+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 1 8

Thread: An Exhaustion setting in

1. Link to Post #141
    Belgium Avalon Member Johan (Keyholder)'s Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,765 times in 533 posts

Default Re: An Exhaustion setting in

John F Schumacher's article (mentioned above in post #136) dates back to April 1st 2016 (and no, that was not a "joke"!).

Since then, the general world situation has gotten worse, in about every aspect possible. A virus (oh really?), vaccinations (oh really??), manipulated wars, food shortages, "disinformation", "fake news"... and loads of other "stuff" only have increased the "demoralization", worldwide.

Maybe those that run this "loosh-factory" are having a big party? And 99.5% (or there about) of the public has no clue? What was written in 2016 is ever so much more true today.

A rather unknown psychotherapist, Viktor Frankl, who was in Auschwitz ānd survived it, also developed his system of psychotherapy (named logotherapy) IN Auschwitz. The keyword in his therapy: MEANING. And is that not exactly what is missing most amongst the demoralized? True, finding "meaning" in today's nutty world is not that simple. Still, it is not impossible either (if one is strongwilled enough and determined to find it).

I will never forget when - rather by coincidence - I met Viktor Frankl's widow in Vienna some years ago (she was already in her nineties, but still very bright). This one thing she said, I will always remember: "It is such a pity that not more professional psychologists and psychotherapists practice logotherapy. But it is no wonder, because there is no money in it. In most cases after two - three sessions the patient is cured. And that's not what the "professionals" want... (the majority of them anyway).

A suggestion for anyone who is facing bouts of demoralization: read Frankl's books about logotherapy. That may help.

2. The Following 17 Users Say Thank You to Johan (Keyholder) For This Post:

Bassplayer1 (5th June 2022), Bill Ryan (4th June 2022), cursichella1 (6th June 2022), Franny (5th June 2022), Harmony (5th June 2022), jaybee (5th June 2022), Johnnycomelately (5th June 2022), Mercedes (5th June 2022), Mike (5th June 2022), modini (5th June 2022), onawah (5th June 2022), Peace in Oz (4th June 2022), Reinhard (5th June 2022), Rizotto (5th June 2022), Stephanie (5th June 2022), Sue (Ayt) (4th June 2022), wondering (4th June 2022)

3. Link to Post #142
    Thanks
    Thanked 459,751 times in 32,946 posts

Quote Posted by Johan (Keyholder) (here)
    A suggestion for anyone who is facing bouts of demoralization: read Frankl's books about logotherapy. That may help.
    https://avalonlibrary.net/ebooks/Vik...%20Meaning.pdf

4. The Following 21 Users Say Thank You to Bill Ryan For This Post:

avid (4th June 2022), Bassplayer1 (5th June 2022), cursichella1 (6th June 2022), Franny (5th June 2022), Harmony (5th June 2022), jaybee (5th June 2022), Johan (Keyholder) (5th June 2022), Johnnycomelately (5th June 2022), Mercedes (5th June 2022), Mike (5th June 2022), modini (5th June 2022), onawah (5th June 2022), Reinhard (5th June 2022), Rizotto (5th June 2022), RunningDeer (5th June 2022), Stephanie (5th June 2022), Sue (Ayt) (4th June 2022), Tintin (7th June 2022), Tyy1907 (5th June 2022), wondering (4th June 2022), Yoda (5th June 2022)

5. Link to Post #143
    United States Avalon Member wondering's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,262 times in 914 posts

Johan, Thanks for the reminder about Frankl...he was one of my favorites in college. I've always found Man's Search For Meaning deeply supportive, and I've never appreciated it as much as I do now. Very cool that it is, of course, in Avalon's library! Thanks, Bill.
    Last edited by wondering; 4th June 2022 at 23:31. Reason: add

6. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to wondering For This Post:

Bill Ryan (4th June 2022), cursichella1 (6th June 2022), Franny (5th June 2022), Harmony (5th June 2022), jaybee (5th June 2022), Johan (Keyholder) (5th June 2022), Johnnycomelately (5th June 2022), Mercedes (5th June 2022), Mike (5th June 2022), onawah (5th June 2022), Reinhard (5th June 2022), Rizotto (5th June 2022), RunningDeer (5th June 2022), Stephanie (5th June 2022)

7. Link to Post #144
    United States Avalon Member Mike's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 50,606 times in 5,714 posts

My #1 suggestion to combat demoralization is to get angry about the lies and tactics that are causing this existential malaise. Actually it's my #2 suggestion. Get informed first, then angry.

Allow yourself to feel your anger. Wallow in it and let it light a flame under your ass.

I'm not suggesting violence, and I'm not suggesting bulging vein/foamy mouth type anger either. That's caveman crap, and not too useful.

You can't burn white hot with anger all the time; you'll burn yourself out. But learn to simmer most of the time. Keep the anger accessible for when you need it. And then find a way to express it creatively and strategically when necessary.

There's ENORMOUS energy in anger. Integrate and use it! It's one of your greatest weapons against this sort of thing.
    Last edited by Mike; 5th June 2022 at 00:32.

8. The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to Mike For This Post:

Bassplayer1 (5th June 2022), Bill Ryan (5th June 2022), Franny (5th June 2022), Harmony (5th June 2022), jaybee (5th June 2022), Johan (Keyholder) (5th June 2022), Mercedes (5th June 2022), Mike Gorman (5th June 2022), modini (5th June 2022), onawah (5th June 2022), Reinhard (5th June 2022), Rizotto (5th June 2022), RunningDeer (5th June 2022), Stephanie (5th June 2022), Vicus (5th June 2022), wondering (5th June 2022)

9. Link to Post #145
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,056 times in 1,753 posts

Thanks for including the video from Chris Martenson Bill, it is very clear that we are under direct attack from the 'upper levels' of our western society, people who are ordinarily good natured and well-meaning, people who value 'common sense' and justice, clear logical thinking and good intentions are being made to feel stupid, we are being demoralized and described as being 'anti' everything:

1. We do not go along with the climate change narrative
    2. We do not agree with Vax mandates and the compulsion to accept mRNA therapy.
    3. We do not support mass immigration, and the imposition of multi-cultural ideology
    You get the picture!
    Those of us who were once highly valued members of our society, and given a reward for our thinking skills are now being marginalized, and made to feel wrong.
    This all takes a huge toll on our self worth, our sense of personal value...
    We have to make the effort to unite with others and foster good will, we are made to feel we are a minority, but this is absolutely wrong!
    It seems our world is unraveling, we are literally living through evil times, being united and communicating with others is essential. I just wanted to add my support, and my good will here.

10. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to Mike Gorman For This Post:

Bassplayer1 (5th June 2022), Bill Ryan (5th June 2022), Harmony (5th June 2022), jaybee (5th June 2022), Johan (Keyholder) (5th June 2022), Mercedes (5th June 2022), Metaphor (5th June 2022), Mike (5th June 2022), modini (5th June 2022), Reinhard (5th June 2022), RunningDeer (5th June 2022), Stephanie (5th June 2022), wondering (5th June 2022), Yoda (5th June 2022)

11. Link to Post #146
    Canada Avalon Member Johnnycomelately's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,750 times in 998 posts

Quote Posted by Mike (here)
    My #1 suggestion to combat demoralization is to get angry about the lies and tactics that are causing this existential malaise. Actually it's my #2 suggestion. Get informed first, then angry.

Allow yourself to feel your anger. Wallow in it and let it light a flame under your ass.

I'm not suggesting violence, and I'm not suggesting bulging vein/foamy mouth type anger either. That's caveman crap, and not too useful.

You can't burn white hot with anger all the time; you'll burn yourself out. But learn to simmer most of the time. Keep the anger accessible for when you need it. And then find a way to express it creatively and strategically when necessary.

There's ENORMOUS energy in anger. Integrate and use it! It's one of your greatest weapons against this sort of thing.
    Mike, to your suggestion, I say no. Anger has never had a positive outcome for me, in this life at least. I have gone into fights thinking “I don’t want to hit him”, and come out miraculously fine. Times when I chose anger, the fabric of my very life got torn, needed fixing. Anger is an attitude that the darkness stokes, because it results in energy for them. For sure, following, it will make you more susceptible to base suggestion, an unnecessary and hazardous instability of being. Rather, keep to the light.

Peace.

12. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to Johnnycomelately For This Post:

Bassplayer1 (5th June 2022), Bill Ryan (5th June 2022), Harmony (5th June 2022), jaybee (5th June 2022), Johan (Keyholder) (5th June 2022), Mercedes (5th June 2022), Mike (5th June 2022), modini (5th June 2022), Reinhard (5th June 2022), RunningDeer (5th June 2022), Stephanie (5th June 2022), Tyy1907 (5th June 2022), wondering (5th June 2022)

13. Link to Post #147
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,024 times in 2,210 posts

John F Schumacher's article (mentioned above in post #136) dates back to April 1st 2016 (and no, that was not a "joke"!).

Since then, the general world situation has gotten worse, in about every aspect possible. A virus (oh really?), vaccinations (oh really??), manipulated wars, food shortages, "disinformation", "fake news"... and loads of other "stuff" only have increased the "demoralization", worldwide.

Maybe those that run this "loosh-factory" are having a big party? And 99.5% (or there about) of the public has no clue? What was written in 2016 is ever so much more true today.

A rather unknown psychotherapist, Viktor Frankl, who was in Auschwitz ānd survived it, also developed his system of psychotherapy (named logotherapy) IN Auschwitz. The keyword in his therapy: MEANING. And is that not exactly what is missing most amongst the demoralized? True, finding "meaning" in today's nutty world is not that simple. Still, it is not impossible either (if one is strongwilled enough and determined to find it).

I will never forget when - rather by coincidence - I met Viktor Frankl's widow in Vienna some years ago (she was already in her nineties, but still very bright). This one thing she said, I will always remember: "It is such a pity that not more professional psychologists and psychotherapists practice logotherapy. But it is no wonder, because there is no money in it. In most cases after two - three sessions the patient is cured. And that's not what the "professionals" want... (the majority of them anyway).

Many thanks for drawing attention to Frankl's book - (and thanks Bill for posting it...)...

I was having a bad night last night - one of those night's when you wake up and get into a loop of anxiety about various things and feelings - I had to turn on the bedside light, make a cup of tea and have tea and biscuits at around 1.30 am - I had a look at the forum and this thread and starting reading the book.... oh my - the descriptions of the Concentration Camp... I'm extra interested because through dreams and intuition I think I was a (Russian?) Jew that was killed in WW2... a young woman... I won't go into details here but I believe I was killed in a 'Gas Van'... so didn't have the concentration Camp experience... reading the book didn't make me feel worse, it got me through the Darkest Hour Before Dawn - I'm nearly on page 100 now but wanted to extract a quote for this thread from page 98...

Quote What was really needed was a fundamental change
    in our attitude toward life. We had to learn ourselves
    and, furthermore, we had to teach the despairing men,
    that it did not really matter what we expected from life,
    but rather what life expected from us. We needed to
    stop asking about the meaning of life, and instead to
    think of ourselves as those who were being questioned
    by life - daily and hourly. Our answer must consist,
    not in talk and meditation, but in right action and in
    right conduct. Life ultimately means taking the responsibility to find the right answer to its problems and
    to fulfill the tasks which it constantly sets for each
    individual.

These tasks, and therefore the meaning of life, differ
    from man to man, and from moment to moment. Thus
    it is impossible to define the meaning of life in a general
    way. Questions about the meaning of life can never be
    answered by sweeping statements. "Life" does not
    mean something vague, but something very real and
    concrete, just as life's tasks are also very real and
    concrete. They form man's destiny, which is different
    and unique for each individual. No man and no destiny
    can be compared with any other man or any other
    destiny. No situation repeats itself, and each situation
    calls for a different response.

anyway - that's all for now... I will be getting on with the book later...

14. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to jaybee For This Post:

Bassplayer1 (5th June 2022), Bill Ryan (5th June 2022), Harmony (5th June 2022), Johan (Keyholder) (5th June 2022), Johnnycomelately (5th June 2022), Mercedes (5th June 2022), modini (5th June 2022), Reinhard (5th June 2022), RunningDeer (5th June 2022), Stephanie (5th June 2022), wondering (5th June 2022)

15. Link to Post #148
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,282 times in 1,435 posts

Quote Posted by Bill Ryan (here)
    https://avalonlibrary.net/ebooks/Vik...%20Meaning.pdf

To follow this Frankl post

An analysis of this man's experiences from another perspective

10/1/2021

https://www.getwisdom.com/voiceameri...-show-archive/
    "Without the human request, nothing will happen."

"This must never be forgotten, that the human has the power to prevail."

16. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Tyy1907 For This Post:

Bill Ryan (9th June 2022), Johnnycomelately (6th June 2022), Reinhard (5th June 2022), RunningDeer (5th June 2022), Stephanie (5th June 2022), wondering (6th June 2022)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 1 8