+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Which is more important for Humanity and its progress - Historical Truth or SJW Feelings?

1. Link to Post #1
    Costa Rica Avalon Member
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,560 times in 568 posts

Default Which is more important for Humanity and its progress - Historical Truth or SJW Feelings?

OK, typical morning - enjoying my fresh Papaya and toast, trying to enjoy my coffee, locally grown of course, and on the Satellite TV comes a movie about King Arthur.

Now there are, culturally speaking, two King Arthurs. The Real one that died about 534 AD, and the creation of the French Catholics of the late Middle Ages, complete with a shining Castle with Crowns etc.

But for the love of God, this was not only the Middle Ages version but features a Whimpy F*g type, who would have had trouble even following along in the group of the real Arthur, and accompanying this example, which is all I could call him, is two African-American Knights and a Chinese Knight.

OK, so we're going to make everybody feel like part of our heritage. We won't be excluding anyone from our modern culture - wide open arms, snuggle and sing Koomba Ya with the masses and multitudes. Openly embracing the several versions of Manhood and Womanhood. I get it.

But at what point does the natural pride of the actual ancestry of the real King Arthur get thrown under the bus, and history is allowed to be changed - at the detriment of
    honest folk who tend to wish to cling to their pride?

Let others into our group sure - it should only be one group after all - the group of humanity. Treat everyone as we would wish to be treated - of course. But destroy the hopes and dreams of those whose fathers and grandfathers worked for it? I think this is not a good idea.

Sorry to be so politically and socially incorrect. I choose to live in a forest on top of a mountain for the reason that I cannot actually stomach most of mankind in its current form.

What say you oh Knights of Avalon?

2. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Jim_Duyer For This Post:

Heart to heart (8th September 2022), Ivanhoe (8th September 2022), Johnnycomelately (8th September 2022), Journeyman (8th September 2022), Mark (Star Mariner) (8th September 2022), thepainterdoug (8th September 2022), Vangelo (9th September 2022)

3. Link to Post #2
    Canada Avalon Member Johnnycomelately's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,738 times in 997 posts

Default Re: Which is more important for Humanity and its progress - Historical Truth or SJW Feelings?

Quote Posted by Jim_Duyer (here)
    OK, typical morning - enjoying my fresh Papaya and toast, trying to enjoy my coffee, locally grown of course, and on the Satellite TV comes a movie about King Arthur.

What say you oh Knights of Avalon?
    Never watch TV.

4. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Johnnycomelately For This Post:

Docim369 (8th September 2022), East Sun (8th September 2022), Heart to heart (8th September 2022), Jim_Duyer (8th September 2022), Journeyman (8th September 2022), Orph (8th September 2022)

5. Link to Post #3
    UK Avalon Member Heart to heart's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,281 times in 231 posts

Default Re: Which is more important for Humanity and its progress - Historical Truth or SJW Feelings?

I have ready a new storytelling video that I hoped to get out this week and it involves King Arthur and not as history or mystery has portrayed him.
    However I have a slight problem as have been unable to connect with Sam, the photographer, and without him I do not have an audience!
    And this is such a revealing episode but I have to put it on hold for the present moment.
    In patience possess ye your souls🙏

6. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Heart to heart For This Post:

Jim_Duyer (8th September 2022), Johnnycomelately (8th September 2022), Journeyman (8th September 2022), Orph (8th September 2022), Sunny (8th September 2022), The KMan (9th September 2022), Vangelo (9th September 2022)

7. Link to Post #4
    Netherlands Avalon Member ExomatrixTV's Avatar
    Language
    English, Dutch, German, Limburgs
    Thanks
    Thanked 127,115 times in 21,069 posts

When you discuss any controversial issue ... it is always nice for all Avalonians to see (multiple) source links we can go to to see what you are really talking about ...

I am Dutch 🇳🇱 and our true history last ±1500+ years is connected to the Vikings, Germans, French, Spanish & UK also full of controversy! >>> to explain why that is I can put some effort to share all alternative sources that can explain exactly that ...

Ever wondered why the Dutch 🇳🇱 were the best in producing the fastest (VOC) war & merchant sailing boats 3 times larger fleet than the British had?

According to Michael Tsarion the "Black novelty connected to the Phoenicians" shared the ancient secrets to the Dutch building different & better (faster) sailing boats mixed with some "upgrades" the Dutch made.
    • Do you know that Belgium & Luxembourg was originally part of The Netherlands when The Dutch Kingdom won many wars? >>> and founded many places all over the world.
    • Do you know why the Japanese for a long period of time only wanted to trade with The Dutch 🇳🇱 since 1609? (and not with the Portuguese nor Spanish nor British).
    • What do you know about The Dutch decedents in Canada, New Zealand, South Africa, India, Indonesia, Australia, Manhattan in New York (was originally "New Amsterdam") and many other places all over the world.
    • What do you know about the profound role The Dutch 🇳🇱 had in producing The Declaration of Independence in USA? >>> meanwhile they will not teach this at American schools!
    • In 1602 The Dutch 🇳🇱 were the first creating a Multinational Corporation that had their own rules & laws beyond national rules & laws connected to the oldest "Stock Exchange" on the planet in Amsterdam.
    • List of Dutch 🇳🇱 inventions and innovations most people do not know they came from The Netherlands.
    • There is so much more that most people do not know the true history of the Dutch 🇳🇱 and some of it is also (highly) controversial to say the least.
    cheers,
    John Kuhles aka 'ExomatrixTV'
    September 8, 2022 🦜🦋🌳
    Last edited by ExomatrixTV; 8th September 2022 at 18:09.
    No need to follow anyone, only consider broadening (y)our horizon of possibilities ...

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ExomatrixTV For This Post:

Docim369 (8th September 2022), The KMan (9th September 2022)

9. Link to Post #5
    Costa Rica Avalon Member
    Language
    English
    Thanks

ExomatrixTV
    Thanks - I usually cite sources but since this was a current movie I did not. My point is not to prove that they are wrong in their portrayal - that's fairly obvious to anyone who watches it. I was asking what importance or balance of importance we should place between truth and feelings?
    And I would love to read further and discover the answer to the questions you have asked above - can you lead me to those answers?
    And Japan, through its Emperor, who was a dictator and war general at the time, asked for a treaty with one of the first nations outside of the East. He wished a treaty with Mexico. Not Spain, but the Mexico as run by the natives of that land - and he especially wished to communicate with the Mayan. Apparently he wished to quiz them on their mining and tunnel building skills. But Europeans have never told us that the Maya had any particular skills in those fields (they did however). Interesting.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jim_Duyer For This Post:

ExomatrixTV (8th September 2022), The KMan (9th September 2022)

11. Link to Post #6
    Language
    Thanks

Lightbulb Re: Which is more important for Humanity and its progress - Historical Truth or SJW Feelings?

ExomatrixTV
    Thanks - I usually cite sources but since this was a current movie I did not. My point is not to prove that they are wrong in their portrayal - that's fairly obvious to anyone who watches it. I was asking what importance or balance of importance we should place between truth and feelings?
    And I would love to read further and discover the answer to the questions you have asked above - can you lead me to those answers?
    And Japan, through its Emperor, who was a dictator and war general at the time, asked for a treaty with one of the first nations outside of the East. He wished a treaty with Mexico. Not Spain, but the Mexico as run by the natives of that land - and he especially wished to communicate with the Mayan. Apparently he wished to quiz them on their mining and tunnel building skills. But Europeans have never told us that the Maya had any particular skills in those fields (they did however). Interesting.

Ah I see ... maybe am spoiled to expect always to see source links

The Mayan Mexico Japan Treaty was made in November 30, 1888.

I was talking about the real first western people arriving in Japan early 1600s where The Portuguese, The Spanish & The British at the time had no success trading with them (they tried!) but the Dutch did!
    • Talking about what impacted the world more than 400 years ago that helped shaped our mutual cultures!
    • The main reason The Japanese wanted to trade with The Dutch exclusively was that the Dutch would respect their culture and not impose (religious) beliefs on to them!
    • Judgments based upon dogmatic religious beliefs has many dark faces.
    • One of the key successes of The Dutch 🇳🇱 was embracing more than "1 point of view" in a pragmatic practical way >>> and by walking the talk we gained respect back from Japan!
    • Dutch 🇳🇱 MP interviewed by Japanese Media very recently September 2022:

In the Netherlands there was a huge conflict (almost civil war level conflict) between Catholics & Protestants in the 1600s & 1700s similar what you see in Ireland ... Because both sides had to find a "common ground" to be more successful building a healthy nation economically ... certain simple basics were applied when working with other nations.
    cheers,
    John 🦜🦋🌳
    Last edited by ExomatrixTV; 8th September 2022 at 18:34.
    No need to follow anyone, only consider broadening (y)our horizon of possibilities ...

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ExomatrixTV For This Post:

Jim_Duyer (8th September 2022), The KMan (9th September 2022)

13. Link to Post #7
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,219 times in 1,147 posts

But at what point does the natural pride of the actual ancestry of the real King Arthur get thrown under the bus, and history is allowed to be changed - at the detriment of
    I agree, but Hollywood has been doing this for many years. Those cherishing Arthur's memory will have to get in the queue, I've heard the next in line are the Danes who are still angry about Tony Curtis and Kirk Douglas in 'The Vikings'...

Quote Posted by ExomatrixTV (here)
    When you discuss any controversial issue ... it is always nice for all Avalonians to see (multiple) source links we can go to to see what you are really talking about ...
    There's a British Director called Guy Ritchie who really only has one film that he likes to make. On this occasion the one film (mock cockney wideboys pull off a scam) is set in Arthurian Britain, except that won't help it sell to the global markets so let's get creative with the casting and storyline and anything else.

The dogs breakfast that resulted:

Yes, I watched it....

14. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Journeyman For This Post:

ExomatrixTV (8th September 2022), Jim_Duyer (8th September 2022), Johnnycomelately (9th September 2022), The KMan (9th September 2022)

15. Link to Post #8
    Costa Rica Avalon Member
    Language
    English
    Thanks

You: The Mayan Mexico Japan Treaty was made in November 30, 1888.

Perhaps, but actually the period that I am speaking of is when the Japanese first approached the Mexicans - and that was in the early 1500s. The Mexican govt. consisting of Spaniards at the time, were shocked when Japan said that they did not wish to speak to or trade with them or Spain, but rather wished to speak directly with the Mayan natives in southern Mexico.

¤=[Post Update]=¤

Quote Posted by Journeyman (here)
    I agree, but Hollywood has been doing this for many years. Those cherishing Arthur's memory will have to get in the queue, I've heard the next in line are the Danes who are still angry about Tony Curtis and Kirk Douglas in 'The Vikings'...

There's a British Director called Guy Ritchie who really only has one film that he likes to make. On this occasion the one film (mock cockney wideboys pull off a scam) is set in Arthurian Britain, except that won't help it sell to the global markets so let's get creative with the casting and storyline and anything else.

The dogs breakfast that resulted:

Yes, I watched it....
    Love the "dogs breakfast" comment.

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Jim_Duyer For This Post:

Johnnycomelately (9th September 2022), Journeyman (8th September 2022), The KMan (9th September 2022)

17. Link to Post #9
    Language
    Thanks

Perhaps, but actually the period that I am speaking of is when the Japanese first approached the Mexicans - and that was in the early 1500s. The Mexican govt. consisting of Spaniards at the time, were shocked when Japan said that they did not wish to speak to or trade with them or Spain, but rather wished to speak directly with the Mayan natives in southern Mexico.[COLOR="red"]
    Can you show me the effects of the alleged "Japan - Mexico Trade in 1500s?"... if any ... Is there anything what we can study ... links? ... Am really curious about that!
    Last edited by ExomatrixTV; 8th September 2022 at 19:39.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to ExomatrixTV For This Post:

The KMan (9th September 2022)

19. Link to Post #10
    Costa Rica Avalon Member
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Perhaps, but actually the period that I am speaking of is when the Japanese first approached the Mexicans - and that was in the early 1500s. The Mexican govt. consisting of Spaniards at the time, were shocked when Japan said that they did not wish to speak to or trade with them or Spain, but rather wished to speak directly with the Mayan natives in southern Mexico.[COLOR="red"]
    Can you show me the effects of the alleged "Japan - Mexico Trade in 1500s?"... if any ... Is there anything what we can study ... links? ... Am really curious about that!
    Some of the easily obtained sources have been scrubbed it seems. I have them on a hard drive but I will not be able to get the actual and factual data today at least. Here are some more:

Tokugawa Ieyasu and the Founding of the Edo Shogunate
    Having won mastery of the country, in 1603 Ieyasu received the title of shogun and formally established samurai rule in Edo. Including his various allies and vassals, he could command hundreds of thousands of soldiers, giving him total military control over the country.

One Reference: Lothar Knauth, Confrontación transpacífica. El Japón e el Nuevo Mundo
    Hispânico, Mexico City, 1972, p. 116; Mary Elisabeth Berry, op. cit. , p. 208

Another: San Buena Ventura was a 120-ton ship built in Japan under the direction of the English navigator and adventurer William Adams for the shogun Tokugawa Ieyasu.[1] The ship was built in 1607, and followed the construction of a smaller 80-ton ship, also by William Adams, which had been used for the charting of the waters around Japan. Tokugawa Ieyasu ordered the second, bigger, ship for travels to other countries.

Ieyasu expressed his desire to expand trade with New Spain (Mexico) and Spain. Rodrigo de Vivero answered that he could readily organize trade on a scale surpassing that of the Dutch, the main rivals of Spain in Asia at the time. He also offered to send to Japan 50 experts in silver mining from Mexico. In exchange, he asked for the protection of Spanish priests in Japan, support for shipwrecked boats on the Japanese coasts, and the expulsion of Dutch merchants from Japan, the last request being rejected by Ieyasu.

In order for the Spanish to return to Mexico, Ieyasu lent them William Adams's ship,[2] also lent them the equivalent of 4,000 ducados for the trip. Rodrigo de Vivero made it back to Mexico on board the ship in 1610. Twenty-two Japanese were also on board, led by Tanaka Shosuke,[3] who became the first recorded Japanese to reach the continent. Luis de Velasco, the viceroy of Nueva España received the 22 Japanese and expressed his great satisfaction at the treatment the Spanish sailors had received in Japan. He confiscated the San Buena Ventura however, fearing that the Japanese would become expert at trans-oceanic navigation.

The viceroy of Nueva España decided to send an embassy to Japan in the person of the famous explorer Sebastián Vizcaíno. Vizcaino also had a mission to return the 4,000 ducados and to research "gold and silver islands", supposedly to the east of Japan. He left for Japan on 22 March 1611, and after another shipwreck eventually returned in 1613 on board the Japanese-built galleon San Juan Bautista with the first official Japanese embassy to the Americas and Europe, led by Hasekura Tsunenaga.

It was closer to the turn of the 1600s - my mistake. But the sources I have on hard drive from the period prior to the reports being scrubbed, tell of his interest in the Mayans and perhaps Aztec and not the Mexican-Spanish rulers per se. And his interest was 100% connected to mining - and perhaps it was silver, since his territory had recently been mining silver. But I believe there was a relation to Mercury as well. I'll look for these when I get the chance.

My take from the original reports was that he was not interested in making a treaty with Spain, but with the newly created lands of New Spain or Mexico.

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jim_Duyer For This Post:

ExomatrixTV (8th September 2022), Johnnycomelately (9th September 2022)

+ Reply to Thread