1. Link to Post #1
    United States Avalon Member fer's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Exclamation The Stock Market.

Happy Tuesday Fellow Avalonians!

Please remove this thread if not okay.

With everything going on-food shortages, lockdowns again, fertilizer shortages, supply chain crisis, housing being bought at higher prices to screw over the future generations and more problems that I'm sure y'all are aware of, what do y'all think the future holds for the stock market?

Is it appropriate to invest in it right now during all of this? Is it best to sell all your positions and buy as many physical assets, food and whatnot instead?

What do you guys think? Only posting this because I've noticed that no one has really talked about the stock market that I'm aware of and I have positions and I don't really know what to do during these times and just sparking a thread to hear what other Avalonians have to say!

2. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to fer For This Post:

aoibhghaire (19th April 2022), Ioneo (19th April 2022), Johnnycomelately (19th April 2022), justntime2learn (19th April 2022), Mike (19th April 2022), mizo (19th April 2022), Nasu (20th April 2022), O Donna (11th June 2022), onevoice (20th April 2022), Spiral (19th April 2022), TomKat (20th April 2022), wondering (19th April 2022), ZenBaller (19th April 2022)

3. Link to Post #2
    Greece Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,019 times in 284 posts

Default Re: The Stock Market.

We live in a historically unique, deeply cleansing and transformative period for the planet, so it's really impossible to make any solid conclusions about mundane issues like the economy. That said, for the sake of the discussion, the narrative right now is that the world is being manipulated towards a global impoverishment.

We're still in the first stages. The first clear signs are the huge increase of inflation and everything that you mentioned. I believe we're heading into a worldwide economic crash.

A silver lining in all this is cryptocurrency because of its decentralized nature. It's not a saviour. It's just a tool that in the right hands can become the great escape from the millenia of dictatorship of the banking system. In the wrong hands, it can very well lead to a digital fascism. I'm optimistic, even though my guess is that both timelines will be developed in parallel and as always the choices will depend on each person and their state of consciousness.

4. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to ZenBaller For This Post:

aoibhghaire (19th April 2022), ExomatrixTV (19th April 2022), fer (19th April 2022), Johnnycomelately (19th April 2022), justntime2learn (19th April 2022), Mike (19th April 2022), mizo (19th April 2022), Mypos (22nd April 2022), O Donna (11th June 2022), onevoice (20th April 2022), Simon Sparx (20th April 2022), Sunny (19th April 2022), wondering (19th April 2022), yelik (20th April 2022)

5. Link to Post #3
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,651 times in 1,409 posts

The stock market is not somewhere an outsider can thrive, and if things go belly up which it looks like they will it will inevitably crash. IMO some of the major fiat currencies will also go down, like the euro & the dollar.

Crypto will probably fair better, but like all things you need to know what you are doing.

The best mentality is one that is ready to adapt & survive, with some knowledge of how to do that in various circumstances. Of course having some preparedness can't harm, like buy in what extra food you can afford that is long life, ie rice, tinned goods etc, there are plenty of prepper blogs & so on for advice, you don't need to go mental with it though, just a balanced manageable approach.

Being aware of what is going on is a good way of being prepared, because ultimately it's your heart, mind & soul you have to look to prepare & guard.

6. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Spiral For This Post:

aoibhghaire (19th April 2022), fer (19th April 2022), Johnnycomelately (19th April 2022), justntime2learn (19th April 2022), Mike (19th April 2022), mizo (19th April 2022), O Donna (11th June 2022), onevoice (20th April 2022)

7. Link to Post #4
    United States Avalon Member Simon Sparx's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks

It kind of depends on what you want to do, where you want to go. If you already invested in the Stock market diversify if you can. Lithium seems to be a good bet, since everything is going electric.

I'm a simply person I've invested in precious metals like Gold, Silver, Brass, Lead, primers,
    "We shall require a substantially new manner of thinking if mankind is to survive." ~ Albert Einstein

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Simon Sparx For This Post:

Johnnycomelately (20th April 2022), Nasu (20th April 2022), O Donna (11th June 2022)

9. Link to Post #5
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,330 times in 2,365 posts

Quote Posted by fer (here)
    Happy Tuesday Fellow Avalonians!

Please remove this thread if not okay.

With everything going on-food shortages, lockdowns again, fertilizer shortages, supply chain crisis, housing being bought at higher prices to screw over the future generations and more problems that I'm sure y'all are aware of, what do y'all think the future holds for the stock market?

Is it appropriate to invest in it right now during all of this? Is it best to sell all your positions and buy as many physical assets, food and whatnot instead?

What do you guys think? Only posting this because I've noticed that no one has really talked about the stock market that I'm aware of and I have positions and I don't really know what to do during these times and just sparking a thread to hear what other Avalonians have to say!

It looks like a good time to either get out of stocks or to buy a bear ETF that goes up as the market goes down. Don't forget the saying "sell in May and go away" (for the summer)

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to TomKat For This Post:

Johnnycomelately (20th April 2022), justntime2learn (20th April 2022), O Donna (11th June 2022)

11. Link to Post #6
    Great Britain Avalon Member
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,648 times in 1,188 posts

If and when a crash comes it does provide unique opportunities. Predicting and waiting for a stock market crash is a mugs game and will happen sudden and quick and will likely follow typical price actions, big downs with a small bounce as people think its a buy, then down again rapidly. Picking the bottom is another mugs game, wait for the chart to show you its starting to trend up from the lows.

If we get a deep recession and market crash then buying property at the bottom of the cycle when everyone is selling is worth considering and only comes along once in a while.

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to yelik For This Post:

Johnnycomelately (20th April 2022), O Donna (11th June 2022), TomKat (23rd April 2022)

13. Link to Post #7
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,503 times in 420 posts

Hard assets are one of my top priorities since I am no market expert. Assets that dont depreciate quickly. Metals, Land, house/condo, storable food, etc. Small goods like toothbrushes, soap, on and on would be quite valuable during austerity times, if they dont get you looted or killed

As for the stock market, I think we need to research the winners of the market during 2008, 1929, and war times. There must be some fairly safe bets that thrive during those times. I suppose war times would be war stocks. I'd love to hear some highly experienced person talk about this. What did the powerful insiders do at those times. I suppose some of the strategy is pulling out of the market beforehand and reinvesting once the market is way down. Were there any stocks that actually increased in 1929 and never crashed? OR at least only went down slightly and bounced back big. Hopefully someone can chime in with some insight in this regard.

Crypto also seems like the interesting wild card. So, I think its probably good to put some into that. Seems like a hedge against massive fear as the $$$ or other major currencies are tanking. Corrupt gov't regulation is the annoying aspect to cryptos. I see them trying to use regulation to attack cryptos , creating fear and having the MSM yap nonstop about its instability. lol Pretend its some other reason.

If we go into a worldwide recession/depression, I expect more creativity and will coming from the people to innovate. No other crucial time has had this many people aware of what is going on and the need for the people to fuel the change. Only the 2008 crash did we have the internet, but not as developed as today. If the gov't is useless, and the people create a new innovation to help prosperity, then I hope it is hard for an impotent gov't to stop the will of the people. We should not tolerate them thwarting our solutions.

The likes of Elon Musk would also be interesting during desperate times. Id really like to know if he is protected by ET's or whatever. Apparently, Jordan Maxwell was protected by ET's for his work. Unless Elon is actually part of the cabal in disguise, seems he is far more important than Jordan. Elon thrives off of stepping in to fix problems , if only for more popularity, admiration and power. Im fine with that, as long as he doesnt one day turn into Emperor Palpatine

For me, I continue to save and toss a bit of money into everything. lol I guess you are young, so many young people may not be able to afford investing in a bit of everything....

It is a tough call. Thanks for the thread, I need help with the investment strategy as well

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Merkaba360 For This Post:

O Donna (11th June 2022), TomKat (23rd April 2022)

15. Link to Post #8
    United States Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,752 times in 1,678 posts

The DOW drops 880 as inflation hits a forty year high.
    cnn
    Quote New York (CNN Business)It's been yet another week of losses for US markets after steep drops on Friday.

The Dow (INDU) plunged after a key inflation report missed estimates and showed a higher-than-anticipated increase in the price of consumer goods, closing down 880 points for the day, or 2.5%. The S&P 500 shed 2.7% and the Nasdaq dropped about 3%.
    The May consumer price index rose 8.6% year-over-year, its highest level since 1981. Economists had forecast an 8.3% increase. The core index, which excludes food and energy prices, rose by 6%, slightly higher than estimates of 5.9%.
    Those numbers sent investors reeling. Already worried about a possible economic downturn, they now fear that the Federal Reserve will recognize inflation as entrenched in the economy and increase interest rates further.
    dailymail
    Quote Wall Street veered sharply into the red on Friday following hot inflation reading
    Consumer prices jumped 8.6% in May from a year ago, a 41-year high
    It showed that inflation hasn't yet peaked and fanned fears of Fed response
    Fed has begun raising interest rates to try to quell soaring inflation
    But faster rate hikes will tamp down growth, and spell bad news for stocks

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Inversion For This Post:

O Donna (11th June 2022)

17. Link to Post #9
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,159 times in 1,663 posts

Quote Posted by Merkaba360 (here)
    Crypto also seems like the interesting wild card.
    Most certainly a wild card

I still Maintain that the elevation of crypto in financial circles is a bit self-serving in that its relevancy depends on how many and by how much people believe in it.

Valuation rise proportional to new blood.

Not independent of all the rest of the valuation animals roaming the planet.

Not a valuation savior.

In a parallel universe where crypto is the go to shelter for wealth, I bet some group is laying claim to the next big thing there too. If civilization doesn't completely fail, the process repeats indefinitely.

Crypto has its place in history though crypto fandom, especially in digital-centric circles (ironic?), professes of its current and future power as if it can do no wrong.

Crypto, Portfolio Kryptonite?
    Knock Knock

18. The Following User Says Thank You to O Donna For This Post:

Inversion (11th June 2022)

19. Link to Post #10
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,784 times in 2,557 posts

'Over 1,600 of the Brightest Scientific Minds Signed Letter Calling Crypto and Blockchain a Sham'

Solari Report Money & Markets: July 21, 2022 with Catherine Austin Fitts & John Titus.

https://rumble.com/v1d95s9-over-1600...MQxFzRPm-ZIBgY

20. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Eva2 For This Post:

Alecs (24th July 2022), Inversion (23rd July 2022), Sue (Ayt) (23rd July 2022), Yoda (23rd July 2022)

+ Reply to Thread