+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 3 6 LastLast

Thread: Hollyweird - Will Smith & Chris Rock Incident Staged?

1. Link to Post #41
    United States Avalon Member DNA's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 27,876 times in 4,326 posts

Default Re: Hollyweird - Will Smith & Chris Rock Incident Staged?

Quote Posted by Bill Ryan (here)
    Quote Posted by Satori (here)
    Quote Posted by Bill Ryan (here)
    1. No, it was real. There's not a single person in Hollywood who's said that it wasn't.
    2. Chris Rock is an a**hole. (And always has been.)
    3. I'm with Will Smith. And with traditional masculine values, which are rapidly becoming extinct. No milquetoast soyboy would have had the courage to do that in public.

(But of course, someone could easily get canceled for saying all that)
    Is this satire Bill, or is it real? Is this an act, or is it fact?
    Well, let's look at it this way.

Chris Rock will never make a cheap, unfunny, snide "joke" about someone else's wife, who's been sick for four years which is why she hasn't got any hair, in public before a huge TV audience, ever again. And I'd say that's a win.

Sometimes, when someone you care about is insulted before a huge audience, the honorable thing to do isn't just to smile awkwardly and look at the floor and hope the moment just passes. There's no honesty, or courage, or integrity, or loyalty, in that.
    Bill I love you but I've known for years the biggest chink in your armor is your chivalry.
    I understand giving a nod one direction or another but to say 100% this isn't fabricated is well it's naive.
    I love you bro.
    I do.
    But you have one area where your judgement is weak.
    You have an antiquated version of chivalry you are still adhereing to.
    Giving Constance the reigns a couple of years ago after the Laughlin conference, that was a mistake.
    You had the mods walk out in a show of solidarity as a statement against her controlling the forum.
    The Gracy Fred thing.
    Fred knew how to play you by putting a pretty face on an Avatar.
    I saw this from the side lines, I didn't know Gracy was a guy but I knew it wasn't a real person, I knew it was a false persona playing a sock puppet account. In truth I thought it was an alphabet agency playing on the forum. I'm still not sure that isn't what it was.
    But let me state this.
    Multiple times Bill that I've seen you make the wrong call because it's antiquated views on male female relationships.
    I love you Bill.
    I do.
    But times have changed.
    Women for the most part have more power and say than men do. They don't need protecting.
    I love you Bill.
    I've wanted to do this for a while.
    This thread, your post and the pint of wild turkey in me have coalesced for this post.
    Please forgive me.
    It's your forum.
    You have done so much good.
    You can continue as you are and you have done 100x more good than any of us wanna bees, but, well I'm just throwing this out there.

I love you Bill.
    Take care.
    Marcus

2. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to DNA For This Post:

Chester (31st March 2022), Chip (31st March 2022), Creedence (30th March 2022), mokosh (30th March 2022), onawah (30th March 2022), Patient (30th March 2022), RedX (30th March 2022), selinam (30th March 2022), Shadowman (30th March 2022), TargeT (30th March 2022), TelosianEmbrace (30th March 2022), TomKat (30th March 2022)

3. Link to Post #42
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,219 times in 1,147 posts

I'm also on Team Fake. As close as certain as I get, this was 100% a scripted piece of theatre. The more interesting question is what the objective was....

4. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Journeyman For This Post:

DNA (31st March 2022), onawah (30th March 2022), selinam (30th March 2022), Shadowman (30th March 2022), TargeT (30th March 2022), TelosianEmbrace (30th March 2022)

5. Link to Post #43
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,813 times in 292 posts

Quote Posted by JackMcThorn (here)
    This video clip reminds me of a joke.

So there is this professor telling his class there is no God. He shouts, 'If there is a God, then strike me down.'

... and nothing happens.

So then this one guy, a Marine slowly walks down to the professor and knocks him right out onto the floor.

"God was busy, so he sent me."

Great joke Jack, and more pertinent then most WILL realise ;-). Best to remember that God always gets the last laugh...

At a ceremony where HUmans celebrate the best fakers (*Fakirs?) with a GOLDen IDOL (2nd Commandment anyone?) WILL I AM SMITH The EGO that *SMITES out of imagined or perceived pain, CHRISTOPHER (*Bearer of Christ) ROCK (Mathew 16:18 "Now I say to you that you are Peter (which means ‘rock’), and upon this rock I will build my church") and is subsequently awarded the TOP GOLDen idol and receives a standing ovation, while claiming to be a protector and vessel of God and love.

Chris responds with humility and restraint, turning the other cheek, as it were.

The *wand of the holly wood attempting to boost ratings and cause divisiveness.

To be offended by words is a sign of weakness not strength. Be like the ROCK and the storms of illusion, disguised either as Words or Swords, will not only be unable to disturb your peace, but will help you to realise the punch line to the greatest joke of all.

In Love, Laughter and Light
    SM

*fakir, Arabic Faqīr (“poor”), originally, a mendicant dervish. In mystical usage, the word fakir refers to man's spiritual need for God, who alone is self-sufficient.

*What does name Smith mean?
    Derived from the Anglo-Saxon smitan, meaning "to smite or strike,"

*The name Christopher is derived from the Greek word Christóforos, meaning “bearer of Christ.”

*In the hands of the magician, it becomes a magic wand. Ancient druids used holly for their wands, as holly is the whitest wood, considered sacred by the Greeks and Romans and magicians. The wood of the holly tree created the magic stick, and no wonder we have the magic of Hollywood today.

Last edited by Shadowman; 30th March 2022 at 12:30.
    Minimum Awareness, Maximum Problems
    Maximum Awareness, Minimum Problems
    Total Awareness, No Problems!

6. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Shadowman For This Post:

Creedence (30th March 2022), DNA (31st March 2022), JackMcThorn (30th March 2022), Journeyman (30th March 2022), Krist (30th March 2022), Mark (30th March 2022), onawah (30th March 2022), selinam (30th March 2022), TelosianEmbrace (30th March 2022), Wind (30th March 2022)

7. Link to Post #44
    Thanks
    Thanked 78,244 times in 8,655 posts

echoing Jill's post

I don't believe anything, but I have many suspicions. - Robert Anton Wilson

The present as you think of it, and in practical working terms, is that point at which you select your physical experience from all those events that could be materialized. - Seth (The Nature of Personal Reality - Session 656, Page 293)

(avatar image: Brocken spectre, a wonderful phenomenon of nature I have experienced and a symbol for my aspirations.)

8. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to mountain_jim For This Post:

Creedence (30th March 2022), Journeyman (30th March 2022), onawah (30th March 2022), Patient (30th March 2022), RunningDeer (30th March 2022), scotslad (30th March 2022), selinam (30th March 2022), Shadowman (30th March 2022), Sue (Ayt) (30th March 2022), TargeT (30th March 2022)

9. Link to Post #45
    United States Avalon Member Metalaane's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks

No offense to everyone and anyone but I had higher hopes than seeing a thread about this. Staged or not, you know the parasites that be never let a good opportunity for misdirection go to waste, and that's the real matter here. And what utterly banal and meaningless malarkey this particular distraction is, too.

Here's a good comment on the matter from a random Reddit thread.

Quote I see this spectacle as part of the continuing series of pendulums. Those that are familiar with esoteric teachings may have some insight into the Hermetic principles of polarity, cause and effect and rhythm and also the freemasonic checkered floor, which can represent duality.

The media and social media present us with pendulums on a daily basis. As a pendulum swings, in order to maintain its energy, it requires a push. The pendulums set by the media machine are designed to capture your attention and your emotional energy. As you all know, there are quite a lot of these pendulums currently swinging. One that is losing energy is (cv19), one that is gaining energy (Ukraine and all that jazz) and tons of others like food shortages, economic collapse, hunter Biden etc, etc.

All of these things feed off our energy. Even JLB's post is unknowingly (hopefully), feeding the Will Smith pendulum, getting us to invest something of ourselves, our time, emotions, thoughts to perpetuate the story to a wider and wider audience. The pendulums are all the same. They take your energy and give nothing or very little in return. Pendulums rarely contain knowledge. They are parasitic. This one is no different.

It was an event, that was, most likely done on purpose. I actually don't care. People will invest themselves into reasons why and many of them have been discussed at length today on hundreds of subs and social media. But where we place our attention is important and our emotional investments can have a profound effect on our state of being.
    You know, you'd be weird too if the ineffable kept effing with you. Like an old friend, the universe teases me; myriad mundanities manifested by a cosmic comedian along my path as I crawl to infinity.

10. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Metalaane For This Post:

Creedence (30th March 2022), Dennis Leahy (30th March 2022), Ewan (30th March 2022), Johnnycomelately (30th March 2022), Journeyman (30th March 2022), Kryztian (30th March 2022), onawah (30th March 2022), Patient (30th March 2022), RunningDeer (30th March 2022), Shadowman (30th March 2022), TargeT (30th March 2022)

11. Link to Post #46
    Administrator Mark (Star Mariner)'s Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 35,658 times in 4,334 posts

Quote Posted by Le Chat (here)
    Staged or not, it's normalising violence....
    Between two black people though.

That does not adhere to their woke narrative. Not a bit. It reinforces the stereotype of black on black violence which wokeness is at pains to turn a blind eye to. If Smith had slapped a white comedian, I'd be far more inclined to believe it was indeed pure performance theatre symbolizing black power in front of the world.

If we're only using 'did he make contact or not' as the pretext for 'staged' or 'not staged' then there simply isn't enough evidence (images or footage) to decisively draw a conclusion. So you're left with ulterior designs to work with - the subtext, or implicit meaning behind it. Problem is, there doesn't appear to be one, not one that makes any sense. There is no narrative here that benefits Smith, the Oscars, political correctness, black struggles, or even the normalisation of violence.

Because the slap has been roundly deplored from almost every quarter. Were it staged, it would have been roundly praised. And that's the biggest clue of all - not the deed but the aftermath, and what is being said about it. In the presence of a scripted event, there is always a script for after the event too, one that backs up the event. That's how it works. That's how they propagate these narratives. Sans any after-script supporting Will Smith's actions almost totally guarantees there is no script, and never was. Rather than perpetuate the woke narrative, particularly its racial angle, Smith's actions (black on black violence) damages it.

That leads me to conclude (me at any rate - you can make up your own minds), that this was an unscheduled, unplanned, unscripted event.
    "When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace."
    ~ Jimi Hendrix

12. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Mark (Star Mariner) For This Post:

Caliban (30th March 2022), ClearWater (30th March 2022), Dennis Leahy (30th March 2022), Johnnycomelately (30th March 2022), Mark (30th March 2022), Mike (30th March 2022), onawah (30th March 2022), RunningDeer (30th March 2022), Shadowman (30th March 2022), TargeT (30th March 2022), Wind (30th March 2022)

13. Link to Post #47
    United States Avalon Member Mike's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 50,469 times in 5,705 posts

This slap event requires quite a bit of context. I'll try to be as brief as possible.

Firstly, it was a real slap! What on earth would either of these guys gain by staging something so stupid?

I'm all for traditional masculine values. So I'm 100% with Bill there. If your wife is openly disrespected, I totally support and even encourage retaliation. A slap, a punch, you name it. It's not even optional, in my book. Has to be done. But it's not quite so simple in this Will Smith situation. On the surface he appears to be a symbol of masculine nobility, but if you dig a little deeper into this he's really symbolic of the emasculated male.

He's a symptom of the times...

To begin: if Smith were truly concerned about his wife's honor - and his! - he wouldn't have allowed her to talk him into an "open marriage". Of course there's no such thing as an open marriage really. A marriage, by definition, is an exclusive relationship between two people. Once one betrays that it's no longer a marriage. But I digress...

Jada Pinkett Smith had a sexual relationship with her son's friend (and marginally popular rapper) August Alsina. She declared this openly to the world on her podcast, and then further emasculated Smith by having him on the show to rub his face in it.

It's absolutely the most cringe-worthy thing you'll ever see. She takes no responsibility for it, and infamously refererred to the whole thing as an "entanglement". She made it sound as if she were just innocently walking down the road one day before unknowingly bumping into a spiderweb full of dicks. She needed "freedom", and felt "restricted" in the marriage. All euphemisms for 1) you're the reason I'm so unhappy and 2) I want to have sex with other men. Jada is no innocent damsel here. She's a manipulator. The Christians might even think of her as the classic "Jezebel".

And Will just sits there and nods his head at all this nonsense. He takes it. Offers no resistance at all. He comes off as the ultimate boot licker. He participates willingly in his own humiliation in a way that mystified many. It really must be seen to be believed. So ever since this podcast, he's been relentlessly labeled a "cuck", a "simp," and so forth. The ultimate bitch, basically.

So by the time we arrive at this slap event, he's at his wits end with all the public ridicule and embarrassment.

The slap is mostly the end result of his woeful mismanagement of his marriage.

You'll notice, when the joke is made by Rock - a very mild joke btw! - he laughs initially. He's perfectly okay with it. But then he notices Jada's displeasure and reacts because of it. He reacts because he has to, not necessarily because he wants to. His manhood has been called into question for so long that the situation now demands action.

My point is this:He wasn't defending his wife as much as he was his wounded pride, ego, and dwindling sense of manhood. And thats why I don't respect the slap. In almost any other circumstance, I would support it. He shoulda slapped the man who was having sex with his wife, and then he shoulda slapped himself for allowing it to happen. So the slap was several years too late and perpetrated on the wrong person, ultimately.

And we must ask ourselves: would Smith have slapped Jason Mamoa if he made that joke? Unlikely! Rock is 4 or 5 inches shorter and at least 50lbs lighter than Smith.

In my mind, you're sick if you have cancer, or aids, or M.S. If you have an autoimmune disorder and the worst thing that happens as a result of it is hairloss, then it's much more of an unfortunate situation than a sickness. Hair or no hair, Jada Pinckett is a great beauty and privileged beyond belief. I have a hard time feeling bad for her. Hair loss is nothing to sneeze at. My hairline starting drifting back when I was a young man and it was emotionally crippling. But you can clearly see a well defined shadow on her scalp. Her hair may not be what it once was, but it appears she has a full head of hair.

So Rock, to my way of thinking, did nothing wrong. It's his job to go in there and make jokes that poke holes in all the egos. It was a weak joke but not a terribly insulting one, whether he knew about the alopecia or not (and prevailing wisdom suggests he did not).

Smith, meanwhile, gave a bizarre, tearful speech full of very strange language after winning the Oscar. I think he's mentally and emotionally unraveling. His marriage is "fluid", his kids are "gender fluid", and so forth. It's a good case study for this sort of thing. Without boundaries or clearly defined roles people slowly go mad. And now he's the sackless king of a postmodern, woke castle.. with a Jezebel wife distorting his mind and emotions. I've always liked Smith and I wish him luck. Listen to him speak for just a few mins and you can tell he's a good, heart- centered man. But he's embraced this bizarro world stuff and now he's living with the consequences
    Last edited by Mike; 31st March 2022 at 02:34.

14. The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to Mike For This Post:

avid (30th March 2022), ClearWater (30th March 2022), Craig (30th March 2022), Dennis Leahy (30th March 2022), DNA (30th March 2022), Ewan (30th March 2022), ExomatrixTV (30th March 2022), gini (1st April 2022), Johnnycomelately (30th March 2022), Mark (30th March 2022), Mark (Star Mariner) (30th March 2022), onawah (30th March 2022), RunningDeer (30th March 2022), selinam (30th March 2022), Wind (30th March 2022)

15. Link to Post #48
    United States Avalon Member Mark's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 24,483 times in 2,851 posts

Quote Posted by Mark (Star Mariner) (here)
    That leads me to conclude (me at any rate - you can make up your own minds), that this was an unscheduled, unplanned, unscripted event.
    Everything you said was on point.

Quote Posted by Mike (here)
    So Rock, to my way of thinking, did nothing wrong. It's his job to go in there and make jokes that poke holes in all the egos. It was a weak joke but not a terribly insulting one, whether he knew about the alopecia or not (and prevailing wisdom suggests he did not).
    Absolutely on point. Both of y'all broke it down like it needed to be done. I've looked at that slap about 20, 30 times and still can't tell if he actually made contact. His hand didn't slow down in the least, or change its downward trajectory, Rock almost appeared to duck it, but there is the sound that his mic catches that makes it seem as if there is contact. And, while Rock is a serviceable actor, I'm not sure if he's so good that his look of confusion and shock after wasn't the real thing. And he still hasn't said a word.

He's starting a world tour on Saturday, so we'll see what he says then.

16. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Mark For This Post:

Ewan (30th March 2022), ExomatrixTV (30th March 2022), Johnnycomelately (30th March 2022), Kryztian (30th March 2022), Mark (Star Mariner) (30th March 2022), Mike (30th March 2022), onawah (30th March 2022), RunningDeer (30th March 2022), Wind (30th March 2022)

17. Link to Post #49
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Mark (here)
    Everything you said was on point.

Absolutely on point. Both of y'all broke it down like it needed to be done. I've looked at that slap about 20, 30 times and still can't tell if he actually made contact. His hand didn't slow down in the least, or change its downward trajectory, Rock almost appeared to duck it, but there is the sound that his mic catches that makes it seem as if there is contact. And, while Rock is a serviceable actor, I'm not sure if he's so good that his look of confusion and shock after wasn't the real thing. And he still hasn't said a word.

Mark I'm eagerly awaiting that world tour! I think we're going to see an even more spectacularly brilliant Rock than we have in the past. Can't wait to see how he turns all this into comedy.

18. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Mike For This Post:

ExomatrixTV (30th March 2022), Kryztian (30th March 2022), Mark (30th March 2022), onawah (30th March 2022), RunningDeer (30th March 2022)

19. Link to Post #50
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Top post Mike, good to see you back. I agree with 99% of it - but I think he's more than just cucked by his Mrs. You have to question the quality of Will Smith's character from the allegations that have been swirling around him. Ugly allegations.

Take Orlando Brown's allegations for one. If you can decipher his words through the cursing you'll see what I mean. Think Charlie Sheen. This is bad stuff, not the sort of the stuff anyone just 'makes up'. It suggests Smith is a bad, bad man.

Impossible to know if anything he's saying really happened. But we know a good deal about Hollywood. It's a cesspool, and that cannot be disputed. If you're a member of that club, especially a high-ranking member like Smith, you are most definitely deep in that cesspool. And only one thing can live and thrive in a cesspool.
    ~ Jimi Hendrix

20. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Mark (Star Mariner) For This Post:

DNA (30th March 2022), ExomatrixTV (30th March 2022), Johnnycomelately (30th March 2022), Mark (30th March 2022), Mike (30th March 2022), onawah (30th March 2022), RunningDeer (30th March 2022)

21. Link to Post #51
    Thanks

Mark I'm eagerly awaiting that world tour! I think we're going to see an even more spectacularly brilliant Rock than we have in the past. Can't wait to see how he turns all this into comedy.
    It's going to be something, probably on the level of the work Dave Chapelle has been putting out lately. Hopefully he lays into not just what happened on stage, but how the media has been handling it and how people have jumped to take sides. He's usually pretty insightful in his comedy and this incident goes really, really deep, into a lot of things, that you mentioned and also that Mark mentioned, in regards not only to the media but also the black community and its split, between those y'all call Woke and the larger percentage of black folks in America, who are actually pretty conservative and believe in traditional family values. I don't expect him to analyze Will's issues with his masculinity, though. Will is apparently unhinged by being the butt of so many jokes since he and his wife agreed to go public with their marital wanderings (he hasn't named names, but he has been unfaithful also, right) and might go after him with a weapon if he does.

22. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Mark For This Post:

Ba-ba-Ra (30th March 2022), ExomatrixTV (30th March 2022), Johnnycomelately (30th March 2022), Mark (Star Mariner) (30th March 2022), Mike (30th March 2022), onawah (30th March 2022), RunningDeer (30th March 2022), Wind (30th March 2022)

23. Link to Post #52
    United States Avalon Member Ba-ba-Ra's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,315 times in 1,567 posts

It's always been said (behind the scenes) that Will is a closet gay. - and that Jada is his beard. Does she hold this secret over his head and therefore control him. Just saying. Perhaps it was his "pretend" masculinity that he was protecting.

I agree - he wasn't upset when the remark was made. He clearly laughed. She didn't.
    Blessed are the cracked, for they are the ones who let in the light!

24. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Ba-ba-Ra For This Post:

DNA (31st March 2022), ExomatrixTV (30th March 2022), Mark (30th March 2022), Mark (Star Mariner) (30th March 2022), Mike (30th March 2022), onawah (30th March 2022), RunningDeer (30th March 2022), TargeT (30th March 2022)

25. Link to Post #53
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Mark (here)
    His opening line should be, "Is Will Smith in the house...? No? Thank f*** for that!"
    ~ Jimi Hendrix

26. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Mark (Star Mariner) For This Post:

ClearWater (30th March 2022), Mark (30th March 2022), Mike (30th March 2022), onawah (30th March 2022), RunningDeer (30th March 2022)

27. Link to Post #54
    Thanks

Top post Mike, good to see you back. I agree with 99% of it - but I think he's more than just cucked by his Mrs. You have to question the quality of Will Smith's character from the allegations that have been swirling around him. Ugly allegations.

Take Orlando Brown's allegations for one. If you can decipher his words through the cursing you'll see what I mean. Think Charlie Sheen. This is bad stuff, not the sort of the stuff anyone just 'makes up'. It suggests Smith is a bad, bad man.

Impossible to know if anything he's saying really happened. But we know a good deal about Hollywood. It's a cesspool, and that cannot be disputed. If you're a member of that club, especially a high-ranking member like Smith, you are most definitely deep in that cesspool. And only one thing can live and thrive in a cesspool.

Roger that, Mark. Thanks for posting that. I've never seen or heard anything like it till now.

You've given me something to chew on here. I may have to update my thinking.

I suspect I'll be going down some rabbit holes here soon.

It may just be that Smith had no choice but to accept the open marriage. Perhaps his wife has some dirt on him. Just speculating here, for better or worse

28. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Mike For This Post:

DNA (30th March 2022), Johnnycomelately (30th March 2022), Mark (30th March 2022), Mark (Star Mariner) (30th March 2022), onawah (30th March 2022), RunningDeer (30th March 2022)

29. Link to Post #55
    Thanks

It may just be that Smith had no choice but to accept the open marriage. Perhaps his wife has some dirt on him. Just speculating here, for better or worse
    She has some dirt on him, alright. Will has had those allegations swirling around him since he did that movie "Six Degrees of Seperation", early in his career, where he played a young, gay vagabond. That Orlando video is shocking. There are definitely some psychological issues at play on multiple levels, which is not strange for folks who were child actors in Hollywood and prey for the many sexual predators that surrounded them.

So Will is probably to some degree protected, by those who also engage in such evil. Or has been, perhaps we are witnessing the end of his protection period, much like Bill Cosby was allowed to do what he did for so long, until they let him go.

Considering all of this, which I'm certain that Chris Rock knows all about, I would not be at all surprised if he barely addresses it at all and takes the high ground, rather than delve into all that darkness and put a target on his own back by the rich and powerful predators who will surely be watching his every move at this point.

30. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Mark For This Post:

DNA (30th March 2022), Eva2 (31st March 2022), Johnnycomelately (30th March 2022), Kryztian (30th March 2022), Mark (Star Mariner) (30th March 2022), Mike (30th March 2022), onawah (30th March 2022), RunningDeer (30th March 2022), TargeT (30th March 2022)

31. Link to Post #56
    United States Avalon Member Bluegreen's Avatar
    Language
    ¿
    Thanks
    Thanked 52,400 times in 10,153 posts

I know at least some of the African-American community is embarrassed, as it is taking the gangbanger thugs' moronic Way of Life – Always Looking For & Finding Opportunity To Be Offended – to the national stage and sending that particular message to a (very) broad section of the public, as mentioned by Le Chat. Maybe all these Karens & Kens developed their delicate sensibilities and thin skins by listening to gangsta rap.

I've come across Orlando many times, he is seriously messed up in the head, and can be trusted to be untrustworthy.

32. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Bluegreen For This Post:

DNA (30th March 2022), Johnnycomelately (30th March 2022), Mark (Star Mariner) (30th March 2022), Mike (30th March 2022), onawah (30th March 2022), RunningDeer (30th March 2022)

33. Link to Post #57
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,839 times in 650 posts

If Jada Pinkett-Smith can't take a joke about alopecia, that's hair loss!
    May your Spirit stay unbroken, may you not be deterred.

34. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to The Moss Trooper For This Post:

Bluegreen (30th March 2022), DNA (30th March 2022), Journeyman (30th March 2022), Kalamos (30th March 2022), Mike (30th March 2022), mountain_jim (31st March 2022), onawah (30th March 2022), RunningDeer (30th March 2022), scotslad (30th March 2022)

35. Link to Post #58
    Language
    English
    Thanks

One thing I think maybe happening here is that many of us are so used to sleight of hand - to lies, propaganda, and manipulation in the media and entertainment industry - that perhaps our default position is to expect deception, and see an artificial front behind which subversive agendas are hiding. No one can blame us for that, we're bombarded with them all the damn time. So perhaps when real, genuine events unfolds we have trouble believing it.

I had a few lingering doubts left that this was just more theatre, until I saw this video. Now I have no doubts at all. Absolutely none - this was unscripted and real. Very real.

This is a fascinating analysis by an expert in body language.

What surprised me most was Smith's acceptance speech. Having a second look at this, there's no doubt his emotion is genuine, particularly when he says "doing what we do, you gotta be able to take abuse". The video gets into that around the 30minute mark. I don't believe Smith means 'to be the butt of jokes' when he spits that word "abuse". I see fury in his face when he says this, and shame.

Shame.

I do really believe Smith is, or was, the victim of abuse in his early career. How many actors and actresses are subjected to the same? I think many, sadly. I think abuse - and I mean sexual - gets you that membership card into their exclusive club. And once inside, you have license to act out and commit abuse yourself. Perhaps it's even encouraged. The classic abused/abuser cycle. And it does seem, in this speech, Smith is having some sort of epiphany. He's bearing his soul here and saying enough is enough. He even mentions God. Has Will Smith found the light?

This slap is far more than a distraction in my view, and far more than a man simply defending his wife. There's more going on here. A lot more. More, I think, than even Smith slapping Chris Rock which I think he did in place of hitting his wife who has humiliated him. Really, I think this is significant, maybe even important.

As Mark (above) says, maybe Smith's protection period is over. Maybe he now wants out of the club. Unfortunately, as the Eagle's sang years ago- "you check out any time you like, but you can never leave..."

*Will Smith did not commit suicide.*
    ~ Jimi Hendrix

36. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Mark (Star Mariner) For This Post:

ClearWater (30th March 2022), Ewan (30th March 2022), Johnnycomelately (30th March 2022), Mark (30th March 2022), Mike (30th March 2022), mountain_jim (31st March 2022), onawah (30th March 2022), sllim11 (31st March 2022)

37. Link to Post #59
    United States Avalon Member DNA's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 27,876 times in 4,326 posts

This slap event requires quite a bit of context. I'll try to be as brief as possible.

Firstly, it was a real slap! What on earth would either of these guys gain by staging something so stupid?

I'm all for traditional masculine values. So I'm 100% with Bill there. If your wife is openly disrespected, I totally support and even encourage retaliation. A slap, a punch, you name it. It's not even optional, in my book. Has to be done. But it's not quite so simple in this Will Smith situation. On the surface he appears to be a symbol of masculine nobility, but if you dig a little deeper into this he's really symbolic of the emasculated male.

He's a symptom of the times...

To begin: if Smith were truly concerned about his wife's honor - and his! - he wouldn't have allowed her to talk him into an "open marriage". Of course there's no such thing as an open marriage really. A marriage, by definition, is an exclusive relationship between two people. Once one betrays that it's no longer a marriage. But I digress...

Jada Pinkett Smith had a sexual relationship with her son's friend (and marginally popular rapper) August Alsina. She declared this openly to the world on her podcast, and then further emasculated Smith by having him on the show to rub his face in it.

It's absolutely the most cringe-worthy thing you'll ever see. She takes no responsibility for it, and infamously refererred to the whole thing as an "entanglement". She made it sound as if she were just innocently walking down the road one day before unknowingly bumping into a spiderweb full of dicks. She needed "freedom", and felt "restricted" in the marriage. All euphemisms for 1) you're the reason I'm so unhappy and 2) I want to have sex with other men. Jada is no innocent damsel here. She's a manipulator. The Christians might call her the classic "Jezebel".

And Will just sits there and nods his head at all this nonsense. He takes it. Offers no resistance at all. He comes off as the ultimate boot licker. He participates willingly in his own humiliation in a way that mystified many. It really must be seen to be believed. So ever since this podcast, he's been relentlessly labeled a "cuck", a "simp," and so forth. The ultimate bitch, basically.

So by the time we arrive at this slap event, he's at his wits end with all the public ridicule and embarrassment.

The slap is mostly the end result of his woeful mismanagement of his marriage.

You'll notice, when the joke is made by Rock - a very mild joke btw! - he laughs initially. He's perfectly okay with it. But then he notices Jada's displeasure and reacts because of it. He reacts because he has to, not necessarily because he wants to. His manhood has been called into question for so long that the situation now demands action.

My point is this:He wasn't defending his wife as much as he was his wounded pride, ego, and dwindling sense of manhood. And thats why I don't respect the slap. In almost any other circumstance, I would support it. He shoulda slapped the man who was having sex with his wife, and then he shoulda slapped himself for allowing it to happen. So the slap was several years too late and perpetrated on the wrong person, ultimately.

And we must ask ourselves: would Smith have slapped Jason Mamoa if he made that joke? Unlikely! Rock is 4 or 5 inches shorter and at least 50lbs lighter than Smith.

In my mind, you're sick if you have cancer, or aids, or M.S. If you have an autoimmune disorder and the worst thing that happens as a result of it is hairloss, then it's much more of an unfortunate situation than a sickness. Hair or no hair, Jada Pinckett is a great beauty and privileged beyond belief. I have a hard time feeling bad for her. Hair loss is nothing to sneeze at. My hairline starting drifting back when I was a young man and it was emotionally crippling. But you can clearly see a well defined shadow on her scalp. Her hair may not be what it once was, but it appears she has a full head of hair.

Smith, meanwhile, gave a bizarre, tearful speech full of very strange language after winning the Oscar. I think he's mentally and emotionally unraveling. His marriage is "fluid", his kids are "gender fluid", and so forth. It's a good case study for this sort of thing. Without boundaries or clearly defined roles people slowly go mad. And now he's the sackless king of a postmodern, woke castle.. with a Jezebel wife distorting his mind and emotions. I've always liked Smith and I wish him luck. Listen to him speak for just a few mins and you can tell he's a good, heart- centered man. But he's embraced this bizarro world stuff and now he's living with the consequences
    I saw your comments on the Cathy O'Brien thread.
    I found your post there touching.
    How after you read her book the world didn't look the same any more.
    I'm of that same opinion.
    Read Sue Arrigo and Bryce Taylor.
    My world has never changed.
    Not since these stories touched me.

Hollywood and adrenochrome go hand in hand.
    Hollywood and pedophilia go hand in hand.
    I'm sure it was easy for Jada to justify sleeping with her son's friend after all the horrible debauchery she's participated in.
    Will Smith and Jada are already involved in destroying traditional family roles.
    In my opinion it's all scripted.
    I think far less of Hollywood actors than most and I have a harder time attributing anything noble to their actions.

38. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to DNA For This Post:

Chester (3rd April 2022), Mark (Star Mariner) (31st March 2022), Mike (30th March 2022), mountain_jim (31st March 2022), onawah (30th March 2022), RunningDeer (30th March 2022), selinam (30th March 2022), TargeT (30th March 2022)

39. Link to Post #60
    Scotland Avalon Member scotslad's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,060 times in 646 posts

I am intrigued tho....

Chris Rock stood with his hands behind his back appearing to wait for a "response" or the "reaction" from Smith.

Will Smith trained as a boxer and played the greatest boxer on earth - Ali (on film) after months of gruelling training. It's hard to believe that despite being so emtional and wound up why he issued a slap and not an upper cut.

I can't recall Rock putting his hand up to his face after the slap which I think would have been my reaction had I been slapped.

Whatever the truth, I think there's a lot more going on behind closed doors in the Smith household that was NOT showcased at the Oscars - he looks like a troubled man with the world on his shoulders - literally.
    Last edited by scotslad; 30th March 2022 at 20:11.

40. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to scotslad For This Post:

Mark (Star Mariner) (31st March 2022), onawah (30th March 2022), RunningDeer (30th March 2022), TargeT (30th March 2022)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 3 6 LastLast