Thread: Fitness bike advice?

1. Link to Post #1
    Netherlands Avalon Member
    Language
    Dutch
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,294 times in 1,173 posts

Default Fitness bike advice?

Am trying to get a little in shape, looking at a hometrainer, on a budget so you know. I just wonder if there is anyone here able to advise me if this one "bike" is good enough to do some "get rid of belly" training. I like the one linked, if anyone has any experience with that one, please let me know if worth it.

FitBike Ride 1 Hometrainer

There's so many crappy ones out there, not cheap either, so. Any advise would be appreciated.

Last edited by 9ideon; 31st July 2022 at 11:28.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 9ideon For This Post:

Inversion (31st July 2022), mojo (31st July 2022)

3. Link to Post #2
    United States Avalon Member mojo's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 39,413 times in 5,643 posts

Default Re: Fitness bike advice?

Personally use an Elliptical trainer and would never give it up. IMO it's the best cardio machine you just dont get the full body core workout on a petal bike. I burn 760 calories in just under an hour equaling about 5600 strides.

I follow this channel he is really good.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to mojo For This Post:

9ideon (31st July 2022)

5. Link to Post #3
    England Avalon Member
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Curious... why an exercise bike and not a road bike? A road bike will give you a much greater workout if getting fit is your goal.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Losus4 For This Post:

9ideon (31st July 2022), mojo (31st July 2022)

7. Link to Post #4
    Netherlands Avalon Member
    Language
    Dutch
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,294 times in 1,173 posts

Quote Posted by Losus4 (here)
    Curious... why an exercise bike and not a road bike? A road bike will give you a much greater workout if getting fit is your goal.
    I hate bikes, that's basically the reason, I would prefer a rowing machine, but they are too expensive.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to 9ideon For This Post:

mojo (31st July 2022)

9. Link to Post #5
    Canada Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 17,223 times in 2,093 posts

Quote Posted by 9ideon (here)
    Quote Posted by Losus4 (here)
    I hate bikes, that's basically the reason, I would prefer a rowing machine, but they are too expensive.
    I have a Nordi Track Free stride Trainer.

It might be expensive for some people, but you do get what you pay for. I have bad knees and low back issues, and the Free Stride Trainer gives me a good workout with little pressure on my knees (no impact).

Also, whenever using these training types of utilities - focus your mind on your stomach area and visualize your movements coming from there. (An old Karate technique.) This will help you get a good "core" workout.

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Patient For This Post:

9ideon (31st July 2022), mojo (31st July 2022), Strat (31st July 2022)

11. Link to Post #6
    Canada Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 17,223 times in 2,093 posts

Am trying to get a little in shape, looking at a hometrainer, on a budget so you know. I just wonder if there is anyone here able to advise me if this one "bike" is good enough to do some "get rid of belly" training. I like the one linked, if anyone has any experience with that one, please let me know if worth it.

There's so many crappy ones out there, not cheap either, so. Any advise would be appreciated.

Look for a good used deal too! Many people buy things then they realize that it is not what they thought is was and don't use it!

I am looking at a decent quality Trail Bicycle myself right now. I am seeing quality bikes (with some good suspension) quickly climb in price. I have been out of the bicycle world too long - there are a lot of options out there.

Anyone wondering - I am over 60 years of age - fitness only stops when you decide to stop yourself.

Look at Bill climbing mountains!! Geez!
    Last edited by Patient; 31st July 2022 at 18:33.

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Patient For This Post:

9ideon (31st July 2022), mojo (31st July 2022), Strat (31st July 2022)

13. Link to Post #7
    United States Avalon Member mojo's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 39,413 times in 5,643 posts

Quote Posted by Patient (here)

Look for a good used deal too! Many people buy things then they realize that it is not what they thought is was and don't use it!

I am looking at a decent quality Trail Bicycle myself right now. I am seeing quality bikes (with some good suspension) quickly climb in price. I have been out of the bicycle world too long - there are a lot of options out there.

Anyone wondering - I am over 60 years of age - fitness only stops when you decide to stop yourself.

Look at Bill climbing mountains!! Geez!
    Right on! I picked up my elliptical for $200 used. It costs $3200 new. Definitely look the deals are out there.

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mojo For This Post:

9ideon (1st August 2022), Strat (31st July 2022)

+ Reply to Thread