+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 3 LastLast

Thread: Can Highly Sensitive Persons deal or cope with Passive Aggressiveness?

1. Link to Post #1
    Netherlands Avalon Member ExomatrixTV's Avatar
    Language
    English, Dutch, German, Limburgs
    Thanks
    Thanked 125,636 times in 20,812 posts

Lightbulb Can Highly Sensitive Persons (HSP) deal or cope with Passive Aggressiveness?

• Can HSP deal or cope with Passive Aggressiveness?
    Quote Posted by Matthew (here)
    Quote Posted by ExomatrixTV (here)
    Quote Posted by TomKat (here)
    Quote Posted by waxamillionpehhgasus (here)
    What do you think? Am I an annoying vegan, or is my argument actually fairly sound once you give it some thought?
    More than annoying, very passive agressive.
    Sarcasm at its best

Almost ... e v e r t h i n g ... can be interpreted/perceived as a "micro aggression" the moment you get annoyed about anything and let it be known to snowflakes lol
    I'm with TomKat, it was passive aggressive, and so is your statement ExomatirixTV
    • My Unfiltered Perspectives ... Trigger Alert! :
    I assume that most HSP (Highly Sensitive Persons) cope/deal/handle "passive aggressiveness" differently than I do ...
    • How you let it "impact" you or not depends heavily how you LET it "impact" you ... it takes two to tango.
    Am immune to (insecure) people who use tactical manipulative mind games what some call "passive aggressiveness" ... There are many ways to deal with that kind of "subtle" behavior ... I use the simple practical wisdom/insight that if someone does not know how to be frank & brutally honest and depends heavily on "indirect messages" I will not "play along" nor participate in "how to interpreted" subtle hints whatsoever ... Then I will often be accused of being "rude" but to me that is a given (them kicking an open door) ... because I really do not play those mind games I have much more energy/stamina left to focus more what is really important in life

Not being a victim of ANY "passive aggressiveness" tactics means it does not affect me one way or the other ... thus from my perspective it does not even register as "aggressive" to me >>> much more like watching some one being totally incompetent to be more outspoken & frank ... which is sad. Even if it was intended as "aggressive" I still see it as sad.
    • Only thing I do notice that those who use "passive aggressiveness" tactics will feel annoyed & frustrated when dealing with me and I really don't care about that. If I did, they "have me" to manipulate me in a certain direction.

When that person finally decide to be 100% direct, unapologetic and completely honest towards me (which may be foreign to them to do) ... The next phase of the mind game may arise: using way too many exaggerations in their assumptions ... interpreting things differently because they are already so triggered causing to lose sight on what is really going on ...

This can happen to me too, I too can lose sight of how things really are >>> but only if I am somehow "triggered" ... so am fully aware of these psychological mechanisms.
    • Sometimes the assumption of something being "Passive Aggressiveness" is the trigger to cause it be exactly that ... There are plenty examples that oversensitive or insecure people project their own incompetence on others to feel better. Playing the victim-card is seen as "the solution" how to deal with it ... because it give than a certain status.
    The best way, in my view, to deal with all the above is being hilarious about it and laugh about yourself ... see videos below what I mean by that.

Question: If you do not know how to live in self-honesty and not being completely honest towards yourself you most likely end up attracting someone doing the same into your live! ... Thus you become mirrors in that type of relationship.

If you are brutally honest towards yourself and allow it be known is often assumed that "nobody likes you" ... Indeed less people find you "okay" to be with ... the few that do are often blunt themselves as they dig why you are like that ... and love you for it.
    • In what relationship-scenario do you think you learn the most about yourself?

cheers,
    John Kuhles aka 'ExomatrixTV'
    April 22th, 2022 🦜🦋🌳

• disclaimer: when I say "you" I do not mean anyone in this Forum .. but more in general that it can happen to everybody (including me!).
    Last edited by ExomatrixTV; 25th April 2022 at 14:34.
    No need to follow anyone, only consider broadening (y)our horizon of possibilities ...

2. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to ExomatrixTV For This Post:

Apulu (10th May 2022), Dumpster Diver (23rd April 2022), Eric J (Viking) (22nd April 2022), gini (22nd April 2022), Inversion (22nd April 2022), Ioneo (22nd April 2022), Johan (Keyholder) (22nd April 2022), Michi (22nd April 2022), O Donna (22nd April 2022), Spiral (22nd April 2022), Vicus (23rd April 2022), yelik (22nd April 2022)

3. Link to Post #2
    Language
    Thanks

Default Re: Can Highly Sensitive Persons deal or cope with Passive Aggressiveness?

• 100% related Satire:

¤=[Post Update]=¤

• Spiritual People Then vs Now:

No need to follow anyone, only consider broadening (y)our horizon of possibilities ...

4. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to ExomatrixTV For This Post:

Dumpster Diver (23rd April 2022), gini (22nd April 2022), Mike Gorman (23rd April 2022), onawah (22nd April 2022), Vicus (9th May 2022)

5. Link to Post #3
    Language
    Fluent in bollox
    Thanks

Default Re: Can Highly Sensitive Persons deal or cope with Passive Aggressiveness?

How do you know if someone is Vegan?
    They don't stop telling you

6. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Catechism For This Post:

Dumpster Diver (23rd April 2022), ExomatrixTV (22nd April 2022), gini (22nd April 2022), Ioneo (22nd April 2022), Orph (22nd April 2022), Spiral (22nd April 2022), Vicus (23rd April 2022), yelik (22nd April 2022)

7. Link to Post #4
    Thanks
    Thanked 29,413 times in 3,425 posts

Quote Posted by Catechism (here)
    That is an unfair and ridiculous stereotype. Most of the vegans I know are pretty low key about their dietary choices.

But you might want to take your thoughts on this to this thread
    Non-Vegans = People With No Empathy?

They are not HSP over there and are ready for whatever you throw at them.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kryztian For This Post:

gini (22nd April 2022), Michel Leclerc (22nd April 2022)

9. Link to Post #5
    Language
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Kryztian (here)
    That is an unfair and ridiculous stereotype. Most of the vegans I know are pretty low key about their dietary choices.

To me he was obvious being hilarious ... most know that it is stereo-typing ... and those who assumes it is "fact" is not (y)our responsibility to worry about them ...
    • Catechism joining date Project Avalon Forum: "April 1st, 2022" <<< that "explains" everything
    • He will be our practical joker to stir someone up by default.
    cheers,
    John 🦜🦋🌳
    Last edited by ExomatrixTV; 22nd April 2022 at 19:26.

10. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to ExomatrixTV For This Post:

Catechism (22nd April 2022), gini (22nd April 2022), Ioneo (22nd April 2022), Kryztian (22nd April 2022), Maybee (22nd April 2022), onawah (22nd April 2022), Spiral (22nd April 2022), Vicus (23rd April 2022), yelik (22nd April 2022)

11. Link to Post #6
    Language
    Fluent in bollox
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Kryztian (here)

I haven't got time , I have to attend to the detritus in my navel apart from ruminating about it first, I was only joking apologies for crayoning on this post
    Last edited by Catechism; 22nd April 2022 at 16:08.

12. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Catechism For This Post:

ExomatrixTV (22nd April 2022), gini (22nd April 2022), Kryztian (22nd April 2022), Mike Gorman (23rd April 2022), onawah (22nd April 2022), Orph (22nd April 2022), Spiral (22nd April 2022)

13. Link to Post #7
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 36,187 times in 4,071 posts

Default Re: Can Highly Sensitive Persons (HSP) deal or cope with Passive Aggressiveness?

• Can HSP deal or cope with Passive Aggressiveness?
    Quote Posted by TomKat (here)
    Quote Posted by waxamillionpehhgasus (here)
    What do you think? Am I an annoying vegan, or is my argument actually fairly sound once you give it some thought?
    More than annoying, very passive agressive.
    Sarcasm at its best

Almost ... e v e r t h i n g ... can be interpreted/perceived as a "micro aggression" the moment you get annoyed about anything and let it be known to snowflakes lol
    I'm with TomKat, it was passive aggressive, and so is your statement ExomatirixTV
    • My Unfiltered Perspectives ... Trigger Alert! :
    I assume that most HSP (Highly Sensitive Persons) cope/deal/handle "passive aggressiveness" differently than I do ...
    • How you let it "impact" you or not depends heavily how you LET it "impact" you ... it takes two to tango.
    Am immune to (insecure) people who use tactical manipulative mind games what some call "passive aggressiveness" ... There are many ways to deal with that kind of "subtle" behavior ... I use the simple practical wisdom/insight that if someone does not know how to be frank & brutally honest and depends heavily on "indirect messages" I will not "play along" nor participate in "how to interpreted" subtle hints whatsoever ... Then I will often be accused of being "rude" but to me that is a given (them kicking an open door) ... because I really do not play those mind games I have much more energy/stamina left to focus more what is really important in life

Not being a victim of ANY "passive aggressiveness" tactics means it does not affect me one way or the other ... thus from my perspective it does not even register as "aggressive" >>> much more like watching some one being totally incompetent to be more outspoken & frank ... which is sad.
    • Only thing I do notice that those who use "passive aggressiveness" tactics will feel annoyed & frustrated when dealing with me and I really don't care about that. If I did, they "have me" to manipulate me in a certain direction.

When that person finally decide to be 100% direct, unapologetic and completely honest towards me (which may be foreign to them to do) ... The next phase of the mind game may arise: using way too many exaggerations in their assumptions ... interpreting things differently because they are already so triggered causing to lose sight on what is really going on ...

This can happen to me too, I too can lose sight of how things really are >>> but only if I am some how "triggered" ... so am fully aware of these psychological mechanisms.
    • Sometimes the assumption of something being "Passive Aggressiveness" is the trigger to cause it be exactly that ... There are plenty examples that oversensitive or insecure people project their own incompetence on others to feel better. Playing the victim-card is seen as "the solution" to deal with it ... because it give than a certain status.
    The best way to deal with all the above is being hilarious about it and laugh about yourself ... see videos below what I mean by that.

Question: If you do not know how to live in self-honesty and not being completely honest towards yourself you most likely end up attracting someone doing exactly the same! ... Thus you become mirrors in that type of relationship.

If you are brutally honest towards yourself and allow it be known is often assumed that "nobody likes you" ... Indeed less people find you "okay" to be with ... the few that do are often blunt themselves as they dig why you are like that ... and love you for it.
    • In what relationship-scenario do you think you learn the most about yourself?

cheers,
    John Kuhles aka 'ExomatrixTV'
    April 22th, 2022 🦜🦋🌳
    Look at you starting a thread. You ARE triggered lol

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Matthew For This Post:

onawah (22nd April 2022)

15. Link to Post #8
    Language
    Thanks

Lightbulb Re: Can Highly Sensitive Persons (HSP) deal or cope with Passive Aggressiveness?

Look at you starting a thread. You ARE triggered lol
    I know ... and if you had red my whole post more carefully you would have known I already mentioned/admitted that ... that I too can lose sight what is really going on after being triggered!

cheers,
    John 🦜🦋🌳
    Last edited by ExomatrixTV; 22nd April 2022 at 16:33.

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ExomatrixTV For This Post:

gini (22nd April 2022), Matthew (22nd April 2022), onawah (22nd April 2022)

17. Link to Post #9
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Lol ok you got me, seeing you open a thread with my quote triggered me

18. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Matthew For This Post:

ExomatrixTV (22nd April 2022), gini (22nd April 2022), Kryztian (22nd April 2022), onawah (22nd April 2022)

19. Link to Post #10
    Language
    Thanks

Lightbulb Re: Can Highly Sensitive Persons deal or cope with Passive Aggressiveness?

Lol ok you got me, seeing you open a thread with my quote triggered me

¤=[Post Update]=¤

• Assertiveness - What are Passive, Aggressive & Assertive Behavior?

Assertiveness at work is important, but do you know what passive, aggressive, assertive all mean? What are the behaviors that are characteristic of each of them, what do they signify, and why should you aim for assertive behavior? Let's look at Passive, Aggressive, Passive-Aggressive, and Assertive behavior, because understanding them all is an essential business and professional skill.

20. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to ExomatrixTV For This Post:

Catechism (22nd April 2022), Matthew (22nd April 2022), Michi (22nd April 2022), onawah (22nd April 2022), Vicus (23rd April 2022)

21. Link to Post #11
    Language
    Fluent in bollox
    Thanks

"Catechism joining date Project Avalon Forum: "April 1st, 2022" <<< that "explains" everything "
    Oi ! I resemble that remark
    Last edited by Catechism; 22nd April 2022 at 17:19.

22. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Catechism For This Post:

ExomatrixTV (22nd April 2022), gini (22nd April 2022), Matthew (22nd April 2022), onawah (22nd April 2022), Spiral (22nd April 2022)

23. Link to Post #12
    Language
    Thanks

Lightbulb Re: Can Highly Sensitive Persons deal or cope with Passive Aggressiveness?

• Sometimes making the wrong interpretation (having false assumptions) that triggered an (over the top) emotional responses, is treated as if it is deemed "more important" (by the triggered person) than what actually happened or what really is going on ...
    • Could that be one of the Narcissistic (self-obsessed) traits/characteristics being overlooked?
    cheers,
    John 🦜🦋🌳
    Last edited by ExomatrixTV; 24th March 2023 at 03:56.

24. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ExomatrixTV For This Post:

gini (22nd April 2022), onawah (22nd April 2022), Vicus (23rd April 2022)

25. Link to Post #13
    Language
    Mancunian
    Thanks

I do not like the word Vegan.. it is alien-like.. sounds off. who coined it?

26. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to snoman For This Post:

Catechism (22nd April 2022), Mike Gorman (23rd April 2022), onawah (22nd April 2022)

27. Link to Post #14
    Language
    Thanks

Question Re: Can Highly Sensitive Persons deal or cope with Passive Aggressiveness?

For me passive aggression done by anyone was never ever an issue for me, due to the fact I always go (if possible) directly to the core of the issue and ask prudent, super direct/blunt questions (not assuming "I know it all") and if it is not answered honestly, people only expose themselves ... at the same time they feel often "not understood" not realizing what role they themselves play in WHY people do not follow you or not understand you.
    • The moment someone genuinely WANTS to understand you and describe a list of possibilities what actually is going what actually happened ... they may make you feel "naked" (figuratively) ... feeling exposed that you were not able to be more clear & honest about your grievances.
    Being not understood because people do not care or have judgemental assumptions or are just plain dumb ... can, if it happens a lot, be very traumatic ...

Being not understood because you were not completely honest is a whole different ball game and both situations is problematic ... if you become a victim of anything that you think is unjust but never expressed/shared that problem >>> people will not understand why you behave weird if you decide not to explain yourself well.

If you assume falsely that you have become a "victim" what turns out to be a misinterpretation/false conclusion made by yourself ... your hurt, feelings & emotions "not understood" was based upon you misunderstanding ... << That feeling CAN become a symbol of dozens of past experiences in your life that may be very similar that were real ... Meaning: your anger & rage deep inside may be based on real unjust traumatic experiences of the past mixed with new things happening in life that are actually based upon having false assumptions.

When your unresolved (traumatic) pains of the past gets mixed with current miscommunications you will notice you are most likely not be able to stay calm nor reasonable. And anyone challenging that only fuels your rage!
    • disclaimer: when I say "you" I do not mean anyone in this Forum .. but more in general that it CAN happen to everybody (including me!).
    So how can we solve this dilemma/issue if it occurs?

cheers,
    John 🦜🦋🌳
    Last edited by ExomatrixTV; 23rd April 2022 at 00:05.

28. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ExomatrixTV For This Post:

Apulu (10th May 2022), onawah (22nd April 2022), Spiral (22nd April 2022), Vicus (23rd April 2022)

29. Link to Post #15
    Language
    English
    Thanks

The benefit of triggering people:

- When people are enraged they can't think straight
    - When people are enraged they make their own bad case against themselves for all to see

Doing this passive aggressively means you don't flair up as being unreasonable or an arse yourself, if you keep your composure and they lose theirs.

Passive aggressive triggering is THE trolling technique. It couples well with Socratic Method Trolling, which is either well-aimed, insincere Socratic questions, or a lot of sincere Socratic questions because they're annoying.
    Last edited by Matthew; 22nd April 2022 at 18:22. Reason: your not you're

30. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Matthew For This Post:

Catechism (22nd April 2022), ExomatrixTV (22nd April 2022), gini (22nd April 2022), onawah (22nd April 2022)

31. Link to Post #16
    Language
    Thanks

Quote Posted by snoman (here)
    I do not like the word Vegan.. it is alien-like.. sounds off. who coined it?
    Could it be you do not like how certain people behave when they use the word ... if that is the case, if it is the core issue, do you really think by changing the name/label it would really "change things"? ... or just postpone the inevitable that it never was about the name itself but much more about how it is used by many who are annoyed by that topic.
    • Knowing that many people "do not like certain things" and use all kinds of rhetoric to make it known to all, manifests in almost in all controversial topics/issues.
    Desperate need to (only) be surrounded by people who genuinely appreciate you is in my view, a common theme with Highly Sensitive People (HSP) ... seeking ways to mask reality ... it is really impossible task to make everybody to "like you" ... if you think you failed in that ... some can get anxiety attacks.

If you do not need to be "liked", chances are that you have less fear less anxiety issues less worries less over-analyzing etc. etc. ... <<< all of that making you more relaxed about yourself what more people love to see in another.
    • disclaimer: when I say "you" I do not mean anyone in this Forum .. but more in general that it can happen to everybody (including me!).
    cheers,
    John 🦜🦋🌳
    Last edited by ExomatrixTV; 6th February 2023 at 23:26.

32. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ExomatrixTV For This Post:

Matthew (25th April 2022), onawah (22nd April 2022)

33. Link to Post #17
    Language
    Fluent in bollox
    Thanks

- When people are enraged they make their own bad case against themselves for all to see

Doing this passive aggressively means you don't flair up as being unreasonable or an arse yourself, if you keep your composure and they lose theirs.

Passive aggressive triggering is THE trolling technique. It couples well with Socratic Method Trolling, which is either well-aimed, insincere Socratic questions, or a lot of sincere Socratic questions because they're annoying.
    The Larrikin in Australia was reviled and admired in equal quantity , being serious has its moment but to laugh is eternal

34. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Catechism For This Post:

Apulu (10th May 2022), ExomatrixTV (22nd April 2022), gini (22nd April 2022), Matthew (22nd April 2022), onawah (22nd April 2022)

35. Link to Post #18
    Language
    Thanks

I see myself as an amateur "Truther Counselor" using Spiritual Psychology not claiming I am an "authority" (on anything) nor am I an "expert" ...
    • just sharing my perspectives that some may find useful/helpful & appreciate new insights.
    • but it can also have a opposite effect with certain individuals who assume it is way too much waffling ...
    • so it is certainly not for everybody and I respect that.
    cheers,
    John 🦜🦋🌳
    Last edited by ExomatrixTV; 23rd April 2022 at 00:09.

36. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to ExomatrixTV For This Post:

Catechism (22nd April 2022), gini (22nd April 2022), Matthew (22nd April 2022), onawah (22nd April 2022), Vicus (23rd April 2022)

37. Link to Post #19
    Language
    English
    Thanks

The Larrikin in Australia was reviled and admired in equal quantity , being serious has its moment but to laugh is eternal
    I've noticed it's a tradition of the genuine working classes of England to teach each other through constant wind-ups; I can see how that works. People who are like, 𝗦𝗲𝗿𝗶𝗼𝘂𝘀 𝗕𝘂𝘀𝗶𝗻𝗲𝘀𝘀 are asking for trouble, and the wind-up merchants run rings around.. well, everyone. But like the Australian Larrikin the English wind-up merchant acts in good faith. Reminds me of the concept of Heyoka, and I've often thought of the two sides of mischievousness as Loki vs 'spirit of heyoka'. Spirit of heyoka sounds glorious but really its a bunch of annoying wind-up merchants

38. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Matthew For This Post:

Apulu (10th May 2022), Catechism (22nd April 2022), ExomatrixTV (22nd April 2022), onawah (22nd April 2022)

39. Link to Post #20
    Language
    Thanks

• Political Correctness And The Death Of Australian Culture:

Sky News Australia presents The Death of the Aussie Larrikin, a special report exploring whether or not political correctness has caused the demise of the larrikin spirit in Australian life and culture. Providing humour as well as insights and commentary, the one-hour television event takes a nostalgic look back at the ‘Aussie larrikin’ of the 70s and 80s, then tracks the changing tastes and standards of more recent years. It explores if the spirit of the larrikin has been crushed by political correctness, the growth of social media, and the ‘cancel culture’ which in recent years has seen online outrage shut down comedy and TV shows. As well as exploring whether the politics of language and culture has caused the disappearance of the larrikins of the 70s and 80s, it asks if there was a dark, divisive side to the larrikin ethos. The program features interviews with legendary television presenter and co-host of Studio 10 on Network Ten Kerri-Anne Kennerley, comedians Paul Fenech, Vince Sorrenti and Emma Malik, entertainer, actress Delvene Delaney, ABC Radio presenter James Valentine and cartoonists Johannes Leak and Warren Brown. 'The Death of the Aussie Larrikin' was originally broadcast on Sky News Australia in 2020.
    Last edited by ExomatrixTV; 22nd April 2022 at 19:20.

40. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ExomatrixTV For This Post:

Apulu (10th May 2022), Matthew (23rd April 2022), Mike Gorman (23rd April 2022), onawah (22nd April 2022)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 3 LastLast