+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Indiana mall hero Elisjsha Dicken returned fire just 15 seconds into mass shooting and other times mass shooters were stopped by Armed Citizens

1. Link to Post #1
    United States Avalon Retired Member
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,546 times in 2,065 posts

Default Indiana mall hero Elisjsha Dicken returned fire just 15 seconds into mass shooting and other times mass shooters were stopped by Armed Citizens

Indiana mall hero Elisjsha Dicken returned fire neutralizing gunman
    just 15 seconds into mass shooting

“This error was simply a result of misreading notes during the [press] conference,” Ison said Tuesday. “I feel the need to correct this immediately.”

Sapirman killed three people. A husband and wife from Indianapolis — Pedro Pineda, 56, and Rosa Mirian Rivera de Pineda, 37 — as well as Victor Gomez, 30, were identified as the fatalities.

Police said Monday that Dicken shot at Sapirman from a distance, firing 10 rounds from a handgun after Sapirman emerged from a restroom with a rifle and opened fire on people at a nearby food court."

Sapirman allegedly killed three people in the Indiana shopping mall on Sunday.
    AP Photo/Greenwood Police Department via AP

"The gunman attempted to retreat into the bathroom to take cover, but was struck by Dicken’s bullets and fell to the floor.

Sapirman ultimately died from his wounds.

“The surveillance video shows Sapirman exit the restroom at 5:56:48 p.m.,” Ison said. “He was neutralized by Dicken at 5:57:03 p.m.”

A lawyer for Dicken said Monday that his client wouldn’t be making any comments until police had completed their investigation.

“Because we want to respect the ongoing criminal investigation by the Greenwood Police Department and take time to honor the three innocent lives lost, we won’t be making any substantive comments on Sunday’s events until after the authorities’ investigation is closed,” attorney Guy Relford said in a statement."

Armed bystander Elisjsha Dicken fatally shot gunman Jonathan Sapirman in just 15 seconds after the shooting started at Greenwood Park Mall, it was revealed Tuesday.

"Relford, a firearms instructor and attorney whose practice focuses on Second Amendment issues, praised his client’s actions.

“He is a true American hero who saved countless lives during a horrific event that could have been so much worse if not for Eli’s courage, preparedness and willingness to protect others,” Relford said."

source: https://nypost.com/2022/07/19/indian...into-shooting/

this is an incredible example of how being armed provides DEFENSE and SAVES LIVES whereas NOT being armed would have left an entire community of bystanders defenseless and most likely dead

i can't even imagine the mother's whose offspring had left for an ordinary outing and would have had their lives terminated and completely defenseless had this hero not been armed and neutralized the perpetrator in just 15 seconds!

may the 3 who lost their lives rest in peace

Last edited by iota; 21st July 2022 at 21:07. Reason: modified heading
    We should defend our way of life
    to an extent that any attempt on it is crushed,

so that any adversary
    will never make such an attempt in the future.

2. The Following 26 Users Say Thank You to iota For This Post:

9ideon (21st July 2022), AlaBil (21st July 2022), ClearWater (21st July 2022), Denise/Dizi (22nd July 2022), DNA (22nd July 2022), Ernie Nemeth (21st July 2022), ExomatrixTV (21st July 2022), Gwin Ru (21st July 2022), Ivanhoe (21st July 2022), Jambo (23rd July 2022), Johnnycomelately (21st July 2022), Kryztian (21st July 2022), mojo (22nd July 2022), mountain_jim (21st July 2022), Nasu (22nd July 2022), O Donna (21st July 2022), onevoice (21st July 2022), pyrangello (21st July 2022), Reinhard (21st July 2022), Sadieblue (23rd July 2022), Satori (21st July 2022), selinam (21st July 2022), Sunny-side-up (21st July 2022), Vangelo (21st July 2022), Vicus (22nd July 2022), wondering (21st July 2022)

3. Link to Post #2
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Default Re: Indiana mall hero Elisjsha Dicken returned fire just 15 seconds into mass shooting and other times mass shooters were stopped by Armed Citizens

and the polarizing views have already begun posturing on opposite sides

however, here both the mayor and chief of police praised him as a hero,

Chief Jim Ison said he had no doubt the Good Samaritan's actions saved lives.

his actions were nothing short of hero

he engaged the gunman from quite a distance with a handgun

he was very proficient in that

very tactically sound

and as he moved to close in on the suspect,

he was also motioning for people to exit behind him"

an opposing view

Brady president calls armed civilian who stopped yesterday's mall shooting

a "vigilante."

while others countered and pointed out:

"Hero of Indiana mall shooting returned fire fatally struck gunman J Sapirman 15 seconds after carnage began,

Armed bystander Elisjsha Dicken saved countless lives when he opened fire on Sapirman in Greenwood Park Mall moments after gunman stepped out of a bathroom."

i'm not certain of the origins nor the entire scope of the story yet ..

though i believe 4 Chan has already released information

all i know is that if this incident was coordinated and intended to cast a shadow on the Second Amendment?

it highlighted the benefits and need to preserve the Second Amendment rights instead

another win! yay!

Last edited by iota; 21st July 2022 at 18:11. Reason: added tweets and format

so that any adversary

4. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to iota For This Post:

9ideon (21st July 2022), ClearWater (21st July 2022), Denise/Dizi (22nd July 2022), DNA (22nd July 2022), Gwin Ru (21st July 2022), mojo (22nd July 2022), Nasu (22nd July 2022), O Donna (21st July 2022), onevoice (21st July 2022), pyrangello (21st July 2022), Sadieblue (23rd July 2022), Vicus (22nd July 2022), wondering (21st July 2022)

5. Link to Post #3
    United States Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 18,992 times in 2,110 posts

Default Re: Indiana mall hero Elisjsha Dicken returned fire just 15 seconds into mass shooting and other times mass shooters were stopped by Armed Citizens

This young man who stepped up in defence of unarmed people should be praised for his courage .He shot that piece of crap 8 times out of 10 bullets being shot at 40 yards with a handgun . That takes quite a bit of composure and skill. I like so many others have a permit to carry legally and have done so for years. Theatres, restaurants and public places I always have my 9mm tucked away and you would never know it which is the way it should be. I hope I never have to use my firearm but as the state trooper said in my concealed carry class " nobody wants to shoot another human being ,but at the end of the day its better to be judged by a jury of 12 than to be carried in a coffin by 8! ".

As our society creates more disturbed individuals by desensitizing some kids with lack of personal interaction with people due to being on social media and some very disturbing sites along with the intake of physcotropic prescription drugs or illegal drugs , pile onto that lack of guidance and love by their parents. That's a combination of a disaster in the making.

Unfortunately since time has begun, there will always be bad and good people on the earth. That will never change ,, having a right to protect yourself and others should that be needed is a decision i made long ago.

6. The Following 19 Users Say Thank You to pyrangello For This Post:

bobme (23rd July 2022), ClearWater (21st July 2022), Denise/Dizi (22nd July 2022), DNA (22nd July 2022), East Sun (21st July 2022), Gwin Ru (21st July 2022), iota (21st July 2022), Ivanhoe (21st July 2022), mojo (22nd July 2022), mountain_jim (21st July 2022), Nasu (22nd July 2022), O Donna (21st July 2022), onevoice (21st July 2022), Orph (21st July 2022), Reinhard (21st July 2022), Sadieblue (23rd July 2022), Sunny (21st July 2022), Vicus (22nd July 2022), wondering (21st July 2022)

7. Link to Post #4
    Netherlands Avalon Member ExomatrixTV's Avatar
    Language
    English, Dutch, German, Limburgs
    Thanks
    Thanked 127,271 times in 21,090 posts

Source: https://www.bitchute.com/video/fnqkcAy22BnM

¤=[Post Update]=¤
    • The Hero Next Door: Young Man with a Concealed Handgun Stops Mass-Shooting Slaughter:

• Greenwood City Press Conference – All Comments About Elisjsha Dicken, Hero Who Stopped Mass Murderer:

• In Focus - The Good Guy with a Gun Who Saved Countless Lives:

Last edited by ExomatrixTV; 21st July 2022 at 12:16.
    No need to follow anyone, only consider broadening (y)our horizon of possibilities ...

8. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to ExomatrixTV For This Post:

ClearWater (21st July 2022), DNA (22nd July 2022), iota (21st July 2022), Ivanhoe (21st July 2022), mojo (22nd July 2022), Nasu (22nd July 2022), O Donna (21st July 2022), onevoice (21st July 2022), Vicus (22nd July 2022), wondering (21st July 2022)

9. Link to Post #5
    Greece Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,019 times in 284 posts

Praising the need for guns because of the increased violence is like wishing for more cameras, internet tracking and a stronger police state to fight terrorism.

It's a classis Problem-Reaction-Solution phenomenon, but when it hurts our ego, we don't want to see that we've become the sheep.

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ZenBaller For This Post:

42 (21st July 2022), loungelizard (23rd July 2022), wondering (21st July 2022)

11. Link to Post #6
    Thanks

Didnt praise the need for guns, guns don't kill people, people kill people. Unless we can get rid of all of bad people there will always be crimes against honest people. Killing someone with a knife, car, drugs , or a baseball bat, there are just bad people out there. And my Ego is not, I dont hunt any animal and I stop and pick up turtles when there trying to cross the road, if there is a stray dog in my neighborhood I stop and put it in my truck and find its owner. I picked up a st. bernard on the freeway one time, heavy dude and did track down its owner.

I did however praise that young man to have the courage to even walk directly towards someone who is shooting and killing people right in front of him and to try and stop it and he did . And now the cowardly bad guy is dead, no trial , no doctors giving cross examination why he did what he did. He's done and gone, another bad person removed to do no more harm or waste human resources. BTW Condolences to the 3 people who did die, the innocent people who just wanted to go shopping for the day, there is the tragedy , condolences to their families very much .

As for me being a legal carry, you really forget its even around you after a while, just like putting shoes on in the morning. And I don't keep it with me all the time, I'm not paranoid either. But sure in a public venue these days with people I don't even know in larger crowds , yep just as buying insurance, just in case.

12. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to pyrangello For This Post:

ClearWater (21st July 2022), Denise/Dizi (22nd July 2022), DNA (22nd July 2022), iota (21st July 2022), mojo (22nd July 2022), Nasu (22nd July 2022), O Donna (21st July 2022), onevoice (21st July 2022), Vicus (22nd July 2022), wondering (21st July 2022)

13. Link to Post #7
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Quote Posted by ZenBaller (here)
    Praising the need for guns because of the increased violence is like wishing for more cameras, internet tracking and a stronger police state to fight terrorism.

It's a classis Problem-Reaction-Solution phenomenon, but when it hurts our ego, we don't want to see that we've become the sheep.

forgive me, but is that a joke?

because the logic isn't just flawed

i honestly? don't see it at all

do you have a wife? children? property?

values you cherish?

NOT suicidal?

because if you have ANY of the above?

then you ABSOLUTELY praise the guy with the gun ready to use it TO protect you

from what YOU just specifically stated:

because of the increased violence
    the RIGHT to bear arms has MULTIPLE valid reasons

that require NEITHER defense NOR justification

there are so many in fact, i hadn't actually considered the one YOU just named

because of the increased violence

but SINCE you brought it up?

YES !!! because of the increased violence

we NOW find ourselves with an ADDITIONAL reason to be in NEED of protection

i would love it if the increased violence

COULD be repelled with a hug

or maybe a water balloon

but BY virtue of what YOU brought up? increased violence?

a simple smile?

JUST saying "NO!" ?

isn't likely to abate it

if my mother is about to killed?

or assaulted? or experience increased violence in ANY form?

do i want to be standing next to you? > unarmed?

and do what? just twiddle my thumbs? or smile weakly in hope?

or do i want to be standing next to someone (like Pyrangello) who IS armed?

so that i or my armed companion can say?

i get you THOUGHT

increased violence was a good idea ...

most likely because it did NOT occur to you

that i would be able to defend against it

UNFORTUNATELY?

not such a good idea after all ..

because .. we don't feel like being helpless or vulnerable

to increased violence?

so .. sorry .... that's not happening today!"

i'd be happy to post a couple of examples of this increased violence? you brought up

ALONG with how death was averted

yes, LIVES were saved because someone armed stepped in

Colonial Heights, Tennessee, February 13, 2019

A shooting at a dentist office in Colonial Heights, Tennessee was stopped by Larry Seagroves, a concealed handgun permit holder. After the killer, Harry Weaver, fatally shot one person, Kelly Weaver, his wife, he turned his gun on other people in the office.

One of them, a dental hygienist, Sabrina Steal, said: “then he raised a gun to shoot me” (see video). Larry Seagroves shot the killer, wounding him before he could shoot these other people. After the attack, Harry Weaver told the police:

WJHL TV Channel 11 in Johnson City, Tennessee reports:

“It was just a horrific situation that police said could have possibly been even worse

if a patient at that dentist office didn’t take action.

We are talking about a man identified as Larry Seagroves, a man with a carry permit.

Sullivan County Sheriff Jeff Cassidy said:

“He was a concealed carry permit holder and I’m going to call him a hero today.”
    The court hearing reported in the video took place on March 22, 2019. More information is available here.

i've got DOZENS of these ...

but listen ... i respect your choice to stand there unarmed

cross your fingers and hope for the best

despite the fact that YOU are the one who pointed out that INDEED we are living in a time of:

increased violence?

but please respect MY choice to increase MY chances of survival and of those i care about

NOT put myself (us) in a vulnerable position without recourse

and i see NO need to provide explanation or justification

anymore than i would ask you to justify YOUR choice

i'll leave it to you to see what you come up with as a solution when faced WITH

increased violence?

and only seconds to react

the OP is of an incident that took place in JUST 15 SECONDS

and IN those 15 SECONDS?

3 were fatally shot

he had HUNDREDS of bullets

can't even think of HOW many more would have been fatally wounded in let's say 20 minutes?

Last edited by iota; 21st July 2022 at 21:06. Reason: format changes iand softened my mother's possible fate

so that any adversary

14. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to iota For This Post:

bobme (23rd July 2022), ClearWater (21st July 2022), Denise/Dizi (22nd July 2022), DNA (22nd July 2022), mojo (22nd July 2022), Nasu (22nd July 2022), O Donna (21st July 2022), onevoice (21st July 2022), pyrangello (21st July 2022), Siphonemis (23rd July 2022), Vicus (22nd July 2022), wondering (21st July 2022)

15. Link to Post #8
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,159 times in 1,663 posts

Genie is not going back in the bottle but let’s make it look like we can by outlawing guns.

Which house cat is safer to roam the neighborhood, the clawed or declawed? The wild cat is really hoping the conventional wisdom will vote, declawed.
    Knock Knock

16. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to O Donna For This Post:

Ami (21st July 2022), ClearWater (21st July 2022), Denise/Dizi (22nd July 2022), DNA (22nd July 2022), iota (21st July 2022), Nasu (22nd July 2022), pyrangello (21st July 2022), Vicus (22nd July 2022), wondering (21st July 2022)

17. Link to Post #9
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Quote Posted by O Donna (here)
    Genie is not going back in the bottle but let’s make it look like we can by outlawing guns.

Which house cat is safer to roam the neighborhood, the clawed or declawed? The wild cat is really hoping the conventional wisdom will vote, declawed.
    it took me a very long time of being alive before i finally accepted

"putting my fate in the hands of others?

is NOT a great idea"

ok .. THAT .. and the fact i was a Girl Scout and they taught me to:

"be prepared!"

we must realize that it is OUR responsibility to take appropriate measures to protect what we value

lest we suffer the consequences for failing to do so

Last edited by iota; 21st July 2022 at 20:05.

so that any adversary

18. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to iota For This Post:

ClearWater (21st July 2022), Denise/Dizi (22nd July 2022), DNA (22nd July 2022), mojo (22nd July 2022), Nasu (22nd July 2022), O Donna (21st July 2022), pyrangello (22nd July 2022)

19. Link to Post #10
    Language
    English
    Thanks

these images came from 4 CHAN within 30 minutes of the tragedy

it gives an insight into the preparations that the perpetrator took prior the tragedy he caused

and gives credence to the supposition of methodical premeditation

so very grateful for the timely intervention that spared many more lives
    Last edited by iota; 21st July 2022 at 18:28. Reason: added second tweet

so that any adversary

20. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to iota For This Post:

ClearWater (21st July 2022), DNA (22nd July 2022), mojo (22nd July 2022), Nasu (22nd July 2022), O Donna (21st July 2022), pyrangello (22nd July 2022)

21. Link to Post #11
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,159 times in 1,663 posts

Quote Posted by iota (here)

it is OUR responsibility to take appropriate measures to protect what we value

(Fortunately) I know what you mean. It took me awhile as well. In fact the full scope of what that means has not been realized emotionally. Wanting the best for those around does not always translate inversely, it seems. Specifically, I was always brought up to trust Family and to a degree close family friends and neighbors but recently I've started to see the display of retractable claws due to greed. So much so that I start to doubt ever really knowing them but I digress.....

Head in the sand doesn't make us safer. The only thing it does is prevent us from seeing what's coming. Prefer to doubt my eyes on what's coming but did that ever stop anything?

Be prepared is an ongoing mantra on PA. Admire the people that have learned and offer the knowledge they've learned in this fraying world.
    Last edited by O Donna; 21st July 2022 at 17:23.
    Knock Knock

22. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to O Donna For This Post:

ClearWater (21st July 2022), DNA (22nd July 2022), iota (21st July 2022), mojo (22nd July 2022), Nasu (22nd July 2022), onevoice (21st July 2022), pyrangello (22nd July 2022), Vicus (22nd July 2022)

23. Link to Post #12
    Language
    English
    Thanks

this particular incident has personal significance as my son was in Louisville at the time

i had lost Joshie the year before

i would have completely lost my mind if my other son had been murdered the very next year

Kroger Shooter Sentenced To Life In Prison Over Hate Crime

"Louisville, Kentucky, Wednesday, October 24, 2018

"The national media has picked up on this story because of the killer, Gregory Bush, is racist, but they are ignoring the fact that a white civilian with a concealed handgun permit stopped the attack.

Both the people murdered at the Koger — Maurice Stallard, 69, and Vickie Jones, 67 — were black. Bush had apparently tried to do an attack at a black church before shooting blacks at the Kroger indicates he was trying to kill as many blacks as possible and that the number of blacks killed could have been much worse if it wasn’t for the concealed handgun permit holder.

The Louisville Courier Journal reports that after Bush had visited the church:

The first call came into MetroSafe at 2:54 p.m. reporting that shots were fired inside the store. There were reports of “multiple injuries.” . . .

According to the Jeffersontown police, the suspect, Gregory Alan Bush, entered the grocery store and “gunned down” the first victim, and then exited the store where he killed the second victim.

While in the parking lot, a citizen who possessed a concealed carry permit engaged with the suspect, according to Jeffersontown police.

“Multiple rounds were fired by both the suspect and the intervening citizen,” Jeffersontown police wrote in a statement.

“Neither the suspect nor the involved citizen, nor any other bystanders were injured with this exchange of gunfire.”

please note: prior to the massacre? a judge had prohibited Bush from having a gun

this further solidifies the caveat most acknowledge to be true

"Laws are only followed by law abiding citizens"

therefore, outlawing the very effective way we have to protect ourselves

will only serve to place us in a vulnerable position of danger

so that any adversary

24. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to iota For This Post:

ClearWater (21st July 2022), DNA (22nd July 2022), mojo (22nd July 2022), Nasu (22nd July 2022), O Donna (21st July 2022), pyrangello (22nd July 2022)

25. Link to Post #13
    Language
    English
    Thanks

'HERO' ‘Good Samaritan’ Elisjsha Dicken who shot dead Indiana shooter pictured after gunman Jonathan Sapirman’s deadly rampage

In a Monday press conference, Greenwood Police Chief Jim Ison said that Sapirman had been in the mall restroom for over an hour before he began shooting, reported WRTV. Ison added that “it took about two minutes for the suspect to leave the bathroom and start shooting before he was shot by the armed civilian.”

While the loss of even one life, let alone three (and Sapirman’s), is a tragedy, “police said the toll could have been higher if not for the actions of [the] armed civilian,” WRTV wrote.

“The real hero of the day is the citizen that was lawfully carrying a firearm in that food court and was able to stop the shooter almost as soon as it began,” said Ison.

That citizen, later identified as 22-year-old Elisjsha Dicken of Seymour, Indiana, “authorized police to release his name but is asking for privacy as he still processes what happened,” WRTV reported elsewhere."

Police have identified the Greenwood Park Mall shooter as Jonathan Douglas Sapirman, 20

"When Sapirman’s shooting spree commenced, “panicked mall goers ran for cover,” recounted WRTV. “Many sought shelter alongside employees in various stores and shops walled off from the main mall by rolling metal gates.”

Chris Roy, assistant manager of the mall’s Vans store, told the Indianapolis Star that he was just about to close for the day when he saw people running away from the food court.

“So, I jumped over the counter, locked the door, gathered my associates and other managers at the back door,” said Roy, 30.

They hadn’t heard gunshots, but Roy said they saw enough people running to not ask questions. Through the back door they huddled in an interior hallway with about 40 or 50 other people — mostly customers from other stores, Roy said. That hallway didn’t have an exterior exit, so they waited for police to come clear them, he said. Roy and another man tried to keep everyone calm, but occasional footsteps on the other side of one of the connecting doors sent panic through the group.

“We just instructed everybody to keep quiet,” he said.

After 10 or 15 minutes, police cleared them from the hallway and escorted them out of the mall.

Detectives found a backpack in the mall bathroom, but it was found to be harmless.

Police are still searching for a motive in the case. The Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) is trying to recover data from Sapirman’s cellphone, which agents found in a mall toilet, and laptop, which was in an oven at his home, where Sapirman was trying to destroy it, having placed butane in the oven and turned it on.

Ison said Sapirman “had no known mental health problems,” but, “as a juvenile, he had some previous incidents with the Greenwood Police Department,” noted WRTV. The latter, however, did not prevent him from legally obtaining the weapons he took into the mall.

Gun-control advocates, naturally, took the occasion to blame firearms for the incident and call for stricter gun laws. Representative Eric Swalwell (D-Calif.), who once threatened to nuke Americans who wouldn’t give up their guns, decried that “too many families … again lost a loved one because we are a country of unrestricted weaponry.”

Others, though, recognized

that humans are responsible for their actions

and that those who employ guns to protect lives should be honored"
    article source: https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/192317...ooter-indiana/

many here may not be aware that this touches upon a very personal nerve with me

i was not the victim of a shooting ..

but i was stabbed ... 17 times ..

a victim of a random act of violence, just like the one i'm posting about

so ... ii have a pretty CLEAR understanding of such an experience

enought to point out that :

NO ONE has the right to determine for another

what ARE or are NOT appropriate steps to protect their life and that of their loved ones

period

my story can be read here
    Last edited by iota; 24th July 2022 at 18:30.

so that any adversary

26. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to iota For This Post:

ClearWater (22nd July 2022), DNA (22nd July 2022), Johnnycomelately (22nd July 2022), mojo (22nd July 2022), Nasu (22nd July 2022), O Donna (22nd July 2022), onevoice (22nd July 2022), pyrangello (22nd July 2022), wondering (23rd July 2022)

27. Link to Post #14
    Thanks

I have a very close friend of my family, she was running her small store in a rural area, this 60 year old man walked in and stabbed her 23 times , head , arms everywhere, so much blood thru the store they threw everything away. She lived and did have he r day in court. Made the s.o.b. look at her in the courtroom.life sentence. No motive for what he did which was crazy. Lola God bless ya and stay the course, your spot on.

Zen baller from Greece, everyone's opinion is welcome here in Avalon but I hope you get to digest others.We come from so many backgrounds and experiences here. I understand that there are many who will have nothing to do with a firearm let alone carry one around and that's perfectly fine and I respect that. But the same respect should be given to those who choose to carry a firearm legally ,who would just like this young man did, instead of running for his own safety he decided to end it for people he didn't even know as I would have done the same thing. I don't have a death wish but I certainly wouldn't just stand there and watch people get shot if I had the means to stop it. You cross that hurdle the day you decide to start carrying a firearm . It never gets shown unless you intend to use it period.

As for Chicago, 27000 police in the city, that means 9000 cops on duty at a time. 100,000 gang members do the math and throw in the open borders to our country. Over 400,000 emergency 911 calls never got answered last year. And this is just the beginning,it's very sad , I love chicago. Now the police chief told all officers not to chase anybody that's running.

28. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to pyrangello For This Post:

DNA (22nd July 2022), iota (22nd July 2022), Johnnycomelately (22nd July 2022), Nasu (22nd July 2022), O Donna (22nd July 2022), onevoice (22nd July 2022)

29. Link to Post #15
    Language
    English
    Thanks

**UPDATED**

and now a Representative was almost assassinated

NY GOP gubernatorial nominee Lee Zeldin

Attempted Assassinated At Speech -

as Man With Knife Rushed Stage

NY Post reports:

"ee Zeldin, the Republican candidate for New York governor, was attacked during a campaign stop near Rochester in upstate Monroe County on Thursday night — but escaped injury and managed to finish his speech.

Zeldin, also a sitting US congressman from Long Island, was campaigning at the Veterans of Foreign Wars post in Perinton when a man jumped on stage and lunged toward the lawmaker with an unknown weapon, according to witnesses and video of the incident.

“I saw that he [was] approaching the congressman, so I jumped up on the stage,” witness Joe Chenelly told The Post.

“The congressman turned and faced him. I thought he might just be there to hug the congressman or to, you know, maybe heckle him or something along those lines.”

A blade is seen after the attack on Zeldin during a campaign stop.
    Metropolitan Republican Club

"The suspect approached Zeldin wielding the weapon and Chenelly tackled him.

“Once the man was on stage, he reached into his right pocket and pulled out what appeared to be a knife or a razor blade, maybe a box cutter and lunged at the Congressman,” Chenelly said.

Zeldin attempted to block the suspect — who witnesses said was disheveled and possibly intoxicated — and the man lunged at Zeldin once more.

“I tackled him from behind and wrapped him up and dropped him on the right side on stage,” Chenelly said.

The suspect was then detained by a number of witnesses including GOP candidate for lieutenant governor, Alison Esposito."

Rep. Lee Zeldin was attacked by a man who jumped on stage during a campaign stop.
    William Farrington

"Chenelly credited Esposito, a 20-year member of the NYPD, for grabbing the weapon out of the suspect’s hand.

Soon after the incident, Zeldin got back on stage and finished his speech. Late Thursday night, the congressman told The Post via text he was “OK” and called the ordeal “crazy.”

Zeldin also addressed the attack in separate tweet, where he said, “Someone tried to stab me on stage during this evening’s rally, but fortunately, I was able to grab his wrist and stop him for a few moments until others tackled him.”

The suspect, who has not been identified by the Monroe County Sheriff’s Office, is an Iraq War veteran, according to WROC-TV.

Zeldin, who beat three other Republicans to grab the GOP nomination in the governor’s race in a primary last month, faces Governor Kathy Hochul, the Democratic incumbent, this November."

source: https://hornellsun.com/2022/07/21/as...-and-unharmed/

again, by standers jumped in to thwart attack!

once everything was clear?

he went back to finish his speech

i feel as though we are entering an unprecedented time of lawlessness

events such as this were relegated to once a few years ..

not back to back

thank goodness he is all right!
    Last edited by iota; 22nd July 2022 at 04:35. Reason: updated infor and images

so that any adversary

30. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to iota For This Post:

DNA (22nd July 2022), Nasu (22nd July 2022), O Donna (22nd July 2022), onevoice (22nd July 2022), Vicus (22nd July 2022)

31. Link to Post #16
    Greece Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,019 times in 284 posts

Quote Posted by iota (here)

forgive me, but is that a joke?
    First of all, let me say that I fully respect anything anyone does as a soul. It's needed since this is what they feel is right. That includes any activity.

Secondly, your emotionally overwhelming reply confirms the Problem-Reaction-Solution phenomenon. The "Reaction" was successful: Citizens in anger, insecurity and full of fear, trying to defend themselves in panic by using guns that actually increase the violence as well as the mentality that accompanies it, instead of rising above the problem, transforming their frightened ego and making the world a better place.

Then again, we can't really force things, until we deeply understand the truth. It's part of the process. I'm just here to point that out, not say what is right or wrong.

32. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ZenBaller For This Post:

loungelizard (23rd July 2022), Orph (23rd July 2022)

+ Reply to Thread