+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Two inspiring stories of Disabled but Determined persons: Chenzhou and Paola Antonini

1. Link to Post #1
    China Avalon Retired Member
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,516 times in 1,022 posts

Thumbs up Inspiring stories of Disabled but Determined Persons sharing

身残志坚: 身体的残缺并不代表心灵不完美。
    Physical disability does not mean spiritual imperfection.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

陈州:“无腿硬汉”的灿烂人生

陈州从小命运多舛,父母离异后,他四处流浪,13岁失去双腿,历经生死磨难后,他成了一名流浪歌手。多年来,他以木盒为腿,靠唱歌走遍了全国700多个城市,被誉为“用歌声走路的人”。不仅如此,他还先后登上全国 近百座名山大川,仅泰山就登了10多次。2012年8月23日,陈州再次登上东岳泰山,在泰山之巅,给相恋10年的爱人补办了一场最浪漫的婚礼。2014年11月,陈州携妻子登上中央电视台《向幸福出发》栏目,向 人们讲述了他的不幸遭遇和幸福人生。

1983年冬天,陈州出生于山东省苍山县二庙乡瓦子埠村。父母离异后,父亲把他托付给爷爷后离家谋生。爷爷奶奶经济困难,无法送陈州去上学。11岁时,陈州就靠着爷爷教的一点家乡戏到各地卖唱。

1996年5月,陈州流浪到潍坊昌乐,他想去济南,可没钱买票,就扒了火车。火车出发后,他发现自己坐错了方向,情急之下便从火车上跳了下来。火车过后,他的双腿没了……陈州很快被巡道工发现并送往医院。医生为了 保住他的性命,不得不给他截肢。出院后,陈州跟爷爷回到家中,吃喝拉撒全在床上。很快,家里的生活维持不下去了,爷爷只好带着他外出乞讨。

1997年,在浙江嘉兴街头,陈州遇到了改变他命运的一件事。那天,他碰到两个残疾艺人在卖唱。他在一边观看,有个女孩可能以为他和那两个残疾艺人是一起的吧,给了他一块钱。这时,有人让陈州也唱首歌,他就唱了一 首《水手》。想着自己的经历,陈州唱得很动情。结果,他的歌声不仅打动了观众,也打动了那两位残疾艺人。围观的人都散去后,那两个残疾艺人收了陈州做徒弟。

此后,陈州发现了自己的歌唱天赋,跟着师傅开始了在街头卖唱的生活。

一年后,陈州开始一个人在街头卖唱。支撑残肢的木箱和极其普通的音响,是他所有的装备。虽然装备简陋,但并不影响他深情演唱,一曲《水手》道出了他内心的声音:“他说风雨中这点痛算什么/擦干泪不要怕/至少我们还有梦……”

当然,卖唱的日子并不都是顺利的,陈州也曾穷困潦倒。有一次在济南,下着大雪,外面根本没有人听他唱歌,他没有收入,又冷又饿,冻得嘴都青了。那天晚上,他在地上捡到半个梨,算是一顿晚餐。现在提到那时,他还说: “那半个梨的味道真好。”

在此后10多年里,陈州用双手“走”遍了全国大大小小700多个城市,唱了3000多场个人“演唱会”。广场、街道、火车站、公园,只要有人的地方,都能成为他的舞台。每一场演出,他都要准备10首歌,每首歌他都 唱得很投入。就这样,他几乎每天都要演唱5个小时,以换得一天的住宿费和伙食费。

让陈州没想到的是,通过演出,他不仅养活了自己,还收获了爱情。2002年5月20日,陈州到江西九江演出,他把摊位选在一个服装店门口。服装店里有个卖衣服的女孩叫喻磊,22岁,老家在河南省内乡县。从陈州第一 次演出开始,喻磊一直都是个热心的观众。到演出的第8天,陈州鼓起勇气和她说话, 两人互留了联系方式。

谁知就在他们留下联系方式的第二天,九江开始下雨。那天,陈州接到传呼,把电话回拨过去,就听到喻磊关心的声音:“今天下雨,你还好吧?”这声问候让尝遍人情冷暖的陈州心里泛起了波澜。

此后,九江连续下了20多天的雨,陈州只好天天在喻磊的服装店门口卖唱。原本陌生的两个人,在这期间渐渐熟悉。而让喻磊真心认定陈州,则是缘于她一次意外的生病。那天,陈州听说喻磊生病后,冒雨“走”了4个多小时 ,终于找到喻磊住院的医院。当看到陈州出现在医院的三楼,靠着墙,衣服还滴着雨水时,喻磊感动得哭了。

几天后,陈州准备离开九江,继续流浪时,喻磊开口说:“你到底要不要我跟你走?”

很快,喻磊做出了此生最疯狂的决定:辞去工作,和陈州一起流浪。他们一边卖唱,一边流浪,开始了历经10年的爱情长征。

自此,陈州开始规划未来,并注意把自己收拾得整洁、干净。他希望有一天,能带着自己心爱的女孩走遍全世界。

努力回馈社会,

感恩好心人的帮助

此后,每天早上,陈州起床前,喻磊都会将牙膏挤好,放在漱口水的旁边。陈州洗漱完毕,喻磊已将早餐准备好。陈州说:“在别人看来,这也许不算什么,但是长期以来,她一直坚持这样,让我很感动,也觉得很 温馨。”

2003年5月,陈州和喻磊的女儿贝贝出生后,陈州唱起歌来更有劲头了。

他说,他特别喜欢孩子,每天唱完歌回到家,妻子为他打开门,看到孩子在家里跑来跑去地玩耍,他就觉得特别幸福。

陈州说,自己是一个用歌声走路的人,他之所以能在祖国各地自由行走,多亏了无数的好心人。对此,他一直感恩在心,一有机会就想着能回报社会。2008年,汶川大地震时,陈州虽然挣钱不多,但仍为灾区捐 了款。

不管走到哪里,陈州总想着能做点善事。在衡阳,有一个贫困家庭双胞胎女儿要读书,而父亲和爷爷都瘫痪在床,一家人的生活难以维持。陈州知道后,从自己的积蓄里拿出1000元捐给了这个家庭。随后,他又在南岳脚下举 办了一场义演,将募得的4880元善款全部给了这个家庭。后来,他还设立了“陈州基金”,专门帮助孤残儿童。

在临沂,陈州听说第四人民医院有许多贫困患者,他便与医院联系义演,募捐了9700多元。他还参加了山东建筑大学“感恩之心”大型公益音乐晚会的义演,为建造“思源希望小学”募集善款……

陈州自强不息的故事打动了许许多多的人。在广东,为了激励工人,许多企业邀请陈州到外来务工人员中开个人演唱会。这给了陈州更大的力量。他说:“我现在一方面要靠唱歌养家糊口,另一方面也想在唱功上慢慢磨炼,如果 有机会参加全国歌手大赛,也算是圆了自己真正登台演唱的梦想。”

登山挑战极限,

给妻子一个浪漫的婚礼

一次,陈州流浪到泰山脚下,看到从山上下来的游客大都累得无精打采,他便忍不住拉住一个人问道:“泰山有多高?我能爬上去吗?”对方打量了他一眼,很不屑地说:“你也想爬到泰山顶?”说完,摇着头走了。就是这个陌 生人的一句话,激起了陈州爬山的欲望,他非要爬上去给大家看看。

第一次,他用12个多小时到达南天门,一路上得到了很多人的鼓励。途中,他累得无数次想放弃,但听到别人的鼓励,他觉得又有了力气。

此后,陈州一发而不可收,山西的五台山,安徽的九华山,福建的武夷山,这些名山几乎都被陈州征服在脚下。而被称为五岳之首的泰山,陈州更是登顶了11次。

因为爬山,陈州经常弄得伤痕累累。让陈州记忆最深的是登五台山。当时不知道会下雪,凌晨3点钟出发,登山的时候就开始下雪了,陈州本想着雪很快会停,谁知道越走雪越大,到最后,雪都已经盖过了他手里的两个小木盒, 他身上的衣服、裤子都湿了。即便这样,陈州还是坚持爬了10多个小时到达了山顶。下山后,陈州全身多处被冻伤,在床上趴了半个月。

2012年8月12日上午,在华山玉泉院门前,经过简单的启动仪式,陈州从华山脚下出发,爬一段歇一会儿,开始登华山。两个多小时后,在先后经过鱼石、五里关,到达石门时,陈州的后背已经湿透,额头上、脸上的汗水 不停地往下流。又经过艰难攀爬,走过千尺幢、百尺峡,经过10个小时的努力,陈州终于登上了常人用4个小时就能登上的华山北峰。

8月13日,陈州继续挑战华山顶峰南峰。陈州的妻子和孩子也从北峰开始一路陪伴着他爬山,一同见证他胜利的时刻。面对几乎垂直的“天梯”,陈州将小木箱交给他人,一手紧握铁锁,一手慢慢往上移动。在家人和游客的鼓 励声中,他终于顺利渡过难关。下午5点10分,陈州前后历时约20小时实现了登上华山南峰峰顶的梦想。抱住写有“海拔2154.9米”的石碑的那一刻,陈州激动地哭了:“这是我第一次用两天时间爬一座山,也是第一 次这么累。”

目前,陈州已经用双臂攀登了东岳泰山、南岳衡山、中岳嵩山、西岳华山、以及北岳恒山,成为全球“双手登五岳”第一人,被称为“中国当代徐霞客”。

陈州说:“上天夺走了我两条腿,但是给了我一个舞台,给了我一个漂亮的媳妇和一双可爱的儿女,让我有了一个美好的家庭。然而,唯一让我遗憾的是,2010年9月10日,我与妻子喻磊领结婚证的时候,根本没有能力为 她举办一场像样的婚礼,这件事一直让我难以释怀。我开始梦想着凭借双臂登上五岳的顶峰,在五岳之巅给妻子一个独一无二的婚礼,完成自己对妻子爱的诺言。”

2012年8月23日,陈州来到了泰山脚下。面对这座对常人来说爬起来都异常艰难的高山,陈州面带微笑:“这已经是我第11次爬泰山了,我有信心。”陈州说,这一次,他想和妻子在山顶一起看日出。

陈州的登山工具是两个方形小木箱,双手分别握住木箱的提手,行走完全靠双臂的力量支撑起整个身体。这一次,除了有来自全国各地的残疾朋友陪伴,还有他深爱的妻子喻磊。一路上,陈州不停地给自己加油鼓劲 。

爬到中天门的时候,陈州的手抽筋了,手掌上全是新磨出来的泡。在这里,陈州简单吃了点东西,休息一会儿便继续上路了。一路上,陈州用歌声鼓励自己。过了中天门,台阶越来越陡峭,天色也逐渐变暗,有很多好心的游客劝 他放弃,但都被他笑着拒绝了。

天色逐渐暗了下来,登上南天门的必经之路最陡峭的十八盘也在等着他。晚上8点钟,陈州终于到达了十八盘的起点。看到陈州的壮举,游客们纷纷打开手电筒为他照明,并指引他向南天门方向前进。“陈州,加油!陈州,加油 !”为陈州加油的声音响彻了云霄。

终于,陈州到达了十八盘的龙门,离南天门越来越近了,最危险、最累、最困难的一段旅程开始了。“嘿呦嘿嘿嘿呦嘿,管哪山高水又深,嘿呦嘿嘿嘿呦嘿,也不能阻挡我奔前程……”此时的陈州,一边攀登一边唱起了这首《壮 志在我胸》的歌曲。快到南天门时,等候多时的妻子喻磊为陈州递上了一瓶饮料。看着疲惫而坚毅的丈夫,喻磊流下了泪水。在众人的鼓励声中,喻磊蹲下身子拥抱陈州,为他加油。

在登山途中,陈州还遇到了一群专门从外地赶过来为他加油的粉丝。虽然已经非常疲倦,开朗的陈州还是尽可能地满足了粉丝们的合影要求,并现场给大家清唱了《壮志在我胸》。有位粉丝说:“每当我精疲力竭的时候,只要看 到陈州的背影,我就感觉又充满了力量。”

当陈州挪上十八盘最后一个台阶时,一阵阵欢呼声和掌声响彻了夜空。陈州更是高兴地趴下身子,亲吻着台阶。自始至终,不管多累,陈州的脸上一直挂着自信的笑容。在游客们热心而温馨的期待中,陈州到达了南天门。短暂的 休整之后,陈州换上新郎装等待吉时的到来,准备与新娘喻磊完婚。在现场观众朋友的期盼和祝福中,陈州和妻子喻磊完成了中国传统的婚庆仪式,还在现场放声高歌,感谢父母妻儿以及全社会对残疾人的关注。

作为一名残疾人,陈州向往爱情,也向往婚姻。在泰山之巅的这场婚礼,给他和妻子留下了终生难忘的回忆。

10多年来,陈州通过自己的行动向世人证明,残疾人虽然身体有缺陷,但一样可以征服大山,征服人生,一样能活得五彩缤纷。

Source: https://4g.dahe.cn/womenslife/20150506104911933

Google Translate:

Chen Zhou: The splendid life of a "legless tough guy"

Chen Zhou had a turbulent childhood. After his parents divorced, he wandered around. He lost his legs at the age of 13. After life and death, he became a wandering singer. Over the years, he has traveled to more than 700 cities across the country by singing with wooden boxes as his legs, and is known as "the person who walks with singing". Not only that, he has also climbed nearly 100 famous mountains and rivers across the country, including Mount Tai more than 10 times. On August 23, 2012, Chen Zhou once again climbed Mount Taishan in Dongyue. On the top of Mount Tai, he arranged the most romantic wedding for his lover who had been in love for 10 years. In November 2014, Chen Zhou and his wife appeared on CCTV's "Starting for Happiness" column, telling people about his misfortune and happy life.

In the winter of 1983, Chen Zhou was born in Wazibu Village, Ermiao Township, Cangshan County, Shandong Province. After his parents divorced, his father entrusted him to his grandfather and left home to make a living. The grandparents were financially difficult and could not send Chenzhou to school. At the age of 11, Chen Zhou went to various places to sing with a little hometown drama taught by his grandfather.

In May 1996, Chenzhou wandered to Changle, Weifang. He wanted to go to Jinan, but he had no money to buy a ticket, so he picked up the train. After the train set off, he found that he was sitting in the wrong direction and jumped off the train in a hurry. After the train passed, his legs were gone... Chen Zhou was soon discovered by patrolmen and taken to the hospital. Doctors had to amputate him to save his life. After being discharged from the hospital, Chen Zhou and his grandfather returned home, eating, drinking, and leasing all on the bed. Soon, the life at home could not be maintained, and grandpa had to take him out to beg.

In 1997, on the streets of Jiaxing, Zhejiang, Chen Zhou encountered something that changed his destiny. That day, he came across two disabled artists singing. He was watching, and a girl probably thought he was with the two disabled entertainers and gave him a dollar. At this time, someone asked Chen Zhou to sing a song too, and he sang "The Sailor". Thinking of his own experience, Chen Zhou sang very emotionally. As a result, his singing not only moved the audience, but also moved the two disabled artists. After the onlookers dispersed, the two disabled artists took Chen Zhou as their apprentices.

After that, Chen Zhou discovered his singing talent and started a life of street singing with his master.

A year later, Chen Zhou began to sing on the street by himself. The wooden box to support the stump and the extremely ordinary stereo are all his equipment. Although the equipment is rudimentary, it does not affect his affectionate singing. A song "Sailor" expresses his inner voice: "He said what is this pain in the wind and rain / Don't be afraid to wipe away the tears / At least we still have dreams..."

Of course, the days of singing were not all smooth, and Chen Zhou was once poor. Once in Jinan, it was snowing heavily, and no one listened to him outside. He had no income. He was so cold and hungry that his mouth was blue. That night, he picked up half a pear on the ground as a dinner. Now referring to that time, he also said, "That half of the pear tasted so good."

In the following 10 years, Chen Zhou "walked" all over the country with his hands in more than 700 cities, large and small, and sang more than 3,000 personal "concerts". Squares, streets, railway stations, parks, as long as there are people, can become his stage. For each performance, he has to prepare 10 songs, and he sings very deeply in each song. In this way, he sings for 5 hours almost every day in exchange for one day's accommodation and food.

What Chen Zhou did not expect was that through the performance, he not only supported himself, but also gained love. On May 20, 2002, Chen Zhou went to Jiujiang, Jiangxi to perform, and he chose the booth at the entrance of a clothing store. In the clothing store, there is a girl named Yu Lei who sells clothes. She is 22 years old and her hometown is Neixiang County, Henan Province. Since Chen Zhou's first performance, Yu Lei has always been an enthusiastic audience. On the eighth day of the performance, Chen Zhou summoned the courage to talk to her, and the two exchanged contact information.

Unexpectedly, the day after they left their contact information, it started to rain in Jiujiang. That day, when Chen Zhou received a pager and called back the phone, he heard Yu Lei's caring voice: "It's raining today, are you alright?" This greeting made Chen Zhou, who had tasted the warmth of human affection, feel waves in his heart. .

Since then, it has been raining for more than 20 consecutive days in Jiujiang, and Chen Zhou has no choice but to sing in front of Yu Lei's clothing store every day. The two people who were originally strangers gradually became familiar with each other during this period. The reason why Yu Lei truly identified Chen Zhou was due to her accidental illness. That day, after hearing that Yu Lei was sick, Chen Zhou "walked" in the rain for more than 4 hours, and finally found the hospital where Yu Lei was hospitalized. When he saw Chen Zhou appearing on the third floor of the hospital, leaning against the wall, with rain dripping from his clothes, Yu Lei was moved to tears.

A few days later, when Chen Zhou was about to leave Jiujiang and continued to wander, Yu Lei said, "Do you want me to go with you?"

Soon, Yu Lei made the craziest decision in his life: quit his job and wander with Chen Zhou. They sang while wandering, and began a 10-year love long march.

Since then, Chen Zhou has begun to plan for the future, and pays attention to keeping himself neat and tidy. He hopes that one day, he can travel all over the world with his beloved girl.

Efforts to give back to the society,

Thanks for the help

After that, every morning, before Chen Zhou got up, Yu Lei would squeeze the toothpaste and put it next to the mouthwash. After Chen Zhou finished washing up, Yu Lei had already prepared breakfast. Chen Zhou said: "In the eyes of others, this may not be a big deal, but for a long time, she has insisted on doing this, which moved me and felt very warm."

In May 2003, after Chen Zhou and Yu Lei's daughter Bei Bei was born, Chen Zhou became more energetic in singing.

He said that he likes children very much. When he comes home after singing every day, his wife opens the door for him, and he feels very happy when he sees the children running and playing at home.

Chen Zhou said that he is a person who walks by singing, and the reason why he can walk freely in various parts of the motherland is thanks to countless good-hearted people. For this, he has always been grateful, and whenever he has the opportunity, he wants to repay the society. In 2008, during the Wenchuan earthquake, although Chenzhou made little money, he still donated money to the disaster area.

No matter where he went, Chen Zhou always wanted to do something good. In Hengyang, there is a poor family with twin daughters who want to study, while both father and grandfather are paralyzed in bed, making it difficult for the family to live. After Chen Zhou found out, he donated 1,000 yuan from his savings to the family. Later, he held a charity performance at the foot of Nanyue, and gave all the 4,880 yuan raised to the family. Later, he also set up the "Chenzhou Fund" to help orphans and disabled children.

In Linyi, Chen Zhou heard that there were many poor patients in the Fourth People's Hospital, so he contacted the hospital for a charity performance and raised more than 9,700 yuan. He also participated in the charity performance of the "Heart of Gratitude" large-scale public welfare concert of Shandong Jianzhu University, and raised funds for the construction of "Siyuan Hope Primary School"...

The story of Chen Zhou's self-improvement has touched many people. In Guangdong, in order to motivate workers, many companies invited Chen Zhou to hold a solo concert among migrant workers. This gave Chen Zhou greater strength. He said: "On the one hand, I have to rely on singing to support my family, and on the other hand, I also want to slowly hone my singing skills. If I have the opportunity to participate in the National Singer Competition, it will be my dream of actually singing on stage."

Mountaineering challenges the limit,

give wife a romantic wedding

Once, Chen Zhou wandered to the foot of Mount Tai and saw that most of the tourists who came down from the mountain were tired and listless, he couldn't help but grabbed a person and asked, "How high is Mount Tai? Can I climb it?" The other party looked at him With a glance, he said disdainfully, "You want to climb to the top of Mount Tai too?" After speaking, he shook his head and left. It was this stranger's words that aroused Chen Zhou's desire to climb the mountain, and he insisted on climbing up to show everyone.

For the first time, he took more than 12 hours to reach Nantianmen, and was encouraged by many people along the way. On the way, he was so tired that he wanted to give up countless times, but after hearing the encouragement of others, he felt that he had strength again.

After that, Chenzhou became unstoppable. Wutai Mountain in Shanxi, Jiuhua Mountain in Anhui, and Wuyi Mountain in Fujian were almost all conquered by Chenzhou. As for Mount Tai, known as the head of the Five Sacred Mountains, Chenzhou has reached the top 11 times.

Because of mountain climbing, Chen Zhou was often scarred. What makes Chen Zhou the deepest memory is climbing Mount Wutai. I didn't know it would snow at that time. I started at 3 am and it started to snow when I was climbing. Chen Zhou thought that the snow would stop soon. The two small wooden boxes in his hand, his clothes and trousers were all wet. Even so, Chen Zhou insisted on climbing for more than 10 hours to reach the top of the mountain. After going down the mountain, Chen Zhou suffered frostbite in many places and lay on the bed for half a month.

On the morning of August 12, 2012, in front of the Huashan Yuquan Courtyard, after a simple start-up ceremony, Chenzhou set off from the foot of Huashan, climbed for a while and then began to climb Huashan. More than two hours later, after passing through Yushi, Wuliguan, and arriving at Shimen, Chen Zhou's back was soaked wet, and the sweat on his forehead and face kept dripping down. After 10 hours of hard work, Chenzhou finally climbed to the north peak of Mount Huashan, which ordinary people can climb in 4 hours.

On August 13, Chenzhou continued to challenge the South Peak of Huashan Peak. Chen Zhou's wife and children also accompanied him to climb the mountain from Beifeng to witness the moment of his victory. Facing the almost vertical "Ladder", Chen Zhou handed the small wooden box to others, clenched the iron lock with one hand, and slowly moved up with the other. With the encouragement of his family and tourists, he finally made it through the storm. At 5:10 p.m., it took about 20 hours before and after Chenzhou realized his dream of reaching the top of Huashan South Peak. The moment he hugged the stone tablet with "2154.9 meters above sea level" written on it, Chen Zhou cried excitedly: "This is the first time I have climbed a mountain in two days, and it is also the first time I am so tired."

At present, Chenzhou has climbed Mount Tai in Dongyue, Hengshan in Nanyue, Songshan in Zhongyue, Huashan in Xiyue, and Hengshan in Beiyue with both arms, becoming the first person in the world to "climb the five mountains with both hands" and is known as "Chinese Contemporary Xu Xiake".

Chen Zhou said: "God took my two legs, but gave me a stage, gave me a beautiful daughter-in-law and a pair of lovely children, and gave me a beautiful family. However, the only thing I regret Yes, on September 10, 2010, when my wife Yu Lei and I received the marriage certificate, we were not able to hold a decent wedding for her at all. This incident has always made me hard to let go. I began to dream of using my arms to get on board. The summit of the Five Sacred Mountains, at the summit of the Five Sacred Sacred Mountains, give your wife a unique wedding and fulfill your promise of love to his wife."

On August 23, 2012, Chen Zhou came to the foot of Mount Tai. Facing this mountain that is extremely difficult for ordinary people to climb, Chen Zhou smiled: "This is the 11th time I have climbed Mount Tai, and I am confident." Chen Zhou said that this time, he wanted to go with his wife Watch the sunrise together from the top of the mountain.

Chenzhou's mountaineering tools are two small square wooden boxes. He holds the handles of the wooden boxes with both hands, and his entire body is supported by the strength of his arms when walking. This time, in addition to being accompanied by disabled friends from all over the country, there is also his beloved wife Yu Lei. Along the way, Chen Zhou kept cheering for himself.

When he climbed to Zhongtianmen, Chen Zhou's hand cramped, and his palms were full of freshly ground bubbles. Here, Chen Zhou simply ate something, rested for a while, and then continued on his way. Along the way, Chen Zhou encouraged himself with singing. After passing the Zhongtian Gate, the steps became steeper and the sky became darker. Many well-meaning tourists persuaded him to give up, but he refused with a smile.

The sky was gradually darkening, and the steepest eighteen stages of the only way to get to Nantianmen were also waiting for him. At 8 o'clock in the evening, Chen Zhou finally reached the starting point of the eighteen sets. Seeing Chenzhou's feat, the tourists turned on their flashlights to illuminate him and guided him towards Nantianmen. "Chen Zhou, come on! Chen Zhou, come on!" The voice of cheering for Chen Zhou resounded through the sky.

Finally, Chen Zhou arrived at the Dragon Gate of the Eighteen Pans, getting closer and closer to the Nantian Gate. The most dangerous, tiring, and difficult journey began. "Hey, hey, hey, no matter how high the mountains are and how deep the waters are, hey, hey, hey, it can't stop me from running for the future..." At this time, Chen Zhou sang the song "Ambition in My Heart" while climbing. "song. When approaching Nantianmen, his wife Yu Lei, who had been waiting for a long time, handed Chen Zhou a bottle of drink. Looking at her tired and determined husband, Yu Lei burst into tears. Amid the cheers of everyone, Yu Lei squatted down and hugged Chen Zhou to cheer him on.

On the way to the mountain, Chen Zhou also met a group of fans who came from other places to cheer him on. Although he was very tired, the cheerful Chen Zhou did his best to meet the fans' request for group photos, and sang "Ambition in My Chest" for everyone on the spot. One fan said: "Whenever I'm exhausted, just seeing Chen Zhou's back makes me feel full of strength again."

When Chen Zhou moved up the last step of the eighteen sets, bursts of cheers and applause resounded through the night sky. Chen Zhou happily fell down and kissed the steps. From beginning to end, no matter how tired, Chen Zhou always had a confident smile on his face. With the enthusiastic and warm expectations of the tourists, Chenzhou arrived at Nantianmen. After a short rest, Chen Zhou put on the groom's clothes and waited for the arrival of the auspicious time, ready to marry the bride Yu Lei. In the expectations and blessings of the audience and friends, Chen Zhou and his wife Yu Lei completed the traditional Chinese wedding ceremony and sang loudly at the scene, thanking their parents, wives and children and the whole society for their attention to the disabled.

As a disabled person, Chen Zhou yearns for love and marriage. The wedding at the top of Mount Tai has left him and his wife with unforgettable memories.

For more than 10 years, Chen Zhou has proved to the world through his own actions that although disabled people have physical defects, they can conquer mountains, conquer life, and live colorful lives.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Paola Antonini

Paola Antonini is a Brazilian fitness model with an incredible story. She lost her leg in a car accident, after a drunk driver hit Paola while she loaded her luggage in the car.

The injuries were so severe that doctors had to amputate Paola’s leg and replace it with a prosthesis.

However, despite the tragedy, Paola never let it stop her from pursuing her passions in life.

She’s continued to live every day to its fullest, inspiring people from all over the world with her positive spirit and attitude. This is her story:

Accomplishments
    Successful Fitness Model
    Internet Star

Biography
    Early Modeling Days
    Paola Antonini was born in May 1994, in Brazil. Thanks to her awesome figure and personality, Paola entered the modeling world at an early age.

Alongside her modeling career, Paola also grew her online presence. She posted pictures of her fit body on social media, attracting numerous followers along the way.

Car Accident
    In 2014, Paola and her partner were preparing to travel for New Year’s celebration.

As they were putting luggage into their car, a drunk driver crashed into Paola. Her leg was instantly crushed.

Paola was rushed to the nearest hospital where doctors attempted to save her leg. Despite their best attempts, doctors had to amputate Paola’s leg below the knee.

After this, Paola had to go through a long and challenging recovery – both mentally and physically. She went to weekly physiotherapy sessions where she learned to walk again.

Paola Antonini sitting by the pool in a bikini

Amputation
    Just as Paola was learning to walk again, she was hit with more grim news.

After going for a check-up, the doctor said to Paola that she had to amputate her leg again, this time above her knee.

As a result, Paola went through yet another round of exhausting physiotherapy. And it was during this process that she had a leg prosthesis implanted.

Paola Antonini 10-year transformation before-after

Recovery
    Needless to say, the whole process starting with the accident and lasting all the way through the recovery severely affected Paola – both mentally and physically. “I’d never felt such intense pain in my life,” she said.

However, while the tragedy cost Paola her leg, she didn’t let it destroy her life. Instead, she continued to pursue her dreams in the modeling and fitness industry.

Paola Antonini walking down the modeling runway

Inspiring Others With Her Story
    Despite the terrible events that happened to her, Paola didn’t hide it from the world.

In fact, she used social media to share her courage and positive attitude with people who followed her.

A few days after the car accident, Paola posted a photo of herself in a hospital. In the picture caption, she wrote: “Always have hope in God. I wanted to thank you a lot for the prayers and all the affection. I don’t see any of this as a tragedy, but rather as a new chance at life. Thank you so much for keeping me alive, and in the end that’s what really matters.” – Paola Antonini

Paola’s positivity continues to inspire everyone who knows her, be it online or in person.

Paola Antonini running outdoors with one prosthetic leg looking happy and fit

Training
    Having a leg prosthesis doesn’t stop Paola from doing any exercise. In fact, she enjoys doing all sorts of activities; including weightlifting, running, and swimming.

Paola Antonini posing for the fitness photo, looking lean and healthy

Nutrition
    Paola Antonini eats a diet rich in lean proteins, steady-releasing carbs, and good fats. This includes poultry, legumes, nuts, avocados, berries, and vegetables.

For the most part, Paola prepares her own meals. But when she travels, she’ll opt for a healthy menu option at a restaurant instead.

Paola Antonini lying on a beach, smiling for the camera

Idols and Influences
    Paola Antonini is a huge influence for everyone who’s gone through a difficult time in their life.

Reading Paola story helps people put things into perspective, and appreciate everything they have in their lives.

Paola Antonini posing by an exotic tree looking fit and lean

What we can learn from Paola Antonini
    If nothing else, Paola Antonini has shown us to never give up, no matter how challenging life might get at times. Paola had her leg amputated after a serious car accident. However, she rebounded stronger than ever to become an inspiration for millions of people.

One key takeaway from Paola’s story is to accept what you can’t control and do your best to improve things that you can. With this kind of mindset, you too can push past anything that stands between you and your happiness.

Source: https://www.greatestphysiques.com/fe...aola-antonini/
    Last edited by xidaijena; 31st July 2022 at 01:08.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to xidaijena For This Post:

Harmony (31st July 2022)

3. Link to Post #2
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Default Re: Two inspiring stories of Disabled but Determined persons: Chenzhou and Paola Antonini

This morning, I came across the story of Helen Keller and it shocked me a lot. I was touched to tear when seeing what her teacher helped her.

So, I decide to change this thread into a sharing of Inspiring stories of Disabled but Determined Persons.

~~~~~~~~~~~

The Miracle Worker (1962)

Helen Keller in Her Story - 1954

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Helen_Keller

I don't know she was like a monster when she was a child. Without her teacher, she could not be famous.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to xidaijena For This Post:

Harmony (31st July 2022)

5. Link to Post #3
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Default Re: Two inspiring stories of Disabled but Determined persons: Chenzhou and Paola Antonini

The story of Nick Vujicic

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nick_Vujicic

When seeing him, I know that I can do more and better.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to xidaijena For This Post:

Harmony (31st July 2022)

+ Reply to Thread