+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 3 6 LastLast

Thread: Being nice all the time is not being spiritual, or wise

1. Link to Post #41
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,158 times in 1,663 posts

Default Re: Being nice all the time is not being spiritual, or wise

Quote Posted by O Donna (here)
    It is also a futile ground for the likes of psychopaths' and sociopaths.
    All they have to do is mimic the behaviorism and wear the spiritual regatta and guards are let down when in reality further vetting should have taken place.

Quote The sex abuse crisis in the Catholic Church is the result of what police call "noble cause corruption," the belief that because you are dedicated to doing good, you can do no wrong.

Alex Gibney
    Also add any group that has an idealistic mantra/ mission statement and identifiable outfit that is meant to automatically command respect and trust via public portrayal in the news and the like. Example: police, politicians/ 'suits', soldiers, nurse/ doctor, teachers, judge etc.

Alluded to in Dr. Kings speech:

Quote I have a dream that my four little children will one day live in a nation where they will not be judged by the color of their skin, but by the content of their character.

- Martin Luther King, Jr.
    Knock Knock

2. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to O Donna For This Post:

Bill Ryan (15th June 2022), Brigantia (14th June 2022), Denise/Dizi (15th June 2022), ExomatrixTV (15th June 2022), Harmony (15th June 2022), Hym (14th June 2022), justntime2learn (14th June 2022), Mashika (14th June 2022), Mike (14th June 2022), Tigger (15th June 2022)

3. Link to Post #42
    Ireland Avalon Member JackMcThorn's Avatar
    Language
    I talk american
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,442 times in 570 posts

I would argue that being nice most of the time, is indeed, wise.

Reaping what your sowing.
    Getting what you are giving.
    Treating others the way you wish to be treated.
    A spoonful of honey attracts more flies than a gallon of vinegar.
    Not complaining.
    And the already mentioned, choosing your battles.

Even if the 'customer is always right'; honey goes much farther than vinegar.

These ideas can be accomplished without being manipulative or coercive and the results will speak for themselves.

In the OP the example of a bad day at the swimming hole is noted; but you don't need to ruin someone else's day over it. There is something to be said about having strength and the accompanying silence that could go along with it.
    Irishness is not primarily a question of birth or blood or language; it is the condition of being involved in the Irish situation, and usually of being mauled by it. ~ Conor C. O'Brien [1917-2oo8]

4. The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to JackMcThorn For This Post:

Bill Ryan (15th June 2022), Brigantia (14th June 2022), Denise/Dizi (15th June 2022), ExomatrixTV (15th June 2022), Harmony (15th June 2022), Journeyman (16th June 2022), justntime2learn (16th June 2022), Mashika (14th June 2022), Mike (14th June 2022), mojo (14th June 2022), onevoice (15th June 2022), Snoweagle (16th June 2022), tessfreq (30th August 2022), Tigger (15th June 2022), Tyy1907 (15th June 2022)

5. Link to Post #43
    United States Avalon Member Strat's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,306 times in 1,825 posts

Meh, I'm a nice person and I'm going to continue to be friendly to others. It has nothing to do with spirituality, more to do with maturing and learning how to effectively socialize with my fellow human. Simple is that.

I see your Simpsons and raise you 1 cheesy action flick:
    Today is victory over yourself of yesterday. Tomorrow is your victory over lesser men.

6. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to Strat For This Post:

Bill Ryan (15th June 2022), Brigantia (14th June 2022), Denise/Dizi (15th June 2022), ExomatrixTV (15th June 2022), Harmony (15th June 2022), Heart-2-Heart (15th June 2022), Journeyman (16th June 2022), Mashika (14th June 2022), Mike (14th June 2022), mojo (14th June 2022), O Donna (15th June 2022), Sue (Ayt) (15th June 2022), Tigger (15th June 2022)

7. Link to Post #44
    United States Avalon Member Mike's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 50,208 times in 5,679 posts

For me, it all depends on why someone is being nice all the time.

Often constant, unrelenting niceness is a sign of an unintegrated individual. What I mean is, it can be a sign that someone hasn't integrated the various parts of their psyche because they are fearful of doing so. In that way, the niceness is a default position and not so much a genuine one.

Another way of saying that is this: Some people are nice all the time because they desperately want to be liked. Some are nice all the time because they fear confrontation. Some are nice all the time because they want something from you. Some are nice all the time because they fear not only the anger of others but the anger in themselves. In that way it can be an emotionally cowardly offering. I've written about this stuff to a nauseating extent here, so I won't do it again. But it's all to do with the Jungian shadow concept.

Integrated individuals are naturally relaxed and pleasant because they have no such fears or insecurities. But if you were to describe them, "nice" might not be the first word you'd use. "Competent" would likely be the word you'd use. When you're competent - mentally and emotionally - niceness comes as a natural side effect.

Often "nice guys finish last", as they say, because in the absence of everything a competent adult male should provide, niceness is all they have to offer and is therefore overplayed to a sickening degree. And it scares women away, of course.

...and it scares men away too! Just think of any time someone tried to hook you up with a friend, and said something like, "Oh you really must meet her! She's so nice!" Most people instantly recoil when they hear that, because they intuitively understand all this.

I don't think we should strive to be "nice". I think we should strive to be integrated first, and a more genuine form of niceness will eventually flow from that.
    Last edited by Mike; 14th June 2022 at 21:00.

8. The Following 17 Users Say Thank You to Mike For This Post:

Bill Ryan (15th June 2022), Denise/Dizi (15th June 2022), ExomatrixTV (15th June 2022), Harmony (15th June 2022), Journeyman (16th June 2022), Mashika (14th June 2022), Merkaba360 (16th June 2022), Michi (14th June 2022), mojo (14th June 2022), O Donna (15th June 2022), Open Minded Dude (14th June 2022), RunningDeer (15th June 2022), Snoweagle (16th June 2022), Strat (15th June 2022), Sue (Ayt) (15th June 2022), Tigger (15th June 2022), Vangelo (14th June 2022)

9. Link to Post #45
    Belgium Avalon Member
    Language
    Dutch, French
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,085 times in 735 posts

Integrated, competent, nice...

All very nice.

What about "good"?

“He’s a good man.” “She’s a good woman.”...

..when I hear this, said without irony! — the capacity of making that judgment about a person without irony; in other words: sincerely.. is itself a sign of goodness —

when I hear this being said about a person with full sincerity, to me that is the highest praise. My trust (my readiness to love) is then absolute.

(To link this to the topic of another thread – and allowing language to speak for itself: the words "good" and "god" share the same origin.)

Jesus allowed a loving woman to wash and oil and massage his dirty, tired feet. Jesus whipped the money crooks out of the Temple.

10. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Michel Leclerc For This Post:

Bill Ryan (15th June 2022), Brigantia (14th June 2022), Denise/Dizi (15th June 2022), ExomatrixTV (15th June 2022), Harmony (15th June 2022), Heart-2-Heart (15th June 2022), Journeyman (16th June 2022), Mashika (14th June 2022), Mike (14th June 2022), Tigger (15th June 2022)

11. Link to Post #46
    United States Avalon Member Mike's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 50,208 times in 5,679 posts

Quote Posted by Michel Leclerc (here)
    Integrated, competent, nice...

All very nice.

What about "good"?

“He’s a good man.” “She’s a good woman.”...

..when I hear this, said without irony! — the capacity of making that judgment about a person without irony; in other words: sincerely.. is itself a sign of goodness —

when I hear this being said about a person with full sincerity, to me that is the highest praise. My trust (my readiness to love) is then absolute.

(To link this to the topic of another thread – and allowing language to speak for itself: the words "good" and "god" share the same origin.)

Jesus allowed a loving woman to wash and oil and massage his dirty, tired feet. Jesus whipped the money crooks out of the Temple.

When I hear that someone is "good" - man or woman - it does have a different meaning to me than "nice".

When someone says "He's a good man", I imagine a man with integrity, sound judgement, a clear sense of right and wrong, and someone whose words matches his actions. But that's what an integrated person is!

Before you can be good, kind, or nice in any kind of genuine way, you first must be integrated (at least to some degree!). Jesus is the perfect example of a fully integrated individual.

Having said all that, I think nearly every human being deserves to be treated with at least a baseline level of kindness, just for showing up! But I make a distinction between that and the sort of relentless "niceness" that's being implied in the OP, which should often be regarded with healthy skepticism imo, for some of the reasons I listed and more.

12. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Mike For This Post:

Bill Ryan (15th June 2022), Denise/Dizi (15th June 2022), ExomatrixTV (15th June 2022), Harmony (15th June 2022), Journeyman (16th June 2022), Mashika (14th June 2022), Michi (14th June 2022), O Donna (15th June 2022), onevoice (15th June 2022), Sue (Ayt) (15th June 2022), Tigger (15th June 2022), Vangelo (14th June 2022)

13. Link to Post #47
    Netherlands Avalon Member ExomatrixTV's Avatar
    Language
    English, Dutch, German, Limburgs
    Thanks
    Thanked 124,906 times in 20,684 posts

there is no dispute about the word "nice" ... what we are talking about is "playing nice" ... that is something different
    Last edited by ExomatrixTV; 15th June 2022 at 11:56.
    No need to follow anyone, only consider broadening (y)our horizon of possibilities ...

14. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to ExomatrixTV For This Post:

Bill Ryan (15th June 2022), Denise/Dizi (15th June 2022), Harmony (15th June 2022), Heart-2-Heart (15th June 2022), Mashika (17th June 2022), Merkaba360 (16th June 2022), Mike (15th June 2022), O Donna (15th June 2022), onevoice (15th June 2022), Strat (15th June 2022), Tigger (15th June 2022), Tyy1907 (15th June 2022)

15. Link to Post #48
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,275 times in 1,435 posts

Differentiation between being nice (living in a high vibration) and acting nice. People can tell.

In a sense there are no secrets.
    "Without the human request, nothing will happen."

"This must never be forgotten, that the human has the power to prevail."

16. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Tyy1907 For This Post:

Bill Ryan (15th June 2022), ExomatrixTV (15th June 2022), Harmony (15th June 2022), Mashika (17th June 2022), Mike (15th June 2022), Tigger (15th June 2022)

17. Link to Post #49
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,275 times in 1,435 posts

Quote Posted by JackMcThorn (here)
    I would argue that being nice most of the time, is indeed, wise.

Reaping what your sowing.
    Getting what you are giving.
    Treating others the way you wish to be treated.
    A spoonful of honey attracts more flies than a gallon of vinegar.
    Not complaining.
    And the already mentioned, choosing your battles.

Even if the 'customer is always right'; honey goes much farther than vinegar.

These ideas can be accomplished without being manipulative or coercive and the results will speak for themselves.

In the OP the example of a bad day at the swimming hole is noted; but you don't need to ruin someone else's day over it. There is something to be said about having strength and the accompanying silence that could go along with it.
    This is rewarding as far as it goes. Like keeping the peace, live and let live. This describes me in the work place. My work place is a rough sort of place. A Fertilizer Mill. The f word is used innumerably lol.

Of course we're human too so being Mr Nice guy wears me out at times. In a dog eat dog kind of place, others can mow you over if you let them. My struggle lol.

I ask Creator for partnership daily, to feel, open to, and express love. And to find the best expression of my soul. With persistence I've found success in this approach. It's like you don't have to try, you are in the flow so to speak. Everything is just easier. It's like being plugged into the battery charger vs running on battery power alone.

When people get to me though I have to do remote spirit releasment for myself. I can literally feel an anxiety, like I'm being siphoned on. It begins to change you're energy signature and before you know it you're seemingly getting kicked around from all directions. This technique has been a God send. I feel it lift from me and feel normal again.

Sorry if I'm jumping around. It seems this gentler, keep to myself approach is an expression that suits me. Keeps me out of trouble for the most part.

Then the other side of the coin. Certain people just won't like you. I stand in my truth still and have little to do with them. The darts don't stop though. Instigators find a way. Sometimes I forget that everybody wants love.

Which brings me back to being kind. Genuine kind, not fake. People can tell.
    "Without the human request, nothing will happen."

"This must never be forgotten, that the human has the power to prevail."

18. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Tyy1907 For This Post:

Bill Ryan (15th June 2022), ExomatrixTV (15th June 2022), Harmony (15th June 2022), Journeyman (16th June 2022), Mashika (17th June 2022), Mike (15th June 2022), onevoice (15th June 2022), Sue (Ayt) (15th June 2022), tessfreq (30th August 2022), Tigger (15th June 2022)

19. Link to Post #50
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,930 times in 428 posts

Quote Posted by Mashika (here)
    Some times, i see people who 100% all the time are very nice, never get angry, never argue, they never, ever say anything hard or act upon other people's actions
    Acting upon other people actions is not my cup of tea. Often it can just fuel their actions even more and it can make one feel quite righteous.

Righteousness - understand the DIFFERENCE between “being right” and “pushing your right onto someone else and making them wrong in the process”
    Is every mind connected to form a peer to peer network that creates the illusion of a shared reality, making the appearance of material reality a simulation created through shared beliefs?

20. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Isserley For This Post:

Bill Ryan (15th June 2022), ExomatrixTV (15th June 2022), Harmony (15th June 2022), Journeyman (16th June 2022), Mashika (17th June 2022), Mike (15th June 2022), onevoice (15th June 2022), Tigger (15th June 2022), Vangelo (15th June 2022)

21. Link to Post #51
    Language
    Thanks

Lightbulb Re: Being nice all the time is not being spiritual, or wise

Some "play nice" because "pretend feelings" that are not really there can trigger other "nice feelings" when colleagues, friends, family behave in a certain way they intended to steer/manipulate others to go a certain direction ... that kind of "nice feelings" is based upon deception towards oneself AND others ... If you do this long enough you may assume everybody is like that.

A "side effect" of this prolonged (self-deceptive) behavior is that they (sometimes) assume others are "some how" lying even when they telling the truth ... fascinating psychological mechanism!
    • In short: "playing nice" is actually manipulative behavior even when it is done with "good intentions".
    When people have to be dishonest towards themselves first to "fit in" they may use the phrase (I often hear people say verbally): "if I have to be completely honest" then apologizing they are actually allowing themselves to state or say something in complete honesty ... Seen as something "exceptional", which it shouldn't ... it should be completely common to be honest even if others do not "like" what you have to say. But that is my take on it.

I wonder if a person who only want to be "nice to others" no matter what ... is the opposite of spirituality ... because it feels like spiritual suicide to me ... Like you are not allowing yourself to show your true-self going through stages of all kinds of challenges we all can have or have to face.

Maybe, just maybe we all are spiritual beings coming from "higher dimensions" where lying is (near) impossible as everything is 100% transparent ... and some (vaguely) remember where we originally came from who were used to be pure and honest by default ... and in this context lying to oneself seems completely ridiculous ... But for an actor to be "believed" he or she has to believe the script as if it were real and through these believed emotions it represents it becomes an energy of its own ... like a template for many, a "powerful symbol".

So it is not only about being deceptive ... it is how it makes you feel and going with that for whatever reason ... and when others join that vibe they may seem "authentic" to you even if they are completely deceived! ... Whitewashed lies are "believed lies" registered as "truth" via any professional lie-detector >>> because the repeater of the lie is not aware it was a lie!
    • In my view, being genuine & authentic, free from any (hidden) agendas is really rare nowadays.
    cheers,
    John Kuhles aka 'ExomatrixTV'
    June 15th, 2022 🦜🦋🌳

reminder: there is no dispute about the word "nice" ... what we are talking about is "playing nice" ... that is something different
    Last edited by ExomatrixTV; 15th June 2022 at 11:56.
    No need to follow anyone, only consider broadening (y)our horizon of possibilities ...

22. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to ExomatrixTV For This Post:

Bill Ryan (15th June 2022), Harmony (15th June 2022), Journeyman (16th June 2022), Mashika (17th June 2022), Mike (15th June 2022), Tigger (15th June 2022), Vangelo (15th June 2022)

23. Link to Post #52
    Language
    Thanks

Even if you chose never to "act" nice (play nice) if you are not able to be nice ... does not mean you have to be a jerk using among others: over the top exaggerations, lying, misrepresentations, extreme shouting & yelling, willingly hurting people etc.
    • Choosing NOT to "act nice" is not the same as: "not be able to be genuine nice".
    Imagine that you allow yourself only to be really nice when you really mean it ... so that (almost) nobody questions your motives ... as you have proven yourself being consistent in being the real deal! ... Being in alignment how you really feel ... That means the (mutual) experience of that genuine niceness is far superior than anything else ... Most can actually feel/sense that difference.
    • If a cat or a dog is nice to you ... do you question its validity? ... of course not ... unless you do not give it food for days then you may question it ... maybe a perfect insight of the human condition.
    cheers,
    John 🦜🦋🌳
    Last edited by ExomatrixTV; 17th June 2022 at 13:24.

24. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to ExomatrixTV For This Post:

Bill Ryan (15th June 2022), Harmony (16th June 2022), Journeyman (16th June 2022), Mashika (17th June 2022), Matthew (15th June 2022), Mike (15th June 2022), O Donna (15th June 2022), Sue (Ayt) (16th June 2022), tessfreq (30th August 2022), Tigger (15th June 2022)

25. Link to Post #53
    Language
    Thanks

100% related:
    • Radical Honesty – What If We All Told The Truth?

Last edited by ExomatrixTV; 15th June 2022 at 12:20.

26. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to ExomatrixTV For This Post:

Bill Ryan (15th June 2022), Mashika (17th June 2022), Mike (15th June 2022), O Donna (15th June 2022), Simon Sparx (15th June 2022)

27. Link to Post #54
    Great Britain Avalon Member ian33's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,280 times in 463 posts

Quote Posted by ExomatrixTV (here)
    100% related:

not easy as people quite often don't believe you, which in effect is them thinking/ you are lying..
    then there is that it can upset people, who may accuse you of upsetting them as if that's the intention, no matter how careful you might try not to do that
    ..there are also people who like to take advantage of any truth that is revealed
    ..the world seems more and more set up to punish honesty, and reward deception

28. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ian33 For This Post:

Bill Ryan (15th June 2022), ExomatrixTV (15th June 2022), Mashika (17th June 2022), Mike (15th June 2022)

29. Link to Post #55
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 36,102 times in 4,060 posts

ps. Even if you chose never to "act" nice (play nice) if you are not able to be nice ... does not mean you have to be a jerk using among others: over the top exaggerations, lying, misrepresentations, extreme shouting & yelling, willingly hurting people etc.
    There is an implicit concept here; influencing model. It's a way to deconstruct and poke a stick at the meta-idea of why we post the content and how we would/could/should post our content, not just the content. It's not a totally ideal model though ...the concept of an influencing model can be constricting, and it takes something very complex and dumbs it down to crayon level nuances. However, it is also a way to differentiate one persons impact vs another's, and self-reflect on good and bad influencing attempts. If you don't think you're using an influencing model you are anyway.

If you don't want your words and thoughts to get into someone else's head why not just write your stuff in notepad and save it locally? And never post it online? We don't share opinions to have people hate and reject our opinions. Thinking of it like this, posting content for others to read, is kind of a type of negotiation. It's a negotiation but where you have no authority. Yet we see people say great words regularly, that influence us, here on this very forum. And you don't have to be nice to influence as MKUltra knows. Dale Carnegie wrote a famous book with an awful title about this, but the basic premise of his naff-titled book was the negotiation was going to be by somebody with authority, so Carnegie's paradigm is too old for our problem, and so sucks, even though he was bang on the money. Sometimes the best achievement possible for the day is to agree to differ. Basically I'm rabbiting on trying to say that it's not always what you do but how you do it that counts. It's not common to identify ones own influencing model. You got your influencing model from someone whether you knew you had one or not.

In the kingdom of the blind the one eyed man is king... lies!

In the kingdom of the blind the one eyed man is perceived as a lunatic, or just plain rude, unless they learn to fit in with idiots; if they have superior sight would they hide and cower? Or would they rule? Use their sight to learn influencing model basics, 5 step negotiation model basics and the classic change curve model, and they might stand a chance, and good luck to them! My 2 cents

30. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Matthew For This Post:

Bill Ryan (15th June 2022), ExomatrixTV (15th June 2022), Journeyman (16th June 2022), Mashika (17th June 2022), pabranno (15th June 2022)

31. Link to Post #56
    United States Avalon Member Chester's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 33,205 times in 5,691 posts

Quote Posted by Mashika (here)
    Some times, i see people who 100% all the time are very nice, never get angry, never argue, they never, ever say anything hard or act upon other people's actions

Somehow, this is identified as being a very spiritual person, or wise or something along those lines

But it is not, it's unnatural and bizarre, it's like 'a spiritual servant' to other people's energies. Someone who doesn't even try to change the order of some things is not a good person really, it opens some bad doors for behavior of others, if you think about it

Also this, if you are 100% of the time a very nice person, and never, ever get angry because of other people's actions, it just means that you are not growing at all, you have a 'wall of nice' around you, and as soon as you lose control over it you'll probably get a mental breakdown and end up in loony town

It makes a person vey bizarre, truly, because it should be normal that other people's actions make you angry or bothered, and you should be able to express it and then the other person, ideally, should be able to reason this and change something in them to avoid causing that bad effect on other people, or somehow talk about the issue, if this is avoided, then it's all fake, isn't it?

When i see people who always smile, even if something very bad happens, i don't think they are optimistic, i think they are a boiler about to explode, holding so much pressure that it becomes bizarre to watch, and the smile is like a human mask facade of some sort, it's not real, it's the opposite of truly being happy and of truly living life to the max

If you don't get upset or bothered by some things, then how do you truly enjoy peaceful moments, if you can't feel the intensity of life anymore? Sometimes going to the river and swimming means it may rain and then you did not get to swim the way you wanted, and it's ok to feel disappointed or bothered by it. It's how nature works, or maybe you twist your ankle in the rocks one second away from entering the water and then there's no swimming anymore, and that's how life works, and if you want to throw rocks at the water to get rid of the frustration so do it!

Not everything is a signal o or lesson from life, and not everything has a special meaning/purpose from the creator, and being 100% perfect spiritual and loving all the time is fake, that's not wisdom or anything but craziness waiting to happen

A twisted ankle hurts like hell, and there's no lesson there, it twisted because the person stepped on a rock and wasn't firm enough and now they day at the river is ruined, cry or yell and feel frustrated and then slowly walk home and take care of the pain somehow, and don't go smiling pretending that 'it's fine, other people must be suffering more' because it's not, it hurts like hell and what other people may be going through has nothing to do with your ruined day and current pain

Or you can end up like this lol

/rant
    Now THIS is a POST!!! Thank you, Mashika. I hope every member (and non-member lurker) reads contemplatively this post.
    All the above is all and only my opinion - all subject to change and not meant to be true for anyone else regardless of how I phrase it.

32. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Chester For This Post:

Bill Ryan (15th June 2022), ExomatrixTV (15th June 2022), Mashika (17th June 2022), Mike (15th June 2022)

33. Link to Post #57
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Jim_Duyer (here)
    People handle confrontation differently. My neighbor, who is suffering from the same foolish actions of another neighbor as I am, never gets angry about it. I got so steamed that I wanted to burn his house down. (He is stealing water from another neighbor who has no idea, and lets it fill a tank with no shut-off float. So when the 12,000 liter tank fills, its excess simply flows into the earth around it and is lost. We've asked him to either quit the theft or put a cheap float valve on it - he chooses to do neither). I eventually had to talk to a shrink about it - my blood pressure was getting too high, and I could not get it out of my thoughts. She told me something that I put into practice and will never forget. She said - Luke was not responsible for his dad, Darth Vader. Hitler's dad was not responsible for his son Adolf. Quit getting angry over the actions of others - it won't change things and it will not give you peace. That helped met to get over it after awhile. And now, both I and my close neighbor just smile and consider what an ass the other neighbor is - without raising our blood pressure. So see, some have figured out another way to handle things - perhaps they were once very angry and showed it?
    There would be ways in CR to deal with this... GET CREATIVE! I have plenty of ideas and have made them available through "the field" if you so desire to "look" at them. Pura Vida!
    All the above is all and only my opinion - all subject to change and not meant to be true for anyone else regardless of how I phrase it.

34. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Chester For This Post:

Bill Ryan (15th June 2022), Mashika (17th June 2022), Mike (15th June 2022)

35. Link to Post #58
    Language
    English
    Thanks

100% related:

Imagine what a fully telepathic reality experience might be like for all the denizens of that reality? It would be a maximal trust society. These denizens will have eliminated the barrier between their consciousness and their personal unconscious. Thus, my point/suggestion is, work to that - do that. And it all starts with radical self-honesty.

For those who accomplish this, dishonesty with self/others disappears as they also become fully telepathic.

The trick is for our attainment of a maximal trust society while retaining the single most important quality - individuality. We loose that, we lose the tension between competing ideas. We loose this tension, we lose the creative fire. We lose that and the life force dies.

This is why almost everyone alive today that thinks about this wants to revert to a traditional past. The few (like myself) who are future oriented, and we will bifurcate... indeed, we are doing so now.

36. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Chester For This Post:

Bill Ryan (15th June 2022), ExomatrixTV (15th June 2022), Mashika (17th June 2022), Merkaba360 (16th June 2022), Mike (15th June 2022), tessfreq (30th August 2022)

37. Link to Post #59
    Thanks
    Thanked 127,138 times in 13,482 posts

People handle confrontation differently. My neighbor, who is suffering from the same foolish actions of another neighbor as I am, never gets angry about it. I got so steamed that I wanted to burn his house down. (He is stealing water from another neighbor who has no idea, and lets it fill a tank with no shut-off float. So when the 12,000 liter tank fills, its excess simply flows into the earth around it and is lost. We've asked him to either quit the theft or put a cheap float valve on it - he chooses to do neither). I eventually had to talk to a shrink about it - my blood pressure was getting too high, and I could not get it out of my thoughts. She told me something that I put into practice and will never forget. She said - Luke was not responsible for his dad, Darth Vader. Hitler's dad was not responsible for his son Adolf. Quit getting angry over the actions of others - it won't change things and it will not give you peace. That helped met to get over it after awhile. And now, both I and my close neighbor just smile and consider what an ass the other neighbor is - without raising our blood pressure. So see, some have figured out another way to handle things - perhaps they were once very angry and showed it?
    I’m familiar with these situations, since I also live in Costa Rica.
    First of all, the whole country’s population is forced from birth to be really, really nice, in public, which leads to incredibly repressed individuals.
    It is in the collective culture.

They then let off their steam on their animals, and also there is a high ratio of domestic abuse. And many other hidden ways, like dumping garbage where they really should not, the way Bill described in another post.

There is also a streak of xenophobia, especially against Gringos, who dare to carry their anger on their sleeves. But this xenophobia comes out in indirect ways, it is never expressed as anger, rather they just try to avoid contact, or trip you up in other ways…or they could be predators who wish to go after your hard earned cash. And even those types are always really really nice when you meet them.

About the water issue…the best authority to involve is the local water company (ASADA OR AYA) and report the entie situation to them. They would immediately intervene, based on the fact that there is water being used that they have not yet put on a meter. Hence, lost earnings.
    We can’t have that now, can we?? Lol.

38. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to ulli For This Post:

Bill Ryan (15th June 2022), ExomatrixTV (15th June 2022), justntime2learn (16th June 2022), Mashika (17th June 2022), Mike (15th June 2022)

39. Link to Post #60
    Costa Rica Avalon Member
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,358 times in 545 posts

Quote Posted by ulli (here)
    I’m familiar with these situations, since I also live in Costa Rica.
    First of all, the whole country’s population is forced from birth to be really, really nice, in public, which leads to incredibly repressed individuals.
    It is in the collective culture.

They then let off their steam on their animals, and also there is a high ratio of domestic abuse. And many other hidden ways, like dumping garbage where they really should not, the way Bill described in another post.

There is also a streak of xenophobia, especially against Gringos, who dare to carry their anger on their sleeves. But this xenophobia comes out in indirect ways, it is never expressed as anger, rather they just try to avoid contact, or trip you up in other ways…or they could be predators who wish to go after your hard earned cash. And even those types are always really really nice when you meet them.

About the water issue…the best authority to involve is the local water company (ASADA OR AYA) and report the entie situation to them. They would immediately intervene, based on the fact that there is water being used that they have not yet put on a meter. Hence, lost earnings.
    We can’t have that now, can we?? Lol.
    In the last five years I have made friends with more people than I have in the previous twenty. The people in the mountains are the best, in my opinion. This is just an exception - he and his family moved up here from Limon about eight years ago, and they have been doing similar things for years. Including illegally cutting down trees all over the place, cutting them up and selling them elsewhere.

They had one of the wives elected to the school board last year, locally, and then she awarded a "contract" to her husband, who built shoddy coverings over the school playground, without permits, and basically stole all of our school funds.

The result? They transferred their kids to another district and go about their ways - enjoying the new flatbed truck they bought with the proceeds.
    All of them burn their garbage and plastic in a steel drum - even though we have garbage pickup nearby.
    They are just a mess.

Yes, you must have permission from the Ministry to have water rights - but they don't charge for that, and they don't put it on a meter. They simply verify your claims as to how much you need, and then give you a certificate for that amount. I have one myself, that's why I am familiar with it.

Because he is in the Municipal government, nothing was done when I reported the building of three houses without permits. They will be allowing him to pay a small fine, which is less than the amount that the permits would have cost.

I am now back in my take it easy mode. My friends up here got a big kick out of the angry gringo who complained about unfairness - and it went nowhere, just as they told me. They see the USA as a third world country much like their own, at least recently. Neither here nor in the USA does any of the law breakers get punished, as long as they are high enough up the ladder.

My friends tell me that I am actually lucky in a way - if you live next door to thieves and criminals they will almost never steal from you - it would bring too much heat to their home operations.

So, now I am back to take it easy, enjoy the day. Thanks for your reply.
    Last edited by Jim_Duyer; 15th June 2022 at 16:24.

40. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Jim_Duyer For This Post:

Bill Ryan (15th June 2022), ExomatrixTV (15th June 2022), Mashika (17th June 2022), Merkaba360 (16th June 2022), Mike (15th June 2022), ulli (15th June 2022)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 3 6 LastLast