+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Fear and Courage

1. Link to Post #1
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,320 times in 2,100 posts

Default Fear and Courage

I saw a part of this video a few weeks ago at a local meeting to look into ideas for moving forward into our uncertain future. The group is working towards food security, easy energy solutions, private banking, health care without doctors and more.

They are loosely associated with Pam Popper and her "Make Americans Free Again" movement.

Why are Most People Cowards? | Obedience and the Rise of Authoritarianism

A million galaxies are a little foam on that shoreless sea. ~ Rumi

2. The Following 20 Users Say Thank You to Franny For This Post:

Alecs (8th April 2022), Bill Ryan (8th April 2022), Brigantia (8th April 2022), Delight (8th April 2022), Harmony (8th April 2022), JackMcThorn (8th April 2022), Johan (Keyholder) (8th April 2022), Johnnycomelately (8th April 2022), Mark (Star Mariner) (8th April 2022), Matthew (9th April 2022), Mike (8th April 2022), mojo (8th April 2022), pueblo (8th April 2022), RunningDeer (8th April 2022), Satori (10th April 2022), Sue (Ayt) (8th April 2022), thepainterdoug (8th April 2022), Vangelo (8th April 2022), Wind (8th April 2022), wondering (8th April 2022)

3. Link to Post #2
    Belgium Avalon Member Johan (Keyholder)'s Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,752 times in 531 posts

Default Re: Fear and Courage

Thanks Franny for this very good link to the "academyofideas.com" website.
    This YT video about "Courage" is quite excellent too.

The courage "to be different", have responsibility of self, learn to discern and "to do what is right". Such important subjects.

Courage is in a way in a "spectrum"; like autism can be. The need for Courage rises with the increase in authoritarianism.
    There are today very few "Viktor Peskov"'s (from the video above).

It's as if on one end of a sort of Bell-curve you have "the elite"/TPTB/etc, certainly less than 1% (maybe even less than 0.01% or 1 in 10.000) and
    on the other hand those that will go "to the end", die if that is what it takes (reminds me of the early Christians in the Colosseum in Rome, standing up ānd dying for what they believed in) to do what they know is right, and keeping their own personal sovereignity.

I just was given another link to a subject that is related: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H2qkVC_yrng&t=2744s

That video (Bart Marshall), discusses "a spiritual ark". In essence, those in the spiritual ark are/will be the ones with Courage...

4. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Johan (Keyholder) For This Post:

Bill Ryan (8th April 2022), Brigantia (8th April 2022), Delight (8th April 2022), Franny (8th April 2022), graciousb (13th April 2022), Harmony (8th April 2022), Mike (8th April 2022), ulli (8th April 2022), Wind (8th April 2022), wondering (8th April 2022)

5. Link to Post #3
    United States Avalon Member wondering's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,229 times in 912 posts

Franny, Great thread. I just read Mikes post below and I think this concept of cowardice is hard to think clearly about. I know I would like to think I would be courageous, but who knows. If I had to give up food, a home, freedom rather than turn someone in, for example...

Johan,I am thoroughly enjoying this video...a really great change for me. I love his directness in dealing with issues which are clear cut, for those "who have eyes to see and ears to hear". Very refreshing and confirming. Many thanks. I love the many possible meanings for "ark".
    Last edited by wondering; 8th April 2022 at 17:00. Reason: addition

6. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to wondering For This Post:

Bill Ryan (8th April 2022), Delight (8th April 2022), Franny (8th April 2022), Harmony (8th April 2022), Johan (Keyholder) (8th April 2022), Mike (8th April 2022), Mike Gorman (8th April 2022)

7. Link to Post #4
    United States Avalon Member Mike's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 50,563 times in 5,713 posts

Nice thread Franny!

I once started a thread called "You Are The Illuminatti", where I suggested that most people, given the chance, would join the so called Illuminati.

I got the idea from listening to a podcast about the Holocaust. In the podcast, it was suggested that, when reading about history - particularly the nasty parts - it's much more realistic to view yourself as a perpetrator, not a hero. Because chances are, had you been there, you would not have been a hero. You would have gone along with it just like everyone else. And worse yet, you might have even enjoyed this role.

The appropriate way to view history is not to separate oneself, but to understand that you're just like them and susceptible to all the evil they were under the right circumstances. And that's how history tends to repeat itself - in a bad way - because people cannot accept that they could be that evil and therfore don't do the shadow work required to integrate and tame that part of themselves

Predictably, most people in my thread said they wouldn't be a perpetrator. Those people in Nazi Germany were all "sociopaths" , they said. And so are the Illuminatti. But that's not really true. A great many of those people were perfectly normal actually. Just like me and you.

Most people are cowards, it's true. And most people will never ever admit it.

8. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Mike For This Post:

Bill Ryan (8th April 2022), Franny (8th April 2022), Harmony (10th April 2022), Johan (Keyholder) (13th April 2022), learninglight (9th April 2022), Mark (Star Mariner) (9th April 2022), Orph (8th April 2022), Satori (10th April 2022), wondering (8th April 2022)

+ Reply to Thread