Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Upcoming cost of home energy bills

1. Link to Post #41
    Thanks
    Thanked 55,375 times in 8,202 posts

Default Re: Upcoming cost of home energy bills

Quote Posted by Harmony (here)
    Quote Posted by Sérénité (here)
    I watched the news for the first time today in months/years…by accident as it was on in the background.
    I caught the segment about energy hikes. Saying they’ll increase by 80% in October and then further again next March.
    They’re expecting people who are even on upwards of 60k a year to struggle to pay utility bills…

And it dawned on me what this is about (maybe)

I remember a year or two back, hearing the WEF slogan “You’ll own nothing and be happy blah blah”
    The part about not owning property I struggled with.
    How are they going to grab peoples property off them if they are mortgage free?

Now it makes sense. Put even the outright homeowners without a mortgage into poverty by suddenly giving them gas/electric bills that equate a mortgage payment on an average house.
    Everyone on 60k down to minimum wage is now struggling and in debt they can’t get out of.

Roll out the magical Universal Income to help everyone survive…but on the pretext they sign over their property assets to the local council/government as happens when the elderly go into care homes.

Biggest property grab in modern history commences.

Yes, there is likely plans to destroy our abilities to pay for what we already own via rates and taxes when they come due as well. If you have to have jabs or jump through other mandatory hoops to get a code that would allow you to access your own bank account, or the bank freezes your account for not complying, rates and taxes would be outstanding and you can see where that could lead. The governments and WEF do not care about individuals at all. To not care how individuals suffer to get their desired results is becoming more and more evident.
    They are not yet at a place where they, a tiny hard core psychopath club, can sit at terminals finishing this job off in the cyber world.

They still need a vast army of goons of various flavours.

That's potentially their Achilles Heel.

They have to be very precise in how the pain is distributed. I suppose a vast amount of the last minute money grabbing out of the US is for the sweetening of the soon to be very worried goonery
    Last edited by norman; 1st September 2022 at 03:13.
    ..................................................my first language is TYPO..............................................

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to norman For This Post:

Bill Ryan (1st September 2022), Brigantia (1st September 2022), Harmony (1st September 2022), Mari (1st September 2022)

3. Link to Post #42
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,080 times in 569 posts

Ooh thanks for that advice Johnson that'll really help the poor and needy manage with their utility bills ...

So glad we're seeing the back of this cretinous crook.

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to mizo For This Post:

Bill Ryan (1st September 2022), Brigantia (1st September 2022), Harmony (1st September 2022), Mari (1st September 2022)

5. Link to Post #43
    Thanks
    Thanked 457,941 times in 32,819 posts

Quote Posted by mizo (here)
    Ooh thanks for that advice Johnson that'll really help the poor and needy manage with their utility bills ...

Wow. Scarcely believable.

I'd be sure he'll be derisively mocked all round the country for that, including in the mainstream. It's a real "Let them eat cake" giveaway stain on him that's unlikely to wash off.

6. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Bill Ryan For This Post:

avid (1st September 2022), Brigantia (1st September 2022), Cognitive Dissident (2nd September 2022), Harmony (2nd September 2022), Jambo (4th September 2022), Mari (1st September 2022), mizo (1st September 2022), Sirus (2nd September 2022), Violet3 (1st September 2022), Yoda (1st September 2022)

7. Link to Post #44
    Great Britain Avalon Member Mari's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,313 times in 674 posts

Soon to be replaced by another, I'm sure. That statement smacks of the purest arrogance - I haven't expected any less from him. I hope all those idiots who voted for him (to give us Brexit!) will now be seeing just who they voted for.
    Last edited by Mari; 1st September 2022 at 18:30.

8. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Mari For This Post:

Bill Ryan (1st September 2022), Brigantia (1st September 2022), Harmony (2nd September 2022), Jambo (4th September 2022), mizo (1st September 2022)

9. Link to Post #45
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,667 times in 638 posts

Let them buy Kettles!

10. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to sunwings For This Post:

Bill Ryan (1st September 2022), Brigantia (1st September 2022), Harmony (2nd September 2022), Jambo (4th September 2022), jaybee (1st September 2022), Mari (1st September 2022)

11. Link to Post #46
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,985 times in 2,208 posts

Quote Posted by Mari (here)

Soon to be replaced by another, I'm sure. That statement smacks of the purest arrogance - I haven't expected any less from him. I hope all those idiots who voted for him (to give us Brexit!) will now be seeing just who they voted for.
    anyone who wanted Brexit to be honoured had no choice but to vote for the Conservatives at that election -

at that point Johnson had some kind of usefulness - that usefulness may have been weak and an illusion in the wider scheme of things - ie the Globalist Authoritarian Agenda - but at the time Brexit would have been lost if Labour had got in - I think it's a shame Jeremy Corbyn didn't support Brexit ... it's believed that he did on a personnel level but wouldn't go against the general Labour Party support for the EU...

Voting for the Conservatives and Johnson was a follow up vote for Brexit... many natural labour voters swapped to conservative for that election - and as the Labour Party has been infiltrated and ruined over the years it didn't really matter -

Johnson has had his day and his warmongering is out of control... and even if he was pretending his support for Brexit to get into the top job so he could serve the Globalist Cause... his place in British History is to be the PM that made Brexit happen ... of course making the decision to split with the EU organization is being attacked and squandered because the whole of the British Political Class is at the moment...... pathetic and inept...

12. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to jaybee For This Post:

Bassplayer1 (5th September 2022), Bill Ryan (1st September 2022), Brigantia (1st September 2022), Harmony (2nd September 2022), Mari (1st September 2022)

13. Link to Post #47
    Thanks

Quote Posted by sunwings (here)
    Let them buy Kettles!

The Tories are not just driving us over the edge of the cliff they are leaping off the cliff themselves...

When the full realities of these energy price rises hit as we go into the winter the Tories will be blamed for the downfall and bankrupting of the whole country... so they had better get their thinking caps on before they are finished as a political party....

I'm a floating voter and have no fixed political affiliation... but if a new party emerged now that tried to stop this engineered decline and rallied the people at grass roots level I would be really really pleased...

14. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to jaybee For This Post:

Bassplayer1 (5th September 2022), Bill Ryan (1st September 2022), Brigantia (1st September 2022), Harmony (2nd September 2022), Mari (1st September 2022), sunwings (2nd September 2022)

15. Link to Post #48
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,031 times in 1,347 posts

Quote Posted by sunwings (here)
    Let them buy Kettles!

Care homes are already operating on a knife edge financially. They struggle to keep the fees affordable and for those on a low income and are eligible for council funding, the councils struggle to find affordable care and the elderly end up in the worst ones. I know this first-hand from when I worked in adult social care at a county council, and that was 11 years ago that I left.

I dread to think what the situation is now. The reality is that residential care will become unaffordable and many will close. What will happen to the elderly then? What a way to treat our old people.

That said, in Mediterranean countries it's unthinkable to put an old person in a home, it's simply not done. The families always look after their elderly relatives. The way that things are going in Britain, the families will have no choice but to do that.

16. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Brigantia For This Post:

Bassplayer1 (5th September 2022), Bill Ryan (1st September 2022), Harmony (2nd September 2022), jaybee (1st September 2022), Mari (2nd September 2022), mizo (2nd September 2022), sunwings (2nd September 2022)

17. Link to Post #49
    Thanks

The whole 'kettle' thing is so utterly ludicrous you have to wonder if it was deliberate gas lighting...

but digging into the nonsense more - modern appliances aren't made to last so a £20 kettle might not last longer than 2 years - but if it does last longer than two years on the third year, if you're still alive, you will save 83p a month...

hmmmmmm

and so it begins as people start to pick up on Johnson's ludicrous suggestion...

Boris Johnson tells people to buy £20 kettle to save £10 a year on energy bills | Mark Steyn reacts

one of the comments...

Should I buy two kettles and save even more??

edit... to be fair one or two comments are saying that the Johnson kettle comments were taken out of context and were an analogy for something to do with old nuclear power stations or something... but to be honest I'm not bothered because he is now saddled with the Kettle Thing and deserves it and people are having fun with it.....
    Last edited by jaybee; 1st September 2022 at 21:27.

18. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to jaybee For This Post:

Bassplayer1 (5th September 2022), Bill Ryan (1st September 2022), Brigantia (1st September 2022), fifi (2nd September 2022), Harmony (2nd September 2022), Mari (2nd September 2022)

19. Link to Post #50
    Thanks

Quote Posted by jaybee (here)

The Tories are not just driving us over the edge of the cliff they are leaping off the cliff themselves...

When the full realities of these energy price rises hit as we go into the winter the Tories will be blamed for the downfall and bankrupting of the whole country... so they had better get their thinking caps on before they are finished as a political party....
    At the top, there is no intention to preserve any of the old system of representational government. It's already gone but they are cynically going through some motions of it because of it's propaganda utility. In their NWO there will be no 'politics' at all.

At this point, the only thing a people's party getting into office could do is call the country together to pray. I say that knowing it sounds pathetically useless but it's not. It would do far more damage to the enemy than anything any elected politician has manged to do in a long time.

Oh, and how long does it take to call up Putin on the phone and buy some gas.
    ..................................................my first language is TYPO..............................................

20. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to norman For This Post:

Bassplayer1 (5th September 2022), Bill Ryan (1st September 2022), Brigantia (1st September 2022), Harmony (2nd September 2022), jaybee (1st September 2022)

21. Link to Post #51
    Thanks

Quote Posted by norman (here)
    Quote Posted by jaybee (here)

At the top, there is no intention to preserve any of the old system of representational government. It's already gone but they are cynically going through some motions of it because of it's propaganda utility. In their NWO there will be no 'politics' at all.

At this point, the only thing a people's party getting into office could do is call the country together to pray. I say that knowing it sounds pathetically useless but it's not. It would do far more damage to the enemy than anything any elected politician has manged to do in a long time.

Oh, and how long does it take to call up Putin on the phone and buy some gas.
    bolded... exactly....

and I take your other points - we are on the slippiest of slippy slopes and when people's lives start to rapidly fall apart in the next few months, really fall apart, courtesy of the NWO/Great Reset/Billionaire Globalists we shall see how all this pans out -

basically gas and electric has been weaponized against the people.... in the West we have been like pampered slaves for a long time but the 'pampered' bit is about to change and anything could happen... regardless of how carefully the Globalist Enemy has plotted our demise...

22. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to jaybee For This Post:

Bassplayer1 (5th September 2022), Bill Ryan (1st September 2022), Brigantia (2nd September 2022), Harmony (2nd September 2022), norman (2nd September 2022)

23. Link to Post #52
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Useful guide to appliances consumption cost.

Last edited by mizo; 2nd September 2022 at 01:27.

24. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to mizo For This Post:

Bill Ryan (2nd September 2022), Brigantia (2nd September 2022), Harmony (2nd September 2022), norman (2nd September 2022)

25. Link to Post #53
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Good grief...

Last edited by mizo; 2nd September 2022 at 16:10.

26. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to mizo For This Post:

Bill Ryan (5th September 2022), Brigantia (2nd September 2022), Harmony (3rd September 2022)

27. Link to Post #54
    Thanks

CERN, in Geneva, uses 1.3 terawatt hours (1,300,000 MWH) of electricity annually. That's enough power to fuel 300,000 homes for a year in the UK.

At 1,000 euros per megawatt hour, the annual cost would be 1,300,000,000 euros. That's about $1.3 billion. And the electricity might not even be available.

Will it shut down because of European energy shortages, while citizens go cold, street lights are turned off, people shower once a week, and everyone is told to buy new kettles?

Well, sort of, or maybe. But maybe not.

https://newsunrolled.com/world/93598.html

~~~
    Serge Claudet, chairman of the CERN energy management commission, said CERN is determined to keep the Large Hadron Collider operational and to avoid a sudden shutdown that could destroy $4.4 billion worth of equipment. In addition, the organization will prioritize shutting down other accelerators that will reduce overall energy consumption by 25 percent.
    Negotiations are also ongoing with the French government-controlled electricity company Électricité de France to receive a daily notification to reduce consumption.

28. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Bill Ryan For This Post:

Bassplayer1 (5th September 2022), Brigantia (5th September 2022), edina (8th September 2022), happyuk (5th September 2022), Harmony (5th September 2022), mizo (5th September 2022), Tintin (5th September 2022), TomKat (5th September 2022), Yoda (5th September 2022)

29. Link to Post #55
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Bill Ryan (here)
    CERN, in Geneva, uses 1.3 terawatt hours (1,300,000 MWH) of electricity annually. That's enough power to fuel 300,000 homes for a year in the UK.

At 1,000 euros per megawatt hour, the annual cost would be 1,300,000,000 euros. That's about $1.3 billion. And the electricity might not even be available.

Will it shut down because of European energy shortages, while citizens go cold, street lights are turned off, people shower once a week, and everyone is told to buy new kettles?

Well, sort of, or maybe. But maybe not.

https://newsunrolled.com/world/93598.html

~~~
    Serge Claudet, chairman of the CERN energy management commission, said CERN is determined to keep the Large Hadron Collider operational and to avoid a sudden shutdown that could destroy $4.4 billion worth of equipment. In addition, the organization will prioritize shutting down other accelerators that will reduce overall energy consumption by 25 percent.
    Negotiations are also ongoing with the French government-controlled electricity company Électricité de France to receive a daily notification to reduce consumption.

Indeed! God forbid delaying or halting the Cern scientist bid to open The Portal to Hell...

30. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to mizo For This Post:

Bassplayer1 (5th September 2022), Bill Ryan (8th September 2022), Brigantia (5th September 2022), Harmony (5th September 2022)

31. Link to Post #56
    Thanks

Not to worry, they are going to keep our bills down for us, automatically . . . . . .

Big brother dystopian future revealed as thousands locked out of their thermostats during heat-related ‘energy emergency’

https://www.newstarget.com/2022-09-0...emergency.html

Big brother dystopian future revealed as thousands locked out of their thermostats during heat-related ‘energy emergency’
    09/06/2022 / By JD Heyes

What happened to thousands of customers in Denver, Colo. last week during a spike in temperatures proves once again why Americans should resist the temptation to rely more on the “internet of things.”

As temperatures rose in the Mile High City, customers of Xcel found themselves locked out of their thermostats by big brother due to an “energy emergency,” leaving them unable to cool down their homes, according to The Denver Channel.

As temps rose into the 90s, Tony Talarico attempted to boost the air conditioning in his partner’s Arvada home but he was unable to do so.

“I mean, it was 90 out, and it was right during the peak period,” Talarico told the outlet. “It was hot.”

But he then noticed that he’d been locked out of his thermostat due to the emergency — like some 22,000 other customers — because the powers that be decided to limit customers’ power usage.

“Normally, when we see a message like that, we’re able to override it,” Talarico said. “In this case, we weren’t. So, our thermostat was locked in at 78 or 79.”

The Denver Channel added:

On social media, dozens of Xcel customers complained of similar experiences — some reporting home temperatures as high as 88 degrees.

Xcel confirmed to Contact Denver7 that 22,000 customers who had signed up for the Colorado AC Rewards program were locked out of their smart thermostats for hours on Tuesday.

“It’s a voluntary program. Let’s remember that this is something that customers choose to be a part of based on the incentives,” Emmett Romine, vice president of customer solutions and innovation at Xcel, told the outlet.

He said that customers are given a $100 credit when they sign up for the program and an additional $25 every year. However, Romine noted that in doing so, customers agree to give up control of their thermostats at times in order to save energy and money. “So, it helps everybody for people to participate in these programs. It is a bit uncomfortable for a short period of time, but it’s very, very helpful,” he added.

Critics were quick to point out this is the kind of dystopian ‘green’ future that awaits Americans, compliments of the Democratic authoritarians of the left.

“Completely losing control over the temperature of your own home is presumably one of the many benefits of the green energy ‘Great Reset’ Americans will be forced to endure,” Paul Joseph Watson observed after the Denver story broke.

“This story is yet another example of how smart meters will pave the way for energy rationing. No doubt Americans who have them installed will increasingly find their thermostats remote-controlled at the behest of energy companies whenever a dubious ‘crisis’ can be declared,” he continued. “And if that sounds bad, just imagine what will happen if net zero green energy ‘climate lockdowns’ become normalized.”

He went on to note that Europeans are already regularly experiencing these kinds of power rationing schemes, thanks in large part to the fact that many EU governments have been steadily stripping reliable and affordable fossil fuels out of their energy production.

“In Spain, at the height of summer, authorities have controversially banned air conditioning from dropping below 27°C (80.6°F) in all non-residential buildings, including shops, cinemas, and cafes,” he added, noting further that violations are grossly expensive. “Onerous fines for those who flout the rules run all the way up to €600,000 euros for ‘serious violations,'” he wrote.

This is exactly the future the American left wants; while common folks swelter (or freeze), the leftist tyrannical elites will have all the power they want.

32. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to norman For This Post:

Bill Ryan (8th September 2022), Brigantia (8th September 2022), Harmony (8th September 2022), I am B (4th October 2022), mizo (8th September 2022)

33. Link to Post #57
    Thanks

I gathered these here instead of replying in the WW3 speed dial thread

Quote Posted by edina (here)
    To further raise questions about the overall dynamic happening in Europe, It looks like Germany is now considering "nationalizing" one of the major energy companies.

A year ago, this would have caused a major uproar within the political world of Europe. Today... people are almost asking for it, some even demanding it.

What do you think about it?

Germany To Nationalize Struggling Uniper In Deepening Energy Crisis

Quote Posted by Brigantia (here)
    Here's a good vid about plods turning up at the door of a Scottish man who had his meters changed a few months previously. He obviously knows his law and politely refuses to let any of them in. The policewoman (or should that be policeperson now, I can't keep up) says that "we are here on behalf of Scottish Power" - they can't represent a private company on a civil matter!!

A good comment - "Can't get an officer to come if your home has been broken into but they can send some over when Scottish power asks them to get involved in a civil matter. F****** ridiculous".

Quote Posted by norman (here)
    To that comment at the end by the presenter of the video, if we nationalise the energy companies, will that then give the energy companies the same goon power as the government has ?

In a way, I feel safer, at least at this stage, with the energy companies being one step away from goon power.

34. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to norman For This Post:

edina (21st September 2022), Harmony (22nd September 2022)

35. Link to Post #58
    Thanks
    Thanked 29,446 times in 3,427 posts

To further raise questions about the overall dynamic happening in Europe, It looks like Germany is now considering "nationalizing" one of the major energy companies.

[...]

1) It is, per one definition of the word "socialism" - the government taking ownership of what usually belongs to corporations.

2) In reality, it is klepto-capitalism. The utility companies know that many consumers are going to be bankrupted from paying their energy bills and they are not going to be able to collect this money, yet they won't be allowed to turn of the heat on anyone. The government will pay a premium price to the owners of the energy companies (adding to the national debt) and then will subsidize consumers that can't pay (adding to the national debt.) Anyone who has any assets left will have to pay off this debt.

36. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Kryztian For This Post:

avid (21st September 2022), Bill Ryan (21st September 2022), edina (21st September 2022), Gwin Ru (21st September 2022), Harmony (22nd September 2022), Ivanhoe (21st September 2022), Orph (22nd September 2022)

37. Link to Post #59
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Kryztian (here)

[...]

1) It is, per one definition of the word "socialism" - the government taking ownership of what usually belongs to corporations.

2) In reality, it is klepto-capitalism. The utility companies know that many consumers are going to be bankrupted from paying their energy bills and they are not going to be able to collect this money, yet they won't be allowed to turn of the heat on anyone. The government will pay a premium price to the owners of the energy companies (adding to the national debt) and then will subsidize consumers that can't pay (adding to the national debt.) Anyone who has any assets left will have to pay off this debt.

In Britain, quite a few years ago they made a big push and fuss to 'rename' the bulk of all welfare benefits under one umbrella name of "Universal Credit". Most people didn't understand what was so important about getting it done, including me, at the time.

At this pinch point in our state of affairs it's become clear to me what that re branding of welfare benefits was all about. They were realigning the welfare deal with the coming "You will own nothing and be happy" regime they intend to have. It's easy to see, now, that they intend to steal everything via the "Universal Credit" switcheroo.

The word 'credit' came out of the blue and got slipped in there without being noticed much, but it changes absolutely everything about the status of anyone in receipt of any benefit in the country. That's a lot of people, far more than you might think. The entire British economy has been squeezed into a state where surprising amounts of even hard working people are getting top up benefits. If all that is being totted up and counted as credit it will someday amount to being enough to justify the taking of assets such as homes, for the clearing of that credit account.

38. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to norman For This Post:

Bassplayer1 (22nd September 2022), Bill Ryan (22nd September 2022), Brigantia (22nd September 2022), edina (21st September 2022), Harmony (22nd September 2022), heretogrow (22nd September 2022), Kryztian (21st September 2022), Orph (22nd September 2022)

39. Link to Post #60
    Thanks

40. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Bill Ryan For This Post:

Brigantia (23rd September 2022), Harmony (23rd September 2022), kaiserschmarrn (24th September 2022), Kryztian (23rd September 2022), Yoda (23rd September 2022)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 3 4 LastLast