+ Reply to Thread

Thread: God is a concept by which we measure our pain ?

1. Link to Post #1
    Language
    Fluent in bollox
    Thanks

Default God is a concept by which we measure our pain ?

I would equivocate and state humour is a construct, favourable from the Creator , so the concept is love
    look what the cabal can't abide , humour and sarcasm,
    Last edited by Catechism; 14th April 2022 at 00:37. Reason: i know no better

2. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Catechism For This Post:

ExomatrixTV (14th April 2022), haroldsails (14th April 2022), Ioneo (14th April 2022), Ivanhoe (15th April 2022), Joseph McAree (14th April 2022), Spiral (14th April 2022), Sue (Ayt) (14th April 2022), Wind (15th April 2022)

3. Link to Post #2
    Netherlands Avalon Member ExomatrixTV's Avatar
    Language
    English, Dutch, German, Limburgs
    Thanks
    Thanked 125,714 times in 20,824 posts

Lightbulb Re: God is a concept by which we measure our pain ?

• The concept of a Prime Creator is WAY to big for any man-made and/or alien made religion (collectivistic thought control) as there is NO monopoly on genuine spirituality ... often hijacked by the control-freaks posing as "saviors".
    Our connection to Source "of all that is, not what we 'think' (assume) it is" and how we are actually the ones that stand in the way connecting to Source in a profound (constructive) way ... 1000s of excuses already in place before we get to any of the straightforward answers.

Few exceptions not included of course ...

To me it is the Prime Creator that has no name we can use to do fully justice for what it really is! ... It is beyond any "belief" & "belief-systems" ... beyond any label we want to use to please our comprehension.

In other words whatever we say is most likely doomed to failure as we are way too limited to describe the un-describable ... And yet by allowing to say "we can/do not know" we might have glimpses of it anyway!

So am not pessimistic.

cheers,
    John 🦜🦋🌳
    Last edited by ExomatrixTV; 13th April 2022 at 23:44.
    No need to follow anyone, only consider broadening (y)our horizon of possibilities ...

4. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to ExomatrixTV For This Post:

Bubu (14th April 2022), Catechism (14th April 2022), haroldsails (14th April 2022), Ioneo (14th April 2022), Joseph McAree (14th April 2022), Spiral (14th April 2022), Wind (15th April 2022)

5. Link to Post #3
    Language
    Fluent in bollox
    Thanks

Default Re: God is a concept by which we measure our pain ?

I am joined with your non pessimism , hope springs eternal , we are infinite knowledge in a space suit
    Last edited by Catechism; 14th April 2022 at 00:23.

6. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Catechism For This Post:

ExomatrixTV (14th April 2022), haroldsails (14th April 2022), Ioneo (14th April 2022), Spiral (14th April 2022), Sue (Ayt) (14th April 2022), Wind (15th April 2022)

7. Link to Post #4
    Great Britain Avalon Member Mari's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,303 times in 674 posts

Quote Posted by ExomatrixTV (here)
    • The concept of a Prime Creator is WAY to big for any man-made and/or alien made religion (collectivistic thought control) as there is NO monopoly on genuine spirituality ... often hijacked by the control-freaks posing as "saviors".
    Our connection to Source "of all that is, not what we 'think' (assume) it is" and how we are actually the ones that stand in the way connecting to Source in a profound (constructive) way ... 1000s of excuses already in place before we get to any of the straightforward answers.

To me it is the Prime Creator that has no name we can use to do fully justice for what it really is! ... It is beyond any "belief" & "belief-systems" ... beyond any label we want to use to please our comprehension.

In other words whatever we say is most likely doomed to failure as we are way too limited to describe the un-describable ... And yet by allowing to say "we can/do not know" we might have glimpses of it anyway!

So am not pessimistic.

cheers,
    John 🦜🦋🌳
    I'm very comfortable with the fact that I know 'nothing', really. Have read dozens and dozens of 'spiritual' books, seen talks, etc, but in the end I still don't really 'know' anything. I used to anguish about this, but these days I simply can't be bothered to work it all out. I'm cool with it.
    That being said, I think my mind is therefore free of damaging egoic beliefs that only serve to create guilt that I'm 'wanting' in some way...and that leaves room for silence and awareness to come in.

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Mari For This Post:

Catechism (14th April 2022), ExomatrixTV (14th April 2022), Spiral (14th April 2022), Wind (15th April 2022)

9. Link to Post #5
    Netherlands Avalon Member ExomatrixTV's Avatar
    Language
    English, Dutch, German, Limburgs
    Thanks
    Thanked 125,714 times in 20,824 posts

Quote Posted by Mari (here)
    Quote Posted by ExomatrixTV (here)

So am not pessimistic.

cheers,
    John 🦜🦋🌳
    I'm very comfortable with the fact that I know 'nothing', really. Have read dozens and dozens of 'spiritual' books, seen talks, etc, but in the end I still don't really 'know' anything. I used to anguish about this, but these days I simply can't be bothered to work it all out. I'm cool with it.
    That being said, I think my mind is therefore free of damaging egoic beliefs that only serve to create guilt that I'm 'wanting' in some way...and that leaves room for silence and awareness to come in.

exactly
    No need to follow anyone, only consider broadening (y)our horizon of possibilities ...

10. The Following User Says Thank You to ExomatrixTV For This Post:

Mari (16th April 2022)

11. Link to Post #6
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,284 times in 639 posts

Good bless you, whatever devil name you have behind Catechism

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Rawhide68 For This Post:

Catechism (14th April 2022), Spiral (14th April 2022)

13. Link to Post #7
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,648 times in 1,409 posts

I think there is definitely a relationship between pain & God, for some of us it drives towards God, not for a relief or a way out, but as the driver, the reminder of our mortal condition & our separateness from Him.

I don't think God is concept, that would be an arrogance beyond words, our minds are too small for such hubris.

Tonight is the night where pain is at the heart of the yearly rituals, the Garden of Gethsemane. Yes God knows pain as much as any.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Spiral For This Post:

Catechism (14th April 2022)

15. Link to Post #8
    Language
    Fluent in bollox
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Rawhide68 (here)
    Good bless you, whatever devil name you have behind Catechism
    Yes, Catechism doesn't sound that endearing unless you look it up and has many meanings I thought it had more gravitas than Eric :-)
    Last edited by Catechism; 14th April 2022 at 20:14.

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Catechism For This Post:

Ioneo (14th April 2022), Spiral (14th April 2022)

+ Reply to Thread