+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Twitter-Alternative Breakthrough and Game Changer 'GETTR' Has Millions Joining In Just 1 Week!

1. Link to Post #21
    Netherlands Avalon Member ExomatrixTV's Avatar
    Language
    English, Dutch, German, Limburgs
    Thanks
    Thanked 125,636 times in 20,812 posts

Default Re: Twitter-Alternative Breakthrough and Game Changer 'GETTR' Has Millions Joining In Just 1 Week!

The first few months of new Twitter CEO Parag Agrawal's tenure have validated fears his leadership would reduce free expression on the site, critics told The Post.
    • Donald Trump being courted by Twitter Alternative: Gettr — run by his ex-adviser
    Last edited by ExomatrixTV; 9th January 2022 at 17:56.
    No need to follow anyone, only consider broadening (y)our horizon of possibilities ...

2. The Following User Says Thank You to ExomatrixTV For This Post:

Icare (11th January 2022)

3. Link to Post #22
    Language
    Thanks

Default Re: Twitter-Alternative Breakthrough and Game Changer 'GETTR' Has Millions Joining In Just 1 Week!

• Joe Rogan joins Gettr after Twitter bans Dr Robert Malone and Marjorie Taylor Greene:
    No need to follow anyone, only consider broadening (y)our horizon of possibilities ...

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ExomatrixTV For This Post:

Icare (11th January 2022), Spiral (9th January 2022)

5. Link to Post #23
    Canada Avalon Member Ernie Nemeth's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 36,599 times in 5,379 posts

I go to both Gab and Gettr each day.

Neither is very good. But then again I have never been to Twitter ever, or any of those other MSM controlled sites. I won't give them the business or give them the opportunity to ban me. Don't understand why anyone would.

On gab they talk of god incessantly, it's a bit much. And Torba is always going on about how great his platform is. They are making a parallel economy over there that is impressive, though.

At least on gettr you get all the big players posting most every day. But what happens there is you get the same bit of news posted to your home page over and over as it gets reposted by others. So the posts I read are redundant, sometimes being posted three or four times.

And of course, I don't really understand what I am doing over there so I quickly get sick of it and move on. I like Dr Wolfe and MTG posts that I often click on for more info. Unless it takes me to Twitter, which I refuse to ever enter.
    Empty your mind, be formless, shapeless — like water...Now water can flow or it can crash. Be water, my friend. Bruce Lee

Free will can only be as free as the mind that conceives it.

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Ernie Nemeth For This Post:

ExomatrixTV (9th January 2022), Icare (11th January 2022), Ivanhoe (10th January 2022), selinam (10th January 2022)

7. Link to Post #24
    Language
    Thanks

• Gettr & Moderation:

8. The Following User Says Thank You to ExomatrixTV For This Post:

9. Link to Post #25
    Language
    Thanks

Click image for larger version

Name:	14a9d009f84d3f10:1.jpg
Views:	15
Size:	107.8 KB
ID:	48259
    • Callum & Harry discuss the mass exodus from Twitter led by Joe Rogan, Sir Tony Blair and his dishonourable cohorts on the honours list, and leftists slowly abandoning Biden.
    https://odysee.com/@lotuseaters_com:...s-eaters-298:9 (no insert avalon embed this odysee video codes possible yet)

https://app.gettr.com/streaming/plpi1x717c (no insert avalon embed this video gettr codes possible yet)

Last edited by ExomatrixTV; 10th January 2022 at 13:35.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ExomatrixTV For This Post:

Icare (11th January 2022), selinam (10th January 2022)

11. Link to Post #26
    UK Moderator/Librarian/Administrator Tintin's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 46,592 times in 5,410 posts

Quote Posted by ExomatrixTV (here)
    Would it be possible to get (soon) also embed codes for GETTR posts (messages, pictures, posts, videos etc.) working on Project Avalon Forum just like other big Social Media Platforms?

That would be great

cheers,
    John
    I'm going to err on the side of caution here with GETTR as I'm suspicious of rushed to market solutions: in light of Dorsey recently stepping back and the sudden emergence of GETTR (and the little Babylonian flame on the logo )

There are also bonafide concerns over the sponsorship of GETTR from both Susie Dawson, and indeed Clif High who suspects CCP involvement. Further concerns have also been shared concerning the advertising, and data collection. I understand - rightly or wrongly - that email addresses, photo id (and cell numbers?) form part of the sign up requirements.

The speed of GETTR's appearance feels like a type of collusion somewhere and I'm wary. (Fools may rush in).

I'll need to do some of my own first hand research to be certain of this but I'd recommend that we don't pursue this at this time as an embed option on the forum
    Last edited by Tintin; 10th January 2022 at 13:27.
    “If a man does not keep pace with [fall into line with] his companions, perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer. Let him step to the music which he hears, however measured or far away.” - Thoreau

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Tintin For This Post:

Icare (11th January 2022), selinam (10th January 2022), Vicus (21st January 2022)

13. Link to Post #27
    Language
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Tintin (here)
    Would it be possible to get (soon) also embed codes for GETTR posts (messages, pictures, posts, videos etc.) working on Project Avalon Forum just like other big Social Media Platforms?

That would be great

cheers,
    John
    I'm going to err on the side of caution here with GETTR as I'm suspicious of rushed to market solutions: in light of Dorsey recently stepping back and the sudden emergence of GETTR (and the little Babylonian flame on the logo )

There are also bonafide concerns over the sponsorship of GETTR from both Susie Dawson, and indeed Clif High who suspects CCP involvement. Further concerns have also been shared concerning the advertising, and data collection. I understand - rightly or wrongly - that email addresses, photo id (and cell numbers?) form part of the sign up requirements.

The speed of GETTR's appearance feels like a type of collusion somewhere and I'm wary. (Fools may rush in).

I'll need to do some of my own first hand research to be certain of this but I'd recommend that we don't pursue this at this time as an embed option on the forum
    Meanwhile Project Avalon supports embedded codes to work for Twitter Youtube Instagram & Facebook ALL proven to be part (control tools) of the NWO Agenda lol

So any insulation/accusation towards gettr is a paradox to me ... we use it anyway for multiple valid reasons >>> so why boycott gettr and not Twitter, YT, FB & Instagram?
    Last edited by ExomatrixTV; 10th January 2022 at 14:06.

14. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ExomatrixTV For This Post:

Icare (11th January 2022), selinam (10th January 2022), Tintin (10th January 2022), Vicus (21st January 2022)

15. Link to Post #28
    Language
    English
    Thanks

That would be great

cheers,
    John

Meanwhile Avalon supports embedded codes t work for Twitter Youtube Instagram & Facebook ALL proven to be part of the NWO Agenda lol
    Well, yes, and millions use smartphone devices made in tyrannical regimes with which to access, well, just about every platform available
    “If a man does not keep pace with [fall into line with] his companions, perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer. Let him step to the music which he hears, however measured or far away.” - Thoreau

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Tintin For This Post:

Icare (11th January 2022), Yoda (10th January 2022)

17. Link to Post #29
    Language
    Thanks

That would be great

cheers,
    John

Quote Posted by Zionbrion (here)
    For what it’s worth Cliff High said to avoid GETTR that it’s a CCP op
    • Gettr Funded By Anti-CCP Chinese Billionaire:

I think Cliff High misread/misinterpreted/misjudged the claim ... and if he can not really back up his own assumption ... why spread his unfounded conclusions to others? .. share some hard facts we can study WHY it suppose to be a "CCP operation"!

youtube.com/c/clifhigh/videos <<< (nothing to be found about him dissing gettr).

if an accusation from a 3rd party is NOT backed up with real evidence ... it is just a bad rumor, slander, defamation etc. not serving real freedom interest.
    Last edited by ExomatrixTV; 10th January 2022 at 14:05.

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ExomatrixTV For This Post:

Icare (11th January 2022), Tintin (10th January 2022)

19. Link to Post #30
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Unsure on Clif there (his tweet here) - you may be right; I don't know how he reached his findings - but Suzie Dawson did a bit of drilling, on this thread.

Source: https://twitter.com/Suzi3D/status/1477479333698621440

20. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Tintin For This Post:

haroldsails (11th January 2022), Icare (11th January 2022), mountain_jim (11th January 2022), Vicus (10th January 2022)

21. Link to Post #31
    Language
    Thanks

Unsure on Clif there (his tweet here) - you may be right; I don't know how he reached his findings - but Suzie Dawson did a bit of drilling, on this thread.

Even so ... why boycott them but not Fakebook, Twatter, Instagrim & ScrwTube doing worse!

Data Mining can be done even without (y)our knowledge & consent on 1000s of platforms ... it is a given! <<< Does not scare me at all for other reasons!

Data Mining can be down via so many other means ... the list is long ... to assume you can prevent that is hilarious to me ... Can you guarantee Project Avalon Data & Members not be "data mined" <<< if you can I am all ears! ... But if not, I do not blame Project Avalon but among others: Hackers, NSA, CIA, FBI, DoD, MI5/MI6, Mossad etc. etc. finding ways to bypass any so called cyber security measures controversial website & platforms use.
    Last edited by ExomatrixTV; 10th January 2022 at 16:38.

22. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ExomatrixTV For This Post:

haroldsails (11th January 2022), Icare (11th January 2022), Vicus (10th January 2022)

23. Link to Post #32
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Even so ... why boycott them but not Fakebook, Twatter, Instagrim & ScrwTube doing worse!

Data Mining can be done even without (y)our knowledge & consent on 1000s of platforms ... it is a given! <<< Does not scare me at all for other reasons!

Data Mining can be down via so many other means ... the list is long ... to assume you can prevent that is hilarious to me.
    Just to be clear: there's no boycott going on here, honestly. I just want to be very certain before committing to something so new that may not be all it seems. I'm not ruling it out, just approaching cautiously, that is all

It's possible that there's nothing to worry about and we can technically make it possible, just not immediately

24. The Following User Says Thank You to Tintin For This Post:

haroldsails (11th January 2022)

25. Link to Post #33
    Language
    Thanks

Data Mining can be down via so many other means ... the list is long ... to assume you can prevent that is hilarious to me.
    Just to be clear: there's no boycott going on here, honestly. I just want to be very certain before committing to something so new that may not be all it seems. I'm not ruling it out, just approaching cautiously, that is all

It's possible that there's nothing to worry about and we can technically make it possible, just not immediately
    ok, we will see

Data Mining can be down via so many other means ... the list is long ... to assume you can prevent that is hilarious to me ... Can you guarantee Project Avalon Data & Members not be "data mined" <<< if you can I am all ears! ... But if not, I do not blame Project Avalon but among others: Hackers, NSA, CIA, FBI, DoD, MI5/MI6, Mossad etc. etc. finding ways to bypass any so called cyber security measures controversial website & platforms use.

cheers,
    John
    Last edited by ExomatrixTV; 10th January 2022 at 16:39.

26. The Following User Says Thank You to ExomatrixTV For This Post:

Icare (13th January 2022)

27. Link to Post #34
    Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 33,454 times in 4,331 posts

28. The Following User Says Thank You to Gwin Ru For This Post:

29. Link to Post #35
    Language
    Thanks

Lightbulb Re: Twitter-Alternative Breakthrough and Game Changer 'GETTR' Has Millions Joining In Just 1 Week!

Everything is context ... they do NOT show you the full spectrum with all the necessary credible unbiased trusted sources ... on op of that, I never ever will relay on sites like: "nationalfile" (you shared) to make a judgment or "final conclusion" <<< it can not be more shallower if I did that.

Sincere question:
    • Can any (new alternative) social-media platform (good & bad) make unintended mistakes? ... Sure they can, even the best do that! ... That is why I am careful not jumping/joining any discourage/dismissal agenda/campaign.
    And I hope there will be even more other successful (professional, good working) twitter-alternatives than gettr. Where there is TRUE engagement mechanisms without mass A.I. Algorithms intervening.

I truly wonder how many extreme leftists loves to pose as "right-wing patriots" on gettr to show how "evil" they are (by ACTING like "them") and on top of that: when (rightfully) banned they may even celebrate "the banning" to stir up the conservative/libertarian movement hoping they take the bait en make it go viral ... (which I am not part of nor the other side, am just a Dutch guy).
    • I do understand being cautious & healthy skeptical ... but at the same time you have people (sites) who love to downplay anything new by default especially when something is hyped ... I was like that too (being highly allergic to hyped conversations) for years until I realize how easy it is to fall for a certain rhetoric serving a perpetual pessimistic worldviews of doom/permanent negative thinking serving nobody but the controllers.
    cheers,
    John
    Last edited by ExomatrixTV; 10th January 2022 at 16:43.

30. The Following User Says Thank You to ExomatrixTV For This Post:

31. Link to Post #36
    Language
    Thanks

• Tucker Carlson joins GETTR
    Carlson, who hosts the mega-popular nightly show Tucker Carlson Tonight, is one of the hundreds of thousands that have flocked to the website in recent weeks.

source

32. The Following User Says Thank You to ExomatrixTV For This Post:

33. Link to Post #37
    Thanks
    Thanked 77,630 times in 8,592 posts

https://gab.com/a/posts/107600256849908589

Quote Andrew Torba ✝️
    @a

I just emailed President Trump's team.

I was reading some articles this afternoon that mentioned Truth Social will be delayed until after the midterms. I think it's crucial that the President have his voice online during this election cycle, which is why we will continue to mirror all of his emailed statements to the reserved Gab account we have for him here: @realdonaldtrump This is something that we have been doing since the day he got banned by Big Tech one year ago.

The engagement the account receives is incredible and ends up being shared widely across the internet both on and off of Gab. It has also been cited many times by the press over the past year because Gab is the only platform on the internet that has President Trump's statements in near real time.

I know personally the challenges of launching, building, and scaling a social media platform for tens of millions of people. I am glad that like us, the President is taking on Big Tech. The less people using Silicon Valley platforms the better.

If at any time the President wants access to the Gab account in order to publish statements directly he is welcome to it. Over the past year Gab has invested a significant amount of capital into expanding our self-hosted infrastructure to handle the massive growth that we expect to experience this year. Gab is the only Silicon Valley alternative with the resiliency and infrastructure to handle President Trump actively using it daily.

The choice is his. He can have his voice back online in 30 seconds.

We will be here.
    8,052 likes
    1,205 com

(a sentiment often expressed in the comments is that Jared Kushner will not allow Trump to use Gab:

Quote because we don't censor truthful Israeli and Jewish supremacism.
    )
    Last edited by mountain_jim; 11th January 2022 at 03:16.
    I don't believe anything, but I have many suspicions. - Robert Anton Wilson

The present as you think of it, and in practical working terms, is that point at which you select your physical experience from all those events that could be materialized. - Seth (The Nature of Personal Reality - Session 656, Page 293)

(avatar image: Brocken spectre, a wonderful phenomenon of nature I have experienced and a symbol for my aspirations.)

34. The Following User Says Thank You to mountain_jim For This Post:

Icare (13th January 2022)

35. Link to Post #38
    Thanks
    Thanked 77,630 times in 8,592 posts

Update via Gab News email from Gab founder

Quote Joe Rogan Blasts Gettr's Grift

Just days after joining the grift operation Gettr, Joe Rogan slammed the platform this week calling it “fugazi” and was questioning live on his show about how to leave the platform. As I mentioned earlier this week former CNN contributor Jason Miller’s Chinese billionaire-funded Gettr is falsely claiming to be a “free speech” platform and an alternative to Big Tech, but nothing could be further from the truth.

Gettr not only depends on Amazon AWS for hosting along with Apple and Google App Stores for distribution, but the app is also tracking users for Facebook and Google according to a bombshell report from Talk Liberation Investigates.

As I have written in the past I have no problem with competition. Competition is great and encourages our team to work harder to provide the best product on the market. What I do have a problem with is grifters, hypocrites, and liars. I have a problem with foreign billionaires trying to astroturf Christians and conservatives into a Big Tech honeypot. I know many good and decent people will be signing up for Gettr at the behest of the talking heads they trust on Fox News and elsewhere. I think they deserve to know exactly what they are getting into.

Some Key Findings from the report include:

-Numerous trackers from Facebook, Google, and other third parties are embedded in GETTR web and smartphone apps.

-App permissions facilitate the surveillance of a wide variety of information about GETTR users, including fine-grained behavior and location data. This data is then used to profile users and shared with third parties.

-“Getome,” a previous version of the GETTR app that targeted Chinese-language audiences, is still published in Google Play and effectively provides a backdoor to GETTR. Users can log in and interact on the GETTR network via the Getome app, bypassing updates on the newer application.

-Content on GETTR such as news is loaded directly from external sources, opening connections between GETTR users to dozens of domains. This introduces serious privacy and security risks. Some of this content is delivered via unencrypted HTTP, further jeopardizing users.

-GETTR infrastructure is hosted by cloud vendors such as Amazon AWS and company email accounts are hosted by Google.

On top of this report, there has been extensive coverage about Gettr’s rampant censorship.

Gettr is already banning America First patriots for no reason.

Gettr is shadowbanning reporters who ask why.

Gettr is banning certain words they do not like.

Gettr is using Artificial Intelligence to ban “hate speech” just like Facebook and Twitter.

Gettr banned a black conservative for using a word they didn’t like in his account bio.

Another fake in the alternative technology space is Rumble.

Rumble positions themselves as the “free speech” Youtube alternative. Conservative talking heads from Fox News have been pushing it for the past year and earlier this summer President Trump joined the platform. On the day that President Trump joined the platform Rumble updated their terms of service to ban “hate speech.”

I was watching an interview with Tim Pool and the CEO of Rumble last night and it was really something. Tim pressed him on why their terms of service are exactly the same as Big Tech’s by banning things like “hate speech.” He correctly stated that Rumble is adopting the censorship language of the left.

The CEO of Rumble said that their terms of service are “legacy” from when they launched in 2013 (which is a lie because they added the hate speech rules on the day President Trump joined Rumble recently,) and mentioned three times that they have to ban “hate speech” in order to stay on the Apple and Google app stores.

So the reality is Rumble and Gettr are platforms that are de facto owned and operated by Apple and Google. If you have the same Silicon Valley rules in order to play in the Silicon Valley sandbox, you are necessarily part of the Silicon Valley swamp.

If you see someone promoting Gettr or Rumble as a “free speech alternatives to Big Tech” feel free to send them the information on this post, and then tell them about Gab.com. The home of free speech online with the battle scars to prove it.
    These are problems Gab doesn’t have, because unlike Rumble, Parler, and Gettr: Gab has a backbone and principles.

Gab is a First Amendment company which means we tolerate “offensive” but legal speech. We believe that a moderation policy which adheres to the First Amendment, thereby permitting offensive content to rise to the surface, is a valuable and necessary utility to society.

It allows unorthodox but correct views, such as the Wuhan Lab Origin Theory that was banned on Twitter and YouTube but permitted on Gab, to propagate.

It allows hateful ideas, such as anti-White CRT, to be exposed and subject to scrutiny and challenge. It also allows Americans, and others around the world, to enjoy the full measure of their human right to speak freely online.

Gab is the ONLY platform that stood up to censorship and said NO to:

–Apple and Google

–Visa, Paypal, and dozens of processors

-Cloud hosting providers

-Email services

–Banks

-The mainstream media

–The nation state of Germany

-The ADL and SPLC

-Fellow “conservatives”

–Congress

We don’t just talk the talk, we walk the walk. If you want to offer the world a free speech platform you’re going to pay the consequences. You need to be willing to take heat from Apple, Google, banks, and even foreign governments. Gab did, and will continue to do so.
    Which is why Gab is the number one free speech alternative to Big Tech. Period.
    Andrew Torba

Last edited by mountain_jim; 13th January 2022 at 21:50.
    I don't believe anything, but I have many suspicions. - Robert Anton Wilson

The present as you think of it, and in practical working terms, is that point at which you select your physical experience from all those events that could be materialized. - Seth (The Nature of Personal Reality - Session 656, Page 293)

(avatar image: Brocken spectre, a wonderful phenomenon of nature I have experienced and a symbol for my aspirations.)

36. Link to Post #39
    Language
    Thanks

• Timcast IRL - Calls For Biden REMOVAL Over Mental Failing After INSANE Presser w/Jason Miller:

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2