+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Tom Cruise Vindicated For Viral Rant Against Big Pharma – New Study

1. Link to Post #1
    Netherlands Avalon Member ExomatrixTV's Avatar
    Language
    English, Dutch, German, Limburgs
    Thanks
    Thanked 125,697 times in 20,824 posts

Exclamation Tom Cruise Vindicated For Viral Rant Against Big Pharma – New Study

• Tom Cruise Vindicated For Viral Rant Against Big Pharma – New Study:

Depression and serotonin (UK, July 2022)
    Moncrieff, J., Cooper, R.E., Stockmann, T. et al. The serotonin theory of depression: a systematic umbrella review of the evidence. Mol Psychiatry (2022).
    The serotonin theory of depression: a systematic umbrella review of the evidence We aimed to synthesise and evaluate evidence, whether depression is associated with lowered serotonin Studies included 17 studies, 12 systematic reviews and meta-analyses, 5 other relevant studies Serotonin metabolite, 5-HIAA levels unchanged
    Serotonin (neurotransmitter), quickly metabolized Serotonin ----- MAO ------ 5-hydroxy indole acetic acid (5HIAA) (5-hydroxyindoleacetic acid) Plasma 5-HIAA, showed no association with depression Cerebrospinal fluid 5-HIAA, showed no association with depression Plasma serotonin Showed no relationship with depression Several studies of post-menopausal women, revealed lower levels of plasma 5-HT in women with depression, (p more than 0.05) Serotonin receptors 5-HT1A post synaptic receptor In depression (caused by reduced serotonin) expected to show increased activity of 5-HT1A receptors Studies found either no difference in 5-HT1A receptors (between people with depression and controls), or a lower level of these receptors Tryptophan depletion Studies found no effect in healthy volunteers, but weak evidence of an effect in those with a family history of depression Studies of the Serotonin transporter (SERT) gene
    Serotonin transporter (SERT) is the molecular target of selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors As expected, antidepressant treatment reduces SERT Amount or activity of SERT would be expected to be higher in people with depression No evidence of an association with depression, or of an interaction between genotype, stress and depression. Effects of SSRIs on plasma serotonin Lowered serotonin concentration was associated with antidepressant use Sensitivity analyses revealed that antidepressants were strongly associated with lower serotonin levels independently of depression. Discussion This review suggests that the huge research effort based on the serotonin hypothesis has not produced convincing evidence of a biochemical basis to depression. This is consistent with research on many other biological markers We suggest it is time to acknowledge that the serotonin theory of depression is not empirically substantiated Some evidence was consistent with the possibility that long-term antidepressant use reduces serotonin concentration.
    Last edited by ExomatrixTV; 21st August 2022 at 02:16.
    No need to follow anyone, only consider broadening (y)our horizon of possibilities ...

2. The Following 17 Users Say Thank You to ExomatrixTV For This Post:

Arcturian108 (21st August 2022), Bill Ryan (21st August 2022), Casey Claar (2nd August 2023), ClearWater (21st August 2022), DouglasDanger (21st August 2022), Ewan (2nd August 2023), Inversion (21st August 2022), Ioneo (21st August 2022), Jad (21st August 2022), Michi (21st August 2022), ramus (22nd August 2022), Starkey (21st August 2022), Sunny-side-up (21st August 2022), The KMan (21st August 2022), Vicus (21st August 2022), Violet3 (21st August 2022), wondering (21st August 2022)

3. Link to Post #2
    United States Avalon Member Starkey's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Default Re: Tom Cruise Vindicated For Viral Rant Against Big Pharma – New Study

When I was in college and I took my psychology 101 class, the professor asked us if we thought talk therapy or drugs were better for treating mental illness. The premise of the question was basically, did we think the problem was more psychological or physiological. Most of the students sided with talk therapy because, I think, they didn’t want to support big pharma. I was in a tough spot because I also didn’t want to support big pharma, but from my own experience I felt the problem was absolutely physiological. In my case , however, detoxing is what helped me. I know Tom Cruise is a Scientologist and they also emphasize detoxing. That’s what makes me think Scientology might have some merit even though the church clearly seems to be abusive. I always recommend a book called Detoxify or Die by Dr. Sherry A.Rodgers. That is the kind of environmental medicine that helped me.

4. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Starkey For This Post:

Bill Ryan (21st August 2022), DouglasDanger (21st August 2022), ExomatrixTV (21st August 2022), Harmony (23rd August 2022), Inversion (21st August 2022), Jad (21st August 2022), Journeyman (22nd August 2022), mizo (21st August 2022), ninorc (22nd August 2022), ramus (22nd August 2022), Sue (Ayt) (3rd August 2023), Sunny-side-up (21st August 2022)

5. Link to Post #3
    Language
    Thanks

For the record am against all forms of (hierarchical) cults especially Scientology and had some ex-Scientologists & victims of Scientology sharing among others stuff from RonsOrg & ronsorg.com that were nice & very kind people and far from being abusive nor pushing anything.
    • What Tom Cruise did >>> stands on its own feet own merit >>> and has valuable for all of humanity ... and does not mean I "endorse" Scientology by sharing above video about Tom Cruise ...
    cheers,
    John 🦜🦋🌳
    Last edited by ExomatrixTV; 22nd August 2022 at 20:32.
    No need to follow anyone, only consider broadening (y)our horizon of possibilities ...

6. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to ExomatrixTV For This Post:

ClearWater (22nd August 2022), Harmony (23rd August 2022), Inversion (24th August 2022), Michel Leclerc (2nd August 2023), Starkey (22nd August 2022), Sue (Ayt) (3rd August 2023), Vicus (22nd August 2022)

7. Link to Post #4
    Language
    Thanks

• Great Questions On Depression:

8. Link to Post #5

9. Link to Post #6
    Language
    Thanks

• Ex-Scientologist Reveals HORRORS of Tom Cruise?

Claire Headley was one of the top dogs in Scientology for decades, and witnessed first hand some of the most insane and cruellest behaviour by Tom Cruise, whose new Mission: Impossible film is out today.
    • HUGE: Is This The End For Scientology?:

Aaron Smith-Levin is back to talk us through the upcoming civil law suit with Scientology after the Danny Masterson Trial brought the cult to its knees. We'll have all the inside scoops from Aaron, who is an ex-Scientologist and has sources taking us through everything from Tom Cruise and Danny Masterson to David Miscavige's role in the trial.
    Last edited by ExomatrixTV; 4th August 2023 at 23:40.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to ExomatrixTV For This Post:

Debra (2nd August 2023)

+ Reply to Thread