+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Deodorants and perfumes are a cause of poor choices of a partners?

1. Link to Post #1
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,959 times in 243 posts

Default Deodorants and perfumes are a cause of poor choices of a partners?

Hello Friends,

This might sound stupid, but please, bear with me.

Some lady made a video about how she absolutely loves the "natural" smell of her husband. It makes her so happy, and probably horny, when she smells him. One of my ex girlfriends also said the same thing to me. So that got me thinking.

We know that sense of smell is soooo important in lifes of animals. Many animals choose friends and partners exclusively through sense of smell, looks don't matter to them at all.

Sinse are bodies are, well, animal bodies basically, could perfumes and deodorants inhibit that natural selection of partners in humans?

I know our sense of smell is insignificant compared to animals sense of smell, but perhaps it can be important when selecting our partners.

Perhaps it would somehow allow us to sense hormonal compatibility or something like that.

So by using deodorants and perfumes and disguising our hormones, people lost that basic way of choosing appropriate partners for themselves.

What are your thoughts about this?

Thanks..

PS: typed from my phone, sorry about spelling errors..

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to XelNaga For This Post:

avid (9th June 2022), Johnnycomelately (10th June 2022), Spiral (9th June 2022), yelik (9th June 2022)

3. Link to Post #2
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,648 times in 1,409 posts

Default Re: Deodorants and perfumes are a cause of poor choices of a partners?

I think human behaviour is far more complicated than animals, odour & hormones don't have anything like the same importance that they do for dogs, thankfully.

Imagine if all the young men in a certain district gathered at the house of every ovulating female for three days & nights fighting each other.

Or maybe the same thing did use to happen at discos ?

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Spiral For This Post:

Johnnycomelately (10th June 2022), Strat (9th June 2022), XelNaga (9th June 2022), yelik (9th June 2022)

5. Link to Post #3
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,486 times in 420 posts

Quote Posted by XelNaga (here)
    Hello Friends,

This might sound stupid, but please, bear with me.

Some lady made a video about how she absolutely loves the "natural" smell of her husband. It makes her so happy, and probably horny, when she smells him. One of my ex girlfriends also said the same thing to me. So that got me thinking.

We know that sense of smell is soooo important in lifes of animals. Many animals choose friends and partners exclusively through sense of smell, looks don't matter to them at all.

Sinse are bodies are, well, animal bodies basically, could perfumes and deodorants inhibit that natural selection of partners in humans?

I know our sense of smell is insignificant compared to animals sense of smell, but perhaps it can be important when selecting our partners.

Perhaps it would somehow allow us to sense hormonal compatibility or something like that.

So by using deodorants and perfumes and disguising our hormones, people lost that basic way of choosing appropriate partners for themselves.

What are your thoughts about this?
    Not a stupid question at all. I think you have a point that perfumes mask our natural feromones from being clear to a potential partner. I have always unwittingly gone on my sense of smell when choosing a partner. But some light and natural scents might enhance whats already there and bring even more attraction, I guess, like a cocktail of nice and attractive scents.
    I stopped using deodorant a few years ago. I rub in coconut oil and finish of with fresh lemon juice. I might use perfume when out dating my wife since 22 yrs. I dont think she doesnt need any more trial period re my natural smell (I find her natural smell amazing btw, but I do find certain perfumes sensual and mood enhancing)
    Last edited by Metaphor; 9th June 2022 at 16:03.

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Metaphor For This Post:

Johnnycomelately (10th June 2022), XelNaga (9th June 2022), yelik (9th June 2022)

7. Link to Post #4
    Great Britain Avalon Member
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,647 times in 1,188 posts

Reminds of the movie Species who did just that with her hightened senses when selecting a partner, hopefully not me though, lol

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to yelik For This Post:

Johnnycomelately (10th June 2022), XelNaga (9th June 2022)

+ Reply to Thread