+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Modern Society and Cult Parallels

1. Link to Post #21
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,331 times in 2,365 posts

Default Re: Modern Society and Cult Parallels

Humans are social animals who cannot, at the subconscious level, understand beyond tribe. If you are in the Democrat tribe, you get an MRNA vaccine because that's what the tribe expects. Increasingly our tribes are created by the "intelligence community."

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to TomKat For This Post:

Agape (26th May 2022), ExomatrixTV (26th May 2022), O Donna (26th May 2022), shaberon (26th May 2022), Wind (26th May 2022)

3. Link to Post #22
    Thanks
    Thanked 25,366 times in 4,614 posts

I think, if an individual respects society or collective society should respect individuality as well. It should work both ways.

Our ancestors even while they lived in tribes were still capable of bringing up many proud and sovereign individuals of good character who at times of necessity could look after themselves and others and take full responsibility for survival of the group.

In today’s common society individuality is mostly suppressed and neglected brining up whole generations of people who are not “out of love” but were brought up in this everlasting dichotomy and conflict between males and females, society vs family, school vs parents and so forth and feel dependant on someone’s else’s approval at most times.
    Making adjustments for individual needs becomes impossible in business oriented society with people expected to perform in manner of good actors on their job, new drone factories have been created for the “masses”,
    the baseline religion of modern secular society is “work and money”,

there is no one to teach them a thing about Life than Life itself,

like it taught lesson to our previous generations.

People create their own cults, for sure because there is a power in numbers.

Personally, I don’t like that jig about “social animals” , no matter who said that first as it lowers human collective down to insect level ( with that most bees and ants perform better than human collectives ) but it’s one way to see humans, for sure , from airplanes

Not many gurus understand that people come to group gatherings and teachings because they (once) hoped to evolve personally on their Life path,
    every each of them , not because they wanted to attend group therapies and gathering about forever or be “part of it”.
    Part of what ?? Their higher , complete Selves the responsible teacher should care about : so that they are also free to leave the group/collective/society as complete individual and in better shape than they came.

Some teachers do not care about the rest , other than “chosen few”,
    others keep double manners and tabs without any sort of excuse ,
    even note to themselves .

Many religious and other societies of today serve virtually as one or another type of “doomsday cult” while the burden of evolution is lifted from the members shoulders , they are told and taught to be happy with themselves and advised against learning or developing in some or another way.

So in the big population screen I think we can find about every possible evolution option because everyone is unique, so is their time when they came,
    so is their passage.

Just recently, one old coughing guru tried to tell me something g about “emptiness” in Buddhist philosophy and how mind without sensual input is naturally empty.
    Fair enough, not many people understand the point or experienced thoughtless state of samadhi. No argument about that.

I know my mind in manifolds and it’s limitless and complicated 🙏

But then I walked away for some medicines and thought to myself , wait, Beethoven was deaf. The music he composed is not anything he could ever hear from someone else.

So is most of our art, so is most of us.

Any future , advanced human society will support evolution of inner gifts, return to originality and creativity , support evolution of potential in children instead of suppressing it.
    By suppressing it depression, anxiety, generally fear and other forms of mental illness manifest automatically because most people are never allowed to be who they are,
    even how they are , not who they wanted to be but they are taught to act out the best instead.

From tribal body painting to today’s obsession with body culture , hair and face colors and plastic surgeries : it seems we have not gone very far from where our aboriginal ancestors started.
    Their crocodile shoes and belts and other kinds of “magic” still decorate influential people’s cars and households and crystal pendulums are sent to space to bring the bearer better good luck tomorrow.

Human consciousness expanded and joined hands perhaps, with some of its past and future.

However ever. When both of your hands are being held,
    metaphorically or practically ..

and your fate has been sealed,

in the name of Nin-Ten-Do company or else

can you be you.

🙏
    😢

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Agape For This Post:

East Sun (2nd June 2022), ExomatrixTV (26th May 2022), O Donna (26th May 2022), Wind (26th May 2022)

5. Link to Post #23
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,159 times in 1,663 posts

I am all for belief tolerance. Grow via diversity.

Quote The breaking of a wave cannot explain the whole sea.” – Vladimir Nabokov
    Problem comes as a tsunami and even living inland is not safe. (Like when a baby is born into a cult)

Perhaps that is life, one tsunami after another.

Maybe the surf culture got it right, if you cannot beat it, ride it!

Oh that?
    That’s a suggestive cult sub-subreddit, a subreddit of the consumer cult which is further more a Reddit of modern society cult. Something like that....

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to O Donna For This Post:

Agape (27th May 2022), Vicus (27th May 2022), Wind (27th May 2022)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2