the good work with your website/timeline. It can become a great resource for both seasoned ufo researchers and newcomers to the topic.

God fortsättning på 2022!

8. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to validatedmystery For This Post:

Alx (5th January 2022), Bill Ryan (16th February 2022), Denise/Dizi (30th April 2022), Heart to heart (22nd February 2022), mojo (16th October 2022)

9. Link to Post #5
    Sweden Avalon Member
    Thanks

Sorry for the late reply, I have been busy.

These last few days I've had some time to update the site. There are now 7 categories you can use to filter the information as you want, all in a timeline format.

- Home (All categories in one timline)
    - News
    - Documentaries
    - Famous Cases
    - Sightings
    - Press Conferences
    - Spotlight
    - Quotes

Thanks/tack for the feedback!

Anyone got any other information that would fit on the site? Please share.

10. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Alx For This Post:

Bill Ryan (16th February 2022), Bluegreen (17th February 2022), Denise/Dizi (30th April 2022), Heart to heart (22nd February 2022), mojo (16th October 2022)

11. Link to Post #6
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,034 times in 786 posts

This is a great start. I hope the community can ad to this. One thing I rarely see is a comprehensive effort to get included are the reports from the international communities outside of the West. Even then details from the EU are sparse, scant bits of info from E. Europe, Asia, Africa, Oceana, or S. America so hopefully this can grow over time.

Thanks for doing this!

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to CurEus For This Post:

Denise/Dizi (30th April 2022), Heart to heart (22nd February 2022), mojo (16th October 2022)

13. Link to Post #7
    Sweden Avalon Member
    Thanks

I've now finalized the design/structure and functionality of the site, I think...

Some new stuff:
    - You can now press on years or months and get archives for each
    - The header now has another "filter-circle-menu" which should make browsing categories easier
    - I've now added a downvote button, so bad items can be well, downvoted and later removed by me
    - Simplified the mobile browsing experience, less info on the screen
    - Moved years out to the left for screens above 1280px, to make it easier to see under which year the items are posted
    - Polished the dark/light toggle switch and styling. Not happy with the dark site? Just switch to the light one instead

Try it out.

Now I just need to work on the content on the site and improve it... which is a very important bit, but not as fun perhaps.

Feedback/suggestions/ideas are always welcome :-)

14. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Alx For This Post:

Denise/Dizi (30th April 2022), ExomatrixTV (30th April 2022), Journeyman (13th October 2022), mojo (16th October 2022)

15. Link to Post #8
    Sweden Avalon Member
    Thanks

Some days ago I passed 200+ entries on the site! Check it out.

I also replaced the "Press Conferences" filter with "Books & Documents". Moved the 3 press conferences to the "Spotlight" category, which is the everything-goes filter for items that do not fit anywhere else.

I'm always looking for feedback to improve the site, or if you have something you think is missing from the timeline - please tell me :-)
    Last edited by Alx; 13th October 2022 at 12:50.

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Alx For This Post:

Harmony (13th October 2022), Journeyman (13th October 2022), mojo (16th October 2022)

+ Reply to Thread