+ Reply to Thread

Thread: How the West will be won: The decline and fall of the Bretton Woods Dollar

1. Link to Post #1
    United States Administrator ThePythonicCow's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 138,630 times in 21,529 posts

Default How the West will be won: The decline and fall of the Bretton Woods Dollar

Perhaps Powell is doing an Operation Warp Speed on the debt-money based currency that the Federal Reserve Act of 1913 applied to the U.S.

It was back then, in 1913, that the U.S. government established the Federal Reserve (the Fed), a consortium of private banks, and granted them the right to charge us interest for the being able to order our own US Treasury printing press to print money.

The 1913 Act, in plain terms:

Congress hereby decrees that there shall be a consortium of banks such that:
    1) that consortium must remain anonymous (we cannot know who they are),
    2) that consortium's accounting books must remain private (we can't audit),
    3) that consortium can steal money from our nation's banks,
    4) the more they have stolen so far, the more they can steal even more, and
    5) they get to decide how much more.

Don't worry - what I just wrote doesn't quite make sense. It's been one of the most lucrative scams in human history. It has given the Banksters an exorbitant privilege, enabling them to become richer and richer, as we become poorer and poorer (compounding interest will do that to you.)

The plot thickens, however.

By the way the Fed's rules have been setup in my lifetime, they publicly let some bankers in the City of London determine a key factor in the "how much more" they can steal.

If I had taken out an adjustable rate mortgage (ARM) on my California house back when I lived there, it would have been explicitly written into the mortgage I signed that the interest rate I was to pay would depend on LIBOR, the London InterBank Offer Rate.

For example, I might agree to keep paying LIBOR plus 5% interest rate. If LIBOR went up, I paid higher interest. If LIBOR went down, I paid less, always 5% over LIBOR A few rich old men sitting around a table in a mahogany paneled room in The City decided what the LIBOR rate was each day.

Those rich old men with distinguished British accents are not the friend of the American people, any more than a cow is the friend of a stalk of timothy in a field of grass. Moreover, by the nature of compounding interest, the fatter the cow got, the more it ate.

The cow grazes in the field of our debt. The cow has grown so fat it is about to explode.

Let me switch metaphors. I find the thought of exploding cows abhorrent.

Fear not ... it seems that Fed Chairman Jerome Powell is the attending physician at the bedside of our dollar's assisted suicide.

The suicide concoction, just now injected into our dollar, contains two key ingredients:
    1) rising interest rates, and
    2) stealing depositors money.

Also, the Fed has taken a key control valve from the City's Banksters. The Fed has ordered American banks to replace, in their loan and mortgage contracts that they write) LIBOR with the Secured Overnight Financing Rate (SOFR), which is set by American Banksters, not British Banksters. Our American central bank now better controls the timing of its own inevitable suicide.

In the last few days, Powell has:

1) Started aggressively raising interest rates, and promised to continue raising them further over the rest of 2022.

2) Powell has been party to one of the most outrageous thefts in banking history, which has stolen hundreds of billions of US Dollars, owned by the Russians, that were in deposit in Western banks.

Historically, and no doubt again this time, a string of aggressive interest rate rises will bankrupt many individuals and institutions. This usually leads to economic depression, unemployment, homelessness and even starvation, sickness and death.

For example, when Federal Reserve Chairman Paul Volcker steadily raised the fed funds rate to 20% in 1981, this contractionary monetary policy triggered the worst recession since the Great Depression.

It will be no different in these times, when many individuals, corporations and state and local governments are already max'd out on their credit lines.

This will also, as usual, cause the political party in power, the Blue (D) team this time, to suffer great losses at the polls in the next election, as the people try to throw the bastards out and choose the other team. Unfortunately for Team Blue, they are already facing great difficulties in the Nov 2022 elections, as even their liberal backers admit in public.

It's worse.

As Powell knows and has clearly stated in the past, part of the reason that the American Dollar has continued to be honored as the "World's Reserve Currency", upon which most of the world's trade notes and debt contracts are written, is because America "play's fair". We have a well established Rule of Law here, in our banking and finance institutions (or so we'd like others to believe.)

Stealing some $300 Billion from Russia, for clearly political reasons, without notice, compensation or any chance to appeal, is not playing fair.

When people (or corporations or governments) see their bank steal their money this way, they get busy moving their money (whatever is left of it) out of that bank.

China, Russia, Brasil, India, Iran, the oil exporters in the Middle East, and doubtless other nations are busy getting out of the US Dollar World Reserve Currency system, if they are not already being kicked out by the US, such as for disagreeing on the events in the Ukraine.

This sets in motion the loss of the US Dollar's status as the World's Reserve Currency, which it has held since Bretton Woods at the end of the Second World War. This will drive up the cost to Americans of all imports, as US Dollars and Treasuries will no longer be in special demand.

Powell pulled the pin on both of these grenades, interest rates and deposit security, over the last week.

But ... there may be good news in all this history.

When Volcker caused a major recession in 1981 by raising interest rates sharply, it set in motion a fine economic boom through the rest of the decade, by means of which the West, under warrior, patriot and actor Ronald Reagan crushed the communist Soviet Union.

Now we seem to be setting in motion a return of the Red Team in our Nov 2022 elections, with strong loyalty to warrior, patriot and actor Donald Trump. I'm sure Trump will return to the White House sometime within the year as well. My current guess is that the Red Team will impeach the Biden/Harris administration in early 2023, and bring back Trump that way.

By the current rules of the game, the House could wait until the hour before the Senate convicts, replace Trump as their Speaker, and then Trump would ascend to the Office of the President, an hour later, when the Senate has removed Biden/Harris.

That would be my kind of "insurrection."

Then we could get on with rebuilding America, and crushing the Western half of the Satanic/Canaanite/Magog/Babylonian/Phoenician/Khazarian/Venetian/Vatican/Nazi/Soviet/Anglo-American/Zionist/Neocon/CCP/Name-Stealing evil bastards that have f**ked with humanity for Lord knows how many millennia.
    My quite dormant website: pauljackson.us

2. The Following 23 Users Say Thank You to ThePythonicCow For This Post:

9ideon (28th March 2022), amor (27th March 2022), Ben (24th March 2022), Bill Ryan (28th March 2022), bluestflame (26th March 2022), Chip (26th March 2022), Dennis Leahy (26th March 2022), Dick (24th March 2022), East Sun (26th March 2022), Ewan (29th March 2022), Ioneo (24th March 2022), Journeyman (24th March 2022), kfm27917 (29th March 2022), mojo (26th March 2022), mountain_jim (27th March 2022), Richard S. (25th March 2022), samsdice (25th March 2022), Satori (26th March 2022), Snoweagle (29th March 2022), Spiral (29th March 2022), Sue (Ayt) (26th March 2022), Sunray (25th March 2022), Vangelo (24th March 2022)

3. Link to Post #2
    Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,087 times in 2,422 posts

Default Re: How the West will be won: The decline and fall of the Bretton Woods Dollar

The creature from Jekyll Island entangled the USA (and much of the globe) in a web of debt and now we are running on empty.

The Creature From Jekyll Island. G. Edward Griffin

Web of Debt. Ellen Brown

Running on Empty. Peter Peterson. (Former President of the Council on Foreign Relations and Wall Street insider.)
    Last edited by Satori; 26th March 2022 at 02:20.

4. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Satori For This Post:

amor (27th March 2022), Ba-ba-Ra (26th March 2022), Bill Ryan (28th March 2022), Ewan (29th March 2022), mojo (26th March 2022), mountain_jim (27th March 2022), shaberon (26th March 2022), Spiral (29th March 2022), Sue (Ayt) (26th March 2022), ThePythonicCow (26th March 2022), wondering (29th March 2022), Yoda (26th March 2022)

5. Link to Post #3
    United States Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 21,972 times in 4,055 posts

Default Re: How the West will be won: The decline and fall of the Bretton Woods Dollar

Quote Posted by ThePythonicCow (here)
    A few rich old men sitting around a table in a mahogany paneled room in The City decided what the LIBOR rate was each day.

Those rich old men with distinguished British accents are not the friend of the American people, any more than a cow is the friend of a stalk of timothy in a field of grass. Moreover, by the nature of compounding interest, the fatter the cow got, the more it ate.

The cow grazes in the field of our debt. The cow has grown so fat it is about to explode.

Let me switch metaphors. I find the thought of exploding cows abhorrent.

Silas Marner had a cure for that, it was a funnel filed down to a blade that worked like a big hypodermic needle, and, that was relief.

LIBOR was frequently rigged, shilled, and inside traded, of course. That may have been the advent of supercomputing. It is a carry over from the Gold Fix which worked the same way. There is...sometimes, minor haggling, but yes, generally, it comes down to someone says "this is the price".

Judging from the view that neither Biden nor Harris was electable, I am kind of surprised they have made it this far. Something along these lines did lead to the unelected Ford presidency.

6. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to shaberon For This Post:

amor (27th March 2022), Bill Ryan (28th March 2022), Ewan (29th March 2022), Spiral (29th March 2022), ThePythonicCow (26th March 2022), wondering (29th March 2022)

7. Link to Post #4
    Thanks
    Thanked 78,249 times in 8,656 posts

not sure where this should go, but seems significant to me.

https://twitter.com/clif_high/status...8idE6divENJrmg

https://therussophile.org/its-offici...per-gram.html/

Quote It’s Official! Russia Central bank Announces Ruble Bound to Gold! 5000 Rubles per Gram

The Central Bank of Russia has officially announced that, as of March 28, 2022, the Russian Ruble currency is BOUND to Gold. The rate is 5,000 Rubles per gram of gold bullion.

There are 28 grams in each ounce. 28 grams times 5,000 rubles per Gram is 140,000 Rubles. Ya with me so far?

The conversion rate of Rubles to U.S. Dollars is 100 Rubles, 90 Kopecs, to each US Dollar.

If Rubles are bound to Gold at 5000 Rubles per gram, and there are 28 grams per ounce, meaning one ounce of gold would cost 140,000 Rubles, then converting that to US Dollars means Gold is $1400 per ounce when using Rubles, instead of $1,928 per ounce using Dollars.

Russia just wiped out about thirty percent (30%) of the value of the US Dollar, worldwide, when it comes to Gold Bullion.

People around the world will be literally THROWING their money at the Ruble and DUMPING Dollars and EUROS to do it.

What Russia just did is the financial equivalent of detonating a nuclear bomb.

FWIW, the last guy on this planet who tried to back a currency with Gold, was Muammar Quadaffi of Libya.

NATO went into Libya, bombed the **** out of it, until the people of Libya grabbed Quadaffi on the street, beat him bloody, and put a bullet in his head.

As of this hour, 10:39 PM EDT, I suspect Bankers all over the world are on the phones with each other and with heads of state, instructing them that what Russia has done will totally smash both the US Dollar and the EURO, and those Bankers will be telling the heads of State that World War 3 must commence immediately.

Let me explain why.

Today, the Russian Central Bank pegged Rubles to Gold.

Last week, Russia declared they would only sell OIL and GAS in . . . Rubles.

This means Russian OIL and GAS are pegged to Gold with Rubles as the proxy for Gold.

EFFECT: Europe (that needs Russian Gas and Oil) will now have to buy Rubles from Putin using Gold, or pay for the Oil and Gas with Gold itself.

Currently, the FOREX Rate for Rubles to Dollars is about 100:1

BUT . . . with 5,000 Rubles now equaling one gram of Gold, and oil being priced directly in Gold, we are going to see a MASSIVE price disruption in FOREX markets, in terms of how much Gold a Dollar can still buy.

Foreign countries holding our Dollar Debt Notes in Reserve, will see an immediate, and far less use for them and will want to start dumping them in favor of something more stable; something which holds its value.

Basically, any currency pegged to Gold will fit the bill. which means countries like that — like Japan — will start dumping their Dollar Debt as fast as they can — they are NOT going to go down with the ship! They will move into more stable currencies, like . . . the Ruble.

This will have a DE-flationary effect on the Ruble, making it more valuable over time.

This also means Putin can re-peg the Ruble any time he wants, to like 500, or 50, or 10. IT just keeps getting more valuable for him.

The instant result is that all those foreign countries dumping their Dollar Reserves will cause all those excess Dollars to start coming home, triggering worse hyper-inflation than we already have now in the USA.

Is it any wonder why Biden was on stage last week calling for Regime change in Russia? He is about to have masses of angry and literally starving Americans marching through the streets here at home demanding answers.

later edit

Sorry I did not activate the link to the original post, which shows the correction

https://halturnerradioshow.com/index...ubles-per-gram

Quote UPDATED 10:39 AM EDT -- It's Official! Russia Central bank Announces Ruble Bound to Gold! 5000 Rubles per Gram
    WORLD
    HAL TURNER
    27 MARCH 2022
    HITS: 46894

(UPDATED 10:39 AM EDT SEE BOTTOM) The Central Bank of Russia has officially announced that, as of March 28, 2022, the Russian Ruble currency is BOUND to Gold. The rate is 5,000 Rubles per gram of gold bullion.

(NOTE: This story has been corrected to report "TROY" ounces as opposed to dry ounces, and the values recomputed to reflect there are more grams per TROY ounce than in a dry ounce.)

There are 32 grams in each TROY ounce. 32 grams times 5,000 rubles per Gram is 160,000 Rubles. Ya with me so far?

The conversion rate of Rubles to U.S. Dollars is 100 Rubles, 90 Kopecs, to each US Dollar.

< more at link >

I saw this being discussed by NeonRevolt before Clif retweeted

https://gab.com/NeonRevolt/posts/108026435751497428

Quote ℕ𝔼𝕆ℕ ℝ𝔼𝕍𝕆𝕃𝕋
    @NeonRevolt

I don't think people realized what just happened over the past few days, so I'm going to try to explain what I'm seeing:

The Russian central bank pegged 1 gram of gold to 5000 Rubles (currently, about 50 bucks).

At the same time, Putin made it so that Russian gas and oil can only be purchased in Rubles.

Meaning: Putin basically just pegged Russian oil and gas to gold, using paper rubles as a proxy.

Meaning: Europe will need to either buy Rubles from Putin in gold, in order to buy gas and oil, or they will have to buy directly in gold. Which means, there will soon be a lot more demand for rubles.

Currently, the forex rate for rubles to dollars is about 100:1.

But... with 5000 rubles now equaling 1 gram of gold, and oil being priced directly in gold - you're going to see a massive price disruption in these FOREX markets, in terms of how much gold a dollar can actually still buy.

Foreign countries holding our dollar debt notes in reserve will see less of a use for them, and will want to start dumping them, in order to get something more stable, something which holds its value.

Basically any currency pegged to gold now will fit the bill. Which means those countries - countries like Japan - will be dumping their dollar debt as fast as they can. They're are NOT going to go down with the ship. And they will move into more stable currencies - like the Ruble.

Which will have a deflationary effect on the Ruble, making it more valuable over time.

Which means Putin will be able to re-peg the Ruble to Gold at whatever rate he wants, down the line. It's 5000 rubles today. Tomorrow, it might be 500. And then 100. And then 10.

This also means all those excess dollars being dumped by foreign nations are about to come home and cause even worse hyperinflation than we're seeing.

Is it any wonder Biden is up on stage pleading with Europeans for regime change in Russia? He's about to have masses of angry and starving people marching through the streets here at home, demanding answers.

on the other hand

Quote @NeonRevolt You are forgetting two major things.

1. This pegging of the ruble to gold is only temporary. It ends in June. They set the price at about 50 dollars per gram. The actual price is just above 60 a gram. The only effect this is going to have is to set a floor to how low the ruble can go.

2. In order for a currency to be accepted by other countries, those other countries need to TRUST Russia. I don't see that happening any time soon. Why would anyone trust the ruble when Russia has already said it won't be backed by gold after June?
    Last edited by mountain_jim; 28th March 2022 at 18:25.
    I don't believe anything, but I have many suspicions. - Robert Anton Wilson

The present as you think of it, and in practical working terms, is that point at which you select your physical experience from all those events that could be materialized. - Seth (The Nature of Personal Reality - Session 656, Page 293)

(avatar image: Brocken spectre, a wonderful phenomenon of nature I have experienced and a symbol for my aspirations.)

8. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to mountain_jim For This Post:

amor (5th October 2023), Bill Ryan (28th March 2022), Ewan (29th March 2022), kfm27917 (29th March 2022), Spiral (29th March 2022), ThePythonicCow (11th November 2023), wondering (29th March 2022)

9. Link to Post #5
    Thanks
    Thanked 78,249 times in 8,656 posts

Here is Tom Luongo's coverage

https://www.zerohedge.com/geopolitic...reak-back-west

https://tomluongo.me/2022/03/28/got-...k-of-the-west/

Quote #GotGoldorRubles? Russia Just Broke the Back of the West

I don’t think everyone has yet caught the significance of Russia announcing they are putting a floor under the price of gold.

But, to be clear, Russia just broke the paper gold suppression scheme.

<article at links >
    I don't believe anything, but I have many suspicions. - Robert Anton Wilson

The present as you think of it, and in practical working terms, is that point at which you select your physical experience from all those events that could be materialized. - Seth (The Nature of Personal Reality - Session 656, Page 293)

(avatar image: Brocken spectre, a wonderful phenomenon of nature I have experienced and a symbol for my aspirations.)

10. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to mountain_jim For This Post:

amor (5th October 2023), Bill Ryan (11th November 2023), Ewan (29th March 2022), kfm27917 (29th March 2022), Spiral (29th March 2022), ThePythonicCow (11th November 2023), wondering (29th March 2022)

11. Link to Post #6
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,651 times in 1,409 posts

Quote Posted by mountain_jim (here)

2. In order for a currency to be accepted by other countries, those other countries need to TRUST Russia. I don't see that happening any time soon. Why would anyone trust the ruble when Russia has already said it won't be backed by gold after June?

Plenty of countries trust Russia, we have seen half the world who have been kneeling to the US & NATO get up with a new found confidence & and say "get stuffed" to the old Western powers, to whit the British delegation to India that were told to go home, no one wants to listen, when they set off to lecture India about Russia.

Russia still has huge resources & many nations outside NATO want to buy them, which they are now doing circumventing the petro dollar.

Putins "Empire of Lies" speech will be widely known outside the NATO counties with their highly controlled media & huge propaganda machines, everything he said is true & he is doing exactly what he said he would do, when was the last time a western leader did that ?

12. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Spiral For This Post:

amor (5th October 2023), Bill Ryan (11th November 2023), mountain_jim (29th March 2022), ThePythonicCow (2nd April 2022), wondering (29th March 2022), Yoda (29th March 2022)

13. Link to Post #7
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,947 times in 1,689 posts

I did not know that the USA is holding on to billions of dollars which rightfully belong to Russia? Whatever reason the US has for doing this is going to result in Russia and China colluding to overthrow the USA; and it is the guiltless people who will pay the price for the Government's theft. I say, that whatever the cost to the USA, that they promptly RETURN RUSSIA'S MONEY. If not, it is the crooked politicians and bankers who will cause the innocent people to lose their property and lives. Do unto others as you would have them do unto you AND DO IT NOW!

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to amor For This Post:

Bill Ryan (11th November 2023), Yoda (11th November 2023)

15. Link to Post #8
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,947 times in 1,689 posts

I did not know that the USA is holding on to billions of dollars which rightfully belong to Russia? Whatever reason the US has for doing this is going to result in Russia and China colluding to overthrow the USA; and it is the guiltless people who will pay the price for the Government's theft. I say, that whatever the cost to the USA, that they promptly RETURN RUSSIA'S MONEY. If not, it is the crooked politicians and bankers who will cause the innocent people to lose their property and lives. Do unto others as you would have them do unto you AND DO IT NOW!

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to amor For This Post:

Bill Ryan (11th November 2023), Yoda (11th November 2023)

17. Link to Post #9
    Language
    English
    Thanks

This will cause a reaction in the financial markets:
    Moody’s cuts U.S. outlook to negative, citing deficits and political polarization
    === ===
    Key Points
    • Moody’s Investors Service lowered its ratings outlook on the United States’ government to negative from stable, pointing to rising risks to the nation’s fiscal strength.
    • The ratings agency has affirmed the long-term issuer and senior unsecured ratings of the U.S. at Aaa.
    • Moody’s move to cut its outlook arrives as Congress faces the looming threat of a government shutdown once more. The government is funded through next Friday.
    • Newly elected House Speaker Mike Johnson said he plans to release a Republican government funding plan on Saturday.
    Moody’s move to cut its outlook arrives as Congress faces the looming threat of a government shutdown once more. For now, the government is funded through Nov. 17, but lawmakers in Washington remain at loggerheads over a bill ahead of the deadline.

Newly elected House Speaker Mike Johnson (R-La.) has indicated that he will release a Republican government funding plan on Saturday, a move that would permit members time to read it before an expected Tuesday vote on the measure.

But his plan to fund certain parts of the government through Dec. 7, and other parts through Jan. 19, known as a laddered continuing resolution, or CR, is dead on arrival in the White House and in the Democratic-controlled Senate.
    Last edited by ThePythonicCow; 11th November 2023 at 06:46.

18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ThePythonicCow For This Post:

Bill Ryan (11th November 2023), Vangelo (11th November 2023), Yoda (11th November 2023)

19. Link to Post #10
    Language
    English
    Thanks

It looks to me like the Federal Reserve is being setup to be the "Bad Bank":

Understanding the bad bank (McKinsey & Company)

It seems to me that Mike King agrees, when he says "Yeah, because ultimately Trump is gunning for the Federal Reserve." at the 26:50 mark in this excellent interview: Q – 120 Year Timeline Of Events.

Source: https://www.rumble.com/video/v3s650j
    Mike King goes on, after that remark, to present a few pieces of detailed evidence supporting his claim that Trump plans to take down the Federal Reserve, just as Andrew Jackson took down the second U.S. central bank.

The collapse of the US Treasury debt market might be the "counter punch" that Juan O Savin repeatedly anticipates.

A whole lot of people would get a hard core, trial by fire, lesson in high finance and debt money systems that will not be forgotten for generations.

Wall Street, Big Banks, the use of US Treasury bonds as the primary "reserve asset" of most central banks around the world (and hence the value of the US Dollar in foreign trade markets), major corporations that took on too much debt (perhaps to fund stock buybacks for the benefit of C Suite compensation packages), ... these would resemble the 130 ships of the Invincible Spanish Armada in 1588.

Debt funded assets, from new cars to residential and commercial real estate to insurance and retirement plans ... would be seen to be swimming naked as the tide went out.

At best, it would take a substantial Bank Holiday, for the surviving banks to reconstitute their financial infrastructure and rebalance their books, after such a debt-dollar and Federal Reserve collapse.

If Tom Luongo (Gold Goats ‘n Guns) has it right, then Fed Chair Jerome Powell is doing his damndest to insure that if the Might Ship Fed sinks, it sinks last, after the Euro, Japanese and other key US Dollar Debt holding banks fail.

20. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ThePythonicCow For This Post:

Bill Ryan (11th November 2023), Heart to heart (11th November 2023), Vangelo (11th November 2023), Yoda (11th November 2023)

21. Link to Post #11
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,616 times in 410 posts

Steve Bannon gives a great interview with Jim Rickards. In fact, this is what Jim tweeted about it:

Quote My new interview on Steve Bannon's War Room podcast. I do a lot of interviews and always say smart questions get the best answers. Steve's were the best. Enjoyed doing this.
    Here on Rumble:
    https://rumble.com/v461yb6-rickards-...urrency-w.html

Jim talks about how the US, namely Speaker Mike Johnson etal, is planning to not only freeze Russian assets in US but to seize $300 billion and use it to finance the Ukraine efforts! Wow! Can you think of any better way to encourage any foreign country to dump American treasury securities? Invest in US treasuries and there is a good chance of them being stolen if you do something the administration disagrees with ...

He suggests the timeline is late February 2024 for a world war on the US currency and the acceleration of the decline of the American dollar.

Source: https://www.rumble.com/video/v43gm7u

22. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Chuck For This Post:

Bill Ryan (10th January 2024), Yoda (10th January 2024)

+ Reply to Thread