+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Autism and Technocracy

1. Link to Post #1
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,330 times in 2,365 posts

Default Autism and Technocracy

I had an experience with a user support chatt guy, Brian. I said I'm trying to find the login button or menu, and he gave me a link to reset my password. I said I like my password, but how do I log in? He ignored me completely. After a few "hello, you still there?" I asked "are you autistic, by chance?" He immediately pasted in paragraph about name-calling was not allowed, etc. It seems like he was pretending to be a machine, and expected me to be machine-like as well, just do as I'm told without question or explanation, as if it's the only choice on the menu. As odd as some of these "silly cons" are, I think I got a taste of the generation of zombies that are taking over. It explains the behavior of world leaders in their lack of questioning that everyone has to have the MRNA jab. They have been given orders and there's no other option available on the menu, so just do it. Very odd if you're not autistic. The ideal citizen of the New World Order is autistic, or pretending to be as machine-like as possible. They used to talk about a generation gap in the 1960s, but that's nothing compare to what is coming for any of us born before 1990. I can't help but wonder if the MRNA jab has to do with making people more machinel-ike, out of touch with their souls. Mor "it" than "who," which fits in with the non-binary movement and transhumanism.
    Last edited by TomKat; 7th May 2022 at 02:58.

2. The Following 18 Users Say Thank You to TomKat For This Post:

Agape (7th May 2022), Bill Ryan (7th May 2022), Franny (7th May 2022), Harmony (7th May 2022), haroldsails (7th May 2022), Heart to heart (7th May 2022), Johan (Keyholder) (7th May 2022), Johnnycomelately (7th May 2022), lunaflare (7th May 2022), Mashika (7th May 2022), Mike Gorman (8th May 2022), O Donna (7th May 2022), onawah (7th May 2022), Reinhard (7th May 2022), samsdice (7th May 2022), Sérénité (8th May 2022), ulli (7th May 2022), wondering (7th May 2022)

3. Link to Post #2
    United States Avalon Member onawah's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 116,091 times in 20,639 posts

Default Re: Autism and Technocracy

That is exactly what Rudolf Steiner predicted.
    See:https://projectavalon.net/forum4/sho...=1#post1386845

Quote Posted by TomKat (here)
    I can't help but wonder if the MRNA jab has to do with making people more machinel-ike, out of touch with their souls. Mor "it" than "who," which fits in with the non-binary movement and transhumanism.
    Each breath a gift...

4. The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to onawah For This Post:

Alecs (8th May 2022), Bill Ryan (7th May 2022), Franny (7th May 2022), Harmony (7th May 2022), haroldsails (7th May 2022), Heart to heart (7th May 2022), Ioneo (7th May 2022), Johan (Keyholder) (7th May 2022), Johnnycomelately (7th May 2022), Kryztian (7th May 2022), lunaflare (7th May 2022), Mashika (7th May 2022), O Donna (7th May 2022), Reinhard (7th May 2022), samsdice (7th May 2022), wondering (7th May 2022)

5. Link to Post #3
    Thanks
    Thanked 55,034 times in 8,168 posts

From the experience you described, I think you were talking to a "Bot".

That's kinda the same thing, but even deeper into the technocratic quicksand.
    ..................................................my first language is TYPO..............................................

6. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to norman For This Post:

Bill Ryan (7th May 2022), Harmony (7th May 2022), haroldsails (7th May 2022), Johan (Keyholder) (7th May 2022), Kryztian (7th May 2022), lunaflare (9th May 2022), Mashika (7th May 2022), Mike Gorman (8th May 2022), O Donna (7th May 2022), Reinhard (7th May 2022), wondering (7th May 2022)

7. Link to Post #4
    Belgium Avalon Member Johan (Keyholder)'s Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,746 times in 531 posts

The book "Zero Empathy" by Simon Baron-Cohen explains this very well.
    Not so easy to read but a very useful book.

8. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Johan (Keyholder) For This Post:

Bill Ryan (7th May 2022), Franny (8th May 2022), Harmony (7th May 2022), haroldsails (7th May 2022), Kryztian (7th May 2022), lunaflare (9th May 2022), Mashika (7th May 2022), O Donna (7th May 2022), Reinhard (7th May 2022), wondering (7th May 2022)

9. Link to Post #5
    Thanks
    Thanked 25,243 times in 4,597 posts

Consider that we are following the best possible direction in programmable machines and technical development which should ultimately eliminate the need for human slave labor ( that’s what I uniformly call it) ,

the millions of people working in factories , for example, assembling laptops and smartphones could be fully replaced by automatised assembling lines,
    so it should happen for many other jobs that are badly damaging for human health.

In India, we still have traffic policemen standing even in the middle of multiple crossroad organising the traffic from morning to night, fully dressed in the sweltering heat, breathing tons of CO2.

In developed parts of country of course his job has been fully replaced by advanced traffic control systems.

We can definitely make use of strong building robots and garbage picking bots in order to lift millions of people around the world from the curse of life under the poverty line , in dust of roads and building sites all day, for the cost of living in a tent and washing your kids under water pump so they can be sent off to local school as nothing has ever happened with some hope that they will be the ones who can do better now after generations of discrimination against the serving class the one who built pavements under our feet. I bow to them 🙏

But , they are also but ensouled and civilised beings who deserve education, clean and happy life.

So do miners around the world .

We should build advanced technologies and machines building machines, 3D printing technology can construct houses today, model cars,
    it could ideally do the rest for us too.

Internet of future is likewise planned to be more “organic”, endowed with sensors and capable to interact on multiple levels with helpless user.

Compared to the above live like IT Bot aka AI is already in existence and tested in many applications and systems. Voices and responses to custom questions are programmed together with voice recognition software and used by many institutions, banks, phone companies etc.

Not sure there is another option with a bot than pretending you are bot too

😁

10. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Agape For This Post:

Bill Ryan (7th May 2022), Franny (8th May 2022), haroldsails (7th May 2022), Johan (Keyholder) (7th May 2022), Kryztian (7th May 2022), lunaflare (9th May 2022), Mashika (7th May 2022), O Donna (7th May 2022), TomKat (8th May 2022), wondering (7th May 2022)

11. Link to Post #6
    On Sabbatical
    Language
    None
    Thanks
    Thanked 27,828 times in 3,335 posts

Quote Posted by TomKat (here)
    I had an experience with a user support chatt guy, Brian. I said I'm trying to find the login button or menu, and he gave me a link to reset my password. I said I like my password, but how do I log in? He ignored me completely. After a few "hello, you still there?" I asked "are you autistic, by chance?" He immediately pasted in paragraph about name-calling was not allowed, etc. It seems like he was pretending to be a machine, and expected me to be machine-like as well, just do as I'm told without question or explanation, as if it's the only choice on the menu. As odd as some of these "silly cons" are, I think I got a taste of the generation of zombies that are taking over. It explains the behavior of world leaders in their lack of questioning that everyone has to have the MRNA jab. They have been given orders and there's no other option available on the menu, so just do it. Very odd if you're not autistic. The ideal citizen of the New World Order is autistic, or pretending to be as machine-like as possible. They used to talk about a generation gap in the 1960s, but that's nothing compare to what is coming for any of us born before 1990. I can't help but wonder if the MRNA jab has to do with making people more machinel-ike, out of touch with their souls. Mor "it" than "who," which fits in with the non-binary movement and transhumanism.
    Actually not unusual It almost look like they look for that type of person, and smart ones are left out of the position for some odd reason

Back in Mexico, this happened to me, and then it also happened a couple other times after but this is the one i remember the most, it's just so funny, and upsetting

Quote When i first joined Avalon, i tried to activate a paypal account so i could make a donation, my card kept getting rejected, this was a Russian credit card by the way

So i called paypal support, and since i was in Mexico, i got someone speaking Spanish on the line, i talked in Spanish and said "Hi! I can't active my card, but i can't see why, can you see why or help me activate it?" And he replied in a nervious voice, saying something like "I don't speak Russian, sorry i can't help you".. Apparently he read my name in my card details and it was all in Russian, lol.

And i said "I'm speaking Spanish right now, with you, and you can understand me, can you help me?"

Then he said again "I'm sorry i don't understand, i can't handle this, you will have to call someone in Russia".... And again i said "we are talking Spanish here, can't you understand what i'm saying?" And he said "Yes, i can't help you, i don't know Russian"... LMFAO!

So i started to become annoyed and said "Can you please leave the line open, go out there and bring someone with an actual functional brain?"

Then there was silence on the line for around 2 minutes, and finally someone else picked up the line and said "Yes how can i help you?" I described all that had happened before and he started laughing and said "ok let me check, then in around 20/25 minutes we figured out that the problem was this card had some kind of lock to prevent misuse on the web, and that it was expecting to receive a code sent to a phone number i did not even had anymore, which i had back on Russia but not here of course. So of course it would never work on something like paypal. I thanked the guy and hanged up

+ We're speaking spanish
    - Yes but i don't know Russian...
    + Yes i understand, but it doesn't matter, we are speaking Spanish right now, both of us....
    - Yes... but i don't Russ!

"Someone with an actual functional brain please"
    https://projectavalon.net/forum4/sho...=1#post1431321

The second one is about trying to figure out why my internet connection wasn't working and the guy said "click on the windows start menu" and i said, i have a mac, then he said "yes i understand, so on your bottom left corner there is a little windows image that you need to click" and then i said "i don't have Windows, i have a Mac, there is no Start menu" and the imbecile repeated the "bottom left little flag" instructions and then asked if i needed someone to visit me as "he could take care of the problem as i did not know much about computers"

*If you feel like smacking someone i won't blame it on you, it's just how nature works

Last edited by Mashika; 7th May 2022 at 09:27.
    Tired

12. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Mashika For This Post:

Bill Ryan (7th May 2022), Franny (8th May 2022), gord (7th May 2022), Harmony (7th May 2022), haroldsails (7th May 2022), Johan (Keyholder) (7th May 2022), lunaflare (9th May 2022), O Donna (7th May 2022), Vicus (7th May 2022), wondering (7th May 2022)

13. Link to Post #7
    On Sabbatical
    Language
    None
    Thanks
    Thanked 27,828 times in 3,335 posts

Quote Posted by Agape (here)
    Consider that we are following the best possible direction in programmable machines and technical development which should ultimately eliminate the need for human slave labor ( that’s what I uniformly call it) ,

the millions of people working in factories , for example, assembling laptops and smartphones could be fully replaced by automatised assembling lines,
    so it should happen for many other jobs that are badly damaging for human health.

In India, we still have traffic policemen standing even in the middle of multiple crossroad organising the traffic from morning to night, fully dressed in the sweltering heat, breathing tons of CO2.

In developed parts of country of course his job has been fully replaced by advanced traffic control systems.

We can definitely make use of strong building robots and garbage picking bots in order to lift millions of people around the world from the curse of life under the poverty line , in dust of roads and building sites all day, for the cost of living in a tent and washing your kids under water pump so they can be sent off to local school as nothing has ever happened with some hope that they will be the ones who can do better now after generations of discrimination against the serving class the one who built pavements under our feet. I bow to them 🙏

But , they are also but ensouled and civilised beings who deserve education, clean and happy life.

So do miners around the world .

We should build advanced technologies and machines building machines, 3D printing technology can construct houses today, model cars,
    it could ideally do the rest for us too.

Internet of future is likewise planned to be more “organic”, endowed with sensors and capable to interact on multiple levels with helpless user.

Compared to the above live like IT Bot aka AI is already in existence and tested in many applications and systems. Voices and responses to custom questions are programmed together with voice recognition software and used by many institutions, banks, phone companies etc.

Not sure there is another option with a bot than pretending you are bot too

😁
    Quote Internet of future is likewise planned to be more “organic”, endowed with sensors and capable to interact on multiple levels with helpless user.
    This should be a thread of its own, there's so much stuff embedded there that could be unpacked!

Tired

14. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Mashika For This Post:

Bill Ryan (7th May 2022), Harmony (7th May 2022), haroldsails (7th May 2022), Johan (Keyholder) (7th May 2022), lunaflare (9th May 2022), O Donna (7th May 2022)

15. Link to Post #8
    Great Britain Avalon Member ian33's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,280 times in 463 posts

i hadnt realised people on the autistic spectrum were perceived as robotic
    that would explain a lot
    slightly shocked, but accepting
    thank you

16. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to ian33 For This Post:

Agape (8th May 2022), Bill Ryan (8th May 2022), Harmony (7th May 2022), haroldsails (7th May 2022), Johan (Keyholder) (7th May 2022), lunaflare (9th May 2022), Mashika (8th May 2022), Wind (8th May 2022)

17. Link to Post #9
    Belgium Avalon Member Johan (Keyholder)'s Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,746 times in 531 posts

As far as I understand autism, I have experienced that the more someone is "autistic", the more that person will "hang on" to routine(s). They can be great, excellent in activities that require that (and there are many).

When you say to an autist "I will be there by 11 am", you better be there at exactly that time or they may panic or be upset. If you can't, let them know a few minutes BEFORE 11 am and not after.

18. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Johan (Keyholder) For This Post:

Bill Ryan (8th May 2022), Harmony (8th May 2022), haroldsails (7th May 2022), ian33 (7th May 2022), lunaflare (9th May 2022), Mashika (8th May 2022), Sérénité (8th May 2022), Wind (8th May 2022)

19. Link to Post #10
    Thanks

Quote Posted by norman (here)
    From the experience you described, I think you were talking to a "Bot".

That's kinda the same thing, but even deeper into the technocratic quicksand.
    I think Brian was an actual person, but possibly serving another person also. Now when I said I just want the login, a normal person would have said "just a sec." But if he was handling 2 or more chattt sessions and hiding that, the exttra stress may have made him respond more robotically.

20. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to TomKat For This Post:

Bill Ryan (8th May 2022), Harmony (8th May 2022), lunaflare (9th May 2022), Mashika (8th May 2022)

21. Link to Post #11
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,076 times in 869 posts

As the mother of an autistic child, I can confirm speaking on the phone can be very hard for them.
    In my child’s case anyway, he doesn’t do small talk, he’s all in or nothing at all.
    Deep philosophical questions that come from seemingly now where.
    So on the phone it’s straight to the point to the point of bluntness and then the phone goes down.
    Good luck having a conversation that quick face to face though, get comfy and sit back cos you’re going nowhere fast till the million questions are over.

They certainly don’t lack empathy though. My child has probably the most empathy I’ve ever come across in a person so young. But on the phone yes, it may come across that way.

He’s also one of the most intelligent and fascinating minds I’ve ever met.

So while I’d agree with everything you say, I’d say the autistic person is probably the furthest from ideal citizen they would like to have.

They’ll spot an injustice and speak out on it. If something is wrong they’ll tell it like it is. They don’t respect authority, if they see you doing wrong you’ll get told as much whether you’re a peer or police man. It’s irrelevant to them. Injustice is injustice.

And don’t even try to lie or manipulate them, they’ll find every loop hole to catch you out and call you out loud and clear.

The ideal mind for the ideal citizen is subdued, switched off and conforming.
    Everything the autistic person is not.
    Last edited by Sérénité; 8th May 2022 at 01:49.

22. The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to Sérénité For This Post:

Agape (8th May 2022), Bill Ryan (8th May 2022), Blastolabs (8th May 2022), Eva2 (8th May 2022), Franny (8th May 2022), Harmony (8th May 2022), ian33 (8th May 2022), Johan (Keyholder) (8th May 2022), learninglight (9th May 2022), lunaflare (9th May 2022), Mashika (8th May 2022), Mike Gorman (8th May 2022), Patient (8th May 2022), Reinhard (8th May 2022), Wind (8th May 2022)

23. Link to Post #12
    Thanks

I don’t like being this kind of unprofessional as I’m but in order to avoid misdiagnosing these people and phenomena also consider the following:

most people who give out some kind of unnaturally inhuman appearance are not autistic but “practising psychopaths” , for lack of better term.
    They just intentionally carry themselves “thusly” with hope that society will admire them and appreciate them for “keeping their face”.

So many people who get to practice one or another spiritual trend fall to similar trap, them or someone else try to “eliminate their ego” by radical methods for years, forcefully. They try to eliminate everything that is natural from their manner and get stuck with ideal of “Buddha smile” on their face under all circumstances.
    In order to be perfect they restrict their minds from normal functioning , including genuine self reflection.
    They may be Hare Krishna devotee who want to come out as perfect person at all times or military dads who can’t “take their face off” when they get back home and terrorise their family with stern authoritative looks and unemotional responses because “it serves them better”.

Suppose someone is introverted or even autistic at the time of the communication ( autism is a symptom that may happen to anybody under various serious life circumstances - losing near person for example),
    they may need some help and appreciate your help in communication , actually.
    That’s if they’re natural and genuine.

If the person are “practising psychopath”( kind of border line condition difficult to pinpoint unless it causes trouble to themselves), they are intended to be that way,
    in chronic cases they can throw emotional performance too- in short they act out while keeping their “cool hatred” watching behind only to tell you afterwards that it all was “played to get you involved” and they are absolutely unable to change,
    or understand that the manner is somehow harmful to themselves and society.

Under the bottom line I suggest that many of them could improve if they went to live and practice to China 😅 as Chinese society has thousands years of experience with the ability of “keeping face” and ignoring self and natural instincts to the extreme.

To the extent that “face and manner” turned to be nearly inborn and natural ( ) part of Chinese culture but thanks to thousands years of experience they can recognise and train people efficiently , good manner included .
    At the same time they are aware of this feature/character of chronic self ignoring and suppression causing array of psychological problems in long term,
    they have (had) people “losing selves” after lives of selfless service to society and ignoring their own evolution who are wiped out , you’d say “burnt out” at the end and can’t be revived mentally.

So to all the guys and girls “practising psychopathy” in IT , worse in medical fields or spiritual cults I say : be careful with what you’re trying to do to self and others.

And if you’re serious about the skill and ability of cool face and manner, take the option of working in China or Japan for a year , test how this works in “real environment”. Learn every bit about the advantages of keeping your own nature or dissolving it and being happy and kind at the same time.

‘Cause once there are many people around carrying themselves the same way you may happen to rethink. Or join in , the Terracotta Army ....

🐳

24. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Agape For This Post:

Bill Ryan (8th May 2022), Harmony (8th May 2022), Johan (Keyholder) (8th May 2022), lunaflare (9th May 2022), Mashika (9th May 2022), Mike Gorman (8th May 2022), Reinhard (8th May 2022), Wind (8th May 2022)

25. Link to Post #13
    Thanks

Quote Posted by ian33 (here)
    i hadnt realised people on the autistic spectrum were perceived as robotic
    that would explain a lot
    slightly shocked, but accepting
    thank you
    It must be a misunderstanding, I agree.

Autistic people can turn slow or act funny if “normative humans” push them to corner or start watching them intently ( another bad human manner).

But they’re completely natural and genuine otherwise as opposed to psychopaths who are precalculated, intentionally suppressed and wholly unnatural.

Thanks for the reflection

🙏🌈💫

26. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Agape For This Post:

Bill Ryan (8th May 2022), Harmony (8th May 2022), ian33 (8th May 2022), Johan (Keyholder) (8th May 2022), lunaflare (9th May 2022), Mashika (9th May 2022), Mike Gorman (8th May 2022), Reinhard (8th May 2022), Wind (8th May 2022)

27. Link to Post #14
    Language
    English
    Thanks

https://watermark.silverchair.com/da...J4rQAzes6AYSrL
    ..a bit long for my taste which tends to prefer less words to process
    we look for aliens in the sky, but are they down on earth walking amongst us ?(or hiding amongst us, alienated)
    Last edited by ian33; 8th May 2022 at 08:12.

28. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to ian33 For This Post:

Bill Ryan (8th May 2022), Harmony (8th May 2022), Johan (Keyholder) (8th May 2022), lunaflare (9th May 2022), Mashika (9th May 2022), Mike Gorman (8th May 2022), Wind (8th May 2022)

29. Link to Post #15
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Johan (Keyholder) (here)
    As far as I understand autism, I have experienced that the more someone is "autistic", the more that person will "hang on" to routine(s). They can be great, excellent in activities that require that (and there are many).

When you say to an autist "I will be there by 11 am", you better be there at exactly that time or they may panic or be upset. If you can't, let them know a few minutes BEFORE 11 am and not after.
    I heard someone on Coast radio observe that gray aliens act autistic, no warmth or empathy. Maybe tghey really are humans from the future.

30. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to TomKat For This Post:

Agape (9th May 2022), Bill Ryan (8th May 2022), Harmony (8th May 2022), lunaflare (9th May 2022), Mashika (9th May 2022), raregem (8th May 2022)

31. Link to Post #16
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,076 times in 869 posts

Here is a good article to read;

https://www.spectrumnews.org/opinion...l-empathy/amp/

It explains that lack of empathy, or inability to outwardly show empathy (whilst sometimes still having it) is actually caused by alexithymia.

10% of the population have alexithymia, whilst around 50% of those diagnosed with autism have alexithymia.

Personally I’d say it’s way way more than 10% these days (the article is quite old)

Some of the people I know who quite clearly are presenting with alexithymia aren’t autistic but are heavily medicated or on long term anti depressants.
    Okay it stops their lows, but it also stops the highs and everything in between, leading the individual to appear very shut down and numb.

It’s also something I’m experiencing in those around me more and more this last 12 months too…go figure.

I think what you’re discussing is a lot broader than autism and to anyone who is autistic, your assumptions may be slightly insulting.
    If it’s not something you know about in depth it’s wrong to make judgements.

The loss of empathy we are seeing isn’t just down to autism and to class anyone who is void of empathy as autistic is ignoring the bigger elephant in the room.
    There are a lot of things causing alexithymia in people, medication and pharmaceutical products are by far the biggest cause of lacking in empathy.

But there are also those who have just lost their soul or indeed never been born with one.

Pretty shocking that anyone would compare someone with autism to a soulless Grey alien 😮
    That in itself denotes a huge lack of empathy does it not? …to assume the unfortunate inability to outwardly show emotion equates to having no soul?

32. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Sérénité For This Post:

Bill Ryan (8th May 2022), Harmony (8th May 2022), ian33 (8th May 2022), Johan (Keyholder) (8th May 2022), learninglight (9th May 2022), lunaflare (9th May 2022), Mashika (9th May 2022), Mike Gorman (8th May 2022), raregem (8th May 2022), Wind (8th May 2022)

33. Link to Post #17
    Thanks
    Thanked 48,964 times in 7,673 posts

People with autism don't have a lack of empathy as they actually seem to have a lot of it, but they indeed can struggle to show and verbalize their empathy. Social cues and interactions can be their Achilles' heel without a doubt. I do not wish to lay out any generalizations here, but please do consider what you might think to be "a disease" or a negative trait in someone. It might be sometimes something completely different too. There are very many advanced not so human souls who reincarnate here as autistic people and they have that condition because of the different wiring in their nervous system and brain.

The human body struggles to intake that kind of energy and has to adjust the nervous system which isn't exactly used to that kind of soul-energy inhabiting the Adamic body. I of course can't know for sure that all autistic people would be somehow advanced souls or ET's born as humans, but a good number of them certainly are. Humans love to label everything and autism is just one more label too. Differences are a beautiful thing and the more we learn to understand and appreciate them, the more we can find harmony too and actually realize that we actually have more in common than we even realize.
    "When you've seen beyond yourself, then you may find, peace of mind is waiting there." ~ George Harrison

34. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Wind For This Post:

Agape (9th May 2022), Bill Ryan (8th May 2022), Harmony (8th May 2022), ian33 (8th May 2022), Johan (Keyholder) (8th May 2022), lunaflare (9th May 2022), Mashika (9th May 2022), Orph (8th May 2022)

35. Link to Post #18
    Thanks
    Thanked 457,524 times in 32,788 posts

Quote Posted by Wind (here)
    People with autism don't have a lack of empathy as they actually seem to have a lot of it, but they indeed can struggle to show and verbalize their empathy.
    That may be the case sometimes, but definitely not always. You and I both know someone who continually makes bad judgments about people — and then articulates and justifies those judgments in great intellectual detail.

Here's a wonderful prize-winning book, short and easy to read and full of insights into the autistic experience, which I'd very strongly recommend.
    But this may well be off-topic here, for which I apologize. A standalone thread about autism might be very valuable. Do start one if you think it might be helpful.

Last edited by Bill Ryan; 8th May 2022 at 14:03.

36. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Bill Ryan For This Post:

Agape (9th May 2022), Harmony (8th May 2022), ian33 (8th May 2022), Johan (Keyholder) (8th May 2022), learninglight (9th May 2022), lunaflare (9th May 2022), Mashika (9th May 2022), Yoda (8th May 2022)

37. Link to Post #19
    Language
    English
    Thanks

"Pretty shocking that anyone would compare someone with autism to a soulless Grey alien 😮
    That in itself denotes a huge lack of empathy does it not? …to assume the unfortunate inability to outwardly show emotion equates to having no soul? "
    ...exactly my thoughts..plus likely projection of persons unconscious/hidden self...no offense intended to whoever..i pick up unexpressed emotions even online, which can cause me to close down(pull up the drawbridge)
    ..sometimes i need to just take a break, that time is coming, in the celestial calendar/weather

38. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ian33 For This Post:

Harmony (8th May 2022), Johan (Keyholder) (8th May 2022), lunaflare (9th May 2022), Mashika (9th May 2022)

39. Link to Post #20
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Sérénité (here)
    As the mother of an autistic child, I can confirm speaking on the phone can be very hard for them.
    In my child’s case anyway, he doesn’t do small talk, he’s all in or nothing at all.
    Deep philosophical questions that come from seemingly now where.
    So on the phone it’s straight to the point to the point of bluntness and then the phone goes down.

Just curious, did your son have a kitten or puppy growing up? (not a lizard or fish, something mamalianj). Seems to me that would be good to overcome autism.

40. The Following User Says Thank You to TomKat For This Post:

Mashika (9th May 2022)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast