Thanks
    Thanked 116,088 times in 20,639 posts

Default Re: New Inventions and Technology

Randall Carlson Finally Reveals Proof of Ancient Lightning Bolt Technology
    Danny Jones
    704K subscribers
    Premiered Sep 25, 2023
    KONCRETE Podcast S1 E202

"Randall Carlson is a geometrician, geomythologist, geological explorer and renegade scholar. Randall investigates and documents the catastrophic history of the world and the evidence for advanced knowledge in earlier cultures."

alienscientist re-stream The REAL Reason Joe Rogan Never Released the Malcolm Bendall Interview...
    Crypto Alchemist
    8.87K subscribers
    Started streaming 69 minutes ago 9/26/23

"In the first segment of his recent interview with Danny Jones, Randall Carlson reveals what he saw happen during the Joe Rogan interview with Malcolm Bendall.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IogPB...

Who Persuaded Joe to Approach the interview this way, thus sabotaging the discussions of the science and the sourcing...?

Will Joe Rogan conduct a new interview, after the apparent "Revelation" he had in the 4th quarter... When Jamie started looking up the science and some stuff was actually checking out? (according to Carlson)

Tonight we discuss this and more...
    Each breath a gift...

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to onawah For This Post:

Bill Ryan (27th September 2023), CurEus (26th October 2023), Harmony (27th September 2023), Johnnycomelately (6th March 2024), Reinhard (6th December 2023)

3. Link to Post #42
    United States Avalon Member onawah's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks

HUGE NEWS! Toyota CEO Shocking WARNING To All EV Makers!
    ChargeDrive
    10.3K subscribers
    Oct 19, 2023

"Are EVs A SCAM!? Toyota CEO just leaked a shocking warning that left all EV makers angry but had combustion car enthusiasts thrilled. Their new CEO, Koji Sato, is definitely not an EV lover and absolutely HATES the idea of going all-electric. But then why is Toyota suddenly pushing EVs? Because world leaders are FORCING them to! Despite this backlash, Toyota has silently been experimenting with a radically new type of fuel that could literally destroy the entire EV agenda, and save combustion engines from getting banned. Why is Toyota’s CEO so skeptical about EVs? What doesn’t the world want you to find out about electrification? And when will their new alternative fuel come out?"

Each breath a gift...

4. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to onawah For This Post:

Bill Ryan (25th October 2023), Ewan (26th October 2023), Johnnycomelately (6th March 2024), Pam (23rd November 2023), Vangelo (23rd November 2023)

5. Link to Post #43
    Thanks
    Thanked 457,519 times in 32,788 posts

A fascinating, fun compilation. I lost count of how many highly entertaining short clips there were in this 50 minute video, but there must be 100 or more.

Amazing Inventions You Should See : Compilation

6. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Bill Ryan For This Post:

Alecs (17th January 2024), Ivanhoe (24th November 2023), Johnnycomelately (6th March 2024), kudzy (28th October 2023), onawah (28th October 2023), Pam (23rd November 2023), Parsi-X (26th October 2023), Peace in Oz (29th October 2023), Yoda (25th October 2023)

7. Link to Post #44
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Toyota CEO: This New Engine Will Destroy The Entire EV Industry!
    Electric
    137K subscribers
    Sep 8, 2023

"Get ready to dive into the future of Toyota as it's developing a new Water powered engine to destroy its competition. in today's video, we will explore the concept of Water Engines and its plan to dominate the entire automotive industry with its help."

Last edited by onawah; 23rd November 2023 at 06:55.
    Each breath a gift...

8. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to onawah For This Post:

Bill Ryan (6th December 2023), Docim369 (23rd November 2023), Ewan (23rd November 2023), Johnnycomelately (6th March 2024), Pam (23rd November 2023), shaberon (23rd November 2023), Yoda (23rd November 2023)

9. Link to Post #45
    United States Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 21,499 times in 4,009 posts

It is the Hindenburg called the 2023 Mirai:

How Does It Create Electricity?

At the core of Mirai, hydrogen from the fuel tank and air entering from the intake grille meet in the Fuel Cell Stack. There, a chemical reaction involving the oxygen in the air and hydrogen creates electricity—powering Mirai. In the end, the only by-product is water.

How Do I Fill Up Mirai?

Refueling Mirai is simple. There’s a pump and a nozzle, just like at a gasoline station. As you pump in the hydrogen, it travels to carbon-fiber-reinforced fuel tanks where it’s stored.

Yes, the principle is simple. Now depends on a network of hydrogen pumps. You are driving around a tank of hydrogen.

A more complex system would take in water, and simply convert a small hydrogen stream on an on-demand basis. That would be completely safe. This one seems to me would be great for trains and buses, but, I am not sure it will make people any better drivers. The tank is said to be five times stronger than steel, so, I guess that has been deemed adequate.

Concerning the stations, I am not sure if maybe you could easily capture hydrogen from a bio-diesel process, so, for example, there could be mom and pop startups and anyone can make hydrogen however they want, provided the result is correct.

IEA:

Using renewable electricity to produce hydrogen costs USD 3 to USD 8 per kg.

A few Quora responses include why I never pursued tinkering with it in terms of a piston engine:

It embrittles metals...

There are a number of responses in varying degrees of negativity about a "hydrogen economy"; this perhaps is a reasonable summary from R. Singh:

Quote As of my knowledge, the cost of producing hydrogen varies depending on the production method. The primary methods of hydrogen production include steam methane reforming (SMR), electrolysis, and coal gasification. The cost of hydrogen production can also be influenced by factors such as feedstock prices, energy costs, capital investment, and economies of scale.

At that time, SMR was the most common method, accounting for the majority of hydrogen production worldwide. SMR costs were around $1-2 per kilogram of hydrogen, depending on the price of natural gas. Electrolysis, which produces hydrogen by splitting water molecules using electricity, was typically more expensive, ranging from $3 to $7 per kilogram. Coal gasification was also in use but less common due to environmental concerns.

However, it's important to note that the cost of hydrogen production has been decreasing over time due to several factors, including technological advancements, improved efficiency, and increased deployment. As the industry scales up and benefits from economies of scale, the cost of producing hydrogen is expected to decrease further.

Increased supply can lead to a reduction in the price of hydrogen over time through various mechanisms. Firstly, scaling up hydrogen production facilities allows for larger production volumes, enabling cost savings due to economies of scale. As production capacity increases, manufacturers can negotiate better deals for raw materials, equipment, and energy supply, leading to lower costs.

Additionally, advancements in technology and process optimization can enhance the efficiency of hydrogen production methods, reducing energy requirements and associated costs. Research and development efforts focused on improving electrolysis technologies, such as proton exchange membrane (PEM) and solid oxide electrolysis cells (SOEC), aim to make electrolytic hydrogen production more cost-effective.

Moreover, as the hydrogen industry matures and attracts more investments, there will likely be increased competition among producers. This competition, coupled with improvements in production methods, can further drive down costs and lead to a decline in hydrogen prices.

It's worth noting that the cost of hydrogen is also influenced by other factors beyond production, such as storage, transportation, and distribution. Advances in hydrogen storage technologies and infrastructure development can help optimize these aspects, contributing to the overall cost reduction of hydrogen.

Department of Energy on SMR:

Most hydrogen produced today in the United States is made via steam-methane reforming, a mature production process in which high-temperature steam (700°C–1,000°C) is used to produce hydrogen from a methane source, such as natural gas.

Quote Although today most hydrogen is produced from natural gas, the Hydrogen and Fuel Cell Technologies Office is exploring a variety of ways to produce hydrogen from renewable resources.

Why Is This Pathway Being Considered?

Reforming low-cost natural gas can provide hydrogen today for fuel cell electric vehicles (FCEVs) as well as other applications. Over the long term, DOE expects that hydrogen production from natural gas will be augmented with production from renewable, nuclear, coal (with carbon capture and storage), and other low-carbon, domestic energy resources.

Petroleum use and emissions are lower than for gasoline-powered internal combustion engine vehicles. The only product from an FCEV tailpipe is water vapor but even with the upstream process of producing hydrogen from natural gas as well as delivering and storing it for use in FCEVs, the total greenhouse gas emissions are cut in half and petroleum is reduced over 90% compared to today's gasoline vehicles.

Or, maybe if we think along in unison, we can build an antenna so the car will pull its own hydrogen from wherever it comes from.

Current state of the network:

Quote California has 35 publicly available refueling stations. While there are only two that I know of on the east coast, B.C. Wash, OR and OH are all clamoring to get their own stations as well.

A 1,000 kg/day hydrogen refueling stations was recently announced for the port of LA. There battery and fuel cell powered class 7 trucks will be evaluated side by side for the next few years.

It is likely that both will find niches there with batteries being more practical for the short drive along the Alameda Corridor, and fuel cells making more sense for the drive to the Inland Empire. We’ll have a better picture a couple of years from now.

So, the hydrogen economy is moving forward, finding its niche. It’s not moving as fast as people thought it would back in 2000, but it’s moving a lot faster than people thought it would in 2010.

If you can come up with a clever way to make 1,000 kg/day, you could run a station. Hydrogen is lighter than air so, that is a tremendous volume, maybe a few miles? So you might ought to compress it, and, with a hand pump, you could do that for the rest of your life.

This is worth research and investment. The engine per se is archaic:

Over two hundred years ago in 1806, Swiss engineer François Isaac de Rivaz invented an internal combustion engine that used a mixture of hydrogen and oxygen as fuel.

Here is a photo archive of multiple models, including the 1960s where they literally strapped hydrogen tanks on the roof of the car.

But yes, in order for Toyota to roll something out that would at least be effective in California, then something has, so to speak, "clicked".

Comparatively, they have put in a Charging Station in the parking lot where I work, and there are about a dozen chargers. It doesn't get much use, but, there is some. The most I have seen is three cars charging at once. I'm guessing they are hybrids. If I remember rightly, the transformer box said 20,000 Amps...it's not a toy.

10. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to shaberon For This Post:

Bill Ryan (6th December 2023), Ewan (23rd November 2023), Ivanhoe (24th November 2023), Johnnycomelately (6th March 2024), onawah (24th November 2023), Pam (23rd November 2023), Yoda (23rd November 2023)

11. Link to Post #46
    Language
    English
    Thanks

F2F Radio/WING Generator & James McCanney
    James Arthur Jancik
    1.96K subscribers
    Mar 11, 2018

(This is from 5 years ago, but McCanney was always ahead of his time, and his invention is still a better and safer one to date than the current wind farms. Also see: https://projectavalon.net/forum4/sho...ney#post690849 )

"Interview with James McCanney, M.S. edited to only talk on his new WING Generator that is revolutionizing wind power electric generation and its ramifications for expanding the role of electricity in autos and trucks, fresh water production, home heating and cooling.
    http://www.jmccanneyscience.com "

Each breath a gift...

12. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to onawah For This Post:

Bill Ryan (6th December 2023), Ewan (24th November 2023), Ivanhoe (24th November 2023), Johnnycomelately (6th March 2024), Vangelo (17th January 2024), Yoda (24th November 2023)

13. Link to Post #47
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,103 times in 806 posts

The ICE REVOLUTION is upon us with Toyota's groundbreaking W-Piston innovation. Pioneering the way forward, these free-piston internal combustion engines have redefined vehicular power, bringing forth an astonishing 50% efficiency unheard of in the industry. They operate as motor generators within electric vehicles, translating fuel energy directly into electricity. Compact, light, yet immensely powerful, these new engines eclipse traditional alternatives, paving the way for a more energy-efficient, eco-friendly future in the automotive sector.
    For free society!

14. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Hughe For This Post:

Arcturian108 (6th December 2023), Bill Ryan (6th December 2023), ClearWater (6th December 2023), Ewan (6th December 2023), Johnnycomelately (6th March 2024), meat suit (6th December 2023), Peace in Oz (7th December 2023), Ricker (7th December 2023), Vangelo (17th January 2024), Yoda (16th January 2024)

15. Link to Post #48
    Thanks
    Thanked 457,519 times in 32,788 posts

Not really 'new' as such, just a very clever application of regular printer technology. (But, Wow )

For those who can't see telegram posts, this 20 second video shows a printer creating a huge high-quality image painted on a wall.

https://t.me/myLordBebo/19919

16. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Bill Ryan For This Post:

avid (16th January 2024), Johnnycomelately (6th March 2024), kudzy (16th January 2024), Miller (5th March 2024), NancyV (16th January 2024), onevoice (17th January 2024), thepainterdoug (16th January 2024), Vangelo (17th January 2024), wegge (6th March 2024), Yoda (16th January 2024)

17. Link to Post #49
    United States Avalon Member thepainterdoug's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 33,162 times in 3,159 posts

bill

thanks. yes the tech is wild. There was a time I was concerned and actually pissed about this, being a visual artist and composer of music. But now, I welcome it.

when he was alive, I was friends with the artist Chuck Close, and he told me, whatever every creative person is doing by way of ease? do the opposite. Most people want a short cut, and when everyone gets on to it, it all looks the same.

it is not seamless exactness that captivates me, its the fragility of the human hand striving for that exactness. thats why i love old sci fi movies from the 50ies, Ray Harryhausen claymation effects like in Jason and the Argonauts. king Kong original is so great, and the modern remakes stink

I saw a golf invention that could hit a ball off the tee 300 yards straight. now imagine everyone with one? ho hum, another human endeavor ruined

18. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to thepainterdoug For This Post:

Bill Ryan (16th January 2024), Delight (5th March 2024), Johnnycomelately (6th March 2024), Vangelo (17th January 2024)

19. Link to Post #50
    Thanks
    Thanked 39,308 times in 5,717 posts

These are very fascinating and though long have valuable details.

SUPPRESSED Technologies, Their Inventors ELIMINATED

Forbidden Technologies and The Silencing of Their Inventors

20. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Delight For This Post:

Alekahn2 (6th March 2024), Ewan (6th March 2024), Johnnycomelately (6th March 2024), Miller (5th March 2024), Vangelo (6th March 2024)

21. Link to Post #51
    Canada Avalon Member Johnnycomelately's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,577 times in 981 posts

Quote Posted by thepainterdoug (here)
    bill

thanks. yes the tech is wild. There was a time I was concerned and actually pissed about this, being a visual artist and composer of music. But now, I welcome it.

when he was alive, I was friends with the artist Chuck Close, and he told me, whatever every creative person is doing by way of ease? do the opposite. Most people want a short cut, and when everyone gets on to it, it all looks the same.

it is not seamless exactness that captivates me, its the fragility of the human hand striving for that exactness. thats why i love old sci fi movies from the 50ies, Ray Harryhausen claymation effects like in Jason and the Argonauts. king Kong original is so great, and the modern remakes stink

I saw a golf invention that could hit a ball off the tee 300 yards straight. now imagine everyone with one? ho hum, another human endeavor ruined
    Hi Mr. Auld. I find your take profound, and it feels redeeming, and refreshing.

No matter what might be called imperfect, in art or even on the canvas of one’s daily life, the details tell the deeper story.

About “AI”, which is where this is going IMO, we might be able to mess with their databases. Like, they ‘Hoover up’ their data from the Internet, so maybe we could plant a mass of ‘poison’ data and make them look like idiots. Their “hallucinations” are already a thing lol. I’m hoping for an OK future, but we’ll have to be both vigilant and creative. Maybe like how humans survived against big fast predators here in North America not that long ago, and the extinction event itself. I think we have it in us.

22. Link to Post #52
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,828 times in 458 posts

Quote Posted by thepainterdoug (here)
    bill

On the tech and artist aspect Burroughs still rings in my mind, saying that every artist should be at the forefront of the technology in his respective day and age (thinking about his wild experiments with sound recorders)
    My book on the philosophy and power of imagination and how to train yours:
    www.jinn-imagio.de/book

23. The Following User Says Thank You to wegge For This Post:

Johnnycomelately (7th March 2024)

24. Link to Post #53
    Thanks
    Thanked 18,950 times in 2,388 posts

This is 'old' news already, from 2021!

Quote A team of researchers from Princeton and the University of Washington created a new camera that captures stunning images and measures in at only a half-millimeter—the size of a coarse grain of salt.

The new study, published in Nature Communications, outlines the use of optical metasurfaces with machine learning to produce high-quality color imagery, with a wide field of view. The device could be used across industries ranging from robotics to most notably the medical field, to help with disease diagnosis.

Optical metasurfaces rely on a new method of light manipulation, using cylindrical posts set on a small, square surface. The posts, which vary in geometry, work like antennas that can capture incoming photons (waves of electromagnetic radiation). These waves are then sent as signals from the metasurface to a computer to interpret and produce an image.
    A graphic showing how a traditional camera with 6 lenses and a sensor works versus neural non-optics that illustrates a metasurface, sensor area, and software processing phase to create an image.
    Figure 1. Comparison of a conventional lens versus neural nano-optics. Courtesy of Princeton Computational Imaging Lab.

Tiny cameras offer vast potential for medical use, from brain imaging to minimally invasive endoscopies. But, up to this point, the technology has captured blurry, distorted images, with a limited field of view.

The researchers employed neural nano-optics—which combines optical metasurfaces with neural feature-based image reconstruction—to interpret the data and produce higher-quality images.

“To recover images from the measured data, we propose a feature-based deconvolution method that employs a differentiable inverse filter together with neural networks for feature extraction and refinement,” said senior author Felix Heide, an assistant professor of computer science at Princeton.

The team tested machine-learning algorithms with a simulator, comparing different configurations of the antennas. With 1.6 million cylinders on the optical surface and complex light interactions, the simulations demand massive amounts of memory.

The algorithm was tested and trained using the cuDNN-accelerated TensorFlow deep learning framework with an NVIDIA P100 GPU. The result is a new system capable of producing images comparable to a modern camera lens, from a device 500,000 times smaller. According to the study, the new camera is also 10 times better at filtering out errors than previous techniques.
    Figure 2. A video comparing an image taken by the nano-camera (right) and the previous best (left). Courtesy of Princeton Computational Imaging Lab.

“It’s been a challenge to design and configure these little microstructures to do what you want,” Ethan Tseng, a computer science Ph.D. student at Princeton and study co-lead said in a press release. “For this specific task of capturing large field of view RGB images, it’s challenging because there are millions of these little microstructures, and it’s not clear how to design them in an optimal way.”

The team is now working to add more computational abilities to the camera and envisions features such as object detection and sensors for medicine or robotics in future iterations. Beyond that, they see a use case where ultra-compact imagers turn surfaces into sensors.

“We could turn individual surfaces into cameras that have ultra-high resolution. So you wouldn’t need three cameras on the back of your phone anymore, but the whole back of your phone would become one giant camera. We can think of completely different ways to build devices in the future,” said Heide.
    AI can now recognise a painter from examining brushstrokes. 2022

Quote Spotting painting forgeries just became a bit easier with a newly developed AI tool that picks up style differences with precision down to a single paintbrush bristle. The research, from a team at Case Western Reserve University (CWRU), trained convolutional neural networks to learn and identify a painter based on the 3D topography of a painting. This work could help historians and art experts distinguish between artists in collaborative pieces, and find fraudulent copies.

There are several methods to authenticating antique paintings. Experts often evaluate the style and condition of materials and use scientific methods such as microscopic analysis, infrared spectroscopy, and reflectography.

However, these exhaustive methods are time-consuming and can result in errors. They also cannot identify multiple painters of one piece of art. According to the study, painters such as El Greco and Rembrandt often employed workshops of artists to paint parts of a canvas in the same style as their own, making individual contributions unclear.

While analyzing artwork with machine learning is a relatively new field, recent studies have focused on combining AI methods with high-resolution images of paintings to learn a painter’s style and identify an artist. The researchers hypothesized that 3D analysis could hold even more data than an image, where features such as brushwork patterns along with paint deposition and drying methods could serve as an artist’s unique fingerprint.

“3D topography is a new way for AI to ‘see’ a painting,” senior author Kenneth Singer, the Ambrose Swasey Professor of Physics at CWRU, said in a press release.

Extracting topographical data from a surface with an optical profiler, the researchers scanned 12 paintings of the same scene, painted with identical materials, but by four different artists. Sampling small square patches of the art, approximately 5 to 15 mm, the optical profiler detects and logs minute changes on a surface, which can be attributed to how someone holds and uses a paintbrush.

They then trained an ensemble of convolutional neural networks to find patterns in the small patches, sampling between 160 to 1,440 patches for each of the artists. Using NVIDIA GPUs with cuDNN-accelerated deep learning frameworks, the algorithm matches the samples back to a single painter.

The team tested the algorithm against 180 patches of an artist’s painting, matching the samples back to a painter at about 95% accuracy.

According to coauthor Michael Hinczewski, the Warren E. Rupp Associate Professor of Physics at CWRU, the ability to work with such small training sets is promising for later art historical applications with limited training datasets.
    Figure 1: Overview of the data acquisition workflow and an ensemble of convolutional neural networks used to assign artist attribution probabilities to each patch. Credit: Ji, F., McMaster, M.S., Schwab, S. et al./Herit Sci

“Most of the other studies using AI for art attribution are focused on photos of entire paintings,” said Hinczewski. “We broke the painting down into virtual patches ranging from one-half millimeter to a few centimeters square. So we no longer even have information about the subject matter—but we can accurately predict who painted it from an individual patch. That’s amazing.”

Based on their findings the researchers view surface topography as an additional tool for attribution and forgery detection using an unbiased and quantitative analysis. In a collaboration with art conservation company Factum Arte based in Madrid, the team is working on artist workshop attribution and conservation studies on several works of the Spanish Renaissance painter El Greco.

The data and code associated with the research are available through GitHub. The work is a joint effort between researchers from the CWRU Department of Art History and Art, Cleveland Institute of Art, and the Cleveland Museum of Art.
    Finally, from 2018!

Quote Imagine using your smartphone to take images that compare to the quality of laboratory-grade microscopes and can be used by doctors and biomedical professionals to assess a medical sample and even recommend treatment.
    Researchers at UCLA developed a deep learning technique that can enhance microscopic details in photos taken by smartphones and make them comparable to high-end microscopes that costs thousands of dollars.
    The technique, enabled by an AI algorithm, improves the resolution and color details of smartphone images, making them usable in a laboratory environment. We first told you about this research last year. Since then, the team has developed a smartphone lens attachment, which anyone can print on a 3D printer, that allows smartphones to capture better images and feed them into the deep learning system.
    “Using deep learning, we set out to bridge the gap in image quality between inexpensive mobile phone-based microscopes and gold-standard bench-top microscopes that use high-end lenses,” Aydogan Ozcan, Chancellor’s Professor of Electrical and Computer Engineering and Bioengineering at UCLA told the university publication.
    Using NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 GPUs and the cuDNN-accelerated TensorFlow deep learning framework, the researchers trained their neural network on thousands of photos taken by a smartphone, as well as images taken by high-end laboratory equipment.

25. The Following User Says Thank You to Ewan For This Post:

Vangelo (26th March 2024)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 3