+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 31 FirstFirst 1 3 13 31 LastLast

Thread: Turmoil in the British Isles

1. Link to Post #41
    Thanks
    Thanked 55,087 times in 8,175 posts

Default Re: Turmoil in the British Isles

I'm pretty sure "our own army" WILL shoot 'civilians' here in this country, if it comes to it.

It's a highly complex thinking path to get to which civilians, and if non uniform young men are even civilians at all, etc.

I know the army has been training for homeland contact for a few years, since they cleared out mock-up Afghan villages and built mock-up Brit council estate style training ranges, but I have no idea yet what "civilian" might really mean in that context. It could be us or could be embedded and or sleeper cells from other countries.
    Last edited by norman; 29th August 2022 at 15:49.
    ..................................................my first language is TYPO..............................................

2. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to norman For This Post:

Bassplayer1 (30th August 2022), Bill Ryan (5th September 2022), Brigantia (29th August 2022), Harmony (30th August 2022), janette (17th September 2022), Nasu (19th September 2022), Spiral (29th August 2022), Tintin (7th September 2022)

3. Link to Post #42
    Thanks

When the going gets tough, the patsies get rough.

We'll soon know which way this is going. The MSM will signal an in-our-face clue, by default.

If they show demos and deteriorating public-cool, we'll know for sure. If they hide it, like the covid/lockdown demos, we'll have to consider more factors.

They're already shoving the strikes in our faces. I walk past newspaper shelves in shops that are already making as big a deal as they can out of it.
    ..................................................my first language is TYPO..............................................

4. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to norman For This Post:

avid (30th August 2022), Bassplayer1 (30th August 2022), Bill Ryan (5th September 2022), Brigantia (30th August 2022), Harmony (30th August 2022), janette (17th September 2022), Nasu (19th September 2022), Spiral (30th August 2022), Tintin (7th September 2022)

5. Link to Post #43
    Thanks

6. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to norman For This Post:

Bill Ryan (5th September 2022), Brigantia (5th September 2022), Harmony (6th September 2022), janette (17th September 2022), Tintin (7th September 2022)

7. Link to Post #44
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,979 times in 1,342 posts

I've just posted about this on another thread and thought it might be relevant on this one - has anyone had a landline phone out of order due to the phone cable being stolen?

I got this month's landline phone charge for free for the inconvenience of not having it working for 3 weeks in total.

Seeing as the insane global situation has made the price of raw metals shoot up, there are now numerous thefts in the countryside of telephone cable. A lot of it is copper that has rocketed in price and the copper from the lines that supply our village has been stolen 3 times. This is happening all over Britain apparently. We know who's behind it here, a group of people that will nick anything that's not nailed down; BT put cameras up after the second theft but the thefts were in the middle of the night and the cameras didn't pick up any useful identifiers.

We're pretty mad about this, there are a lot of elderly people here and some don't use mobiles. This could cut off their essential communication if they had an emergency.

On a positive note... for anyone with time and DIY skills, stripping down electronics and appliances for their metals is a good earner at the moment and there are plenty of YT resources about that - though legitimate sources for stripping down I would add, not someone's phone connection!
    Last edited by Brigantia; 5th September 2022 at 21:38.

8. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Brigantia For This Post:

avid (6th September 2022), Bill Ryan (5th September 2022), Harmony (6th September 2022), janette (17th September 2022), Mike Gorman (17th September 2022), Nasu (19th September 2022), norman (5th September 2022), Spiral (18th September 2022), Tintin (7th September 2022), wondering (7th September 2022)

9. Link to Post #45
    Thanks

waw, I remember the safety railing by the river bank vanishing one night when scrap iron was sky high a few years. ( and I heard of manhole covers vanishing in other parts of the country )

Telephone cables is a new one. Mine must be ok so far because that's my broadband line and it's still working.

There's a thing around here where it's understood that if you put stuff out in the back yard (fridges and large items with a lot of metal in them), don't expect it to stay there long because a certain type of people will zoom in and grab it for scrap. I had a surprise a while ago because I put a few broken no longer used bits of audio/hi fi equipment out there ready to put in the car to take to the recycling skips on the town bypass. I was planning to do that because that kind of stuff has never been of interest to the swoop and grab crowd here before. It was all gone in a day. I didn't see or hear anyone do it. Saved me a trip.

A different story is of greater concern. One dark evening last winter, down in the local small town, I think I was nearly mugged by a young guy who couldn't quite fully psych himself up to it. A woman was getting into a big car a little way up the street and she stopped and stared at us. It took me a few moments for it to sink in what had just happened. Since then, I've had to reconsider my habits in the dark streets. Winter is coming back and there's all sorts out there. Everyone senses the situation is collapsing but there are many different types and types of reactions to it. Some, like that young kid, will react in a way very different from how we cyber conspiracy theorists are reacting. Expect ANYTHING, this coming winter, be alert.

10. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to norman For This Post:

avid (6th September 2022), Bill Ryan (5th September 2022), Brigantia (5th September 2022), Harmony (6th September 2022), janette (17th September 2022), Mare (5th September 2022), Nasu (19th September 2022), Spiral (15th September 2022), Tintin (7th September 2022), wondering (7th September 2022)

11. Link to Post #46
    Language
    English
    Thanks

You should be ok with your broadband norman as it is fibre optic cable; from what I'm told there's nothing worth nicking in that. It's the landline cables that they're after.

That's scary about your experience in the dark, I bet that as the economic mayhem gets worse there will be more who turn their hands to thieving and robbery. Stay safe! My workplace is within a supermarket and there has been a significant increase in shoplifting.

One thing I'm planning to buy is a lockable cap for my heating oil tank. Thefts from those are more common than I realised and this year the oil has cost about 80% more than last year, and that was with ordering it in the summer when the prices are always lower.
    Last edited by Brigantia; 7th September 2022 at 06:51. Reason: typo

12. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Brigantia For This Post:

Bill Ryan (7th September 2022), janette (17th September 2022), Nasu (19th September 2022), norman (7th September 2022), Spiral (17th September 2022), Tintin (7th September 2022), wondering (7th September 2022)

13. Link to Post #47
    Thanks

Leaked documents show British police are preparing for “greater civil unrest” this winter

https://www.naturalnews.com/2022-09-...il-unrest.html

She has only been on the job for a few days, but new British Prime Minister Liz Truss has maybe a few weeks left to roll out a solid, confidence-inspiring plan to turn around Great Britain’s economy – or else face widespread unrest this fall and winter.

Police chiefs across the United Kingdom say that “economic turmoil and financial instability” has the “potential to drive increases in particular crime types,” including shoplifting, burglary, vehicle theft, online fraud and blackmail.

“Prolonged and painful economic pressure” could soon spark “greater civil unrest” similar to the 2011 London riots, reported one popular British news outlet about what is expected.

As energy prices soar, energy supplies dwindle, and the people grow increasingly restless, the U.K. is on the verge of a collapse unlike anything the country has seen in a very long time. (Related: Tens of thousands of Brits are planning to stop paying their utility bills in protest against high energy prices starting on October 1.)

“Greater financial vulnerability may expose some staff to a higher risk of corruption, especially among those who fall into significant debt or financial difficulties,” the news outlet added.

Violent crime is already increasing across Britain due to inflation

Starting on October 1, the new energy bill price cap set by Ofgem, the U.K.’s energy regulator, will be £3,549 ($4,189), up from the current £1,971 ($2,330). In January, that cap will increase again to £5,439 ($6,427), and again later in the spring to £7,272 ($8,594).

By next summer, the price cap will have increased nearly 400 percent, which is astounding. Even now, many Brits are unable to pay their bills – how many more will be destitute next spring?

The prospect of being priced out of life entirely is already driving crime rates higher, according to law enforcement. And the party has only just begun, they say.

Verisk Maplecroft, a U.K.-based risk consulting and intelligence firm, published a report last week warning that the risk of social unrest across not just Great Britain but the entirety of Europe this fall and winter is very high – unless, of course, the energy starts flowing again and prices drop back down to normal levels.

This is unlikely to happen as Western powers seem hellbent on destroying their own people in order to “teach Putin a lesson.” They are collectively pulling the plug on their own economies by boycotting Russian gas and oil, which is only harming the West.

“Europeans are finally waking up to how bad Western sanctions on Russia have backfired, as their governments sacrificed ordinary people over NATO’s proxy fight against Russia in Ukraine,” reported Zero Hedge.

“These protests could spread like wildfire across Europe, and it appears the U.K. is preparing for the worst-case scenario.”

In the comment section, several folks made the suggestion that the powers that be, i.e., Klaus Schwab and his globalist minions, want people to riot. This would explain why they are pushing the West to the brink of collapse.

“Under the mantra of ‘never let a good crisis go to waste,’ they use upheavals to advance their aims of further control of the masses,” one of them wrote.

“The masses are all blindly walking into a catastrophic ‘surveillance state’ with literally millions of cameras with face-recognition. Plus a new currency based on Central Bank Digital Coins will be used to monitor every person’s expenditures (and which can be turned off by the state at any time). But the masses don’t seem to care.”

“War fixes a lot of social problems,” added another about the probable next page in the playbook.

More stories like this one can be found at Rioting.news.
    Last edited by norman; 15th September 2022 at 05:16.

14. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to norman For This Post:

avid (15th September 2022), Bill Ryan (15th September 2022), Brigantia (15th September 2022), Harmony (15th September 2022), janette (17th September 2022), lake (15th September 2022), Mare (15th September 2022), mountain_jim (17th September 2022), Nasu (19th September 2022), Peace in Oz (15th September 2022), popadoodle (27th September 2022), Spiral (15th September 2022), Tintin (15th September 2022)

15. Link to Post #48
    Thanks

Interview with Katherine McBean of the People's Health Alliance

The People's Health Alliance is an organic, people-led, integrated health initiative that aims to educate, empower and support the people of the UK. For more information, visit https://the-pha.org

Weekly Wellness Show - Changing the face of communities worldwide
    https://www.facebook.com/mrajroberts...6260245595915/

Katherine Mcbean: Getting off Yer Arse & Building the New. Now.

Last edited by norman; 17th September 2022 at 07:53.

16. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to norman For This Post:

Bill Ryan (17th September 2022), Brigantia (17th September 2022), Harmony (17th September 2022), janette (17th September 2022), Mike Gorman (17th September 2022), mountain_jim (17th September 2022), Reinhard (18th September 2022), Tintin (17th September 2022)

17. Link to Post #49
    UK Moderator/Librarian/Administrator Tintin's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 46,626 times in 5,415 posts

Turmoil you say?

Jeez. This, from yesterday:

Source: https://twitter.com/NormanBrennan/st...75600835055617
    “If a man does not keep pace with [fall into line with] his companions, perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer. Let him step to the music which he hears, however measured or far away.” - Thoreau

18. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Tintin For This Post:

avid (17th September 2022), Bill Ryan (17th September 2022), Brigantia (17th September 2022), Harmony (17th September 2022), janette (18th September 2022), mountain_jim (17th September 2022), Nasu (19th September 2022), Reinhard (18th September 2022), Spiral (17th September 2022)

19. Link to Post #50
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,648 times in 1,409 posts

Quote Posted by Tintin (here)
    Turmoil you say?

Thing is it wasn't the police who brought him down, it was the guy with the bike. Maybe more training on dealing with nutters on drugs with knives & less on the woke themes eh ?

20. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Spiral For This Post:

avid (17th September 2022), Bill Ryan (17th September 2022), Brigantia (17th September 2022), Harmony (17th September 2022), janette (18th September 2022), Nasu (19th September 2022), Reinhard (18th September 2022), Tintin (17th September 2022)

21. Link to Post #51
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,330 times in 2,365 posts

Quote Posted by Spiral (here)
    Turmoil you say?

Thing is it wasn't the police who brought him down, it was the guy with the bike. Maybe more training on dealing with nutters on drugs with knives & less on the woke themes eh ?
    Taser anyone? Bean bag shot gun? Yes, more training, for sure

22. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to TomKat For This Post:

avid (17th September 2022), Bill Ryan (18th September 2022), Brigantia (17th September 2022), janette (18th September 2022), Nasu (19th September 2022), Spiral (17th September 2022), Tintin (17th September 2022)

23. Link to Post #52
    UK Moderator/Librarian/Administrator Tintin's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 46,626 times in 5,415 posts

Sadly this has been going on in Leicester for a few weeks now, and also, if I've remembered correctly Huddersfield. How much of this has been deliberately orchestrated is anyone's guess but it's really not at all good to see going on.

Source: https://twitter.com/shashank_ssj/sta...37340727574528

“If a man does not keep pace with [fall into line with] his companions, perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer. Let him step to the music which he hears, however measured or far away.” - Thoreau

24. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Tintin For This Post:

avid (18th September 2022), Bill Ryan (18th September 2022), Brigantia (18th September 2022), Harmony (18th September 2022), janette (18th September 2022), mountain_jim (18th September 2022), Nasu (19th September 2022), Peace in Oz (18th September 2022), Reinhard (18th September 2022), Spiral (18th September 2022)

25. Link to Post #53
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Sadly this has been going on in Leicester for a few weeks now, and also, if I've remembered correctly Huddersfield. How much of this has been deliberately orchestrated is anyone's guess but it's really not at all good to see going on.

Nothing new in this, they were having mass fights with anything they could get their hands on when I was at school.

All the white & afro-carribean lads stood together & watched hundreds of asian lads beating & stabbing each other , meanwhile the school & other authorities did nothing but brush it under the carpet !

That said I could see this spreading like wildfire to most of the UKs large cities.

26. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Spiral For This Post:

9ideon (18th September 2022), avid (18th September 2022), Bill Ryan (18th September 2022), Brigantia (18th September 2022), Harmony (18th September 2022), janette (18th September 2022), mountain_jim (18th September 2022), Tintin (18th September 2022)

27. Link to Post #54
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Nothing new in this, they were having mass fights with anything they could get their hands on when I was at school.

All the white & afro-carribean lads stood together & watched hundreds of asian lads beating & stabbing each other , meanwhile the school & other authorities did nothing but brush it under the carpet !

That said I could see this spreading like wildfire to most of the UKs large cities.
    Leicester, my home city... when you say "nothing new in this" Spiral, do you mean generally or Leicester?

It's really unusual for Leicester as it has enjoyed cordial race relations for a very long time. When I'm back there I always go to the Golden Mile, where all the Asian shops are for food shopping and a meal, they have some excellent vegetarian restaurants. I've always felt comfortable there and welcomed, it's never been threatening.

28. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Brigantia For This Post:

Bill Ryan (18th September 2022), Harmony (25th September 2022), janette (18th September 2022), Nasu (19th September 2022)

29. Link to Post #55
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Brigantia (here)
    Leicester, my home city... when you say "nothing new in this" Spiral, do you mean generally or Leicester?
    I mean generally, there is always a tension between Hindus & Muslims & has been since the creation of Pakistan (& Bangladesh) .

There are times when "multiculturism" is caught with it's pants down,.... like expecting Muslim MPs to support what Israel does in Gaza & the West Bank.

Basically imported conflicts, nothing to do with racism.

30. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Spiral For This Post:

Arcturian108 (18th September 2022), Bill Ryan (18th September 2022), Brigantia (18th September 2022), Harmony (25th September 2022), janette (18th September 2022), Nasu (19th September 2022), Reinhard (18th September 2022)

31. Link to Post #56
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Brigantia (here)
    I mean generally, there is always a tension between Hindus & Muslims & has been since the creation of Pakistan (& Bangladesh) .

There are times when "multiculturism" is caught with it's pants down,.... like expecting Muslim MPs to support what Israel does in Gaza & the West Bank.

Basically imported conflicts, nothing to do with racism.
    I agree with you there; a conflict going back to the bungled partition of India that led to many deaths. This is so strange for my home city though as in my experience - I worked there in a multicultural office for a long time - Hindus and Muslims have got along well in Leicester.

32. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Brigantia For This Post:

avid (19th September 2022), Bill Ryan (18th September 2022), Harmony (25th September 2022), janette (18th September 2022), Nasu (19th September 2022), Reinhard (18th September 2022), Spiral (18th September 2022)

33. Link to Post #57
    Thanks

Not UK but . . .

German municipalities preparing for dark winter of blackouts, simulate 400 deaths in first 96 hours

https://www.naturalnews.com/2022-09-...blackouts.html

34. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to norman For This Post:

Bill Ryan (19th September 2022), Brigantia (19th September 2022), Harmony (25th September 2022), Nasu (19th September 2022), Reinhard (18th September 2022), Spiral (25th September 2022)

35. Link to Post #58
    Thanks

36. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to norman For This Post:

avid (25th September 2022), Bill Ryan (25th September 2022), Brigantia (25th September 2022), Harmony (25th September 2022)

37. Link to Post #59
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Certainly armaments of some ilk, along with serious security & a fire engine !

38. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Spiral For This Post:

Bill Ryan (25th September 2022), Brigantia (25th September 2022)

39. Link to Post #60
    Language
    English
    Thanks

It reminds me of the movement of Cruise missiles around the UK in the 1980s that Cruisewatch would film. The difference here is that the Cruise missiles were always moved at night, this is an intriguing convoy to be moved in daytime. They're not trying to hide anything.

40. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Brigantia For This Post:

Bill Ryan (25th September 2022), Harmony (25th September 2022), Spiral (25th September 2022)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 31 FirstFirst 1 3 13 31 LastLast