+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Avalon Entrepreneurs

1. Link to Post #1
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,035 times in 358 posts

Lightbulb Avalon Entrepreneurs

Greetings everyone!

A couple of years ago I began the journey of starting a virtual business. I had an interest in accounting and decided to start a bookkeeping business.

I got very excited thinking about getting to know business owners and seeing what goes on behind the scenes of running one's own business.

At one point I spent a lot of money to be a part of professional networking groups. However, I haven't come across many people or businesses that I feel a strong alignment with. I suppose I haven't been looking far and wide enough.

Recently it's occurred to me to try connecting with others here!

I will link my Zoom calendar link here and am interested in meeting with anyone who:

1. Wants to talk about business in general- maybe you're someone who already owns a business or is interested in starting one? We can exchange tips, become referral partners, OR I'd be happy to offer tips to someone brand new.

2. Wants to know more about bookkeeping, whether you have a practical application or not for it at this point in time. If you are considering starting your own bookkeeping business, I'd be happy to answer some questions.

3. Is a business owner who has some questions specifically about bookkeeping.

4. Is a business owner and wants to outsource bookkeeping tasks. If you have specific needs that I don't have the skills for I'm connected to a wide network of virtual bookkeepers who may be able to help!

5. Is a bookkeeper, accountant, or CPA. We can geek out on some accounting stuff (or not!) or discuss our experiences in these fields

Here is my scheduling link: https://calendly.com/unitedledgers

It may say 'consultation'...but as I described above, it doesn't have to be one!

Lately I've been feeling less passionate about my bookkeeping business. I don't care much about the 'compliance' part because I'm not too thrilled about where a lot of tax dollars get spent. I had hoped to connect with a lot of like-minded people through my business and support businesses I really care about, feel like I'm making a difference in the bigger picture. So far not much of that has happened so I'm going to try different networking strategies.

Also, if any of you know of networking organizations for people with alternative views/think outside the box I'd be happy to check those out! I haven't come across anything myself so far.

I hope this doesn't come off as a sales pitch or anything. I'm really just interested in connecting with like-minded people on a business level, whether any of you need the services I offer or not! There is so much that can be exchanged and learned through a no-cost conversation!

I got into virtual bookkeeping to gain more freedom in my life. My son has had some emotional/health concerns (diagnosed with autism), so I wanted a virtual business to be more available to him. Bookkeeping happened to come up as one of the most high-earning choices and I already had some interest in the accounting realm.

However, I've been losing significant interest as mentioned above from not reaching out to others in enough places.

So if anyone wants to schedule a videoconference, feel free to click the link! We can do virtual tea or coffee while we're at it

I'm also happy to check out any online networking groups OR just have a conversation about running a business here in this forum!

Thanks to whoever reads this! Working from home can feel very lonely and isolating at times. I hope this can open some doors for anyone else in a similar situation.

2. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Rebecca For This Post:

Alecs (5th June 2022), Bill Ryan (3rd June 2022), Ernie Nemeth (3rd June 2022), Ewan (4th June 2022), Harmony (4th June 2022), Peace in Oz (4th June 2022), popadoodle (5th June 2022), pueblo (3rd June 2022), pyrangello (5th June 2022), Rosco1 (5th October 2022), wondering (3rd June 2022)

+ Reply to Thread