1. Link to Post #1
    China Avalon Retired Member
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,516 times in 1,022 posts

Wink Post the Spiritual and Positive Films you like

Dear all,

I like to open this thread to share my loved films here. Welcome all of you to share your loved films and the reasons that why you like them. It is also a good way for us to know more about the difference between China and Western Countires.

Some of the films or TV plays may be in Chinese, I will use Google translation to help all of you to understand more.

Please enjoy this thread, thank you so much.

Jena Jiejing

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The first TV play: The Legend of White Snake

Legend of the White Snake wiki sharing

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Legend_of_the_White_Snake

Videos sharing:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wExj...9krZCE7ME2OqxY

My favorite song of this TV Play

青城山下白素贞
    洞中千年修此身
    啊啊
    勤修苦练来得道
    脱胎换骨变成人
    啊啊
    一心向道无杂念

皈依三宝弃红尘
    啊啊
    望求菩萨来点化
    渡我素贞出凡尘
    嗨呀嗨嗨哟
    嗨呀嗨嗨哟
    渡我素贞出凡尘
    嗨呀嗨嗨哟
    嗨呀嗨嗨哟
    渡我素贞出凡尘

Bai Suzhen at the foot of Mount Qingcheng
    Thousands of years of cultivation in the cave
    ah ah
    Hard work and hard work
    reborn into a human
    ah ah
    Focus on the road without distractions

Taking refuge in the Three Jewels and abandoning the world
    ah ah
    I hope to be enlightened by the Bodhisattva
    Take me out of the mortal world
    hey hey hey
    hey hey hey
    hey hey hey
    hey hey hey

~~~~~~~~·~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The reason that I like:

It is like a fairy tale. I like Bai Suzhen so much. She is very kind and elegant. From this TV play, I learned the Karma and the way of self refining and cultivation.

”After a hundred years of cultivation, we can cross the boat together, and after a thousand years of cultivation, we can sleep together“

After one thousand years, the snake wants to repay the debt to her savior Xu Xian, and then become a human being to marry him and bear a son.

Love is amazing. It can transcend time and space.
    Karma is soo cool. It decides our past and future.
    From this TV play, it helps me to better understand Buddism.
    Last edited by xidaijena; 11th April 2022 at 23:06.

2. The Following 17 Users Say Thank You to xidaijena For This Post:

Agape (14th April 2022), Alecs (13th April 2022), angelfire (14th April 2022), Ankle Biter (16th April 2022), cannawizard (10th September 2022), gini (16th April 2022), Harmony (12th April 2022), ian33 (12th April 2022), Ioneo (12th April 2022), justntime2learn (12th April 2022), Kryztian (12th April 2022), mountain_jim (17th May 2022), O Donna (12th April 2022), Sue (Ayt) (12th April 2022), Sunny (12th April 2022), The KMan (12th April 2022), TraineeHuman (12th April 2022)

3. Link to Post #2
    Thanks
    Thanked 29,965 times in 3,473 posts

Default Re: Post the Spiritual and Positive Films you like

Central do Brasil (Central Station)

Trailer:

Quote Central Station Trailer 1998
    Director: Walter Salles, Jr.
    Starring: Othon Bastos, Fernanda Montenegro, Marilia Pera, Vinicius de Oliveira, Soia Lira,

Official Content From Sony Pictures Home Entertainment

Dora, a cynical former teacher, works writing letters for illiterates in Central Station in Rio. When a client dies, Dora decides to sell the woman's 10-year-old son to the black market. Then she finds out that the boy may be killed for his organs, so she steals him back. Together they set off to find his father, whom he has never met.

Movie, Central Station Movie,Central Station Trailer,Central Station 1998, Walter Salles, Jr.,Othon Bastos, Fernanda Montenegro, Marilia Pera, Vinicius de Oliveira, Soia Lira,
    And, the full movie is currently up on Youtube for free! (Not sure how many ads though. It would be much more effective to watch this one without advertising.)

4. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Kryztian For This Post:

Agape (14th April 2022), Alecs (15th April 2022), angelfire (14th April 2022), Ankle Biter (16th April 2022), gini (16th April 2022), Harmony (12th April 2022), Ioneo (12th April 2022), justntime2learn (12th April 2022), O Donna (12th April 2022), The KMan (12th April 2022), xidaijena (12th April 2022)

5. Link to Post #3
    Great Britain Avalon Member ian33's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,306 times in 467 posts

Last edited by ian33; 12th April 2022 at 16:17.

6. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to ian33 For This Post:

Agape (14th April 2022), Alecs (15th April 2022), angelfire (14th April 2022), Ankle Biter (16th April 2022), Antagenet (27th July 2022), gini (16th April 2022), Harmony (12th April 2022), Ioneo (12th April 2022), mountain_jim (17th May 2022), xidaijena (12th April 2022)

7. Link to Post #4
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Kryztian (here)
    Central do Brasil (Central Station)

Trailer:

Quote Central Station Trailer 1998
    Director: Walter Salles, Jr.
    Starring: Othon Bastos, Fernanda Montenegro, Marilia Pera, Vinicius de Oliveira, Soia Lira,

Official Content From Sony Pictures Home Entertainment

Dora, a cynical former teacher, works writing letters for illiterates in Central Station in Rio. When a client dies, Dora decides to sell the woman's 10-year-old son to the black market. Then she finds out that the boy may be killed for his organs, so she steals him back. Together they set off to find his father, whom he has never met.

Movie, Central Station Movie,Central Station Trailer,Central Station 1998, Walter Salles, Jr.,Othon Bastos, Fernanda Montenegro, Marilia Pera, Vinicius de Oliveira, Soia Lira,
    And, the full movie is currently up on Youtube for free! (Not sure how many ads though. It would be much more effective to watch this one without advertising.)

Thanks for sharing this meaningful film.

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to xidaijena For This Post:

Harmony (17th April 2022), Kryztian (12th April 2022), mountain_jim (17th May 2022), O Donna (3rd May 2022)

9. Link to Post #5
    Language
    English
    Thanks

"The story of G.I. Gurdjieff and his travels to achieve enlightenment and inner growth. Beginning with his childhood, the movie follows his journeys through Central Asia as he discovers new levels of spirituality through music, dance and near-encounters with death." ~Meetings with Remarkable Men

"Milarepa depicts the humble beginnings of the man who was to become Tibet's greatest saint. A true story based on centuries-old oral traditions, a youthful Milarepa is propelled into a world of sorrow and betrayal after his father's sudden death. Destitute and hopeless, he sets out to learn black magic - and exact revenge on his enemies - encountering magicians, demons, an enigmatic teacher and unexpected mystical power along the way. But it is in confrontation with the consequences of his anger that he learns the most. Photographed in the stunning Lahaul-Spiti region of Northern India, Milarepa offers a provocative parallel to the cycle of violence and retribution consuming today's world."~Milarepa

I once heard about the film before but never watched.

"In early-13th-century Assisi in Italian Umbria, the son of a rich merchant, Francesco Bernardone, returns ill from war. In his delirium, he goes back in his memories to the days when he lived for parties and carnal pleasures. Yet, the shadow of the cross that he sees in fever brings an end to his old life. The armor which he calls "my death mask" appears to be his final clothing of the old human. He slowly recovers, but after the illness he is no longer the Francesco that everybody knew. Instead of spending hours in taverns, he spends them in meadows; instead of drinking, he meditates on the beauty of God's creatures. He encounters a ruined little church where, from the old cross, Christ changes his life forever. Francesco renounces riches and his family and starts to rebuild the church as "il Poverello--the poorest of the poor." Soon, he gathers many people who are willingly built into a powerful new Spiritual Temple. Will the kingly Pope accept a new order of beggars and the poorest of the poor? Will the shining gold accept the inner treasure?"~Fratello sole, sorella luna

Meaningful film.

Thank you for sharing.

10. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to xidaijena For This Post:

gini (16th April 2022), Harmony (17th April 2022), ian33 (14th April 2022), Ioneo (12th April 2022), mountain_jim (17th May 2022)

11. Link to Post #6
    Language
    English
    Thanks

The second TV play: Chinese Paladin

English wiki

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chines...din_(TV_series)

Chinese wiki

https://zh.wikipedia.org/zh/%E4%BB%9...A6%96%E5%8A%87)

There are two TV series in this TV play, which tell about the stories that the descendants of Nuwa save Mankind. From this TV play, I felt the deep love between man and man, man and devil, man and fairy.
    Last edited by xidaijena; 15th April 2022 at 17:11.

12. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to xidaijena For This Post:

Agape (14th April 2022), Alecs (15th April 2022), angelfire (14th April 2022), Ankle Biter (16th April 2022), Harmony (17th April 2022), ian33 (14th April 2022), mountain_jim (17th May 2022)

13. Link to Post #7
    Language
    English
    Thanks

The third Film: Matrix

"This is zion and we are not afraid!!" Morpheus epic speech scene

I like this speech sooo much. Morpheus is awesome. His speech is full of regal dignity. I like his role best.

Matrix Niobe

Niobe is such a charming lady and full of wisdom. I admire her.

14. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to xidaijena For This Post:

Agape (14th April 2022), Harmony (17th April 2022), Mark (3rd May 2022), mountain_jim (17th May 2022), O Donna (3rd May 2022)

15. Link to Post #8
    Germany Avalon Member Open Minded Dude's Avatar
    Language
    German
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,420 times in 648 posts

"Nosso Lar" = "Our Home" - although imv not really, just a 'Way Station' for souls before moving out of 'this' Earth incarnation cycle, anyway, a good movie

16. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Open Minded Dude For This Post:

Agape (14th April 2022), Ankle Biter (16th April 2022), Harmony (17th April 2022), Kryztian (15th April 2022), mountain_jim (17th May 2022), Tyy1907 (14th April 2022), xidaijena (15th April 2022)

17. Link to Post #9
    Language
    Fluent in bollox
    Thanks

Forest Gump a journey we are all on

18. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Catechism For This Post:

Ankle Biter (16th April 2022), cannawizard (10th September 2022), Harmony (17th April 2022), Tyy1907 (14th April 2022), xidaijena (15th April 2022)

19. Link to Post #10
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,282 times in 1,435 posts

I recently saw Point Break for the first time, a 90's movie I think, with Keanu Reeves & Patrick Swayze. Well made movie, character struggles, spiritual awakenings a worthwhile film IMO

The new Batman movie surprised me big time. Gotta say it was nearly 3 hours and I was not bored once. It keeps you intrigued and in suspense. The main bad guy makes sense too. The scene that leads up to the Batmobile scene is epic, along with the chase scene itself. I would even say masterful how they tied those 2 scenes together.
    "Without the human request, nothing will happen."

"This must never be forgotten, that the human has the power to prevail."

20. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Tyy1907 For This Post:

Agape (14th April 2022), Ankle Biter (16th April 2022), Catechism (14th April 2022), Harmony (17th April 2022), O Donna (3rd May 2022), xidaijena (15th April 2022)

21. Link to Post #11
    Thanks
    Thanked 25,370 times in 4,614 posts

The Neverending Story (1984) is a fantasy film based on 1979 novel by Michael Ende,
    created in cooperation between West-German and American cinematographers.

It’s a great epic story for children and adults alike with complicated spiritual and sociological message ,
    it nearly extracts a blueprint of countless legends of our ancestors, coiling around the lifeline of the human civilisation, older than the Time and its creatures.

It’s a living legend happening in other dimension of time and space we are also inhabiting and it can be found in a book.

It’s beautiful and deep think sort of movie in either case

🙏
    Last edited by Agape; 14th April 2022 at 09:45.

22. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Agape For This Post:

angelfire (14th April 2022), Ankle Biter (16th April 2022), Harmony (17th April 2022), Kryztian (15th April 2022), Mark (3rd May 2022), O Donna (3rd May 2022), pounamuknight (4th June 2022), xidaijena (15th April 2022)

23. Link to Post #12
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Open Minded Dude (here)
    "Nosso Lar" = "Our Home" - although imv not really, just a 'Way Station' for souls before moving out of 'this' Earth incarnation cycle, anyway, a good movie

What a nice film! It reminds me of the Thousand Year World. I am always full of curiosity about Life after Life. Thanks for sharing.

24. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to xidaijena For This Post:

Harmony (17th April 2022), Kryztian (20th April 2022)

25. Link to Post #13
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Catechism (here)
    Forest Gump a journey we are all on
    Yes, it is a nice film. And here is the wikipedia:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Forrest_Gump

¤=[Post Update]=¤

Quote Posted by Tyy1907 (here)
    I recently saw Point Break for the first time, a 90's movie I think, with Keanu Reeves & Patrick Swayze. Well made movie, character struggles, spiritual awakenings a worthwhile film IMO

The new Batman movie surprised me big time. Gotta say it was nearly 3 hours and I was not bored once. It keeps you intrigued and in suspense. The main bad guy makes sense too. The scene that leads up to the Batmobile scene is epic, along with the chase scene itself. I would even say masterful how they tied those 2 scenes together.
    It seems not bad. I didn't watch it but search it on wiki:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Point_Break

Thanks for sharing!

26. The Following User Says Thank You to xidaijena For This Post:

Harmony (17th April 2022)

27. Link to Post #14
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Agape (here)
    The Neverending Story (1984) is a fantasy film based on 1979 novel by Michael Ende,
    created in cooperation between West-German and American cinematographers.

It’s a great epic story for children and adults alike with complicated spiritual and sociological message ,
    it nearly extracts a blueprint of countless legends of our ancestors, coiling around the lifeline of the human civilisation, older than the Time and its creatures.

It’s a living legend happening in other dimension of time and space we are also inhabiting and it can be found in a book.

It’s beautiful and deep think sort of movie in either case

🙏
    Soo amazing! It is full of imagination! Thank you for sharing this nice film, dear Agape. I will post a thread on our Chinese inner website to share all your posts about spiritual films. Thank you so much and hugs.

28. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to xidaijena For This Post:

Agape (16th April 2022), Harmony (17th April 2022)

29. Link to Post #15
    Language
    English
    Thanks

The fourth Film: The Laws of The Sun

The creator of below films:

大川隆法

https://ja.wikipedia.org/wiki/%E5%A4...9A%86%E6%B3%95

《太阳之法 The Laws of The Sun》| 全英文版 | 心灵觉醒动画 Spiritual Awakening Animation

This video let me know the Greatest Cretaor are one. All religions are from the same source.

《永远之法 The Laws of Eternity》| 全英文版 | 心灵觉醒动画 Spiritual Awakening Animation

This video let me know there are heavens in the universe. Just like Guide Xuefeng's sharing, Guide Xuefeng has the same experience as the boy in the film. He was given the right to see the life of the Thousand-year World, the Ten Thousand Year World and Elysium World.

佛陀再誕 Reborn Buddha

Guide Xuefeng is also a reborn Buddha.

30. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to xidaijena For This Post:

Agape (16th April 2022), Harmony (17th April 2022), pounamuknight (4th June 2022)

31. Link to Post #16
    Australia Avalon Member Ankle Biter's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,662 times in 368 posts

Quote Posted by xidaijena (here)
    Dear all,

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The first TV play: The Legend of White Snake

Legend of the White Snake wiki sharing

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Legend_of_the_White_Snake

Videos sharing:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wExj...9krZCE7ME2OqxY

The reason that I like:

It is like a fairy tale. I like Bai Suzhen so much. She is very kind and elegant. From this TV play, I learned the Karma and the way of self refining and cultivation.

”After a hundred years of cultivation, we can cross the boat together, and after a thousand years of cultivation, we can sleep together“

After one thousand years, the snake wants to repay the debt to her savior Xu Xian, and then become a human being to marry him and bear a son.

Love is amazing. It can transcend time and space.
    Karma is soo cool. It decides our past and future.
    From this TV play, it helps me to better understand Buddism.

I spent some time living in China and Legend of the White Snake was one of 2 shows that I'd watch.

This was the other one being Jouney to the West 西游记

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K3KN...A7%86%E5%89%A7

I think though, most people's introduction to this Buddhism pilgrimage story was the Japanese version that aired probably around the same decade. 'Monkey Magic'.

One of the aesthetic aspects I liked was the depiction of characters that were struggling with past experiences and trauma as demonic looking. Equally enjoyable was the effect of the redemption arc which saw characters return to a more stable calmer human form, often by way of powerful virtuous understandings based in love, forgiveness and compassion.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

From Wesertn cinema the film 'Cloud Atlas' deserves mention for being daring to connect timelines with recurring themes and interconnected relationships of the characters... across those timelines! At least I don't know of any other film that tried this or just can't think of it off the top of my head.

To the mind that is still, the whole universe surrenders. -Lao Tzu

I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer.

32. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Ankle Biter For This Post:

gini (16th April 2022), Harmony (17th April 2022), Johnnycomelately (16th April 2022), Mark (3rd May 2022), O Donna (3rd May 2022), pounamuknight (4th June 2022), xidaijena (16th April 2022)

33. Link to Post #17
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Ankle Biter (here)

I spent some time living in China and Legend of the White Snake was one of 2 shows that I'd watch.

This was the other one being Jouney to the West 西游记

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K3KN...A7%86%E5%89%A7

I think though, most people's introduction to this Buddhism pilgrimage story was the Japanese version that aired probably around the same decade. 'Monkey Magic'.

One of the aesthetic aspects I liked was the depiction of characters that were struggling with past experiences and trauma as demonic looking. Equally enjoyable was the effect of the redemption arc which saw characters return to a more stable calmer human form, often by way of powerful virtuous understandings based in love, forgiveness and compassion.
    Oh yes, Jouney to the West is famous in China. And the writer Wu Cheng'en(https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wu_Cheng%27en) lived in my hometown - Huai'an. My hometown is famous for Premier Zhou and Wu Cheng'en.

We also have a theme park of Jouney to the West. My avatar is the right place of the theme park.

Glad to know you lived in China before.

34. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to xidaijena For This Post:

Ankle Biter (17th April 2022), Harmony (17th April 2022), pounamuknight (4th June 2022)

35. Link to Post #18
    Language
    English
    Thanks

The fifth film: My Date With a Vampire

My Date with a Vampire wiki

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/My_Date_with_a_Vampire

I still remember that the time when I heard this name of TV play was in my senior school. I was scared to watch it when hearing its name and thought it may be very horrible. But when I watched it from the beginning, I can't help to watch all the three sections. I watch it for about five times. It is sooo nice and teaches me a lot about the family Love, romantic love and friendship. LOVE IS AWESOME!

36. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to xidaijena For This Post:

Harmony (17th April 2022), pounamuknight (4th June 2022)

37. Link to Post #19
    Language
    English
    Thanks

The sixth film: The Condor Heroes

The famous writer—Jin Yong wiki

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jin_Yong

The Legend of the Condor Heroes wiki

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Le...h_translations

"问世间情为何物,直教人生死相许“

What is true love on the earth? That means lovers vow to stick together in live and death.

I like the TV play soo much.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Guide Xuefeng likes Jin Yong too, and he also wrote an article for him:

”武侠泰斗 造境奇葩——致金庸
    雪峰

博士、骑士、教授、主席您好!

神雕侠侣鸳鸯刀
    射雕英雄碧血剑
    倚天屠龙鹿鼎记
    天龙八部侠客行
    笑傲江湖越女剑
    飞狐外传连城诀
    书剑恩仇白马啸
    西风吹到飞狐外

越女剑 易筋经
    达摩面壁创禅宗
    一指禅 吴越剑
    玉女心经九阴功
    乾坤挪移蛤蟆功
    葵花宝典弹指通
    九阳神功太极拳
    独孤九剑华山论

西施范蠡慕容博
    丐帮萧峰扫地僧
    霍山虚竹萧远山
    段誉阿朱鸠摩智
    黄裳重阳柯镇恶
    独孤求败周伯通
    洪七公 欧阳锋
    黄药师后曲灵风
    金轮法王裘千仞
    郭靖黄蓉张三丰
    杨过郭襄小龙女
    金毛狮王找成昆
    张翠山 殷素素
    白眉鹰王殷天正
    芷若小昭张无忌
    东方不败任盈盈
    令狐冲 任我行
    金蛇郎君曹化淳
    康熙鳌拜陆菲青
    韦小宝续苗人凤

山重水复境连景
    千般法门具一身
    琴棋书画诗词赋
    天文阴阳奇门遁
    哲学政治儒道佛
    史学文学亲情性
    大千世界竞纷呈
    武侠泰斗属金庸
    人间奇葩任纵横
    悬崖峭壁一仙峰
    升华侠义入仙境
    千古传颂不倒翁

生命禅院雪峰颂
    2010/12/21“

(Sorry that I only have Chinese version, and it is difficult for me to translate it into English.)
    Last edited by xidaijena; 16th April 2022 at 16:29.

38. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to xidaijena For This Post:

Harmony (17th April 2022), Mark (3rd May 2022), pounamuknight (4th June 2022), Simon Sparx (16th April 2022)

39. Link to Post #20
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,056 times in 1,753 posts

A classic religious/spiritual film from 1943 'The Song of Bernadette' tells us the true story of a poor French girl who apparently witnessed a meeting with a spiritual female being, later thought to be the Virgin Mary and led to Lourdes famous healing spring emerging from the rock grotto she experienced these meetings in.

Leonard Cohen wrote a song, based on this film, also called 'Bernadette'-sang by Jennifer Warnes:
    I first saw this movie in my childhood, it made a strong impression on me - I cannot vouch for the veracity, or effectiveness of Lourdes water, but it seems 10's of thousands of people have been cured of their afflictions when visiting this grotto where the spring still flows to this day.

40. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Mike Gorman For This Post:

Ankle Biter (17th April 2022), Harmony (17th April 2022), O Donna (3rd May 2022), pounamuknight (4th June 2022), Tyy1907 (24th April 2022), wondering (17th April 2022), xidaijena (17th April 2022)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 6 LastLast