+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 3

Thread: Where does one go after death? The Buddhist view from GDD-777, Master Sheng-Yen

1. Link to Post #41
    United States Avalon Member
    Thanks

Default Re: Where does one go after death? The Buddhist view from GDD-777, Master Sheng-Yen

“You and I, Arjuna, have passed through many births. I know them all, even if you do not.” -- Krishna

"Death is a stripping away of all that is not you. The secret of life is to "die before you die" - and find that there is no death." -- Eckhart Tolle

2. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Alanantic For This Post:

Bill Ryan (25th May 2022), Harmony (26th May 2022), Mad Hatter (18th May 2022), palehorse (17th May 2022), shaberon (20th May 2022), Wind (17th May 2022)

3. Link to Post #42
    Language
    Mandarin
    Thanks

Default Re: Where does one go after death? The Buddhist view from GDD-777, Master Sheng-Yen

Quote Posted by Le Chat (here)
    Sorry, no-one - NO-ONE - knows 'where one goes after death'.
    Relax…

You don’t have to be sorry. You did not say anything wrong.

The video offers more insight if you keep an open mind.

I could say ‘no one knows where we are from.’

It is just a game of speech or language. It is smart, but we have to be better than that to understand.

Spirituality is not about a group of people but individual.
    what I want or what I am.

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to lizhekb For This Post:

Bill Ryan (25th May 2022), Harmony (26th May 2022), Mad Hatter (18th May 2022), shaberon (20th May 2022)

5. Link to Post #43
    Language
    Mandarin
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Bill Ryan (here)
    I've shared this story before, but it's definitely worth its place on this thread.

A close friend is highly skilled in this area (she herself is a past life therapist), and she clearly recalled that between this life and her previous one she'd acted as what some might call "a guardian angel" for a Jewish artist who escaped from Nazi Germany and made a long a difficult journey across Europe to end up in Spain.

He encountered many problems, again and again, and each time my friend, in her between-lives "guardian angel" persona, was able to help him continue safely.

She recalled all this without knowing a thing about this person in the "real world". But she recalled enough detail to be able to look him up and discover who this was, and sure enough, he'd written a book about his experience.

In his own personal account, he vividly described how many times, he'd most distinctly felt he was being assisted by "an unseen hand".

The master in the video Sheng Yen also had real life story with a well know USA detective (Henry Lee), the story is very interesting related to reincarnation.
    what I want or what I am.

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to lizhekb For This Post:

Bill Ryan (25th May 2022), Harmony (26th May 2022), Mad Hatter (18th May 2022), shaberon (20th May 2022)

7. Link to Post #44
    United States Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 21,170 times in 3,982 posts

Quote Posted by yelik (here)
    For me, we do not necessarily need to know the full truth because we are likely to go nowhere trying to solve this conumdrum. Anything that helps to keep us on a path of righteousness is generally fine by me.

It is not solvable by deduction. And as with some other things, you could go nowhere with it. For example we say this about all the full cycles of Brahma, e. g. trying to trace all the material modes of emerging and disappearing galaxies and so on.

What shifts my perspective from some of the conversation is that I do not really know anything about reincarnation, or past lives, per se. What I have been able to experience is something that is indistinguishable from death, but then the point is that this is simply a veil on that which is spiritual, which is not subject to birth and death. Language is nearly inadequate to explain such a state of being, and so I think most of what we are describing are verbs about doing this process. I am not talking about the astral plane because it is Formlessness.

The mind craves Realms which is why this is kind of delicate.

Something was said in Christianity--I think it may have been Paul--that I would still roughly agree with:

A man lives but once.

That says nothing as to the "Pre-existence of the soul", or, something other than the man himself that continues living. In that case, Life is Not of This World at all, and does not depend on any form for any reason. Its touch is only very fine like eider down.

This is its own Purpose, which can only be supported by a path of righteousness.

In a manner of speaking, to see what is "above" death, you have to look Death in the Eye, not necessarily of a corpse, but perhaps like that which has been called the Silver Cord.

Now let's say when I first discovered this, I may have been impressionable and could have conceivably been conscripted by Nazis or Antifa or someone, and then who knows what might have happened. Instead, due to the general inadequacy of language to deal with this, that is what I pursued.

I did not march to some moronic fate, but, I wasn't up to anything particularly righteous. And so along with Breath Yoga, the main accelerant I used would be described as Funeral of the Ego by Agni.

I don't know how to explain this other than eventually the results were so powerful that several--five or maybe six--years later I had to crash my lifestyle and literally make a new commitment to just serve in the workforce as some normal person. I had to become significantly more materialized in order to make the processes stop. Just about like putting out a fire.

Out of all those years, I have almost no psychic experience, just a sort of at-will ability to sort of melt through Heaven, Hell, and Purgatory into That. It seems that Death is simply a phase between normal brain consciousness and there.

I try to remain reassuring that this is something that someone can experience for themselves, and when you do, that all the points that could be argued against it will be dismissed as "words". The beliefs are no longer understandable. I cannot understand myself at an earlier age having opinions or ideas because those went like Icarus and the Sun. Or if I tried to explain this to me then, I might not have listened.

At this point, I might say that although Hell is something I, personally, learned to transcend, that does not matter much because we take Hell really, really seriously, and yes, devils and soulless people are everywhere. And actually having my ego and all possible questions obliterated lets my real concern be in that situation. It put me in a Karma such that all I do is go around looking for ways to soften the blows or talk someone out of some garbage that leads you there.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to shaberon For This Post:

Bill Ryan (25th May 2022), Harmony (31st May 2022)

9. Link to Post #45
    Language
    German
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,200 times in 436 posts

Quote Posted by TrumanCash (here)
    So if anyone has some good tips on how to do this, I would appreciate it. )
    For that I could recommend the interviews with Wayne Bush, especially this one:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J1TO21b-0Q4

Btw, your book is also quoted from in the previous show:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=op5GkbxYtDw

Website of Wayne Bush (he compiled A LOT of material):
    http://www.trickedbythelight.com
    "The greatest good you can do for another is not just share your riches, but to reveal to him his own."
    -- Benjamin Disraeli

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Michi For This Post:

Bill Ryan (25th May 2022), Harmony (31st May 2022)

11. Link to Post #46
    On Sabbatical
    Language
    None
    Thanks
    Thanked 27,825 times in 3,335 posts

Quote Posted by Casey Claar (here)
    Quote Posted by Strat (here)
    Quote Posted by Le Chat (here)
    I will try and qualify my earlier statement as to how anyone who is alive, truly know what happens after death.
    There is plenty of anecdotal evidence of people who have claimed to experience 'something' whilst still alive. but they are 'still alive' and not clinically dead.
    Believe what you want to believe, believe what a 'spritual master' tells you - should you so desire - but until you are actually dead, well,
    who knows.....
    I think I agree with your line of thinking.

IMO it's too early to factually claim that anyone knows what happens after death. Ask 10 people and get 10 different answers. Who is right and who is wrong?

I have some beliefs myself but they aren't ironed out and I certainly haven't written in stone what happens after death. 10 years ago I had an idea, I have a different idea now, and I bet 10 years from now I'll have a different one.

I respect everyone's opinions but I don't believe any of them are 100% spot on.
    An additional idea to ponder.

Once liberation from the body has been experienced, it has been experienced.

Liberation - ( death ) - is from the body and entire 3D world construct. I have witnessed, fully observed, in detail, myself move through this process many hundreds of times. The process is indeed fascinating. I can say this. To stay on point. Although it is possible within the event of these experiences to witness an extraordinary amount of detail, as Strat and Le Chat both glean, one would be a rare gem indeed to be able to reenter our physical space with every bit of it intact. When I begin to witness within the shift, I am already beginning to let go of physical processes. This is a part of what I find so fascinating to watch. The utter cessation of breath. What I am trying to say, without getting lost in a great body of detail, is that when I go out, I can tend to go quite far. The body goes into stasis. Yes, it is helped to remain animated but not by me personally. I - near in whole - have vacated. This is not always the case, it is the case in roughly 10% of my experiences. So I would even be able to relay to you some of the differences between this, and what else might occur in other types of shifts.

Having said this, I would say once again---

Once liberation from the body has been experienced, it has been experienced.

Even if the record, in full cognitive detail remains un-intact, cellularly it remains in full effect. This data can indeed be read. It is a knowing. A vibrational signature which cellularly does speak. I would simply say this. We are in consciousness now. We are in consciousness when this body dies - consciousness is all there is. The stories in play in here, as always, one comes up with for themself. ( but, "one" is a whole lot more than is often thought ).

Casey
    Quote Liberation - ( death ) - is from the body and entire 3D world construct.
    Some years ago, i had a friend who was very much into learning eastern ideologies or more like "he wanted to know about eastern culture but not to truly turn into it, just learn enough to have a grasp and integrate it into his own culture"

So i asked him to ponder about this: If/once you die, which one would you like to happen next:

1. You turn into energy that is redistributed across the universe and eventually ends up in other people's bodies/minds and so on, then you gain more knowledge through those people's experiences, until eventually you return to 'source' and you are merged back into it, and your energy becomes part of that original entity, you won't exist as who you are now, but you will exist as part of a greater life form

2. You remain you and are reborn into a similar human being and your memories are locked, but you won't lose your identity over time, you will be reborn, get more experiences and then eventually die and all that goes into yourself and you grow as a soul, but you remain yourself

Just the idea of #1 (The higher being not being "you" but another being of which you are just a small part) gave him nightmares for some time, the idea of 'not being me anymore ever again' was something he could not handle, he got depressed and turned dark in several ways, until i had to talk to him and explain that it was not at all how things work, that i was just doing an exercise and that he should not consider it as something real or final, then he eventually kind of returned to normal.

I think i talked about this experience here somewhere before, but i don't remember if i explained well what happened or what was said. Have you ever consider that situation? It's a bit hard to go through the first time for most people, but it can be done for sure
    Tired

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Mashika For This Post:

Bill Ryan (25th May 2022), Harmony (31st May 2022), Michi (25th May 2022)

13. Link to Post #47
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,409 times in 838 posts

Quote Posted by Mashika (here)

So i asked him to ponder about this: If/once you die, which one would you like to happen next:

1. You turn into energy that is redistributed across the universe ....... until eventually you return to 'source' and you are merged back into it, and your energy becomes part of that original entity, you won't exist as who you are now, but you will exist as part of a greater life form

Have you ever consider that situation? It's a bit hard to go through the first time for most people, but it can be done for sure
    Actually, I had a very brief experience where I did merge with a higher self. (or higher something). I was the universe. My ego self/personality that exists here and now quickly became a distant memory and then disappeared completely. I was everything.

Now, .... the reason I didn't say I merged with 'Source' was because even though I was 'everything' I could feel there was something greater still beyond that.

I don't know for certain what will happen when we die. (Or when I die). I don't know if I will become that which I already am. I could be wrong of course, but I feel that my ego/personality self will indeed just sort of fade away.
    I am enlightened, ............ Oh wait. That's just the police shining their spotlights on me.

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Orph For This Post:

Harmony (31st May 2022), Michi (25th May 2022)

15. Link to Post #48
    Albania Avalon Retired Member
    Language
    Albanian
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,899 times in 467 posts

Quote Posted by Mashika (here)

1. You turn into energy that is redistributed across the universe and eventually ends up in other people's bodies/minds and so on, then you gain more knowledge through those people's experiences, until eventually you return to 'source' and you are merged back into it, and your energy becomes part of that original entity, you won't exist as who you are now, but you will exist as part of a greater life form

2. You remain you and are reborn into a similar human being and your memories are locked, but you won't lose your identity over time, you will be reborn, get more experiences and then eventually die and all that goes into yourself and you grow as a soul, but you remain yourself

Just the idea of #1 (The higher being not being "you" but another being of which you are just a small part) gave him nightmares for some time, the idea of 'not being me anymore ever again' was something he could not handle, he got depressed and turned dark in several ways, until i had to talk to him and explain that it was not at all how things work, that i was just doing an exercise and that he should not consider it as something real or final, then he eventually kind of returned to normal.

I think i talked about this experience here somewhere before, but i don't remember if i explained well what happened or what was said. Have you ever consider that situation? It's a bit hard to go through the first time for most people, but it can be done for sure
    This world is the balance between good and evil. Many who wants to live in a righteous way, suffer too much injustice, because of this mixture and because we are constantly being tested. If you ask most of those righteous people, who have the sense of justice, of loyalty, of honor, who spend their life to protect others, who continuosly wants to seek knowledge for the right purpose, they will answer: I have lived as best as I could and I don't want to return back anymore. That will be the answer of many who know what is the hard path.

[38:28] Or should we treat those who believe and do righteous deeds like the corrupters in the land? Or should We treat those who fear God like the wicked?

Concept of fearing God, is to refrain from evil or to suffer the consequence of their actions. God doesn't do injustice to anyone, it is they who do injustice to themselves. God punishment is severe for those who do evil.
    Last edited by Eagle Eye; 29th May 2022 at 18:33.

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Eagle Eye For This Post:

Harmony (31st May 2022), Michi (25th May 2022)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 3