+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Deja Vu and Deja Vu Adjacent

1. Link to Post #1
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,159 times in 1,663 posts

Default Deja Vu and Deja Vu Adjacent

Been having this periodic ongoing Deja Vu experience and thought a topic worthy of discussion.

The experience is mostly involving one person and mostly in verbal communication.

Wondering, is Deja Vu just a curiosity or is there an actionable element. Loose example: Lets say one knew they were dreaming (Lucid Dream) and since it is a dream they have agency to treat it in kind.

Have not found an explanation to write it off as something else such as willing a prediction to fit tendency.

At first unsettling and questioning thought processes but now that Deja Vu has made itself known on multiple occasions I am curious and wondering if it is a 'teachable moment(s)'. Always looking to explore every cornered of the classroom, per say.

Know I can search the internet for information surrounding the events but being a member on PA for awhile now, it is clear to me that there are members with experience in unusual happenings that may shed light on this.

But also, not a thread about my experience specifically, all things Deja Vu adjacent can land here. The runway is clear for landings for all types of air (craft).
    Last edited by O Donna; 20th June 2022 at 21:08. Reason: word correction lose to loose
    Knock Knock

2. The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to O Donna For This Post:

Blacklight43 (21st June 2022), Casey Claar (20th June 2022), Chip (20th June 2022), Craig (20th June 2022), Eagle Eye (21st June 2022), Ewan (21st June 2022), ExomatrixTV (21st June 2022), Harmony (21st June 2022), Inversion (20th June 2022), Johnnycomelately (22nd June 2022), Journeyman (21st June 2022), Kryztian (20th June 2022), Mark (Star Mariner) (21st June 2022), Orph (21st June 2022), Sunny-side-up (21st June 2022), Wind (21st June 2022)

3. Link to Post #2
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,948 times in 536 posts

Default Re: Deja Vu and Deja Vu Adjacent

Haven't felt it in years, probably lost that connection to the source. But was never in a position to learn from it, always, dam I have done this before...

4. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Craig For This Post:

Blacklight43 (21st June 2022), Ewan (21st June 2022), ExomatrixTV (21st June 2022), Harmony (21st June 2022), O Donna (21st June 2022), Orph (21st June 2022), Sunny-side-up (21st June 2022)

5. Link to Post #3
    Thanks

I've read people refer to it in movies and books etc. but never experienced it so vivid and personal.

Perception is reality meaning I assumed that since it has been conveyed in one version or another many times in culture that there is a possibility that others reading this would say "oh yeah, I've been there".

Or, Idk, maybe there is a stigma to revealing it in a public way. Mentioned it to a good friend with an open mind and she doesn't know quite what to say about it.

Could be like telling someone there is a entity/ spirit standing right next to them and describe in detail but no one else see it. How do you respond, "I believe you see it but I don't"?

Double peculiar. Peculiar experience jn its own right and peculiar making sense of, why now?
    Knock Knock

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to O Donna For This Post:

Ewan (21st June 2022), ExomatrixTV (21st June 2022), Harmony (21st June 2022), Sunny-side-up (21st June 2022)

7. Link to Post #4
    Albania Avalon Retired Member
    Language
    Albanian
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,902 times in 467 posts

There are two key moments in DejaVu: One is seeing a dream that draws your attention when you wake up and remembering it even it doesn't have a meaning at the time and the second one is after some time (maybe years) that event happen and it triggers the memory. It has happened so many times to ask myself are we living a "movie" already played, since we are able to see all those fragments of the future?
    Last edited by Eagle Eye; 21st June 2022 at 08:03.

8. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Eagle Eye For This Post:

ExomatrixTV (21st June 2022), Harmony (21st June 2022), O Donna (21st June 2022), Ricker (21st June 2022), selinam (21st June 2022), Sunny-side-up (21st June 2022)

9. Link to Post #5
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Eagle Eye (here)
    There are two key moments in DejaVu: One is seeing a dream that draws your attention when you wake up and remembering it even it doesn't have a meaning at the time and the second one is after some time (maybe years) that event happen and it triggers the memory. It has happened so many times to ask myself are we living a "movie" already played, since we are able to see all those fragments of the future?
    Many times over the years I have experienced the same thing. The passing away of friends or relatives, Peoples homes that I have never been in, and simple things like reaching for an object while someone's talking in the background. All very surrealistic to the point of giving my chills as I recall them.

Ricker

10. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Ricker For This Post:

Eagle Eye (21st June 2022), ExomatrixTV (21st June 2022), Harmony (22nd June 2022), O Donna (21st June 2022), selinam (21st June 2022)

11. Link to Post #6
    Thanks

Leaves an impression 'cause the flow of the day, on the surface, behaves like nothing is different. Like double taking a double take. I surmise it happens more often than spoken about. If not paying attention it probably can be missed/ misinterpreted. It can be that subtle.
    Knock Knock

12. The Following User Says Thank You to O Donna For This Post:

Harmony (22nd June 2022)

13. Link to Post #7
    United States Avalon Member Casey Claar's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,295 times in 764 posts

I have this interesting 'deja vu' kind of experience that has followed through my life. It is on the challenging side to relay but I will give it a go. It can happen at any time, and does happen at regular intervals ( when looking at my lifetime as a whole ). It is like I find myself stepping into a photo snapshot of a moment in my mind. I will not have the visual, or, rather be able to make sense of it until later when I actually step into it; at the onset of this phenomena I will just have the highly unique feeling that comes on me when it happens.

I will give an example to possibly make the phenomena more understandable. One time, way back in my past I was laying on my friends bed when I had the urge to stretch my back. I inched myself over to the side and hung myself over the edge so that what I was seeing was an upside down version of one particular and precise frame/area/view within the room. As I looked out into this frame, I instantaneously recognized it as one of my 'photo snapshots moments'. The unique feeling that lays at the basis of these experiences was coming over me in full effect. I had stepped into a moment that I had originally seen myself in, prior.

The reason I can make no sense of the frames originally, is because when the phenomena comes on, my current mind is stretching into a moment in the future and only a portion of this moment in the future is reaching my conscious state of awareness in the now. I will see light and shadow, shapes, patterns and ideas. Mostly I recognize the whole instance of this happening by the feeling that comes over me. A certain lightness of being, happiness, joy and bliss. Then I am back. The mundane returns and I go back to whatever it is I am doing.

The more I recognize the instance of this happening, the more the lightness of being and bliss can linger and I can move in it for a series of hours. Knowing what has just occurred, experiencing the wonder, aware that at some point in my life I will literally step into the moment just shown me and that when I do there will be a recognition. It is like I do this to keep myself on track, to let myself know I AM on track, that I am exactly where I am meant to be. There is a magic in this that is beyond what I can say. It is just so very good to know. And to never be so inclined as to step out of the knowing.

It has made my life a magical one indeed, full of fascination and wonder; lending an aptitude
    for the living of life in a perpetual state of wonder.

This opens the gates to the theta/alphas.

Joyously.
    Last edited by Casey Claar; 21st June 2022 at 22:39.
    "Love is what is left when you let go of everything you no longer need." —Raj

14. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Casey Claar For This Post:

Harmony (22nd June 2022), Johnnycomelately (22nd June 2022), O Donna (21st June 2022), Orph (21st June 2022)

15. Link to Post #8
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Casey Claar (here)

It has made my life a magical one indeed, full of fascination and wonder; lending an aptitude
    for the living of life in a perpetual state of wonder.

This opens the gates to the theta/alphas.

Joyously.
    Yes, thank you, I can sense that being a big part of the experience.

Words and imagery have their set limitation as you alluded to: "on the challenging side to relay"

Experience, on the other hand, trumps that every time.

Are we meant to (try to) understand what's going on or simply appreciate the gift 'as is'? Believe I answered my own question.

Understanding more about the power of simply observing. Example: The more I observe nature without the filter of scientific explanation the magic appears. Well....not appear, always been.
    Knock Knock

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to O Donna For This Post:

Casey Claar (22nd June 2022), Harmony (22nd June 2022), Johnnycomelately (22nd June 2022)

17. Link to Post #9
    Canada Avalon Member Johnnycomelately's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,745 times in 997 posts

Quote Posted by O Donna (here)
    Had a DV event a few days ago, been many years. Couldn’t make any more sense of it than before. It included a bunch of details /aspects in a scene that passed quickly (quickly, both in the initial and the recurrence). Nothing apparently significant in ‘content’; through that time, and since, I’ve dealt with important personal matters, and this event was just a curiosity.

Hey O Donna, why did you pick this image to start your thread? Seems pernicious, even harsh, a thing to imagine and draw. Poor cat! ~8(

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Johnnycomelately For This Post:

Harmony (22nd June 2022), O Donna (22nd June 2022)

19. Link to Post #10
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Johnnycomelately (here)
    Hey O Donna, why did you pick this image to start your thread? Seems pernicious, even harsh, a thing to imagine and draw. Poor cat! ~8(
    Cat(s)? Symbolic of Deja Vu.

Overlaping timeline
    Knock Knock

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to O Donna For This Post:

Harmony (22nd June 2022), Johnnycomelately (22nd June 2022)

21. Link to Post #11
    Canada Avalon Member Johnnycomelately's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,745 times in 997 posts

Quote Posted by o donna (here)
    Quote Posted by johnnycomelately (here)
    hey o donna, why did you pick this image to start your thread? Seems pernicious, even harsh, a thing to imagine and draw. Poor cat! ~8(
    cat(s)? Symbolic of deja vu.

Overlaping timeline
    ...ok.....
    Last edited by Johnnycomelately; 22nd June 2022 at 16:52.

22. Link to Post #12
    Thanks

Deja vu is the self connecting to a higher self (you) in 3d you see something which you know you have experienced or seen,touched,felt. As you connect to your higher self this bleed through of this higher self is reconnected. So you are manifesting that item/or said anomaly. Its the same when you have something disappear which you knew you had put it in a certain place but now can not be found anywhere.
    we each have many selves in many other dimensions on many levels, when one starts to react to other selves bringing in that manifestation then brings forth the others reality.
    Could be said the same as Mandella affect.
    It is our perception of separateness that causes all the woes we have in this world. What we do to one, we do to ourselves. There is NO separateness, only ONE-NESS.

23. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jacqui D For This Post:

Casey Claar (22nd June 2022), Harmony (22nd June 2022)

+ Reply to Thread