+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: What is the meaning of our life and what we can do for better Mother Earth?

1. Link to Post #21
    Belgium Avalon Member
    Language
    Dutch, French
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,208 times in 747 posts

Default Re: What is the meaning of our life and what we can do for better Mother Earth?

Quote Posted by ExomatrixTV (here)
    • (...)

The "Meaning of Life" is to GIVE life meaning, and by doing that you will find your own flow your own vibes that resonates what you suppose to do.

(...)
    Excellent because true.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Michel Leclerc For This Post:

ExomatrixTV (29th July 2022), Johnnycomelately (29th July 2022), xidaijena (30th July 2022)

3. Link to Post #22
    Belgium Avalon Member
    Language
    Dutch, French
    Thanks

Default Re: What is the meaning of our life and what we can do for better Mother Earth?

Strat, you have written "The meaning of life is."

This is, I feel, as excellent and as true as what John has suggested.

With a pun that is only possible in English: the meaning of my life is what I mean it to be, or: is what I mean by it. (It is not actually a pun: the two meanings of "to mean" (what something means and what someone means) are actually one meaning.)

Another "pun", but in fact a profound unity of meaning is revealed by the Dutch and German words of "zin/Sinn" and "zijn/sein". "Zin/Sinn" means "sense, meaning"*, and "zijn/sein" means "to be /being". At their origin those two words zin/Sinn for meaning and zijn/sein for being are the same. As you have written Strat: "the meaning of life is".

* (in Dutch there are two additional meanings to "zin" (so that it gets three) which make it a quite profound word in itself: "zin" is not only "sense, meaning", but also "desire, craving" and "sentence, phrase" – so that the English sentence "I feel like making a sentence that has some meaning” will use "zin" three times when in Dutch: "ik heb zin om een zin te maken die zin heeft"... Desire as the source and the beginning, yielding meaning to everything, and ultimately expressed through language...
    Last edited by Michel Leclerc; 30th July 2022 at 00:03.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Michel Leclerc For This Post:

ExomatrixTV (1st August 2022), xidaijena (30th July 2022)

5. Link to Post #23
    China Avalon Retired Member
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,516 times in 1,022 posts

Quote Posted by xidaijena (here)
    Quote Posted by thepainterdoug (here)
    Hi Xidaijena / I don't understand this? " Money is not everything but no money, I was nothing indeed."

I wish you well in your quest for happiness
    pd
    Difficult to understand?
    Okay, pls think of this: I am now using the computer to type words with all of you here. I have to use VPN which costs me at least 200 RMB every year; I am now sitting in my room, using the computer, the air conditioner and etc. Without Money, can I use them? Without money, I even couldn't take care of my sick mother who is getting cancer on bed. I have to pay at least 4000 RMB per month for one nursing worker. Otherwise I have no time or energy to work or do other things freely.

Who will help me? NOBODY. Only myself and the Greatest Creator. And I also have to spend money on devoting PA and my loving homeless dogs every month. It is not my duty but my willingness.

Without money, I can't be confident to speak with my relatives because they treat money as their lives.
    Without money, I can't live simply in present world or situation.
    So, this is reason.

Can you get my point?

I hate money for it costs me pain inside and let me know the coldness of relationship and cruelty of the world.

But Power is much higher than money which is the fact in China or maybe in the whole world.
    经济基础决定社会地位。
    很现实,很残酷,但是是客观规律。

The economic base determines the social status.
    It is very realistic and cruel, but it is an objective law.

6. Link to Post #24
    Canada Avalon Member Johnnycomelately's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,593 times in 983 posts

Hi Xidaijena / I don't understand this? " Money is not everything but no money, I was nothing indeed."

pd
    Difficult to understand?
    Okay, pls think of this: I am now using the computer to type words with all of you here. I have to use VPN which costs me at least 200 RMB every year; I am now sitting in my room, using the computer, the air conditioner and etc. Without Money, can I use them? Without money, I even couldn't take care of my sick mother who is getting cancer on bed. I have to pay at least 4000 RMB per month for one nursing worker. Otherwise I have no time or energy to work or do other things freely.

Who will help me? NOBODY. Only myself and the Greatest Creator. And I also have to spend money on devoting PA and my loving homeless dogs every month. It is not my duty but my willingness.

Without money, I can't be confident to speak with my relatives because they treat money as their lives.
    So, this is reason.

Can you get my point?

I hate money for it costs me pain inside and let me know the coldness of relationship and cruelty of the world.

But Power is much higher than money which is the fact in China or maybe in the whole world.
    经济基础决定社会地位。
    很现实,很残酷,但是是客观规律。

Dragons are kind of flying lizards, naturally they want money.

7. Link to Post #25
    United States Avalon Member thepainterdoug's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 33,162 times in 3,159 posts

Xid/ how much do you know about, or endorse ? Klaus Schwab and his great reset? He is interested in ending USA sovereignty, its constitution and bill of rights, and creating a one world government which suggests all normal humans like you and I not owning anything , only renting things, while he and elites own everything.
    What do you think about that?
    ty

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to thepainterdoug For This Post:

ExomatrixTV (31st July 2022), Johnnycomelately (30th July 2022)

9. Link to Post #26
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Johnnycomelately (here)

pd
    Difficult to understand?

So, this is reason.

Can you get my point?

经济基础决定社会地位。
    很现实,很残酷,但是是客观规律。

Sound like you are not human...lol

Dude, you are human and have the desire to need and make money, too.
    Last edited by xidaijena; 30th July 2022 at 03:37.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to xidaijena For This Post:

Johnnycomelately (30th July 2022)

11. Link to Post #27
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Xid/ how much do you know about, or endorse ? Klaus Schwab and his great reset? He is interested in ending USA sovereignty, its constitution and bill of rights, and creating a one world government which suggests all normal humans like you and I not owning anything , only renting things, while he and elites own everything.
    What do you think about that?
    ty
    Hi friend, I have no idea about who Klaus Schwab is.

I just check this link: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Klaus_Schwab

Well, to be honest, unless he really did it or created a paradise or a one world government, I will not agree or believe he has the big love as Jesus or Buddha.

In my eyes, only those people who did their best in their own roles or jobs and work for no money or without money can get my true admiration.

Money is the magic thing which will let me see who they truly are.

12. Link to Post #28
    Canada Avalon Member Johnnycomelately's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,593 times in 983 posts

Quote Sound like you are not human...lol

♥️ Don’t you like that song? I thought I was doing a very “human” thing, trying to tickle your funny bone. ~8D

About money, I equate that to power. Yes, we nowadays all need and live by our measure of it. But generally, power is good if used for, but bad if used against. Not sure if that means supporting something can’t be bad, or being aggressive/defensive can’t be good. So money itself is not the only parameter, if you distinguish good from bad. It is not everything.

Edit: errors in preparation are regretted. Preceding attributions are: me, jena, me.
    Last edited by Johnnycomelately; 30th July 2022 at 05:20.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Johnnycomelately For This Post:

xidaijena (31st July 2022)

14. Link to Post #29
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Johnnycomelately (here)

♥️ Don’t you like that song? I thought I was doing a very “human” thing, trying to tickle your funny bone. ~8D

About money, I equate that to power. Yes, we nowadays all need and live by our measure of it. But generally, power is good if used for, but bad if used against. Not sure if that means supporting something can’t be bad, or being aggressive/defensive can’t be good. So money itself is not the only parameter, if you distinguish good from bad. It is not everything.

Edit: errors in preparation are regretted. Preceding attributions are: me, jena, me.
    Quote About money, I equate that to power. Yes, we nowadays all need and live by our measure of it. But generally, power is good if used for, but bad if used against. Not sure if that means supporting something can’t be bad, or being aggressive/defensive can’t be good. So money itself is not the only parameter, if you distinguish good from bad. It is not everything.
    Well said.

Your words remind me of two articles written by Xuefeng:

钱财的问题

基督耶稣说过,有钱人进天国比骆驼穿过针眼还难,佛陀的教诲是不积累财富,化缘靠施舍普渡众生,老子的教导是“金玉满堂,莫之能守,”“见素抱朴,少私寡欲,”“去甚、去奢、去泰”“一曰慈,二曰俭, 三曰不敢为天 下先。”庄子的建议是清心寡欲,恬淡虚无。

神佛仙圣人的教导没错,因为人一贪恋物质财富,不仅容易陷入无穷无尽的苦恼深渊,更会使灵性失聪,远离大道,无机会使生命升华。

但是,神佛仙圣的教导是针对凡俗人生的,是针对那些不敬畏上帝的人说的,对生命禅院的禅院草而言,我们主要的时间和精力是为上帝服务,让上帝喜悦,在这个基础上,我们只要有机会,就应该努力赚取钱财, 耶稣有过一个 比喻,主人出门旅行前给三个仆人各一定数量的钱,最后主人回来后的政策是按照谁钱财赚取的越多奖励越大来实施的,当然这个比喻主要是针对宣扬上帝王国消息的功德大小而言的,但是,这里的一个核心内容是 ,只要自己是 上帝的仆人,就应该最大限度地获取利润。

禅院草是上帝的护士,是上帝的仆人,是上帝的子民,所以,我们赚取的越多,上帝越喜悦,给我们的报酬越大,因为我们要建设世外桃源——上帝的一个乐园,上帝要我们享受人生的乐趣,所以,只要我们心中有 上帝,坚定地 走上帝的道,赚取钱财为生命禅院服务,只要不伤害大自然,只要不伤害他人,就应该不怕赚钱,不仅不怕,有机会时还要大赚特赚。

佛教徒的路我们不能走,靠施舍不行,因为我们要对亲人尽心了心,这个尽心了心除了帮助亲人们认识上帝,走上帝的道外,钱财上的帮助更能让亲人们舒心,所以能赚则赚。

圣人清心寡欲,恬淡虚无的教诲符合古代,现代行不通,如果不赚钱,这上网费、水费、电费、车费等等问题解决不了,这些问题解决不了,我们无法静下心来修行修练,所以,钱还是要赚,不仅要赚,只要有机会 ,还要多赚。 我今天能安静地坐在这里建设生命禅院,就是因为前几年赚了点小钱,现在能维持生存,若当时不赚,哪有今天。

意识中不要排斥钱财,意识中希望上帝保佑赚取一定的钱财对亲人尽心了心,服务禅院,如此,机会一定来临,来临了,乘机而作。

当官的问题

官当的越大,为上帝服务的机会越多,修行修练在于心,不在于自己是什么社会地位和身份,所以,禅院草一旦有机会,就努力当官,争取当大官,能当上总统更好。

Google translate:

money problems

Christ Jesus said that it is harder for a rich man to enter the kingdom of heaven than for a camel to pass through the eye of a needle. Be simple, be less selfish and have few desires," "go to extremes, go to extravagance, go to Thailand", "one is kindness, the other is frugality, and the third is dare not to be the first in the world."

The teachings of the gods, Buddhas, immortals and saints are correct, because when people crave material wealth, they will not only easily fall into the abyss of endless suffering, but also make their spiritual deafness, stay away from the Dao, and have no chance to sublimate their lives.

However, the teachings of Gods, Buddhas, Immortals and Sages are aimed at ordinary life and those who do not fear God. For the Zen Garden of Lifechanyuan, our main time and energy is to serve God, to please God, On this basis, as long as we have the opportunity, we should work hard to earn money. Jesus had a parable. Before going on a trip, the master gave each of the three servants a certain amount of money. In the end, the master’s policy after returning was based on who earns the more money. The more rewards, the greater the implementation. Of course, this metaphor is mainly aimed at the merits of propagating the news of God’s Kingdom. However, a core content here is that as long as you are a servant of God, you should maximize your profits.

Chanyuan grass is God's nurse, God's servant, and God's people. Therefore, the more we earn, the more pleased God is, and the greater the reward for us, because we want to build a paradise - a paradise for God, God wants us to enjoy the joy of life, so as long as we have God in our hearts, firmly follow God’s way, earn money to serve Lifechanyuan, as long as we don’t harm nature and others, we should not be afraid of making money, not only not afraid, When the opportunity arises, make a lot of money.

We cannot walk the path of Buddhists, nor do we rely on almsgiving, because we have to give our hearts and minds to our relatives. In addition to helping our relatives know God and walk the way of God, financial help can make our relatives feel more comfortable. Earn and earn.

The sage's teachings of pure heart and few desires, indifference and emptiness are in line with the ancient times, but are not feasible in modern times. If you don't make money, you will not be able to solve problems such as Internet access fees, water bills, electricity bills, and car fares. If these problems cannot be solved, we cannot calm down and cultivate , So, money still has to be earned, not only to earn, but to earn more as long as there is an opportunity. I can sit here quietly today to build Lifechanyuan because I made a little money a few years ago, and now I can survive.

Don't reject money in your consciousness, and hope that God will bless you to earn a certain amount of money. Dedicate yourself to your loved ones and serve the Chanyuan. In this way, the opportunity will definitely come, and when it comes, take advantage of it.

The problem of being an official

The bigger the official position, the more opportunities to serve God. The practice depends on the heart, not on what social status and status you have. Therefore, once the monk has the opportunity, he will work hard to become an official, strive to be a high official, and be able to be a high official. Better to be president.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

一张残酷的能量流向图
    雪峰

前天下午,我拿了一块垫子,跪在垫子上给客房门前的一株株月季花除草,松土,施肥,劳作的整个过程是喜悦的。为什么是喜悦的?因为月季花长势茂盛,看着长势茂盛的月季,就心生喜悦,因为喜悦,就喜欢为 其除草,松土 ,施肥,最后又浇水。
    残酷的现实来了,本来应当给弱者更多的关照和能量,强者自强,不用过多的关照和给予能量,但残酷的现实恰恰相反,越是弱者,被关照和给予的能量越少,越是强者,被关照和给予的能量越多。你们看,官当的 越大,捧场的 越多,巴结的越多,送礼的越多。企业搞的越好,银行越喜欢给其贷款,借钱融资越容易。人长得越帅越有本事,愿意嫁他的美女越多。有人娶了几十个甚至上百媳妇,且个个貌美如花温柔能干,好多人一个媳妇也 娶不到只能当 光棍。越是干旱的地方越不容易降雨,越是湿润的地方反而降雨越多。真是越好的越红火,越差的越惨淡。
    难道这是自然法则?
    我自比圣人,为什么也发自内心地更喜欢长得茂盛的月季花?我还可以自我揭露点我的心思,越是长得美貌性感的,我越是喜欢。天爷爷啊!难道圣人也就这个德行?我曾经是津巴布韦的永久居民,为什么要离开津 巴布韦?我曾 到瓦努阿图想在那里建一处家园,却为什么离开?我本是中国公民,为什么要离开中国来到遥远的加拿大定居?原来我本质上喜欢更好的生活环境。
    终于明白了基督耶稣所说:“凡有的,还要加给他,叫他有余;凡没有的,连他所有的也要夺去。”这就是能量流向图。
    看清看懂了这张能量流向图,作为人,一定要争取让自己全面优秀起来,越是优秀,能量将会越多,越是拙劣,能量将会越少。抱怨没用,哭天喊地也没用,任性发脾气闹别扭都没用,有用的只有一个方式,让自己 优秀起来。
    原来“天助自助者”道理在此啊!
    2021-06-07

Google translate:

A brutal energy flow chart
    Xuefeng

The afternoon before yesterday, I took a mat and knelt on the mat to weed, loosen the soil, and fertilize the roses in front of the guest room. The whole process of working was a joy. Why is it joyful? Because Chinese roses are flourishing, seeing the flourishing roses makes me happy, and because of joy, I like to weed, loosen the soil, fertilize, and finally water them.
    The cruel reality is coming. We should have given more care and energy to the weak. The strong should improve themselves without too much care and energy. However, the cruel reality is just the opposite. The stronger you are, the more energy you will be cared for and given. You see, the bigger the official, the more cheers, the more compliments, and the more gifts. The better a business does, the more banks like to lend to it, and the easier it is to borrow money for financing. The more handsome and capable a person is, the more beautiful women are willing to marry him. Some people have married dozens or even hundreds of wives, and they are all beautiful, gentle and capable, and many people can't marry a single daughter-in-law and can only be bachelors. The drier the place, the less likely it will rain, and the more humid the place, the more rain. Really the better the more prosperous, the worse the more bleak.
    Is this the law of nature?
    I compare myself to a saint, why do I also prefer lush roses from the bottom of my heart? I can also expose my thoughts to myself, the more beautiful and sexy I look, the more I like it. God grandpa! Do saints also have this virtue? I used to be a permanent resident of Zimbabwe, why should I leave Zimbabwe? I went to Vanuatu to build a home there, but why did I leave? I am a Chinese citizen, why should I leave China and settle in Canada? It turns out that I essentially like a better living environment.
    I finally understood what Christ Jesus said: "To everyone who has, more will be added, and he will have more; and whoever does not have, even what he has will be taken away from him." This is the flow of energy.
    After seeing and understanding this energy flow diagram, as a human being, we must strive to make ourselves excellent in an all-round way. Complaining is useless, crying and shouting is useless, it is useless to lose your temper willfully, there is only one way to make yourself better.
    It turns out that "God helps those who help themselves" is here!
    2021-06-07

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I don't like Money but I need it and hope to get it more and more to donate Lifechanyuan and build more braches of New Oasis for Life.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to xidaijena For This Post:

Johnnycomelately (31st July 2022)

16. Link to Post #30
    Language
    English
    Thanks

[QUOTE=Johnnycomelately;1509747]

Quote Don’t you like that song? I thought I was doing a very “human” thing, trying to tickle your funny bone. ~8D
    No, it is not my type...lol

I like this one:

I choose LOVE

The Gragons' song...lol

我喜欢一回家就有暖洋洋的灯光在等待

我喜欢一起床就看到大家微笑的脸庞

我喜欢一出门就为了家人和自己的理想打拼

我喜欢一家人心朝着同一个方向眺望 哦!

我喜欢快乐时马上就想要和你一起分享

我喜欢受伤时就想起你们温暖的怀抱

我喜欢生气时就想到你们永远包容多么伟大

我喜欢旅行时为你把美好记忆带回家

因为我们是一家人

相亲相爱的一家人

有缘才能相聚

有心才会珍惜

何必让满天乌云遮住眼睛

因为我们是一家人

相亲相爱的一家人

有福就该同享

有难必然同当

用相知相守换地久天长

我喜欢一回家就把乱糟糟的心情都忘掉

我喜欢一起床就带给大家微笑的脸庞

我喜欢一出门就为了个人和世界的美好打拼

我喜欢一家人梦朝着同一个方向创造 哦!

当别人快乐时好像是自己获得幸福一样

当别人受伤时我愿意敞开最真的怀抱

当别人生气时告诉他就算观念不同不必激动

当别人需要时我一定卷起袖子帮助他

因为我们是一家人

相亲相爱的一家人

有缘才能相聚

有心才会珍惜

何必让满天乌云遮住眼睛

因为我们是一家人

相亲相爱的一家人

有福就该同享

有难必然同当

用相知相守换地久天长

处处为你用心

一直最有默契

请你相信这份感情值得感激

因为我们是一家人

相亲相爱的一家人

有缘才能相聚

有心才会珍惜

何必让满天乌云遮住眼睛

因为我们是一家人

相亲相爱的一家人

有福就该同享

有难必然同当

用相知相守换地久天长

用相知相守换地久天长

Google translate:

I like to have warm lights waiting as soon as I get home

I like to wake up and see everyone's smiling faces

I like to work hard for my family and my ideals as soon as I go out

I like the whole family looking in the same direction Oh!

I like when I am happy and want to share it with you right away

I like to think of your warm embrace when I'm hurt

I like when I'm angry thinking of how great you are for always being inclusive

I like to bring home good memories for you when I travel

Because we are family

loving family

meet by fate

Heart will cherish

Why let the dark clouds cover the eyes

Because we are family

loving family

Happiness should be shared

Difficulty must be the same

Exchanging mutual understanding for a long time

I like to forget about the mess as soon as I get home

I like a face that brings everyone a smile when I wake up

I like to work hard for the beauty of myself and the world as soon as I go out

I love that family dreams are created in the same direction Oh!

When others are happy, it is as if you are happy yourself

I am willing to open my true embrace when others are hurt

When someone is angry, tell them not to get excited even if they have different opinions

When someone needs me, I must roll up my sleeves and help him

Because we are family

loving family

meet by fate

Heart will cherish

Because we are family

loving family

Care for you everywhere

Always the most tacit

Please believe that this feeling is worthy of gratitude

Because we are family

loving family

meet by fate

Heart will cherish

Because we are family

loving family

~~~~~~~~~~~~~`

Quite different understanding and feelings of LOVE
    Last edited by xidaijena; 31st July 2022 at 00:45.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to xidaijena For This Post:

Johnnycomelately (31st July 2022)

18. Link to Post #31
    Belgium Avalon Member
    Language
    Dutch, French
    Thanks

Dear Xidaiyena. That was a very risky thing for Jesus to do to tell the parable of the rich man who got even more. Many people misunderstood him, even Xuefeng.

What he meant, is of cause not the money of the rich person. After all, it is a parable meaning something else. And that something else is value, or holiness. A person of value will because of this value acquire even more value. Value is quality – skills, experience but even more so, goodness, beauty radiating from inside outside, truthfulness. When a person is good, this will be known, and people will wish to be near this person... in a way to acquire his or her goodness, but that means: to become better themselves.

In Dutch and German (there I go again), money is called "geld/Geld". This word is related to the verb "gelden/gelten", which means "be worth", and more fundamentally to "goud/Gold” (gold). In other words, in those languages money is fundamentally the "thing" with which value is counted.

But this "thing", with the help of which everything else (every other thing) is counted, is not in itself a "thing". It is something special (some special thing) that is set aside to count all the rest.

The consequence of this is that you cannot "buy" this "thing". Al other "things" can be bought, but the tool with which you buy – money – cannot be bought itself.

That is the ideal. What we see in practice is that we do buy money. That is the banking system, which is basically one gigantic shop where we can buy money for interest, and the interest is something that depletes our value in order to get artificial value that we have not got yet (had not gotten yet).

But it need not be like that. You yourself mention the word "family". I do not like that concept very much because it ties something of value (the fact that people can bring their value together and use this accumulated value to help each of them) with a biological machine meant to make more humans to be exploited by "authorities". But we can use other words, like "community", or "group of friends". A group of friends can come together and pool their "money" (read: value) and decide that whenever one of the friends is in need, this pooled value can be used to help him or her. Typically no interest will be asked, because this value given is not something which can be bought. It is given freely because it can only be given freely. It is given freely because friendship is given freely. ("Friend" and "free" in English share the same root: this root originally meant something like "thriving", "growing, "blossoming". (There you have Fuecheng’s roses!)) It does resemble the "biological family" because when a daughter or a son wants to go to university and asks his or her parents for financial support, what parent will ask interest from his/her child – and even, what parent will ask their child to pay the money back (unless they are in a dire situation)?

Maybe in your community, it works like that.

Elsewhere, people may object: that is unrealistic – but it is not really the case. Where I live, to quite an extent already organic food (grown locally) is bartered, not bought with money. Work is done by local people for each other, and to a large extent already on the basis of "1 hour = 1 hour", meaning: whatever my level of skills is, I will not ask a price that is higher because it is a more difficult skill or one I had to study longer for – no, I will give you "one hour of my life" in exchange for "one hour of your life" because your life is as valuable as mine. (In practice, this is between two persons, but it occasionally is triangular: A works for B, B works for C, and C works for A.)

I can see that this practice becomes more common. People do things "for free" more and more. My doctor, who helped me substantially a few weeks ago, did not ask me "money". She and a number of colleagues are setting up a new network of health practitioners who want to work on the "one hour of a life" basis, and so I have not had to pay her – she suggested that I give "money" to the group as a whole so that they can support young medics who need to invest in medical instruments..

It is not perfect, but it goes in the good direction. I have noticed in myself (I provide the services for which I am skilled locally on a "one hour of my/your life" basis) as well as in others that I am becoming happier the more I can work like that (instead of "charging" somebody a "rate" per hour which is substantially higher) and that this happiness comes from the fact that the "one hour of my life" for "one hour of your life" is the most beautiful exchange imaginable because it comes from loving the other person.

"Selling" is always a little bit of a mixture of blackmail and begging, but this is not: it is giving one’s life..

Do you resonate with that?

19. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Michel Leclerc For This Post:

Johnnycomelately (31st July 2022), pabranno (1st August 2022), Sue (Ayt) (1st August 2022), xidaijena (31st July 2022)

20. Link to Post #32
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Michel Leclerc (here)
    Dear Xidaiyena. That was a very risky thing for Jesus to do to tell the parable of the rich man who got even more. Many people misunderstood him, even Xuefeng.

What he meant, is of cause not the money of the rich person. After all, it is a parable meaning something else. And that something else is value, or holiness. A person of value will because of this value acquire even more value. Value is quality – skills, experience but even more so, goodness, beauty radiating from inside outside, truthfulness. When a person is good, this will be known, and people will wish to be near this person... in a way to acquire his or her goodness, but that means: to become better themselves.

In Dutch and German (there I go again), money is called "geld/Geld". This word is related to the verb "gelden/gelten", which means "be worth", and more fundamentally to "goud/Gold” (gold). In other words, in those languages money is fundamentally the "thing" with which value is counted.

But this "thing", with the help of which everything else (every other thing) is counted, is not in itself a "thing". It is something special (some special thing) that is set aside to count all the rest.

The consequence of this is that you cannot "buy" this "thing". Al other "things" can be bought, but the tool with which you buy – money – cannot be bought itself.

That is the ideal. What we see in practice is that we do buy money. That is the banking system, which is basically one gigantic shop where we can buy money for interest, and the interest is something that depletes our value in order to get artificial value that we have not got yet (had not gotten yet).

But it need not be like that. You yourself mention the word "family". I do not like that concept very much because it ties something of value (the fact that people can bring their value together and use this accumulated value to help each of them) with a biological machine meant to make more humans to be exploited by "authorities". But we can use other words, like "community", or "group of friends". A group of friends can come together and pool their "money" (read: value) and decide that whenever one of the friends is in need, this pooled value can be used to help him or her. Typically no interest will be asked, because this value given is not something which can be bought. It is given freely because it can only be given freely. It is given freely because friendship is given freely. ("Friend" and "free" in English share the same root: this root originally meant something like "thriving", "growing, "blossoming". (There you have Fuecheng’s roses!)) It does resemble the "biological family" because when a daughter or a son wants to go to university and asks his or her parents for financial support, what parent will ask interest from his/her child – and even, what parent will ask their child to pay the money back (unless they are in a dire situation)?

Maybe in your community, it works like that.

Elsewhere, people may object: that is unrealistic – but it is not really the case. Where I live, to quite an extent already organic food (grown locally) is bartered, not bought with money. Work is done by local people for each other, and to a large extent already on the basis of "1 hour = 1 hour", meaning: whatever my level of skills is, I will not ask a price that is higher because it is a more difficult skill or one I had to study longer for – no, I will give you "one hour of my life" in exchange for "one hour of your life" because your life is as valuable as mine. (In practice, this is between two persons, but it occasionally is triangular: A works for B, B works for C, and C works for A.)

I can see that this practice becomes more common. People do things "for free" more and more. My doctor, who helped me substantially a few weeks ago, did not ask me "money". She and a number of colleagues are setting up a new network of health practitioners who want to work on the "one hour of a life" basis, and so I have not had to pay her – she suggested that I give "money" to the group as a whole so that they can support young medics who need to invest in medical instruments..

It is not perfect, but it goes in the good direction. I have noticed in myself (I provide the services for which I am skilled locally on a "one hour of my/your life" basis) as well as in others that I am becoming happier the more I can work like that (instead of "charging" somebody a "rate" per hour which is substantially higher) and that this happiness comes from the fact that the "one hour of my life" for "one hour of your life" is the most beautiful exchange imaginable because it comes from loving the other person.

"Selling" is always a little bit of a mixture of blackmail and begging, but this is not: it is giving one’s life..

Do you resonate with that?
    Quote I can see that this practice becomes more common. People do things "for free" more and more. My doctor, who helped me substantially a few weeks ago, did not ask me "money". She and a number of colleagues are setting up a new network of health practitioners who want to work on the "one hour of a life" basis, and so I have not had to pay her – she suggested that I give "money" to the group as a whole so that they can support young medics who need to invest in medical instruments..
    Really? That's awesome! I like it!
    Thanks for sharing such insightful thoughts, I appreciate it a lot.
    In our community, Money will disappear nor family.

Quote But we can use other words, like "community", or "group of friends". A group of friends can come together and pool their "money" (read: value) and decide that whenever one of the friends is in need, this pooled value can be used to help him or her. Typically no interest will be asked, because this value given is not something which can be bought. It is given freely because it can only be given freely. It is given freely because friendship is given freely. ("Friend" and "free" in English share the same root: this root originally meant something like "thriving", "growing, "blossoming".
    Can't agree with you more! I don't like Family but love Community.
    You are from Belgium? Thank you sooo much.

I hope there will be a lot of wise people like you here.

21. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to xidaijena For This Post:

Michel Leclerc (1st August 2022), pabranno (1st August 2022)

22. Link to Post #33
    Netherlands Avalon Member ExomatrixTV's Avatar
    Language
    English, Dutch, German, Limburgs
    Thanks
    Thanked 125,756 times in 20,829 posts

Be careful if anyone claims "authority" on anything ... especially when they preach a certain narrative to serve an (often) tunnel vision agenda dealing with "the fate of humanity".
    No need to follow anyone, only consider broadening (y)our horizon of possibilities ...

23. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ExomatrixTV For This Post:

9ideon (1st August 2022), Johnnycomelately (2nd August 2022), Michel Leclerc (1st August 2022), pabranno (1st August 2022)

24. Link to Post #34
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Be careful if anyone claims "authority" on anything ... especially when they preach a certain narrative to serve an (often) tunnel vision agenda dealing with "the fate of humanity".
    In my values, the Greatest Creator will be only authority to me.

25. Link to Post #35
    Language
    Thanks

Still you use others doing the interpretation work for you
    No need to follow anyone, only consider broadening (y)our horizon of possibilities ...

26. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ExomatrixTV For This Post:

Johnnycomelately (2nd August 2022), pabranno (2nd August 2022)

27. Link to Post #36
    Language
    English
    Thanks

I need the Greatest Creator Without HIM, without me!

28. Link to Post #37
    Language
    Thanks

I need the Greatest Creator Without HIM, without me!

So now you have all kinds of authoritative claims because you have a direct link ... that is what I meant with anyone ... I too could use the "Prime Creator" as my "direct source" but am humble enough never to claim such things as I am not capable translating anything 100% correct & flawless ... due to my limitations of being human!
    • I can only: consider, ponder, analyze, asses, philosophize, imagine, compare new insights etc. etc. but all with limited capacity knowing that absolutism is not gonna help me.
    Last edited by ExomatrixTV; 4th August 2022 at 16:37.

29. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ExomatrixTV For This Post:

onawah (5th August 2022), pabranno (5th August 2022), xidaijena (6th August 2022)

30. Link to Post #38
    Language
    Thanks

• 4 Keys To Your Life's Meaning (Dr. Viktor Frankl):

We live in a time when more and more people believe that life is random and meaningless. And that we’re passive victims of our biology and our environment. But is it true? And how can we find meaning and make sense of our lives? We explore those questions in this video. One of the best answers I’ve ever seen to this is in the book “Man’s Search for Meaning” by Dr. Viktor E. Frankl. In it, he describes his own horrifying experiences as a Jewish survivor of the holocaust in the Second World War. One of his most powerful insights was that even in the most hopeless and horrific situations, life has meaning. It always has meaning, which continues until its very last moment. Frankl developed his own approach to psychology called Logotherapy. The central claim is that the main driver of human motivation is the search for meaning. He described four main ways we can find meaning and purpose in our lives.

CHAPTERS:
    • 00:00 - Is life meaningless?
    • 00:44 - Viktor Frankl’s book “Man’s Search for Meaning”
    • 01:56 - Finding the meaning of life in an age of meaninglessness: an introduction to Logotherapy
    • 02:57 - Part 1. Synchronicity and meaningful coincidence
    • 05:31 - Part 2. Meaningful work
    • 06:47 - Part 3. Meaning through love and relationships
    • 08:30 - Part 4. Meaning through facing suffering
    • 13:07 - Dr. J He and the last of all human freedoms

Last edited by ExomatrixTV; 9th August 2022 at 17:13.

31. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ExomatrixTV For This Post:

pabranno (9th August 2022), xidaijena (10th August 2022)

32. Link to Post #39
    Language
    English
    Thanks

We live in a time when more and more people believe that life is random and meaningless. And that we’re passive victims of our biology and our environment. But is it true? And how can we find meaning and make sense of our lives? We explore those questions in this video. One of the best answers I’ve ever seen to this is in the book “Man’s Search for Meaning” by Dr. Viktor E. Frankl. In it, he describes his own horrifying experiences as a Jewish survivor of the holocaust in the Second World War. One of his most powerful insights was that even in the most hopeless and horrific situations, life has meaning. It always has meaning, which continues until its very last moment. Frankl developed his own approach to psychology called Logotherapy. The central claim is that the main driver of human motivation is the search for meaning. He described four main ways we can find meaning and purpose in our lives.

CHAPTERS:
    • 01:56 - Finding the meaning of life in an age of meaninglessness: an introduction to Logotherapy

Nice sharing. But, he didn't change the life program which I think it is the most virulent program caused the bitterness such as Marriage and Family.

33. Link to Post #40
    Language
    Thanks

CHAPTERS:

Nice sharing. But, he didn't change the life program which I think it is the most virulent program caused the bitterness such as Marriage and Family.

it is not about you nor your community

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast