+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 31 FirstFirst 1 7 17 31 LastLast

Thread: Turmoil in the British Isles

1. Link to Post #121
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,082 times in 817 posts

Default Re: Turmoil in the British Isles

I had a neighbour around 2010 to 2011 who I originally bonded well with but as both our outlook's became more apparent, unfortunately, our friendship became diminished. He had a fascinating past having been the BBC correspondent in Russia when the wall came down and the Soviet Union collapsed. This experience would have a profound influence on his world outlook. As he saw the chaos that Russia fell into with the collapse of communism. In the early days after the wall came down, Russia was like a Wild West with various competing mafioso-like groups competing for resources and power. He was later reporting in the war in Chechnya and experienced heavy bombing with many close calls leading to the PTSD that led to him leaving the profession of reporting. I had also been in many warzones which gave us an understanding and empathy for one another.

He later went into politics and although he initially felt a connection with the Labour Party he eventually became a councillor for the Liberal Democrats. With his reporting background he obviously had a charismatic persona, and he was being prepared by the party as the next big thing and a move into parliament as an MP. In his work as a councillor, he had become interested in green issues and was known as the green Liberal Democrat man. Eventually, he quite controversially left the liberal democrats and joined the green party, partly brought about by the liberal’s coalition with the conservatives at the time. He wrote a highly publicised open letter to Nick Clegg who was the leader at the time, highlighting his grievances with the party, especially in relation to green issues.

He told me of a meeting he had with a very influential and powerful member of the Liberal democrat party, I believe around 2008-2009 who had told him that the UK was headed for a energy crisis around 2016. This was why he was so focused on developing alternative energy sources for the UK like wind power and solar energy. This is where we began to clash because I said wind and solar would never be a viable energy alternative and we already had viable almost free energy technology that was being suppressed because of the effects that free energy could have on the direction and control of Society.

He was interested in what I had to say but didn't believe me and asked for proof. I showed him some books and he then preceded to e-mail many of his connected an influential friends regarding this topic. Most responded with the usual conspiracy theory critique but interestingly some arguments where in the vein of even if this technology did exist it's good that it's been repressed because if there was free energy everyone's out of control consumption and production would be detrimental to the environment and society.

Anyway in time I stopped getting invited to his fascinating parties and eventually we both moved to different locations. A problem I had with his obsessional claim of our future energy situation was that from my studies of available energy resources that there wouldn't be any energy crisis for some time. Most studies that I had seen Believed that at current consumption levels there was at least 70 years left of oil supplies. Anyway 2016 passed without any energy crisis and I wrote off his claims as unsubstantiated.

The current energy situation has made me re-look at his claims and made me consider why the 2016 date was presented. Hillary Clinton was expected to win the 2016 election and the direction of Society would have been very different if she had. Not just in the USA but in the UK and around the world. I can entirely imagine that many of the decision's in regards to energy would have been very similar to Joe Biden’s decision's to cut oil production and disrupt pipeline supply.
    Donald Trump on the other hand endeavoured to increase oil production and pipeline supply and subsequently the price and supply remained Solid. I can imagine with Hillary Clinton in power there would be far more likelihood of escalation of war and conflict that further disrupts the energy supply.

Most people on this forum are aware that the whole energy crisis narrative being currently presented in the mainstream media is manufactured, forces have endeavoured to create our current situation. Western governments have chosen to shutdown coal plants and to scale back oil drilling The situation and Ukraine could have been avoided if diplomats had appropriately focused on conflict resolution rather than fanning the flames of war. Yes, we now have an energy crisis but it is a manufactured energy crisis that didn't need to happen and increases the control of the populace by putting them in a vulnerable situation.

On seeing the recent leaked plans for actions during the winter if the energy supply becomes insufficient within the UK, I became aware that this is another planned shock to the populace. This whole scenario has been in the planning for a long time, and I believe my neighbours communications were further evidence of this.

Quote Posted by norman (here)
    Leaked media scripts tell of planned BLACKOUTS in Europe this winter
    Friday, October 21, 2022 by: Lance D Johnson

https://www.naturalnews.com/2022-10-...is-winter.html

Europe is destined for blackouts this winter, and major media networks are already preparing emergency scripts in an attempt to keep the population calm and under control during uncertain times. Right now, the government’s plan is to keep Europeans from panicking. A spokesperson for the BBC said, “The government is confident that [blackouts] are not a scenario we will face this winter.” Ministers have been going around to the public, reassuring businesses and homeowners that blackouts are unlikely.

However, the BBC Broadcasting House in London is preparing for reduced BBC radio service and has already designated an emergency broadcasting center in an anonymous, rural location. In the event of blackouts, the BBC would provide news updates every half hour on Radio 2, Radio 4 FM, and long wave frequencies, while providing special air time for government officials to make emergency announcements.

Rolling blackouts are being planned out in Europe this dark winter

The BBC has already prepared scripts in the event of a “major loss of power” where phone networks, internet, banking, and traffic lights all go down. According to the scripts, England, Wales and Scotland may be the first to see blackouts, as Europe tries to ration and re-distribute electricity in a manner that is best for the “greater good.”

The Guardian obtained many of these “emergency blackout” scripts, which map out a plan whereby corporations and government officials reassure the public that everything will be alright during a major power loss.

The emergency scripts advise the public to use car radios and battery-powered receivers to listen in for emergency broadcasts. One script warns of a two-day blackout that will put “extreme pressure” on first responders, police and hospitals. “The emergency services are under extreme pressure. People are being advised not to contact them unless absolutely necessary.”

The scripts refer to “emergency coordination centres” being set up in Wales. The scripts also try to calm the public with bulletins that read, “Officials are saying there is no current risk to food supply and distribution. But they’re asking people to look out for vulnerable neighbours and relatives.”

Another script explains that power will be restored within 36-48 hours, and that “different parts of Britain will start to receive intermittent supplies before then.” The scripts also provide special air time for a Cabinet Office minister to make a statement. (Related: German municipalities preparing for dark winter of blackouts, simulate 400 deaths in first 96 hours.)

European governments prepare for rolling blackouts in the evening hours

The overseer of electricity in Great Britain, the National Grid, is warning that power supplies are at risk, especially if Russia cuts off all gas supplies to Europe. The National Grid warned of potential blackouts that will be planned and carried out in three-hour intervals. National Grid’s chief executive, John Pettigrew, said the rolling blackouts will most likely be executed between 4PM and 7PM, when there is insufficient wind to power the turbines.

Under the civil contingencies plan, the UK government can declare a national emergency and use the broadcasting networks to send out emergency messages. Any UK government minister can take over the radio broadcast if the need arises. According to the civil contingencies plan, “If it appears to any UK government minister that an emergency has arisen, that minister may request that the BBC broadcast or otherwise distribute any announcement or other programme.” The Guardian did not uncover any official planned government proclamations, and they were unable to determine whether the leaked scripts were derived from government officials.
    Last edited by Dorjezigzag; 6th November 2022 at 21:19.
    “One does not become enlightened by imagining figures of light, but by making the darkness conscious. The latter procedure, however, is disagreeable and therefore not popular.” (Carl Jung)

2. The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to Dorjezigzag For This Post:

avid (7th November 2022), Bassplayer1 (6th November 2022), Bill Ryan (6th November 2022), Brigantia (6th November 2022), Carlitos (7th November 2022), Harmony (7th November 2022), janette (6th November 2022), jaybee (6th November 2022), Johnnycomelately (7th November 2022), Matthew (6th November 2022), Michel Leclerc (6th November 2022), norman (6th November 2022), Peace in Oz (7th November 2022), ronny (16th November 2022), Tintin (7th November 2022)

3. Link to Post #122
    Thanks
    Thanked 55,093 times in 8,175 posts

Rolling further with the above theme, they are now war gaming ( whatever that might really mean ) WEEK LONG BLACKOUTS !

The very first thing that strikes me is that's a freezer food stash destroying long time for a blackout.

War gaming ? no kidding.

British government “war gaming” emergency plans to deal with week-long blackouts
    Thursday, November 03, 2022 by: Arsenio Toledo

https://www.naturalnews.com/2022-11-...-blackout.html
    ..................................................my first language is TYPO..............................................

4. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to norman For This Post:

Alecs (7th November 2022), avid (7th November 2022), Bassplayer1 (7th November 2022), Bill Ryan (7th November 2022), Brigantia (7th November 2022), Carlitos (7th November 2022), Dorjezigzag (7th November 2022), Harmony (7th November 2022), janette (7th December 2022), Matthew (7th November 2022), ronny (16th November 2022), Tintin (7th November 2022)

5. Link to Post #123
    India Avalon Member
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Wish I had spotted this thread some days ago. But still. One thing that I cannot follow is why was Truss removed as PM? Could it be because, especially as we've seen since late 2019-early 2020, political figures in countries well infiltrated by the WEF have been shuffled around especially after they've issued some particularly important decision (important for the WEF) to diffuse the liability?
    But is Sunak there because he is for now the most ruthless among a thoroughly amoral bunch? I suppose everyone here knows his antecedents and connections, especially through his career and through his marriage. If Boris Johnson during most of 2020 and all of 2021 pushing the plandemic and the vaccine mandate, and if Truss was brought in only for the Nord Stream fiasco (sabotage), then what has Sunak been installed for?

6. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Rahul For This Post:

Bassplayer1 (7th November 2022), Bill Ryan (7th November 2022), Brigantia (7th November 2022), Carlitos (7th November 2022), Harmony (7th November 2022), Ivanhoe (30th November 2022), janette (7th December 2022), Matthew (7th November 2022), norman (7th November 2022), Tintin (7th December 2022)

7. Link to Post #124
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,979 times in 1,342 posts

Quote Posted by Rahul (here)
    Wish I had spotted this thread some days ago. But still. One thing that I cannot follow is why was Truss removed as PM? Could it be because, especially as we've seen since late 2019-early 2020, political figures in countries well infiltrated by the WEF have been shuffled around especially after they've issued some particularly important decision (important for the WEF) to diffuse the liability?
    But is Sunak there because he is for now the most ruthless among a thoroughly amoral bunch? I suppose everyone here knows his antecedents and connections, especially through his career and through his marriage. If Boris Johnson during most of 2020 and all of 2021 pushing the plandemic and the vaccine mandate, and if Truss was brought in only for the Nord Stream fiasco (sabotage), then what has Sunak been installed for?
    Sunak wasn't a popular choice when Johnson stepped down; for a start he was a Remainer and it was thought that he might try to take us back into the EU. I think that Truss's brief was to be so inept during her short and disastrous term in office that he would look good in comparison, my two cents.

8. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Brigantia For This Post:

avid (7th November 2022), Bassplayer1 (7th November 2022), Bill Ryan (7th November 2022), Carlitos (7th November 2022), Harmony (7th November 2022), janette (7th December 2022), Matthew (7th November 2022), Tintin (7th November 2022)

9. Link to Post #125
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,082 times in 817 posts

Quote Posted by Brigantia (here)
    Quote Posted by Rahul (here)
    Sunak wasn't a popular choice when Johnson stepped down; for a start he was a Remainer and it was thought that he might try to take us back into the EU. I think that Truss's brief was to be so inept during her short and disastrous term in office that he would look good in comparison, my two cents.
    I'm not pro-Sunak, the WEF and deep state connections do go very deep but he was pro-Brexit.

Rishi Sunak voted to leave the EU, and has almost always voted for pro-Brexit policies in Parliament, including voting to leave without a withdrawal agreement in April 2019.

At the Conservative Party conference in 2021, Sunak gave a speech saying he was told back in 2016 that if he voted for Brexit, his political career would be 'over before it had even begun'. He went on to say "I put my principles first," adding that he was proud to back Brexit because "the agility, flexibility and freedom provided by Brexit will be more valuable in a 21st Century global economy than just proximity to a market."

https://www.goodto.com/family-news/r...xit-background
    “One does not become enlightened by imagining figures of light, but by making the darkness conscious. The latter procedure, however, is disagreeable and therefore not popular.” (Carl Jung)

10. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Dorjezigzag For This Post:

avid (7th November 2022), Bill Ryan (7th November 2022), Brigantia (7th November 2022), Harmony (8th November 2022), janette (7th December 2022), Matthew (11th November 2022), Tintin (7th November 2022)

11. Link to Post #126
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,979 times in 1,342 posts

Quote Posted by Dorjezigzag (here)
    I'm not pro-Sunak, the WEF and deep state connections do go very deep but he was pro-Brexit.

Rishi Sunak voted to leave the EU, and has almost always voted for pro-Brexit policies in Parliament, including voting to leave without a withdrawal agreement in April 2019.

At the Conservative Party conference in 2021, Sunak gave a speech saying he was told back in 2016 that if he voted for Brexit, his political career would be 'over before it had even begun'. He went on to say "I put my principles first," adding that he was proud to back Brexit because "the agility, flexibility and freedom provided by Brexit will be more valuable in a 21st Century global economy than just proximity to a market."

https://www.goodto.com/family-news/r...xit-background
    Ah, you're right there. I wrote that from memory, should have checked - there's a lot of comment out there that he's a closet Remainer.

12. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Brigantia For This Post:

Bill Ryan (7th November 2022), Dorjezigzag (7th November 2022), Harmony (8th November 2022), janette (7th December 2022), Matthew (11th November 2022), Tintin (7th November 2022)

13. Link to Post #127
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 36,192 times in 4,071 posts

Father Calvin Robinson, rejected by the Church of England, joins the Free Church of England instead.

Fr Calvin Robinson
    @calvinrobinson
    “All are welcome here”, except me? 🤷‍♂️

Can’t wait to visit St Paul’s West Hackney. Looks like a very inclusive church.

Since when did orthodoxy become offensive?
    @stpaulswesthackney
    @stpaulswesthack
    This man has been rejected for ordination by the Church of England. Who cares what he says about the views of the Church that rejected him? Why is he given air time?

GB News
    @GBNEWS
    'To me, a marriage needs a bride and groom, anything else is not holy matrimony.'

Fr Calvin Robinson shares his thoughts on the Bishop of Oxford calling for same-sex weddings to be blessed and conducted within Church of England churches.

-----------------------

He got into trouble for saying things like this, not exactly this but this sort of thing. This is something he said the other day:

Fr Calvin Robinson
    @calvinrobinson
    Reparations, who pays whom?

We made the biggest impact there ever has been, clamping down on slavery. That is something to be proud of.🇬🇧🙌

It cost us dearly. In monetary terms and in human lives.

No reparations are due. We paid the price.

Full speech: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lPMGs1E0ijA&t=946s

------------------

This is the kind of social media type drama happening in UK churches at the moment have a nice day

14. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Matthew For This Post:

Bill Ryan (16th November 2022), Brigantia (12th November 2022), Harmony (12th November 2022), janette (7th December 2022), Johnnycomelately (12th November 2022), Tintin (7th December 2022)

15. Link to Post #128
    Thanks

NHS to Use US “Spy-Tech” Firm Palantir’s Platform to Extract Patient Data Without Patient Consent
    Posted on November 8, 2022 by Nick Corbishley

https://www.nakedcapitalism.com/2022...t-consent.html

Palantir, with intimate ties to defense, intelligence and security industries around the world, seems set to play an even larger role in the UK’s crisis-ridden National Health System (NHS).

Last summer, as readers may recall, executives at NHS England — the non-departmental government body that runs the National Health Service in England — came up with an ingenious plan to digitally scrape the general practice data of up to 55 million patients and share it with any private third parties willing to pay for it. NHS England allowed patients to opt out of the scheme; they just didn’t bother telling them about it until three weeks before the deadline, presumably because if they had, millions of patients would have opted out.

When the FT finally broke the story, a scandal erupted. NHS England officials responded by shelving the scheme, saying they needed to focus on reaching out to patients and reassuring them their data is safe. But that hasn’t happened. Instead, they have waited for the scandal to die down before embarking on an even more egregious scheme.

This time it is patient data from UK hospitals that is up for grabs. And patients will have no opt-out option. In fact, without even consulting patients, NHS England has instructed NHS Digital — which will soon be merged with NHS England as part of the UK’s governments accelerated reforms to the NHS’ “tech agenda” — to gather patient data from NHS hospitals and extract it to its data platform, which is based on Palantir’s Foundry enterprise data management platform.

The pretext for taking such a step is that researching and analyzing patients’ hospital data will help the NHS better understand and tackle the crisis in treatment waiting times resulting from the COVID-19 pandemic. But the result will be yet more private-sector involvement in essential NHS processes. And in this case, the company being involved in those processes is one of the darkest in the tech universe.

A Highly Coveted Prize

The NHS is the world’s seventh largest employer. And it is home to one of the richest repositories of patient data on the planet. “One of the great requirements for health tech is a single health database,” Damindu Jayaweera, head of technology research at UK investment bank Peel Hunt told Investors’ Chronicle. “There are only two places as far as I know that digitise the data of the whole population from birth to death… China and the UK.”

As the FT reported earlier this year, Palantir aspires to become the underlying data operating system for the NHS. To that end, it has already lured two senior NHS managers to its executive suites, including the former chief of artificial intelligence. It now has its sights set on the ultimate prize: a five-year, £360 million contract to manage the personal health data of millions of patients.

Palantir’s latest encroachment into NHS operations came to light thanks to the publication of board paper’s just hours before NHS Digital’s latest board meeting, on November 1. Those papers no longer seem to be accessible so I am relying on a report published on Friday 4 by The Register, a British technology news website, as well as a heavily detailed twitter thread by Phil Booth of MedConfidential, a group campaigning for confidentiality and consent in health and social care.

According to Booth, on page 158 of the board papers NHS England instructs NHS Digital to use Palantir Tech’s Foundry platform to “collect patient-level identifiable [hospital] data pertaining to admission, inpatient, discharge and outpatient activity from acute care settings on a daily basis.”

Following previous data debacles, both the NHS and UK government ministers had pledged that in future any patient data shared for research and analysis purposes would be anonymized. But now they are talking about using “pseudonymized” data, which is completely different. In 2014, the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO), the UK’s independent regulatory office (national data protection authority) dealing with the Data Protection Act 2018 and the General Data Protection Regulation, said the following about pseudonymized data:
    Pseudonymising personal data can reduce the risks to the data subjects and help you meet your data protection obligations.

However, pseudonymisation is effectively only a security measure. It does not change the status of the data as personal data. Recital 26 makes it clear that pseudonymised personal data remains personal data and within the scope of the UK GDPR.
    “…Personal data which have undergone pseudonymisation, which could be attributed to a natural person by the use of additional information should be considered to be information on an identifiable natural person…”
    In other words, says Booth, “while NHS England may want to ignore people’s opt-outs from Research & Planning uses, and contorts itself to say their data’s not ‘confidential patient information’, the law(s) says otherwise.”

There are also serious questions about who exactly will be doing the pseudonymisation, and who will hold the keys, says Booth: “There’s a world of difference between an independent statutory Safe Haven (i.e. NHS Digital), NHS England which wants ALL the data to use for whatever it wants, and Palantir.”

A Dark Company

Named after the “seeing stones” used in The Lord of the Rings, Palantir was set up in 2003 with seed money from the CIA’s venture capital arm, In-Q-Tel (IQT). It is one of the darkest companies in the tech sphere. While it is making significant inroads in the corporate world, its main line of business is to provide data-mining technology to support US military operations, mass surveillance, and predictive policing. Its technology is also used by ICE to identify illegal migrants before detaining and deporting them.

When, in 2018, thousands of Google employees refused to participate in Project Maven, a secret Pentagon-funded AI pilot program aimed at the unmanned operation of aerial vehicles, the project was taken up by Palantir. Critics warn that the technology could pave the way to autonomous weapons that decide who to target without human input. In February 2021, Palantir’s chief operating officer boasted to investors that Palantir was driving towards being “inside of every missile, inside of every drone.”

This is a company that deals in death on a daily basis but is also rapidly building a stake in the health and life services sector. During the early months of the pandemic it was one of a number of companies chosen to help collect, store, process and share data for the United States Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) — a project that the Electronic Frontier Foundation (EFF) warned poses “a grave threat to the data privacy of all Americans.”

On the other side of the pond, the UK Government signed a deal in March 2020 with an assortment of private tech firms, including Palantir, to help run the NHS’s massive COVID-19 “data store”. It was supposed to be a short-term arrangement but in December of the same year the Department of Health and Social Care awarded Palantir an additional two-year contract, worth up to £23 million, to help run the NHS’ massive database.

Palantir’s gathering takeover of NHS data services has met strong resistance. In September 2021, the UK’s Department for Health and Social Care was forced to terminate a contract with Palantir over the management of social care data, following a massive protest campaign involving more than 50 groups. The move was taken as a tentative sign that the UK government may finally be pivoting away from using Palantir’s services, at least in the healthcare sector. That is clearly not the case.

But even if the UK government had made that pivot, Palantir had a back-up plan in place, as Bloomberg reported in late September. That plan was laid out by Palantir’s regional head Louis Mosley in a Sept. 24 email entitled “Buying our way in…!”, and it essentially involved “hoovering up” small businesses serving the NHS to “take a lot of ground and take down a lot of political resistance.”

As Cory Doctorow notes in his excellent post last month, How Palantir Will Steal the NHS, Palantir has essentially unfettered access to the capital markets, as well as the deep pockets of its founder, the “cartoon villain” Peter Thiel. While it is clear that good data management has a crucial role to play in the future of health and social care provision, Palantir’s unshakeable commitment to proprietary, secretive software development methodologies makes it woefully ill-suited for NHS service provision:
    Compare the NHS to Ben Goldacre’s landmark “Better, broader, safer: using health data for research and analysis”:

https://www.gov.uk/government/public...h-and-analysis

Goldacre argues that the only way to unlock the medical insights in aggregate NHS patient data is with public software: an open and free “trusted research platform” that anyone can audit and verify.

While the code for this platform would be public, NHS patient data would never leave it. Instead, researchers who wanted to investigate hypotheses about the effectiveness of different interventions would send queries to the platform and get results back — without ever touching the data.

This is a system that only works if it’s hosted by democratically accountable public services — not by private actors accountable to their shareholders, and certainly not secretive companies whose primary expertise is in helping spy agencies conduct mass surveillance.
    As Doctorow notes, most people in the UK do not want the NHS to be privatised. For them the NHS, founded in 1948 on the principles of free and equal access to medical treatment, is sacrosanct:
    But while the British people oppose privatisation, the British investor class are slavering for it. Oligarchs love to loot public services, which is why the IMF is so adamant that the countries it “helps” sell off their public water, housing, even their roads and schools and museums…

[The NHS] has been subject to the death of a thousand literal cuts, as Tories and Labour alike have starved it of resources. More importantly, both parties have turned ever-larger chunks of the NHS over to private-sector looters who have taken over hospitals, services, record-keeping and more.
    An Even Bigger Picture

But this is not just about the NHS. It is about our governments’ role as guardians of our most precious data, including our health and biometric information. As governments, central banks and global corporations trip over each other to rush into existence digital identity programs and central bank digital currencies, that role is set to grow exponentially (unless, of course, we can stop them in their tracks).

In the new digital age that is rapidly forming around us, citizens will be custodians of our own data. We will be the ones who get to decide which parts of our data get shared and with whom. At least that is what we are being told. But these are just words, and words can be hollow.

We have to judge our governments on their actions. And their actions to date — including NHS England’s decision to grant custodianship of NHS patients’ hospital data to Palantir without even informing patients, the US State Department’s decision to give intelligence and law enforcement agencies unfettered access to more than 145 million Americans’ personal data, and the US government’s plans to share the biometric data of its citizens with dozens of other governments — speak of a whole different reality.
    ..................................................my first language is TYPO..............................................

16. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to norman For This Post:

avid (16th November 2022), Bill Ryan (16th November 2022), Brigantia (16th November 2022), Harmony (16th November 2022), janette (7th December 2022), Tintin (7th December 2022)

17. Link to Post #129
    Thanks
    Thanked 457,539 times in 32,788 posts

A 20-minute video in which Alexander Mercouris explains to Alex Christoforou (who himself is rather lost for words) what's happening in the UK right now.

It's not good, not at all, and it's getting worse by the day. Says Mercouris: people are bewildered, and now they're starting to become afraid.

Last edited by Bill Ryan; 19th November 2022 at 19:57.

18. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to Bill Ryan For This Post:

Ami (19th November 2022), avid (19th November 2022), Harmony (20th November 2022), Jambo (20th November 2022), janette (7th December 2022), jaybee (19th November 2022), kudzy (20th November 2022), leavesoftrees (20th November 2022), Matthew (19th November 2022), Miller (20th November 2022), Tintin (19th November 2022), Violet3 (20th November 2022), Yoda (19th November 2022)

19. Link to Post #130
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,976 times in 2,208 posts

Good analysis, as always, from Alexander Mercouris above (#129)...

Neil Oliver below, delivers a hard hitting and insightful monologue about the situation in the UK on GBNews...
    He covers a range of subjects from the 'Green' Agenda to the latest tax attacks on the Self Employed - you can feel his frustration and controlled anger oozing out of every pore and there must be large numbers of people who feel just the same - probably millions...but still the deliberate and calculated destruction of the country and it's citizens by the (so called) elite, the low calibre politicians and globalist infiltrators continues....with very little real pushback...?....

Neil Oliver: This country must awaken to the realisation that we are being taken for fools (9:33)

@ 8:44 he finishes his brilliant assessment of the sorry situation with.....

Quote "What will it take I ask before the rest of this country awakens to 5he realization that we are being had, played and taken for fools - what will it take before the citizens see that we have put ourselves at the mercy of a criminal enterprise shaped only to rob us blind - nobble all ambition and see to it that we are cowed and submissive with our hands held out for a few sheckles from our self proclaimed lords and masters -

Here's the thing - it all stops when we say it stops - it doesn't require every one of us, just enough of us to realize that no cavalry is coming - no help is at hand - it's up to us to see these charlatans for what they are - disregard them... red, blue and every colour in between - to turn our backs on them and work together to make something else, something decent, something that is ours....."

20. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to jaybee For This Post:

avid (20th November 2022), Bill Ryan (19th November 2022), happyuk (20th November 2022), Harmony (20th November 2022), Jambo (20th November 2022), janette (7th December 2022), Matthew (28th November 2022), Miller (20th November 2022), Nasu (1st December 2022), norman (19th November 2022), Pam (30th November 2022), Tintin (7th December 2022)

21. Link to Post #131
    Thanks

Monday 28 November 2022 17:08, UK

National Grid will not trigger power blackout prevention scheme tomorrow evening

The Demand Flexibility Service would have seen households who have agreed to take part paid to turn off products such as electric ovens, dishwashers and tumble driers during certain hours.

The National Grid will not implement its blackout prevention scheme tomorrrow evening after French energy suppliers said they were struggling to cope with demand.

Earlier today it was announced that the Demand Flexibility Service (DFS), which is designed to avoid blackouts, may have been brought in for the first time on Tuesday evening to reduce strain on the electricity grid.

The scheme sees households, which are signed up for the initiative, paid to not use things like electric ovens, dishwashers and tumble dryers between certain hours.

It is the first line of defence in the event that peak evening demand exceeds supply over the coming winter.

The DFS has been tested twice.

The UK's power grid usually relies on imports from France over the winter months to make up any shortfalls in electricity output.

However, the French nuclear power industry, which accounts for around 75% of its usual electricity generation, is in turmoil.

22. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to norman For This Post:

avid (29th November 2022), Bill Ryan (28th November 2022), Brigantia (29th November 2022), Ewan (6th December 2022), Harmony (29th November 2022), Jambo (7th December 2022), janette (7th December 2022), Matthew (28th November 2022), Nasu (1st December 2022), Pam (30th November 2022), Peace in Oz (29th November 2022), Tintin (28th November 2022), wondering (30th November 2022)

23. Link to Post #132
    Thanks

media talking head subjectivity warning . . . BUT

Mark Steyn reacts to the Albanian 'takeover' of Central London
    Nov 29, 2022

24. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to norman For This Post:

avid (30th November 2022), Bill Ryan (30th November 2022), Brigantia (30th November 2022), Harmony (30th November 2022), Jambo (7th December 2022), janette (7th December 2022), Nasu (1st December 2022), Tintin (7th December 2022)

25. Link to Post #133
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Here's the solution to a lot of the UK's problems: tracked digital ID

Ukraine is leading the way. Us here in the UK are following like lapdogs. Speaks volumes looking at the vector via Ukraine but that's my opinion (2¢)

UK and Ukraine to collaborate on digital ID
    As part of a new trade deal.
    By Ken Macon
    If you're tired of censorship, cancel culture, and the erosion of privacy and civil liberties subscribe to Reclaim The Net.

https://reclaimthenet.org/uk-ukraine...gital-id-tech/

The United Kingdom (UK) and Ukraine have signed a digital trade deal aimed at helping the Ukrainian economy to recover and “improve” both countries’ digital output. The Digital Trade Agreement (DTA) also has a provision for collaborating on digital identity, where Ukraine supposedly has a lot to teach the UK about ID tracking tech and using digital ID to access services.

Ukraine’s highly-sophisticated digital ID, Diia, is used to grant the public access to most government services online. It has nine digital credentials: the ID card, the identity provider (IDP) certificate for network access, birth certificate, passport, driving license, tax number, student card, and vehicle registration certificate.

The UK does not have a national digital ID system and, over the years, there has been much pushback about implementing any form of national ID.

The DTA will “deliver greater compatibility and interoperability between digital identity systems in the UK and Ukraine,” – that’s according to the UK’s Department of International Trade.

The DTA will allow Ukrainians to access financial services. The deal also creates more cooperation between the two countries in emerging technologies and cybersecurity. The announcement says it will bring about, “greater cooperation between the UK and Ukraine on cybersecurity and emerging technologies, helping to keep UK and Ukrainian businesses and people safer.”

“Trading digitally is particularly important in the current conflict, where damage to Ukrainian infrastructure and warfare makes it much harder to trade physically,” said the UK’s Department of International Trade. “For example, there is a critical need for people to be able to use digital solutions to prove they are who they say they are, despite the loss of critical documentation or displacement across borders. The agreement provides a framework for the UK and Ukraine to cooperate to promote compatibility between their respective digital identity systems to help address this.”
    Last edited by Matthew; 4th December 2022 at 23:35. Reason: Fixed the link

26. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Matthew For This Post:

Alecs (7th December 2022), avid (4th December 2022), Bill Ryan (6th December 2022), Brigantia (5th December 2022), Ewan (6th December 2022), Harmony (5th December 2022), janette (7th December 2022), norman (6th December 2022), Peace in Oz (5th December 2022), Tintin (7th December 2022)

27. Link to Post #134
    Thanks

Published yesterday, here's Alexander Mercouris castigating the visionless, directionless, uninspiring Sunak and the Conservative Party for a full 14 minutes. Enjoy.

The growing mood in Britain, says Mercouris, is one of 'festering anger'.

Last edited by Bill Ryan; 6th December 2022 at 19:38.

28. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Bill Ryan For This Post:

Alecs (7th December 2022), avid (6th December 2022), Jambo (7th December 2022), janette (7th December 2022), Matthew (6th December 2022), Tintin (7th December 2022), Yoda (7th December 2022)

29. Link to Post #135
    Thanks
    Thanked 18,955 times in 2,390 posts

Quote Posted by Bill Ryan (here)
    Published yesterday, here's Alexander Mercouris castigating the visionless, directionless, uninspiring Sunak and the Conservative Party for a full 14 minutes. Enjoy.

The growing mood in Britain, says Mercouris, is one of 'festering anger'.

11:40 timestamp. "Anybody with any sense of responsibility who cares about Britain should be. (worried)

This is no different to manipulative speech*, I'm not suggesting he is conciously doing it - but rather he is so emotionally invested in that level of political reality he is not seeing the bigger picture.

One party crashing and burning to be immediately followed with a visionless replacement may be exactly what some people desire.

--

* Manipulative speech hopefully requires no explanation. Rather like what is Chris Martenson talks about here.

30. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Ewan For This Post:

Bill Ryan (6th December 2022), Jambo (7th December 2022), janette (7th December 2022), Matthew (6th December 2022), Tintin (7th December 2022)

31. Link to Post #136
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Ewan (here)
    One party crashing and burning to be immediately followed with a visionless replacement may be exactly what some people desire.
    Very possibly! But Mercouris is not among them. He's just as castigating about Kier Starmer and the Labour party.

No-one anywhere, he states (I think correctly), has any vision for how to get the UK out of the deep hole it's in. He's VERY cautiously open to the idea of Nigel Farage pulling something from the ashes of the fire, but he might not be willing to bet on it.

32. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Bill Ryan For This Post:

Ewan (6th December 2022), Jambo (7th December 2022), janette (7th December 2022), Tintin (7th December 2022), Yoda (7th December 2022)

33. Link to Post #137
    Thanks
    Thanked 18,955 times in 2,390 posts

Quote Posted by Bill Ryan (here)
    Quote Posted by Ewan (here)
    Very possibly! But Mercouris is not among them. He's just as castigating about Kier Starmer and the Labour party.

No-one anywhere, he states (I think correctly), has any vision for how to get the UK out of the deep hole it's in. He's VERY cautiously open to the idea of Nigel Farage pulling something from the ashes of the fire, but he might not be willing to bet on it.
    I must work on trying to make myself clearer. I wasn't for one moment suggesting Mercouris was among those people, but rather he doesn't see a larger perspective from, say, a globalist (eg. WEF) viewpoint.

Edit: First thought that went through my head this morning was that I was guilty of level confusion last night.
    Alexander Mercouris was invited to discuss the 'political' situtaion in the UK. That's exactly what he did and I'd say he's a good observer. Why would he introduce a whole wider subject even if he was aware of it himself.
    Last edited by Ewan; 7th December 2022 at 09:25. Reason: Additional thoughts..

34. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Ewan For This Post:

Bill Ryan (6th December 2022), Jambo (7th December 2022), janette (7th December 2022), Tintin (7th December 2022)

35. Link to Post #138
    Language
    English
    Thanks

London based government is part of the beast. It's going to take a miracle to escape the rot. I believe in miracles and just as well for me. Farage was never going to make a good leader, but he did make a great disruptor. Farage thinks Blair can help us with \/4cc1nes so careful who you trust... get a pint down him and then let him argue against ruling authority.. he is phenomenally good at that. But he might be a one trick pony. Since he trusts Blair make that past tense "he was a one trick pony".

The game is rigged and it's hard to have any hope in politicians atm, ...worst still the status quo wins with increased apathy.

36. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Matthew For This Post:

avid (7th December 2022), Bill Ryan (6th December 2022), Brigantia (7th December 2022), Ewan (7th December 2022), Jambo (7th December 2022), janette (7th December 2022), Tintin (7th December 2022)

37. Link to Post #139
    Thanks

The push and change will have to come from our end, sooner or later.

In the US they have a cultural 'attitude' grown from the bill of rights and the constitution.

I get a lot of stick locally and otherwise. The stick pokers tell me I'm too obsessed with American affairs, "we are Brits where's your concern for us?".

I tell them, we cringed and grovelled while Americans became the only scaffold that holds the light up high over ALL our freedom. If America falls, the light goes out for all of us.

We enjoyed freedom we never did a damned thing to earn.

This is how to earn freedom. And how to keep it, too.

Star Spangled Banner As You've Never Heard It

38. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to norman For This Post:

avid (7th December 2022), Bill Ryan (7th December 2022), Brigantia (7th December 2022), Ewan (7th December 2022), janette (7th December 2022), Matthew (6th December 2022), onawah (7th December 2022), Tintin (7th December 2022)

39. Link to Post #140
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Not sure about the Star Spangled Banner but I like the Don't Tread On Me one. You're right about the US cultural attitude towards freedom though, we dropped our guard with our welfare state.

40. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Matthew For This Post:

avid (7th December 2022), Bill Ryan (7th December 2022), Brigantia (7th December 2022), Ewan (7th December 2022), janette (7th December 2022), Tintin (7th December 2022)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 31 FirstFirst 1 7 17 31 LastLast