1. Link to Post #41
    Administrator Mark (Star Mariner)'s Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 35,495 times in 4,309 posts

Default Re: Healing Assistance Requested

Thank you guys, really - sincerely.

It's strange, this hit me so very hard. Even though I knew it was coming, I had no clue how impactful it would be when the inevitable happened. Yes, I was spared the shock, because it was expected, but I was completely unprepared for the intensity of the blow. We were extremely close, and the loss cannot be reckoned in words. I'm sure everyone's who's suffered a close loss like this knows exactly what I mean. It absolutely crushes you. And all the spiritual knowledge and awareness in the world, though it obviously provides some comfort, does not really soften the impact.

One other thing I want to share. In the hospital, while he lay in this critical condition, I reached out and touched him on the arm and told him I loved him. He was barely conscious so probably didn't hear it, and I didn't really need to say it. I'd never said it before. I'm a guy and he's a guy and we didn't say this sort of stuff. But I wanted to say it because I knew if I didn't I'd go on to wish I had. I guess what I mean to say is, you can't wait forever to tell the ones you love that you love them. If you have the opportunity take it. Cherish your nearest and dearest while they're still here.

In closing, I'm greatly comforted by the fact that I know he's not really gone. He's just walked through a door into a higher reality, and in the grand scheme of things I'm only a hop, skip, and a jump behind him. It's a journey we all will take.
    "When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace."
    ~ Jimi Hendrix

2. The Following 20 Users Say Thank You to Mark (Star Mariner) For This Post:

Alekahn2 (16th September 2022), Bill Ryan (16th September 2022), Brigantia (16th September 2022), ClearWater (16th September 2022), ErtheVessel (16th September 2022), Franny (16th September 2022), Harmony (16th September 2022), JackMcThorn (16th September 2022), Johnnycomelately (16th September 2022), Journeyman (16th September 2022), justntime2learn (16th September 2022), Mark (21st September 2022), Ravenlocke (30th March 2023), Rosco1 (18th October 2022), RunningDeer (16th September 2022), Spiral (16th September 2022), Stephanie (16th September 2022), Tyy1907 (16th September 2022), Vicus (16th September 2022), wondering (16th September 2022)

3. Link to Post #42
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,275 times in 1,435 posts

Default Re: Healing Assistance Requested

Quote Posted by Mark (Star Mariner) (here)
    Thank you guys, really - sincerely.

It's strange, this hit me so very hard. Even though I knew it was coming, I had no clue how impactful it would be when the inevitable happened. Yes, I was spared the shock, because it was expected, but I was completely unprepared for the intensity of the blow. We were extremely close, and the loss cannot be reckoned in words. I'm sure everyone's who's suffered a close loss like this knows exactly what I mean. It absolutely crushes you. And all the spiritual knowledge and awareness in the world, though it obviously provides some comfort, does not really soften the impact.

One other thing I want to share. In the hospital, while he lay in this critical condition, I reached out and touched him on the arm and told him I loved him. He was barely conscious so probably didn't hear it, and I didn't really need to say it. I'd never said it before. I'm a guy and he's a guy and we didn't say this sort of stuff. But I wanted to say it because I knew if I didn't I'd go on to wish I had. I guess what I mean to say is, you can't wait forever to tell the ones you love that you love them. If you have the opportunity take it. Cherish your nearest and dearest while they're still here.

In closing, I'm greatly comforted by the fact that I know he's not really gone. He's just walked through a door into a higher reality, and in the grand scheme of things I'm only a hop, skip, and a jump behind him. It's a journey we all will take.
    It's good you feel at least some closure about it. They can send signs from the beyond as well if you ask.
    "Without the human request, nothing will happen."

"This must never be forgotten, that the human has the power to prevail."

4. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Tyy1907 For This Post:

Bill Ryan (16th September 2022), Franny (16th September 2022), Harmony (17th September 2022), justntime2learn (18th September 2022), Mark (21st September 2022), Mark (Star Mariner) (16th September 2022), Ravenlocke (30th March 2023), RunningDeer (16th September 2022), Stephanie (16th September 2022), wondering (16th September 2022)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 3