+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Trauma

1. Link to Post #1
    Philippines Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,266 times in 2,725 posts

Default Trauma

Trauma is caused by pain and fear. The more intense the deeper the trauma. Most of us been subjected to varying degree of trauma in our lifetime. I have read that it creates a genetic print. That it makes genetic changes that can be passed down from generation to generation. Logically the opposite of fear and pain can reverse/ heal trauma. Well being, sense of security, love... But then again how, where do we find it in our present society. Love ones are dying people are threatened by the government and their bosses.

Perhaps its about time to talk of "trauma healing"
    I have read that psychedelics helps in trauma healing. particularly psilocybin.
    The research is on going. I do think that the well informed Avalonians is the best bet for this task.

https://psychable.com/psilocybin/can...auma-and-ptsd/

2. The Following 25 Users Say Thank You to Bubu For This Post:

Ben (8th March 2022), Bill Ryan (7th March 2022), cursichella1 (8th March 2022), Ewan (8th March 2022), ExomatrixTV (8th March 2022), gini (8th March 2022), Harmony (8th March 2022), haroldsails (9th March 2022), Ioneo (7th March 2022), Jay82 (16th June 2023), jimbobule (10th March 2022), Mari (8th March 2022), Mike (8th March 2022), Mike Gorman (9th March 2022), palehorse (8th March 2022), Pam (8th March 2022), Peace in Oz (8th March 2022), Reinhard (8th March 2022), Sadieblue (8th March 2022), Sérénité (8th March 2022), Tyy1907 (8th March 2022), ulli (8th March 2022), Victoria (7th March 2022), Wind (8th March 2022), wondering (7th March 2022)

3. Link to Post #2
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,077 times in 869 posts

Default Re: Trauma

The following is quite an informative read on trials done recently using psilocybin and MDMA to treat depression and PTSD

https://www.nature.com/articles/d41586-021-00187-9

From what I know, with any form of trauma, we literally become trapped within the trauma and it becomes part of who we are (or who we think we are) and are unable to jump off the never ending cycle of it.

Micro dosing psilocybin and MDMA helps us to disconnect from that place of trauma and see things from outside the box.
    Psilocybin opens the mind and MDMA opens the heart chakra, which is why it’s now being used in trials of couples therapy.
    When trauma causes us to block our heart chakra so we don’t get hurt again, along with the mental blocks we hide behind in a state of rumination.

There is always the chance of these things making matters worse if one has an addictive disposition or imbalances that could trigger psychosis so it’s maybe not something to rush into.

But I think their uses far out weigh their negative points. Like anything, if misused it’s only going to make things worse.
    Used carefully as an aid and not a crutch, I think their uses are overall a positive thing.

4. The Following 17 Users Say Thank You to Sérénité For This Post:

Ben (8th March 2022), Bill Ryan (8th March 2022), Bubu (8th March 2022), Ewan (8th March 2022), ExomatrixTV (8th March 2022), gini (8th March 2022), Harmony (8th March 2022), haroldsails (9th March 2022), Icare (24th August 2023), Johnnycomelately (8th March 2022), Mari (8th March 2022), palehorse (8th March 2022), Pam (8th March 2022), Reinhard (8th March 2022), ulli (8th March 2022), Wind (8th March 2022), Zampano (8th March 2022)

5. Link to Post #3
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,413 times in 1,572 posts

Ibogaine (extensively used by the CIA in the 50's guess for what!), Psilocybin (I would take a deep dive into McKenna - the book Food of Gods is amazing), Ayahuasca (Dimethyltryptamine) and Lisergic Acid are been used for quite sometime. Guys like Dr. Leary even became a pop icon culture in the 60's, just a fact Leary was arrest more than 30 times in 1 decade, he was even considered one of the most dangerous man in America once, and it all because he promoted the use of psychedelic which is almost acceptable nowadays (Leary predicted that, go figure).

I know people who got cured from cancer and other deceases just using Ayahuasca, I know people who made use of Ibogaine to get rid of chemical dependency like cocain, meth and other drugs (a derivative drug from Ibogaine was created in the 90's it is called 18-MC and it is used to treat drug addiction world wide), there is a lot to be understood about these plants chemical compounds, there is people also using them for recreation purposes (which is not indicated at all). For the information I have Ibogaine can help with traumas, as @Serenite wrote micro dosing can help people to disconnect from the trauma.

Also micro dosing is extensively used by many CEO of tech giants and high skilled workers, just be aware, all these substances can be used for trauma release but also can be used for dark stuffs, lots of sociopath/psychopaths out there that are heavy users of these substances, just know this before get into it, be aware.

I myself made use of Ayahuasca not once but a few times, in my case it was very advantageous, I had my traumas, my problems and nothing helped me, but to expand my tunnel of reality of the universe, to get in contact with the kosmos out there, I can tell you it was one of the best things, I not only got rid of my old problems, I saw myself as a cosmic dust (lol - why so serious about my little problems) I also met amazing people and some of them in very bad situation, and as far as I can tell many of them came out alive and well from their traumas/problems.

One last thing, in order for these magic plants works, one must be full complaint and willing to have the experience, you have to believe and commit, otherwise you can try whatever comes to the table, nothing will work. Human willingness and love is the key.
    --
    A chaos to the sense, a Kosmos to the reason.

6. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to palehorse For This Post:

Ben (8th March 2022), Bill Ryan (8th March 2022), Bubu (8th March 2022), cascadian (8th March 2022), ExomatrixTV (8th March 2022), gini (8th March 2022), haroldsails (9th March 2022), jimbobule (10th March 2022), Mari (8th March 2022), Pam (8th March 2022), pyrangello (8th March 2022), Reinhard (8th March 2022), Wind (8th March 2022)

7. Link to Post #4
    Canada Avalon Member Johnnycomelately's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,580 times in 982 posts

Quote Posted by Bubu (here)
    Trauma is caused by pain and fear. The more intense the deeper the trauma. Most of us been subjected to varying degree of trauma in our lifetime. I have read that it creates a genetic print. That it makes genetic changes that can be passed down from generation to generation. Logically the opposite of fear and pain can reverse/ heal trauma. Well being, sense of security, love... But then again how, where do we find it in our present society. Love ones are dying people are threatened by the government and their bosses.

Perhaps its about time to talk of "trauma healing"
    I have read that psychedelics helps in trauma healing. particularly psilocybin.
    The research is on going. I do think that the well informed Avalonians is the best bet for this task.

https://psychable.com/psilocybin/can...auma-and-ptsd/
    Hi Bubu. I like that you started an item (thread?) called Trauma. As you note most of us have felt lasting fear over some past pain. I have heard of genetic studies that identified multi generation effects from trauma, iirc they call it epigenetics.

I don’t doubt the effectiveness of some drugs’ experiencing in getting over blockages, breaking up hard bleak nuts in our soul. I changed some fundamental personal values, things like adherence/conformism and the nature of creation in us Children, in my first empirics with weed.

I hope this thread grows, with folks expanding on both the definition of trauma and adding solutions also in addition to drugs.

My take is that trauma, as meaning long lasting painful aversion, is something that can only be fixed from the inside. I don’t think it’s glib to suggest that one’s personal power of forgiveness is relevant here. If we have the goal to heal our soul, forgiveness is (almost gonna say ‘but’ here) a tool in our toolbox. The setting of the ‘goal’, pushing the elevator button for the top floor, that is the crux.

8. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to Johnnycomelately For This Post:

Ben (8th March 2022), Bill Ryan (8th March 2022), bobme (8th March 2022), Bubu (8th March 2022), ExomatrixTV (8th March 2022), gini (8th March 2022), haroldsails (9th March 2022), Mari (8th March 2022), palehorse (8th March 2022), Pam (8th March 2022), pyrangello (8th March 2022), Reinhard (8th March 2022), Wind (8th March 2022)

9. Link to Post #5
    United States Avalon Member speculiar's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks

I think trauma plays a huge role in all of our lives, considering that we are usually sort of pitted against one another, economically speaking, in a world characterized by scarcity, and overindulgence...

I also think that one of the most effective tools of society's controllers is the power of suggestion through social media, and the like. It seems to me that they keep us dialed into this certain vibratory frequency, that makes us much easier to control.

This mindset has to do with hopelessness, powerlessness, perceived weakness, etc... Governments all over the world have been using state-sponsored terrorism on their own people, as a tool to reshape society, in a kind of trauma-based mind control mass ritual.

Thankfully, it only takes a few brave people to make these absurd narratives crumble, by simply asking good questions in the right places, basing their inquiry on a healthy, skeptical outlook...

10. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to speculiar For This Post:

Bill Ryan (8th March 2022), bobme (8th March 2022), Bubu (8th March 2022), gini (8th March 2022), haroldsails (9th March 2022), jimbobule (10th March 2022), Johnnycomelately (8th March 2022), Mari (8th March 2022), palehorse (8th March 2022), Pam (8th March 2022), pyrangello (8th March 2022), Reinhard (8th March 2022), Wind (8th March 2022)

11. Link to Post #6
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Quote Posted by speculiar (here)
    I think trauma plays a huge role in all of our lives, considering that we are usually sort of pitted against one another, economically speaking, in a world characterized by scarcity, and overindulgence...

I also think that one of the most effective tools of society's controllers is the power of suggestion through social media, and the like. It seems to me that they keep us dialed into this certain vibratory frequency, that makes us much easier to control.

This mindset has to do with hopelessness, powerlessness, perceived weakness, etc... Governments all over the world have been using state-sponsored terrorism on their own people, as a tool to reshape society, in a kind of trauma-based mind control mass ritual.

Thankfully, it only takes a few brave people to make these absurd narratives crumble, by simply asking good questions in the right places, basing their inquiry on a healthy, skeptical outlook...
    Speculiar, hello.

Are you theorizing this, or do you have experience to share? I don’t think your endorsement of victimization is helpful. We are all responsible for our selves, and relying on others to fix our self-pity problems is a ‘fool’s game’ IMO.

12. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Johnnycomelately For This Post:

Bill Ryan (8th March 2022), Bubu (8th March 2022), jimbobule (10th March 2022), palehorse (8th March 2022), Pam (8th March 2022), Reinhard (8th March 2022), speculiar (8th March 2022), Vangelo (8th March 2022)

13. Link to Post #7
    United States Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 18,734 times in 2,089 posts

In my teens I had an abusive and very evil and disturbed individual who married my mother, punching holes in the walls, smashing cars in the driveway, taking a steel pipe to a brand new bike I purchased with my paperroute money, throwing all my car models into a wall, throwing mash potatoes over my head only for him to break down the bathroom door and beat on me in the shower, 5 cops pulled him off of me. Yeah that was a bit of trauma i,d say. Took some years to push thru that barrier but I joined the military and moved away for me to grow on my own.45years later I have really tried to make an impact on so many for all the right reasons it almost felt like a mission to do so. Probably drank a bit to much over the years but past that too. Not a big fan of meds, but role models and mentors are a big help , even today and yes your guardian angels help as well. Never forgot those days but managed to just categorize that time in life as the past and move on as life has so much to offer.

14. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to pyrangello For This Post:

Bill Ryan (8th March 2022), Bubu (8th March 2022), gini (8th March 2022), haroldsails (9th March 2022), Jambo (8th March 2022), Johnnycomelately (8th March 2022), Mari (8th March 2022), palehorse (8th March 2022), Pam (8th March 2022), Reinhard (8th March 2022), speculiar (11th March 2022), Tyy1907 (8th March 2022), Vangelo (8th March 2022)

15. Link to Post #8
    Thanks
    Thanked 48,964 times in 7,673 posts
    "When you've seen beyond yourself, then you may find, peace of mind is waiting there." ~ George Harrison

16. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Wind For This Post:

Bill Ryan (8th March 2022), Bubu (8th March 2022), gini (8th March 2022), haroldsails (9th March 2022), Icare (24th August 2023), Mari (8th March 2022), Pam (8th March 2022), Reinhard (8th March 2022)

17. Link to Post #9
    Thanks

Quote Posted by pyrangello (here)
    In my teens I had an abusive and very evil and disturbed individual who married my mother, punching holes in the walls, smashing cars in the driveway, taking a steel pipe to a brand new bike I purchased with my paperroute money, throwing all my car models into a wall, throwing mash potatoes over my head only for him to break down the bathroom door and beat on me in the shower, 5 cops pulled him off of me. Yeah that was a bit of trauma i,d say. Took some years to push thru that barrier but I joined the military and moved away for me to grow on my own.45years later I have really tried to make an impact on so many for all the right reasons it almost felt like a mission to do so. Probably drank a bit to much over the years but past that too. Not a big fan of meds, but role models and mentors are a big help , even today and yes your guardian angels help as well. Never forgot those days but managed to just categorize that time in life as the past and move on as life has so much to offer.
    Thanks for sharing your experience. Trauma can also bring positive changes. They call it "post traumatic growth". What does not kill you will make you stronger" so they say. I have meet some adorable people in my lifetime that went through deep trauma. As Jhony said above we should be responsible for ourselves. Man up take charge and win the the challenge

https://www.healthline.com/health/wh...aumatic-growth.
    Last edited by Bubu; 8th March 2022 at 11:21.

18. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Bubu For This Post:

Bill Ryan (8th March 2022), gini (8th March 2022), haroldsails (9th March 2022), Johnnycomelately (8th March 2022), palehorse (8th March 2022), Pam (8th March 2022), pyrangello (9th March 2022), Reinhard (8th March 2022), speculiar (8th March 2022), Tyy1907 (8th March 2022), Wind (8th March 2022)

19. Link to Post #10
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Johnnycomelately (here)

Speculiar, hello.

Are you theorizing this, or do you have experience to share? I don’t think your endorsement of victimization is helpful. We are all responsible for our selves, and relying on others to fix our self-pity problems is a ‘fool’s game’ IMO.
    Hi JCL, thanks for replying.

To start with, I was definitely not endorsing the sort of victimization I was describing. Although I understand why it's done, I find it to be totally reprehensible...

Trauma; emotional / psychological pain and discomfort (and the memory / idea of it); is used as a mechanism by social engineers to move crowds, in both short and long term programs. I am theorizing of course, but the evidence is all around us. For example, consider the hyperbolic, alarmist, false pandemic ruse that was used to shut down Western society, and elevate China to the global forefront. That was some serious psychological trauma that they injected into the collective psyche, and people behaved accordingly...

I agree that we are responsible for ourselves, and shouldn't rely on others to fix our self-pity problems. Why do we pity ourselves in the first place...?

20. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to speculiar For This Post:

Bill Ryan (8th March 2022), Bubu (8th March 2022), haroldsails (9th March 2022), Johnnycomelately (8th March 2022), Mari (8th March 2022), palehorse (8th March 2022), pyrangello (9th March 2022), Reinhard (8th March 2022)

21. Link to Post #11
    Netherlands Avalon Member ExomatrixTV's Avatar
    Language
    English, Dutch, German, Limburgs
    Thanks
    Thanked 125,744 times in 20,828 posts

Lightbulb Re: Trauma

On top of all that ... it could be a extra traumatic for any Alien Soul to incarnate here as a human and coping with even deeper issues! ... The "Human Condition" is overall traumatic due to ever increasing corruption & abuse of power everywhere going towards a climax of total authoritarianism.
    • Authoritarianism rewards you if you blindly trust their propaganda-lies & condemn anyone exposing it (collectivism punishing dissenters) ... meanwhile freedom rewards researching truth & condemns anyone suppressing it.
    cheers,
    John Kuhles aka 'ExomatrixTV'
    March 8th, 2022 🦜🦋🌳
    Last edited by ExomatrixTV; 8th March 2022 at 22:06.
    No need to follow anyone, only consider broadening (y)our horizon of possibilities ...

22. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to ExomatrixTV For This Post:

Bill Ryan (8th March 2022), Bubu (8th March 2022), haroldsails (9th March 2022), Jambo (8th March 2022), Johnnycomelately (8th March 2022), Pam (9th March 2022), pyrangello (9th March 2022), Reinhard (8th March 2022), speculiar (8th March 2022)

23. Link to Post #12
    United States Avalon Member Mike's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 50,310 times in 5,692 posts

As generations of kids get softer and softer, the pain and fear they feel is caused by nearly anything that would make your average person just mildly uncomfortable maybe.

I think trauma, like many words, is being redefined as anything that makes one even just a little bit uncomfortable. It's an unforgivable insult to anyone who has experienced true trauma. And by true trauma I mean what everyone thought trauma was up until about 5 mins ago.

When I hear the word "trauma" now, my solar plexus goes into knots and my nerves get all jangly. It's a visceral reaction to the manipulation of language and all the idiots who are fostering it. It's a deep soul reaction to something that is so narcissistic and unfathomably self-serving that I can barely hold it in my head for more than 5 seconds before I begin feeling nauseous.

And that's a shame. Because I know I'm not alone in that, and it's terribly unfair to people that are truly traumatized in some way

24. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Mike For This Post:

Bill Ryan (8th March 2022), Bubu (8th March 2022), ExomatrixTV (8th March 2022), haroldsails (9th March 2022), Jambo (8th March 2022), Johnnycomelately (8th March 2022), mokosh (9th March 2022), Pam (9th March 2022), pyrangello (9th March 2022), speculiar (9th March 2022)

25. Link to Post #13
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Mike (here)
    As generations of kids get softer and softer, the pain and fear they feel is caused by nearly anything that would make your average person just mildly uncomfortable maybe.

I think trauma, like many words, is being redefined as anything that makes one even just a little bit uncomfortable. It's an unforgivable insult to anyone who has experienced true trauma. And by true trauma I mean what everyone thought trauma was up until about 5 mins ago.

When I hear the word "trauma" now, my solar plexus goes into knots and my nerves get all jangly. It's a visceral reaction to the manipulation of language and all the idiots who are fostering it. It's a deep soul reaction to something that is so narcissistic and unfathomably self-serving that I can barely hold it in my head for more than 5 seconds before I begin feeling nauseous.

And that's a shame. Because I know I'm not alone in that, and it's terribly unfair to people that are truly traumatized in some way
    Hey Mike thanks for your contribution. I think I was clear in my first post about trauma making a genetic imprint. I dont think a little discomfort will make a genetic change. But yes our kids today are easily traumatize. This is cause by so many things but mostly the damage is done on the first few days of their life. by vaccines and the so called New Born Screening. Yes I have witness how a 2 day old infant is pierce with a big needle repeatedly to extract blood for the so called test. I have seen/ heard the crying wailing that I have to smuggle my grandson out of the hospitral to save him from the trauma. I Use to culture mushroom and the way to make it spread quickly in the planting medium is to make the medium a biological vacuum that is nothing or no bilogical material is alive in that medium/ no competition for the mycelium. The 2 day old infants memory is nearly vacuum or empty. What do you think happen when its imprinted with trauma? I thnik this traumatic experience will make a genetic imprint. Add to that the trauma that was passed on by the ancestors. That is; our childrens of today are pre traumatize there is already a trauma load in their genes, lots of it, when they came to this world and just a little more load of trauma or discomfort and they will brake. This is also the case for so many adults of the present. We already have this trauma load from every little discomfort we experience everyday. And speaking of discomfort in the present society. I think we have plentiful. from the food we eat to riding a crowded bus ...So yes I think unwiding as often as we can to get rid of these gathered trauma load is a good way to start with trauma healing.
    Last edited by Bubu; 8th March 2022 at 21:41.

26. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Bubu For This Post:

Bill Ryan (9th March 2022), ExomatrixTV (8th March 2022), haroldsails (9th March 2022), Johnnycomelately (8th March 2022), Mike (9th March 2022), Pam (9th March 2022)

27. Link to Post #14
    Language
    Australian
    Thanks
    Thanked 17,554 times in 2,528 posts

The following excerpts confirm the dangerous and socially engineered cultural shift of words and meaning that are creating a generation of emotionally unhinged minions who are taking up the mantle of worship and service to their elite Tech overlords.

A uni student today, for example, can be classified as a trauma victim just because they don't Iike someone saying something in opposition to their own thought - if we can call it thought, as I have to wonder some days.

Gone are the days when sticks and stones may break my bones but names will never hurt me.

I appreciate Bubu that the cultural definition of trauma may not be the premise of your discussion here, nevertheless it is important that we keep abreast of these shifting definitions as they mean entirely different things from one generation to the next.  And it does appear from your last post that you may even be comfortable with the word trauma being used to describe discomforts such as eating or riding a bus.

But if we are going to steal a word and dilute it to mean something entirely different, then we should have the decency to replace the word.  This hasn't happened I'm afraid and now those who have/do experience trauma,  from the once common definition, are at best in a fringe limbo, or labelled unreasonable and hysterical by those getting hysterical over a nose bleed.

I've seen this type of thing happen and it is insane.  But the creative oligarchs and their inheritors don't care as they know the older generations will die off; leaving them sitting on thrones worshipped by a litter of runts barely able to cope, let alone take up a real cause for rebellion.

--------------------

In “Concept Creep: Psychology's Expanding Concepts of Harm and Pathology,” Haslam argues that concepts like abuse, bullying, trauma, mental disorder, addiction, and prejudice, “now encompass a much broader range of phenomena than before,”expanded meanings that reflect “an ever-increasing sensitivity to harm.”

He calls these expansions of meaning “concept creep.”

[...]

Expanded Notions of Trauma

Trauma originally referred to a physical injury to the body. In bygone wars, many who experienced what World War I soldiers called “shell shock,” and what is now called Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder, were denied sympathy, care and treatment for their condition.

Thanks to “concept creep,” today’s veterans are treated better. Meanwhile, the concept of trauma generally, and PTSD particularly, is expanding to include lesser harms.

Haslam writes:

In recent years, trauma theorists and practitioners have proposed including childbirth, sexual harassment, infidelity, and emotional losses such as abandonment by a spouse or loss or a sudden move or loss of home within that range. These extensions are sometimes justified empirically by research showing that these events can precipitate PTSD symptoms (e.g., Carlson, Smith, & Dalenberg, 2013). Nevertheless, they represent a lowering of the threshold of severity for traumatic events.

A recent definition of trauma produced by the U.S. Government’s Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration exemplifies this lowering:

Individual trauma results from an event, series of events, or set of circumstances that is experienced by an individual as physically or emotionally harmful or threatening and that has lasting adverse effects on the individual’s functioning and physical, social, emotional, or spiritual well-being.

This definition abandons most of the restrictive elements of DSM’s Criterion A.

A traumatic event need not be a discrete event, need not involve serious threats to life or limb, need not be outside normal experience, need not be likely to create marked distress in almost everyone, and need not even produce marked distress in the traumatized person, who must merely experience it as “harmful.” Under this definition the concept of trauma is rendered much broader and more subjective than it was even three decades ago.

Indeed, by the government’s definition, a Wellesley student who saw that statue of a man in his underwear, perceived the event as “emotionally threatening” and experienced “lasting adverse effects” on her “spiritual well-being” is a trauma victim.

Since the same designation also encompasses victims of torture and brutal sexual assaults, and people who experience adverse effects as extreme as suicide, an inevitable effect of this “concept creep” is to leave us without language to distinguish classic trauma,
    even though isolating such cases might be useful or necessary.

https://www.theatlantic.com/politics...-creep/477939/
    Last edited by Gemma13; 9th March 2022 at 08:33.

28. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Gemma13 For This Post:

Bill Ryan (9th March 2022), Bubu (9th March 2022), ExomatrixTV (9th March 2022), Johnnycomelately (9th March 2022), Mike (9th March 2022), speculiar (9th March 2022)

29. Link to Post #15
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Gemma13 (here)
    The following excerpts confirm...
    Good post, Gemma.

30. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Johnnycomelately For This Post:

Bill Ryan (9th March 2022), Bubu (9th March 2022), ExomatrixTV (9th March 2022), Mike (9th March 2022)

31. Link to Post #16
    Language
    English
    Thanks

(In response to Gemma and Mike)

Pain is subjective, and people have different thresholds. Each body / mind is different, and each person experiences the world a little differently through their particular set of perceptual lenses...

If someone is obviously emotionally, or physically weak, should you pity them, and try to help...or let them 'suffer'...? If their overblown imagination tells them they've experienced trauma, but, they've not experienced enough trauma, or the right kind of trauma, according to your way of thinking, should they be ridiculed, and left to their own devices, even if it destroys them...? Can you be destroyed by an overactive imagination, and poison words from a poison media / educational system?

I agree that many key definitions have been tampered with, and they're deliberately trying to weaken the populace by making them soft in the heads and hearts. Most of that exists in the mind, as part of the 'word matrix', which exists alongside the physical, immediate reality. We should not allow our logical matrices to be corrupted in such a way. They are extremely important in determining human behavior. If you want to change how people generally perceive, and react, to the trials and travails of life, start there...the logical framework...

So yes, most of the youth could do with a bit of toughening up, a bit of healthy opposition, this is very true; taken with the right attitude and mindset, adversity can make a better, stronger, wiser person for having undergone it. The world can be a very cruel place, in a very casual sort of way, and we need a healthy 'immune system', so to speak...

However, measuring someone else's trauma is a tricky business, especially when you're talking about large groups, in the abstract. I wouldn't be so quick to throw the younger generations out just because they are easily traumatized. In a true crisis, one must adapt to survive, that is our nature as limited, mortal beings. We all undergo many radical transformations throughout the course of life. I don't consider them to be a lost cause, even if they may appear to be that way sometimes. So, we'll see what happens.
    Last edited by speculiar; 9th March 2022 at 12:42.

32. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to speculiar For This Post:

Bill Ryan (9th March 2022), Bubu (9th March 2022), Mike (9th March 2022)

33. Link to Post #17
    Language
    Australian
    Thanks
    Thanked 17,554 times in 2,528 posts

Hi speculiar, appreciate your post.

Quote I wouldn't be so quick to throw the younger generations out just because they are easily traumatized.
    The confusion here is a judgement that speaking truth to this situation, candidly, humorously, or with grit, defaults to having a lack of empathy or compassion... and that couldn't be further from the truth.

It is because of empathy and compassion that we speak out.  Valor is a braid of love.  I speak it in support of the younger generations, hoping to contribute to the much needed deprogramming, and because two of my children have been brainwashed and indoctrinated into this cult that is driving destructive cultural shifts.

34. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Gemma13 For This Post:

Bill Ryan (24th August 2023), Bubu (9th March 2022), Mike (9th March 2022)

35. Link to Post #18
    United States Avalon Member Mike's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 50,310 times in 5,692 posts

(In response to Gemma and Mike)

Pain is subjective, and people have different thresholds. Each body / mind is different, and each person experiences the world a little differently through their particular set of perceptual lenses...

If someone is obviously emotionally, or physically weak, should you pity them, and try to help...or let them 'suffer'...? If their overblown imagination tells them they've experienced trauma, but, they've not experienced enough trauma, or the right kind of trauma, according to your way of thinking, should they be ridiculed, and left to their own devices, even if it destroys them...? Can you be destroyed by an overactive imagination, and poison words from a poison media / educational system?

I agree that many key definitions have been tampered with, and they're deliberately trying to weaken the populace by making them soft in the heads and hearts. Most of that exists in the mind, as part of the 'word matrix', which exists alongside the physical, immediate reality. We should not allow our logical matrices to be corrupted in such a way. They are extremely important in determining human behavior. If you want to change how people generally perceive, and react, to the trials and travails of life, start there...the logical framework...

So yes, most of the youth could do with a bit of toughening up, a bit of healthy opposition, this is very true; taken with the right attitude and mindset, adversity can make a better, stronger, wiser person for having undergone it. The world can be a very cruel place, in a very casual sort of way, and we need a healthy 'immune system', so to speak...

However, measuring someone else's trauma is a tricky business, especially when you're talking about large groups, in the abstract. I wouldn't be so quick to throw the younger generations out just because they are easily traumatized. In a true crisis, one must adapt to survive, that is our nature as limited, mortal beings. We all undergo many radical transformations throughout the course of life. I don't consider them to be a lost cause, even if they may appear to be that way sometimes. So, we'll see what happens.

Well said there. It's a tricky business indeed.

Everyone has a different capacity for controversy, and that should be accommodated one way or another. Having said that, the space between the people who don't have much capacity for controversy vis a vis the people who do has widened exponentially in recent years. And that's a real problem.

It begins in the schools. It begins with the coddling of the mind, low expectations, and a lesser emphasis on a merit based approach and more of an emphasis on "inclusion" and participation trophies. When kids don't have to earn things they grow to expect them. And over time they go from entitled, bratty kids to insufferable college students to tyrannical adults.

It's very dangerous. And it's all being done under a hypothetical compassion, which makes it even more sinister. Because people who oppose are made to look like bigots or worse.

It's a balance. Discomfort is needed to grow and evolve and strengthen oneself. Too much discomfort will do the exact opposite. What's happening now is that discomfort and challenges of any kind are being systematically removed and stigmatized and labeled "trauma". Lots of reasons for this. But it's not helping people, it's making them weaker mentally and emotionally and physically. And, ironically, making them even more susceptible to real trauma in the future
    Last edited by Mike; 9th March 2022 at 17:48.

36. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Mike For This Post:

Bill Ryan (24th August 2023), Bubu (9th March 2022), ExomatrixTV (9th March 2022), speculiar (9th March 2022)

37. Link to Post #19
    Thanks

Thanks Gemma, Speculoar and Mike for the nice post. I think it is important to define Trauma or any word or main word in every discussion to avoid confusion. I'd like to suggest that we stick with the level of pain that creates a genetic imprint as the definition of trauma in this discussion. I think our genes cahnges all the time to adapt to every situation. For example I had just move from a warm city 25 to 33 C to a colder highlands 18 to 29C. Rigth now I am back in the city and I can feel the discomfort of warmer weather. On the other hand I have adapted to the colder weather in the highlands where the temperature is comfortable for me already. This gene changes are coping mechanism (adapting)
    On My last post I am talking of accumulted discomfort ("from every little discomfort"). I do think that a sustained discomfort will eventually make a genetic imprint.
    As in almost anything that exist pain is an spectrum. By this I mean we can put discomfort mild pain severe pain trauma and shock on the same spectrum. And I honestly believe from observation of many years that a discomfort or even a mild discomfort sustained for decades will eventually make a genetic imprint.

As I have alluded on my last post the new generation is subjected to little discomforts all the time starting from a two day old infant. Thus they easily break with even a mild pain because they are pre streesed already. Its like a shelve with hundreds of can goods add five more and it breaks.
    You may go to "quora" and be amazed by the many complain of "depression".

Going back to the highlands now. Thanks to everyone who have contributed in this discussion. Looking forward to reading more comments when I have the chance to go online. Please carry on with the discussion.
    Last edited by Bubu; 9th March 2022 at 18:20.

38. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Bubu For This Post:

Bill Ryan (24th August 2023), ExomatrixTV (9th March 2022), Johnnycomelately (10th March 2022), Mike (9th March 2022), speculiar (10th March 2022)

39. Link to Post #20
    UK Avalon Member
    Thanks

Great post by the way.

I think we are all negatively influenced subconsciously by the mild control propaganda spouted 24/7 through media channels and our electronic black mirrors. If you are awake you suffer more as:

a) Your know you are basically 'defiled' at a subconscious level.
    b) It's very difficult to avoid either directly or by proxy [others 'got' by the scams, your husband, wife or children perhaps].
    c) Your outward pity and empathy for what humanity and society is conditioned to become.

I and many others, especially the awake, suffer deeply from this 'trauma' and it's certainly not based on self pity.
    Last edited by jimbobule; 11th March 2022 at 07:52.

40. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to jimbobule For This Post:

Bill Ryan (24th August 2023), Bubu (23rd March 2022), speculiar (11th March 2022)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast