+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Anti-virus software?

1. Link to Post #1
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,880 times in 2,121 posts

Default Anti-virus software?

Can anyone lend explanation to this? I've used this antivirus for 11 years, so the following photograph is what comes up on my phone everytime while thumbing through this thread (WW3? Ukraine/US vs. Donbass/Russia). This has never happened before and especially on P/A. I've tried about a dozen times thumbing through page 48 around post #952 only to get the same message. I haven't clicked on any posts or links.

I rarely use the desktop with the same antivirus installed and everything works fine.

Thanks in advance for any help given.

Chuck
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20220305-160641.jpg
Views:	34
Size:	165.8 KB
ID:	48569  
    Last edited by Bill Ryan; 6th March 2022 at 12:59.
    “To develop a complete mind: Study the art of science; study the science of art. Learn how to see. Realize that everything connects to everything else” – Leonardo Da Vinci

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to justntime2learn For This Post:

cursichella1 (8th March 2022), ExomatrixTV (6th March 2022), Vicus (6th March 2022)

3. Link to Post #2
    Thanks

Default Re: Anti-virus software?

Thanks so much Dave Too! I do appreciate you looking up and posting the link my antivirus is claiming I shouldn't be looking at.

As mentioned above, I haven't clicked on any link. I'm just thumbing rather quickly through that page about a dozen times and somewhere between post 948 and 952, I get the warning. I don't know why my antivirus is picking Rense to lock me out. I'm assuming it's Jeff Rense and don't see a link posted in the area I'm being locked out.

Just now, I tried to go on rense.com with my phone and the antivirus claims it's a malicious site but will allow me to view it. On the PA page, I cannot view anything after post #952. Using the same antivirus on the desktop gives no warning.

I'll try page 49 and will edit this post if anything goes wrong.

Thanks again Dave Too!

I just scrolled through page 48 very fast and got to post number 957 by Bill Ryan 3 times when I was locked out.

I'm looking at that post and the ones prior on my desktop, but don't see a Rense link. In fact, I don't see a Rense linke or video on the entire page. My phone definitely will not let me view post #945 or any post after on page #48. Page 49 is fine.

If I scroll through very slow I can get to post #945 before being locked out.

Again, this has never happened to me before on PA.
    Last edited by justntime2learn; 6th March 2022 at 03:29. Reason: Clarification
    “To develop a complete mind: Study the art of science; study the science of art. Learn how to see. Realize that everything connects to everything else” – Leonardo Da Vinci

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to justntime2learn For This Post:

cursichella1 (8th March 2022), ExomatrixTV (6th March 2022), shaberon (6th March 2022)

5. Link to Post #3
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,989 times in 1,749 posts

Quote Posted by justntime2learn (here)
    Can anyone lend explination to this? I've used this antivirus for 11 years, so the following photogragh is what comes up on my phone everytime while thumbing through this thread. This has never happened before and especially on P/A. I've tried about a dozen times thumbing through page 48 around post #952 only to get the same message. I havn't clicked on any posts or links.

I rarely use the desktop with the same antivirus installed and everything works fine.

Chuck
    From a support engineer's experience, and having made my living keeping multi-million dollar corporate networks running for the past few decades I don't recommend this anti-virus platform, or 'Norton' or AVG or McAfee, all of these Free virus platforms are stealth systems which oversee your traffic and direct you- it is entirely your choice, of course but the only decent modern anti-malware (viruses have developed out of sight) in my opinion is Malwarebytes, even their free version is excellent, Malwarebytes is the least intrusive solution. Your Trend Micro is one of the very worst on the market, I would not touch it.

6. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to Mike Gorman For This Post:

cursichella1 (8th March 2022), ExomatrixTV (6th March 2022), Frankie Pancakes (7th March 2022), Gwin Ru (6th March 2022), justntime2learn (6th March 2022), lisalu (6th March 2022), meat suit (6th March 2022), mountain_jim (6th March 2022), selinam (6th March 2022), shaberon (6th March 2022), Vicus (6th March 2022), XelNaga (6th March 2022), yelik (6th March 2022)

7. Link to Post #4
    Netherlands Avalon Member
    Language
    Dutch
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,294 times in 1,173 posts

Quote Posted by Mike Gorman (here)
    Can anyone lend explination to this? I've used this antivirus for 11 years, so the following photogragh is what comes up on my phone everytime while thumbing through this thread. This has never happened before and especially on P/A. I've tried about a dozen times thumbing through page 48 around post #952 only to get the same message. I havn't clicked on any posts or links.

Chuck
    From a support engineer's experience, and having made my living keeping multi-million dollar corporate networks running for the past few decades I don't recommend this anti-virus platform, or 'Norton' or AVG or McAfee, all of these Free virus platforms are stealth systems which oversee your traffic and direct you- it is entirely your choice, of course but the only decent modern anti-malware (viruses have developed out of sight) in my opinion is Malwarebytes, even their free version is excellent, Malwarebytes is the least intrusive solution. Your Trend Micro is one of the very worst on the market, I would not touch it.
    Bullguard.

Am I allowed to add a link with discounted (legal!!) Virus/malware scanner options?

I'll add it anyway. Page is in Dutch, prices should speak for itself, I do believe Western EU only though, not sure. Specify the search for the one, one would like to find (Stay away from the ones Mike G. warned about).

https://cheaplicensing.com/
    Last edited by 9ideon; 6th March 2022 at 05:45.

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to 9ideon For This Post:

ExomatrixTV (6th March 2022), Gwin Ru (6th March 2022), lisalu (6th March 2022)

9. Link to Post #5
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,959 times in 243 posts

Chuck
    Hi Mike,

If I may ask, what is your opinion about Avast anti-virus?

Thanks..

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to XelNaga For This Post:

ExomatrixTV (6th March 2022), Mashika (6th March 2022)

11. Link to Post #6
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,989 times in 1,749 posts

Quote Posted by XelNaga (here)

Chuck
    Hi Mike,

Thanks..
    I am not a fan - most of these platforms had their genesis in the late 90's/early 2000's when Viruses were vastly different, they play on user's fear, several of them have been outed for mining user data and selling this to commercial entities - Android operating system is compromised to begin with, Windows 10/11 is a disaster - Linux developments are now really excellent and mostly free from attack threat.

12. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Mike Gorman For This Post:

9ideon (6th March 2022), ExomatrixTV (6th March 2022), Gwin Ru (6th March 2022), palehorse (6th March 2022), Vicus (6th March 2022), XelNaga (6th March 2022)

13. Link to Post #7
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,413 times in 1,572 posts

Quote Posted by XelNaga (here)

Chuck
    Hi Mike,

Thanks..
    I am not a fan - most of these platforms had their genesis in the late 90's/early 2000's when Viruses were vastly different, they play on user's fear, several of them have been outed for mining user data and selling this to commercial entities - Android operating system is compromised to begin with, Windows 10/11 is a disaster - Linux developments are now really excellent and mostly free from attack threat.
    Plus 1 Mike, for Linux - I do endorse as well the use of free open source software of all sorts. Boycott the proprietary software industry they are packed with nasty bizarre unnecessary functions. I dropped the use of Microsoft 2 decades ago and will keep that way.
    Last edited by palehorse; 6th March 2022 at 12:50.
    --
    A chaos to the sense, a Kosmos to the reason.

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to palehorse For This Post:

ExomatrixTV (6th March 2022), Vicus (6th March 2022)

15. Link to Post #8
    Netherlands Avalon Member ExomatrixTV's Avatar
    Language
    English, Dutch, German, Limburgs
    Thanks
    Thanked 125,653 times in 20,815 posts

Thumbs up Re: Anti-virus software?

Not all anti-virus / firewalls / anti-spyware / anti-spam /anti-malware programs/apps etc. etc. are bowing down to the ever-changing insane mandates, Wokism, WEF Agenda2030 and many other psychopathic control freaks pushing their will on the masses.

Maybe we should create (or look for) a list who do NOT censor content exposing NWO Crimes & MSM created Fake News!

Biggest Crime against Humanity is trusting MSM "research" and their chosen "experts" pushing Tunnel Vision #Agenda2030 narrative!

Anything consequential based upon hard core lies is meant to be "beLIEved" so that they can get away with it.

Real fact checkers may well be called "conspiracy theorists" as it can prove evil intent, "you not suppose to do that" (challenging their tunnel-vision narrative).

The "New Normal" on YouTube: "This video is not available in your country" >>> Normalizing Organized Mass Censorship!
    • Biggest Crime against Humanity is trusting MSM "research" and their chosen "experts" pushing Tunnel Vision #Agenda2030 narrative!
    cheers,
    John Kuhles aka "ExomatrixTV"
    March 6h, 2022 🦜🦋🌳

Last edited by ExomatrixTV; 6th March 2022 at 21:13.
    No need to follow anyone, only consider broadening (y)our horizon of possibilities ...

16. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to ExomatrixTV For This Post:

9ideon (7th March 2022), Blacklight43 (6th March 2022), palehorse (7th March 2022), Vicus (6th March 2022), XelNaga (6th March 2022), yelik (6th March 2022)

17. Link to Post #9
    Thanks

Chuck
    TargeT told me the same thing, but not in so many words. I think he was trying to spare my feelings.

Mike, I really appreciate you taking the time to help me and your complete explanation. Most of all, I believe you and will uninstall shortly after work. On the desktop I use trend and malwarebytes, but will just uninstall trend.

I didn't know it was free and have been paying for it for up to two devices since 2010, lol. I was offered to protect three more devices for 'free' in November when I renewed, lmao... I should have known then.

I will say it was very helpful when my children were growing up because it allowed me to give each one of them a username and password for Internet time. Each one was allowed 1 hour on the internet per day, but of course they bartered to some extent. I had it set to turn off the internet at 9:00 p.m. each night, but one night I walked down at 9:30 and saw one of my sons playing RuneScape. I asked him how did you do that and he wouldn't tell me. I walked over and looked at the clock and saw that he had set it back an hour, so I had to create an administrator on windows, so no one could change the clock, lol

Anyway, I really appreciate your honesty and for helping me out Mike.

Cheers, Chuck
    Last edited by justntime2learn; 6th March 2022 at 14:40.

18. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to justntime2learn For This Post:

ExomatrixTV (6th March 2022), Gwin Ru (6th March 2022), palehorse (7th March 2022), selinam (6th March 2022), Vicus (6th March 2022), XelNaga (6th March 2022)

19. Link to Post #10
    Language
    Spanish
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,274 times in 1,654 posts

For more that 5 years " Kaspersky" was the best anti everything worldwide until...

they discover many "holes" in window 10...they warning windows about that, to make security patches.

What was the reaction? Kaspersky was demonize worldwide because discover all the secrets how your PC/laptop can

be compromise from the go from the powers that's been ...

It was easy to demonize because... it is a Russian product...

We must kissed windows goodbye or else...
    Last edited by Vicus; 6th March 2022 at 15:56.

20. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Vicus For This Post:

ExomatrixTV (6th March 2022), justntime2learn (7th March 2022), palehorse (7th March 2022), XelNaga (6th March 2022)

+ Reply to Thread