+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 3 visible zodiacs of stars, one shared by all, one personal, and one tribal

1. Link to Post #1
    Great Britain Avalon Member ian33's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,280 times in 463 posts

Default 3 zodiacs of stars, one shared by all, one personal, and one tribal

i am now considering 3 different zodiacs, all defined by stars
    ..the first follows the ecliptic..it is used by vedic, and western sidereal astrologers
    the 2nd follows the line of the horizon from east to south to west to north and back, all the way round...whichever constellation and stars are sitting along the birth horizon..this gives everyone a personal zodiac without even considering the location of
    the planets
    ...for example mine starts at VIRGO in the east, HYDRA the water snake comes next. then COLUMBA the dove of noah, and the tip of a boat ARGO on the south horizon
    next comes the celestial river ERIDANUS
    CETUS in the west, PEGASUS and CYGNUS, then, LYRA in the north, HERCULES, CORONA BOREALIS, followed by the bear guard BOOTES.....

..next the OVERSTAR zodiac the one that passes directly above, defined by the latitude of the location
    ...for example i was born 54N so the stars/constellations on the 54N degrees of declination on the star map. giving more of a tribal zodiac, because all people born locally have the same zodiac passing directly vertically above, so they bring a spiritual connection through the tribe
    ..mine is GREAT BEAR, LYNX, PERSEUS, CASSIOPEIA,, and DRACO
    ...makes perfect sense to me somewhat beyond words
    Last edited by ian33; 23rd January 2022 at 06:12.

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ian33 For This Post:

cursichella1 (26th January 2022), Journeyman (23rd January 2022), leavesoftrees (23rd January 2022), tessfreq (24th January 2022)

3. Link to Post #2
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,984 times in 463 posts

Default Re: 3 visible zodiacs of stars, one shared by all, one personal, and one tribal

How do you interpret the constellations that are not part of the zodiac? I guess by their relation to mythology

4. The Following User Says Thank You to leavesoftrees For This Post:

ian33 (23rd January 2022)

5. Link to Post #3
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Default Re: 3 visible zodiacs of stars, one shared by all, one personal, and one tribal

Quote Posted by leavesoftrees (here)
    How do you interpret the constellations that are not part of the zodiac? I guess by their relation to mythology
    ..as i said, beyond words on my part
    but yes mythology, and personal association with the animals, humans and symbols
    you would need to look at your horizon wheel to understand any possible affinity with the constellations
    the directions are crucial for interpretation...east is incoming energy rising, west the symbol is setting, south culminating, highest profile...just like the houses...
    there are no rules, unless you know of someone else who has researched this line of thought...to be clear this is a new idea for me, to be considered or not..
    ..before horoscopy people didnt have books or charts/tables, they had the sky and their imagination intact..stories passed on through storytelling..
    ..i think the best way to understand the stars and constellations, is to stand under them, gaze and attune
    ..words can be learned, but understanding is a process of exploration and discovery, an individual thing
    Last edited by ian33; 23rd January 2022 at 09:19.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to ian33 For This Post:

leavesoftrees (24th January 2022)

7. Link to Post #4
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,212 times in 1,146 posts

Not sure if this is the same idea but the second zodiac you mention, the constellations lying along the birth horizon is similar to something I found by Lavette Hawkins. I found Pisces rising at dawn on my birthday which puts me on the mutable cross:

Quote Posted by ian33 (here)
    there are no rules, unless you know of someone else who has researched this line of thought...to be clear this is a new idea for me, to be considered or not..

After learning from you about the influence and importance of fixed stars I did find this book: https://www.amazon.co.uk/Fixed-Stars.../dp/1933303131 , not sure if it will help, but I'm holding off in any case until I get a better understanding of the basics.

8. Link to Post #5
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Journeyman (here)
    Not sure if this is the same idea but the second zodiac you mention, the constellations lying along the birth horizon is similar to something I found by Lavette Hawkins. I found Pisces rising at dawn on my birthday which puts me on the mutable cross:

Quote Posted by ian33 (here)

After learning from you about the influence and importance of fixed stars I did find this book: https://www.amazon.co.uk/Fixed-Stars.../dp/1933303131 , not sure if it will help, but I'm holding off in any case until I get a better understanding of the basics.

..lavette hawkins appears to be a tropical astrologer, which has nothing to do with the stars or constellations
    the vivian robson book however i have had for over 40 years,,it was a close friend of his that did my past life astro reading, and advised me to study vedic(sidereal) astrology, which i did..he also told me not to worry, as my studies i would remember in my next life when things would have advanced enough for me to be accepted, and be of service..great advice, as was his past lives explanation of my karma which has affected me in this life

9. The Following User Says Thank You to ian33 For This Post:

leavesoftrees (24th January 2022)

+ Reply to Thread