+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Company Plans to Dig World's Deepest Hole to Unleash Boundless Energy

1. Link to Post #1
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,908 times in 1,388 posts

Angry Company Plans to Dig World's Deepest Hole to Unleash Boundless Energy

https://www.vice.com/en/article/g5qk...undless-energy

A company that plans to drill deeper into Earth than ever before, creating holes that would extend a record-shattering 12 miles under our planet’s surface, has raised a total of $63 million since its launch in 2020.

Most recently, Quaise Energy, a startup that aims to revolutionize the geothermal energy market, secured $40 million in series A funding in February, reports Axios. The goal of these super-deep holes is to access a limitless amount of renewable energy from the heat deep inside Earth.

This is INSANE!

2. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to bogeyman For This Post:

Ankle Biter (11th March 2022), Bill Ryan (10th March 2022), Brigantia (10th March 2022), ClearWater (11th March 2022), earthdreamer (14th March 2022), Ewan (10th March 2022), ExomatrixTV (13th March 2022), Harmony (11th March 2022), I should cocoa (11th March 2022), Johnnycomelately (10th March 2022), Mark (Star Mariner) (11th March 2022), Merkaba360 (11th March 2022), Sunny-side-up (13th March 2022), wondering (10th March 2022)

3. Link to Post #2
    Thanks
    Thanked 55,035 times in 8,168 posts

Default Re: Company Plans to Dig World's Deepest Hole to Unleash Boundless Energy

The first thought that surfaced in my head when I read that was what I heard the 'Atlanteans' did and it ended their era/civilisation.
    ..................................................my first language is TYPO..............................................

4. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to norman For This Post:

Bill Ryan (10th March 2022), bogeyman (10th March 2022), ClearWater (11th March 2022), earthdreamer (14th March 2022), Ewan (10th March 2022), Harmony (11th March 2022), Heart to heart (11th March 2022), I should cocoa (11th March 2022), meeradas (11th March 2022), Merkaba360 (11th March 2022), Mike Gorman (11th March 2022), Sunny-side-up (13th March 2022), wondering (10th March 2022)

5. Link to Post #3
    Canada Avalon Member Johnnycomelately's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,577 times in 981 posts

Default Re: Company Plans to Dig World's Deepest Hole to Unleash Boundless Energy

Quote Posted by bogeyman (here)
    https://www.vice.com/en/article/g5qk...undless-energy

A company that plans to drill deeper into Earth than ever before, creating holes that would extend a record-shattering 12 miles under our planet’s surface, has raised a total of $63 million since its launch in 2020.

Most recently, Quaise Energy, a startup that aims to revolutionize the geothermal energy market, secured $40 million in series A funding in February, reports Axios. The goal of these super-deep holes is to access a limitless amount of renewable energy from the heat deep inside Earth.

This is INSANE!
    Interesting.

Here is a report from the center at MIT that Quaise Energy was spun off from, dated Sept 2009. An 8 page PDF, goes into more technical detail than the Vice story.

https://library.psfc.mit.edu/catalog...rr011_full.pdf
    Last edited by Johnnycomelately; 11th March 2022 at 00:06.

6. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Johnnycomelately For This Post:

Alecs (11th March 2022), Bill Ryan (11th March 2022), bogeyman (11th March 2022), ClearWater (11th March 2022), earthdreamer (14th March 2022), Ewan (11th March 2022), Harmony (11th March 2022), Merkaba360 (11th March 2022)

7. Link to Post #4
    United States Avalon Member
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,945 times in 1,689 posts

This is just a tidbit of memory connected with "drilling to the center of the Earth, etc." When the Americans were trying to drill similarly they failed. In a discussion of this subject, it was said that they had hit DIAMOND at five miles. Either that would have been built by some race to protect itself, OR the internal heat and pressures of this level of the Earth combined to convert the carbon there to SOLID DIAMOND. Two thoughts arise. If it were possible to disrupt this diamond formed under such great temperature and pressure, you will also create a volcano of matter, then when enough pressure has been released, the EARTH that has been held up thereby will cave in, a la Atlantis. Possibly also Florida if gas mining is started there. Miami would go for a swim, and depending on where drilling takes place and the unpredictable movement of gas underneath, Florida would sink, water supply would be disrupted, and a mountain of land could rise in the Atlantic pushed up by the gas. This fits an Edgar Casey prediction for the Atlantic area directly East of Southern Georgia.

The third story is about the drilling which apparently ruptured something underground which resulted in hot magma pouring into a human subterranean dwelling place. A microphone or some other device inserted got the screams of people, a loudspeaker with a man's voice shouting orders, all interpreted as "They broke into Hell." Well if you were living in an underground city and a hole suddenly opened in the ceiling emitting boiling magma on you, would you not be screaming? This recording was played on the Art Bell radio show Coast to Coast. The point being made is that you cannot go invading what most likely is the domain of others and causing terrible harm to yourself and others because of GREED. When you are inlove (according to the song) smoke gets in your eyes, also with greed. Make peace with Russia and buy their Siberian Gas. Better yet, release the free energy which works wonderfully and you will become wealthier in many other ways as a result.

r

8. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to amor For This Post:

Bill Ryan (11th March 2022), bogeyman (11th March 2022), Harmony (11th March 2022), Heart to heart (11th March 2022), Mikeyboy (11th March 2022), yelik (11th March 2022)

9. Link to Post #5
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,989 times in 1,749 posts

I can imagine pumping lots of water down these wells and reclaiming the steam, you could have an almost eternal supply of steam to drive turbines, geothermal energy would not necessarily involve profoundly deep drilling, surely there are plenty of example of this being used already? I am just thinking out loud here but it occurs to me that heated water would not need too much invasion of the crust, it is more a question of engineering and scale, no?

10. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Mike Gorman For This Post:

amor (13th March 2022), Ankle Biter (11th March 2022), Bill Ryan (11th March 2022), bogeyman (11th March 2022), Harmony (11th March 2022), Merkaba360 (11th March 2022)

11. Link to Post #6
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Quote Posted by amor (here)
    This is just a tidbit of memory connected with "drilling to the center of the Earth, etc." When the Americans were trying to drill similarly they failed. In a discussion of this subject, it was said that they had hit DIAMOND at five miles. Either that would have been built by some race to protect itself, OR the internal heat and pressures of this level of the Earth combined to convert the carbon there to SOLID DIAMOND. Two thoughts arise. If it were possible to disrupt this diamond formed under such great temperature and pressure, you will also create a volcano of matter, then when enough pressure has been released, the EARTH that has been held up thereby will cave in, a la Atlantis. Possibly also Florida if gas mining is started there. Miami would go for a swim, and depending on where drilling takes place and the unpredictable movement of gas underneath, Florida would sink, water supply would be disrupted, and a mountain of land could rise in the Atlantic pushed up by the gas. This fits an Edgar Casey prediction for the Atlantic area directly East of Southern Georgia.

The third story is about the drilling which apparently ruptured something underground which resulted in hot magma pouring into a human subterranean dwelling place. A microphone or some other device inserted got the screams of people, a loudspeaker with a man's voice shouting orders, all interpreted as "They broke into Hell." Well if you were living in an underground city and a hole suddenly opened in the ceiling emitting boiling magma on you, would you not be screaming? This recording was played on the Art Bell radio show Coast to Coast. The point being made is that you cannot go invading what most likely is the domain of others and causing terrible harm to yourself and others because of GREED. When you are inlove (according to the song) smoke gets in your eyes, also with greed. Make peace with Russia and buy their Siberian Gas. Better yet, release the free energy which works wonderfully and you will become wealthier in many other ways as a result.

r
    Haha, fun story. I was going to seriously counterpoint one issue, then I read the rest.

I was going to applaud your second-last sentence’ wish, then I finished.

May I remind you that “a bad argument FOR something, is a good argument AGAINST it.

Now go to your room and think about what you were thinking about. /s? ~8D

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Johnnycomelately For This Post:

Bill Ryan (11th March 2022), bogeyman (11th March 2022), Harmony (11th March 2022)

13. Link to Post #7
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Mike Gorman (here)
    I can imagine pumping lots of water down these wells and reclaiming the steam, you could have an almost eternal supply of steam to drive turbines, geothermal energy would not necessarily involve profoundly deep drilling, surely there are plenty of example of this being used already? I am just thinking out loud here but it occurs to me that heated water would not need too much invasion of the crust, it is more a question of engineering and scale, no?
    Hi Mike. Yes, I agree with your skepticism of the implied need for this scale. My 1st summer drilling rig job in Alberta, my Driller told me that bottom hole temp was around 220F, at not more than 4000m depth (rating of Nabors 24E at that time, which I found out later). It seems like they are hyping this engineering for the ‘clean energy’ cause.

My daydreams of cleaving and forming rock never suggested/implied so much energy required. Not talking stone-chip tools. Ever wanted to make a megalith house? ~8)

14. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Johnnycomelately For This Post:

Ankle Biter (11th March 2022), Bill Ryan (11th March 2022), bogeyman (11th March 2022), Ewan (11th March 2022), Harmony (11th March 2022)

15. Link to Post #8
    Australia Avalon Member Ankle Biter's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,662 times in 368 posts

Quote Posted by Mike Gorman (here)
    New Zealand does this and so too does Iceland I think among many other Geothermal players. Even Australia has tried their hand, and yes Mike, you're correct. Heated water pumped through hot granites which aren't too deep is a much more feasible and realistic way to produce energy.

Drilling super deep where extreme pressure and heat is encountered is asking for trouble. Drilling just a medium oil or gas well can run into all kinds of issues and that's going through softer sedimentary deposits. The deepest was the Kola that took 20 years I believe to reach 12 miles down. Conventional rotary drilling will only get you so far and this start up mentions something called millimeter wave drilling which I know nothing about. But a quick glance of that tool looks all well and good with use of ground breaking tech etc... but will it work at those depths in that heat? Just to remove from bottom hole to surface will take days and days of pulling pipe. Their current budget needs to be x10 at least.
    To the mind that is still, the whole universe surrenders. -Lao Tzu

I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer.

16. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Ankle Biter For This Post:

Bill Ryan (11th March 2022), bogeyman (11th March 2022), earthdreamer (14th March 2022), Ewan (11th March 2022), Harmony (11th March 2022), Johnnycomelately (11th March 2022)

17. Link to Post #9
    Thanks
    Thanked 457,524 times in 32,788 posts

The Russians have been drilling deep for a long time. But their own record was 'only' 12 km.

https://fuelfighter.co.uk/blog/drilling-crude-oil

Here's a fun image: (almost as deep as the oil well )

18. The Following 17 Users Say Thank You to Bill Ryan For This Post:

Alan (11th March 2022), Ankle Biter (11th March 2022), avid (11th March 2022), bogeyman (11th March 2022), earthdreamer (14th March 2022), Ewan (11th March 2022), Harmony (11th March 2022), Jambo (11th March 2022), Johnnycomelately (11th March 2022), kudzy (11th March 2022), Le Chat (13th March 2022), Mark (Star Mariner) (11th March 2022), meat suit (11th March 2022), Michi (14th March 2022), pyrangello (11th March 2022), Sunny-side-up (13th March 2022), Yoda (11th March 2022)

19. Link to Post #10
    United States Avalon Member
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,945 times in 1,689 posts

Once again, I remember reading of a device said to have been invented many years ago which is compact and has been producing free energy for many many years without blowing the quantum energy system in which we exist to pieces. There is also the Magneto-motor system. As far as I can fathom these have to be energy feedback systems without loss of energy in the process. Is it the banking system plus oil men's greed plus the need to support governments through taxation of energy production which is the fly in the ointment working against free energy? Well, it seems to me that the former deterrents are coming to a great blowout now. Citizens have to INSIST that we move on or make our representatives WHO DO NOT REPRESENT US AND NEVER HAVE, MOVE ON. If they can pass legislation to murder off the human race, they can pass legislation to remove the patent laws which have been withholding free energy from us by paying off the inventors (let us buy your invention and hide it from us forever, or else).

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to amor For This Post:

Ankle Biter (18th March 2022), Reinhard (13th March 2022)

21. Link to Post #11
    Netherlands Avalon Member ExomatrixTV's Avatar
    Language
    English, Dutch, German, Limburgs
    Thanks
    Thanked 125,663 times in 20,817 posts

... just kidding
    cheers,
    John 🦜🦋🌳

--o-O-o--
    Last edited by ExomatrixTV; 13th March 2022 at 15:15.
    No need to follow anyone, only consider broadening (y)our horizon of possibilities ...

22. The Following User Says Thank You to ExomatrixTV For This Post:

Ankle Biter (18th March 2022)

+ Reply to Thread