1. Link to Post #1
    United States Moderator Sue (Ayt)'s Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,798 times in 2,585 posts

Default 'Flurona' makes its appearance

Flurona
    So, I first heard this new crazy buzzword a couple of days ago, as apparently appearing for the first time in Israel:

What Fresh Hell Is ‘Flurona’?
    JAN. 3, 2022

Happy 2022! New year, new diseases — I think is what they say? In any case, the Daily Beast reports that the first-ever verified influenza-coronavirus-combo case has emerged in Israel. Unlike other reports of tandem infections that surfaced in the United States in early 2020, this one gets a verified blue check mark from the World Health Organization, and with it, a nickname: “flurona.” Not a vocab word I care to add to my lexicon, but here we are.

According to the Times of Israel, Beilinson Hospital in Petah Tikva reported the dual infection on Thursday, after an unvaccinated pregnant woman with mild symptoms tested positive upon admission. She apparently didn’t know she had either virus, though Israel is experiencing a surge in flu cases, too. Per the Times, national health officials suspect this “flurona” patient is not the only one out there, though hers is the first confirmed case. She has been released, allegedly in “good condition.”

Realistically, I suppose none of this should be surprising — co-infection is a possibility whether we are talking about two simultaneous colds or COVID-19 and the flu — but maybe you have been too busy wondering if your scratchy throat and achy muscles are Omicron-related to consider the possibility of multiple causes. Or maybe the recent musings of Moderna’s chief medical office regarding the possibility of Delta-Omicron superstrain have been keeping you up at night. Anyway, new year, same hellscape.
    https://www.thecut.com/2022/01/first...in-israel.html

------

And then, this morning, not unlike omicron, I heard on the tube that it popped up elsewhere, for the first time in the US:

An unvaxxed Los Angeles teen has tested positive for a co-infection of COVID-19 and the flu, according to the Los Angeles Times.
    The co-infections have been happening since early in the pandemic and are now being dubbed "flurona."
    Experts said that being vaccinated against both the flu and COVID-19 will make a co-infection much milder for most.
    https://www.businessinsider.com/unva...flurona-2022-1

-------
    And by this evening, a search shows it popping up everywhere.

'Flurona' hits US amid record COVID-19 cases, resurgence of influenza
    Mississippi, North Carolina, and Texas have all seen 'flurona' cases

Multiple cases of "flurona," or COVID-19 and an influenza infection simultaneously, have been detected in the United States as the nation sees a resurgence of the flu amid record COVID-19 cases.

Ken Vaughn, a North Carolina father of two, said that his 7-year-old son had an irritated throat after Christmas, so they took him to the doctor.

"They gave him a COVID swab, a flu swab, and then they did a second COVID swab in case the quick test came back negative," Vaughn told Fox News Digital.

"Well, they called back in 30 minutes and said, 'Yeah, it's COVID and it's flu B.' And they said they had never seen it before."

Vaughn provided tests results to Fox News Digital showing his son's positive tests for COVID-19 and the flu on Dec. 27.

Vaughn's son, who had just received his second dose of the Pfizer vaccine a month earlier, was on bed rest for two days with a 102-degree fever, but he's feeling like himself again after a week.

"[The doctors] had never seen it before and it was scary as hell to them. They're like, 'Oh, God, what are we going to be dealing with here?'" Vaughn said. "It's a moment where a parent really can go to their darkest place."

Vaughn was feeling slightly under the weather as well, but he had recently received a booster dose and just has a slight cough about a week later.

Article Continued Here

------
    If you do a basic google news search, you will see the "flurona" term popping up. Why do you suppose they are introducing this new absurdity?
    "We're all bozos on this bus"

2. The Following 17 Users Say Thank You to Sue (Ayt) For This Post:

Alecs (6th January 2022), Ankle Biter (6th January 2022), Bill Ryan (6th January 2022), Brigantia (13th January 2022), chrifri (6th January 2022), ClearWater (6th January 2022), DNA (6th January 2022), Ewan (6th January 2022), Gwin Ru (6th January 2022), Icare (7th January 2022), Ioneo (6th January 2022), Mashika (6th January 2022), Nasu (6th January 2022), pabranno (6th January 2022), Peace in Oz (6th January 2022), Reinhard (6th January 2022), wondering (6th January 2022)

3. Link to Post #2
    On Sabbatical
    Language
    None
    Thanks
    Thanked 27,830 times in 3,335 posts

Default Re: 'Flurona' makes its appearance

"Flurona"

It looks like "they" are now making fun of everyone just out of pure will. "He has cancer but also got covid, he has CanceRona! Watch out for CanceRona, it can kill you! But what about EbolRona! and then there's AidsRona and DiabeRona!"

Me: "Please God, let it be diabetes only, pleasee oh pleasee..."
    Doctor: "You have DiabeRona"
    Me: Nooooooooooooo! Why God.. Why...

Are they even serious?
    Last edited by Mashika; 7th January 2022 at 00:17.
    Tired

4. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Mashika For This Post:

Bill Ryan (6th January 2022), chrifri (6th January 2022), Gwin Ru (7th January 2022), Ioneo (6th January 2022), Sue (Ayt) (7th January 2022), ulli (6th January 2022), wondering (6th January 2022)

5. Link to Post #3
    Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,097 times in 118 posts

whenever I read "unvaccinated" I wonder if that person or group did have 1 jab or 2 jabs or soon 3 jabs or if that person/group really had ZERO inoculations?

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to chrifri For This Post:

Bill Ryan (7th January 2022), Gwin Ru (7th January 2022)

7. Link to Post #4
    On Sabbatical
    Language
    None
    Thanks
    Thanked 27,830 times in 3,335 posts

Quote Posted by chrifri (here)
    whenever I read "unvaccinated" I wonder if that person or group did have 1 jab or 2 jabs or soon 3 jabs or if that person/group really had ZERO inoculations?
    If you wait long enough, you return to completely unvaccinated anyway. So why wait, you're already unvaccinated right now if you have not taken "the jab". But only works for "that one vaccine". The only one that matters is the Covid one, did you know? The flu? Who cares? Anything else doesn't matter anymore. It has to be Covid vaccine or if you don't take it you are anti-vaccine, regardless of you having 30 or more other vaccines through the years

So if a couple years go by and you keep taking any other available vaccine but stop with the covid one, then everyone will whisper "chrifri is unvaccinated" and move to the other side of the street to avoid getting in contact with you
    Tired

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Mashika For This Post:

Bill Ryan (7th January 2022), chrifri (7th January 2022), ClearWater (7th January 2022), Gwin Ru (7th January 2022)

9. Link to Post #5
    Netherlands Avalon Member ExomatrixTV's Avatar
    Language
    English, Dutch, German, Limburgs
    Thanks
    Thanked 127,094 times in 21,066 posts

• Flurona is Here & Our Democracy is Burning - 7 Stories to Terrify You!:
    No need to follow anyone, only consider broadening (y)our horizon of possibilities ...

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ExomatrixTV For This Post:

Bill Ryan (13th January 2022), Sue (Ayt) (14th January 2022)

+ Reply to Thread