+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Man Arrested For "Causing Anxiety"

1. Link to Post #1
    United States Avalon Member Mike's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 50,303 times in 5,692 posts

Default Man Arrested For "Causing Anxiety"

A man in England, army veteran, is dragged out of his house and arrested for retweeting a meme critical of the LGBTQ movement. When he asked the officer why he was being arrested, he was told it was because his tweet was "causing anxiety".

What's crazy about this, aside from all the obvious things I mean, is that they didn't arrest the person who originally tweeted the meme. They arrested the guy who retweeted it.

..the Orwellian Keystone Cops lol

Matt Walsh breaks it all down. 13 mins long.
    Last edited by Mike; 7th August 2022 at 14:19.

2. The Following 27 Users Say Thank You to Mike For This Post:

9ideon (7th August 2022), anasazi (8th August 2022), avid (7th August 2022), Brigantia (7th August 2022), christian (7th August 2022), ClearWater (7th August 2022), Dennis Leahy (7th August 2022), ExomatrixTV (7th August 2022), Franny (7th August 2022), Harmony (7th August 2022), Inversion (7th August 2022), Ioneo (7th August 2022), JackMcThorn (7th August 2022), Jambo (7th August 2022), Johnnycomelately (7th August 2022), meeradas (7th August 2022), mountain_jim (7th August 2022), O Donna (7th August 2022), Orph (7th August 2022), Reinhard (7th August 2022), Stephanie (7th August 2022), The KMan (7th August 2022), thepainterdoug (7th August 2022), TomKat (24th August 2022), Vangelo (7th August 2022), Vicus (25th August 2022), XelNaga (7th August 2022)

3. Link to Post #2
    Netherlands Avalon Member
    Language
    Dutch
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,294 times in 1,173 posts

Default Re: Man Arrested For "Causing Anxiety"

Interesting Vid, there's something happening in UK.

Last edited by 9ideon; 7th August 2022 at 14:51.

4. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to 9ideon For This Post:

avid (7th August 2022), Brigantia (7th August 2022), Dennis Leahy (7th August 2022), ExomatrixTV (7th August 2022), Inversion (7th August 2022), Jambo (7th August 2022), Johnnycomelately (7th August 2022), Mike (7th August 2022), mountain_jim (7th August 2022), O Donna (7th August 2022), Orph (7th August 2022), Reinhard (7th August 2022), The KMan (7th August 2022), Vangelo (7th August 2022)

5. Link to Post #3
    Ireland Avalon Member JackMcThorn's Avatar
    Language
    I talk american
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,453 times in 571 posts

I think 'free speech' in certain circles is a misnomer for letting some of the truth [or lies] 'to rise to the surface'. This identifies dissent: precisely.

Social Media: identifies, judges, and punishes dissent. It didn't take long for law enforcement to become involved and I suspect it will get worse.

Since I have been in Ireland nearly 4 years I have learned a lot about the U.K. and her inconsistencies.

England will often refer to her colours as 'the red, white, and blue' which sounds creepy to an american - at least it did to me. But what is more interesting is the emphasis on 'Free Speech' and 'Freedoms' and 'Democracy'. It sounds parroted from american lore in order to lure the people into a false sense of security. One that distances the crown and perhaps even designed to make the crown seem invisible, once powerful - now just figureheads. [But I do not think they are just figureheads in this modern era.]

The Tories have been using the label: Conservatives for the better part of over 2o years. Tories has certainly a reputation that precedes itself. They are far from Conservative but an american could be easily confused by the politics of the U.K. [and Ireland is very confusing as well as the rest of Europe. I have barely scratched the surface.]

I was struck by the following logo. Both the lower House of Commons, and the upper House of Lords use this logo. The Commons is green, the Lords is red.

Name:  hocommons.jpg
Views: 568
Size:  45.6 KB

It looks to me that the crown is overall vested [overseer] and each house is shrouded in chains and gated.

This does not look like symbology relevant to freedoms. [I have noticed that liberty is not really a term used in lieu of freedom next door.] Further, this U.K. government design of democracy is supposedly 'the oldest on the planet'.

Notwithstanding, I am not surprised at the arrest of 'causing anxiety on social media'. When I got booted off of facebook, I was using colourful terminology [severe] to describe an american agency and facebook jumped on it. I didn't even get a warning. Just booted. I tried to get the account back a couple times to no avail. Now, I've decided to keep my distance from social media even though I no longer have the urge to offer dissent to government agencies. It really is a waste of breath.

But that does not mean I do not remain suspicious. England was america's original enemy. England was also Ireland's original enemy. Given the state of the western collective it seems that some people have forgotten the past and some have not.
    Irishness is not primarily a question of birth or blood or language; it is the condition of being involved in the Irish situation, and usually of being mauled by it. ~ Conor C. O'Brien [1917-2oo8]

6. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to JackMcThorn For This Post:

9ideon (7th August 2022), avid (7th August 2022), ExomatrixTV (7th August 2022), Inversion (7th August 2022), Johnnycomelately (7th August 2022), Mike (7th August 2022), Orph (7th August 2022), The KMan (7th August 2022), Vangelo (7th August 2022)

7. Link to Post #4
    Netherlands Avalon Member ExomatrixTV's Avatar
    Language
    English, Dutch, German, Limburgs
    Thanks
    Thanked 125,630 times in 20,810 posts

• Ex-police Officer Harry Miller Recalls When The Police Came To ‘Check His Thinking.’:
    No need to follow anyone, only consider broadening (y)our horizon of possibilities ...

8. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to ExomatrixTV For This Post:

9ideon (7th August 2022), avid (7th August 2022), Inversion (7th August 2022), Johnnycomelately (7th August 2022), Mike (7th August 2022), Reinhard (7th August 2022), The KMan (7th August 2022), Vangelo (7th August 2022)

9. Link to Post #5
    Language
    Thanks

• Army Vet Allegedly Arrested for 'Causing Anxiety' Over Gay Pride Tweet and Police Commissioner's Reaction Is Turning Heads:

A video purportedly showing a U.K. Army veteran being arrested for “causing anxiety” by retweeting a controversial meme of a swastika made from images of gay pride flags is shocking people globally.

And the alleged incident is also drawing condemnation from Donna Jones, police and crime commissioner for Hampshire, U.K., who said in a statement to the Daily Mail the video left her “concerned.”

The incident in question surrounded Darren Brady, 51, an Army veteran who shared the meme on Twitter — an image reportedly originally posted by actor-turned-activist Laurence Fox.

Video of the incident shows an officer telling Brady outside his Aldershot, U.K., home he was being arrested for causing “anxiety” after a complaint was made to police.

Fox was reportedly on-site at the time of the arrest as well.

“Someone has been caused anxiety based on your social media post,” one cop purportedly told Brady. “That is why you have been arrested.”

The Hampshire Constabulary, the office from which officers were dispatched, released a statement about the incident explaining why cops chose to arrest Brady.

“When officers arrived, they were prevented from entering the address to discuss a potential resolution to the matter,” the statement read. “As a result, officers felt it was necessary to arrest a man at the scene so they could interview him in relation to the alleged offense.”

It seems this explanation won’t suffice, though, as Jones, who oversees policing in the area, said she was aware of the Twitter video of the arrest and another related detainment and is exploring the events to learn more and to prevent future occurrences.

“I have taken this issue up with the Constabulary today and have been advised officers made the arrests following a complaint from a member of the public of an alleged hate crime. It follows a post on social media of Progress Pride flags in the shape of a Swastika,” she said. “I am concerned about both the proportionality and necessity of the police’s response to this incident.”

Jones continued, “When incidents on social media receive not one but two visits from police officers, but burglaries and non-domestic break-ins don’t always get a police response, something is wrong.”

And she wasn’t done there. The commissioner said she wanted to see the police serve the public properly, in ways the majority would expect.

“It appears on this occasion this has not happened,” Jones said, noting she hopes the example of what went wrong helps police react more appropriately in the future.

Another man named Harry Miller, a former cop, was on scene with Brady and Fox and was also allegedly arrested over efforts to stop police from detaining Brady.
    Miller later called cops’ anxiety claim “utterly ridiculous.”

Police had reportedly visited Brady days before the arrest to tell him he could take a class to avoid legal repercussions over the incident; Brady allegedly told them he would think it over, and they reportedly returned later to arrest him, according to Miller.

Miller and Fox run a group called The Bad Law Project, an organization based on giving a “voice to the voiceless” by challenging and calling out “bad law.”
    The BBC reported that a police spokesperson said decisions would be more measured in the future.

“We are engaging further with our police and crime commissioner to make sure that we deploy our resource in a way that reflects need in our local communities,” the spokesperson said.

It should be noted that the clips showing the incident are short and do not appear to show the full scope of statements and events surrounding the arrest.
    related:
    Last edited by ExomatrixTV; 7th August 2022 at 15:37.
    No need to follow anyone, only consider broadening (y)our horizon of possibilities ...

10. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to ExomatrixTV For This Post:

9ideon (7th August 2022), avid (7th August 2022), ClearWater (7th August 2022), Inversion (7th August 2022), Johnnycomelately (7th August 2022), Mike (7th August 2022), mountain_jim (7th August 2022), Orph (7th August 2022), Reinhard (7th August 2022), The KMan (7th August 2022), thepainterdoug (7th August 2022), Vangelo (7th August 2022), XelNaga (7th August 2022)

11. Link to Post #6
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,158 times in 1,663 posts

Subcategory of the Minority Report?

Anxiety weaponized (?)

Quote You all saw him. He had a gun.
    - Bill Hicks
    Knock Knock

12. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to O Donna For This Post:

9ideon (8th August 2022), ExomatrixTV (7th August 2022), Mike (7th August 2022), Reinhard (7th August 2022), The KMan (7th August 2022), Vicus (25th August 2022)

13. Link to Post #7
    Language
    Thanks

So using their logic ... should not the whole UK Government be arrested for causing Anxiety attacks on the masses during the (totally unnecessary) lock-downs and pushing for experimental gene-therapy injections with multiple toxins where Big Pharma can not be held accountable / no liability even when vaccine-injuries has been proven over and over again... Giving millions to a totally corrupt "health (s)care" system all payed by the citizens taxes ... One big scam you are not allowed to be critical about! ...So much has been proven to be lies & deception then they suppress & censoring anyone who can expose their scam.

cheers,
    John 🦜🦋🌳
    Last edited by ExomatrixTV; 9th August 2022 at 11:16.

14. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to ExomatrixTV For This Post:

9ideon (8th August 2022), ClearWater (8th August 2022), Mike (8th August 2022), Orph (9th August 2022), Patient (24th August 2022), Reinhard (8th August 2022), ulli (8th August 2022), Vangelo (8th August 2022), wondering (24th August 2022)

15. Link to Post #8
    United States Avalon Member Mike's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 50,303 times in 5,692 posts

This should be required watching for anyone who values free speech, free thought, and despises injustice.

Harry Miller, former police officer, was present when a man was arrested for "causing anxiety" with a tweet. He heroically tried to prevent the arrest.

He has also been harassed by the police, who arrived at his place of employment to question him over his "gender critical" tweets.

Here he sits down with the "Triggernometry" guys for a fascinating interview. Little over an hour long:

16. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Mike For This Post:

Johnnycomelately (25th August 2022), meeradas (25th August 2022), onawah (24th August 2022), Vangelo (25th August 2022), wondering (24th August 2022)

+ Reply to Thread