+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Interview with an Exorcist: Father Ripperger

1. Link to Post #1
    United States Avalon Member Mike's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 50,547 times in 5,712 posts

Default Interview with an Exorcist: Father Ripperger

This is a fascinating interview, and covers all aspects of the exorcism process, along with some personal anecdotes about Father Ripperger's journey and his experiences as an exorcist.

He explains:
    - How one becomes possessed
    - How to avoid possession
    - How a priest approaches a demon, his tactics and mentality and so on.
    - How to keep demons away after the exorcism
    - The nature of demons, their purpose, and why God allows them to operate in some people's lives

...and much more. All crammed in to a roughly 30 minute video. Very, very interesting stuff.

I think we find out who we truly are and what we truly believe in when our back is up against the wall. In my adult life, during periods of distress, I've never sought out so called ascended masters, spirits, spirit guides, and so on. Not in earnest anyway. I've always prayed directly to God or Jesus.

And if I was ever possessed, I would not seek out the local witch doctor! I'm going straight to the Catholic church, because they seem to have this type of thing down pat.

Last edited by Mike; 21st August 2022 at 17:25.

2. The Following 17 Users Say Thank You to Mike For This Post:

Alecs (22nd August 2022), Chip (21st August 2022), Delight (21st August 2022), Harmony (22nd August 2022), Inversion (22nd August 2022), Ioneo (23rd August 2022), Johnnycomelately (21st August 2022), Kalamos (22nd August 2022), Kryztian (26th August 2022), lisalu (6th September 2022), Matthew (19th August 2023), Olam (21st August 2022), onawah (21st August 2022), pabranno (22nd August 2022), pounamuknight (22nd August 2022), RunningDeer (21st August 2022), wondering (21st August 2022)

3. Link to Post #2
    Thanks

Default Re: Interview with an Exorcist: Father Ripperger

Part 2 for anyone who is interested. More great stuff. 27 mins long:

4. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Mike For This Post:

Delight (21st August 2022), Harmony (22nd August 2022), Inversion (22nd August 2022), Johnnycomelately (21st August 2022), lisalu (6th September 2022), onawah (21st August 2022), pabranno (22nd August 2022), pounamuknight (22nd August 2022), RunningDeer (22nd August 2022)

5. Link to Post #3
    United States Avalon Member onawah's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 116,543 times in 20,693 posts

Thanks for posting that Mike!
    I've posted about this before, but I'll be succinct.
    I've had experience with demons and so I know it's a very real phenomena, and probably not as unusual as most people think.
    I think it may be common for some people to involuntarily take on demons that are inhabiting other people, because that's what happened to me more than once.

Partial possession in one case, is what the (non-Catholic) exorcist called it the first time, when a demon from my alcoholic father entered me while he was scolding me, the first time I had experienced such a thing, and it was a dreadful shock.
    I was 3 or 4 years old at the time, but it wasn't until after my NDE when I was in my late 20s that I got help, so I battled with that demon for a long time.

I don't know what it might be called in the the latest case, but I took on a demon from a woman who was my caregiver for a couple of months a few years ago.
    I think it entered me when I saw her scolding her own child, a girl about 8 years old, grandchild of the woman who had brought her along to work that day (poor child! ).
    I was in a state of shock then too, and I'm not sure why it left me, but I saw it when it left, which was quite interesting.
    (Nasty little thing, which seemed to be cursing me as it fled. and to know I was watching it. )
    Possibly it left because I had just finally been able to relax long enough to get into a more positive state of mind once the woman was no longer working for me.

Another time was when my brother committed suicide and a family entity that had been passed down from sibling to sibling entered me; I was in my 30s that time.
    I became suicidal and by then I knew what was causing that (it wasn't all grief for my brother), and though I couldn't rid myself of it after a struggle of several weeks, it finally left me after an aborted suicide attempt.
    I still don't quite know why--perhaps just the battle I went through with myself when I was trying and failing to slit my wrists was what did it.
    ( I learned about such entities much later from a wonderful shamaness, who told me that I had incarnated into that family in order to help break the chain of inherited dysfunction.
    Also from a best seller by Carolyn Myss ( I think it was Anatomy of the Spirit), where she said that many of her clients were spiritual people who voluntarily incarnated into such families, because they knew our world was headed into a dark place and needed as much help as it could get. )

Another time was when I was in my early 20s and had a backlash breakdown after a few LSD trips that got me into some exalted states I wasn't really prepared for (dangerous stuff--LSD!!)
    I was suicidal, but I knew if I could just get out of the city and into the country I would be OK.
    I was accepted into a Zen Center in the mountains of Virginia where I lived for about a year, and got into some exalted states natually through meditation and communion with Nature, which healed me.

I was inspired by these things the priest said: "Demons are the instrument of our sanctification"; "We attain a level of sanctity and virtue that otherwise we wouldn't"; "Some of the holiest people I've ever met were people who were possessed".

If nothing else, such an experience can be inspiring because it can cause one to realize that such pheomena are certainly real, and to begin to study the lives of the saints and prophets, and to model one's self more after their example, which also helped me.
    He also said that Satan hates self-sacrifice, and he mentioned fasting. I've done some fasting and I also regularly eat and drink things which don't taste at all good, but which are very healthy, and I think that may count as well.

However, I used to know someone who was clairvoyant and could see demons, especially in his youth when he was drummer in a band which sometimes played in bars.
    He said he could see demons entering the patrons who were inebriated, and that it would visibly change the people's behavior for the worse as they did so.
    Then they would leave the first patron and enter another, and the same thing would happen.
    Sadly, he was hardly a paragon of virtue when I knew him in his philandering middle age years, though I think he's better now and I hear he's happily married.
    Last edited by onawah; 22nd August 2022 at 04:58.
    Each breath a gift...

6. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to onawah For This Post:

avid (21st August 2022), Eva2 (21st August 2022), Harmony (22nd August 2022), Johan (Keyholder) (4th September 2023), Kryztian (26th August 2022), lisalu (6th September 2022), Mike (21st August 2022), pabranno (22nd August 2022), Peace in Oz (22nd August 2022), pounamuknight (22nd August 2022), RunningDeer (21st August 2022), ulli (26th August 2022)

7. Link to Post #4
    Thanks

hi Nat, I think the demons serve as sanctification tool too. The people I know in my life, yourself included, who have done significant battle with demons are all unique in the sense that they are all very grounded spiritually. I believe that that groundedness is earned in battle. It's an unpopular opinion in New Age and alt media circles, but true nonetheless, far as I can tell.

I hope you don't mind me asking: the demon that you saw leave you, what did it look like exactly?

8. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Mike For This Post:

Harmony (22nd August 2022), Inversion (22nd August 2022), Kryztian (26th August 2022), lisalu (6th September 2022), onawah (22nd August 2022), pabranno (22nd August 2022), Peace in Oz (22nd August 2022), pounamuknight (22nd August 2022), RunningDeer (21st August 2022)

9. Link to Post #5
    Albania Avalon Retired Member
    Language
    Albanian
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,902 times in 467 posts

[43 : 36] And whoever is blinded from remembrance of the Most Merciful - We appoint for him a devil, and he is to him a companion.
    [43 : 37] And indeed, the devils avert them from the way while they think that they are guided.

Most of possesions don't need exorcists, they are needed only in complicated situations and still they aren't capable of doing anything on their own, they are only mediators. Also using the cross or other symbols is useless, you just pray and ask God to remove possesion.

In nowadays is called: Entity attachment.
    Last edited by Eagle Eye; 21st August 2022 at 23:10.

10. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Eagle Eye For This Post:

Harmony (22nd August 2022), Inversion (22nd August 2022), lisalu (6th September 2022), onawah (22nd August 2022), pabranno (26th August 2022), Peace in Oz (22nd August 2022), pounamuknight (22nd August 2022), RunningDeer (21st August 2022)

11. Link to Post #6
    Language
    English
    Thanks

I don't mind at all, Mike, and thanks for the compliment, but it's difficult to describe, because it wasn't visible to my physical eyes.
    I saw it with my third eye, for want of a better term.

It looked like a small, rapidly diminishing blob of energy, black as a black hole in space and indeed it did appear to be entering a sort of black hole, but if it had had a face, it would have probably looked like that emoji I used above !!
    And it was fuming at me, and I could tell it didn't want to leave and seemed to blame me for it having to, but it was gone POOF! ..just like that.
    I didn't feel any special sense of freedom right away, but I was definitely disconcerted, and then amused and then relieved, followed by an "AHA!" moment, because it connected all the dots and I realized suddenly why I had been feeling so weird.
    But I still felt a lot of pain for that poor little girl for whom I could do nothing but pray.
    Her grandmother told me a bit about the family, which made mine look harmless by comparison.

She had a daughter who was a "welfare mom", who had had 5 children, all by different men, and wasn't coping well with her 2 youngest.
    Granny said that she and her husband had adopted the 3 oldest, one boy and 2 girls. The boy was so deliquent they had to lock him in the house to keep him out of trouble, along with the 2 girls who he probably took his angst out on a lot.

I actually thought about reporting this mess to Child Welfare, but knowing how terrible the foster system is, I didn't know if that would be doing them a favor or a disservice, or if it would accomplish anything at all.
    And in any case, she literally knew where I live, and I wasn't willing to make that kind of sacrifice at this stage of my life.
    Quote Posted by Mike (here)
    hi Nat, I think the demons serve as sanctification tool too. The people I know in my life, yourself included, who have done significant battle with demons are all unique in the sense that they are all very grounded spiritually. I believe that that groundedness is earned in battle. It's an unpopular opinion in New Age and alt media circles, but true nonetheless, far as I can tell.

I hope you don't mind me asking: the demon that you saw leave you, what did it look like exactly?
    Last edited by onawah; 22nd August 2022 at 02:18.
    Each breath a gift...

12. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to onawah For This Post:

Harmony (22nd August 2022), Inversion (22nd August 2022), Johan (Keyholder) (4th September 2023), Kryztian (26th August 2022), lisalu (6th September 2022), pabranno (22nd August 2022), Peace in Oz (22nd August 2022), pounamuknight (22nd August 2022), RunningDeer (22nd August 2022)

13. Link to Post #7
    United States Avalon Member RunningDeer's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 168,302 times in 18,139 posts

“…you gave me a prayer. I want to share it that has helped me tremendously where you specifically mention any area that you feel like is being oppressed. If the evil one wants it he's got to go to Our Lady now because it's hers."
    @16:37 - pdf: Consecration of One’s Exterior Goods to the Blessed Virgin Mary
    I (Name), a faithless sinner, renew and ratify today in thy hands the vows of my Baptism; I renounce forever Satan, his pomps and works; and I give myself entirely to Jesus Christ, the Incarnate Wisdom, to carry my cross after Him all the days of my life, and to be more faithful to Him than I have ever been before.

In the presence of all the heavenly court, I choose thee, O Mary, this day for my Mother and Mistress. Knowing that I have received rights over all my exterior goods by the promulgation of the the Natural Law by the Divine Author, I deliver and consecrate to thee, as thy slave, all of my exterior goods, past, present and future; I relinquish into thy hands, my Heavenly Mother, all rights over my exterior goods, including my health, finances, relationships, possessions, property, my job and my earthly success and I retain for myself no right of disposing the goods that come to me but leave to thee the entire and full right of disposing of all that belongs to me, without exception, according to thy good pleasure, for the greater glory of God in time and in eternity.

As I now interiorly relinquish what belongs to me exteriorly into thy hands, I entrust to thee the protection of those exterior goods against the evil one, so that, knowing that they now belong to thee, he cannot touch them. Receive, O good and pious Virgin, this little offering of what little is, in honor of, and in union with, that subjection which the Eternal Wisdom deigned to have to thy maternity; in homage to the power which both of you have over this poor sinner, and in thanksgiving for the privileges with which the Holy Trinity has favored thee. Trusting in the providential care of God the Father and thy maternal care, I have full confidence that thou wilst take care of me as to the necessities of this life and will not leave me forsaken. God the Father, increase my trust in Thy Son’s Mother; Our Lady of Fair Love, give me perfect confidence in the providence of Thy Son.
    This is a fascinating interview, and covers all aspects of the exorcism process, along with some personal anecdotes about Father Ripperger's journey and his experiences as an exorcist.

He explains:
    - How one becomes possessed
    - How to avoid possession
    - How a priest approaches a demon, his tactics and mentality and so on.
    - How to keep demons away after the exorcism
    - The nature of demons, their purpose, and why God allows them to operate in some people's lives

...and much more. All crammed in to a roughly 30 minute video. Very, very interesting stuff.

I think we find out who we truly are and what we truly believe in when our back is up against the wall. In my adult life, during periods of distress, I've never sought out so called ascended masters, spirits, spirit guides, and so on. Not in earnest anyway. I've always prayed directly to God or Jesus.

And if I was ever possessed, I would not seek out the local witch doctor! I'm going straight to the Catholic church, because they seem to have this type of thing down pat.

14. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to RunningDeer For This Post:

Harmony (22nd August 2022), Inversion (22nd August 2022), Kryztian (26th August 2022), lisalu (6th September 2022), Mike (22nd August 2022), onawah (22nd August 2022), pabranno (22nd August 2022)

15. Link to Post #8
    United States Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,827 times in 1,690 posts

post#1
    The priest said the most virtuous people he's known had some kind of possession. This battle that transpires within someone's vessel is sanctioned by the creator as a soul enhancement. Those that lose refuse to release their sin(s).

It reminds me of the Law of One material:
    The Law of One post#79
    Quote S64/P98. There is no other material except light.

S11/P119. All beings serve the creator.

S18/P173. It is impossible not to serve the creator.

S31/P32. Our experiences allow the creator to know itself.
    Last edited by Inversion; 22nd August 2022 at 02:41.

16. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Inversion For This Post:

Harmony (22nd August 2022), lisalu (6th September 2022), Mike (22nd August 2022), onawah (22nd August 2022), pabranno (26th August 2022), RunningDeer (22nd August 2022)

17. Link to Post #9
    Language
    English
    Thanks

The Psychology of the Demonic w/ Fr. Chad Ripperger | Chris Stefanick Show
    10,793 views Aug 25, 2022
    Augustine Institute - Catholic Church Explained
    43.2K subscribers

( Ripperger says that the demons like us to stay focused on politics, and recommends not being a news junkie.
    I can see how that could be good advice... )

"And as exorcist Fr. Chad Ripperger tells us this week, the Evil One hates when we stay positive in the face of hardships. When we set our sights on the good, the demons are forced to flee. Fr. Ripperger has seen this happen with the possessed people he has worked with, but it can work for all of us. We should all make positivity a part of our everyday spiritual lives. Join me and find out how to do just that."

Last edited by onawah; 26th August 2022 at 03:31.
    Each breath a gift...

18. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to onawah For This Post:

Harmony (26th August 2022), Kryztian (26th August 2022), lisalu (6th September 2022), Mike (26th August 2022), pabranno (26th August 2022), Peace in Oz (6th September 2022), RunningDeer (26th August 2022)

19. Link to Post #10
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Lots of insights about demonic possession from a much broader perspective in Dark Journalist's latest:
    Quote Posted by onawah (here)
    Steiner Eighth Sphere Crisis Ahriman Spiritual Invasion! Dark Journalist X-132
    30,526 views Streamed live on Sep 3, 2022
    DarkJournalist
    137K subscribers
    FEATURING LIVE Q&A WITH DJ & MISS OLIVIA

"Join us for this fascinating LiveStream episode as Dark Journalist Daniel Liszt goes deep on the Revelation of the Eighth Sphere through the figure of the founder of Anthroposophy Rudolf Steiner. Steiner foresaw the rise of Scientific Materialism, AI and Transhumanism through a Demonic Virtual Reality figure in the 21st Century named "Ahriman."

Each breath a gift...

20. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to onawah For This Post:

Harmony (6th September 2022), lisalu (6th September 2022), Matthew (20th August 2023), pabranno (6th September 2022), RunningDeer (6th September 2022), Vangelo (6th September 2022)

21. Link to Post #11
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 36,302 times in 4,083 posts

The Catholic Talk Show talks to exorcist priest Fr. Carlos Martins.

At the end Father Martins talks about his website https://www.exorcistfiles.tv which dramatises exorcist experiences but with voice actors. Father Martins described it as like a radio show. I found it a bit spooky, but liked his interview (above). Here's a link to a list of exorcist files tv episodes: https://www.exorcistfiles.tv/episodes

22. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Matthew For This Post:

Bluegreen (20th August 2023), Harmony (20th August 2023), Kryztian (20th August 2023)

23. Link to Post #12
    Albania Avalon Retired Member
    Language
    Albanian
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,902 times in 467 posts

The world of jinn. They have been created from smokless fire. Just like every creation, some of them are righteous and some of them have chosen evil. The evil ones are called demons. They prey on humans energy, manipulate, drain, frighten, can change people behaviour or completely control them if unprotected.
    Last edited by Eagle Eye; 20th August 2023 at 03:14.

24. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Eagle Eye For This Post:

Harmony (20th August 2023), Matthew (20th August 2023)

+ Reply to Thread