+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 4 LastLast

Thread: What Supplements Might be Missing from your Health Regimen?

1. Link to Post #21
    Netherlands Avalon Member ExomatrixTV's Avatar
    Language
    English, Dutch, German, Limburgs
    Thanks
    Thanked 125,756 times in 20,829 posts

Lightbulb Re: What Supplements Might be Missing from your Health Regimen?

• 23 Signs Your Body Is Deficient in Nutrients

No need to follow anyone, only consider broadening (y)our horizon of possibilities ...

2. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to ExomatrixTV For This Post:

Antagenet (4th June 2022), Bill Ryan (18th April 2022), Harmony (6th April 2022), Inversion (6th May 2022), mojo (6th April 2022), mojorissin (28th May 2022), Stephanie (27th April 2022), The KMan (27th May 2022)

3. Link to Post #22
    Great Britain Avalon Member Mari's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,311 times in 674 posts

Default Re: What Supplements Might be Missing from your Health Regimen?

Quote Posted by onawah (here)
    Me too, John, except I don't use Cayenne ( hot spices give me acid reflux) and I use Real Salt (from ancient salt beds in Utah) instead of Himalayan.
    Avalonian Dennis Leahy, who is an organic famer, did some research on CBD and the best source he found is Lazarus Naturals. https://www.lazarusnaturals.com/product-guide
    ...which is where I've been getting my CBD.
    (They also have a program for low income customers, which I doubt many other vendors do.)
    I recently started taking Chaga mushroom from Dr. Mercola. Clif High has been saying lots of good things about Chaga.

Quote Posted by ExomatrixTV (here)
    • I use pure & raw biological (non-GMO) CBD oil pills (does anyone know what nutrients CBD oil has?) ... And I use Curcumin (aka Tumuric) 1 thee-spoon in a glass of mineral source-water I drink when I just woke up on an empty stomachache ... Bit of Maca powder added in most of my meals ... Many people do not know that Raw Cacao contains enough natural Magnesium if you drink or eat it once a day! ... I use pink Himalayan Salt and Cayenne Pepper every day added to my meal.

<<-- edit update! -->>

CBD oil contains a number of beneficial nutrients. In addition to containing all of the cannabinoids found in the hemp plant (if the extraction level is full spectrum), CBD oil also contains beneficial terpenes and amino acids. Other nutrients in CBD oil include thiamine, riboflavin, niacin, pyridoxine, folate, vitamin E, calcium, potassium, phosphorus, magnesium, copper, iron, zinc, and manganese. CBD also contains healthy fats, such as Omega 6 fatty acid.

I wonder if there are any Avalonians that also uses all the above ... or am I alone in that?

cheers,
    John

Well, I've used CBD oil for years (great for a decent night's sleep, too) Also turmeric in cooking, great for inflammation, cayenne pepper, smoked paprika for my fibro/arthritis, I always use Marldon (the best!) sea salt (never 'table salt) and, as stated before, high percentage (85%) chocolate for magnesium and cos I love it.

4. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Mari For This Post:

Antagenet (4th June 2022), Bill Ryan (18th April 2022), Harmony (7th April 2022), Inversion (6th May 2022), mojo (6th April 2022), mojorissin (28th May 2022), onawah (6th April 2022), Stephanie (27th April 2022), The KMan (27th May 2022)

5. Link to Post #23
    United States Avalon Member onawah's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 116,102 times in 20,640 posts

FDA Dangles the Axe over NAC--Action Alert from Alliance for Natural Health
    4/6/22
    https://anh-usa.org/the-latest-on-nac/

"Two important updates on the future of NAC, a critical antioxidant supplement—and why we need to keep fighting for access. Action Alert!

FDA Denies NAC Citizens Petition

Last week, the FDA denied two Citizens Petitions from the supplement industry requesting the agency reach a determination that N-acetyl-L-cysteine (NAC) is included in the definition of a dietary supplement. Recall from our previous coverage that the agency has stated in warning letters to supplement makers that NAC does not meet the definition of a supplement because it was approved as a drug first in 1963.

We, and many others, believe there are many issues with the FDA’s legal arguments that NAC is not a supplement. We think it has a lot to do with recent excitement about NAC in the drug industry: a drug company is investigating NAC as a treatment for a rare genetic disorder that damages the myelin sheath, which insulates nerve cells in the brain. The Phase 1 trial was completed in March 2020. There are 17 trials looking at NAC, in both drug and supplement form, in the treatment of COVID. Additionally, there are over 50 trials looking at NAC for a variety of other conditions. Given these facts, it seems reasonable to assume that the FDA is setting the stage for a new NAC drug to come to market by removing the competition from much cheaper NAC supplements.

FDA Dangles the Axe over NAC

In the same Constituent Update denying the Citizens Petitions, the FDA said it is “considering exercising enforcement discretion” regarding NAC supplements as it decides whether to issue a rulemaking allowing NAC to be a legal supplement. Translation: NAC supplements may be safe from FDA enforcement…for now. But until the legality of NAC supplements is established, the FDA could act at any time to remove them from the market.

Despite this tentative determination, much damage has already been done. Last year Amazon announced its plans to remove NAC supplements from its website. We’ve also heard reports that PayPal will not process payments that contain NAC supplements.

We cannot wait for the FDA to act. We must continue to push Congress to take action to protect NAC.

Action Alert! Tell Congress to protect NAC supplements. Please send your message immediately. https://anh-usa.org/the-latest-on-nac/

(More Medical Tyranny!! Many credible sources of health info have been recommending NAC for protection from COVID and from what the jabbed are transmitting.)
    Each breath a gift...

6. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to onawah For This Post:

Antagenet (4th June 2022), Bill Ryan (18th April 2022), Harmony (7th April 2022), Inversion (6th May 2022), mojo (7th April 2022), Stephanie (27th April 2022), Sue (Ayt) (7th April 2022), The KMan (27th May 2022)

7. Link to Post #24
    Netherlands Avalon Member ExomatrixTV's Avatar
    Language
    English, Dutch, German, Limburgs
    Thanks
    Thanked 125,756 times in 20,829 posts

• What would be the best way to detox yourself from nano-tech? (like graphene oxide)?
    Conclusions in 2016:

In the past few years, GFNs have been widely utilized in a wide range of technological and biomedical fields. Currently, most experiments have focused on the toxicity of GFNs in the lungs and livers. Therefore, studies of brain injury or neurotoxicity deserve more attention in the future. Many experiments have shown that GFNs have toxic side effects in many biological applications, but the in-depth study of toxicity mechanisms is urgently needed. In addition, contrasting results regarding the toxicity of GFNs need to be addressed by effective experimental methods and systematic studies. This review provides an overview of the toxicity of GFNs by summarizing the toxicokinetics, toxicity mechanisms and influencing factors and aimed to provide information to facilitate thorough research on the in vitro and in vivo haemo- and biocompatibility of GFNs in the future. This review will help address safety concerns before the clinical and therapeutic applications of GFNs, which will be important for further development of GFNs in biological applications.
    Last edited by ExomatrixTV; 7th April 2022 at 02:32.
    No need to follow anyone, only consider broadening (y)our horizon of possibilities ...

8. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to ExomatrixTV For This Post:

Bill Ryan (18th April 2022), Harmony (7th April 2022), Inversion (6th May 2022), mojo (7th April 2022), onawah (9th April 2022), Stephanie (27th April 2022), The KMan (27th May 2022)

9. Link to Post #25
    United States Avalon Member mojo's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 39,443 times in 5,646 posts

I wanted to thank a member that mentioned Magnesium stopped his muscle cramps. I have been taking that supplement for a few months now and realized havent suffered from those agonizing painful calf spasms since starting it. Also I added Quercetin for a few months now. I'm hoping it will be effective against Covid & flu since Ivermectin is still hard to get.

10. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to mojo For This Post:

Bill Ryan (18th April 2022), fifi (27th May 2022), Harmony (16th April 2022), Inversion (6th May 2022), leavesoftrees (16th April 2022), onawah (16th April 2022), Peace in Oz (17th April 2022), Stephanie (27th April 2022), The KMan (27th May 2022)

11. Link to Post #26
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Action Alert!! Alliance for Natural Health USA
    https://anh-usa.org/fdas-major-food-...Ex71kJVORkJKNk
    4/18/22

"An in-depth analysis reveals deep, structural problems that prevent the FDA from adequately ensuring the safety of our food—so why is the agency attacking supplements? Action Alert!

A major investigation into the FDA’s food safety work from Politico shows a profoundly broken agency unable to do the jobs it has been tasked with.

Some major takeaways from the report include:

The Center for Food Safety and Applied Nutrition lacks clear leadership, “suffers from a deep-seated culture of avoiding hard decisions and has a near paralyzing fear of picking serious fights with the food industry,” (emphasis added).
    The FDA has not put standards in place for the water used to grow fresh produce, which were part of a 2011 food safety bill.
    The agency has dragged its feet in regulating heavy metals and other contaminants in baby food.
    This confirms what ANH has been saying for some time. The FDA defers to the interests of Big Food and Big Pharma, and works to protect their interests. This means undermining and attacking dietary supplements, which compete with drugs. That’s why we see dangerous policies being pursued like mandatory product registration for supplements.

Our previous coverage details everything wrong with mandatory product registration for supplements. The problem is that many of your elected officials in Congress still think this proposal is completely harmless. Even though we know the bottom line is that if it gets approved, more than 41,000 supplements could be removed from the market.

Supporters of this proposal are working quickly behind the scenes so there is no time to lose!

Action Alert! Write to Congress and tell them to oppose “mandatory filing” for supplements. Please send your message immediately. Please also forward this alert to three friends and ask them to act. We need all hands on deck to defeat this proposal being pushed by Senator Durbin!"
    https://anh-usa.org/fdas-major-food-...Ex71kJVORkJKNk
    Each breath a gift...

12. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to onawah For This Post:

Bill Ryan (18th April 2022), fifi (27th May 2022), Harmony (18th April 2022), Inversion (6th May 2022), mojo (18th April 2022), Stephanie (27th April 2022), The KMan (27th May 2022), Trisher (18th April 2022)

13. Link to Post #27
    UK Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,192 times in 437 posts

One of the most important things for the body to function properly is to have a healthy gut. I take ION BIOME. It used to be called Restore. This is an ancient soil messenger for healthy gut bacteria and closes the tight junctions against Glyphosate to allow the body to detoxify. It was developed by Zac Bush and it is very effective.

14. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Trisher For This Post:

Alecs (27th April 2022), Antagenet (4th June 2022), Bill Ryan (18th April 2022), fifi (27th May 2022), Harmony (18th April 2022), Inversion (6th May 2022), mojo (18th April 2022), onawah (18th April 2022), onevoice (18th April 2022), Stephanie (27th April 2022), The KMan (27th May 2022)

15. Link to Post #28
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Supplement Bombshell Coming
    From Alliance for Natural Health-USA
    04/26/2022
    https://anh-usa.org/supplement-bombshell-coming/

"Senator Durbin’s (D-IL) supplement regulation threatening 41,000 supplements is moving forward, and on multiple fronts. We must respond immediately. Urgent Action Alert!

For months now, we’ve been telling you about Sen. Durbin’s plan to impose new requirements on dietary supplements. These new requirements threaten more than 41,000 products on the market. If we want to preserve access to the supplements we rely on to stay healthy, we must contact our elected representatives immediately and tell them not to support this policy.

Here’s what we know. Senator Mike Braun (R-IN) has agreed to join Sen. Durbin in introducing a bill to require mandatory product registration for supplements; this morning, Sen. Durbin gave a speech introducing the bill on the Senate floor. But that’s not all. Separately, Senator Patty Murray (D-WA), Chair of the Senate Health, Education, Labor, and Pensions (HELP) Committee, is independently moving forward with plans to attach mandatory product registration for supplements to the reauthorization of the Prescription Drug User Fee Act that must pass by the end of September. This is a common tactic in Congress to enact policies that could not pass on their own; simply sneak the policy into must-pass legislation and hope no one is paying attention.

As we mentioned previously, powerful forces on multiple fronts are converging to get this policy across the finish line. With Senator Braun, it now has bipartisan support; Senator Murray, HELP Committee Chair, supports it; President Biden supports it; and we know the FDA wants it. Only with a powerful grassroots response can we hope to stop this terrible policy in its tracks.

Our previous coverage details everything wrong with mandatory product registration for supplements. The problem is that many of your elected officials in Congress still think this proposal is completely harmless. Even though we know the bottom line is that if it gets approved, more than 41,000 supplements could be removed from the market.

Why are more supplement regulations such a priority for these federal authorities? Supplements are overwhelmingly safe. According to the FDA, in 2021, the agency received 2,400 adverse event reports related to dietary supplements. To put this in context, according to the FDA’s adverse event database, in 2021 FDA received a total of 2,333,453 adverse event reports. That means that dietary supplements make up 0.1% of the adverse event reports to the FDA. National reports consistently show zero deaths from dietary supplements; according to the FDA’s database, in 2021 alone drugs killed 187,750 Americans. That supplements are the products getting federal attention speaks to the power of the drug industry lobby and the willingness of elected officials and FDA officials to do their bidding.

Your House and Senate members need to hear from you, their constituent, that this proposal is an enormous waste of taxpayer dollars that you don’t want. We need to flood their inboxes with this message to be sure they hear it. Please share this action alert with others who care about natural health and access to supplements and ask them to also reach out to Congress and tell them to oppose this policy!

Supporters of this proposal are working quickly behind the scenes so there is no time to lose!

Action Alert! Write to Congress and tell them to oppose “mandatory filing” for supplements. Please send your message immediately.
    Please also forward this alert to three friends and ask them to act.
    We need all hands on deck to defeat Durbin." Send letters here: https://anh-usa.org/supplement-bombshell-coming/
    Each breath a gift...

16. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to onawah For This Post:

Antagenet (4th June 2022), Bill Ryan (21st July 2022), earthdreamer (27th April 2022), fifi (27th May 2022), Harmony (27th April 2022), Mike (26th April 2022), mojo (27th April 2022), Stephanie (27th April 2022), Sue (Ayt) (27th April 2022), The KMan (27th May 2022), Trisher (27th April 2022), wondering (26th April 2022)

17. Link to Post #29
    Philippines Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,266 times in 2,725 posts

The only zupplements that I keep coming back to. Are detox herbs. It makes sense when one is living in a place full of toxins

18. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Bubu For This Post:

Bill Ryan (21st July 2022), Harmony (25th May 2022), mojo (16th May 2022), onawah (6th May 2022), Stephanie (27th April 2022), The KMan (27th May 2022)

19. Link to Post #30
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Durbin Bill Signals End of High-Dose Supplements
    By ANH-USA On 05/05/2022
    https://anh-usa.org/durbin-bill-sign...e-supplements/
    Alliance for Natural Health ACTION ALERT

"Powerful forces, including Senator Dick Durbin (D-IL), Bill Gates, and the National Academies, are working to bring about supplement bans. We must stop them. Action Alert!

Relative to the rest of the world, the US consumer has access to a wide range of supplements at a variety of dosage levels. This includes higher doses which are often used by integrative doctors to regenerate our health. That could all change if Sen. Durbin’s newly-introduced mandatory product listing bill for supplements gets enacted by Congress. History has shown that Sen. Durbin’s end game is to target high-dose supplements because he tried to do this in previous versions of this bill. This is in line with supplement bans being devised in the European Union, which is setting draconian restrictions on the maximum level of nutrients supplements can deliver. We must act now to avert this disaster.

An analysis of a previous iteration of Sen. Durbin’s bill in 2013 is telling. It had two sections. The first was similar to his current bill, mandating that supplement companies register all of their products with the FDA, submitting a description of each product, a list of ingredients, and a copy of the label. But the second section called on the Department of Health and the National Academies of Sciences, Engineering, and Medicine (NASEM) to create a list of supplement ingredients that could cause “potentially serious adverse events.”

NASEM, known previously as the Institute of Medicine, has already developed levels above which they believe nutrients can cause adverse events (referred to as tolerable upper levels, or “ULs”). This was done decades ago. It seems obvious, then, that Sen. Durbin intends for his bill to be used to eliminate high-dose supplements; this second section was omitted in the current bill, but we believe his intent and long-term plan is the same. In fact, the new version of the bill specifically requires companies to submit the amount per serving of ingredients and the percent of the daily value of each ingredient, if such information is required by other regulations.

It’s a one-two punch: companies are required to register all their products with the FDA, giving the agency a list that can be referenced when maximum levels of nutrients are set for supplements under the guise of preventing “potentially serious adverse events.” The FDA can then eliminate these products at the drop of a hat.

The situation in Europe provides the blueprint. Europe’s march toward banning high-dose supplements has been going on for decades. The intention of EU law is to implement EU-wide, harmonized limits on maximum levels of vitamins and minerals in supplements. While EU authorities pursue that goal, individual member countries have issued their own restrictions on high-dose supplements. For example, Germany has decreed that magnesium supplements cannot contain more than 250mg of magnesium. Similar maximum limits have been created for a number of other nutrients in several countries, including Italy, France, Ireland, Belgium, and the Netherlands.

If you think that this can’t happen in the US, think again. The maximum permitted levels in nutrients created by European authorities are derived from ULs. The framework is already in place for US regulators to do exactly what some European countries have done in restricting dosages based on ULs. “Harmonization” of nutrient levels permitted in supplements is coming. All of the pieces are falling into place to eliminate the supplements that compete with drug companies.

This isn’t just speculation. In 2018, at the request of the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, NASEM convened a workshop to “assess methodological approaches that could be applied uniformly across countries in setting nutrient intake recommendations.” The big players, like the pharmaceutical giants and the supplement companies they own, want global harmonization because it makes it easier to do business. These discussions are being had, hidden behind layer upon layer of bureaucracy. This is a very real threat.

Why should we care about maximum permitted levels, like magnesium being capped at 250mg in supplements? Magnesium supplements in the US are very commonly sold at dosages above 250mg; 400 and 500mg capsules are routinely available. Without these higher dosages, it would be difficult to take advantage of the many therapeutic effects of high dose magnesium. Take hypertension, for example. A meta-analysis found supplementation with magnesium at an average of 410mg a day for 11 months significantly reduced blood pressure, with an even greater effect at higher doses.

Additionally, Germany’s limit on magnesium was devised without consideration of the different forms of magnesium, the different effects they produce, and with a flawed risk assessment model that ignores benefits—subjects we will return to in the future.

All of this signals the main purpose behind these ridiculous supplement restrictions: governments, beholden to pharmaceutical interests, do not want consumers using affordable, safe natural products for disease prevention and treatment; they want you buying expensive and dangerous drugs that make you sick but lots of other people very rich.

We cannot emphasize this point enough. If European-style standards come to the US, thousands of products would immediately be banned, a project made even easier by Sen. Durbin’s bill. This would be a disaster for public health. As we will elaborate in future articles, high-dose supplements are required to derive therapeutic benefits from nutrients. Government regulators seem unable, or unwilling, to grasp this fact.

The threat of Durbin’s mandatory FDA registration is urgent. Members of Congress do not understand the problems stemming from this mandate. They are currently considering attaching this proposal to the must-pass prescription drug user fee legislation. This could become law in a matter of a couple months if we don’t ensure that Congress understands why this is such a bad idea. We need to act now to preserve our freedom to stay healthy, naturally.

Action Alert! Write to Congress and tell them to oppose Sen. Durbin’s bill and mandatory product listing for dietary supplements. Please send your message immediately."

https://anh-usa.org/durbin-bill-sign...e-supplements/
    Each breath a gift...

20. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to onawah For This Post:

Bill Ryan (21st July 2022), East Sun (6th May 2022), Harmony (25th May 2022), mojo (16th May 2022), Sue (Ayt) (6th May 2022), The KMan (27th May 2022)

21. Link to Post #31
    United States Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,407 times in 1,631 posts

I had a small bruise on my right bicep and it wasn't healing. I stopped taking my morning vitamins and protein drink and it healed quickly. I'm thinking that whatever they've done is having an opposite effect. About 25 years ago I purchased a powdered product called Ricotrine (not sure of the spelling and I couldn't find a reference to it on the net). It was a green powder derived from rice husk. Women in Indian would go to the factories to get the husk if their babies got sick. It's loaded with vitamins and nutrients.
    Last edited by Inversion; 16th May 2022 at 15:17.

22. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Inversion For This Post:

Antagenet (4th June 2022), Bill Ryan (21st July 2022), fifi (27th May 2022), Harmony (25th May 2022), mojo (16th May 2022), The KMan (27th May 2022), Tracie (Bodhicee) (17th May 2022)

23. Link to Post #32
    Thanks

The possibility of someone infiltrating the food industry is maybe 98%? The same with the companies making baby formula, it is even worst. I do not doubt that the evil cabal POS are on a mission to depopulate the World and if they created a poison jab they will do anything. And, Bill Gates is big into PHARMA & FOOD supply. We absolutely need to clean out the institutions and get better oversight. Yet I will not live in fear, my journey with supplements started a year ago and personally know some have helped greatly. Our food supply has lost nutrient values for sure so I guess what I changed is reading the bottles of the supplements better and finding out where they are made. Used to have Spring Valley supplements until finding out they were made in China. One of the greatest changes realized personally is that Magnesium supplement stopped my muscle cramps.

24. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to mojo For This Post:

Bill Ryan (21st July 2022), Harmony (25th May 2022), Inversion (16th May 2022), meat suit (16th May 2022), onawah (16th May 2022), The KMan (27th May 2022), Tracie (Bodhicee) (17th May 2022)

25. Link to Post #33
    Language
    English
    Thanks

You do have to be careful of what brands you use.
    (Anything that WalMart carries is likely to be junk.)
    I get most of my supplements from Vitacost.
    They have a huge variety of brand names and items to choose from, and if you buy $49 worth, you get free shipping.
    Their prices are much better than buying locally, and I can usually get everything I need with one monthly purchase, including various consumables, personal care and household products as well.
    Their service is excellent, and they have frequent sales.
    If you sign in, load up your shopping cart and then just leave it for a few days, they will email you with a 10% discount offer if you make the purchase.

Quote Posted by mojo (here)
    Our food supply has lost nutrient values for sure so I guess what I changed is reading the bottles of the supplements better and finding out where they are made. Used to have Spring Valley supplements until finding out they were made in China.
    Last edited by onawah; 16th May 2022 at 20:08.
    Each breath a gift...

26. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to onawah For This Post:

Antagenet (4th June 2022), Bill Ryan (21st July 2022), fifi (27th May 2022), Harmony (25th May 2022), Inversion (16th May 2022), mojo (16th May 2022)

27. Link to Post #34
    Language
    English
    Thanks

FDA Backs Glutathione Ban
    By ANH-USA
    05/19/2022
    https://anh-usa.org/fda-backs-glutathione-ban/

"The threat to this critical medicine deepens. We have to act fast to protect glutathione. Action Alert! Sign here: https://anh-usa.org/action-center/

Ahead of the June 8th meeting of an FDA advisory committee, the FDA has released its own recommendation for whether glutathione should be permitted to be made at specialized pharmacies for individual patients—and the news isn’t good. The agency has recommended that compounded glutathione be banned from pharmacy compounding. We need to work fast to make sure the FDA and its committee knows that patient health will be harmed if we do not have access to compounded glutathione.

In its materials released ahead of the June 8th meeting of its Pharmacy Compounding Advisory Committee (PCAC), the FDA explains its reasoning for backing a ban on compounded glutathione. The FDA cites safety issues with glutathione, including hepatoxicity, or damage to the liver. Huh? Is the FDA aware that n-acetylcysteine (NAC), which tells the body to make glutathione, is the standard treatment for acetaminophen poisoning—which causes liver injury? What is the FDA thinking?

The FDA doesn’t appear to be concerned about the common drugs on the market that can also lead to liver injury, like many antibiotics (amoxicillin-clavulanate, flucloxacillin, sulfamethoxazole/Trimethoprim, and erythromycin) and NSAIDs (diclofenac, Ibuprofen). In fact, the FDA has an entire database of drugs known to cause liver injury with over 1,000 entries.

This exposes what a sham the FDA’s process is. The precursor to glutathione is used to treat drug-induced liver injury in hospitals, and glutathione is being banned…because it damages the liver? It doesn’t pass the sniff test. This supports our theory from the start: the FDA is doing whatever it can to protect drug industry profits. We reported previously on the wide range of uses for glutathione—and that’s the problem. Because it is so useful for such a variety of conditions, it competes with and threatens the financial viability of lots of different drugs. Here comes FDA, once again, to save Big Pharma’s bacon and the expense of patients.

Your ability to use individualized glutathione to stay healthy is in jeopardy. An FDA committee that has already voted to ban many natural medicines from being made at specialized pharmacies is meeting soon to help decide the fate of glutathione. A glutathione ban would be a disaster. It has a wide variety of medical applications, and there is no commercially available glutathione drug, so a ban would mean loss of access.

The FDA and the Pharmacy Compounding Advisory Committee (PCAC) need to hear from patients about why we need to have access to this critical treatment. Write to Congress, the FDA, and PCAC, urging them to retain consumer access to personalized glutathione!
    We need a strong response from patients to show the FDA and PCAC that people care about and need access to this medicine. We encourage advocates to add a personal story if you have one when filling out the action alert below

Action Alert! Post a message to regulations.gov defending glutathione; you will also send a message to the FDA, PCAC, and Congress. Please send your message immediately. GO TO:
    https://anh-usa.org/action-center/
    Each breath a gift...

28. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to onawah For This Post:

avid (25th May 2022), Bill Ryan (21st July 2022), fifi (27th May 2022), Harmony (25th May 2022), Inversion (25th May 2022), Johnnycomelately (27th May 2022), meat suit (25th May 2022), mojo (25th May 2022), The KMan (27th May 2022), Trisher (27th May 2022)

29. Link to Post #35
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Turmeric and Curcumin are discussed starting here: https://projectavalon.net/forum4/sho...=1#post1499939
    Each breath a gift...

30. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to onawah For This Post:

Bill Ryan (21st July 2022), Harmony (27th May 2022), Johnnycomelately (27th May 2022), mojo (27th May 2022), The KMan (27th May 2022), Trisher (27th May 2022)

31. Link to Post #36
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Action Alert--Feds Colluding Against Supplements/ FDA: No More Detox
    5/26/22
    From Alliance for Natural Health USA via votervoice.net https://anh-usa.org/what-if-durbin-gets-his-way/
    Go here to read more and take action here: https://anh-usa.org/action-center/
    "A well-organized, coordinated campaign from the FDA and Big Pharma is threatening access to the supplements you depend on. Using the false premise that supplements are unsafe, the FDA is working to gain more power over the regulation of supplements in order to further solidify Big Pharma’s monopoly over medicine. These efforts must be opposed.
    Write to Congress and tell them to oppose efforts to establish a "mandatory filing" for supplements."
    https://anh-usa.org/action-center/
    Each breath a gift...

32. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to onawah For This Post:

Bill Ryan (21st July 2022), fifi (27th May 2022), Harmony (27th May 2022), Johnnycomelately (27th May 2022), mojo (27th May 2022), The KMan (27th May 2022), Trisher (27th May 2022)

33. Link to Post #37
    Thanks

Just crushed my finger trying to repair my elliptical. The muscle and bone exposed. Is there any herbs for trauma & healing tissue?

34. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to mojo For This Post:

Bill Ryan (21st July 2022), Harmony (4th June 2022), Johnnycomelately (27th May 2022)

35. Link to Post #38
    Thanks

Quote Posted by mojo (here)
    Just crushed my finger trying to repair my elliptical. The muscle and bone exposed. Is there any herbs for trauma & healing tissue?
    Comfrey (Symphytum officinale) is used for muscular and bone trauma. And among the Bach flowers remedies, Star of Bethlehem is the choice.

Hoping your quick recovery
    Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle (Plato)

36. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Unicorn For This Post:

Bill Ryan (21st July 2022), Harmony (4th June 2022), Johnnycomelately (27th May 2022), mojo (27th May 2022)

37. Link to Post #39
    Language
    English
    Thanks

LAST CHANCE to Protect Glutathione!
    By Alliance for Natural Health-USA
    06/03/2022
    https://anh-usa.org/last-chance-to-protect-glutathione/

"The clock is ticking for us to demonstrate massive grassroots opposition to a ban on compounded glutathione. Act now! Action Alert!

On Wednesday, June 8th, an FDA advisory committee is meeting to discuss whether glutathione can continue to be made at compounding pharmacies. The FDA has already suggested that the committee recommend a ban. The deck is stacked against glutathione and other natural medicines; we have to mount a substantial grassroots response to protect this critical antioxidant.

Our previous articles over the last few weeks detail the tremendous health benefits of glutathione. It helps with cancer treatment, Parkinson’s and Alzheimer’s, pulmonary disease, immune enhancement, autism spectrum disorder, COVID-19, headaches, detoxification, and more. The main reason glutathione can have help with such a diverse array of conditions is its role in reducing oxidative stress—an imbalance between free radicals and antioxidants.

Compounded glutathione is especially critical. Glutathione is not absorbed well when taken in oral supplement form; that’s why many integrative doctors opt for compounded forms which can be delivered through intravenous, intranasal, or sublingual administration. There are no commercial versions of glutathione in these forms, so an FDA ban would mean loss of access to all of these forms.

In detailing its reasoning for backing a ban on glutathione, the FDA cites safety issues. The FDA cites safety issues with glutathione, including hepatoxicity, or damage to the liver. Is the FDA aware that n-acetylcysteine (NAC), which tells the body to make glutathione, is the standard treatment for acetaminophen poisoning—which causes liver injury? What is the FDA thinking?

Further, the FDA’s adverse event reporting system lists 114 total adverse events from glutathione between 1991 and 2022. That’s an average of just under 4 adverse events per year. As with any medicine, there is always the possibility of side effects, particularly when that medicine is used irresponsibly. But 4 adverse events a year? What FDA-approved drug can boast such a safety profile? Tecfidera is considered a safer drug for multiple sclerosis; it averages 11,789 adverse events per year. Tylenol, for which there is adverse event data all the way back to 1970, averages 462 adverse events per year.

We cannot let this happen. If the FDA’s advisory committee votes to ban glutathione, it is a certainty that the FDA will issue a proposed rule to ban glutathione along with other natural medicines it doesn’t like. As we’ve argued elsewhere, we believe the FDA is doing all of this to protect drug industry profits. Glutathione is a threat to the drugs that treat the disease conditions mentioned above. In fact, there are several clinical trials that are looking, or have already looked at, glutathione to treat Parkinson’s, Alzheimer’s, type 2 diabetes, cystic fibrosis, HIV infection, COVID-19, and more.

Action Alert! Go to the link to post a message to regulations.gov defending glutathione; you will also send a message to the FDA, PCAC, and Congress. Please send your message immediately."

https://anh-usa.org/last-chance-to-protect-glutathione/
    Each breath a gift...

38. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to onawah For This Post:

Antagenet (4th June 2022), Bill Ryan (21st July 2022), East Sun (4th June 2022), Harmony (4th June 2022), mojo (4th June 2022), Sue (Ayt) (4th June 2022)

39. Link to Post #40
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Action Alert! Senate Committee Passes Bill with Mandatory Supplement Listing
    Alliance for Natural Health
    06/16/2022
    https://anh-usa.org/senate-committee...ement-listing/

"Supplement restrictions are moving forward in Congress. Lawmakers need to hear that this is a bad idea. Action Alert!

This week, the Senate HELP Committee voted to approve its FDA user fee bill with mandatory dietary supplement product listing attached.

Requiring supplement companies to register all of their products with the FDA sounds innocuous but will have far-reaching, negative effects on your supplement access. This policy is being spear-headed by Senator Dick Durbin (D-IL), and we believe his ultimate goal is to eliminate higher dosages of supplements, as is being done in Europe. You can read more about the damage this policy will do to your supplement choices here, here, here, and here.

During the committee markup, Senator Mitt Romney (R-UT) offered the only supplement related amendment, which aimed to ensure this unnecessary regulatory burden wouldn’t expose supplement company trade secrets. Unfortunately, the amendment failed as committee Republicans supported it and Democrats opposed it. We expect the bill to receive a full Senate vote soon, so it is critical to let your Senators know we do not want mandatory supplement listing included.

The House has already passed its version of the FDA user fee bill, which does not include mandatory supplement listing. As a result of the differences, the House and Senate will have to reconcile their bills.

ANH will be letting Congress know we want to follow the House version and do not want mandatory supplement listing included in the final bill.

We have to oppose this terrible policy that will restrict consumer choice.

Action Alert! Write to Congress and tell them to oppose mandatory product registration for supplements. Please send your message immediately."

Take action here: https://anh-usa.org/senate-committee...ement-listing/

This is the message that will be sent:
    "I urge you to oppose S.4090 and attempts to attach supplement mandatory product listing to drug user fee reauthorization legislation.

The FDA wants to register all supplements with dosage information so they can easily identify and wipe out high-dosage supplements as has been done in Europe. These doses are needed so consumers can reap the benefits of vitamins and minerals.

If anyone doubts this, look at the previous version of the bill. It is spelled out there.

"Registration" can also easily lead to pre-approval. Then supplements will cost as much as drugs.

There are also jail sentences for non-compliance. Why criminalize health products?

The NIH has already spent tens of millions of taxpayer dollars creating its own supplement product label database. If only a database is wanted, why another?

Supplements are already regulated. The FDA can withdraw any for real cause. They are also overwhelmingly safe. In 2021, the FDA received 2.3mm adverse event reports. Only 0.1% related to supplements. They are also an American growth industry.

Please oppose mandatory dietary supplement product listing."
    Each breath a gift...

40. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to onawah For This Post:

Bill Ryan (21st July 2022), mojo (17th June 2022)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 4 LastLast