Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Dance!

1. Link to Post #21
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Default Re: Dance!

Quote Posted by Casey Claar (here)

Everyone who is about to read this knows well enough what I am about to say. It just seems the opportunity to say this is coming around a lot right now, and, well, it could only do us more good to hear it ( again ). To keep hearing it – until we either finally do get on with it, or simply let it be the validation and enhancement to what we are indeed already getting on with. We simply have to get moving. We have to move more. Even if we think we move plenty right now, we have to move more. Movement has never been so important. Times have changed. We live in a mostly indoor, sedentary, computer driven age. So we have to somehow creatively push through this.

I don’t often talk about myself in the everyday sense of what it is like to be a person living in Earth space in present time, generally I find it neither necessary nor interesting but I am going to do a bit of this now. For more than a decade I have been working with a chronic myalgia in my shoulders, neck and back of the head. I know a lot of us are working with various body ailments, aches and pains these days. Not just fibromyalgia, – autoimmune and neurodegenerative diseases are rampant. As a naturopathic minded person, my essential “medicines” for staying fit, or at least as well and fit as possible are the basic essential elements :

Sunshine, water, movement, the breath and love.

When it comes to movement,

Dance seems to come into a category all its own, doesn’t it? There really is nothing else that spans the expanse of the full spectrum of being, quite like dance. And that it generally is inclusive of the use of music makes it all the more far reaching. All the more powerful and uplifting. The frequencies up here, I feel truly are capable of healing all ails. I was born in the 60s which makes this body near to 60 years old now. I carry myself heavy and am no Goldie Hawn on my feet but I do glean the magical and mysterious ways of dance and I know it can help me overcome my pain.

Now there is a reason why right now I am sitting here, typing, bringing DANCE into limelight and front of our attention. It is a curious experience that occurred back in 2017, when David Bowie, shortly after his passing began intersecting with me in out of body states.

Quote David Bowie. Sandy. G. -others who are newly passed, infirm, injured, disabled, needing care. I am magnetically being called in to Bowie by a strong force. (highly pleasant). I note he is wearing white pants, no other clothing. My people are always dressed in stark white like this, like Meshahare and the others when they come. He has a male person who is working with him, working with his body, seeing to his bodily state of being. I am drawing in to this position, attracting to it, when he introduces us—me to him, and we shake hands. Combine. (I have lost the name. too much data in the event and which I am about to find is prophetic). Bowie is bringing my own bodily state of being to my attention. There is the suggestion to move more. In particular, to dance. This is enacted in an additional frequency within the event.

Somehow, somewhere within my soul template I connect with the one who we knew here on the planet as David Bowie. He, for some reason made the connection with me and the connection remains both present and intact. He is the one who tells me I need to move, not just move but DANCE. I am hearing and feeling the need to pick up on, align and be moved onto my feet more by these transmissions. To get up and dance. While dancing tune to the guidance which suggests that as a more regular, if not daily practice we can, if the focus is correct begin to ameliorate what is causing my shoulder-neck-and-head pain. It is at such a level that I am motivated to have a whirl. The work will be in growing this motivation into the constructing of, and discipline to daily practice. This is me beginning the construction ( even ) as we speak.

I want to invite everyone along into this as well. Into just getting up and dancing. It may not be an every day thing, but I think you will notice if motivated to do this even just once, even for just a minute or two you will find you are glad that you did. Life is pretty serious out there right now. Let’s help balance this by creating little light and uplifting moments that help put perspective back in order. Anytime you feel contrary to the way you feel when you dance, it is time to wiggle those toes, shuffle those feet, shake those hips and shimmy those shoulders. Be honest, you smiled reading that last line, right? – ride the wave of those little joy bubbles, put on some music,

AND DANCE!

As part of my practice, I will try making more of these videos.

Please do help keep me accountable and on track.

Casey
    just lovely.. keep dancing~

2. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to cannawizard For This Post:

Bill Ryan (19th September 2022), Casey Claar (31st August 2022), Harmony (31st August 2022), Johnnycomelately (28th November 2022), Mercedes (1st September 2022), wondering (31st August 2022)

3. Link to Post #22
    Canada Avalon Member Johnnycomelately's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,577 times in 981 posts

Thought of you Casey, when out tonight. Tried twice to set up my phone to cam my dance in a mirror, then asked a fellow partier to do it. Her friendgirl vid-bombed me, kind of literally with gas lol. Tune was one of mine on the jukebox, Hendrix. What
    I “forgot what I was doin’” was my moves earlier. Had lots of fun after too.

Attachment 49511

Edit: Sorry. Fail at posting a vid from my phone cloud. To the sandbox with me!
    Last edited by Johnnycomelately; 31st August 2022 at 08:26. Reason: Apology/humility

4. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Johnnycomelately For This Post:

Bill Ryan (19th September 2022), Casey Claar (31st August 2022), Harmony (31st August 2022), Mercedes (1st September 2022), wondering (31st August 2022)

5. Link to Post #23
    China Avalon Retired Member
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,516 times in 1,022 posts

That's another kind of dance altogether, isn't it, xidaijena?

I will confess I did not see that one coming, but, yes, direct energy transfers such as this have great healing potential.

Thank you for adding the dances you are working on. I look forward to the video !! both dances are very courageous endeavors.

Casey
    I practised my first dance yesterday that I mentioned in New Oasis for Life , oh my, I do love it more and I will surely dance it soon. I will share it when I make it.
    It is much more energetic than the two dances above.

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to xidaijena For This Post:

Bill Ryan (19th September 2022), Harmony (31st August 2022), Johnnycomelately (28th November 2022), Mercedes (1st September 2022)

7. Link to Post #24
    Germany Avalon Member Open Minded Dude's Avatar
    Language
    German
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,359 times in 639 posts

Quote Posted by happyuk (here)
    Quote Posted by Open Minded Dude (here)

Another great song...

Video filmed in the village of West Kington, in Wiltshire, England in 1983 and still looks and sounds fresh almost 40 years later .

I have their album in my old vinyl collection and recently put it on (and yes, occasionally I dance to it when I put on my vinyl collection, mostly from the eighties).

There is a different version for that song, btw. You can dance to it too but even more laugh with it.

8. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Open Minded Dude For This Post:

Bill Ryan (19th September 2022), happyuk (31st August 2022), Harmony (23rd September 2022), Johnnycomelately (28th November 2022), Matthew (28th November 2022), Mercedes (1st September 2022)

9. Link to Post #25
    United States Avalon Member Casey Claar's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,973 times in 728 posts

Quote Posted by Johnnycomelately (here)
    Thought of you Casey, when out tonight. Tried twice to set up my phone to cam my dance in a mirror, then asked a fellow partier to do it. Her friendgirl vid-bombed me, kind of literally with gas lol. Tune was one of mine on the jukebox, Hendrix. What
    I “forgot what I was doin’” was my moves earlier. Had lots of fun after too.

Attachment 49511

Edit: Sorry. Fail at posting a vid from my phone cloud. To the sandbox with me!
    So you were at a success at recording, just not posting? Get it over here! ( we all wanna see your moves )

Sounds like your evening was a success all around. I salute you. lol

Casey
    "Love is what is left when you let go of everything you no longer need." —Raj

10. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Casey Claar For This Post:

Alecs (29th November 2022), Bill Ryan (19th September 2022), Harmony (23rd September 2022), Johnnycomelately (31st August 2022), Mercedes (1st September 2022)

11. Link to Post #26
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Hi Casey, I'm sharing now:

There are three parts of the dancing. Different music and different dance. They are called Tibetan dance and Chinese classical dance. I am new...lol

12. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to xidaijena For This Post:

Alecs (29th November 2022), Bill Ryan (27th November 2022), Bluegreen (7th December 2022), Casey Claar (27th November 2022), Harmony (28th November 2022), Heart to heart (27th November 2022), Johnnycomelately (28th November 2022), Matthew (28th November 2022), Open Minded Dude (27th November 2022), Sue (Ayt) (27th November 2022)

13. Link to Post #27
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Oh this is very good !! which one of the dancers is you, Jena?

14. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Casey Claar For This Post:

Alecs (29th November 2022), Bill Ryan (27th November 2022), Harmony (28th November 2022), Johnnycomelately (28th November 2022), xidaijena (28th November 2022)

15. Link to Post #28
    Language
    English
    Thanks

That lady in blue and wearing the black glasses

You can see me turning around "badly"in the last dancing part

It is really difficult for me to remember using both of my arms and feet in quite different pace or direction together.

But it is really very soft and beautiful dancing. I love its feeling.
    Last edited by xidaijena; 28th November 2022 at 14:06.

16. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to xidaijena For This Post:

Alecs (29th November 2022), Bill Ryan (28th November 2022), Casey Claar (28th November 2022), Harmony (29th November 2022), Johnnycomelately (30th November 2022), Sue (Ayt) (29th November 2022)

17. Link to Post #29
    Language
    English
    Thanks

I can't help laughing when seeing myself...LOL

Do you know, the teacher only teahces us one class in an hour and then she will take a video for us to let ourselves to see whether I dance well or not...LOL

I only learn these parts once...LOL

Very interesting. Though it is soft and beautiful, I am totally sweat after class.
    Last edited by xidaijena; 28th November 2022 at 15:17.

18. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to xidaijena For This Post:

Alecs (29th November 2022), Bill Ryan (28th November 2022), Casey Claar (28th November 2022), Harmony (29th November 2022), Johnnycomelately (30th November 2022), Sue (Ayt) (29th November 2022)

19. Link to Post #30
    Wales Avalon Member
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Hi Casey, Great Post !!! I am still in my pyjamas and feeling a bit down as I have just heard the news of the sad death of a young girlfriend, only 49 years of age. Anyway, I have just danced around the kitchen and this has really uplifted my spirits. Take care and keep on dancing !!! ...... Suzi

20. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Suzi E For This Post:

21. Link to Post #31
    France Avalon Member Lunesoleil's Avatar
    Language
    uses a translator
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,300 times in 1,185 posts

Arrow Re: Dance!

I love to dance, thank you for this thought. Yes completely agree we have to move, I started running this year after training with brisk walking during the covid. A feat to run at my own pace, I do more than 5km without stopping. . And when I hear music I can't stop dancing

This summer I practiced brisk walking in the sea

In shape
    Last edited by Lunesoleil; 28th November 2022 at 21:56.

22. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Lunesoleil For This Post:

Alecs (29th November 2022), Bill Ryan (28th November 2022), Bluegreen (7th December 2022), Casey Claar (28th November 2022), Harmony (29th November 2022), Johnnycomelately (30th November 2022), Sue (Ayt) (29th November 2022), xidaijena (3rd December 2022)

23. Link to Post #32
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Quote Posted by xidaijena (here)

It is really difficult for me to remember using both of my arms and feet in quite different pace or direction together.

Jena, you all make it look so easy ( and graceful! ) but I know it is not this easy, I think you are doing great !! So relaxing and beautiful to watch, too.

Laugh at yourself if it feels good, but use the good feelings to help you ease into your mastery.

It is not everyone who will show others their process.

You are already well ahead of the game.

Keep the practice videos coming.

24. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Casey Claar For This Post:

Alecs (29th November 2022), Bill Ryan (28th November 2022), Harmony (29th November 2022), Johnnycomelately (30th November 2022), Sue (Ayt) (29th November 2022), xidaijena (3rd December 2022)

25. Link to Post #33
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Suzi E (here)
    Hi Casey, Great Post !!! I am still in my pyjamas and feeling a bit down as I have just heard the news of the sad death of a young girlfriend, only 49 years of age. Anyway, I have just danced around the kitchen and this has really uplifted my spirits. Take care and keep on dancing !!! ...... Suzi
    Suzi, you have no idea how good this does my heart to hear. We do need to keep ourselves uplifted. I am so sorry for your loss. There seem so many who are passing early.

I can see you dancing through your kitchen. You take care also, and, yes!, while we are still here lets keep moving and high energy flowing.

Casey
    Last edited by Casey Claar; 29th November 2022 at 17:07.

26. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Casey Claar For This Post:

Alecs (29th November 2022), Bill Ryan (28th November 2022), Harmony (29th November 2022), Johnnycomelately (30th November 2022), Sue (Ayt) (29th November 2022), xidaijena (3rd December 2022)

27. Link to Post #34
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Lunesoleil (here)

I love to dance, thank you for this thought. Yes completely agree we have to move, I started running this year after training with brisk walking during the covid. A feat to run at my own pace, I do more than 5km without stopping. . And when I hear music I can't stop dancing

In shape
    You are so welcome!

Thank you for sharing your own moves, too.

It good to see you and I loved the birds singing in the background on your run.

Seriously well done. ( in the water, too ).

28. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Casey Claar For This Post:

Alecs (29th November 2022), Bill Ryan (28th November 2022), Harmony (29th November 2022), Johnnycomelately (30th November 2022), Lunesoleil (29th November 2022), Sue (Ayt) (29th November 2022), xidaijena (3rd December 2022)

29. Link to Post #35
    France Avalon Member Lunesoleil's Avatar
    Language
    uses a translator
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,300 times in 1,185 posts

Arrow Re: Dance!

You are so welcome!
    Wow, I just found a video where I dance, I can't believe it. I was a long time dancing in disco and when I go out in town and there are musicians playing music I can not help but dance. What I did in many protests against covid

30. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Lunesoleil For This Post:

Alecs (29th November 2022), Bill Ryan (29th November 2022), Casey Claar (29th November 2022), Harmony (4th December 2022), Johnnycomelately (30th November 2022), Sue (Ayt) (29th November 2022), xidaijena (3rd December 2022)

31. Link to Post #36
    Language
    English
    Thanks

My goodness, super fun music and dance! rock it, sister.

And my gratitude for all of you who got out in a collective statement to our governments about the c-thing. What an uplifting statement indeed!

32. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Casey Claar For This Post:

Alecs (29th November 2022), Bill Ryan (29th November 2022), Harmony (4th December 2022), Johnnycomelately (30th November 2022), Lunesoleil (29th November 2022), Sue (Ayt) (29th November 2022)

33. Link to Post #37
    Language
    English
    Thanks

In shape
    Hi Lunesoleil, thanks for your video. You are cool! Keep it up! I also hope you can share some dancing video of yourself or with other friends.
    You can walk in the sea? Is it not deep? I also decide to swim next week. Hope I can make a video, but I can't promise but I will try. It is the first time for me to swim in winter. I don't know what I will feel. Anyway, God bless me.

¤=[Post Update]=¤

You are so welcome!
    Wow, I just found a video where I dance, I can't believe it. I was a long time dancing in disco and when I go out in town and there are musicians playing music I can not help but dance. What I did in many protests against covid

Oh, you did it! Great! I love disco too!

¤=[Post Update]=¤

Quote Posted by xidaijena (here)

Jena, you all make it look so easy ( and graceful! ) but I know it is not this easy, I think you are doing great !! So relaxing and beautiful to watch, too.

Laugh at yourself if it feels good, but use the good feelings to help you ease into your mastery.

It is not everyone who will show others their process.

You are already well ahead of the game.

Keep the practice videos coming.
    Thanks, Casey. I just like it. I will see whether I can find any nice dances later.
    You too, keep sharing your dancing video. I like them.

34. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to xidaijena For This Post:

Bill Ryan (6th December 2022), Casey Claar (4th December 2022), Harmony (4th December 2022), Lunesoleil (3rd December 2022)

35. Link to Post #38
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Here I go:

One of my dancing teacher:

Dance following the teacher:

Dance by ourselves

The lady in yellow was me and I learned it once last night. The others were leaning twice.

36. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to xidaijena For This Post:

Alecs (6th December 2022), Bill Ryan (6th December 2022), Casey Claar (6th December 2022), Harmony (7th December 2022), Lunesoleil (6th December 2022)

37. Link to Post #39
    Language
    English
    Thanks

So beautiful, even mesmerizing to watch. The intention behind the movement in dance such a this is truly remarkable. I imagine it takes much practice to master. I really can think of no greater endeavor. It transfers over into everything, everything thought, said and done. I have always had a great deal of respect for the Asian culture. Thank you for sharing, Jena.

38. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Casey Claar For This Post:

Bill Ryan (6th December 2022), Harmony (7th December 2022), Lunesoleil (7th December 2022), xidaijena (6th December 2022)

39. Link to Post #40
    Language
    English
    Thanks

So beautiful, even mesmerizing to watch. The intention behind the movement in dance such a this is truly remarkable. I imagine it takes much practice to master. I really can think of no greater endeavor. It transfers over into everything, everything thought, said and done. I have always had a great deal of respect for the Asian culture. Thank you for sharing, Jena.
    Thanks for your kind words, Casey.
    To be honest, this is also the first time for me to try to learn Chinese classical dance and found that I really like it and enjoy learning it. It has some inexplicable, and unspeakable beauty to me. Every pose reflects the feminine beauty of women. Do you know that I was feeling so shameful or despised this kind of feminine beauty 11 years ago? The marriage, family and work procedures make me forget that I am a woman, and I must become as vigorous and masculine as a man, which is why I have spent 6 years learning Taekwondo, Boxing, Sanda and Jeet Kune Do. But because I met Lifechanyuan and now I truely feel some of the awesome of the Greatest Creator and HIS love for me, I finally learned to accept my female identity and became gentle. It is not easy and I know I still have a very long way to walk and long time to perfect myself, but I'll take my time.

40. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to xidaijena For This Post:

Casey Claar (7th December 2022), Harmony (7th December 2022), Lunesoleil (7th December 2022)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast