View Poll Results: Do you believe in God ?

Voters
90. You may not vote on this poll
  • I believe that God is the prime Creator of everything.

55 61.11%
  • I believe in many gods.

0 0%
  • I believe in god that had a human form.

2 2.22%
  • I believe in spirituality only.

10 11.11%
  • I still have to clear up my concept of God.

16 17.78%
  • I don't believe in existence of God.

7 7.78%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst 1 9 11 LastLast

Thread: Do you believe in God ?

1. Link to Post #161
    On Sabbatical
    Language
    None
    Thanks
    Thanked 27,830 times in 3,335 posts

Default Re: Do you believe in God ?

That was a musical conversation, do you understand what that means? And why Mozart made it so?
    Tired

2. Link to Post #162
    On Sabbatical
    Language
    None
    Thanks

But Alisa is some kind of monster... Or is it you?

Tired

3. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Mashika For This Post:

Bill Ryan (20th June 2022), gini (21st June 2022), Kryztian (6th August 2022), Vicus (26th June 2022)

4. Link to Post #163
    Philippines Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,270 times in 2,725 posts

George Carlin on religion and god

Last edited by Bill Ryan; 20th June 2022 at 18:01. Reason: embedded the video

5. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Bubu For This Post:

Anchor (21st June 2022), DaveToo (20th June 2022), Mashika (20th June 2022), Snoweagle (21st June 2022), Vicus (26th June 2022)

6. Link to Post #164
    Philippines Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,270 times in 2,725 posts

Prayer works but it has nothing to do with god. Its the vibration that you create when you pray that makes it work. Sorta , the vibes you create opens a chanel where miracles can flow..

7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Bubu For This Post:

Anchor (21st June 2022), gini (21st June 2022), Mashika (20th June 2022)

8. Link to Post #165
    Thanks
    Thanked 459,526 times in 32,931 posts

Quote Posted by Mashika (here)

This is something extraordinary, a testimony to how beautiful and astonishing humans can be. Alisa Sadikova (web page here) was only 9 years old when this was recorded.

It may be worth while some readers listening carefully to all five minutes of her recital. One might somehow learn more about how "God" manifests in the world (whatever "God" is, means, or has been twisted to mean), than by reading every word on this thread or any other.

To add an earthly political note, one also wonders if Alisa might soon be 'canceled' by western authorities. If so, one might wonder what exactly their intention was — and, if there is an anthropomophic (human-like) 'God" watching all this play out, how he might judge all that. (Harshly, one hopes. ) That too may be worth a few seconds thought.

9. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Bill Ryan For This Post:

Alan (20th June 2022), Chip (21st June 2022), DaveToo (20th June 2022), gini (21st June 2022), kudzy (21st June 2022), Mashika (20th June 2022), O Donna (23rd July 2022), RunningDeer (21st June 2022), Snoweagle (21st June 2022), Vicus (6th August 2022), Yoda (20th June 2022)

10. Link to Post #166
    Albania Avalon Retired Member
    Language
    Albanian
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,902 times in 467 posts

Quote Posted by Bubu (here)
    This is just my opinion. If you ask me, I see only a poor man who has abused so much with drugs,alchool...etc, that has lowered his life to a level to lose almost everything.

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Eagle Eye For This Post:

Mashika (20th June 2022), mojo (20th June 2022)

12. Link to Post #167
    On Sabbatical
    Language
    None
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Eagle Eye (here)
    Quote Posted by Bubu (here)
    This is just my opinion. If you ask me, I see only a poor man who has abused so much with drugs,alchool...etc, that has lowered his life to a level to lose almost everything.
    That's mostly how i see the entire western world by now lol, and i look at it from my entitled higher egotistical position all the time as well
    Tired

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Mashika For This Post:

Vicus (6th August 2022)

14. Link to Post #168
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,315 times in 917 posts

Where is God not?

15. The Following User Says Thank You to gini For This Post:

Mashika (21st June 2022)

16. Link to Post #169
    On Sabbatical
    Language
    None
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Bill Ryan (here)
    Quote Posted by Mashika (here)

This is something extraordinary, a testimony to how beautiful and astonishing humans can be. Alisa Sadikova (web page here) was only 9 years old when this was recorded.

It may be worth while some readers listening carefully to all five minutes of her recital. One might somehow learn more about how "God" manifests in the world (whatever "God" is, means, or has been twisted to mean), than by reading every word on this thread or any other.
    Quote To add an earthly political note, one also wonders if Alisa might soon be 'canceled' by western authorities. If so, one might wonder what exactly their intention was — and, if there is an anthropomophic (human-like) 'God" watching all this play out, how he might judge all that. (Harshly, one hopes. ) That too may be worth a few seconds thought.
    "A giant loss for humanity, but a good day for just the few in control"

I also think Mozart was not writing his pieces at all, more like he was 'remembering' the music and taking notes, otherwise how could something like this could happen? I don't think he was unaware of it, and that's why he went all crazy and his life ended too soon, he just could not handle this 'reality'. "I think" being the most important thing lol

Why is this music so pure and exceptional? So pure that maybe it is not 'human' music at all. Such a tremendous longing feeling, such a tremendous pain and happiness at the same time? What was he feeling that he described here? We only get the 'summary' of it, think about it, whatever he felt was way stronger than this, we just will never know

Last edited by Mashika; 21st June 2022 at 05:47.
    Tired

17. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Mashika For This Post:

Bill Ryan (21st June 2022), DaveToo (21st June 2022), gini (21st June 2022), Snoweagle (21st June 2022), Vicus (6th August 2022)

18. Link to Post #170
    On Sabbatical
    Language
    None
    Thanks

Maybe the question should have been "Which God do you believe in"

There is no black & white version of this reality, it is not that how things works. "Either you believe or not in my God" is not a honest question, or a truthful one(it is tainted by your belief system)

It should be more like "what do you think of this or that" But don't put people against a wall, that's why i felt all wrong about it and acted against, see? You created division and gave the monster some energy to become aware of your existence and come here to eat your soul

"I don't believe in the devil.. Well you should, because he for sure believes in you"

Don't do the devil's job while thinking you are doing God's job

Last edited by Mashika; 21st June 2022 at 06:13.
    Tired

19. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Mashika For This Post:

Bill Ryan (21st June 2022), DaveToo (21st June 2022), Kryztian (6th August 2022), XelNaga (21st June 2022)

20. Link to Post #171
    On Sabbatical
    Language
    None
    Thanks

Quote Posted by gini (here)
    Where is God not?
    Tired

21. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Mashika For This Post:

Bill Ryan (21st June 2022), gini (21st June 2022), O Donna (23rd July 2022), Vicus (6th August 2022)

22. Link to Post #172
    Language
    Albanian
    Thanks

This life is maintained in balance for the purpose of testing. When a great event cause the balance to be broken, than you see many people rushing to pray and ask God for help. In a time of a great disaster or miracle, you see almost all people in that place to believe in God, but once they are secure and live a normal life, than they forget about that.

23. Link to Post #173
    Canada Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,971 times in 1,706 posts

This life is maintained in balance for the purpose of testing. When a great event cause the balance to be broken, than you see many people rushing to pray and ask God for help. In a time of a great disaster or miracle, you see almost all people in that place to believe in God, but once they are secure and live a normal life, than they forget about that.
    True.

I've also noticed that people tend to get more and more religious the closer and closer they get to the end.

24. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DaveToo For This Post:

Eagle Eye (21st June 2022), Strat (22nd June 2022)

25. Link to Post #174
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,959 times in 243 posts

Abrahamic religions are the worst type of psy-op, a really nefarious psy-op, that has happened to humans in the last couple of thousands of years.

All the evil brought upon this planet and all beings on it far outweighs little good they have brought to some individuals.

My guess is that yahweh/allah (it's the same being) is either some really nasty demon, or some alien warlord.

That thing is not a "god", and not the Creator of my spirit.

26. Link to Post #175
    Language
    Albanian
    Thanks

Quote Posted by XelNaga (here)
    All the evil brought upon this planet and all beings on it far outweighs little good they have brought to some individuals.
    What evil do you see in 10 commandments, except to protect ourselves from it.

27. Link to Post #176
    Thanks

Hi neighbour,

The 10 commandments are a miniscule part of abrahamic faiths.

Should I start posting verses from ot / quran where yahweh / allah incite/order rape, murder, maiming, genocide etc.

We all know how many people died in "holy wars" and we are all familiar with atrocities commited in the name of abrahamic god.

28. The Following User Says Thank You to XelNaga For This Post:

Vicus (6th August 2022)

29. Link to Post #177
    Language
    Albanian
    Thanks

Hi neighbour,

Should I start posting verses from ot / quran where yahweh / allah incite/order rape, murder, maiming, genocide etc.

We all know how many people died in "holy wars" and we are all familiar with atrocities commited in the name of abrahamic god.
    The 10 commandments are the foundations of all Scriptures from the religion of Abraham, be that a muslim, christian or jew. You can get a verse here and there, but we will lose time in commenting the details, because it will be only interpretation. For those who died in "holy" wars, you must know that both part claimed to be in the name of God, but in the end the truth, will not always side with one group or maybe in anyone of them. So do not interpret a Scripture, based on human actions.

30. Link to Post #178
    Thanks

Hi neighbour,

The 10 commandments are the foundations of all Scriptures from the religion of Abraham, be that a muslim, christian or jew. You can get a verse here and there, but we will lose time in commenting the details, because it will be only interpretation. For those died in "holy" wars, you must know that both part claimed to be in the name of God, but in the end the truth, will not always side with one group or maybe in anyone of them. So do not interpret a Scripture, based on human actions.
    Well, the foundation for Adolf Hitlers actions was love for his people, and white people in general. Does that make him a good guy?

10 commandments might be a good thing, but they come from a book full of evil, made by evil people, in the name of an evil "god", with evil agenda behind it.

When yahweh/allah directly orders believers to mame, rape, steal from and murder "unbelievers", there is no room for interpretations. It's all there in "holy books".

The greatest psy-op ever in recent history.

31. The Following User Says Thank You to XelNaga For This Post:

Vicus (6th August 2022)

32. Link to Post #179
    Language
    Albanian
    Thanks

I have spent a great amount of time in Scriptures and mostly understood that verses about wars are to protect something sacred, not to invade. Know the difference between protecting and invading. When an enemy comes to fight, we don't say welcome, but we fight back. Your anger about the Scriptures must come from texts of other sources or people actions, not that you have read carefully about them.

33. Link to Post #180
    Thanks

I have spent a great amount of time in Scriptures and mostly understood that verses about wars are to protect something sacred, not to invade. Know the difference between protecting and invading. When an enemy comes to fight, we don't say welcome, but we fight back. Your anger about the Scriptures must come from texts of other sources or people actions, not that you have read carefully about them.
    Share your interpretation, for example, of this quran verse for me, please:

"Slay the idolaters wherever ye find them, arrest them, besiege them, and lie in ambush everywhere for them,"(Quran, 9:5) Prophet! Make war on the unbelievers and the hypocrites! ... Hell shall be their home, an evil fate."

Or these two from the ot:

1 Samuel 15:3

“Anyone who beats their male or female slave with a rod must be punished if the slave dies as a direct result, 21 but they are not to be punished if the slave recovers after a day or two, since the slave is their property.

Exodus 21:20–21

Now therefore, kill every male among the little ones, and kill every woman who has known man intimately. But all the girls who have not known man intimately, spare for yourselves.

34. The Following User Says Thank You to XelNaga For This Post:

Vicus (6th August 2022)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst 1 9 11 LastLast