+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 4 5 LastLast

Thread: What are the questions you are most driven to find answers to?

1. Link to Post #61
    Administrator Mark (Star Mariner)'s Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 35,829 times in 4,352 posts

Default Re: What are the questions you are most driven to find answers to?

Quote Posted by Chester (here)

So where then in 'your reality' fit all the experiences experienced by others that do not fall within the paradigm you are insinuating? Are those people just delusional?
    Please describe them, as I'm not aware of the experiences you're referring to.
    "When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace."
    ~ Jimi Hendrix

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mark (Star Mariner) For This Post:

Harmony (19th March 2022), mojo (23rd March 2022)

3. Link to Post #62
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,587 times in 1,720 posts

Quote Posted by pine boy (here)
    Why, as a species do we always resort to war?
    It's uncomfortable and disturbing but everything seems to be a conflict. I mean we either do or do not but why we gotta fight about it?
    I believe it's because we are controlled by the greedy who make a lot of $$
    out of war, who in turn are controlled by a higher form of being.
    Last edited by East Sun; 19th March 2022 at 14:58.
    Question Everything, always speak truth... Make the best of today, for there may not be a tomorrow!!! But, that's OK because tomorrow never comes, so we have nothing to worry about!!!

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to East Sun For This Post:

Harmony (23rd March 2022), Maybee (24th March 2022), mojo (23rd March 2022)

5. Link to Post #63
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,587 times in 1,720 posts

We can see space all around us but not time. Just had a thought, "the only indication of time
    that is ultimate is, everything changes always, we get older, but that could happen without time."

Never thought about this very much, but time, maybe, had no beginning and will never end
    even when we do, so it could be said to be a constant in existence.
    Question Everything, always speak truth... Make the best of today, for there may not be a tomorrow!!! But, that's OK because tomorrow never comes, so we have nothing to worry about!!!

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to East Sun For This Post:

Harmony (23rd March 2022), mojo (23rd March 2022)

7. Link to Post #64
    United States Avalon Member Chester's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 33,206 times in 5,691 posts

Quote Posted by Mark (Star Mariner) (here)

So where then in 'your reality' fit all the experiences experienced by others that do not fall within the paradigm you are insinuating? Are those people just delusional?
    Please describe them, as I'm not aware of the experiences you're referring to.
    Read, for example, some Philip K. Dick for a plethora of examples.
    All the above is all and only my opinion - all subject to change and not meant to be true for anyone else regardless of how I phrase it.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Chester For This Post:

Harmony (23rd March 2022), mojo (23rd March 2022)

9. Link to Post #65
    Philippines Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,270 times in 2,725 posts

Quote Posted by Mari (here)
    Quote Posted by Ron Mauer Sr (here)
    What is the best method for me to establish clear two way communication with pure, positive, wise, loving energy? A source I can trust.

Hi Ron, maybe the answer to that is to try to be a pure, wise and loving energy yourself, as often as you can. As we give out energetically, we attract back in abundance. If your energy signature (vibration) is wise, loving and positive, then you will quickly attract a person or a beautiful event, that mirrors those qualities.
    beautful answer. One can only recieve/hear vibes that he is attuned to. Positive loving energy can only be heard by loving and posititve people. No different than radio waves or electromagnetic recievers or even our ear drums. It only recieve vibes that its designed to. try to show love to a loving person and he will reciprocate almost instantly. Send positive and loving energy and you will recieve/hear the same very clearly.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Bubu For This Post:

Harmony (23rd March 2022)

11. Link to Post #66
    Language
    English
    Thanks

He was neither a mystic, a philosopher, or even a scientist. Philip K. Dick was a science fiction writer. The paradigms and theories he presents in his science fiction (mightily drugged fuelled, he was a self-professed amphetamine addict) are not a good foundation on which to build one's view of reality. It is in fact probably the worst. Ask any ex-Scientologist.
    ~ Jimi Hendrix

12. Link to Post #67
    Language
    English
    Thanks

He was neither a mystic, a philosopher, or even a scientist. Philip K. Dick was a science fiction writer. The paradigms and theories he presents in his science fiction (mightily drugged fuelled, he was a self-professed amphetamine addict) are not a good foundation on which to build one's view of reality. It is in fact probably the worst. Ask any ex-Scientologist.
    Then smoke this... https://astediscovery.com/COVID/DEPOPULATION.htm

...and get back to me in 2026.
    All the above is all and only my opinion - all subject to change and not meant to be true for anyone else regardless of how I phrase it.

13. Link to Post #68
    Language
    English
    Thanks

I thought we were talking about experiences. Nothing here has been experientially observed. It's a depopulation forecast. I fail to see how this has any bearing on anything under discussion, specifically the reality of spiritual truth.
    ~ Jimi Hendrix

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Mark (Star Mariner) For This Post:

avid (23rd March 2022)

15. Link to Post #69
    Language
    English
    Thanks

I thought we were talking about experiences. Nothing here has been experientially observed. It's a depopulation forecast. I fail to see how this has any bearing on anything under discussion, specifically the reality of spiritual truth.
    The thread is entitled "What are the questions you are most driven to find answers to?"

Is "your version" of what you determine to be "spiritual truth" (and thus, all-encompassing reality) the only question anyone else should explore? Should I complain to mods that my thread is being derailed by a mod who wishes to impose their version of what they believe to be "spiritual truth" upon the rest of us?

Is your "spiritual truth" sanctioned by Project Avalon? I doubt it, but I have learned not to assume.

Seriously... how are others here able to explore their potential truths when an authority of the forum is imposing theirs as the only possible and all-encompassing truth? Is this what Bill wants this forum to become?
    Last edited by Chester; 23rd March 2022 at 17:42.

16. Link to Post #70
    United States Avalon Member Mark's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 24,485 times in 2,851 posts

For me, the question is, who are we, as Terran Humanity? What is our greatest destiny and how can we achieve it, together?

17. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Mark For This Post:

Chester (26th March 2022), Harmony (24th March 2022), Kryztian (23rd March 2022), Mark (Star Mariner) (24th March 2022), Patient (24th March 2022), Spiral (26th March 2022), Victoria (24th March 2022), Wind (24th March 2022)

18. Link to Post #71
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,033 times in 2,655 posts

Quote Posted by Mark (here)
    For me, the question is, who are we, as Terran Humanity? What is our greatest destiny and how can we achieve it, together?
    For me I see that as humans we are learning to bring our spiritual realisations into how we make choices to improve the way we see the world as a whole and how we manage our relationship with all life forms on the planet. It seems to really matter for the health of the whole that we must love ourselves and each other too.

19. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Harmony For This Post:

Chester (26th March 2022), Mark (24th March 2022), Mark (Star Mariner) (24th March 2022), Patient (24th March 2022), Victoria (24th March 2022), Wind (24th March 2022)

20. Link to Post #72
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Is "your version" of what you determine to be "spiritual truth" (and thus, all-encompassing reality) the only question anyone else should explore?
    You do realise that regarding the nature of reality this is the prevailing conclusion. I'm not "imposing" that on anyone. But you asked the question. You asked it in the opening post: "what's the purpose of life?" You make it clear that you don't know and that you're searching for truth and for meaning, which is great. So I responded. I gave an answer. That's what one does with a question. I answered by stating that the underlying reality is fundamentally spiritual.

I honestly didn't think that would be controversial. To address your concern, No, that position is not sanctioned by Project Avalon, but it is generally implied in the subtitle: "where science meets spirituality". Spiritual themes are the bulk of matter on this forum, and really, the majority of Avalon members are somewhere on that same page, that a Prime Creator or a spiritual force greater than they are exists. I'm sorry that my making a defined pronouncement about that offends you. I seriously don't know why, on a spiritual forum.

Honestly, if you don't buy into it, that's fine. Take it or leave it. No harm, no foul. I had simply hoped you would take it into consideration (in a thread where you're searching for answers) - that's all, to explore this subject and ask further questions. Because questions, they're almost infinite. Believe me, I still have a ton of them. We all do!
    ~ Jimi Hendrix

21. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mark (Star Mariner) For This Post:

Harmony (25th March 2022), norman (24th March 2022)

22. Link to Post #73
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Harmony (here)
    For me I see that as humans we are learning to bring our spiritual realisations into how we make choices to improve the way we see the world as a whole and how we manage our relationship with all life forms on the planet. It seems to really matter for the health of the whole that we must love ourselves and each other too.
    So feeling this. I feel that, with communications technology being what it is these days, we are more connected now than we've probably ever been as a global society with a population of over 8 billion. Because that connection is nigh instantaneous, things that happen on the other side of the world from wherever we are, are known faster than they've ever been. This makes it possible for us to experience events almost simultaneously, which can heighten our emotional connectivity and also increase the amounts of energy around certain events as well. These events can be positive and negative, we could see emotional energetic spikes or heart coherence levels synching over vast regions of the planet.

One thing that I've found that hate does, is guarantee a succeeding rise in love energy. We have seen, in our lives, that when we all make decisions together, it shifts the collective thought process around ideas and the way it was before simply fades into history. It was that way as recently as yesterday, but it is no longer that way today.

23. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Mark For This Post:

Harmony (25th March 2022), Mark (Star Mariner) (25th March 2022), Victoria (24th March 2022), Wind (24th March 2022)

24. Link to Post #74
    England Avalon Member
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,130 times in 218 posts

What baffles me is this...
    Where does the bible and church fit into all of the aliens, targeted individuals and fighting the government? because my experiences I've gone through defy the bible. sorry...

25. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Angels1981 For This Post:

Chester (26th March 2022), Harmony (25th March 2022), Spiral (26th March 2022), Victoria (24th March 2022)

26. Link to Post #75
    Language
    English
    Thanks

So feeling this. I feel that, with communications technology being what it is these days, we are more connected now than we've probably ever been as a global society with a population of over 8 billion. Because that connection is nigh instantaneous, things that happen on the other side of the world from wherever we are, are known faster than they've ever been. This makes it possible for us to experience events almost simultaneously, which can heighten our emotional connectivity and also increase the amounts of energy around certain events as well. These events can be positive and negative, we could see emotional energetic spikes or heart coherence levels synching over vast regions of the planet.

One thing that I've found that hate does, is guarantee a succeeding rise in love energy. We have seen, in our lives, that when we all make decisions together, it shifts the collective thought process around ideas and the way it was before simply fades into history. It was that way as recently as yesterday, but it is no longer that way today.

What you have written is very interesting. I have to go to town now for an appointment and I will reply a bit later

27. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Harmony For This Post:

Mark (25th March 2022), Victoria (28th March 2022)

28. Link to Post #76
    Language
    English
    Thanks

I like to take my time when thinking about these kind of interesting topics. Your answer Mark is most interesting and I like to think about it from looking at the big picture highg above the world.

Thinking about this question “What are the questions you are most driven to find answers to” and one answer seems to branch off into all things somehow.

Your post Mark, really does make one think about the collective conciousness and how the energy dynamics of the process, especially with the large world population now, could be a method of changing or creating a paradigm shift. Also it can explain how what looks to be a negative (bad things happening in the world), then the response of more love, could be slowly stepping up the collective conciousness. The power of each of us as a fractal of the whole, each contributing by our own growth in the way we look at the world could be an approach to looking at how the whole does change and how knowledge of that process could be used constructively with intention.

My mind ponders of how the world is and how we might like it to be and what went wrong along the way to get where we are. There does seem to be two main kinds of intentions leading to two kind of realities. One adds to the whole and becomes more individually and as a whole, and the other leads to a kind of parasitic eating of ones own civilisation.

We are kind of a result of our thinking and how over lifetimes we have been moulded into such a state we can loose our way of where we have come from, why we are here and where we are going. Those questions are the biggest questions I end up asking most often, as I am sure many others do as well.

Love is most often stated as the answer to guide our intentions. What is love really, what does it create in the energy fields and how are we changed by such a state of being.

I sometimes see a space of where that has happened. Where the power of love is a “state of being” where all else can not exist. Love makes war and hurt and illness and imbalance and fear and protecting our selves from danger quite obsolete.

29. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Harmony For This Post:

Chester (26th March 2022), Johnnycomelately (26th March 2022), Mark (25th March 2022), Mark (Star Mariner) (25th March 2022), Patient (28th March 2022), Victoria (28th March 2022), Wind (25th March 2022)

30. Link to Post #77
    Thanks

So many good, interesting and deep comments, thank you so much for engaging around this topic.

I find it to be pressing, in that who we are individually can barely be separated from who we are collectively. We like to think we can, but we really can't. We like to think we are individuated and we are, to a large extent, but it could be argued, to an even larger extent, that we are shaped by our environmental and familial surrounds and much of what we think and do is a part of a greater mental and spiritual context of which we are barely consciously aware. Take the example of a lone seeker who spends years on a mountaintop developing their concentration and higher spiritual faculties. That work does not just affect that individual, but also the collective, ranging from his spiritual family to his physical family and then outwards, reverberating into the collective consciousness of oceanic humanity itself. Or, conversely, consider the impact of one murder upon a family, upon a community, a war upon a nation, a region, the world. The negative and positive outcomes of our thoughts, words and deeds become an indelible record for which we are collectively responsible, no matter our personal philosophies of individualism or separation.

The question does indeed branch off into all things, because all questions are related, as all answers, in the end, are the same!

Yes, indeed there are organizations that seek to impact the whole in such a way, who are involved in collective meditations, in tandem with other organizations, to shift the nature of humanity. It seems that, in order to shift meta-narratives at the local or global level, certain numbers are required to make an impact. Meditations have been done locally that half or slow down crime, that shift energetic states in a measurable manner, even globally. Events that have affected entire nations have also been measured and we know the impact can be great upon societies and even the globe. I would argue that we all decided, around the George Floyd event, that police shouldn't be able to just kill folks on camera and get away with it. Even if we later backtracked and took note of the craziness that people bring to everything we do with our political posturing and egocentric ideations, we all did decide to make a change and we have.

In my understanding of the nature of reality, I don't see things as going wrong or even right, I just see them as they are. Present and able to influence people to make their own choices in either one of two polar directions or maintaining stasis, somewhere in the middle or along the sliding grey scale. Good outcomes come from bad events, and bad outcomes come from good events, there are consequences to every choice. We have our druthers and, harkening back unto my earlier statement, our druthers often have collective roots. We think they are ours alone, but of course there are others who feel as we do, maybe for the same reasons; that we learned to be the way we are from our experiences as youths, or we took on certain philosophies we liked or heard about, or tried to be like some outstanding example of humanity in our own lives, our mothers, fathers, uncles, aunts, friends or greater, societal role models. There are archetypal templates for personalities, that we mix and match, meld and fuse together in order to create our own unique and personalized versions of egocentric individuality. And so we decide and live, based upon those druthers, according to shared moral and ethical codes, even those of us who decry such props and live doing what we will as the whole of the law. Even that, is a shared template, within the greater and interlocked community of beingness, all of it integrally interconnected and interactive, all of it connecting, synthesizing, becoming something more than the sum of its parts, perhaps some grander expression of the will and intent of Terran humanity, something which we are all a part of and all affect, whether we know or believe it, or not.

Those two "main kinds of intentions" you mention are the polarity. I would agree with that, but I would also offer that they are confused in the collective space, right now. For instance, many of us in the Alternative Community believe that we are separate from those who are in the mainstream community, when many of us are often only the polar expression of that mainstream community and not really looking to create a new world. Many here want the same world, or a return to a world of the past, because so much is changing in so many ways right now. So, in my viewpoint and perspective, many "conspiracy theorists", especially this newer wave that has arrived upon our shores in the last 6 years or so, are the opposite pole of the Old World. Those who are of the New World are looking beyond our current paradigms and philosophies and ideologies, to get rid of all the -isms and create something brand new. Those who adhere to this vision and truly seek it are currently in the process of coalescing what that may look like but it is going to take some time and some serious world changes, many unexpected and leading to dire outcomes potentially for many, but perhaps necessary in order to shock us out of the comfort of living our lives as we are used to and truly coming to terms with what it is to be part of an aware and concerned polity seeking to live in harmony with each other and our worlds, and that even includes the Old World as it shifts out and the parameters of the new one begin to take form.

What is love, really? Aw, man. Without direct experience of that Greater Love that is obscured from most of us at birth and when we arrive here, it is hard to see love as anything but a subjective choice we make about people, things and concepts.

With that direct experience? Love is All.

31. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Mark For This Post:

Harmony (25th March 2022), Johnnycomelately (26th March 2022), Kalamos (26th March 2022), Victoria (28th March 2022), Wind (25th March 2022)

32. Link to Post #78
    Language
    English
    Thanks

I want to think about your post above Mark, I feel it holds much for me to think deeply about. I see you speak of the greater picture and much more.

33. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Harmony For This Post:

Johnnycomelately (26th March 2022), Mark (26th March 2022), Patient (28th March 2022), Victoria (28th March 2022)

34. Link to Post #79
    Thanks

These are things I consider often and deeply. I’m glad to share them, there is value in the discussion and in the shared space of beingness.

35. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Mark For This Post:

Harmony (26th March 2022), Johnnycomelately (26th March 2022), Patient (28th March 2022), Victoria (28th March 2022)

36. Link to Post #80
    Canada Avalon Member Johnnycomelately's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,750 times in 998 posts

These are things I consider often and deeply. I’m glad to share them, there is value in the discussion and in the shared space of beingness.
    Hi Mark. My beingness is -challenged, as far as use of words to describe what I think it is. Nice to see your example of clarity and depth of thought. Cheers.

37. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Johnnycomelately For This Post:

Harmony (26th March 2022), Mark (28th March 2022), Patient (28th March 2022), Victoria (28th March 2022)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 4 5 LastLast