+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Harnessing kinetic energy of rotating mass.

1. Link to Post #1
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,108 times in 806 posts

Default Harnessing kinetic energy of rotating mass.

Can a 25W motor turn 100W generator to produce usable electric energy?
    According to the law of energy conservation is impossible.
    But the law of energy conversation law only applies to the close system where there is no exchange of energy with other systems.

Creating an open system does not violate the law of energy conservation. Will it?
    Let's assume there is a 25W motor connected to 100W generator.
    To turn the generator using 25W motor requires at least 5 times greater torque than the motor's static torque. It requires 75W energy or maybe more.

To create a open system, we need to add two components.
    Energy measurement unit and energy supply unit to the motor and generator assembly.
    The energy supply unit will turn the motor until the motor starts spinning the generator shaft.
    As the motor spins faster and faster, magnitude of dynamic torque from the motor and the generator reduces. Once it reaches the optimal rotation speed of the generator that produces around 90W of electric power, the input energy for the system becomes minimal (I estimate it's less than 25W due to the inertia of rotating mass effect).

This motor generator will produce 65W electric energy running by itself.

Adding extra rotating mass, i.e. metal flywheel to the system will reduce input energy consumption also.
    For free society!

2. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Hughe For This Post:

9ideon (17th July 2022), aemay (15th July 2022), Casey Claar (16th July 2022), ExomatrixTV (15th July 2022), Harmony (17th July 2022), Inversion (15th July 2022), Johnnycomelately (16th July 2022), Mark (Star Mariner) (17th July 2022), Sue (Ayt) (16th July 2022), thepainterdoug (15th July 2022)

3. Link to Post #2
    United States Avalon Member
    Thanks

Default Re: Harnessing kinetic energy of rotating mass.

Right. It would need proper sized pulleys and a weighted flywheel. Start up capacitors and a separate power supply for initial start up.
    Once the generator is making power it switches a relay that switches power from start supply to gen output to the electric motor. pretty easy in theory
    It would be running all by itself at that point.
    But.
    You cant run extra things off of it. You cant put a load on it. (lights, appliances etc) It takes power to make power and any addnl load on the generator would bog down the electric motor causing the gen to crash.
    There might be a way to use it for charging batteries or something but there will be no amps to spare.
    This is why gensets use gas motors, because gas motors have a governer that maintain steady rpm under load.
    The flywheel will buy you some time before it crashes but it always will eventually. You'd still need something to propel that flywheel. Think of it like a mechanical watch or a clock, It has to be rewound.
    I love to build and experiment with things like this. But Ive been down this road. The math is no good on this one.

4. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Dickrock For This Post:

Casey Claar (16th July 2022), ExomatrixTV (16th July 2022), Harmony (17th July 2022), Johnnycomelately (16th July 2022), Mark (Star Mariner) (17th July 2022), Orph (16th July 2022), Sue (Ayt) (16th July 2022)

5. Link to Post #3
    United States Moderator Sue (Ayt)'s Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,799 times in 2,586 posts

When I first read the thread title, Harnessing kinetic energy of rotating mass, I figured the post might be about the Earth itself.
    "We're all bozos on this bus"

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Sue (Ayt) For This Post:

ExomatrixTV (16th July 2022), Harmony (17th July 2022), Orph (16th July 2022), Snoweagle (18th July 2022)

7. Link to Post #4
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,108 times in 806 posts

@Dickrock

You don't need to study math for building a machine. Scientists and engineers use mathematics to refine or improve efficiency of real machines. Your description about impossibility of overunity power generator is based on close system. I'm sorry to say it.

F.M Chalkalis explains his overunity device harnesses gravity energy.
    F.M.CHALKALIS ENERGY MULTIPLIER

Ph. M. Kanarev explains his overunity device using new theory of physics he invented. The links contain MS-word files written in English.
    The Motor-Generator. Kanarev's self-rotating generator
    http://guns.connect.fi/innoplaza/ene...%20Secrets.zip

Energy Impulse Secrets.
    http://guns.connect.fi/innoplaza/ene...generator1.zip

I give credit to F.M Chalkalis and Ph. M. Kanarev. I'm using Systems Theory to explain the overunity devices.

The reason I opened this thread is because I have gotten tired of waiting for practical overunity devices over a decade.
    I just started a project to build a prototype motor-generator which would cost me less than few hundred dollars. It took years for me to build a workshop that have all necessary equipment and machines. I've studied and learned entire process of manufacturing a real machine. I don't need to rely on anybody at this point. (It is unfortunate circumstance) I do mathematics, electronics, physics, computer programming, 3D modeling, and sourcing parts and materials.

I plan to release everything from schematic and components once it will produce extra energy at least 3 to 5 times bigger than input energy. The power rating of prototype motor-generator will be lower than 200W. The practical motor-generator will have 500W to 1kW of usable electric energy.
    For free society!

8. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Hughe For This Post:

ExomatrixTV (16th July 2022), Harmony (17th July 2022), Mark (Star Mariner) (17th July 2022), Orph (16th July 2022), Snoweagle (18th July 2022)

9. Link to Post #5
    Canada Avalon Member Ernie Nemeth's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 36,612 times in 5,382 posts

There are many ways to approach this problem. There are ways to 'cheat' or 'game' the system. Ways where a savings or gain in one aspect of the problem overcomes the losses from another.

There are mechanical means to achieve the desired effect, as well as electrical, magnetic, and inertial, amongst others.

Theoretically, any system that exploits a delta differential sufficiently robust and scalable can be used to generate energy, that in turn can power a motor or a generator. The differential can be any field potential gradient, like thermal or magnetic or electric or nuclear. Or secondary effects like gravity gradients and inertial dynamics.

To get 'something for nothing' is a misconception. It isn't about getting 'more' than physically possible.

It is about understanding the problem and solving it based on simple first principles.

It can and has been done.

Directly to the op:
    Maybe a combination motor that starts on one set of windings and runs on another would allow some savings in energy.

Also, do not confuse the power unit, watts,
    with the work unit, hp, (horse power).
    There is a general equivalency (1hp = 746watts) but they are not the same thing and depend on the characteristics of the specific motor.

There is also the Bendini method of a feedback circuit and a battery arrangement that keeps a battery charged and runs a motor perpetually.

just some thoughts
    Empty your mind, be formless, shapeless — like water...Now water can flow or it can crash. Be water, my friend. Bruce Lee

Free will can only be as free as the mind that conceives it.

10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Ernie Nemeth For This Post:

ExomatrixTV (16th July 2022), Harmony (17th July 2022), Mark (Star Mariner) (17th July 2022), Orph (16th July 2022)

11. Link to Post #6
    Netherlands Avalon Member ExomatrixTV's Avatar
    Language
    English, Dutch, German, Limburgs
    Thanks
    Thanked 127,129 times in 21,069 posts

Lightbulb Re: Harnessing kinetic energy of rotating mass.

Even if there are 1000+ hoaxes worldwide to cover up and/or distract us from the real one ... that alone is worth our time to keep on searching for it
    • But in reality the number of real ones may be much higher than we think. I am optimistic on this one.
    cheers,
    John Kuhles 🦜🦋🌳
    Last edited by ExomatrixTV; 17th July 2022 at 10:47.
    No need to follow anyone, only consider broadening (y)our horizon of possibilities ...

12. The Following User Says Thank You to ExomatrixTV For This Post:

Harmony (17th July 2022)

13. Link to Post #7
    Canada Avalon Member Johnnycomelately's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,738 times in 997 posts

Quote Posted by Sue (Ayt) (here)
    When I first read the thread title, Harnessing kinetic energy of rotating mass, I figured the post might be about the Earth itself.
    Earth’s rotation decreases the rocket energy required for an eastward orbit, Likewise, there is a penalty for westward orbits.

My first take on the title was Spinlaunch:

14. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Johnnycomelately For This Post:

Ernie Nemeth (16th July 2022), ExomatrixTV (17th July 2022), Harmony (17th July 2022), Orph (16th July 2022)

15. Link to Post #8
    Philippines Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,268 times in 2,725 posts

What happened when kenetic energy is used up. Like when your riding a bicycle downhill then came to the horizontal road.
    If you want an overunity device think of a way to punch a hole in the eather and have something ready to catch the endless flow of energy. Tesla said. THETE IS ENERGY ANYWHERE IN SPACE.

16. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Bubu For This Post:

Ernie Nemeth (12th August 2022), ExomatrixTV (17th July 2022), Harmony (17th July 2022), TEOTWAIKI (17th July 2022)

17. Link to Post #9
    Language
    Thanks

Question Re: Harnessing kinetic energy of rotating mass.

Quote Posted by Bubu (here)
    What happened when kenetic energy is used up. Like when your riding a bicycle downhill then came to the horizontal road.
    If you want an overunity device think of a way to punch a hole in the eather and have something ready to catch the endless flow of energy. Tesla said. THETE IS ENERGY ANYWHERE IN SPACE.
    No need to follow anyone, only consider broadening (y)our horizon of possibilities ...

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ExomatrixTV For This Post:

Ernie Nemeth (12th August 2022), Harmony (17th July 2022)

19. Link to Post #10
    Thanks

Quote Posted by ExomatrixTV (here)
    I would advise everyone to never consult wikipedia when it comes to free or cheap energy. Energy could be the most precious comodity to the masses. That is why they did everything to suppress free energy devise. From formal education science books wikirfedia and all. They promote the notion that free energy is imposible. Anyone who believes that has no chance of discovering a free energy device. Of course. If tomorow the elite group lost control of world affairs the next day I would embark on a hunt for free energy device.

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bubu For This Post:

Ernie Nemeth (12th August 2022), Harmony (13th August 2022)

21. Link to Post #11
    Thanks

"can a 25 w motor turn a 100w generator to produce usable electrical energy"
    Yes, youd probably have a 10w usable electrical energy and never more than 25w.

22. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bubu For This Post:

23. Link to Post #12
    Language
    Thanks

Quote Posted by ExomatrixTV (here)
    I would advise everyone to never consult wikipedia when it comes to free or cheap energy. Energy could be the most precious comodity to the masses. That is why they did everything to suppress free energy devise. From formal education science books wikipedia and all. They promote the notion that free energy is imposible. Anyone who believes that has no chance of discovering a free energy device. Of course. If tomorow the elite group lost control of world affairs the next day I would embark on a hunt for free energy device.

I use wikipedia NOT because they have the ultimate end all be all "insights" of anything ... I just use wikipedia for people who do not know anything about the basics what I am talking about NOT assuming they are always correct nor that they have the "last word" they don't ...

Am 100% aware of mass censorship & tunnel vision propaganda on wikipedia concerning ANY controversial topic ... but it can also be used to show "how most of the world" (mainstream) interprets certain "keywords" or "key phrases" ... then we can add our own insights & views ... In short it is just a reference point to show what I am talking about that can lead to much deeper discussions that is beyond wikipedia! ... People who know me longer knows this.

cheers,
    John 🦜🦋🌳
    Last edited by ExomatrixTV; 20th July 2022 at 13:42.

24. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ExomatrixTV For This Post:

25. Link to Post #13
    Canada Avalon Member Ernie Nemeth's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 36,612 times in 5,382 posts

The Casimir effect is a good example of the precision required to coax an influx of electrons out of the vacuum.

The plates would have to be very close together, perhaps to tolerances of a millionth of an inch and more. To get two plates that smooth and then bring them very, very close together while ensuring their surfaces are perfectly parallel is a feat of modern technology in itself.

What you have to accomplish is to lower the two surfaces toward each other, without touching, until the gap between them is within the probability cloud of virtual particles. That's where the quantum fluctuations can be exploited to advantage...
    Empty your mind, be formless, shapeless — like water...Now water can flow or it can crash. Be water, my friend. Bruce Lee

Free will can only be as free as the mind that conceives it.

26. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Ernie Nemeth For This Post:

Bald (11th January 2024), Bubu (13th August 2022), Harmony (13th August 2022)

+ Reply to Thread